★★★★★
(2151)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Well I was correct the first time.

As always.

God you are cute when you stomp your little feets

No stomping here, just laughter at the schizophrenic's wanton denial based ramblings. Now you be a good girl and do as you are told

I think it's obvious. We all know that ITN is a Shadow Warrior but he can't let us know because it's a secret.
With IBDM, a lot of talent and what he's doing here I really don't know.
26-05-2022 14:39
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Says the crack addict who refuses to accept that space has a multitude of temperatures depending on where one is in space.

Obviously, I went too fast for you. Let me go more slowly.

O n l y - m a t t e r - c a n - h a v e - t e m p e r a t u r e .

T h e r m a l - e n e r g y - g i v e s - m a t t e r - t e m p e r a t u r e .

A i r - i s - g o o d .

Remember the ancient Chinese proverb:

Four padded walls do not a prison make -anonymous.

Baby steps.

Actually matter merely reflects the temperature of it's surroundings. So space has a variety of temperatures.

130, verified
26-05-2022 17:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Says the crack addict who refuses to accept that space has a multitude of temperatures depending on where one is in space.

A i r - i s - g o o d .

Baby steps.

Actually matter merely reflects the temperature of it's surroundings. So space has a variety of temperatures.

130, verified

Space has no temperature. Space is not matter.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-05-2022 17:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
Swan wrote:Actually matter merely reflects the temperature of it's surroundings.

No, it does not. You are conflating matter in a vacuum with matter amidst other matter that is assuming an ambient temperature via conduction.

Swan wrote: So space has a variety of temperatures.

I'll try to go even more slowly.

O . n . l . y . . . m . a . t . t . e . r . . . c . a . n

. . . h . a . v . e . . . t . e. m . p . e . r . a . t . u . r . e

Baby steps.

You can stand up and back away from the credenza now.

26-05-2022 19:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

A i r - i s - g o o d .

Baby steps.

130, verified

Matter in space merely takes on the temperature of the space around it. As an iron meteor in deep space is -455F, if it falls to Earth it will be the temp of the area around it likely 0F to 100F, if the meteor was caught up in Earth gravity during the formation of the planet and now is at the Earth's core it will be over 9,000F.

Next baby fart, from the toddler science fair

You must have lots of fun twirling your oversize down syndrome tongue
26-05-2022 21:21
(14377)
Swan wrote:Matter in space merely takes on the temperature of the space around it.

It will achieve thermal equilibrium with any other matter around it, but any vacuum around any matter will have no temperature. Only matter can have temperature.

Swan wrote: As an iron meteor in deep space is -455F,

An iron meteor is made of matter, if you haven't noticed. Matter that is surrounded by a vacuum will simply radiate away energy and will become colder. Matter becoming colder does not somehow give temperature to any surrounding vacuum. Only matter can have temperature.

Swan wrote:if it falls to Earth it will be the temp of the area around it likely 0F to 100F,

If it falls to earth, it will experience much higher temperatures from the friction of entry.

Upon striking the ground (or landing in the ocean) conduction (and likely convection as well) will occur and affect its temperature.

Swan wrote:if the meteor was caught up in Earth gravity during the formation of the planet and now is at the Earth's core it will be over 9,000F.

Is there are reason you have digressed into discussing temperature change in matter? How does the temperature change in matter translate, in your mind, to non-matter somehow having temperature?

Baby steps.
26-05-2022 22:52
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

A i r - i s - g o o d .

Baby steps.

130, verified

Matter in space merely takes on the temperature of the space around it.

Space has no temperature.
Swan wrote:
As an iron meteor in deep space is -455F,

How do you know? Did you measure all iron meteors?
Swan wrote:
if it falls to Earth it will be the temp of the area around it likely 0F to 100F,

If?? It's not a meteor unless it is falling towards Earth. Space has no temperature.
Swan wrote:
if the meteor was caught up in Earth gravity during the formation of the planet and now is at the Earth's core it will be over 9,000F.

Then it's not a meteor.
Swan wrote:
Next baby fart, from the toddler science fair

You must have lots of fun twirling your oversize down syndrome tongue

Insult fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-05-2022 01:28
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Matter in space merely takes on the temperature of the space around it.

It will achieve thermal equilibrium with any other matter around it, but any vacuum around any matter will have no temperature. Only matter can have temperature.

An iron meteor is made of matter, if you haven't noticed. Matter that is surrounded by a vacuum will simply radiate away energy and will become colder. Matter becoming colder does not somehow give temperature to any surrounding vacuum. Only matter can have temperature.

Swan wrote:if it falls to Earth it will be the temp of the area around it likely 0F to 100F,

If it falls to earth, it will experience much higher temperatures from the friction of entry.

Upon striking the ground (or landing in the ocean) conduction (and likely convection as well) will occur and affect its temperature.

Swan wrote:if the meteor was caught up in Earth gravity during the formation of the planet and now is at the Earth's core it will be over 9,000F.

Is there are reason you have digressed into discussing temperature change in matter? How does the temperature change in matter translate, in your mind, to non-matter somehow having temperature?

Baby steps.

The only thing that is certain is that your mother did not hit you hard enough.

Does space have any temperature?

Some parts of space are hot! Gas between stars, as well as the solar wind, both seem to be what we call "empty space," yet they can be more than a thousand degrees, even millions of degrees. However, there's also what's known as the cosmic background temperature, which is minus 455 degrees Fahrenheit.

All true except when a communist government stooge is present.
27-05-2022 02:25
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Baby steps.

RQAA.
Swan wrote:
Some parts of space are hot!

Swan wrote:
Gas between stars,

Space is not a gas.
Swan wrote:
as well as the solar wind,

Space is not a wind.
Swan wrote:
both seem to be what we call "empty space,"

Because you don't understand English.
Swan wrote:
yet they can be more than a thousand degrees, even millions of degrees.

Swan wrote:
However, there's also what's known as the cosmic background temperature, which is minus 455 degrees Fahrenheit.

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2022 03:14
(14377)
Swan wrote:The only thing that is certain is that your mother did not hit you hard enough.

It was the doctor that tried to spank me when I was born, but I grabbed his wrist, dislocated his shoulder and took him down for a righteous ground-n-pound ... and that successfully got me breathing.

Swan wrote:Does space have any temperature?

Nope. Only matter can have temperature.

Light has no temperature. Gravity has no temperature. Space has no temperature.

Gas between stars is matter and has temperature.

Meteorites are bodies of matter and have temperature.

The moon is a body of matter and thus it has temperature.

Swan wrote:Some parts of space are hot!

Nope. You would be hot in such space because you are a body of matter. The space itself has no matter and thus has no temperature.

Swan wrote:Gas between stars, as well as the solar wind, both seem to be what we call "empty space,"

They are both matter and neither are empty space.

Swan wrote: However, there's also what's known as the cosmic background temperature, which is minus 455 degrees Fahrenheit.

Nope. The radiation of which you speak is not matter and has no temperature.

Hang in there. There's light at the end of the tunnel, and hit doesn't have any temperature either.

27-05-2022 04:20
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Baby steps.

RQAA.
Swan wrote:
Some parts of space are hot!

Swan wrote:
Gas between stars,

Space is not a gas.
Swan wrote:
as well as the solar wind,

Space is not a wind.
Swan wrote:
both seem to be what we call "empty space,"

Because you don't understand English.
Swan wrote:
yet they can be more than a thousand degrees, even millions of degrees.

Swan wrote:
However, there's also what's known as the cosmic background temperature, which is minus 455 degrees Fahrenheit.

The only thing that has no temperature is nothing, that said nothing can not exist so everything has a temperature, including space
27-05-2022 08:02
(14377)
Swan wrote:The only thing that has no temperature is nothing,

Nope. Everything that is not matter is devoid of any temperature.

Only matter can have temperature.

Have you ever heard of the term "moron solidarity"? You probably haven't because I just made it up ... but it's what you are doing. You are trying so hard to remain in solidarity with the morons who are doing your thinking for you that you are perfectly willing to be a moron as well, because your solidarity with those morons is what is truly important to you.

You have brought us right back to the conclusion that your retirement was brought about because you can't hold down any job that requires independent thinking as long as morons are doing your thinking for you and you wish to remain in solidarity with them.

27-05-2022 12:41
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:

Have you ever heard of the term "moron solidarity"? You probably haven't because I just made it up ... but it's what you are doing. You are trying so hard to remain in solidarity with the morons who are doing your thinking for you that you are perfectly willing to be a moron as well, because your solidarity with those morons is what is truly important to you.

You have brought us right back to the conclusion that your retirement was brought about because you can't hold down any job that requires independent thinking as long as morons are doing your thinking for you and you wish to remain in solidarity with them.

LOL you just made that up which is why there is no other instance of your insanity on the net to link too.

Jan. 30, 2014: Everyone knows that space is cold. In the vast gulf between stars and galaxies, the temperature of gaseous matter routinely drops to 3 degrees K, or 454 degrees below zero Fahrenheit.

It's about to get even colder.

NASA researchers are planning to create the coldest spot in the known universe inside the International Space Station.

"We're going to study matter at temperatures far colder than are found naturally," says Rob Thompson of JPL. He's the Project Scientist for NASA's Cold Atom Lab, an atomic 'refrigerator' slated for launch to the ISS in 2016. "We aim to push effective temperatures down to 100 pico-Kelvin."

Science laughs at you, but then so do downs syndrome kids at your hospital
27-05-2022 17:05
(14377)
Swan wrote:LOL you just made that up which is why there is no other instance of your insanity on the net to link too.

Incorrect. The internet has plenty of documentation of the science I have listed. The internet also happens to be replete with errors, including the bogus non-science you hold dear.

You choose to cling to the bogus errors on the internet so as to remain in solidarity with those who are doing your thinking for you.

By the way, what definition for temperature were you taught? If you are like most people, you were given the erroneous definition of "temperature is the measure of the motion of molecules". Nonetheless, if this is what you were taught, you should be under the impression that molecules are required to have temperature.

The reason the above definition is erroneous is that it establishes a totally circular definition by conflating cause with effect. It claims that the motion of molecules determines the temperature which determines the motion of molecules which determines the temperature which determines the motion of molecules ... ad infinitum ... and bogus.

The associated thermal energy of a body of matter over the body's mass determines the matter's temperature. There are no molecules in the force of gravity, in electromagnetic radiation or in a vacuum.

Swan wrote: Jan. 30, 2014: Everyone knows that space is cold.

Nope. Nobody knows this. Many mistakenly believe this. You are one of them.

Swan wrote: In the vast gulf between stars and galaxies, the temperature of gaseous matter routinely drops to 3 degrees K, or 454 degrees below zero Fahrenheit.

Sure. The temperature of matter in space can become very cold.

Swan wrote:NASA researchers are planning to create the coldest spot in the known universe inside the International Space Station.

Nope. They are planning to make the coldest matter. Did you want to make a wager?

Swan wrote:"We're going to study matter at temperatures far colder than are found naturally," says Rob Thompson of JPL.

Well, it's a good thing for you that you didn't bet.

Swan wrote: He's the Project Scientist for NASA's Cold Atom Lab,

Why is it called the "Cold Atom Lab" and not the "Cold Photon Lab" or the "Cold Vacuum Lab" or the "Cold Gravity Lab"?

Swan wrote: Science laughs at you,

That's like saying Mike Tyson's boxing gloves laughed at him.

Let me know if you want to bet me that Rob Thompson is going to make something other than matter very cold.

Baby steps.

27-05-2022 19:29
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL you just made that up which is why there is no other instance of your insanity on the net to link too.

Psychoquackery.
Swan wrote:
Jan. 30, 2014: Everyone knows that space is cold.

You don't get to speak for everybody. Space has no temperature. Omniscience fallacy. Argument by repetition fallacy.
Swan wrote:
In the vast gulf between stars and galaxies, the temperature of gaseous matter routinely drops to 3 degrees K, or 454 degrees below zero Fahrenheit.

How do you know? Did you go out and measure it?
Swan wrote:
It's about to get even colder.

Why would it?
Swan wrote:
NASA researchers are planning to create the coldest spot in the known universe inside the International Space Station.

"We're going to study matter at temperatures far colder than are found naturally," says Rob Thompson of JPL. He's the Project Scientist for NASA's Cold Atom Lab, an atomic 'refrigerator' slated for launch to the ISS in 2016. "We aim to push effective temperatures down to 100 pico-Kelvin."

That is not gas between stars and galaxies.
Swan wrote:
Science laughs at you, but then so do downs syndrome kids at your hospital

Science doesn't laugh at anything. It is not a voice or a person. Insult fallacy. Redefinition fallacy (science<->personage).

The Parrot Killer

28-05-2022 16:41
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1639)
There is radiation everywhere in the universe. There's really no such thing as empty space in this universe.

Earth is struck by about 17 meteors every day, but no person has ever been killed, or seriously injured, by a meteor strike.

Edited on 28-05-2022 16:44
28-05-2022 18:00
(14377)
Spongy Iris wrote:There is radiation everywhere in the universe.

This is a common speculation, but you don't know this to be the case.

Spongy Iris wrote: There's really no such thing as empty space in this universe

There are, however, many places in the universe that are devoid of matter. These places have no temperature.

29-05-2022 05:12
(1639)
Force also requires mass, gravity is no exception, and there is gravity all around Earth.

29-05-2022 08:26
(14377)
Spongy Iris wrote:Force also requires mass

This statement is false, as written. For it to be true, it would have to be interpreted such that it is meaningless.

EXAMPLE: Physics requires a universe.

Well, no it doesn't, but if you say that there aren't any universes without physics then you have eliminated any meaning the statement might have had.

Spongy Iris wrote: there is gravity all around Earth.

No, there isn't. You don't understand gravity very well.

Either you use Newton's model and state that there is gravity between any/every two masses per [M1 * M2] / [d^2] ...

... or you use Einstein's model and state that there is still gravity between any/every two masses but that the gravity thusly dilates time and therefore curves space, altering the inertial frame of reference.

There is no such thing as an "atmosphere of gravity" all around the earth.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-05-2022 23:15
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Force also requires mass, gravity is no exception, and there is gravity all around Earth.

Force does not require mass.

The Parrot Killer

30-05-2022 02:59
(1639)
F = MA

30-05-2022 03:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:

There are, however, many places in the universe that are devoid of matter. These places have no temperature.

No place in the universe is devoid of temperature.
30-05-2022 20:11
(14377)
Swan wrote:No place in the universe is devoid of temperature.

False.

All places devoid of matter are similarly devoid of temperature.

I presume that the Democrat Party has ordered you to believe what you believe without question under threats of being ostracized by mindless LGBTQIAZombies everywhere.

Your religion is WACKED.

30-05-2022 21:10
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
F = MA

So? To move a mass requires application of a force. Force is not mass and does not require mass.

The Parrot Killer

30-05-2022 21:11
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

No place in the universe is devoid of temperature.

If there is no matter, there is no temperature.
You don't know what the temperature of the universe is. It is not possible to measure it.

The Parrot Killer

30-05-2022 21:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:

False.

I presume that the Democrat Party has ordered you to believe what you believe without question under threats of being ostracized by mindless LGBTQIAZombies everywhere.

Your religion is WACKED.

No place in the universe is devoid of temperature and you can not prove any different. Now it could be said that the actual temp can not be known without a scale of some sort, but the temp is still real whether known or not.

Yawn

31-05-2022 02:13
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
F = MA

So? To move a mass requires application of a force. Force is not mass and does not require mass.

You can't create force without mass.

31-05-2022 02:29
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
F = MA

You can't create force without mass.

At a retard convention he wins the prize for most drool
31-05-2022 07:33
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

False.

Your religion is WACKED.

No place in the universe is devoid of temperature and you can not prove any different. Now it could be said that the actual temp can not be known without a scale of some sort, but the temp is still real whether known or not.

Yawn

Tell me something Swan, or anyone...

If heat is the flow of thermal energy,
and temperature is the measure of thermal energy,
how does heat flow into nothing?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
31-05-2022 12:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

False.

Your religion is WACKED.

Yawn

Nothing does not exist, in fact nothing is an impossibility.
31-05-2022 20:54
(21559)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

False.

Your religion is WACKED.

Yawn

Then why is there a word for it??

The Parrot Killer

31-05-2022 21:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

False.

Your religion is WACKED.

Yawn

Because even though a bank vault may contain nothing of value the bank vault itself is still something, if the bank is leveled and hauled away there is still the land, even if the Earth is blown up there is still space, so nothing is an impossibility much like you ever being rational
01-06-2022 02:30
James_
★★★★★
(2151)
IBdaMann wrote:

False.

Your religion is WACKED.

And yet the ionosphere can reach 226º C. That is empty space.

Not empty space;
https://www.dailyscandinavian.com/extreme-surfing-in-norway/
Edited on 01-06-2022 02:32
01-06-2022 08:03
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

False.

Your religion is WACKED.

Yawn

Because even though a bank vault may contain nothing of value the bank vault itself is still something, if the bank is leveled and hauled away there is still the land, even if the Earth is blown up there is still space, so nothing is an impossibility much like you ever being rational
So you decided to lock yourself in yet another paradox. Irrational.

The Parrot Killer

01-06-2022 08:04
(21559)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

False.

Your religion is WACKED.

And yet the ionosphere can reach 226º C. That is empty space.

Not empty space;
https://www.dailyscandinavian.com/extreme-surfing-in-norway/

It is not empty space.

The Parrot Killer

01-06-2022 13:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

False.

Your religion is WACKED.

Yawn

Again nothing is an impossibility.
01-06-2022 14:56
(14377)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Pay closer attention to the details.

Heat is the flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. Thermal radiation (electromagnetic radiation) radiating off into space is not heat if no body of matter is specified to be increasing in temperature from receiving a flow of thermal energy from the originating body.

Yes, temperature is the measure of thermal energy over the mass of a body of matter. Only matter can have associated thermal energy and thus, only matter has temperature.

Heat only flows into matter. Heat does not flow into non-matter. "Nothing"(null) is a member of
the set " non-matter and cannot receive any flow of thermal energy.
01-06-2022 17:13
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Heat is the flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. Thermal radiation (electromagnetic radiation) radiating off into space is not heat if no body of matter is specified to be increasing in temperature from receiving a flow of thermal energy from the originating body.

Yes, temperature is the measure of thermal energy over the mass of a body of matter. Only matter can have associated thermal energy and thus, only matter has temperature.

Heat only flows into matter. Heat does not flow into non-matter. "Nothing"(null) is a member of

Dude if that were true then no heat could be lost in space and there would be no way for a human body to freeze as it's heat could not radiate away into nothing. LOL what your post here are is actually a form of masturbation as you fantasize that everyone else is wrong and that you are the supreme scientist.

It's ok, just take the abilify on time every day
01-06-2022 17:54
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

False.

Your religion is WACKED.

Yawn

Again nothing is an impossibility.

Repeating your paradox does not clear your paradox. Irrational.

The Parrot Killer

01-06-2022 17:55
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Dude if that were true then no heat could be lost in space and there would be no way for a human body to freeze as it's heat could not radiate away into nothing. LOL what your post here are is actually a form of masturbation as you fantasize that everyone else is wrong and that you are the supreme scientist.

It's ok, just take the abilify on time every day

Heat is not lost to anywhere. Heat has no temperature. Heat is not contained in anything.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 01-06-2022 17:56
Page 3 of 9<12345>>>

Join the debate Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof that the vengeance of God is real. Pfizer building destroyed621-07-2023 21:38
Proof that a gas stove ban is nonsense, and that dempcraps are retards425-06-2023 12:58
Proof that ai is totally fake, because if it was real, you would not need a mouse, because407-06-2023 14:13
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact