Remember me
▼ Content

covid vaccine

Page 5 of 11<<<34567>>>
19-08-2021 18:57
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
... and I'm 99.99% sure that anyone who refuses to accept and worship The Booster Shot will lose their "fully immunized" status, and will be no better off with regard to "the privilege to participate in society" than the dirty unclean leprous "anti-vaxxers".
20-08-2021 07:51
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I just picked up the local news station while I was having lunch and the latest deal is the early vaccines are now useless against the new covid strain and we are all going to have to start over again
20-08-2021 16:13
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
duncan61 wrote:
I just picked up the local news station while I was having lunch and the latest deal is the early vaccines are now useless against the new covid strain and we are all going to have to start over again

Is Australia under marshal law? Soldiers patrolling the streets, ready to shoot anybody who peeks out the door?

America hasn't made any announcement of an evasive variant yet. But, our government lies all the time. Specially when the democrat party is involved. I don't think any vaccine will end a pandemic, or have much effect until the pandemic is winding down on it's own. There is something odd about the push for vaccination. Really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I understand that for some people, a respiratory infection, is pretty much a death sentence. But, we have dozens of cold and flu viruses, just as deadly, or worse, than covid. The high-risk people would be extremely cautious, anyway. As well as the people around them. Still, an early, emergency-use vaccine, is better than double-masking. Emergency Use Approval, means you fear for your life, and desperately need it.

They keep claim the mRNA vaccines are superior to natural immunity. Which defies all logic. Each individual, produces their own antibodies, vaccine or virus. The vaccine is model from the earliest variants of the pandemic. The sequencing was done by China, and upload to an open source website, for anybody to use. Of course, decades of propaganda tells us the Chinese always lie, even when they don't need to. And they never share, or give anything away for free. We knew there would be many variants, and the dominant strain would change, as the pandemic progressed. Logically, on would think that natural immunity would always be superior, as the antibodies would be more in tune, to the current dominant strain, and likely just as effective against previous strains. The likelihood of vaccine evasive variants has always been likely. Antibodies don't prevent infection, the assist the immune system to fight infection quicker, without the unpleasant symptoms. It's the cough, sneezing, and mucus that helps spread the virus. With antibodies, you recover in a day or so, and don't really notice you were even infected. Without, it takes 5-10 days, and you feel miserable, cough, sneeze, expelling live virus.
21-08-2021 00:58
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
NSW is under full lockdown as there is a whole bunch of cases and its getting worse.I live in Perth which is 41 hr (3,935.2 km) via National Highway A1 so not exactly local.We have shut our borders again.I do not watch terrestrial TV it just was on while I was at a fish and chip place.My client yesterday shared with me that the masks are not to stop you getting infected its to try to help stop you spreading it if you have it.Made sense to me.We are fortunate here as we are so remote from the rest of the world it is like its not happening to us I think New Zealand is similar.We had a mask wearing moment for a week and its not that bad.
21-08-2021 02:30
(3314)
duncan61 wrote:My client yesterday shared with me that the masks are not to stop you getting infected its to try to help stop you spreading it if you have it.Made sense to me.

Really? THAT made sense to you? Is this the same sort of "sense" that ATE supposedly makes to you??

What your client shared with you is that masks are somehow able to filter viruses from the inside-out but NOT from the outside-in, even though it's the very same mask pores that are being discussed. IOW, he's claiming that masks are "magick one-way masks" much like how Church of Global Warming morons claim that atmospheric CO2 acts as a magick one-way insulator.

duncan61 wrote:
We are fortunate here as we are so remote from the rest of the world it is like its not happening to us I think New Zealand is similar.We had a mask wearing moment for a week and its not that bad.

You don't value freedom very much, do you? Do you enjoy medical tyranny? Forced mask wearing was only the beginning... now it's up to forced vaccinations... What's next?? Forced kidney transplants? Forced living lung transplants? Forced gastric bypass surgeries??

21-08-2021 06:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
NSW is under full lockdown as there is a whole bunch of cases and its getting worse.I live in Perth which is 41 hr (3,935.2 km) via National Highway A1 so not exactly local.We have shut our borders again.

Sucks to live in a totalitarian state.
duncan61 wrote:
I do not watch terrestrial TV it just was on while I was at a fish and chip place.

Get 'em while they're hot! They'll be closed again soon.
duncan61 wrote:
My client yesterday shared with me that the masks are not to stop you getting infected its to try to help stop you spreading it if you have it. Made sense to me.

Masks are completely ineffective against viruses. If you are sick, stay home. Then you won't spread it. If you are not sick, you can't infect anyone.
duncan61 wrote:
We are fortunate here as we are so remote from the rest of the world it is like its not happening to us I think New Zealand is similar.We had a mask wearing moment for a week and its not that bad.

Just don't care about those poor countrymen in the NSW, do you?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-08-2021 07:15
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I would like to share 2 analogies
When the blitz started in WW2 the german bomber pilots very soon realized they could fly higher than the British 3 inch AA gun could shoot however the gunners still banged away at them probably to keep them up higher where they could not bomb accurately but also for the morale of the citizens of London who would hear the guns and think they are getting the bastards which they of course were not.
If the Government asks you to wear a surgical mask in public to try to stop a contagious virus from spreading is that 2 much to ask or are you better than everyone else
The second analogy is on 29 April 1996 a very disturbed young man went berserk with a Colt AR-15 (.223) and a L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle (.308);In a sleepy little town in Tasmania called Port Arthur and killed and wounded many tourists.The government responded by banning the sale and ownership of semi automatic firearms.I am on a gun forum and to this day some posters still go on about how unfair it is.I consider what else could the government of the day do.
I raise this query to the warming alarmist.O.K. its all true what are you going to do.Renewables do not work where is your solution?I would like to go on but will start a new topic
Edited on 21-08-2021 07:18
21-08-2021 16:48
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
I would like to share 2 analogies
When the blitz started in WW2 the german bomber pilots very soon realized they could fly higher than the British 3 inch AA gun could shoot however the gunners still banged away at them probably to keep them up higher where they could not bomb accurately but also for the morale of the citizens of London who would hear the guns and think they are getting the bastards which they of course were not.

The 3 inch guns could get a shell that high. The problem was one of aiming and fusing. These guns were soon replaced with better ones.
duncan61 wrote:
If the Government asks you to wear a surgical mask in public to try to stop a contagious virus from spreading is that 2 much to ask or are you better than everyone else

Masks do not stop a virus. They are completely ineffective against a virus. They are not designed to be worn for long periods of time. Doing so increases the risk of bacteriological and fungal infections.
duncan61 wrote:
The second analogy is on 29 April 1996 a very disturbed young man went berserk with a Colt AR-15 (.223) and a L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle (.308);In a sleepy little town in Tasmania called Port Arthur and killed and wounded many tourists.The government responded by banning the sale and ownership of semi automatic firearms.I am on a gun forum and to this day some posters still go on about how unfair it is.I consider what else could the government of the day do.

It is unfair. It is punishing the population for the act of a single man. Perhaps next time someone decides to rob a house, you should be put in prison for it.
duncan61 wrote:
I raise this query to the warming alarmist.O.K. its all true what are you going to do.Renewables do not work where is your solution?I would like to go on but will start a new topic

Renewables do work. Oil is a renewable fuel. So is methane (natural gas).

People are going to buy what energy source they want. YOU don't get to dictate energy markets.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-08-2021 22:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Sweden took no precautions as a result of the pandemic. It's mortality rate was much higher than it's neighbors.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/half-sweden-decided-not-lock-115500722.html
21-08-2021 22:42
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)

James___ wrote:Sweden took no precautions as a result of the pandemic. It's mortality rate was much higher than it's neighbors.

Nope. GasGuzzler totally debunked this notion long ago.

https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/zombie-apocolypse-d6-e3157-s120.php#post_61663

Don't engage in selective memory.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-08-2021 23:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

James___ wrote:Sweden took no precautions as a result of the pandemic. It's mortality rate was much higher than it's neighbors.

Nope. GasGuzzler totally debunked this notion long ago.

https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/zombie-apocolypse-d6-e3157-s120.php#post_61663

Don't engage in selective memory.

Are you trying to mesmerize people with all of those pretty lights again, er, still?
22-08-2021 02:42
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
There is no such thing as a variant of a variant.

Why not? Please explain...

22-08-2021 03:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

His father "is". His mother "is" and he "is". No variation. He is his mother and father because they "is".
Amorphic means; Having no defined shape, lacking form; amorphous.
ie., "is". Think Q on Star Trek.
https://www.startrek.com/database_article/q
23-08-2021 00:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
I see the battle for the various delusions continues.
Anyhow, in my corner of the world, the question of to vaccinate or not to vaccinate continues. After my first mRNA vaccination i had minimal side effects. Nevertheless, i saw Dr. Fauci show some graphs that said that the increase in antibodies after the first dose of mRNA were moderate but within days after the second dose the antibodies increase dramatically. That dramatic increase is two sided - it increases immunity dramatically but it increases the possibility of side effects dramatically and that is my concern. I want more immunity but i don't want an increase in my autoimmune disease. Hence, my hesitancy to take the second dose. What do you think?
23-08-2021 00:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
repeat
Edited on 23-08-2021 00:32
23-08-2021 01:27
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Anyhow, in my corner of the world, the question of to vaccinate or not to vaccinate continues. After my first mRNA vaccination i had minimal side effects. Nevertheless, i saw Dr. Fauci show some graphs that said that the increase in antibodies after the first dose of mRNA were moderate but within days after the second dose the antibodies increase dramatically. That dramatic increase is two sided - it increases immunity dramatically but it increases the possibility of side effects dramatically and that is my concern. I want more immunity but i don't want an increase in my autoimmune disease. Hence, my hesitancy to take the second dose. What do you think?

I think Fauci is a compulsive, pathological liar... He lied about masks, twice. He lied about the immunity threshold need for herd immunity. He's constantly lied about getting the pandemic under control, getting in front of it, containing it. It was beyond containment, before we even knew it was a problem. China let it spread worldwide, before closing international flights in Wuhan. They knew the problem existed, minimal of two months before.

Vaccines are a personal choice, not a political tool, to force the masses into submission. I personally will continue to refuse. I'm healthy, never a problem with a cold or flu. High likelihood of quick, easy recovery. Been about 18 months, and virus free. Never had to miss a day of work, and little change to my regular routine. Vaccine would add nothing, to what my body already does.

For you, talk to your doctor. He knows your health, and the current problems you face, from covid, or vaccine. The second dose thing isn't a joke, or all that rare. I've had two co-workers who called out after their second dose. One was out 4 days, and still looked rough. He's in his mid 30s, healthy active... Said his first dose was no big deal, just a little sore for a couple days.

The immunity falls kind of quick. 6-8 months, and a booster is being recommended already. There is an antibodies test your doctor can do for you, see where yo stand. Maybe one dose is good enough for now, get a second dose in a few months. Might be worth waiting, Pfizer is likely to get full approval tomorrow, and they should announce a better version, that includes an influenza vaccine. The mRNA version of the influenza vaccine, should be good for all strains, not just the 3-4 randomly picked by a computer model.
23-08-2021 12:40
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

What's to explain? A different virus is a different virus. A different virus of the covid/SARS series is already a variant. It would not be a variant of covid19.

The Parrot Killer

23-08-2021 18:14
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Don't worry... IBD, ITN, and I are doing our best to meet such delusions head on, identifying, mocking, and destroying them.

keepit wrote:
Anyhow, in my corner of the world, the question of to vaccinate or not to vaccinate continues. After my first mRNA vaccination i had minimal side effects.

Glad to hear it. Some other people are not so lucky.

keepit wrote:
Nevertheless, i saw Dr. Fauci show some graphs that said that the increase in antibodies after the first dose of mRNA were moderate but within days after the second dose the antibodies increase dramatically.

People still tune in to what Fauci is saying?? Huh... I wonder if Fauci knows that an immune system is much more than just antibodies. Probably not.

keepit wrote:
That dramatic increase is two sided - it increases immunity dramatically but it increases the possibility of side effects dramatically and that is my concern. I want more immunity but i don't want an increase in my autoimmune disease. Hence, my hesitancy to take the second dose. What do you think?

I think that you should make an informed decision as you see fit, given whatever your health situation happens to be. If you wish to acquire more information to assist with your informed decision, I will gladly assist wherever I can.

I'll just inform you of what's coming down the road though (I think you reside somewhere in the former USA?) ... Anyway, keep in mind that if you decide to only take the one dose, then the tyrants who are in positions of governmental power will definitely not consider you to be "fully vaccinated" (IOW, you will be considered a "leper" along with the rest of us who haven't gotten any jabs, to date).

If you do decide to take the second dose, keep in mind that if you later refuse to take the upcoming "booster shot", then it's a definite possibility that the governmental tyrants might rescind your "fully vaccinated" status, and you'll likewise be cast into the "leper colony" along with the rest of us who haven't gotten any jabs, to date.

As for treating your immune system kindly, some important things you can do include:
-- eating a healthy diet (don't be a vegan... meat is good for you)
-- being active (exercise, walk, hike, bike, don't sit on your fat ass)
-- getting a healthy amount of sunlight exposure
-- reducing stress (don't overwork yourself (physically AND mentally)... take breaks if necessary, maybe do yoga, maybe do breathing exercises, maybe find a hobby that you enjoy and spend some free time doing it, maybe pray to God for comfort and guidance... do whatever works for you)

Some people also supplement their C, D3, and Zinc levels if those levels happen to be deficient.

Additionally, your government is purposely suppressing useful information from you, siding with Big Pharma and wishing to make you their "customer for life", but hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin are two cheap, safe, and effective treatment options for COVID-19 (despite the lies and fear mongering that the FDA spews). Numerous countries have already successfully made use of such options to treat COVID-19, most notably India.

In the end, I suggest that you make your own informed healthcare decisions as you see fit given your own unique health situation.

23-08-2021 21:23
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

What's to explain? A different virus is a different virus. A different virus of the covid/SARS series is already a variant. It would not be a variant of covid19.

Don't viruses mutate?

23-08-2021 22:49
(14414)
Spongy Iris wrote:Don't viruses mutate?

Mutation occurs every time offspring are produced ... in every species.

A "variant" is just a different species and a variant of a COVID-19 variant is just a species different from a species different from COVID-19 and cannot be referred to as COVID-19 or as some "other instance" of COVID-19.

Of course, I used the word "species" which will undoubtedly get me into trouble with those who don't appreciate wording that implies one species evolves into another species. So let me think about how to best describe this without using that particular word. I'm open to suggestions.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-08-2021 22:51
(3314)
I'm going to share with everyone on this board the absolutely painful email that I just received...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 23, 2021

Gov. Evers Launches $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Reward Program to Encourage Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated
Wisconsinites will receive $100 by getting vaccinated now through September 6
OSHKOSH — Gov. Tony Evers today with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) announced Wisconsin residents who receive their first dose of any COVID-19 vaccine from a Wisconsin provider between August 20 and September 6 can collect a $100 Visa gift card. Wisconsinites ages 12 and older are eligible for the reward, and proof of insurance, I.D., or citizenship are not required to be eligible for the vaccine or to receive the $100 reward.

"As our kids start returning back to school, and with the Delta variant spreading rapidly across the state, we all need to step up and stop the spread, and our COVID-19 vaccines are the best tools we have to do just that," said Gov. Evers. "From now through Labor Day, if you're a Wisconsin resident and you get your first COVID-19 shot here in the state, you will get $100 bucks. It's that simple: get vaccinated, get $100. I'm calling on all eligible Wisconsinites who have not gotten their COVID-19 vaccine yet to step up, roll up their sleeve, and do their part to help protect our state and put an end to COVID-19."

In order to receive the $100 Visa gift card, Wisconsin residents will need to fill out the form available at 100.wisconsin.gov. Information submitted will be used to verify that individuals received their first vaccine dose from a vaccine provider located in Wisconsin between August 20 and September 6. Visa cards will be mailed to the individual's Wisconsin address and may take up to six weeks to be mailed to participants.

For more information on the reward program, visit the DHS $100 reward page or call 844-684-1064. Language assistance is available. To find a COVID-19 vaccine location in your community, visit Vaccines.gov or call 2-1-1 or 877-947-2211.

"COVID-19 is continuing to spread and mutate into highly transmissible variants like the Delta variant. Fortunately, the science and data are showing us that we can protect ourselves and our loved ones by getting vaccinated," said DHS Secretary-designee Karen Timberlake. "The vaccines are extremely safe. They are highly effective at preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and death. And they are critical to protecting our kids, our healthcare workers, and the most vulnerable people in our state. Let's not give COVID-19 the opportunity to keep mutating: roll up your sleeve, get your vaccine, and claim your $100."

Many Wisconsinites face financial barriers to access the COVID-19 vaccine—factors such as transportation, childcare, or the inability to take time off from work which can make it difficult for many to get vaccinated. The $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Reward Program will provide some additional support to those wanting to get protected against COVID-19. In addition to this reward, Wisconsinites can call 2-1-1 to get assistance finding transportation. There are also some services being offered by national companies listed on the COVID-19 Vaccine Incentives webpage. For those who have been financially impacted by the pandemic, visit the COVID-19 Response Resources webpage for a list of available support services.

The $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Reward Program is part of the ongoing effort to stop the spread of the highly transmissible Delta variant by encouraging Wisconsinites to get vaccinated. Wisconsin continues to experience an increase of COVID-19 cases, driven by the Delta variant. The Delta variant is much more contagious than the original strain of COVID-19. With the original strain of COVID-19, an infected person was likely to infect two other people who are likely to infect two additional people for a total of six cases from one infection. With the Delta variant, an infected person is likely to infect five people which can lead to an approximate total of 30 cases from just one infection.

While vaccination is the most important layer of protection against COVID-19, with the high-level of disease transmission in Wisconsin, DHS is urging everyone to add more layers of protection including masking up indoors and staying home when feeling sick.

To stay up-to-date on COVID-19 and to learn more about how to stay protected, subscribe to the DHS COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter.

What a crock of ****ing shit... I hope we can get this illegally installed POS out of the governor's seat next year...

23-08-2021 23:04
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:

A "variant" is just a different species and a variant of a COVID-19 variant is just a species different from a species different from COVID-19 and cannot be referred to as COVID-19 or as some "other instance" of COVID-19.

Of course, I used the word "species" which will undoubtedly get me into trouble with those who don't appreciate wording that implies one species evolves into another species. So let me think about how to best describe this without using that particular word. I'm open to suggestions.

That is not how the CDC explains it... To quote from their website...

"Viruses constantly change through mutation, and new variants of a virus are expected to occur...

If you think about a virus like a tree growing and branching out; each branch on the tree is slightly different than the others. By comparing the branches, scientists can label them according to the differences. These small differences, or variants, have been studied and identified since the beginning of the pandemic.

As the virus spreads, it has new opportunities to change and may become more difficult to stop. These changes can be monitored by comparing differences in physical traits (such as resistance to treatment) or changes in genetic code (mutations) from one variant to another.

At this point, the original variant that caused the initial COVID-19 cases in January 2020 is no longer circulating as newer variants have increased."

24-08-2021 02:03
(14414)

Spongy Iris wrote:That is not how the CDC explains it...

... and the CDC is to be ignored. They are a government agency bent on installing tyranny. They lie routinely because they hate We the People and wish we would all just die ... or at a minimum, leave the country.

Spongy Iris wrote:To quote from their website...

Always a bad idea. All you will do is propagate disinformation.

"Viruses constantly change through mutation, and new variants of a virus are expected to occur.
Notice the deceptive wording. Not a single virus ever mutates. Why did the CDC write this? The CDC used this erroneous wording intentionally to incite fear and panic of the arrival of dreaded monsters of the virus apocalypse.

Spongy Iris wrote:If you think about a virus like a tree growing and branching out;

I don't. I can't. I learned biology and I can only think of viruses as viruses ... and they evolve as do all other species. Mutation occurs in the lytic/lysogenic process and virus species evolve that way.

Spongy Iris wrote: At this point, the original variant that caused the initial COVID-19 cases in January 2020 is no longer circulating

This is a somewhat stupid thing to write. The original virus can't be its own variant and you have no reason to think the original virus is somehow extinct.

24-08-2021 03:29
(5197)
The offspring, regardless of reproductive process, aren't exact copies of the parent. There are exceptions, were a chunk of the parent breaks off, and develops into another. Variation, insures survival of the species. If all are exactly the same, they are equally vulnerable to the same adverse effects of their surroundings. Variations, will give a few, a slight advantage, but might also make them to more vulnerable to other things. It's not all, or nothing.

The variants of covid, are relatives. Depends on how you wish to package, and market the product. Variants, mutations, are great fear mongering terms. Mutations, are almost always fatal, or detrimental to survival. It's extremely rare, that a mutation, actually benefits the species. A more lethal virus, doesn't get as much chance to spread. Dead/ incapacitated hosts, don't wander around sharing their misery. A deadly virus is taken much more seriously. If covid was the deadly virus being hyped, we would be on lock-down. Those who test positive would be isolated, and buried/burned shortly after. It would be left on the honor system. Almost all the serious cases, are tied to pre-existing conditions. Not everyone is aware they have these issues.

Less-lethal, faster spreading variants are most successful, more common. The deadlier strains can compete as well, with host that have developed antibodies. Our immune response to an unknown is pretty much the same, high fever, sweat, coughing, sneezing, puking. Anything to get the damn thing out of the body. Works well enough for most any infection. If your are fighting a milder variant, the deadlier variant, will also be taken out, by that response. It's not a specific focused fight. It's the same response to most all infections. The antibodies will work, on anything that has the same characteristic key. Your cold antibodies, could potential help fight covid, if its a coronavirus...
24-08-2021 07:41
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Don't viruses mutate?

Only in a host. A covid19 mutating would no longer be covid19.

The Parrot Killer

24-08-2021 07:43
(21599)
gfm7175 wrote:
I'm going to share with everyone on this board the absolutely painful email that I just received...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 23, 2021

Gov. Evers Launches $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Reward Program to Encourage Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated
Wisconsinites will receive $100 by getting vaccinated now through September 6
OSHKOSH — Gov. Tony Evers today with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) announced Wisconsin residents who receive their first dose of any COVID-19 vaccine from a Wisconsin provider between August 20 and September 6 can collect a $100 Visa gift card. Wisconsinites ages 12 and older are eligible for the reward, and proof of insurance, I.D., or citizenship are not required to be eligible for the vaccine or to receive the $100 reward.

"As our kids start returning back to school, and with the Delta variant spreading rapidly across the state, we all need to step up and stop the spread, and our COVID-19 vaccines are the best tools we have to do just that," said Gov. Evers. "From now through Labor Day, if you're a Wisconsin resident and you get your first COVID-19 shot here in the state, you will get $100 bucks. It's that simple: get vaccinated, get $100. I'm calling on all eligible Wisconsinites who have not gotten their COVID-19 vaccine yet to step up, roll up their sleeve, and do their part to help protect our state and put an end to COVID-19."

In order to receive the $100 Visa gift card, Wisconsin residents will need to fill out the form available at 100.wisconsin.gov. Information submitted will be used to verify that individuals received their first vaccine dose from a vaccine provider located in Wisconsin between August 20 and September 6. Visa cards will be mailed to the individual's Wisconsin address and may take up to six weeks to be mailed to participants.

For more information on the reward program, visit the DHS $100 reward page or call 844-684-1064. Language assistance is available. To find a COVID-19 vaccine location in your community, visit Vaccines.gov or call 2-1-1 or 877-947-2211.

"COVID-19 is continuing to spread and mutate into highly transmissible variants like the Delta variant. Fortunately, the science and data are showing us that we can protect ourselves and our loved ones by getting vaccinated," said DHS Secretary-designee Karen Timberlake. "The vaccines are extremely safe. They are highly effective at preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and death. And they are critical to protecting our kids, our healthcare workers, and the most vulnerable people in our state. Let's not give COVID-19 the opportunity to keep mutating: roll up your sleeve, get your vaccine, and claim your $100."

Many Wisconsinites face financial barriers to access the COVID-19 vaccine—factors such as transportation, childcare, or the inability to take time off from work which can make it difficult for many to get vaccinated. The $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Reward Program will provide some additional support to those wanting to get protected against COVID-19. In addition to this reward, Wisconsinites can call 2-1-1 to get assistance finding transportation. There are also some services being offered by national companies listed on the COVID-19 Vaccine Incentives webpage. For those who have been financially impacted by the pandemic, visit the COVID-19 Response Resources webpage for a list of available support services.

The $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Reward Program is part of the ongoing effort to stop the spread of the highly transmissible Delta variant by encouraging Wisconsinites to get vaccinated. Wisconsin continues to experience an increase of COVID-19 cases, driven by the Delta variant. The Delta variant is much more contagious than the original strain of COVID-19. With the original strain of COVID-19, an infected person was likely to infect two other people who are likely to infect two additional people for a total of six cases from one infection. With the Delta variant, an infected person is likely to infect five people which can lead to an approximate total of 30 cases from just one infection.

While vaccination is the most important layer of protection against COVID-19, with the high-level of disease transmission in Wisconsin, DHS is urging everyone to add more layers of protection including masking up indoors and staying home when feeling sick.

To stay up-to-date on COVID-19 and to learn more about how to stay protected, subscribe to the DHS COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter.

What a crock of ****ing shit... I hope we can get this illegally installed POS out of the governor's seat next year...

Several towns are locking down again. **** these mayors and town councils.
I only shop in free Washington. I will not conduct business in a locked down town.

The Parrot Killer

24-08-2021 07:47
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

That is not how the CDC explains it... To quote from their website...

**** the CDC. Down with fascism.
Spongy Iris wrote:
"Viruses constantly change through mutation, and new variants of a virus are expected to occur...

Then it is no longer called covid19.
Spongy Iris wrote:
If you think about a virus like a tree growing and branching out; each branch on the tree is slightly different than the others. By comparing the branches, scientists can label them according to the differences. These small differences, or variants, have been studied and identified since the beginning of the pandemic.

How can they study what didn't exist yet???
Spongy Iris wrote:
As the virus spreads, it has new opportunities to change and may become more difficult to stop. These changes can be monitored by comparing differences in physical traits (such as resistance to treatment) or changes in genetic code (mutations) from one variant to another.

At this point, the original variant that caused the initial COVID-19 cases in January 2020 is no longer circulating as newer variants have increased."

Covid19 is an airborne virus. It hasn't magickally gone away. It is still in the air and on every surface. Deal with it. Masks won't help you.

The Parrot Killer

24-08-2021 07:48
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
The offspring, regardless of reproductive process, aren't exact copies of the parent. There are exceptions, were a chunk of the parent breaks off, and develops into another. Variation, insures survival of the species. If all are exactly the same, they are equally vulnerable to the same adverse effects of their surroundings. Variations, will give a few, a slight advantage, but might also make them to more vulnerable to other things. It's not all, or nothing.

The variants of covid, are relatives. Depends on how you wish to package, and market the product. Variants, mutations, are great fear mongering terms. Mutations, are almost always fatal, or detrimental to survival. It's extremely rare, that a mutation, actually benefits the species. A more lethal virus, doesn't get as much chance to spread. Dead/ incapacitated hosts, don't wander around sharing their misery. A deadly virus is taken much more seriously. If covid was the deadly virus being hyped, we would be on lock-down. Those who test positive would be isolated, and buried/burned shortly after. It would be left on the honor system. Almost all the serious cases, are tied to pre-existing conditions. Not everyone is aware they have these issues.

Less-lethal, faster spreading variants are most successful, more common. The deadlier strains can compete as well, with host that have developed antibodies. Our immune response to an unknown is pretty much the same, high fever, sweat, coughing, sneezing, puking. Anything to get the damn thing out of the body. Works well enough for most any infection. If your are fighting a milder variant, the deadlier variant, will also be taken out, by that response. It's not a specific focused fight. It's the same response to most all infections. The antibodies will work, on anything that has the same characteristic key. Your cold antibodies, could potential help fight covid, if its a coronavirus...

There is no such thing as a variant of covid19. You can't have a variant of a variant.

The Parrot Killer

24-08-2021 08:28
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
I only shop in free Washington. I will not conduct business in a locked down town.

Good call.

On Sunday, I did some shopping in free Wisconsin. Besides a couple of people putting themselves inside fear prisons of their own making, everyone else acted like free individuals. I also went to a tractor pull the day before that (again, in free Wisconsin) and nobody bothered with putting themselves inside of a fear prison. In locked down Wisconsin, most everyone has the damn tyranny towel back on... It seems that a fair number of people here realize the stupidity of it, but they keep doing it anyway. It's annoying.
24-08-2021 23:43
(21599)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Good call.

On Sunday, I did some shopping in free Wisconsin. Besides a couple of people putting themselves inside fear prisons of their own making, everyone else acted like free individuals. I also went to a tractor pull the day before that (again, in free Wisconsin) and nobody bothered with putting themselves inside of a fear prison. In locked down Wisconsin, most everyone has the damn tyranny towel back on... It seems that a fair number of people here realize the stupidity of it, but they keep doing it anyway. It's annoying.

It's stupid twice over.

Not only do they believe at some level that masks actually work against a virus, but they are stupid to follow government edict with little or no question. They'll even close their business again if the government tells them to.

The Parrot Killer

25-08-2021 00:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
If this is right, Israel just had 9,800 new cases of covid 19 in one day while their country is 80% inoculated over the age of 12. Who knows, the delta variant might require its own vaccine. It's time to buy stock in certain companies as this is a windfall for Big Pharma.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ultra-vaxxed-israel-debacle-dire-073840050.html
25-08-2021 01:55
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Don't viruses mutate?

And when it mutates in a host, can it then jump to a new host?

25-08-2021 02:13
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Mutation occurs in the lytic/lysogenic process and virus species evolve that way.

Do you think it would be an accurate interpretation of the CDC's definition of variant, to say, any virus which is reproduced (or replicated) from another virus is a variant?

25-08-2021 04:10
(5197)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Don't viruses mutate?

Mutations are almost always fatal flaws, and never survive to reproduce. The CDC is fear mongering, to encourage vaccination. Viruses mutate easily, but almost all of the mutations never leave the host. Those that that do, are very subtle, inconsequential differences. There is always some chance of a super-bug. But, there is a better chance of getting struck by lightning, or winning the lottery. Happens, but not very often. Aside from surviving mutations, the need to spread to a new host. Our immune system is at work, limited time. And most people try to avoid sharing.

Covid-19 is the name give the virus that crossed over from animal to human. Each variant the spread, is given it's own name, but is still related to covid-19. Some here want to play the semantics game. It's just keeping a family tree for the virus. The variants aren't really much different, but useful for fear mongering. 'spreads' 70% faster"... How in the hell can they determine the rate? They use percentages to blur the reality, since they never give the actual number of cases. The spread, really isn't a function of the virus, but the sloppy behavior of the humans...
25-08-2021 06:34
(14414)

Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Mutation occurs in the lytic/lysogenic process and virus species evolve that way.

Do you think it would be an accurate interpretation of the CDC's definition of variant, to say, any virus which is reproduced (or replicated) from another virus is a variant?

No, I do not, only because the CDC has not unambiguously defined "variant" but otherwise yes, the CDC is implying that children are "variants," e.g. you are a variant of your parents.

Your specification of a virus B that comes from another virus A is accurately called the child and virus A, the parent. In biology the parents of a species have children of the same species. The question that biologists, and by extension virologists, are supposed to be answering is when a population has evolved into a new/different species.

The CDC hurls the word "variant" around liberally in their attempt to maximize panic and confusion. Since there is no such unambiguously defined term "variant" in biology, the CDC can, and will, hide behind it knowing that no one can prove them "wrong" and that no one can pin them down on any specific semantics.

So we get to the big lie. Parents (in all species) have children ... and one can observe differences between parents and children. Yes, the children can be forthwith distinguished from the parents. The CDC takes license to refer to the virus children they can differentiate from the parents as "variants" despite being of the same species. Yet the CDC will not formally define "variant" so that they don't have to field any uncomfortable questions.

Viruses reproduce. Mutation occurs, at the genetic level, whenever offspring are created. The CDC is spinning this to appear as though we are suddenly being invaded by monsters of the virus apocalypse. Nobody, however, is demanding the CDC define their terms in accordance with standard biology axioms.

... so now we are living in the CDC's interactive horror movie. What part did you get?

--------

Oh, a while back Harvey made the comment that most mutations are harmful/detrimental. This is actually not the case. The vast bulk of mutations aren't even noticeable. When a new life begins ("conception" in Christian lingo) every gene is a product of the parental DNA plus some random "interpretation" that results in new, unique DNA for the offspring. The changes brought about by the "interpretation" is mutation. We're not talking about birth defects. We are talking about the resulting new life which will be only minimally different from the parent(s) in appearance but will be burgeoning with mutations. The child.
The offspring. Many mutations. Same species.

... but the CDC can now refer to children as variants.

25-08-2021 08:32
(21599)
James___ wrote:
If this is right, Israel just had 9,800 new cases of covid 19 in one day while their country is 80% inoculated over the age of 12. Who knows, the delta variant might require its own vaccine. It's time to buy stock in certain companies as this is a windfall for Big Pharma.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ultra-vaxxed-israel-debacle-dire-073840050.html

Random numbers aren't data, dude.

The Parrot Killer

25-08-2021 08:35
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Don't viruses mutate?

No. Mutations are usually not even able to form the packet necessary to cross into a new host.

The Parrot Killer

25-08-2021 08:36
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

No.

The Parrot Killer

25-08-2021 08:37
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Don't viruses mutate?

Mutations are almost always fatal flaws, and never survive to reproduce. The CDC is fear mongering, to encourage vaccination. Viruses mutate easily, but almost all of the mutations never leave the host. Those that that do, are very subtle, inconsequential differences. There is always some chance of a super-bug. But, there is a better chance of getting struck by lightning, or winning the lottery. Happens, but not very often. Aside from surviving mutations, the need to spread to a new host. Our immune system is at work, limited time. And most people try to avoid sharing.

Covid-19 is the name give the virus that crossed over from animal to human. Each variant the spread, is given it's own name, but is still related to covid-19. Some here want to play the semantics game. It's just keeping a family tree for the virus. The variants aren't really much different, but useful for fear mongering. 'spreads' 70% faster"... How in the hell can they determine the rate? They use percentages to blur the reality, since they never give the actual number of cases. The spread, really isn't a function of the virus, but the sloppy behavior of the humans...

It's just more random numbers being used as data and semantics fallacies.
The ole' CDC fear mongering.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 25-08-2021 08:38
25-08-2021 16:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:

And from West Palm Beach, Florida we have this story from their newspaper. And if you don't like people who live in Florida, then this is good news. They're dying faster than everyone else. Florida is #22 in vaccination rates.
It's the delta variant making itself known. And maybe Floridians are in closer contact because of it's pleasant weather and sunny beaches and this is helping the delta variant to spread?

Florida once again broke a coronavirus death toll record as its case count soared past 3 million Friday. The state logged 150,740 new COVID-19 cases and 1,486 deaths among residents over the past week, more than it ever has.

That's more than any other state, data reported Friday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/2021/08/20/covid-florida-shattering-new-records-deaths/8214404002/

Edited on 25-08-2021 16:46
Page 5 of 11<<<34567>>>

Join the debate covid vaccine:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Actor Jamie Foxx is now blind and paralyzed due to the covid vaccine that he was forced to take1011-02-2024 01:28
BREAKING NEWS Vaccinated Jill Xiden gets covid for second time005-09-2023 05:37
Bodybuilder Gustavo Badel dead of covid vaccine stroke. Ans the real carnage begins3017-07-2023 15:41
Jamie Foxx seen sitting on a boat, because he cannot stand since his covid 19 vaccination2815-07-2023 20:46
Jamie Foxx blind and paralyzed due to covid vaccine for Netflix3912-07-2023 20:11
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact