upper atmosphere temp

Page 3 of 6<12345>>>
21-09-2023 22:40
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:I was asking how they know galaxies are getting further away. Is it because they are appearing dimmer and dimmer when viewed through a telescope over time?
Google red shift
It means the light is getting dimmer. So your answer to my question is yes.

No. The answer to your question is not "Yes" but is actually rather complicated because it is laden with assumptions that not everybody shares.

Before you address the topic of "how do we know that galaxies are getting further away," you need to check your own religious views and be careful not to let people like Swan, or me, or anyone feed you conclusions under the pretense that they are somehow "observations." You must remember that all of humanity is stuck on planet earth and we simply can't see any more than a negligible portion of a mere flake of a tiny speck of an inconsequential amount of the universe. To say that our observations are "limited" is an understatement.

What we can observe is that there are countless galaxies, each seemingly filled with countless stars. Again, we might be overwhelmed at the countlessness of the celestial bodies we observe, but it would be stupid to presume that what we see is anything more than an insignificant portion of the universe, leaving us to extrapolate the rest.

Focusing on what we can observe, all of it is moving away from everything else in the following way: Grab an uninflated balloon and a Sharpie. Place a handful of dots on the balloon (as "randomly" as you can) and then inflate the balloon. As the balloon is inflating, notice what is happening to the dots. Every dot gets further and further away from every other dot.

Additionally, for indisputable confirmation, any observer can check the "red shift" as Swan suggested above. Your first step should be to perform some quick research into "Doppler effect" and understand the basic principle as it affects sound waves. Once you feel that you have a firm grasp on Doppler effect, research "red shift" and "blue shift." The effects on sound waves apply to all waves, including light waves. Red shift confirms that something is moving away from the observer. If you were to get the right observation equipment, you would be able to see that every single galaxy that we can observe is moving away from us. Not a single one of the countless galaxies is moving towards us.

You will find many people who will tell you that "The expansion is accelerating" and "the acceleration is worse than previously feared" which of course requires/calls for "explanations" which cause every wacko and his brother to invent wild theories of science fiction such as "dark matter." I would warn you that human egos normally take over and presume that the insignificant set of our observations is nonetheless the entirety of the universe, so you will be told, as a matter of fact, that the entire universe has been observed to be expanding at an accelerating rate ... and that crosses the line into being booolsch't, i.e. nothing more than bogus conclusions being pawned off as observations. All anyone can legitimately say is that whatever humans can observe is moving away, just as if everything is on an inflating balloon ... and no, it's not "accelerating."

At this point, I would recommend you get Into the Night's view. His views on the universe differ from mine, but neither of us appreciate the pretenders of the world passing their own personal cosmic religions off as "observations."

If you like to read, I recommend Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" as a good explanation of astrophysics concepts that would greatly benefit your understanding.

Have the actual positions of galaxy shapes observed by a telescope been shown to be moving farther apart?

Or is the conclusion that they are getting farther away just due to the observed decrease in brightness over time?

Edited on 21-09-2023 22:51
21-09-2023 23:04
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Spongy Iris wrote:

Have the actual positions of galaxy shapes observed by a telescope been shown to be moving farther apart?

Or is the conclusion that they are getting farther away just due to the observed decrease in brightness over time?

Hubble based his opinion on the red shift of light coming from galaxies. And yet it is known that galaxies collide with each other. Why Hubble's opinion was accepted because it supports the Big Bang theory. Galaxies colliding suggests otherwise because galaxies should be moving away from each other.
21-09-2023 23:34
(1643)
James_ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Hubble based his opinion on the red shift of light coming from galaxies. And yet it is known that galaxies collide with each other. Why Hubble's opinion was accepted because it supports the Big Bang theory. Galaxies colliding suggests otherwise because galaxies should be moving away from each other.

Galaxies collide with each other? How is this known?

21-09-2023 23:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
James,
As you know some galaxies are moving toward each other despite dark energy.
This is because the momentum of those galaxies toward each other is more than dark energy's influence.
22-09-2023 02:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14450)
Spongy Iris wrote:Have the actual positions of galaxy shapes observed by a telescope been shown to be moving farther apart?

OK, I noticed your inclusion of the word "shapes," i.e. galaxy shapes.

Am I wasting my time trying to help you understand this?

The red shift is the primary indicator of movement. Using vision to notice movement is akin to watching a tree grow. Did you spend a few minutes boning up on Doppler effect?

Spongy Iris wrote: Or is the conclusion that they are getting farther away just due to the observed decrease in brightness over time?

When did I ever discuss "brightness"?

Read a little on "red shift" and "blue shift" ... but after you read about Doppler effect.
22-09-2023 02:11
(14450)
keepit wrote:... some galaxies are moving toward each other despite dark energy.

Never let it be said that your dishonesty isn't intentional.

Why do you believe in "dark energy"?
22-09-2023 02:22
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Have the actual positions of galaxy shapes observed by a telescope been shown to be moving farther apart?

OK, I noticed your inclusion of the word "shapes," i.e. galaxy shapes.

Am I wasting my time trying to help you understand this?

The red shift is the primary indicator of movement. Using vision to notice movement is akin to watching a tree grow. Did you spend a few minutes boning up on Doppler effect?

Spongy Iris wrote: Or is the conclusion that they are getting farther away just due to the observed decrease in brightness over time?

When did I ever discuss "brightness"?

Read a little on "red shift" and "blue shift" ... but after you read about Doppler effect.

Is the red shift (lengthening of light waves, galaxy shapes appearing dimmer) the only reason that theoretical physicists have concluded the universe is expanding?

22-09-2023 02:52
(14450)
Spongy Iris wrote:Is the red shift (lengthening of light waves, galaxy shapes appearing dimmer)

Red shift doesn't affect light intensity. It affects the color. Whatever color the light would normally be, because of the movement away, the light waves are lengthened and thus the frequency is reduced. This has the effect of "shifting" the color towards red. The greater the velocity, the greater the shift towards red; this is how one can tell the relative velocity that a body is moving away from earth.

So, when you are moving, shift happens.

The amplitude, however, does not change; therefore brightness does not change.
22-09-2023 16:58
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Nevertheless, stars are made of gas and this gas did manage to clump together.
The planets started out as gas and dust and also managed to clump together.

If you have a valid interpretation of solar and planetary formation, go ahead and present it to the Nobel prize committee, and don't forget to compensate me for encouraging you to receive the prize money.

Gases do not self compress. This is a violation of thermodynamics. The mainstream theory about star formation is bunkum.

The sun has a clear visible boundarie. It is not gaseous.
22-09-2023 17:39
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
keepit wrote:
James,
As you know some galaxies are moving toward each other despite dark energy.
This is because the momentum of those galaxies toward each other is more than dark energy's influence.

They actually prove dark energy/matter. If space were empty then the gravity
they create couldn't attract them to each other. Scientists made a serious mistake in not accepting that dark matter is what propagates light from a distant star past the Sun (Einstein's 1915 paper on relativity) to the Earth.
I plan on correcting mistakes that Newton and Einstein made. Newton's
g = Gm1m1/r^2 is factored wrong. It should be g = Gm1/r1^2 = 2a = Gm2/r2^2
If the Moon and the Earth are considered then Einstein's gravity well is about 30,000 km from the center of the Moon.The mistake Einstein made was saying there is a gravity well around a celestial mass when it it the point in space where 2 gravitational effects have the same value.
Then from the gravity well between the Earth and Moon, what at that point in space can act equally on the Earth and Moon relative to their mass and distance from that point?
Dark matter makes up over 80% of all matter in the universe, but scientists have never seen it.

We only assume it exists because, without it, the behavior of stars, planets and galaxies simply wouldn't make sense.
https://www.space.com/20930-dark-matter.html

Edited on 22-09-2023 17:40
22-09-2023 18:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
If stars, which are composed of mostly gas, didn't compress as a result of gravity, what force did compress them into plasma?
22-09-2023 18:16
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
If stars, which are composed of mostly gas, didn't compress as a result of gravity, what force did compress them into plasma?

Gases do not self-compress. You need a cylinder and piston to compress a gas. Gases always expand to fill a void.

Start here:
https://principia-scientific.com/the-new-sun-phase-shift-of-the-century/

n particular Dr. Robitaille has shown that the so-called cosmic microwave background is a delusion and so too the standard gaseous model of the Sun and stars. It is the Sun which now ushers in a paradigm shift of immense importance to science.

Dr. Robitaille has shown that all the observational evidence reveals that the Sun is not gaseous plasma but is composed of condensed matter.

The solar thermal spectrum, for instance, has a Planckian distribution over frequencies. Only condensed matter can produce such spectra because the latter requires a vibrational lattice to produce it.

Gases do not possess a vibrational lattice so it is impossible for gases to produce a thermal spectrum; which is precisely why gases have never been observed to emit thermal spectra in the laboratory.

That the Sun and stars are condensed matter nullifies the gaseous theory of the Sun and stars to which the astronomers and astrophysics are so enamoured. The consequences are cataclysmic for the astronomers, astrophysicists and cosmologists.

Dr. Robitaille has advanced that the Sun is composed of liquid metallic hydrogen. This model is consistent with all the observational evidence whereas the gaseous model is not.

22-09-2023 19:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Xado,
Never heard of Dr. Robitaille. Your post seems to skip the step from gas to plasma. Not trying to make a case for a gaseous sun. I'm far from having any level of expertise about the sun though. Could you explain yourself and Dr. R not in the context of gas? Thanx.
Edited on 22-09-2023 19:09
22-09-2023 19:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Xado,
Never heard of Dr. Robitaille. Your post seems to skip the step from gas to plasma. Not trying to make a case for a gaseous sun. I'm far from having any level of expertise about the sun though. Could you explain yourself and Dr. R not in the context of gas? Thanx.
Edited on 22-09-2023 19:08
22-09-2023 19:39
(14450)
keepit wrote: I'm far from having any level of expertise about the sun though.

That has never stopped you from pretending to be an expert and a science genius and a totally dishonest schytt.

keepit wrote: Could you explain yourself and Dr. R not in the context of gas? Thanx.

Could you explain why you believe in dark matter and dark energy when you have absolutely no reason to?

You're full of schytt, keepit.
22-09-2023 19:45
(14450)
Xadoman wrote: Gases do not self compress.

Of course gases don't self-compress, but gravity compresses them extremely effectively. Have you ever heard of "atmospheric pressure"?

Xadoman wrote:The sun has a clear visible boundarie. It is not gaseous.

The sun has no boundary, which is why we properly refer to the solar system as the heliosphere.
22-09-2023 20:02
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
ibd,
You have to improve your manners and also apologize.
22-09-2023 20:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21628)
Xadoman wrote:
Nevertheless, stars are made of gas and this gas did manage to clump together.
The planets started out as gas and dust and also managed to clump together.

If you have a valid interpretation of solar and planetary formation, go ahead and present it to the Nobel prize committee, and don't forget to compensate me for encouraging you to receive the prize money.

Gases do not self compress. This is a violation of thermodynamics. The mainstream theory about star formation is bunkum.

The sun has a clear visible boundarie. It is not gaseous.

Gases 'self compress' due to gravity.
The Sun has no clear boundary.

All stars, moons, and planets are formed by gravity. Even the rings of Saturn, Jupiter, and Neptune were formed by gravity.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 22-09-2023 20:26
22-09-2023 20:21
(21628)
Xadoman wrote:

Gases do not self-compress. You need a cylinder and piston to compress a gas. Gases always expand to fill a void.

Start here:
https://principia-scientific.com/the-new-sun-phase-shift-of-the-century/

n particular Dr. Robitaille has shown that the so-called cosmic microwave background is a delusion and so too the standard gaseous model of the Sun and stars. It is the Sun which now ushers in a paradigm shift of immense importance to science.

Dr. Robitaille has shown that all the observational evidence reveals that the Sun is not gaseous plasma but is composed of condensed matter.

The solar thermal spectrum, for instance, has a Planckian distribution over frequencies. Only condensed matter can produce such spectra because the latter requires a vibrational lattice to produce it.

Gases do not possess a vibrational lattice so it is impossible for gases to produce a thermal spectrum; which is precisely why gases have never been observed to emit thermal spectra in the laboratory.

That the Sun and stars are condensed matter nullifies the gaseous theory of the Sun and stars to which the astronomers and astrophysics are so enamoured. The consequences are cataclysmic for the astronomers, astrophysicists and cosmologists.

Dr. Robitaille has advanced that the Sun is composed of liquid metallic hydrogen. This model is consistent with all the observational evidence whereas the gaseous model is not.

Gases 'self compress' due to gravity. Every bit of gas attracts every other bit of gas.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 22-09-2023 20:23
22-09-2023 20:22
(21628)
keepit wrote:
ibd,

He doesn't have to apologize for anything.

The Parrot Killer

22-09-2023 20:31
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
ibd,

He doesn't have to apologize for anything.

You are correct as stupid people are not responsible for their stupidity and do not have to apologize for their lack of intellect

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
23-09-2023 02:27
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/202129034013770/posts/1332755617617767/?comment_id=1332760214283974&reply_comment_id=1332847090941953
23-09-2023 05:30
(14450)
keepit wrote: ibd, You have to improve your manners and also apologize.

You're full of baloney, keepit. Just lots of semantics.

23-09-2023 13:58
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: ibd, You have to improve your manners and also apologize.

You're full of baloney, keepit. Just lots of semantics.

I like your selfie

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

23-09-2023 15:29
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:

keepit wrote: Could you explain yourself and Dr. R not in the context of gas? Thanx.

Could you explain why you believe in dark matter and dark energy when you have absolutely no reason to?

We only assume it exists because, without it, the behavior of stars, planets and galaxies simply wouldn't make sense.

A simpler explanation allows for the intrinsic brightness of stars to be considered using the inverse square law. When a parallax view allows its distance from the Earth to be known then something about the star's mass and gravity can be known.
If dark matter didn't fill the universe then light from distant sources would not have a determined path it followed to the Earth. Aren't you out of 6th grade yet IBDM? I'm asking for a friend.
23-09-2023 19:39
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

A simpler explanation allows for the intrinsic brightness of stars to be considered using the inverse square law. When a parallax view allows its distance from the Earth to be known then something about the star's mass and gravity can be known.
If dark matter didn't fill the universe then light from distant sources would not have a determined path it followed to the Earth. Aren't you out of 6th grade yet IBDM? I'm asking for a friend.

Ifm yu um sey um su. umm

ULTRA MAGA

24-09-2023 06:59
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Ifm yu um sey um su. umm

How old is the universe? How matter is dispersed. This is kind of easy.
It's proportional to the expansion of the universe. Dark matter allows for
the distributive function of matter.
Edited on 24-09-2023 07:00
24-09-2023 14:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Ifm yu um sey um su. umm

The answers are easy for you because you are not really thinking and just repeating your programming, like a proper subservient commie schoolchild who knows that the only real God is Kim Jong Un who was not born but descended from Heaven.

LOL if the age of the universe is proportional to the expansion, then what time would it be if you could pass the furthest expanded point, and how old would this area be as the universe has not yet reached it as of yet?

The theory that you live your life by declaring that before the big bang that all of the universe's mass was confined to a single infinite dense point. Ah, no one ever mentions the size of this point or how it got there or how much energy was required to launch the big bang, nor how planet Earth could be compressed into an area the area of a Hydrogen atom divided by a trillion to the trillionth power.

So if you actually think, then reality becomes gibberish and the newest radical theory that the universe is a simulation becomes sane. Cooler yet the simulation theoretical physicist needs to invoke a simulation writer that already has a name in popular no PhD required subculture, that they cannot utter from their lips, yet is required by science, and his name is God.

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 24-09-2023 15:05
24-09-2023 22:18
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Ifm yu um sey um su. umm

Nonsense. Clocks and calendars were only invented a few thousand years ago. Only one book you need to read, and clearly states that The Big Guy in the Sky, created heaven and earth, bunch of other cool stuff. Norway was never mentioned, probably a mistake...
24-09-2023 22:45
(14450)
HarveyH55 wrote: Only one book you need to read, and clearly states that The Big Guy in the Sky, created heaven and earth, bunch of other cool stuff.

Absolutely correct. I prefer the NJV (Norwegian James Version).

Daniel 7:2
Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the Norwegian Jet Stream issued forth from heaven and soared over the great sea.

Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the Norwegian Jet Stream, and there was a great calm.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Matthew 7:27
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and this time the Norwegian Jet Stream blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Zechariah 2:6
Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the Norwegian Jet Stream of the heaven, saith the LORD.

24-09-2023 22:56
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Ifm yu um sey um su. umm

Nonsense. Clocks and calendars were only invented a few thousand years ago. Only one book you need to read, and clearly states that The Big Guy in the Sky, created heaven and earth, bunch of other cool stuff. Norway was never mentioned, probably a mistake...

British archaeology experts have discovered what they believe to be the world's oldest 'calendar', created by hunter-gatherer societies and dating back to around 8,000 BC.

The Mesolithic monument was originally excavated in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, by the National Trust for Scotland in 2004. Now analysis by a team led by the University of Birmingham, published today (July 15, 2013) in the journal Internet Archaeology, sheds remarkable new light on the luni-solar device, which pre-dates the first formal time-measuring devices known to Man, found in the Near East, by nearly 5,000 years.

The capacity to measure time is among the most important of human achievements and the issue of when time was 'created' by humankind is critical in understanding how society has developed.

Until now the first formal calendars appear to have been created in Mesopotamia c, 5000 years ago. But during this project, the researchers discovered that a monument created by hunter gatherers in Aberdeenshire nearly 10,000 years ago appears to mimic the phases of the Moon in order to track lunar months over the course of a year.

The site, at Warren Field, Crathes, also aligns on the Midwinter Sunrise, providing an annual astronomic correction in order to maintain the link between the passage of time, indicated by the Moon, the asynchronous solar year and the associated seasons.

ULTRA MAGA

25-09-2023 00:23
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Never heard of Dr. Robitaille

From 1995-2000, Dr. Robitaille led the design and assembly of the world's first Ultra High Field human MRI scanner. This scanner operates at a magnetic field of 8 Tesla (160,000 times the earth's field at sea level). The 8 Tesla MRI doubled the previous record for magnetic field strength in MRI. Dr. Robitaille has published an editorial work on UHFMRI (Pierre-Marie Robitaille and Lawrence J. Berliner, eds, Biological Magnetic Resonance vol. 26: Ultra High Field Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Springer, New York, 2006). This work features a preface by Paul Lauterbur (Nobel Prize 2003, Medicine). It was as a result of the findings in UHFMRI (a lower than expected RF power requirement) that Dr. Robitaille became involved in Kirchhoff's Law, Universality, and other aspects of thermal physics.
25-09-2023 01:51
(14450)
Swan wrote:British archaeology experts have discovered what they believe to be the world's oldest 'calendar', created by hunter-gatherer societies and dating back to around 8,000 BC.

Did the article explain why they believe this, or are we supposed to summarily dismiss this article?

Swan wrote:The Mesolithic monument was originally excavated in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, by the National Trust for Scotland in 2004. Now analysis by a team led by the University of Birmingham, published today (July 15, 2013) in the journal Internet Archaeology, sheds remarkable new light on the luni-solar device,

Did the article explain why any rational adult should accept this "new light" or are we supposed to summarily dismiss this article?

Swan wrote: ... which pre-dates the first formal time-measuring devices known to Man, found in the Near East, by nearly 5,000 years.

Does the article present a convincing explanation as to why a rational adult should believe this "dating" or are we supposed to summarily dismiss this article?

Swan wrote: The capacity to measure time is among the most important of human achievements

Did the creators of this supposed "calendar" stamp the creation date onto it, or were they not actually concerned with measuring time? Maybe it isn't a calendar. Did the article explain why any rational adult should even believe this thing is a calendar?

Swan wrote: and the issue of when time was 'created' by humankind is critical in understanding how society has developed.

Is the article implying, since we don't know when time was 'created' by humankind, that we don't know anything about any societies that developed? After all, it's critical to that understanding, right? Yet somehow we nonetheless know that this is a calendar, as well as everything about the society that created it, including when, exactly, in the unobserved distant past, yes?

Swan wrote: Until now the first formal calendars appear to have been created in Mesopotamia c, 5000 years ago.

... but all that changed when a broke researcher lost his last penny in the FTX Exchange scam and was about to lose his house, when suddenly he had the bright idea of just "making an amazing discovery" which would probably end up covering his remaining mortgage and car payments.

Swan wrote: But during this project, the researchers discovered that a monument created by hunter gatherers in Aberdeenshire nearly 10,000 years ago appears to mimic the phases of the Moon in order to track lunar months over the course of a year.

For the record, I'm calling boooolsch't because Swan, you apparently never have the wherewithal to do so. Never. You will believe whatever anyone tells you to believe about the unobserved distant past, as long as they make sure you have no way to verify any of the narrative.

Swan, this is not a calendar.

You may resume wanking over your eggplants, but only after you take your Abilify.
Attached image:

25-09-2023 13:59
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:British archaeology experts have discovered what they believe to be the world's oldest 'calendar', created by hunter-gatherer societies and dating back to around 8,000 BC.

Did the article explain why they believe this, or are we supposed to summarily dismiss this article?

Swan wrote:The Mesolithic monument was originally excavated in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, by the National Trust for Scotland in 2004. Now analysis by a team led by the University of Birmingham, published today (July 15, 2013) in the journal Internet Archaeology, sheds remarkable new light on the luni-solar device,

Did the article explain why any rational adult should accept this "new light" or are we supposed to summarily dismiss this article?

Swan wrote: ... which pre-dates the first formal time-measuring devices known to Man, found in the Near East, by nearly 5,000 years.

Does the article present a convincing explanation as to why a rational adult should believe this "dating" or are we supposed to summarily dismiss this article?

Swan wrote: The capacity to measure time is among the most important of human achievements

Did the creators of this supposed "calendar" stamp the creation date onto it, or were they not actually concerned with measuring time? Maybe it isn't a calendar. Did the article explain why any rational adult should even believe this thing is a calendar?

Swan wrote: and the issue of when time was 'created' by humankind is critical in understanding how society has developed.

Is the article implying, since we don't know when time was 'created' by humankind, that we don't know anything about any societies that developed? After all, it's critical to that understanding, right? Yet somehow we nonetheless know that this is a calendar, as well as everything about the society that created it, including when, exactly, in the unobserved distant past, yes?

Swan wrote: Until now the first formal calendars appear to have been created in Mesopotamia c, 5000 years ago.

... but all that changed when a broke researcher lost his last penny in the FTX Exchange scam and was about to lose his house, when suddenly he had the bright idea of just "making an amazing discovery" which would probably end up covering his remaining mortgage and car payments.

Swan wrote: But during this project, the researchers discovered that a monument created by hunter gatherers in Aberdeenshire nearly 10,000 years ago appears to mimic the phases of the Moon in order to track lunar months over the course of a year.

For the record, I'm calling boooolsch't because Swan, you apparently never have the wherewithal to do so. Never. You will believe whatever anyone tells you to believe about the unobserved distant past, as long as they make sure you have no way to verify any of the narrative.

Swan, this is not a calendar.

You may resume wanking over your eggplants, but only after you take your Abilify.

Don't know because I did not read the article, I merely posted it for you so that you could read it, then quote it so that you could pretend that your life has meaning.

CIAO

ULTRA MAGA

25-09-2023 15:37
(14450)
James_ wrote: A simpler explanation allows for [eye roll] the intrinsic brightness of stars to be considered using the inverse square law. When a parallax view allows its distance from the Earth to be known then something about the star's mass and gravity can be known.

This is correct. I'm with you this far.

James_ wrote: If dark matter didn't fill the universe then light from distant sources would not have a determined path it followed to the Earth.

This is incorrectly worded gibberish, as opposed to correctly worded gibberish. Let's reword your gibberish so that it is correctly worded gibberish:

Since there is no dark matter filling the universe, light from distant sources cannot follow a determined path to the earth.

You see? Now that is correctly worded gibberish.

James_ wrote: Aren't you out of 6th grade yet IBDM?

Nope. I'm still in the 6th grade.
25-09-2023 21:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
There is evidence for dark matter. There is galaxy rotation parameters which don't make sense without postulating an additional gravitational source to augment gravity. There are a minority of galaxies where the dark matte scenario doesn't make sense though. Some cosmologists have postulated a modified theory of gravity to explain the rotations but their theories don't work with all galaxies. Still, the dark mater hypothesis helps explain galaxy rotations and galaxy formation (which supposedly wouldn't have occurred without help from additional gravity). It is a strange form of matter which is difficult to study.
Edited on 25-09-2023 22:26
25-09-2023 21:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
There is evidence for dark matter. There is galaxy rotation parameters which don't make sense without postulating an additional gravitational source to augment gravity. There are a minority of galaxies where the dark matter scenario doesn't make sense though. Some cosmologists have postulated a modified theory of gravity to explain the rotations but their theories don't work with all galaxies. Still, the dark mater hypothesis helps explain galaxy rotations and galaxy formation (which supposedly wouldn't have occurred without help from additional gravity). It is a strange form of matter which is difficult to study.
Additional evidence for dark matter is gravitational lensing.
Edited on 25-09-2023 22:27
25-09-2023 22:45
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote: A simpler explanation allows for [eye roll] the intrinsic brightness of stars to be considered using the inverse square law. When a parallax view allows its distance from the Earth to be known then something about the star's mass and gravity can be known.

This is correct. I'm with you this far.

James_ wrote: If dark matter didn't fill the universe then light from distant sources would not have a determined path it followed to the Earth.

This is incorrectly worded gibberish, as opposed to correctly worded gibberish. Let's reword your gibberish so that it is correctly worded gibberish:

Since there is no dark matter filling the universe, light from distant sources cannot follow a determined path to the earth.

You see? Now that is correctly worded gibberish.

James_ wrote: Aren't you out of 6th grade yet IBDM?

Nope. I'm still in the 6th grade.

What's sad is when scientists do not allow for what science allows for. If we were to consider
E = h * c / λ = h * f

E = photon's energy
H = Planck constant
C = light's speed
λ = photon's wavelength
F = photon's frequency

Light is a collection of particles, and this formula gives us the single, indivisible quanta of light.
https://www.thefreecalculator.com/physics/photon-energy

See? Someone translated the math into plain, easy to understand English.
And when the energy is known then when divided by C^2 we know the mass of a single quanta of light.
That quanta of light might be a positively charged dark matter particle. And this would explain how light moves through the universe.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/a24076/neutron-star-particles-spring-into-existence/
25-09-2023 22:56
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
There is evidence for dark matter. There is galaxy rotation parameters which don't make sense without postulating an additional gravitational source to augment gravity. There are a minority of galaxies where the dark matte scenario doesn't make sense though. Some cosmologists have postulated a modified theory of gravity to explain the rotations but their theories don't work with all galaxies. Still, the dark mater hypothesis helps explain galaxy rotations and galaxy formation (which supposedly wouldn't have occurred without help from additional gravity). It is a strange form of matter which is difficult to study.

There is only evidence for dark matter if all of the observations made are exactly what they seem, which is seldom ever the case. In actuality dark matter is a number that allows the gravitational constant to work out as math must, however since there is no definition of what the universe is, one cannot claim to understand the math that makes it what it is.

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 25-09-2023 22:58
26-09-2023 04:02
(14450)
keepit wrote: There is galaxy rotation parameters which don't make sense without postulating an additional gravitational source to augment gravity.

You're full of baloney, keepit. It doesn't matter what you postulate, you can't understand it. If you could understand it, you'd understand that there isn't any "dark matter."

You're just playing semantics, keepit.

keepit wrote: There are a minority of galaxies where the dark matte scenario doesn't make sense though.

Incorrect. Your statement presumes that there are some things that make sense to you, and we both know that is not true.

keepit wrote: Some cosmologists have postulated a modified theory of gravity to explain the rotations but their theories don't work with all galaxies.

... because they are greatly mistaken.

keepit wrote: Still, the dark mater hypothesis helps explain galaxy rotations and galaxy formation (which supposedly wouldn't have occurred without help from additional gravity).

Nope. Dark matter does not help explain anything in any way. You know this, which is why you didn't list any examples, i.e. there aren't any examples.

keepit wrote: It is a strange form of matter which is difficult to study.

... yet it doesn't prevent you from pretending to be a genius on the subject.

You owe everyone on this board an apology for the bandwidth that you wasted.
Page 3 of 6<12345>>>

Join the debate upper atmosphere temp:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Layers of the Atmosphere as Viewed in Blue2227-01-2024 23:16
Quantum computer startup SEEQC unveils digital chip that operates at super cold temp3931-03-2023 19:52
ppm CO2 in atmosphere3312-03-2021 02:47
The Atmosphere and Heat13617-02-2021 17:32
Atmosphere4707-09-2020 19:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact