Remember me
▼ Content

upper atmosphere temp

Page 1 of 6123>>>
upper atmosphere temp17-09-2023 22:27
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
I saw some female german physicist talking about climate change. By the way, i've seen her on the same stage with Roger Penrose and Brian Greene.
Anyway, she was making the point that the temp difference between the upper atmosphere and lower atmosphere tells us whether or not climate change is being caused by variations in the suns's output. She said that since upper atmospheric temp is going up, that means that the increased temperature at earth's surface isn't due to solar variations.
Edited on 17-09-2023 22:29
17-09-2023 23:47
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
I saw some female german physicist talking about climate change. By the way, i've seen her on the same stage with Roger Penrose and Brian Greene.
Anyway, she was making the point that the temp difference between the upper atmosphere and lower atmosphere tells us whether or not climate change is being caused by variations in the suns's output. She said that since upper atmospheric temp is going up, that means that the increased temperature at earth's surface isn't due to solar variations.

I have so many questions, but short on time so I'll just ask one.

Why does this chick offer no actual physics but has credibility with you, while IBdaMann and Into the Night show the science and are full of bologna? Just wondering what it is that makes you BELIEVE in someone.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 17-09-2023 23:48
18-09-2023 02:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:

Which even if true does not mean that solar variations do not affect weather patterns, because they clearly do and always have. What you do not understand is that climate change is imminent and it is not global warming but global cooling and the country with the most petroleum reserves survives the longest

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 18-09-2023 02:20
18-09-2023 02:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:

Got that kid?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Edited on 18-09-2023 02:06
18-09-2023 02:24
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Gas,
First, she offers a lot of physics. That's her job. As far as credibility, the thing that impressed me was that someone chose her to appear on stage with heavyweights like Brian Greene and Roger Penrose. Those are world class physicists. Also, and there are many alsos, they and she communicated in a sensible manner (no name calling, for example). Credentials matter you know.
What credentials do ibd and itn have?
Edited on 18-09-2023 02:26
18-09-2023 02:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Gas,
First, she offers a lot of physics. That's her job. As far as credibility, the thing that impressed me was that someone chose her to appear on stage with heavyweights like Brian Greene and Roger Penrose. Those are world class physicists. Also, and there are many alsos, they and she communicated in a sensible manner (no name calling, for example). Credentials matter you know.

No physicist can prove that the universe even exists much less articulate the cause of climate change.

ULTRA MAGA

18-09-2023 03:05
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
Gas,

Wow, so much to unpack here....and no time again so another quick shot question.

Since she offered a "LOT" of physics, would you be able to tell us one law of science that she used to make her case for climate change?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
18-09-2023 03:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Gas, Her name is Sabine Hossenfelder. You can google here for yourself. Also, she has done many presentations on youtube where she spends almost all her time presenting physics principles. There are many other such awesome physicists.
18-09-2023 03:20
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
Gas, Her name is Sabine Hossenfelder. You can google here for yourself. Also, she has done many presentations on youtube where she spends almost all her time presenting physics principles. There are many other such awesome physicists.

No. YOU are the one praising her and bashing others that use physics. If there are a lot of examples of her using physics, can you give just one?

18-09-2023 03:26
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Look Gas, i'm not praising anyone or bashing anyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I've got to admit, most of her physics is beyond my ability to understand.
Edited on 18-09-2023 03:29
18-09-2023 03:33
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
Look Gas, i'm not praising anyone or bashing anyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I've got to admit, most of her physics is beyond my ability to understand.

You ARE bashing people here. I assume you understand the physics they explain to you enough to call it bologna?

18-09-2023 03:39
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:

She is literally a german retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXdjTcnbWiA&t=19s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLGUKRNHXM

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 18-09-2023 03:40
18-09-2023 15:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14435)
keepit wrote: Credentials matter you know.

Not in science. In science, only science matters. Science stands on its own. People who don't call booooolsch't on someone just because of credentials are people just waiting to become victims of a scam.

keepit wrote:What credentials do ibd and itn have?

You should be looking at the science and letting it speak for itself, rather than bash people who are trying to help you just because you fall for every scam that comes your way by people who claim credentials.

Why do you fear science so much that you won't look at it? I noticed that you were ever so quick to announce that you were far too stupid to understand the science presented by the credential-holders, yet you sure pretend to be a science genius when you are talking to me. This is precisely why you are the stupid fukk that you are. When I say that you are a "stupid fukk," I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Have a great day.
18-09-2023 16:27
(14435)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

No. YOU are the one praising her and bashing others that use physics. If there are a lot of examples of her using physics, can you give just one?

keepit, just shut up and answer GasGuzzler's question.

"If there are a lot of examples of her using physics, can you give just one?"

The floor is yours. Don't EVADE by claiming that you are completely retarded when convenient. Answer the question.
18-09-2023 17:29
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
More trash talk ibd. Not a word of science in it.
18-09-2023 17:32
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Gas, If you want to try to understand greenhouse better, go to sabine hossenfldder 's article about "i misunderstood the greenhouse, here's how it works."
18-09-2023 18:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
More trash talk ibd. Not a word of science in it.

LOL is this science kiddy?

Your great physicist sabine horsehead babbling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m47mJVUJqrw

ULTRA MAGA

18-09-2023 18:54
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
Gas, If you want to try to understand greenhouse better, go to sabine hossenfldder 's article about "i misunderstood the greenhouse, here's how it works."

I made it to the 1:45 mark in this waste of precious time video. At this point was where she clearly demonstrates her dishonesty in getting you to believe her bullchit.

A greenhouse works by decreasing heat, specifically convective heat. Glass and CO2 are not the same, and neither have the ability to trap heat.

When you can show me how she is correct about how a greenhouse works, I promise, I will watch more of the video. Until then, I'm not wasting time on bullchit built with a foundation of bullchit.
18-09-2023 20:02
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
OK.
18-09-2023 20:05
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
OK.

Why does this turd fascinate you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m47mJVUJqrw

ULTRA MAGA

18-09-2023 20:11
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
She has credentials. And clearly she is sincere in her work. She interacts on the science stage in a constructive manner, etc.

I've never heard an ounce of trash talk from her.

By the way, for Gas, personally, i don't consider disputing someone's interpretations of physics to be "bashing". Name calling and false accusations can easily be seen as bashng.
Edited on 18-09-2023 20:40
18-09-2023 20:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
She has credentials. And clearly she is sincere in her work. She interacts on the science stage in a constructive manner, etc.

I've never heard an ounce of trash talk from her.

By the way, for Gas, personally, i don't consider disputing someone's interpretations of physics to be "bashing". Name calling and false accusations can easily be seen as bashng.

Physics is math and math is not subject to interpretation, except where math fails and all that remains is interpretive theory, which is not executable mathematics nor physics. Not that you can ever grasp reality

ULTRA MAGA

18-09-2023 21:02
(14435)
keepit wrote:More trash talk ibd. Not a word of science in it.

You're playing semantics, keepit. You're full of baloney.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-09-2023 21:12
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
ibd,
NOT.
18-09-2023 21:13
(14435)
keepit wrote: She has credentials.

Which don't matter.

keepit wrote: And clearly she is sincere in her work.

Having you think that is clearly the plan, and obviously very easy to accomplish.

keepit wrote: She interacts on the science stage in a constructive manner, etc.

How would you know?

keepit wrote: I've never heard an ounce of trash talk from her.

You don't sufficiently understand anything she says such that you can call booooolsch't on any crap. You just delude yourself into believing that you understand every word, and that you are a thuper thmart perthon.

You're an idiot.

keepit wrote: By the way, for Gas, personally, i don't consider disputing someone's interpretations of physics to be "bashing".

One does not interpret science. Science is unambiguous. If you weren't such a moron you would have picked up on that fact one of the first 25 times you were told that.

keepit wrote: Name calling and false accusations can easily be seen as bashng.

Crying like a fukking baby when someone points out your errors can easily be seen as the dishonesty that it is.

Have I mentioned that you're an idiot who thinks he's a genius? You've been bent over furniture and had too much baloney reamed into you.
18-09-2023 21:14
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
NOT.

You seem to be having a great time arguing with the local schizzo who finished everything that Einstein started

ULTRA MAGA

18-09-2023 21:37
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
ibd,
More trash talk.
18-09-2023 22:06
(14435)
keepit wrote: ibd, More trash talk.

More baloney from you, keepit. Just semantics.
18-09-2023 22:24
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
You've been bent over furniture and had too much baloney reamed into you.

Well now this in an interesting "position".
Is this process aided by some type of auger system? Could it be solar powered? Maybe an updated graphic for us would be helpful if you can find some spare time?

18-09-2023 22:40
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: ibd, More trash talk.

More baloney from you, keepit. Just semantics.

The nitrites in baloney are very unhealthy

ULTRA MAGA

19-09-2023 00:38
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
She said that since upper atmospheric temp is going up, that means that the increased temperature at earth's surface isn't due to solar variations.

The earth has been cooling down since the beginning of the earth. The inner core cools down and with it the whole earth is cooling down. The sun adds its energy on the surface.
According to Boltzmann s law the earth should be a giant ice ball. There is not enough energy from the sun to keep the earth as it now. Fortunately the giant and very hot inner core keeps us warm.

Here is the picture from wiki. Do not you agree how silly is to ignore this giant oven inside the earth?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_inner_core#/media/File:Earth_poster.svg

The greenhouse gas scam is obviously false physics. Greenhouse gases can not produce energy on their own. The inner core however produces enourmous amount of energy which keeps us warm and cozy on this planet.

Do not belive anything that mainstream media is telling to you. They only want to pump money out of you. They invent new scams to keep the money streaming into their pockets. Everything they push at you is most probably a scam.
19-09-2023 02:14
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Xadoman wrote:
She said that since upper atmospheric temp is going up, that means that the increased temperature at earth's surface isn't due to solar variations.

The earth has been cooling down since the beginning of the earth. The inner core cools down and with it the whole earth is cooling down. The sun adds its energy on the surface.
According to Boltzmann s law the earth should be a giant ice ball. There is not enough energy from the sun to keep the earth as it now. Fortunately the giant and very hot inner core keeps us warm.

Here is the picture from wiki. Do not you agree how silly is to ignore this giant oven inside the earth?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_inner_core#/media/File:Earth_poster.svg

The greenhouse gas scam is obviously false physics. Greenhouse gases can not produce energy on their own. The inner core however produces enourmous amount of energy which keeps us warm and cozy on this planet.

Do not belive anything that mainstream media is telling to you. They only want to pump money out of you. They invent new scams to keep the money streaming into their pockets. Everything they push at you is most probably a scam.

Actually the Earth has been warming for the last 22,000 years, whether you have the balls to respond or not. Furthermore if Hossenfooler does not know this she is wrong, physics degree or not

ULTRA MAGA

19-09-2023 03:12
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
There's a misunderstanding here.
The global warming that is concerning is the near term global warming. Even though there may be cooling in the more distant future, the near term is what we need to deal with.
19-09-2023 04:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
There's a misunderstanding here.
The global warming that is concerning is the near term global warming. Even though there may be cooling in the more distant future, the near term is what we need to deal with.

Actually 22,000 years is near term in Earth years of which there are 5 billion years total.

ULTRA MAGA

19-09-2023 08:42
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Actually the Earth has been warming for the last 22,000 years

Nope. The trend has always been cooling and continues to be cooling. The processes generating heat inside the inner core do not just speed up arbitrarily for some reason. Those processes are destined to lose power as everything eventually runs out of steam in the universe. Every power source loses its power eventually, there are no perpetual mobiles which run forever. Simple physics, nothing more.
The earth has never been a giant iceball. It however has been a giant fireball. Since then it has been cooling down and continues to cool down. Simple physics.

The atmosphere of earth is caused by the kinetic energy of the molecules ( aka temperature ). This kinetic energy rises the gas molecules from the surface of the earth and causes the atmosphere to form. The gravity wants to squash the gas molecules back to the surface but the temperature fights back to it.

The kinetic energy to form the atmosphere comes from the inner core of the earth and from the sun. A miniscule amount comes also from distant stars but it is neglible.

The atmosphere itself can not rise its temperature. As already said, the atmosphere is caused by the energy which comes from the inner core and from the sun. The temperature and thickness of the atmosphere is fixed with the available energy which comes from the inner core and from the sun. Simple physics.

In order to create a thicker and warmer atmosphere the energy from the sun and from the inner core must increase. But those energy streams are fixed and overall slowly diminishing. So there is no way that the atmosphere is getting thicker and warmer. It is thermodynamically impossible to create a warmer and thicker atmosphere with diminishing energy streams.
Remembere, the inner core is slowly cooling and the earth is slowly moving away from the sun( like the moon drifts slowly away from the earth). So we are heading towards an ice age. Simple physics.
Edited on 19-09-2023 08:44
19-09-2023 13:30
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Xadoman wrote:
Actually the Earth has been warming for the last 22,000 years

Nope. The trend has always been cooling and continues to be cooling. The processes generating heat inside the inner core do not just speed up arbitrarily for some reason. Those processes are destined to lose power as everything eventually runs out of steam in the universe. Every power source loses its power eventually, there are no perpetual mobiles which run forever. Simple physics, nothing more.
The earth has never been a giant iceball. It however has been a giant fireball. Since then it has been cooling down and continues to cool down. Simple physics.

The atmosphere of earth is caused by the kinetic energy of the molecules ( aka temperature ). This kinetic energy rises the gas molecules from the surface of the earth and causes the atmosphere to form. The gravity wants to squash the gas molecules back to the surface but the temperature fights back to it.

The kinetic energy to form the atmosphere comes from the inner core of the earth and from the sun. A miniscule amount comes also from distant stars but it is neglible.

The atmosphere itself can not rise its temperature. As already said, the atmosphere is caused by the energy which comes from the inner core and from the sun. The temperature and thickness of the atmosphere is fixed with the available energy which comes from the inner core and from the sun. Simple physics.

In order to create a thicker and warmer atmosphere the energy from the sun and from the inner core must increase. But those energy streams are fixed and overall slowly diminishing. So there is no way that the atmosphere is getting thicker and warmer. It is thermodynamically impossible to create a warmer and thicker atmosphere with diminishing energy streams.
Remembere, the inner core is slowly cooling and the earth is slowly moving away from the sun( like the moon drifts slowly away from the earth). So we are heading towards an ice age. Simple physics.

Wrong again as 22,000 years ago half of all the Earths landmass was covered in glaciation. Furthermore, Snowball Earth, in geology and climatology, an explanation first proposed by American geobiologist J.L. Kirschvink suggesting that Earth's oceans and land surfaces were covered by ice from the poles to the Equator during at least two extreme cooling events between 2.4 billion and 580 million years ago.

The evidence for this hypothesis is found in old rocks that preserved signs of Earth's ancient magnetic field. Measurements of these rocks indicate that rocks known to be associated with the presence of ice were formed near the Equator. In addition, there is a 45-metre- (147.6-foot-) thick layer of manganese ore in the Kalahari Desert with an age corresponding to the end of the 2.4 billion-year "Snowball Earth" period; its deposition is thought to have been caused by rapid and massive changes in global climate as the worldwide covering of ice melted.

However retards like you will choose to believe Al Gore who is now hiding in his bathroom for fear of little girls laughing in his face.

ULTRA MAGA

19-09-2023 15:00
(14435)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Is this process aided by some type of auger system? Could it be solar powered? Maybe an updated graphic for us would be helpful if you can find some spare time?

Let's see, a solar-powered rotary disinformation reamer with matching credenza. Would it logically come with Everest or Rhino ratchet tie-down straps?

19-09-2023 15:07
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Let's see, a solar-powered rotary disinformation reamer with matching credenza. Would it logically come with Everest or Rhino ratchet tie-down straps?

Wrong again as 22,000 years ago half of all the Earths landmass was covered in glaciation. Furthermore, Snowball Earth, in geology and climatology, an explanation first proposed by American geobiologist J.L. Kirschvink suggesting that Earth's oceans and land surfaces were covered by ice from the poles to the Equator during at least two extreme cooling events between 2.4 billion and 580 million years ago.

The evidence for this hypothesis is found in old rocks that preserved signs of Earth's ancient magnetic field. Measurements of these rocks indicate that rocks known to be associated with the presence of ice were formed near the Equator. In addition, there is a 45-metre- (147.6-foot-) thick layer of manganese ore in the Kalahari Desert with an age corresponding to the end of the 2.4 billion-year "Snowball Earth" period; its deposition is thought to have been caused by rapid and massive changes in global climate as the worldwide covering of ice melted.

However retards like you will choose to believe Al Gore who is now hiding in his bathroom for fear of little girls laughing in his face.

ULTRA MAGA

19-09-2023 15:20
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
American geobiologist J.L. Kirschvink suggesting that Earth's oceans and land surfaces were covered by ice from the poles to the Equator during at least two extreme cooling events between 2.4 billion and 580 million years ago.

This guy has a great fantasy, nothing more. Earth was a giant fireball billions of years ago not a giant snowball.

The evidence for this hypothesis is found in old rocks that preserved signs of Earth's ancient magnetic field

What kind of influence the magnetic field has on earth s temperature? I do not see the connection.

Measurements of these rocks indicate that rocks known to be associated with the presence of ice were formed near the Equator.

Are not you aware of continental drift? Even a millimeter per year makes a big difference over billions of years.
Start using your 130 iq instead of being a mainstream brainwashed lamb.
19-09-2023 15:23
(14435)
keepit wrote:There's a misunderstanding here.

... and who is the eternally confused moron who doesn't understand anything?

[clue #1: it's you, keepit]
[clue #2: it's you, keepit]
[clue #3: it's you, keepit]
[clue #4: it's you, keepit]

keepit wrote: The global warming that is concerning is the near term global warming.

There is no Global Warming, keepit. You are confused about this just as you are confused about everything else. There is no Global Warming concern, keepit, because there is no Global Warming. Let me give you some clues to help you solve this mystery.

[clue #1: there is no Global Warming, keepit]
[clue #2: Global Warming is just another scam for which you fell, keepit]
[clue #3: you are a fukking moron, keepit]
[clue #4: there's no need to tell anyone that you aren't a scientist, keepit]
[clue #5: there's no need to tell anyone that you think you're a genius, keepit]
[clue #6: you are a fukking moron, keepit]
[clue #7: you are a fukking moron, keepit]

... but just for a bunch of yuks, tell us why you are concerned, keepit.

keepit wrote: Even though there may be cooling in the more distant future, ...

Enough with the speculation from the imbecile ... why are you concerned?

keepit wrote: the near term is what we need to deal with.

Wow, keepit, you are absolutely brilliant ... in your own mind. At what point did you realize that, for the entire existence of humanity, every human has needed to concern himself with the "near term" lest he starve to death, die in a tragic accident, etc...

Why are you concerned? Who ordered you to panic and in what way, specifically?
Page 1 of 6123>>>

Join the debate upper atmosphere temp:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Layers of the Atmosphere as Viewed in Blue2227-01-2024 23:16
Quantum computer startup SEEQC unveils digital chip that operates at super cold temp3931-03-2023 19:52
ppm CO2 in atmosphere3312-03-2021 02:47
The Atmosphere and Heat13617-02-2021 17:32
Atmosphere4707-09-2020 19:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact