30-09-2023 18:04
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
James_ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James_ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Is the red shift (lengthening of light waves, galaxy shapes appearing dimmer)

Red shift doesn't affect light intensity. It affects the color. Whatever color the light would normally be, because of the movement away, the light waves are lengthened and thus the frequency is reduced. This has the effect of "shifting" the color towards red. The greater the velocity, the greater the shift towards red; this is how one can tell the relative velocity that a body is moving away from earth.

So, when you are moving, shift happens.

The amplitude, however, does not change; therefore brightness does not change.

I see. Anyhow, I think we can attribute the red shift to an atmospheric effect. Probably has something to do with more CO2 in the atmosphere. Makes Heaven's glass a bit more opaque.

No need for 1929 theories of infinite expansion.

Galaxies of course being a projection of light onto the glass from outer space.

For James, they look gassy. Lots of gas particles colliding.

Particles colliding is the scientific basis for cold fusion https://www.iter.org/.
What they've overlooked is that the Sun has gravity and the energy in the inner part of the solar system comes from the Sun. They haven't quite replicated the parameters
of fusion in the Sun's corona. They've only replicated the corona.
With red shift, the Sun's gravitational field coupled with the Earth's might explain it.
This kind of gets into astrophysics because of how space is stretched around the Sun and the Earth.
Also, while gravity can explain why galaxies collide https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2022/08/galaxy-mergers-colliding-cosmic-matter-milky-way-andromeda/671164/, aren't they supposed to be moving further apart?
Also, if you notice how many Suns those 2 galaxies have? It's a clear enough image to where they could probably be counted. One person on Facebook who showed the first picture he took as he was pursuing a PhD in astrophysics, I mentioned look at all of those galaxies in the background behind 2 galaxies that looked similar to the 2 in the link. He didn't consider that if a galaxy is far enough away it might look like a star.
They use software to establish what's a star and what's a galaxy. He didn't understand that with a star, it's light will show what gasses are in its atmosphere/corona.

It may take me a while to digest all of the subject matter in your comment James.

But let me just say that I am a big believer in cold fusion. I think an example of basic materials needed:

container of heavy water and lithium salts
Palladium strip
Platinum coils
Deuterium
Oxygen
A way to apply voltage to container

Though the scientific consensus is saying the simple steps in the cold fusion experiment described by Pons and Fleischmann can't be repeated, Pons says the container for the experiment should undergo 20 days of electrolytic conditioning, and heat to boiling for the first run. I think the voltage needs to be applied with an oscillating intensity too. One may argue semantics, that this doesn't qualify as "cold" fusion, but who cares.

The primary goal of cold fusion would be to generate gamma radiation.

I believe:

A more complex cold fusion, with Earth being the container undergoing collisions from gravity, is what powers the Moon. The Moon would therefore be the most powerful spot of radiation in space. It powers the Sun.

But one need not think cosmically to imagine natural processes applying cold fusion.

Horny devils are also generating gamma radiation every time they have an orgasm. I think you know, that's why it's called the Blue Flame Club

You have officially triggered me to go on this rant James

With cold fusion they have the torus (mimics the Sun's corona), but they don't have a ground in the centre of the torus. If they did that then the Joules-Thomson throttling process might encourage fusion.
What the ground would do is polarise the tritium (heavy water) then the issue becomes that 2 hydrogen elements need to absorb an electron to become neutrons.

@swan, cold fusion as it's called is an attempt to create the Sun's corona. They use lasers in a magnetic field which is a torus or doughnut shape. You'll usually hear generating helium which is 2/4He, it has 2 protons and 2 neutrons.
And tritium (heavy water) has 1 proton and 2 neutrons.
By converting 2 tritium molecules into helium then the 2 neutrons to generate energy would need to be split. Quarks in a neutron or proton are electrons outside of the nuclei (nucleus). Of course if they got the neutrons to collide then that might do it.

They don't have the ground. But I think it's very rare that they can't find a willing body to throttle it.

30-09-2023 19:28
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Spongy Iris wrote:

They don't have the ground. But I think it's very rare that they can't find a willing body to throttle it.

There's a couple of tricks they could try on a smaller scale than what they're doing in France. When they use lasers to strip of the shell, that's the electrons
orbiting the nucleus, that might be the wrong approach.
With a ground, if they had a current going through the middle of a sphere (think the Earth here) then you basically have an electromagnet. I tried a search asking if tritium is polarized. There's this research; https://researchoutreach.org/articles/polarized-fuel-new-option-sustained-nuclear-fusion/

With tritium polarized it would be attracted to a ground if it has a positive charge. If it is negatively charged then it would be attracted to an anode (think cathode ray tube or CRT picture tube TV).
With a CRT, magnets pull electrons from the cathode. This is because the area between the phosphor screen and the CRT is in a vacuum. With a vacuum where there is a tokamak, it could be created by using a piston type pump to remove air.
They use centrifugal pumps but with a piston type pump it would have positive displacement and wouldn't need to constantly run as long as vacuum is maintained.
And then if the ground is inside the torus (doughnut shaped magnetic field) when tritium is attracted to it spins can be adjust naturally so that tritium has opposing spins. Then they might fuse at a higher rate and at lower temperatures.
With the experiment I've been pursuing which goes as;
CO2 + H2O > CH2O + O2 (for the Chapman cycle, ozone layer recovery) then
2CH2O > CH4 + CO2.
The 2CH2O fusing in a vacuum would be an example of conservation of energy or momentum. Basically my experiment is showing that gasses in the Earth's atmosphere can occur through a natural fusion process. This is because CH4 and CO2 are more stable than CH2O.
With CO2 and H2O, CO2 cools slower than other gasses when considering the
Joules-Thomson coefficient. And this is what would attract a water molecule towards it, it'd be seeking energy. And if I am right about this then I think scientists pursuing a sustainable fusion reaction will probably study my research to see how it might help with their research.
From what I've been told why no one is pursuing the research I've been pursuing is it'd cost too much money to generate O2 using the method I describe. And with CH2O (formaldehyde), it is basically a worthless gas that has no real scientific value. and yet if I am right then it might be found to be an important scientific breakthrough.

When I say "torus", they call it a tokamak; https://www.energy.gov/science/doe-explainstokamaks

And ITER.org is an international collaboration; https://www.iter.org/

Where I tend to disagree with mainstream science is that the hydrogen the Sun burns is generated either in the Sun's corona (which it most likely traps it like the Earth's magnetosphere does) or on its surface which is why there are sunspots.
Sunspots might show fusion is actually occurring on the Sun's surface. And a storm on Earth might help to demonstrate that; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBPjUcMGqbY
Attached image:

Edited on 30-09-2023 19:54
30-09-2023 23:05
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
With some of what I said, the emission and absorption spectrum of CH2O (formaldehyde) is very close. Since CH2O is unstable thermodynamics states it will seek an equilibrium with its environment. And if CH2O is 180º out of phase then it would become more stable. And this is what would allow for fusion to create 2 new molecules.
In a vacuum I postulate that the emission and absorption spectrums of molecules become more like the positive and negative charge associated with Coulomb's law; https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/coulombs-law/. And I also like the inverse square law when discussing attraction and influence in a given field such as gravity or naturally occurring gasses in our atmosphere.
It does seem that Coulomb's law applies to low pressure/temperature attraction if the emission/absorption spectrums are considered. That is because the emission and absorption spectrums would become the positive and negative charge as the energy in a given field diminishes. This might get into non-local behavior because
matter influences a gravitational field more as the amount of background radiation decreases.
And just think, a lot of this started with a paper published in 1979 about the rate of occurrence over a city and
water in or around Germany. The paper [url]https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Simultaneous-measurement-of-atmospheric-CH2O%2C-O3%2C-Platt-Perner/26b74f7190b670817c58c8d6781c7c02cf35e1a5 [/url]

Why this paper got my attention;
In Julich, which may be regarded as typical for central European background atmosphere, mixing ratios varied from 0.1 to 6.5 ppb from May through October 1978. In maritime air under conditions when photochemical equilibrium was expected, formaldehyde concentrations of 0.2 ppb were observed, which can be accounted for by photochemical oxidation of methane alone. However, the high concentrations of formaldehyde found at Julich indicate other sources of formaldehyde.

I've crossed 3 oceans, 2 on an aircraft carrier and one on a freighter, I can assure you there are no cities at sea. There are islands like Hawai'i and the Phillipines but over water is not over land.
When CH2O concentrations are higher around a city, what in pollution can allow for formaldehyde (CH2O)? CO2
and smog are found around cities.
Where Julich, Germany is located;
https://www.google.com/maps/place/52428+J%C3%BClich,+Germany/@50.9284417,6.1949088,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x47bf5955a9618aa3:0x3eefff6a1ed5a8f9!8m2!3d50.9224226!4d6.3639119!16zL20vMDNkdjQx?entry=ttu
I've been to Hamburg before and with Julich, it's near both Bonn and Cologne, sources of CO2 emissions. And as I've mentioned, CH2O has been observed to be at higher concentrations in rain clouds.
Measurement-model comparisons of CH2O in clouds and in the lower marine troposphere in the presence of marine aerosols suggest rather significant CH2O uptake by as much as 85% in one extreme case compared to expectations based on modeled gas phase processes. https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1029/2003JD003451

I mean why do all of the work when scientists have already done it? Kind of why it is important that I acknowledge research papers that I use to form my own opinions/conclusions. I wouldn't want such people hating on me when they put a lot of time and effort into their research.

p.s., Just a reminder, I've been known to follow the jet stream and air currents. Water vapor from the North Sea can move over Germany during the summer, kind of why it rains. This prevents pollution (marine aerosols) from being over the marine boundary layer (over water).
When one paper said aerosols present over the marine boundary layer (over water), that's because that pollution (aerosols) came from over a city.
Edited on 30-09-2023 23:12
30-09-2023 23:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
With some of what I said, the emission and absorption spectrum of CH2O (formaldehyde) is very close. Since CH2O is unstable thermodynamics states it will seek an equilibrium with its environment. And if CH2O is 180º out of phase then it would become more stable. And this is what would allow for fusion to create 2 new molecules.
In a vacuum I postulate that the emission and absorption spectrums of molecules become more like the positive and negative charge associated with Coulomb's law; https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/coulombs-law/. And I also like the inverse square law when discussing attraction and influence in a given field such as gravity or naturally occurring gasses in our atmosphere.
It does seem that Coulomb's law applies to low pressure/temperature attraction if the emission/absorption spectrums are considered. That is because the emission and absorption spectrums would become the positive and negative charge as the energy in a given field diminishes. This might get into non-local behavior because
matter influences a gravitational field more as the amount of background radiation decreases.
And just think, a lot of this started with a paper published in 1979 about the rate of occurrence over a city and
water in or around Germany. The paper [url]https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Simultaneous-measurement-of-atmospheric-CH2O%2C-O3%2C-Platt-Perner/26b74f7190b670817c58c8d6781c7c02cf35e1a5 [/url]

Why this paper got my attention;
In Julich, which may be regarded as typical for central European background atmosphere, mixing ratios varied from 0.1 to 6.5 ppb from May through October 1978. In maritime air under conditions when photochemical equilibrium was expected, formaldehyde concentrations of 0.2 ppb were observed, which can be accounted for by photochemical oxidation of methane alone. However, the high concentrations of formaldehyde found at Julich indicate other sources of formaldehyde.

I've crossed 3 oceans, 2 on an aircraft carrier and one on a freighter, I can assure you there are no cities at sea. There are islands like Hawai'i and the Phillipines but over water is not over land.
When CH2O concentrations are higher around a city, what in pollution can allow for formaldehyde (CH2O)? CO2
and smog are found around cities.
Where Julich, Germany is located;
https://www.google.com/maps/place/52428+J%C3%BClich,+Germany/@50.9284417,6.1949088,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x47bf5955a9618aa3:0x3eefff6a1ed5a8f9!8m2!3d50.9224226!4d6.3639119!16zL20vMDNkdjQx?entry=ttu
I've been to Hamburg before and with Julich, it's near both Bonn and Cologne, sources of CO2 emissions. And as I've mentioned, CH2O has been observed to be at higher concentrations in rain clouds.
Measurement-model comparisons of CH2O in clouds and in the lower marine troposphere in the presence of marine aerosols suggest rather significant CH2O uptake by as much as 85% in one extreme case compared to expectations based on modeled gas phase processes. https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1029/2003JD003451

I mean why do all of the work when scientists have already done it? Kind of why it is important that I acknowledge research papers that I use to form my own opinions/conclusions. I wouldn't want such people hating on me when they put a lot of time and effort into their research.

p.s., Just a reminder, I've been known to follow the jet stream and air currents. Water vapor from the North Sea can move over Germany during the summer, kind of why it rains. This prevents pollution (marine aerosols) from being over the marine boundary layer (over water).
When one paper said aerosols present over the marine boundary layer (over water), that's because that pollution (aerosols) came from over a city.

Kookamungo

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
01-10-2023 03:10
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Swan wrote:

Kookamungo

I guess if you don't understand basic science then it comes off as being "cartoony". The reality is that the laws of physics apply to everything the same way. Our solar system can be compared to the oxygen element which has 8 electrons. While that is small in scale, our solar system has 8 planets.
And as is known, the Sun does have a magnetic field. This kind of gets into if an oxygen element has a weak nuclear force which parallels the Sun's magnetic and gravitational fields.
Basically what creates an electron or a planet around a heavier, denser mass? I
don't know but one day some scientist might consider that.
01-10-2023 03:31
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
To give you guys an idea, Venus, the Earth and Mars all have atmospheric pressures relative to the Sun's gravitational field. The laws of physics don't change because of scale.

The atmospheric pressures can be factored following f(x) = Δy/Δx. y = Venus is 1350 psi/93 bars. x = (1+.02395)^x. The exponent will be the times further from the Sun than Venus squared. That allows for the inverse square law to show a decrease in the strength of the Sun's gravitational field.
The Earth is ^191 while Mars is ^403. This allows for Earth to be 93/(1+.02395)^191 = 1.01214 bars while it is 1.013 bars. And for Mars to be 93/(1+.02395)^449 = 0.0022 bars while it is 0.00658 bars.

I think 0.002 is close enough to 0.007 for the discrepancy with Mars atmospheric pressure.
Edited on 01-10-2023 03:35
01-10-2023 04:23
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Just an FYI, er Why? With science, it is okay to ask why and say I don't think so. That's when a
person can begin to understand science. In the early 1990's I worked for the Boeing Airplane Co.
in a machine shop. I also bought a book from a book store (kind of obvious, right?) by a scientist
with a PhD in physics. He made it known that many scientists have their own pet theories because science doesn't explain everything.
With cold fusion and ITER.org, etc., could a ground inside the tokamak (torus, doughnut shaped magnetic field) help to replicate the Sun?
Maybe yes and maybe no. When done safely then trial and error or research and development follows. With the work I'm doing, a working theory will be tested. The results of experiments will allow for math to quantify the experiments in a meaningful way.
And if what I know is right then the Earth's atmosphere is pretty cool because of the way it works. And this
means that at this moment scientists have it wrong. Everyone updates their apps on their computer, smartphone, etc. Yet science hasn't been updated. And if you consider that "scientists say that atmospheric gasses create a greenhouse effect", and I say the tropopause does this. That changes how thermodynamics is applied to understand the heat in the troposphere.
Attached image:

01-10-2023 05:06
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Kookamungo

I guess if you don't understand basic science then it comes off as being "cartoony". The reality is that the laws of physics apply to everything the same way. Our solar system can be compared to the oxygen element which has 8 electrons. While that is small in scale, our solar system has 8 planets.
And as is known, the Sun does have a magnetic field. This kind of gets into if an oxygen element has a weak nuclear force which parallels the Sun's magnetic and gravitational fields.

LOL, how do the laws of physics explain entire galaxies moving faster than light?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

01-10-2023 05:28
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Kookamungo

LOL, how do the laws of physics explain entire galaxies moving faster than light?

I didn't bother to read this because it's wrong;

This Is How Distant Galaxies Recede Away From Us At Faster-Than-Light Speeds
https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2019/11/07/this-is-how-distant-galaxies-recede-away-from-us-at-faster-than-light-speeds/?sh=7f0ef0f472a2
01-10-2023 05:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14438)
Swan wrote:Kookamungo

It's "Cucamonga."

01-10-2023 19:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Kookamungo

They don't. Galaxies do not move faster than light.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 01-10-2023 19:38
01-10-2023 21:37
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Galaxy motion faster than light speed isn't well understood or agreed upon. The predominant view is that the galaxies aren't actually moving but rather that new space is coming into existence between the galaxies giving the impression of faster than light movement. The redshift is what gives the impression of faster than light speed. But the question is, where is this new space coming from? It's kind of like in the early 20th century where many had the view that new matter was coming into existence. Nevertheless, where is the new space coming from? It's just imho but it seems to me that new space comes from the hidden dimensions, the new space occurring in places where there is weak gravitation(between galaxies). In those places the hidden dimensions are free to unpack themselves into our visible dimensions. Hence new space.
Using the friedman equation and the density of space and the hubble constant it can be speculated new space is required to keep the universe flat. It's just my speculation though. I actually got kicked off the physics.com website for proposing this speculation a few times. Those guys are kind of touchy. But they are impressive scientists.
Edited on 01-10-2023 21:46
01-10-2023 23:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Kookamungo

I didn't bother to read this because it's wrong;

This Is How Distant Galaxies Recede Away From Us At Faster-Than-Light Speeds
https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2019/11/07/this-is-how-distant-galaxies-recede-away-from-us-at-faster-than-light-speeds/?sh=7f0ef0f472a2

Please present your dissertation for queer review to the college of snails

ULTRA MAGA

01-10-2023 23:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Kookamungo

It's "Cucamonga."

Well you are the reigning kookoo expert

ULTRA MAGA

02-10-2023 02:09
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
keepit wrote:
Galaxy motion faster than light speed isn't well understood or agreed upon. The predominant view is that the galaxies aren't actually moving but rather that new space is coming into existence between the galaxies giving the impression of faster than light movement. The redshift is what gives the impression of faster than light speed. But the question is, where is this new space coming from? It's kind of like in the early 20th century where many had the view that new matter was coming into existence. Nevertheless, where is the new space coming from? It's just imho but it seems to me that new space comes from the hidden dimensions, the new space occurring in places where there is weak gravitation(between galaxies). In those places the hidden dimensions are free to unpack themselves into our visible dimensions. Hence new space.
Using the friedman equation and the density of space and the hubble constant it can be speculated new space is required to keep the universe flat. It's just my speculation though. I actually got kicked off the physics.com website for proposing this speculation a few times. Those guys are kind of touchy. But they are impressive scientists.

The observed red shift might be nothing more than the Sun's gravity stretching the space around it. To actually see or observe light emitted from distant stars as they are would require leaving our solar system.
Also when stars emit light, their own gravity might cause a red shift. That's something I don't think scientists have considered.
02-10-2023 02:20
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
keepit wrote:

The observed red shift might be nothing more than the Sun's gravity stretching the space around it. To actually see or observe light emitted from distant stars as they are would require leaving our solar system.
Also when stars emit light, their own gravity might cause a red shift. That's something I don't think scientists have considered.

The redshift of our sun is not visible to the human eye, if it exists at all. However please do not stop making up nonsense

ULTRA MAGA

02-10-2023 05:37
(14438)
keepit wrote: Galaxy motion faster than light speed isn't well understood or agreed upon.

Yes, it is well understood. The majority of the world accepts Einstein's theory of Relativity. Nothing accelerates beyond the speed of light nor to the speed of light. Only light (non-matter) and gravity waves (non-matter) achieve light speed. Galaxies (matter) cannot achieve light speed. This is well understood and you are full of baloney.

keepit wrote: The predominant view is that the galaxies aren't actually moving

Nope. The predominant view is the Hawking model. This does not make other views invalid. Popularity and consensus play no role in science and Hawking's view is a set of assumptions based on extrapolations from observations, i.e. there is a rational basis for accepting the Hawking model, but the Hawking model can be rationally discarded in lieu of other assumptions based on observations.

Incidentally, your notion that galaxies aren't moving, and thus have zero momentum, is rather stupid. Feel free to ask me why.

keepit wrote: but rather that new space is coming into existence between the galaxies giving the impression of faster than light movement.

There is no impression of faster-than-light movement.

keepit wrote: The redshift is what gives the impression of faster than light speed.

Faster-than-light speed would do more than merely present a red shift. If some body of matter could exceed the speed of light moving away from you, it would effectively be invisible, with the light's frequency falling below zero. It wouldn't even be infrared or microwave or radio frequency ... it would have ceased to be EM of any frequency.

keepit wrote: But the question is, where is this new space coming from?

That's not a question anyone is asking.

keepit wrote: It's kind of like in the early 20th century where many had the view that new matter was coming into existence.

Are you talking about the people who feared that vehicles traveling faster than 20 mph would kill their occupants because the human body cannot endure such velocities?

keepit wrote: Nevertheless, where is the new space coming from? It's just imho but it seems to me that new space comes from the hidden dimensions,

I humbly and respectfully discard your opinion as totally fuqqing stupid.

keepit wrote: In those places the hidden dimensions are free to unpack themselves into our visible dimensions.

I humbly and reverently and respectfully and kindly and warmly reject your idiotic crap.

keepit wrote: Using the friedman equation and the density of space ...

The density of space? How dense is, say, a liter of vacuum within a galaxy vs a liter of vacuum outside a galaxy?

keepit wrote: it can be speculated new space is required to keep the universe flat.

I suppose someone could speculate that, just as someone could speculate that bonded atoms somehow don't form molecules, or that every rock is a moraine that was pushed by a glacier 20,000 years ago, or that amphibious animals really aren't amphibious because they aren't frogs. I suppose that you could speculate that a universe has needs. Definitely.

keepit wrote: It's just my speculation though.

It must be, because I don't believe any other human has that speculation.

keepit wrote: I actually got kicked off the physics.com website for proposing this speculation a few times.

I'm sure the official reason for your ejection was "wasting bandwidth."

keepit wrote: Those guys are kind of touchy. But they are impressive scientists.

How would you know that they are scientists, much less impressive ones?
02-10-2023 06:52
(14438)
keepit wrote: It's just imho but it seems to me that new space comes from the hidden dimensions, the new space occurring in places where there is weak gravitation(between galaxies). In those places the hidden dimensions are free to unpack themselves into our visible dimensions. Hence new space.

Attached image:

02-10-2023 15:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: It's just imho but it seems to me that new space comes from the hidden dimensions, the new space occurring in places where there is weak gravitation(between galaxies). In those places the hidden dimensions are free to unpack themselves into our visible dimensions. Hence new space.

How very 3 year old of you

ULTRA MAGA

02-10-2023 18:11
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
ibd,
Maybe you should talk to a real physicist or read about this stuff on google.
You have misconceptions.
02-10-2023 20:47
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
The interesting thing about galaxy movement faster than light is that as time goes by galaxies will start to disappear from our point of view. Eventually (very eventually) all the galaxies will disappear from our view. I could imagine a culture in the distant future that has "forgotten" that other galaxies ever existed.
02-10-2023 22:53
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You have misconceptions.

How many times have you had your identity stolen?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
RE: I Stole This From Forbes03-10-2023 00:01
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
According to intrinsic brightness and the inverse square law, the red shift might only be because the mass of light decreases as it creates different vectors from the original source. And with shorter wavelengths simply means that light has more mass.
In this experiment, notice that red and orange are away from the center of the black body which is where the source of heat is focused on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvm4hurlock The yellow/red/orange is on the outside of the black ring. This is from 2014 so the camera on my cellphone wasn't that great.
Whether or not the universe is expanding, why are these galaxies so close together? https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000008440318/webb-telescope-stephans-quintet.html
Attached image:

Edited on 03-10-2023 00:07
03-10-2023 02:51
(21612)
keepit wrote:

Galaxies do not move faster than the speed of light.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-10-2023 02:54
(21612)
James_ wrote:
keepit wrote:

There is only one star in our solar system. It's gone by many names, but Sol is one of them.

The Parrot Killer

03-10-2023 02:57
(21612)
IBdaMann wrote:
How would you know that they are scientists, much less impressive ones?

He's easily impressed by anyone discarding science calling themselves 'scientists'.

The Parrot Killer

03-10-2023 02:59
(21612)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You have misconceptions.

True Scotsman fallacy. Science is not a scientist. Science is not Google.
It is YOU discarding science here.

IBDaMann has been very kind in describing the theories of science you are ignoring. You should really listen to him.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 03-10-2023 03:00
03-10-2023 03:01
(21612)
keepit wrote:
The interesting thing about galaxy movement faster than light is that as time goes by galaxies will start to disappear from our point of view. Eventually (very eventually) all the galaxies will disappear from our view. I could imagine a culture in the distant future that has "forgotten" that other galaxies ever existed.

Galaxies do not move faster than the speed of light.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 03-10-2023 03:01
03-10-2023 03:02
(21612)
James_ wrote:
According to intrinsic brightness and the inverse square law, the red shift might only be because the mass of light decreases as it creates different vectors from the original source. And with shorter wavelengths simply means that light has more mass.
In this experiment, notice that red and orange are away from the center of the black body which is where the source of heat is focused on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvm4hurlock The yellow/red/orange is on the outside of the black ring. This is from 2014 so the camera on my cellphone wasn't that great.
Whether or not the universe is expanding, why are these galaxies so close together? https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000008440318/webb-telescope-stephans-quintet.html

No different vector, dude. The inverse square law does not apply here.

The Parrot Killer

03-10-2023 16:54
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You have misconceptions.

LOL Google merely wants people to be happy so it tells everyone exactly what they want to hear or see. Example, we will all doe within 8 years if climate change is not stopped, then climate change is the biggest lie ever told. How do you know which is real?

ULTRA MAGA

03-10-2023 22:11
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
keepit wrote:

There is only one star in our solar system. It's gone by many names, but Sol is one of them.

And I thought you were Sol-less Isn't. I think it is as some scientists have said, Einstein didn't think light bending around a distant star could be observed yet it has been.
04-10-2023 02:09
(21612)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You have misconceptions.

LOL Google merely wants people to be happy so it tells everyone exactly what they want to hear or see. Example, we will all doe within 8 years if climate change is not stopped, then climate change is the biggest lie ever told. How do you know which is real?

This question has already been answered.

See the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.

Climate cannot change. Climate has no values that can change. There is no such thing as a global climate.

The Parrot Killer

04-10-2023 02:10
(21612)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
keepit wrote:

And I thought you were Sol-less Isn't. I think it is as some scientists have said, Einstein didn't think light bending around a distant star could be observed yet it has been.

Einstein DID say you could observe it, and pointed to our own Sun as an example.

Nothing to do with red shift.

The Parrot Killer

04-10-2023 09:25
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Yes, it is well understood. The majority of the world accepts Einstein's theory of Relativity.

Consensus has no place in science.
04-10-2023 19:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Consensus does have an extremely important part in science. Think of what Newton said about his knowledge having been built upon the shoulders of giants!
People need other people to stimulate their thinking, whether in a social way or in a scientific way.
04-10-2023 19:13
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You have misconceptions.

This question has already been answered.

See the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.

Climate cannot change. Climate has no values that can change. There is no such thing as a global climate.

LOL if no gas can warm the Earth then you cannot get burned if you stick your face over old faithful So give it a try dopey

ULTRA MAGA

04-10-2023 22:50
(14438)
Xadoman wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: The predominant view is that the galaxies aren't actually moving
Nope. The predominant view is the Hawking model.
Consensus has no place in science.

Correct, but this comment is out of context.
04-10-2023 22:54
(14438)
Swan wrote:LOL if no gas can warm the Earth then you cannot get burned if you stick your face over old faithful

Swan, when you're right, you're right. You're just never right. This was a stupid comment. It's not the gas that would burn him but the flow of thermal energy. If you think that gas alone can burn, then try cooking a steak by spraying CO2 on it directly from the tank.
05-10-2023 01:03
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Consensus does have an extremely important part in science. Think of what Newton said about his knowledge having been built upon the shoulders of giants!
People need other people to stimulate their thinking, whether in a social way or in a scientific way.

Consensus is belief/faith, not science. Getting a few people to agree on something, doesn't make it so.
05-10-2023 01:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
I just read the Hawking model of the universe on google. There are competing views to say the least but they seem to favor an expanding universe without giving a real description of how it began.
So --- how does the Hawking model differ from mine as far as the mechanism of expansion?

By the way, exactly who is it that is saying the co2 heats the earth? I've read 6 climate change books and never once did i hear that.
Edited on 05-10-2023 01:12
Page 5 of 6<<<3456>

Join the debate upper atmosphere temp:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Layers of the Atmosphere as Viewed in Blue2227-01-2024 23:16
Quantum computer startup SEEQC unveils digital chip that operates at super cold temp3931-03-2023 19:52
ppm CO2 in atmosphere3312-03-2021 02:47
The Atmosphere and Heat13617-02-2021 17:32
Atmosphere4707-09-2020 19:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact