▼ Content

reminder of the rules

Page 2 of 2<12
05-02-2020 07:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7464)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
"#4 False Source"...Do you have any suggestions?

There's
False Authority (the authority claimed is no qualified, the Pope on Tire Pressure)
Appeal to Authority (pretending because Einstein says it you don't have to defend it)
False (the information is wrong)

I guess I would think "False Source" might be a good title for a spoofed website. Something pretending to be CNN but it's really a spam site.

It's not the best title.

I agree. Thank you for the suggestion.

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-02-2020 17:14
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1214)
Into the Night wrote:
Since the True Scotsman fallacy is just a particular kind of false authority fallacy, I lump it under Mantra 4. However, I will add another one:

28) Speaking for others.

I do not number bulverism. I spell it out each time. I also do not number 'bigotry' or 'racism' or 'lie', due to the short nature of these words and the egregious nature of these fallacies.

Ahhhh, ok. That all makes sense.

Speaking for others is definitely a good one.
05-02-2020 17:35
(1214)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I'd suggest that you stop playing the "woe is me" victim card,...
Not that at all.

Denial.

tmiddles wrote:
It is dishonest what ITN, you and IBD are doing.

What are we doing?

tmiddles wrote:
I will continue to point that out.

Point what out?

tmiddles wrote:
ITN is a shameless liar with his RQAA

No, he has actually been quite accurate with that. I have read through some exchanges between you and him and you and IB for myself, and I've seen them directly answer the questions that you constantly whine about them not answering.

tmiddles wrote:
It's simply crapping on the board with meaningless characters.

English is not "meaningless characters".

tmiddles wrote:
No one but ITN cares about his fallacy parade

I care about it. I fully appreciate that he points out the fallacies that you commit. I will point them out too from time to time.

tmiddles wrote:
as most of it is incomprehensible.

No, logic is simply "incomprehensible" to you in the same manner that Swahili is "incomprehensible" to you. You simply haven't learned it. That doesn't surprise me any, since you don't know how one learns science, or how to ride a bike. Obviously, speaking Liberal requires no learning, since you're able to do that quite well. That "ability" seems to be a result of becoming infected with the Liberal pathogen.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:A lot of the "popular definitions" of fallacies that you will run into online are incomplete....
You make my point for me. So put a listing here of what YOU mean when YOU say something.

Sure, I could compile a listing of several common fallacies and list definitions for them... OR, you could simply ask what they mean and actually learn them instead of constantly mindlessly making reference to some online source.

I'll let you in on a little secret. I do not pull up any references when I type out these responses to you. I use my own mind to form my own arguments. What I express in my responses is what I have learned: through studying, practicing the application thereof, much repetition of the first two, and making mistakes along the way.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
ITN has already provided you with the definitions that you have requested.
That is a lie.

Nope. The truth is not a lie.

tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Why don't you make a list.
To make a list of what ITN means when he says something I would need his participation. I don't have it.

He did not ask you about ITN. Read it again.
Edited on 05-02-2020 17:41
05-02-2020 17:52
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3375)
gfm7175 wrote:
you say when according to you a simple link would prove me wrong.

Simply not plausible that ITN would pass on proving me wrong.

"RQAA" is a fraud
05-02-2020 18:59
(1214)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
you say when according to you a simple link would prove me wrong.

Simply not plausible that ITN would pass on proving me wrong.

"RQAA" is a fraud

RQAA.
05-02-2020 21:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
tmiddles wrote:
...deleted Mantras 4...5...27...

No argument presented. No new questions.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Edited on 05-02-2020 21:41
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate reminder of the rules:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Trump Sued Over New Coal Rules014-08-2019 02:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact