Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:No place in the universe is devoid of temperature.

False.

All places devoid of matter are similarly devoid of temperature.

I presume that the Democrat Party has ordered you to believe what you believe without question under threats of being ostracized by mindless LGBTQIAZombies everywhere.

Your religion is WACKED.

No place in the universe is devoid of temperature and you can not prove any different. Now it could be said that the actual temp can not be known without a scale of some sort, but the temp is still real whether known or not.

Yawn

Tell me something Swan, or anyone...

If heat is the flow of thermal energy,
and temperature is the measure of thermal energy,
how does heat flow into nothing?

Nothing does not exist, in fact nothing is an impossibility.

Then why is there a word for it??

Because even though a bank vault may contain nothing of value the bank vault itself is still something, if the bank is leveled and hauled away there is still the land, even if the Earth is blown up there is still space, so nothing is an impossibility much like you ever being rational
So you decided to lock yourself in yet another paradox. Irrational.

Again nothing is an impossibility.

Repeating your paradox does not clear your paradox. Irrational.

Is nothingness impossible?

Therefore absolute nothingness is impossible. One more point "nothingness" means "there not being anything (not something)", and "be (being)" means "existence", which according to your definition is an attribute - and an attribute can only be an attribute of something (anything).

So even empty space is something which makes nothing impossible.

Yawning
01-06-2022 18:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Pay closer attention to the details.

Heat is the flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. Thermal radiation (electromagnetic radiation) radiating off into space is not heat if no body of matter is specified to be increasing in temperature from receiving a flow of thermal energy from the originating body.

Yes, temperature is the measure of thermal energy over the mass of a body of matter. Only matter can have associated thermal energy and thus, only matter has temperature.

Heat only flows into matter. Heat does not flow into non-matter. "Nothing"(null) is a member of
the set " non-matter and cannot receive any flow of thermal energy.

Dude if that were true then no heat could be lost in space and there would be no way for a human body to freeze as it's heat could not radiate away into nothing. LOL what your post here are is actually a form of masturbation as you fantasize that everyone else is wrong and that you are the supreme scientist.

It's ok, just take the abilify on time every day

Heat is not lost to anywhere. Heat has no temperature. Heat is not contained in anything.

The human body contains and makes heat, that said according to you heat of the human body can not be transmitted into space.

Can you please personally demonstrate this?

I need a laugh
01-06-2022 21:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:No place in the universe is devoid of temperature.

False.

All places devoid of matter are similarly devoid of temperature.

I presume that the Democrat Party has ordered you to believe what you believe without question under threats of being ostracized by mindless LGBTQIAZombies everywhere.

Your religion is WACKED.

No place in the universe is devoid of temperature and you can not prove any different. Now it could be said that the actual temp can not be known without a scale of some sort, but the temp is still real whether known or not.

Yawn

Nothing does not exist, in fact nothing is an impossibility.

Then why is there a word for it??

Because even though a bank vault may contain nothing of value the bank vault itself is still something, if the bank is leveled and hauled away there is still the land, even if the Earth is blown up there is still space, so nothing is an impossibility much like you ever being rational
So you decided to lock yourself in yet another paradox. Irrational.

Again nothing is an impossibility.

Repeating your paradox does not clear your paradox. Irrational.

Is nothingness impossible?

RQAA.
Swan wrote:
Therefore absolute nothingness is impossible. One more point "nothingness" means "there not being anything (not something)", and "be (being)" means "existence", which according to your definition is an attribute - and an attribute can only be an attribute of something (anything).

Irrational. You are still locked in paradox.
Swan wrote:
So even empty space is something which makes nothing impossible.

Paradox. Irrational.
Swan wrote:
Yawning

Get some sleep. You are being irrational.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-06-2022 21:37
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Heat is the flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. Thermal radiation (electromagnetic radiation) radiating off into space is not heat if no body of matter is specified to be increasing in temperature from receiving a flow of thermal energy from the originating body.

Yes, temperature is the measure of thermal energy over the mass of a body of matter. Only matter can have associated thermal energy and thus, only matter has temperature.

Heat only flows into matter. Heat does not flow into non-matter. "Nothing"(null) is a member of

Dude if that were true then no heat could be lost in space and there would be no way for a human body to freeze as it's heat could not radiate away into nothing. LOL what your post here are is actually a form of masturbation as you fantasize that everyone else is wrong and that you are the supreme scientist.

Heat is not lost to anywhere. Heat has no temperature. Heat is not contained in anything.

The human body contains and makes heat,

Heat is not contained in anything. It is not made. It simply exists, or it doesn't (heat = zero).
Swan wrote:
that said according to you heat of the human body

Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
can not be transmitted into space.

Word stuffing. I never said any such thing.
Swan wrote:

I need a laugh

Demonstrate what? These are YOUR words, not mine.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-06-2022 00:06
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

The human body contains and makes heat,

Heat is not contained in anything. It is not made. It simply exists, or it doesn't (heat = zero).
Swan wrote:
that said according to you heat of the human body

Swan wrote:
can not be transmitted into space.

Word stuffing. I never said any such thing.
Swan wrote:

I need a laugh

Do you ever wish that your mother did not smoke crack while she was preggy with you?

How is heat produced?
Heat can be produced in many ways such as burning, rubbing, and mixing one substance with another. Heat can move from one object to another by conduction.
02-06-2022 01:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
Swan wrote:Dude if that were true

Wrong words.

Correct words: "Dude, since that is true ... "

Swan wrote: ... then no heat could be lost in space ...

Wrong words. You still don't know what heat is, have no intention of learning and nonetheless insist on disrupting the discussion at the adults' table.

Correct words: "... then there is no heat without identifying a body of matter to receive the thermal energy from the originating body ... "

Swan wrote: ... and there would be no way for a human body to freeze as it's heat could not radiate away into nothing.

Wrong words. You still don't know what heat is, have no intention of learning and I'm just repeating myself.

Correct words: "... and of course a human body can lose thermal energy to surrounding colder matter."

Swan wrote: LOL, what I post here will never show any signs of intelligence because it's all coming from me. BWAHAHAHAH!"

You got me there.

After you learn what "heat" is, you should try to figure out what "amphibious" means without any outside help.
02-06-2022 01:18
(14414)

Wrong words.

Wrong words. You still don't know what heat is, have no intention of learning and nonetheless insist on disrupting the discussion at the adults' table.

Correct words: "... then there is no heat without identifying a body of matter to receive the thermal energy from the originating body ... "

Swan wrote: ... and there would be no way for a human body to freeze as it's heat could not radiate away into nothing.

Wrong words. You still don't know what heat is, have no intention of learning and I'm just repeating myself.

Correct words: "... and of course a human body can lose thermal energy to surrounding colder matter."

Swan wrote: LOL, what I post here will never show any signs of intelligence because it's all coming from me. BWAHAHAHAH!"

You got me there.

After you learn what "heat" is, you should try to figure out what "amphibious" means without any outside help.
02-06-2022 01:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:

Wrong words.

You got me there.

Says the clown who quotes my every word as though anyone cares enough to read it.

Unfortunately I own you
02-06-2022 02:43
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Not only did I read every word, I entirely appreciate every word.

I think heat is not only the most misused word in the English language, but also one of the most misunderstood by people who should know better.

So thank you Into the Night and IBdaMann for your continuous educatiing. Every time I think I have a good handle on the word "heat", you guys teach me something new. Thanks again.
02-06-2022 06:45
(21599)
GasGuzzler wrote:

I think heat is not only the most misused word in the English language, but also one of the most misunderstood by people who should know better.

So thank you Into the Night and IBdaMann for your continuous educatiing. Every time I think I have a good handle on the word "heat", you guys teach me something new. Thanks again.

*humble bow*
...and thanks!

The Parrot Killer

02-06-2022 06:47
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Do you ever wish that your mother did not smoke crack while she was preggy with you?

Insult people gets you nowhere.
Swan wrote:
How is heat produced?

It isn't.
Swan wrote:
Heat can be produced in many ways such as burning, rubbing, and mixing one substance with another. Heat can move from one object to another by conduction.

Heat is not contained in anything. Heat isn't 'produced'. It simply is, or it isn't.
Heat does not move from one object to another.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 02-06-2022 06:48
02-06-2022 14:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:
How is heat produced?

It isn't.
Swan wrote:

Heat is not contained in anything. Heat isn't 'produced'. It simply is, or it isn't.

LOL heat certainly does move from one object to another thru convection, which is how nuclear power plants produce and move the heat that turns the turbines which in turn produce electricity.

Yawn, but you keep on babbling
02-06-2022 14:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Well being as you are all the same schizzo in the first place why do you need to reread what you just wrote under a different name?

CIAO
02-06-2022 19:36
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:
How is heat produced?

It isn't.
Swan wrote:

LOL heat certainly does move from one object to another thru convection,

Swan wrote:
which is how nuclear power plants produce and move the heat

Heat is not contained in anything. Nuclear power plants do not move heat around.
Swan wrote:
that turns the turbines

Turbines are turned by steam, not heat.
Swan wrote:
which in turn produce electricity.

At least you got this part right.
Swan wrote:

You are describing yourself again. You still have no clue what 'heat' is, even though IBdaMann has clearly described it to you.

The Parrot Killer

02-06-2022 19:37
(21599)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Well being as you are all the same schizzo in the first place why do you need to reread what you just wrote under a different name?

CIAO

YALSA. Are you going to go down the road to this hallucination again?

The Parrot Killer

02-06-2022 20:35
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:
How is heat produced?

It isn't.
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Heat is not contained in anything. Nuclear power plants do not move heat around.
Swan wrote:
that turns the turbines

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

You are describing yourself again. You still have no clue what 'heat' is, even though IBdaMann has clearly described it to you.

Actually nuclear decay produces heat, that heats water producing steam

Here are the 8 steps involved in generating nuclear energy.

1 The reaction is triggered. ...
2 Water is heated. ...
3 Hot water is circulated. ...
4 Steam is created. ...
5 Steam energy is converted to electrical energy. ...
6 Electrical energy is passed to the user. ...
7 Electricity is sent through power lines to where it is needed. ...
8 The steam is cooled and recycled.

You really need to stop frustrating yourself doc
02-06-2022 21:23
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Swan wrote:

Fine. I'll go total schizzo on your retired lazy ass.

1. A blanket keep you warm by reducing heat.

2. An air conditioner cools by an increase in heat.

Enjoy!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
02-06-2022 22:06
(14414)
GasGuzzler wrote:Fine. I'll go total schizzo on your retired lazy ass.

Enjoy!

Great post. If that's what it means to go total schizzo then I need to get me summa'dat.

The truly wondrous aspect of air conditioners is that they transfer thermal energy from cold to warm by transferring thermal energy from warm to cold.

Think about it.
03-06-2022 00:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Great post. If that's what it means to go total schizzo then I need to get me summa'dat.

The truly wondrous aspect of air conditioners is that they transfer thermal energy from cold to warm by transferring thermal energy from warm to cold.

Think about it.

Actually, air conditioners do not cool hot air. Rather, they remove heat to create cooler air temperatures.
03-06-2022 00:55
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Actually, air conditioners do not cool hot air. Rather, they remove heat to create cooler air temperatures.

Still no discernable understanding of heat.
Air conditioners INCREASE heat. Heat connot be removed from anything. That includes your moraine farms. Yawn. Lol.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
03-06-2022 01:36
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Air conditioners INCREASE heat. Heat connot be removed from anything. That includes your moraine farms. Yawn. Lol.

LOL explain that to hvac.com

https://www.hvac.com/air-conditioners/air-conditioning-work/

Air conditioners remove heat
Air conditioners do not cool hot air. Rather, they remove heat to create cooler air temperatures. Although it may feel as though the air blowing out your floor, ceiling, or wall vents has been through a freezer, in fact, the heat has simply been removed. Here's how an air conditioner works to remove heat:

Air conditioning removes heat from a location by drawing air with excess heat in through a vent. Here, an evaporator coil absorbs heat from the air. When it meets the air, the liquid refrigerant inside the heat-absorbing evaporator coil changes into a gas and continues to the compressor.
The compressor then tightly squeezes this gas form between two solid objects, which raises the pressure and temperature of the refrigerant (now a superheated gas), and readies it for the condenser.
The refrigerant next travels outside the home, where it is introduced to the outside air. The outside air absorbs the heat from the superheated gas, lowering the temperature and causing the refrigerant to shift from a vapor state to a liquid so it can return to the indoors and keep the home cool.

If you keep this up doc, you will get really really frustrated
03-06-2022 02:21
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Air conditioners do not cool hot air. Rather, they remove heat to create cooler air temperatures. Although it may feel as though the air blowing out your floor, ceiling, or wall vents has been through a freezer, in fact, the heat has simply been removed. Here's how an air conditioner works to remove heat:

Air conditioning removes heat from a location by drawing air with excess heat in through a vent. Here, an evaporator coil absorbs heat from the air. When it meets the air, the liquid refrigerant inside the heat-absorbing evaporator coil changes into a gas and continues to the compressor.
The compressor then tightly squeezes this gas form between two solid objects, which raises the pressure and temperature of the refrigerant (now a superheated gas), and readies it for the condenser.
The refrigerant next travels outside the home, where it is introduced to the outside air. The outside air absorbs the heat from the superheated gas, lowering the temperature and causing the refrigerant to shift from a vapor state to a liquid so it can return to the indoors and keep the home cool.

Lol. I AM an HVAC technician. You and the author of your copynpaste don't understand what heat is. Furthermore, the author also fails to mention decompression, which is at the beginning of the evaporator coil. This is what actually makes the coolant and coil cold so the heat can increase.

Enjoy!

Edited on 03-06-2022 03:01
03-06-2022 02:59
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Lol. I AM an HAVAC technician. You and the author of your copynpaste don't understand what heat is. Furthermore, the author also fails to mention decompression, which is at the beginning of the evaporator coil. This is what actually makes the coolant and coil cold so the heat can increase.

Enjoy!

Nice try retard, it's HVAC not HAVAC. Mr. technician

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Again air conditioners do not make cold or heat, what they do is dump heat outdoors which results in cool indoors.

So take your pills you little government worker fart
Edited on 03-06-2022 03:01
03-06-2022 03:05
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Lol. I AM an HAVAC technician. You and the author of your copynpaste don't understand what heat is. Furthermore, the author also fails to mention decompression, which is at the beginning of the evaporator coil. This is what actually makes the coolant and coil cold so the heat can increase.

Enjoy!

Again air conditioners do not make cold or heat, what they do is dump heat outdoors which results in cool indoors.

Hey, it's been a rough day without my reading glasses. I was able to edit for you though, so you shouldn't have any excuse for more skid marks in your britches this evening. You are welcome.

Oh, and heat also cannot be dumped.

Edited on 03-06-2022 03:06
03-06-2022 03:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Enjoy!

Hey, it's been a rough day without my reading glasses. I was able to to edit for you though, so you shouldn't have any excuse for more skid marks in your britches this evening. You are welcome.

Actually I corrected you, because you have no idea how any modern appliance works. I could build, repair or reprogram anything on the fly and air conditioners dump heat whether you can accept that or not.

But then you are the HAVAC technician not me

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

PS. Do you have a law degree? because they are the most fun to take apart

PSS. Sorry I forgot you have a HAVAC degree

Edited on 03-06-2022 03:18
03-06-2022 03:25
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Enjoy!

Hey, it's been a rough day without my reading glasses. I was able to to edit for you though, so you shouldn't have any excuse for more skid marks in your britches this evening. You are welcome.

Actually I corrected you, because you have no idea how any modern appliance works. I could build, repair or reprogram anything on the fly and air conditioners dump heat whether you can accept that or not.

Happy customers and nice paychecks say quite differently.

Possibly heat can be dumped. Are your britches warm?

No, heat cannot be dumped, removed, trapped, or contained.

03-06-2022 03:35
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Enjoy!

So you really package happy meals for McDoodles

Finally an honest answer

As for head dumping there are actually many ways to do it and this happens all around us all every day. But then you are a certified HAVAC technician, when you are not designing rockets for Space X that is.

Get tested

https://www.pmengineer.com/articles/89894-heat-dump-options-for-solar-thermal-systems

Heat Dump Options For Solar Thermal Systems

The most common type of solar thermal system uses a closed-loop circuit between the collector array and storage tank heat exchanger. In some systems that heat exchanger is located within the tank. In other systems an external heat exchanger with two circulators is used.

One characteristic of nearly all solar thermal systems is that heat production exceeds the load during warm weather. Imagine a stretch of sunny days with high temperatures of 90º F or more. The collectors are adding copious amounts of heat to the antifreeze solution passing through them. By mid-afternoon, the storage tank may be approaching 180º F. Next, mix in the possibility the family who lives in the house with this system is on vacation and thus not using any of the available hot water. It's easy to see this scenario leading to the opening of the tank's P&T relief valve, resulting in a basement full of steam.

Every solar DHW or combisystem (DHW and space heating) should include a method for dealing with overheating. This is especially true of closed-loop systems using glycol-based antifreeze fluids. Many systems of this type employ a method of routing surplus heat from the collector array to some type of "heat dump" where it can be dissipated to the outdoor environment.

Nocturnal Cooling
One relatively simple method of cooling a storage tank in a solar domestic water heating system is to circulate the collector loop whenever the collector temperature is a few degrees lower than the tank. In this mode, the collector array serves as a heatemitterrather than a heat collector. The system controller initiates this mode when it determines that both of the following conditions are present:

A.The tank temperature is at or above a high limit setting (typically around 180º F).
B.The collector temperature is a few degrees (typically about 10º F) lower than this high limit.

Once this mode is initiated, the controller operates the collector circulator until the tank cools to a lower setpoint of around 140º F to 150ºF, at which point the heat dump mode ends. Although it may not seem to be the best way to conserve energy (thermal and electrical), nocturnal cooling is an effective way to prevent accelerated chemical degradation of glycol-based collector fluids.

Nocturnal cooling will only work in systems using flat-plate collectors. The vacuum envelope of evacuated tube collectors - the same detail thatretainsheat under desirable operating conditions - essentially prevents any significant heat loss should warm water get pumped through the tubes at night.

Diversionary Tactics
Another approach to heat dumping uses a diverter valve to reroute the hot antifreeze solution returning from the collector array once the storage tank has reached a set upper limit. The schematic inFigure 1shows this method employed to dump excess heat into a swimming pool via a separate heat exchanger.

Notice that a flow switch is used to verify flow of pool water through the heat exchanger during this mode. It obviously makes no sense to pump hot antifreeze through one side of the heat exchanger without pool water flowing through the other side.

But you invented that and obviously the author is wrong.

CIAO
03-06-2022 03:50
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Enjoy!

Finally an honest answer

As for head dumping there are actually many ways to do it and this happens all around us all every day. But then you are a certified HAVAC technician,

Now head dumping is something I suspect you are an expert at. What do you typically dump your head in?

03-06-2022 04:17
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
The sun and the moon radiate everywhere in the universe, so there is no where in the universe where there is no heat.

Absolute zero doesn't exist, right IBM?

03-06-2022 04:33
(14414)
Spongy Iris wrote:The sun and the moon radiate everywhere in the universe,

No. That statement is moderately brain-dead.

Spongy Iris wrote:... so there is no where in the universe where there is no heat.

There is no heat where there is no matter.

Wherever there is no matter, heat does not apply and does not exist.

You really should learn what heat is. You seem clueless. This might be the reason why you make some rather brainless comments.

Seriously, learn what heat is.

Spongy Iris wrote:Absolute zero doesn't exist, right IBM?

We presume that none exists. There might be large reserves of matter at absolute zero somewhere in the universe but whether there is or not, we remain unaffected by that example of Schroedinger's cat. We cannot observe it and we have know way of collapsing that wave function (finding out).

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-06-2022 12:50
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:The sun and the moon radiate everywhere in the universe,

No. That statement is moderately brain-dead.

Spongy Iris wrote:... so there is no where in the universe where there is no heat.

There is no heat where there is no matter.

Wherever there is no matter, heat does not apply and does not exist.

You really should learn what heat is. You seem clueless. This might be the reason why you make some rather brainless comments.

Seriously, learn what heat is.

Spongy Iris wrote:Absolute zero doesn't exist, right IBM?

We presume that none exists. There might be large reserves of matter at absolute zero somewhere in the universe but whether there is or not, we remain unaffected by that example of Schroedinger's cat. We cannot observe it and we have know way of collapsing that wave function (finding out).

I wonder if you will ever truly join the conversation of life, or merely exist in your fantasies forever?

Do whatever you are told, as this is your only skill
03-06-2022 19:19
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:
How is heat produced?

It isn't.
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:
that turns the turbines

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Actually nuclear decay produces heat,

No. Nuclear decay is energy.
Swan wrote:
that heats water producing steam

Here are the 8 steps involved in generating nuclear energy.

1 The reaction is triggered. ...

You do not need to trigger nuclear decay. It just happens.
Swan wrote:
2 Water is heated. ...
3 Hot water is circulated. ...
4 Steam is created. ...

You can't create steam. You can heat water so it becomes steam, but you cannot create it.
Swan wrote:
5 Steam energy is converted to electrical energy. ...

Steam is not energy.
Swan wrote:
6 Electrical energy is passed to the user. ...
7 Electricity is sent through power lines to where it is needed. ...
8 The steam is cooled and recycled.

Apparently you haven't figured out that steam and water are the same thing.
Swan wrote:
You really need to stop frustrating yourself doc

Hey...I'm not the one that doesn't understand how a steam engine works or what heat is.

The Parrot Killer

03-06-2022 19:20
(21599)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:

Fine. I'll go total schizzo on your retired lazy ass.

Enjoy!

Absolutely correct. Wonderfully said.

The Parrot Killer

03-06-2022 19:20
(21599)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

You cannot remove heat. Heat is not contained in anything.

The Parrot Killer

03-06-2022 19:35
(21599)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Well I certainly wouldn't hire these guys. They don't know how an air conditioner works.
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:
Air conditioners do not cool hot air.

Yes they do. That's their purpose.
Swan wrote:
Rather, they remove heat to create cooler air temperatures.

Heat is not contained in anything. Heat has no temperature.
Swan wrote:
Although it may feel as though the air blowing out your floor, ceiling, or wall vents has been through a freezer, in fact, the heat has simply been removed.

Heat is not contained in anything. You cannot remove heat.
Swan wrote:
Here's how an air conditioner works to remove heat:

Not possible.
Swan wrote:
Air conditioning removes heat from a location by drawing air with excess heat

There is no such thing as excess heat. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
in through a vent. Here, an evaporator coil absorbs heat from the air.

Heat is not contained in the air.
Swan wrote:
When it meets the air, the liquid refrigerant inside the heat-absorbing evaporator coil changes into a gas and continues to the compressor.

The refrigerant NEVER MEETS THE AIR. That would destroy the system. This is not when refrigerant becomes a gas.
Swan wrote:
The compressor then tightly squeezes this gas form between two solid objects, which raises the pressure and temperature of the refrigerant (now a superheated gas),

No. Just a hot gas, almost a liquid.
Swan wrote:
and readies it for the condenser.

Which is where the hot gas becomes a liquid.
Swan wrote:
The refrigerant next travels outside the home, where it is introduced to the outside air.

The condenser is outside the home already. So is the pump.
Swan wrote:
The outside air absorbs the heat from the superheated gas, lowering the temperature and causing the refrigerant to shift from a vapor state to a liquid so it can return to the indoors and keep the home cool.

The refrigerant is a liquid at this point. It has no contact with air. It does not contain heat. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:

It's not my fault you have no idea how air conditioning works. Your plumbing is wrong, for one thing. Heat is not contained in anything.

The Parrot Killer

03-06-2022 19:37
(21599)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Lol. I AM an HVAC technician. You and the author of your copynpaste don't understand what heat is. Furthermore, the author also fails to mention decompression, which is at the beginning of the evaporator coil. This is what actually makes the coolant and coil cold so the heat can increase.

Enjoy!

Maybe he has no orifice. He's full of shit.

The Parrot Killer

03-06-2022 19:41
(21599)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Enjoy!

Word stuffing. You changed his post and are trying to be a grammar cop for YOUR CHANGE.
Heat is not contained in anything. You can't 'dump' it.
Heat has no temperature.
Air conditions do not make heat. They increase heat. They do not make cold. They increase heat. An air conditioner is a conveyor system for thermal energy. They do not reduce entropy. They can't.

The Parrot Killer

03-06-2022 19:42
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Enjoy!

Maybe he has no orifice. He's full of shit.

Great point! He may also be lacking a set of capillaries upstairs.

03-06-2022 19:44
(21599)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]GasGuzzler wrote:Fine. I'll go total schizzo on your retired lazy ass.

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Swan wrote:

Enjoy!

Actually I corrected you, because you have no idea how any modern appliance works.

No. That apparently is you.
Swan wrote:
I could build, repair or reprogram anything on the fly

Lie. Arrogance.
Swan wrote:
and air conditioners dump heat whether you can accept that or not.

Not possible. You cannot dump heat. Heat is not contained in anything. There are no little piles of heat anywhere.
Swan wrote:
But then you are the HAVAC technician not me

PS. Do you have a law degree? because they are the most fun to take apart

PSS. Sorry I forgot you have a HAVAC degree

Insult fallacies. Arrogance.

The Parrot Killer

03-06-2022 20:06
(21599)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

Think about it.

Enjoy!

Finally an honest answer

As for head dumping there are actually many ways to do it and this happens all around us all every day.

Not possible. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
But then you are a certified HAVAC technician,

Word stuffing.
Swan wrote:
when you are not designing rockets for Space X that is.

Straw man fallacy.
Swan wrote:
Get tested

For what?
Swan wrote:
...deleted Holy Link...
Heat Dump Options For Solar Thermal Systems

Heat is not contained in anything. You can't dump it.
Swan wrote:
The most common type of solar thermal system uses a closed-loop circuit between the collector array and storage tank heat exchanger.

Meh. You are going to copy and paste yet another appliance and you have no idea how it works.
Swan wrote:
In some systems that heat exchanger is located within the tank.

So?
Swan wrote:
In other systems an external heat exchanger with two circulators is used.

So?
Swan wrote:
One characteristic of nearly all solar thermal systems is that heat production exceeds the load during warm weather.

Heat is not produced. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
Imagine a stretch of sunny days with high temperatures of 90º F or more. The collectors are adding copious amounts of heat to the antifreeze solution passing through them.

You cannot add heat to a container. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
By mid-afternoon, the storage tank may be approaching 180º F. Next, mix in the possibility the family who lives in the house with this system is on vacation and thus not using any of the available hot water. It's easy to see this scenario leading to the opening of the tank's P&T relief valve, resulting in a basement full of steam.

Water does not boil at 180 deg F at sea level pressure (29.92Hg).
Swan wrote:
Every solar DHW or combisystem (DHW and space heating) should include a method for dealing with overheating. This is especially true of closed-loop systems using glycol-based antifreeze fluids. Many systems of this type employ a method of routing surplus heat from the collector array to some type of "heat dump" where it can be dissipated to the outdoor environment.

You cannot dump heat. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
Nocturnal Cooling
One relatively simple method of cooling a storage tank in a solar domestic water heating system is to circulate the collector loop whenever the collector temperature is a few degrees lower than the tank. In this mode, the collector array serves as a heatemitterrather than a heat collector. The system controller initiates this mode when it determines that both of the following conditions are present:

Heat is not a mitt. Oven mitts reduce heat, just like a blanket.
Swan wrote:
A.The tank temperature is at or above a high limit setting (typically around 180º F).
B.The collector temperature is a few degrees (typically about 10º F) lower than this high limit.

Once this mode is initiated, the controller operates the collector circulator until the tank cools to a lower setpoint of around 140º F to 150ºF, at which point the heat dump mode ends.

You cannot dump heat. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
Although it may not seem to be the best way to conserve energy (thermal and electrical),

Energy is always conserved. You don't have a choice.
Swan wrote:
nocturnal cooling is an effective way to prevent accelerated chemical degradation of glycol-based collector fluids.

Glycol is not degraded by temperatures below 500 deg F. It is degraded by bacteria and contamination. It can be recycled by heating it to 400 deg F, killing the bacteria and removing all the water. Most people just dump it since this process is more expensive than it's worth.
Swan wrote:
Nocturnal cooling will only work in systems using flat-plate collectors. The vacuum envelope of evacuated tube collectors - the same detail thatretainsheat under desirable operating conditions - essentially prevents any significant heat loss should warm water get pumped through the tubes at night.

Diversionary Tactics
Another approach to heat dumping uses a diverter valve to reroute the hot antifreeze solution returning from the collector array once the storage tank has reached a set upper limit. The schematic inFigure 1shows this method employed to dump excess heat into a swimming pool via a separate heat exchanger.

Notice that a flow switch is used to verify flow of pool water through the heat exchanger during this mode. It obviously makes no sense to pump hot antifreeze through one side of the heat exchanger without pool water flowing through the other side.

But you invented that and obviously the author is wrong.

CIAO

You cannot contain heat in anything. YOU are wrong. The articles you keep making Holy Links to you do not understand, and yes...the author is often wrong.

The Parrot Killer

Page 4 of 9<<<23456>>>

Join the debate Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof that the vengeance of God is real. Pfizer building destroyed621-07-2023 21:38
Proof that a gas stove ban is nonsense, and that dempcraps are retards425-06-2023 12:58
Proof that ai is totally fake, because if it was real, you would not need a mouse, because407-06-2023 14:13
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact