Remember me
▼ Content

The Atmosphere and Heat

Page 1 of 4123>>>
The Atmosphere and Heat08-02-2021 21:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
One aspect of heat is work. The attached image shows the Earth. The blue represents the atmosphere (troposphere) and the red line represents the potential of the Van Allen radiation belts. There is both an inner and outer radiation belt.
[img]https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipNkFSm3KFr0pwSZWtIqnwhWXiq9soyKZc3IRvbN[/img]
Why these might matter is because of electrostatic attraction. With water, it's easy to observe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhWQ-r1LYXY.
While such behavior is based on molecules being "polar", there is also non-local behavior. https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/04/einstein-s-spooky-action-distance-spotted-objects-almost-big-enough-see
Basically, is it possible that the Van Allen radiation belts are influencing our atmosphere by altering the gravitational field around our planet? This is one aspect of the experiment that I've been pursing. If successful then the experiment would show that there is more work being performed in our atmosphere than previously thought.
One basis for such consideration are the tropical and polar jet streams. Also the height of the tropopause and warmth relative to the radiation belts suggests that the Van Allen radiation belts do influence our atmosphere.
It might help to remember that the Earth's magnetic field generates the radiation belts. This means that if from the center of the Earth outward, the relationship between the radiation belts, height of the troposphere and the jet streams might become more obvious.
And this means that as the Earth rotates, even if the elevated parts of the atmosphere move little, that work will generate a lot of friction as the lower stratosphere rotates under it. And this in turn can excite the molecules in the lower troposphere.

p.s., since water is a polar molecule like CO2, how much of an influence do they have in expanding the height of the troposphere? Can they transfer enough kinetic energy to excite the gasses around them?
Attached image:

Edited on 08-02-2021 22:00
08-02-2021 21:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
James___ wrote: One aspect of heat is work.

The other way around, i.e. one aspect of work is heat.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-02-2021 23:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

Solar radiation is heat which produces work. Semantics. Not productive.

@All, with the attached image, the red lines will give everyone an idea of how the Earth's magnetic field and it's radiation belts are aligned. It would be interesting to find out if the Earth's magnetic field distorts like the troposphere does.
It might also be possible for H2O and CO2 to transfer momentum to lighter gasses (conservation of momentum). This then would allow them to have a cascading effect as they circulate through the atmosphere.

For those not familiar with the Van Allen radiation belts. If you notice in the image in this link, facing the Sun will influence the charge in the radiation belts. And that's the point where the troposphere has it's highest elevation. https://www.americanscientist.org/article/new-twists-in-earths-radiation-belts
Attached image:

Edited on 08-02-2021 23:29
08-02-2021 23:44
(14366)
James___ wrote: Solar radiation is heat

Nope. Solar radiation is energy, specifically electromagnetic energy.

Yes, this energy can be converted to thermal energy which can be converted to mechanical energy. Once work is performed with this energy in whatever form it takes, there will be heat.

James___ wrote: Semantics. Not productive.

Semantics are everything in an online forum of ideas. You won't be very productive if you aren't writing what you mean or meaning what you write.

Try to be productive. Don't be a keepit class of moron.

James___ wrote: It might also be possible for H2O and CO2 to transfer momentum to lighter gasses (conservation of momentum).

Substitute the word "momentum" for "pressure" and apply the Ideal Gas law.

James___ wrote: This then would allow them to have a cascading effect as they circulate through the atmosphere.

What exactly is this "cascading effect"?

[hint: write what you mean and mean what you write]

Attached image:

08-02-2021 23:56
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5682)
IBdaMann wrote:

Actually in many instances heat achieves the work
09-02-2021 00:08
(14366)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Oh really? Can you give me a few examples ... or will that only result in you not knowing what "heat" is?

From The MANUAL

Heat: noun
In the Global Warming theology, "heat" means whatever it needs to mean at any given moment. The term is employed by Global Warming believers to shift semantic goalposts as necessary. It's meaning can shift fluidly between "temperature," "increase in temperature," "thermal energy," "flow of thermal energy," "convection," "absorption of electromagnetic radiation," "energy," "friction," "conduction," "infrared," "plasma," "work," "radiance," "power," "radioactivity," "electrical energy" and others as convenient.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-02-2021 00:13
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5682)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Oh really? Can you give me a few examples ... or will that only result in you not knowing what "heat" is?

From The MANUAL

In the Global Warming theology, "heat" means whatever it needs to mean at any given moment. The term is employed by Global Warming believers to shift semantic goalposts as necessary. It's meaning can shift fluidly between "temperature," "increase in temperature," "thermal energy," "flow of thermal energy," "convection," "absorption of electromagnetic radiation," "energy," "friction," "conduction," "infrared," "plasma," "work," "radiance," "power," "radioactivity," "electrical energy" and others as convenient.

Heat does the work in any steam engine or nuclear reactor

Play on shirley

Nuclear Fission Creates Heat
Reactors use uranium for nuclear fuel. ... Control rods can then be inserted into the reactor core to reduce the reaction rate or withdrawn to increase it. The heat created by fission turns the water into steam, which spins a turbine to produce carbon-free electricity.

130 vs 85
09-02-2021 00:21
(14366)
Swan wrote: Heat does the work in any steam engine or nuclear reactor

LOL Nope. LOL As I predicted, you don't know what heat is.

Play on shirley Yawn.

LOL

09-02-2021 00:32
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5682)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Heat does the work in any steam engine or nuclear reactor

LOL Nope. LOL As I predicted, you don't know what heat is.

Play on shirley Yawn.

LOL

Sorry you are still wrong

https://physicsworld.com/a/new-generator-creates-electricity-directly-from-heat/

A new type of thermionic generator that turns heat or light into electrical energy has been developed by researchers in Germany and the US. The new design overcomes the "space-charge problem" that has plagued previous attempts at developing practical devices. The device is about four times more efficient than previous generators and the new technology could find use in a range of applications including solar power and the harvesting of waste heat.

Thermionic generators convert heat or light into an electric current by using the temperature difference between two metallic plates that are separated by a vacuum. The "hot" plate is heated either by incident light or thermal conduction and this causes electrons to evaporate from its surface. These electrons then condense on the surface of the cold plate. This creates a charge difference between the two plates, which can drive a usable electric current.

Tell us more about your doctor
09-02-2021 00:48
(14366)
Swan wrote: Sorry you are still wrong

You still don't know what heat is. You're stuck.

You know, if you were to devote a little time to learning and understanding units of measure you would be able to make sense when you write.

Work = energy. Heat, not so. I'll leave you to research what you need to research.

Good luck.

09-02-2021 01:07
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

From The MANUAL

Play on shirley

Reactors use uranium for nuclear fuel. ... Control rods can then be inserted into the reactor core to reduce the reaction rate or withdrawn to increase it. The heat created by fission turns the water into steam, which spins a turbine to produce carbon-free electricity.

130 vs 85

Obviously you have no clue what 'heat' means. See the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which also defines the concept of 'heat'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 09-02-2021 01:07
09-02-2021 01:15
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
The attached image shows an anvil cloud. This is because it has reached the tropopause. This suggests that something besides heat and gravity is influencing our atmosphere. It's as if the behavior of atmospheric gasses change.
By this I mean their spin might orient differently when the density of molecules drop below a certain threshold. Yet I will consider it possible that the Van Allen radiation belts could influence the gravitational field facing the Sun ever so slightly.
Since water is 1000 times denser than air, the difference in the gravitational field might be difficult to detect because that part of the field is exposed to the Sun, ie., it's highly energetic.
Attached image:

09-02-2021 01:29
(21552)
James___ wrote:
The attached image shows an anvil cloud. This is because it has reached the tropopause.

Anvil clouds extend well into the stratosphere, above the tropopause.
James___ wrote:
This suggests that something besides heat and gravity is influencing our atmosphere.

Sunlight.
James___ wrote:
It's as if the behavior of atmospheric gasses change.

Nope. The behavior of gasses do not change.
James___ wrote:
By this I mean their spin might orient differently when the density of molecules drop below a certain threshold.

What spin? What threshold? Molecules have no density. Buzzword fallacies.
James___ wrote:
Yet I will consider it possible that the Van Allen radiation belts could influence the gravitational field facing the Sun ever so slightly.

Gravity is not a field.
James___ wrote:
Since water is 1000 times denser than air,

Water has no absolute density. Neither does air.
James___ wrote:
the difference in the gravitational field might be difficult to detect because that part of the field is exposed to the Sun, ie., it's highly energetic.

Energetic molecules still have the same mass. No difference.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-02-2021 01:34
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5682)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Sorry you are still wrong

You still don't know what heat is. You're stuck.

You know, if you were to devote a little time to learning and understanding units of measure you would be able to make sense when you write.

Work = energy. Heat, not so. I'll leave you to research what you need to research.

Good luck.

Actually heat is energy if an intelligent person can convert it.

So you will never know
09-02-2021 01:36
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5682)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

From The MANUAL

Play on shirley

130 vs 85

Obviously you have no clue what 'heat' means. See the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which also defines the concept of 'heat'.

Heat is energy that can be converted into many other forms of energy.

This is common knowledge.

So stop frustrating yourself

130 vs 75
Edited on 09-02-2021 01:41
09-02-2021 01:44
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
When I light my LPG/Oxy welding set and solder copper is the heat doing the work or the work doing the heat?
09-02-2021 01:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5682)
duncan61 wrote:
When I light my LPG/Oxy welding set and solder copper is the heat doing the work or the work doing the heat?

You will now be told to prove copper
09-02-2021 02:26
(14366)
Swan wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

No, this is where you accuse Duncan of denying copper.

09-02-2021 02:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5682)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

09-02-2021 03:21
(14366)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

So we can now add schizophrenia to the list of words whose meaning you never learned:

1. Heat
2. Fact
3. Schizophrenia

I really think you should have looked them up before you carelessly tried using them.

09-02-2021 03:39
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5682)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

So we can now add schizophrenia to the list of words whose meaning you never learned:

1. Heat
2. Fact
3. Schizophrenia

I really think you should have looked them up before you carelessly tried using them.

Time for your meds
09-02-2021 04:13
(14366)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:So we can now add schizophrenia to the list of words whose meaning you never learned:

1. Heat
2. Fact
3. Schizophrenia

Time for your meds

Time for your sedative.

Attached image:

09-02-2021 05:07
(14366)
James___ wrote:This suggests that something besides heat and gravity is influencing our atmosphere.

It must be dark matter ... from the dark web.

James___ wrote:It's as if the behavior of atmospheric gasses change.

Adolescence. Need I say more?

James___ wrote: By this I mean their spin might orient differently when the density of molecules drop below a certain threshold.

Might they "swing both ways"?

James___ wrote: Yet I will consider it possible that the Van Allen radiation belts could influence the gravitational field facing the Sun ever so slightly.

How do you know in which direction a gravitational field is facing? Really. How do you know?

Attached image:

09-02-2021 06:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:This suggests that something besides heat and gravity is influencing our atmosphere.

It must be dark matter ... from the dark web.

James___ wrote:It's as if the behavior of atmospheric gasses change.

Adolescence. Need I say more?

James___ wrote: By this I mean their spin might orient differently when the density of molecules drop below a certain threshold.

Might they "swing both ways"?

James___ wrote: Yet I will consider it possible that the Van Allen radiation belts could influence the gravitational field facing the Sun ever so slightly.

How do you know in which direction a gravitational field is facing? Really. How do you know?

Yep, I'm on the tarmac waiting for take off. Think it'll fly?
What I was actually thinking is the Sun's gravitational field. Dark matter explains spiral galaxies and Einstein's Theory of Relativity where he proved that light bends twice as much as what Newton's gravity allows for.
Because you brought the Moon into this, it always has one side facing the Sun. That never changes. Yet it orbits the Earth. This clearly shows that both gravitational fields affect its movement in space. Why not our atmosphere?
As Einstein posited, the Earth is creating a gravity well within another, much larger gravity well. Occam's Razor suggests that the simplest answer is correct.
In this instance, the Sun side of our atmosphere is in a denser gravitational field and is possibly attracted to it.
And on the dark side of the Earth, a less energetic gravitational field. For all anyone knows, the gravitational field closest to the Sun is merely creating "gravitational drag". Now see what you've made me do? I just had to coin a new term for 2 gravitational fields interacting with each other.

p.s., if you don't get it, the "dark side" of the Earth is "rolling with gravity". Very little friction as a result. About everything in our solar system rotates in a counterclockwise direction including the Sun. When the "sunny side" of the Earth rotates, it is moving in the opposite direction that the Sun itself is rotating in.
This is when/where "gravitational drag" would happen. And as we all know, friction generates heat.

Edited on 09-02-2021 07:04
09-02-2021 09:54
(14366)
James___ wrote: . About everything in our solar system rotates in a counterclockwise direction

This is because there is no such thing as observing from the opposite direction in a three-dimensional universe.

James___ wrote: And as we all know, friction generates heat.

09-02-2021 12:17
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1019)
James, I have to admit that I do not fully understand the mechanism how the moon drifts away from the earth but I know it is true. It has something to do with tides and rotational energy. My question on the other hand is about tidal lock. Eventually the earth and moon will reach to the tidal lock and moon stops drifting away from the sun. Is this tidal lock an absolute 100% lock or could it be that there are some tiny fluctuations from this lock that would cause "mini tides" and therefore also friction and heat that is caused by the mini tides. We know that energy is lost during the friction, my question is what energy is going to be lost? Kinetic energy of the earth and moon? Will they eventually stop moving? Would the moon start closing the earth then?
Edited on 09-02-2021 12:44
09-02-2021 13:29
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5682)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:So we can now add schizophrenia to the list of words whose meaning you never learned:

1. Heat
2. Fact
3. Schizophrenia

Time for your meds

Time for your sedative.

Tell us again that heat is not energy?
09-02-2021 13:32
(14366)
Swan wrote:Tell us again that heat is not energy?

Heat is not energy.

Learn some science.

09-02-2021 14:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5682)
IBdaMann wrote:

Heat is not energy.

Learn some science.

Heat is a form of energy that can be transferred from one object to another or even created at the expense of the loss of other forms of energy. To review, temperature is a measure of the ability of a substance, or more generally of any physical system, to transfer heat energy to another physical system.

Everyday Examples of Heat Energy
There are three basic ways to transfer heat energy: convection, conduction, and radiation. Convection transfers heat energy through gases or liquids. Conduction transfers heat energy from one solid to another. Radiation transfers heat in the form of waves or particles through places where there are no molecules. It is a form of electromagnetic energy. Here are some common examples of heat energy.

The biggest example of heat energy in our solar system is the sun itself. The sun radiates heat to warm us up on the planet earth.
When the burner of a stovetop is very hot, it is a source of heat energy. Anything placed onto the stovetop and warmed, whether a pot of tea or a skillet for frying eggs, also become sources of heat energy.
Automobile fuels such as gasoline are sources of heat energy, as is the hot engine of a racecar or a school bus.
A toaster is turned on and turns a piece of bread into a piece of toast. This is due to the radiant heat energy of the toast, which draws moisture from the bread and makes it crispy.
A hot cup of steaming cocoa contains heat energy.
Any fire, from the smallest match, to the fireplace, to the biggest forest fire ever, contains heat energy – with even the smallest of fires potentially resulting in the massive amount of heat energy seen in a huge blaze.
When ice is placed into a glass of water, the heat energy from the water eventually melts the ice, meaning the water itself is a source of heat energy.
A radiator or heating system in a home provides radiant heat energy to warm a house during those long, cold winter months.
Conventional ovens are sources of convection heat energy, causing the food placed into it to become hot and cook.
Your body contains heat energy that can warm a cold glass of lemonade, melt the ice on the other side of a window, and make someone else warm when you hug them.
Geothermal energy is a type of heat energy generated and stored beneath the surface of the Earth. This type of energy is used to heat homes and buildings.
A huge amount of heat energy is stored in a bolt of lightning, which can strike and start a fire or cause an electrical outage.
Heat energy is contained inside of a hot piece of pizza – if it doesn't cool down, that heat energy has the potential to hurt the roof of a person's mouth.
When your computer is turned on, the components inside of it generate heat energy, which needs to be cooled with a small fan installed within the machine.
A bathtub filled with hot water contains enough heat energy to warm a cold body back to a comfortable level on a frigid day.
There is heat energy inside a cat that can be transferred to a person when the warm animal jumps up onto his or her lap.

LOL, were you born dumb or did you study
Edited on 09-02-2021 14:02
09-02-2021 16:35
(14366)
Swan cited an erroneous source because he didn't know any better: Heat is a form of energy that can be transferred from one object to another or even created at the expense of the loss of other forms of energy. To review, temperature is a measure of the ability of a substance, or more generally of any physical system, to transfer heat energy to another physical system.

There are three basic ways to transfer heat energy: convection, conduction, and radiation. Convection transfers heat energy through gases or liquids. Conduction transfers heat energy from one solid to another. Radiation transfers heat in the form of waves or particles through places where there are no molecules. It is a form of electromagnetic energy. Here are some common examples of heat energy.

The biggest example of heat energy in our solar system is the sun itself. The sun radiates heat to warm us up on the planet earth.
When the burner of a stovetop is very hot, it is a source of heat energy. Anything placed onto the stovetop and warmed, whether a pot of tea or a skillet for frying eggs, also become sources of heat energy.
Automobile fuels such as gasoline are sources of heat energy, as is the hot engine of a racecar or a school bus.
A toaster is turned on and turns a piece of bread into a piece of toast. This is due to the radiant heat energy of the toast, which draws moisture from the bread and makes it crispy.

Any fire, from the smallest match, to the fireplace, to the biggest forest fire ever, contains heat energy – with even the smallest of fires potentially resulting in the massive amount of heat energy seen in a huge blaze.
When ice is placed into a glass of water, the heat energy from the water eventually melts the ice, meaning the water itself is a source of heat energy.
A radiator or heating system in a home provides radiant heat energy to warm a house during those long, cold winter months.
Conventional ovens are sources of convection heat energy, causing the food placed into it to become hot and cook.
Your body contains heat energy that can warm a cold glass of lemonade, melt the ice on the other side of a window, and make someone else warm when you hug them.

Geothermal energy is a type of heat energy generated and stored beneath the surface of the Earth. This type of energy is used to heat homes and buildings.
A huge amount of heat energy is stored in a bolt of lightning, which can strike and start a fire or cause an electrical outage.
Heat energy is contained inside of a hot piece of pizza – if it doesn't cool down, that heat energy has the potential to hurt the roof of a person's mouth.
When your computer is turned on, the components inside of it generate heat energy, which needs to be cooled with a small fan installed within the machine.
A bathtub filled with hot water contains enough heat energy to warm a cold body back to a comfortable level on a frigid day.
There is heat energy inside a cat that can be transferred to a person when the warm animal jumps up onto his or her lap.

LOL, One of the benefits of learning science is the ability to tell which sites and sources are correct and which ones get it wrong.

LOL you *still* haven't learned anything on this topic LOL, LOL, LOL, were you born dumb or did you study. LOL

Try again.

[hey dumbass, try looking at units of measure. Are you really so completely unable to learn anything?]

09-02-2021 17:19
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3302)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

1. Heat
2. Fact
3. Schizophrenia

Time for your meds

Time for your sedative.

Tell us again that heat is not energy?

Heat is not energy.

It is the flow of thermal energy...
09-02-2021 17:30
(3302)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Heat is not energy.

Learn some science.

DELETED ERRONEOUS COPY AND PASTED TEXT FROM A GOOGLE SEARCH

LOL, were you born dumb or did you study

I suggest not letting Google do your thinking for you.
09-02-2021 19:10
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Xadoman wrote:
James, I have to admit that I do not fully understand the mechanism how the moon drifts away from the earth but I know it is true. It has something to do with tides and rotational energy. My question on the other hand is about tidal lock. Eventually the earth and moon will reach to the tidal lock and moon stops drifting away from the sun. Is this tidal lock an absolute 100% lock or could it be that there are some tiny fluctuations from this lock that would cause "mini tides" and therefore also friction and heat that is caused by the mini tides. We know that energy is lost during the friction, my question is what energy is going to be lost? Kinetic energy of the earth and moon? Will they eventually stop moving? Would the moon start closing the earth then?

I'll answer this in the other thread.
09-02-2021 19:20
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5682)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan cited an erroneous source because he didn't know any better: Heat is a form of energy that can be transferred from one object to another or even created at the expense of the loss of other forms of energy. To review, temperature is a measure of the ability of a substance, or more generally of any physical system, to transfer heat energy to another physical system.

LOL, One of the benefits of learning science is the ability to tell which sites and sources are correct and which ones get it wrong.

LOL you *still* haven't learned anything on this topic LOL, LOL, LOL, were you born dumb or did you study. LOL

Try again.

[hey dumbass, try looking at units of measure. Are you really so completely unable to learn anything?]

Lol can you tell us again that heat is not energy, that was pretty funny
09-02-2021 19:41
(3302)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Try again.

Heat is not energy.

Heat is the flow of thermal energy.
09-02-2021 19:54
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
Why does my microwave have a reheat button?
09-02-2021 21:52
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:

Heat is the flow of thermal energy.

Since KE = 3/2kT , any decrease in T shows that heat is energy. And that it's energy is directly related to the loss of KE in a mol of ideal gas.

To be technical, if the temperature drops 1kelvin (a kelvin = 1º C.) then the heat emitted has the equivalent value of KE = 3/2k1.
And that value is 2.0709678×10²³ joules/kelvin. As you can clearly see, heat as in 1 kelvin or 1º C. has a specific value of energy relative to Boltzmann's ideal gas law. Just trying to be a good Christian and help my brother.

Edited on 09-02-2021 22:06
09-02-2021 23:32
(21552)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Heat is not energy.

Learn some science.

Heat is a form of energy

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
that can be transferred from one object to another or even created at the expense of the loss of other forms of energy.

Heat is not transferred. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
To review, temperature is a measure of the ability of a substance, or more generally of any physical system, to transfer heat energy to another physical system.

Not the definition of temperature. See the 0th law of thermodynamics. Heat is not energy. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
There are three basic ways to transfer heat energy: convection, conduction, and radiation.

Heat is not energy or transferable.
Swan wrote:
Convection transfers heat energy through gases or liquids. Conduction transfers heat energy from one solid to another. Radiation transfers heat in the form of waves or particles through places where there are no molecules. It is a form of electromagnetic energy. Here are some common examples of heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:

Heat is not energy in the Sun.
Swan wrote:
When the burner of a stovetop is very hot, it is a source of heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
Anything placed onto the stovetop and warmed, whether a pot of tea or a skillet for frying eggs, also become sources of heat energy.

Heat is not energy. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:

Heat is not a chemical. Heat has no temperature. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:

Heat is not energy. There is no such thing as 'radiant heat energy'.
Swan wrote:

Heat is not energy. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:

Heat has no temperature. Heat is not energy. Heat is not a chemical. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:

Heat is not contained in anything. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:

Heat is not energy. Heat has no temperature.
Swan wrote:
...deleted numerous other 'examples'...

Heat is not energy. Heat is not contained in anything. Heat has no temperature.

There is no such thing as 'heat energy'. Heat is not energy. Heat is not contained in anything. Heat has no temperature. See the 2nd law of thermodynamics for the concept of 'heat'.

The Parrot Killer

09-02-2021 23:33
(21552)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Try again.

Heat is not energy. Heat is not contained in anything. Heat has no temperature. See the 2nd law of thermodynamics for the concept of 'heat'.

The Parrot Killer

09-02-2021 23:34
(21552)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Why does my microwave have a reheat button?

Marketing. So you can reheat your food.

The Parrot Killer

Page 1 of 4123>>>

Join the debate The Atmosphere and Heat:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Layers of the Atmosphere as Viewed in Blue2227-01-2024 23:16
Some can take the heat, and214-10-2023 13:26
upper atmosphere temp21207-10-2023 19:02
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
caest iron heat stoerage804-08-2021 06:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact