Remember me
▼ Content

reminder of the rules



Page 2 of 3<123>
05-02-2020 07:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11782)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
"#4 False Source"...Do you have any suggestions?

There's
False Authority (the authority claimed is no qualified, the Pope on Tire Pressure)
Appeal to Authority (pretending because Einstein says it you don't have to defend it)
False (the information is wrong)

I guess I would think "False Source" might be a good title for a spoofed website. Something pretending to be CNN but it's really a spam site.

It's not the best title.


I agree. Thank you for the suggestion.


.


I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-02-2020 17:14
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3118)
Into the Night wrote:
Since the True Scotsman fallacy is just a particular kind of false authority fallacy, I lump it under Mantra 4. However, I will add another one:

28) Speaking for others.

I do not number bulverism. I spell it out each time. I also do not number 'bigotry' or 'racism' or 'lie', due to the short nature of these words and the egregious nature of these fallacies.

Ahhhh, ok. That all makes sense.

Speaking for others is definitely a good one.
05-02-2020 17:35
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3118)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I'd suggest that you stop playing the "woe is me" victim card,...
Not that at all.

Denial.

tmiddles wrote:
It is dishonest what ITN, you and IBD are doing.

What are we doing?

tmiddles wrote:
I will continue to point that out.

Point what out?

tmiddles wrote:
ITN is a shameless liar with his RQAA

No, he has actually been quite accurate with that. I have read through some exchanges between you and him and you and IB for myself, and I've seen them directly answer the questions that you constantly whine about them not answering.

tmiddles wrote:
It's simply crapping on the board with meaningless characters.

English is not "meaningless characters".

tmiddles wrote:
No one but ITN cares about his fallacy parade

I care about it. I fully appreciate that he points out the fallacies that you commit. I will point them out too from time to time.

tmiddles wrote:
as most of it is incomprehensible.

No, logic is simply "incomprehensible" to you in the same manner that Swahili is "incomprehensible" to you. You simply haven't learned it. That doesn't surprise me any, since you don't know how one learns science, or how to ride a bike. Obviously, speaking Liberal requires no learning, since you're able to do that quite well. That "ability" seems to be a result of becoming infected with the Liberal pathogen.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:A lot of the "popular definitions" of fallacies that you will run into online are incomplete....
You make my point for me. So put a listing here of what YOU mean when YOU say something.

Sure, I could compile a listing of several common fallacies and list definitions for them... OR, you could simply ask what they mean and actually learn them instead of constantly mindlessly making reference to some online source.

I'll let you in on a little secret. I do not pull up any references when I type out these responses to you. I use my own mind to form my own arguments. What I express in my responses is what I have learned: through studying, practicing the application thereof, much repetition of the first two, and making mistakes along the way.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
ITN has already provided you with the definitions that you have requested.
That is a lie.

Nope. The truth is not a lie.

tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Why don't you make a list.
To make a list of what ITN means when he says something I would need his participation. I don't have it.

He did not ask you about ITN. Read it again.
Edited on 05-02-2020 17:41
05-02-2020 17:52
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3975)
gfm7175 wrote:
Nope. The truth is not a lie.
you say when according to you a simple link would prove me wrong.

Simply not plausible that ITN would pass on proving me wrong.

"RQAA" is a fraud
05-02-2020 18:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3118)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Nope. The truth is not a lie.
you say when according to you a simple link would prove me wrong.

Simply not plausible that ITN would pass on proving me wrong.

"RQAA" is a fraud

RQAA.
05-02-2020 21:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18436)
tmiddles wrote:
...deleted Mantras 4...5...27...


No argument presented. No new questions.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 05-02-2020 21:41
RE: Spot, you were absolutely right.07-04-2022 21:41
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
Spot, you were absolutely right.

The two most active users should have been banned at least seven years ago.

Spot, please come back and give the site another try.

There is some genuine substance being discussed finally.

By summer, you'll want to tell your friends about it.

sealover

----------------------------------------------------------------------

spot wrote:

1) Stay inside the scope

Climate-Debate.com is about climate change and related questions. If you want to discuss other topics, then you are welcome to do so in the Off Topic area (see the forum overview).
Should the conversation turn into more personal or private talk, then consider withdrawing to Private Messages.

2) Stick to the subject
Always stay on-topic in the thread you are participating in. If you want to discuss something else, then start a new thread.

3) Use the Search machine
Many topics have been discussed several times
, and a lot of questions have been answered before. Start by using the Search field (top left of the page), and try to make your post contribute to the forum in a new way.

4) Don't attack the messenger
This doesn't mean that a tough tone and an offensive style is not accepted, but please focus on the message and not the messenger.

5) No advertisements
Direct advertisements for other websites or products are not allowed. You can add a link to your website on your profile page.
In order to prevent spam it is not possible to add links to the signature.

6) Don't make noise
Don't write the same post in a lot of different threads. Don't write 100 lines with identical smileys. Don' write posts with just CAPITAL LETTERS.

7) No illegal content
Content which is illegal due to insults, libel, hate speech, copyright infringements etc. is of course not allowed.

8) Be cautious with quotes
Don't change the wording when you quote someone. If you quote outside the thread, then post a link or a source. If you choose to abridge a quote, then mark it explicitly with "...". And last but not least: Don't quote from a private message without the other user's consent.

If these guidelines are violated, an admin or moderator will edit or delete posts. If no improvement is seen, it can be necessary to ban the user in question.


Latest revised by Jeppe Branner (branner), admin and site owner, November 9, 2015.


I contend two of the most active users violate 6 of the 8 rules daily and should be banned.

Discuss
08-04-2022 00:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18436)
sealover wrote:
Spot, you were absolutely right.

The two most active users should have been banned at least seven years ago.

Spot, please come back and give the site another try.

There is some genuine substance being discussed finally.

By summer, you'll want to tell your friends about it.

sealover

----------------------------------------------------------------------

spot wrote:

1) Stay inside the scope

Climate-Debate.com is about climate change and related questions. If you want to discuss other topics, then you are welcome to do so in the Off Topic area (see the forum overview).
Should the conversation turn into more personal or private talk, then consider withdrawing to Private Messages.

2) Stick to the subject
Always stay on-topic in the thread you are participating in. If you want to discuss something else, then start a new thread.

3) Use the Search machine
Many topics have been discussed several times
, and a lot of questions have been answered before. Start by using the Search field (top left of the page), and try to make your post contribute to the forum in a new way.

4) Don't attack the messenger
This doesn't mean that a tough tone and an offensive style is not accepted, but please focus on the message and not the messenger.

5) No advertisements
Direct advertisements for other websites or products are not allowed. You can add a link to your website on your profile page.
In order to prevent spam it is not possible to add links to the signature.

6) Don't make noise
Don't write the same post in a lot of different threads. Don't write 100 lines with identical smileys. Don' write posts with just CAPITAL LETTERS.

7) No illegal content
Content which is illegal due to insults, libel, hate speech, copyright infringements etc. is of course not allowed.

8) Be cautious with quotes
Don't change the wording when you quote someone. If you quote outside the thread, then post a link or a source. If you choose to abridge a quote, then mark it explicitly with "...". And last but not least: Don't quote from a private message without the other user's consent.

If these guidelines are violated, an admin or moderator will edit or delete posts. If no improvement is seen, it can be necessary to ban the user in question.


Latest revised by Jeppe Branner (branner), admin and site owner, November 9, 2015.


I contend two of the most active users violate 6 of the 8 rules daily and should be banned.

Discuss

You are describing yourself.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-04-2022 00:41
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4241)
sealover wrote:
Spot, you were absolutely right.

The two most active users should have been banned at least seven years ago.

Spot, please come back and give the site another try.

There is some genuine substance being discussed finally.

By summer, you'll want to tell your friends about it.

sealover

----------------------------------------------------------------------

spot wrote:

1) Stay inside the scope

Climate-Debate.com is about climate change and related questions. If you want to discuss other topics, then you are welcome to do so in the Off Topic area (see the forum overview).
Should the conversation turn into more personal or private talk, then consider withdrawing to Private Messages.

2) Stick to the subject
Always stay on-topic in the thread you are participating in. If you want to discuss something else, then start a new thread.

3) Use the Search machine
Many topics have been discussed several times
, and a lot of questions have been answered before. Start by using the Search field (top left of the page), and try to make your post contribute to the forum in a new way.

4) Don't attack the messenger
This doesn't mean that a tough tone and an offensive style is not accepted, but please focus on the message and not the messenger.

5) No advertisements
Direct advertisements for other websites or products are not allowed. You can add a link to your website on your profile page.
In order to prevent spam it is not possible to add links to the signature.

6) Don't make noise
Don't write the same post in a lot of different threads. Don't write 100 lines with identical smileys. Don' write posts with just CAPITAL LETTERS.

7) No illegal content
Content which is illegal due to insults, libel, hate speech, copyright infringements etc. is of course not allowed.

8) Be cautious with quotes
Don't change the wording when you quote someone. If you quote outside the thread, then post a link or a source. If you choose to abridge a quote, then mark it explicitly with "...". And last but not least: Don't quote from a private message without the other user's consent.

If these guidelines are violated, an admin or moderator will edit or delete posts. If no improvement is seen, it can be necessary to ban the user in question.


Latest revised by Jeppe Branner (branner), admin and site owner, November 9, 2015.


I contend two of the most active users violate 6 of the 8 rules daily and should be banned.

Discuss


Pretty sure all active users, violate two or more of those rules. Pretty much every post... No rules concerning creepy-clown images though.
08-04-2022 02:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★☆
(1257)
sealover wrote:
Spot, you were absolutely right.

The two most active users should have been banned at least seven years ago.

Spot, please come back and give the site another try.

There is some genuine substance being discussed finally.

By summer, you'll want to tell your friends about it.

sealover

----------------------------------------------------------------------

spot wrote:

1) Stay inside the scope

Climate-Debate.com is about climate change and related questions. If you want to discuss other topics, then you are welcome to do so in the Off Topic area (see the forum overview).
Should the conversation turn into more personal or private talk, then consider withdrawing to Private Messages.

2) Stick to the subject
Always stay on-topic in the thread you are participating in. If you want to discuss something else, then start a new thread.

3) Use the Search machine
Many topics have been discussed several times
, and a lot of questions have been answered before. Start by using the Search field (top left of the page), and try to make your post contribute to the forum in a new way.

4) Don't attack the messenger
This doesn't mean that a tough tone and an offensive style is not accepted, but please focus on the message and not the messenger.

5) No advertisements
Direct advertisements for other websites or products are not allowed. You can add a link to your website on your profile page.
In order to prevent spam it is not possible to add links to the signature.

6) Don't make noise
Don't write the same post in a lot of different threads. Don't write 100 lines with identical smileys. Don' write posts with just CAPITAL LETTERS.

7) No illegal content
Content which is illegal due to insults, libel, hate speech, copyright infringements etc. is of course not allowed.

8) Be cautious with quotes
Don't change the wording when you quote someone. If you quote outside the thread, then post a link or a source. If you choose to abridge a quote, then mark it explicitly with "...". And last but not least: Don't quote from a private message without the other user's consent.

If these guidelines are violated, an admin or moderator will edit or delete posts. If no improvement is seen, it can be necessary to ban the user in question.


Latest revised by Jeppe Branner (branner), admin and site owner, November 9, 2015.


I contend two of the most active users violate 6 of the 8 rules daily and should be banned.

Discuss


Define genuine substance
RE: I don't play definition word games.08-04-2022 02:55
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
I don't play definition word games.

"Genuine substance" means what you probably imagine it most likely means.

The definition word game BS is just to PREVENT debate, not engage in it.

There is certainly no "honesty" displayed in the definition word games. Eff 'em.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swan wrote:
sealover wrote:
Spot, you were absolutely right.

The two most active users should have been banned at least seven years ago.

Spot, please come back and give the site another try.

There is some genuine substance being discussed finally.

By summer, you'll want to tell your friends about it.

sealover

----------------------------------------------------------------------

spot wrote:

1) Stay inside the scope

Climate-Debate.com is about climate change and related questions. If you want to discuss other topics, then you are welcome to do so in the Off Topic area (see the forum overview).
Should the conversation turn into more personal or private talk, then consider withdrawing to Private Messages.

2) Stick to the subject
Always stay on-topic in the thread you are participating in. If you want to discuss something else, then start a new thread.

3) Use the Search machine
Many topics have been discussed several times
, and a lot of questions have been answered before. Start by using the Search field (top left of the page), and try to make your post contribute to the forum in a new way.

4) Don't attack the messenger
This doesn't mean that a tough tone and an offensive style is not accepted, but please focus on the message and not the messenger.

5) No advertisements
Direct advertisements for other websites or products are not allowed. You can add a link to your website on your profile page.
In order to prevent spam it is not possible to add links to the signature.

6) Don't make noise
Don't write the same post in a lot of different threads. Don't write 100 lines with identical smileys. Don' write posts with just CAPITAL LETTERS.

7) No illegal content
Content which is illegal due to insults, libel, hate speech, copyright infringements etc. is of course not allowed.

8) Be cautious with quotes
Don't change the wording when you quote someone. If you quote outside the thread, then post a link or a source. If you choose to abridge a quote, then mark it explicitly with "...". And last but not least: Don't quote from a private message without the other user's consent.

If these guidelines are violated, an admin or moderator will edit or delete posts. If no improvement is seen, it can be necessary to ban the user in question.


Latest revised by Jeppe Branner (branner), admin and site owner, November 9, 2015.


I contend two of the most active users violate 6 of the 8 rules daily and should be banned.

Discuss


Define genuine substance
08-04-2022 03:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11782)
squeal over wrote:I don't play definition word games.

Translation: "I'm a dishonest fuqq who plans to "preaching-by-buzzword" without ever intending to define any."

squeal over wrote:"Genuine substance" means what you probably imagine it most likely means.

Translation: "Did you see what I did there? I slid out from under your question without answering it! Nanny-nanny-boo-boo! I didn't come here to contribute; I came here to TROLL like a mo-fo! Haaaa!"

squeal over wrote:The definition word game BS is just to PREVENT debate, not engage in it.

Translation: "Watch how my dishonest 'non-participation' kills any possibility of discussion. It's not like I am cognitively capable of contributing anyway so I have no idea how you got the silly notion that I would somehow engage in some sort of discussion. Oh yeah, nanny-nanny-boo-boo! "

squeal over wrote:There is certainly not enough dishonesty in the "provide the definitions" games. Eff 'em.

We get it. I'm not the only one who understands why it is a waste of time to ask you to be unambiguous.

.
Attached image:


Edited on 08-04-2022 03:25
08-04-2022 05:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18436)
sealover wrote:
I don't play definition word games.

You are playing one right now.
sealover wrote:
"Genuine substance" means what you probably imagine it most likely means.
Not a definition. Try again.
sealover wrote:
The definition word game BS is just to PREVENT debate, not engage in it.
There is no debate (or even much a conversation) with void arguments generated by the use of buzzwords. Define 'climate change'. Define 'genuine substance'.
sealover wrote:
There is certainly no "honesty" displayed in the definition word games. Eff 'em.

Agreed. Stop playing definition word games. Define your words.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-04-2022 08:09
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4241)
He's either unfamiliar with the material, or the English language. He's aware that he's not addressing fellow climatologists, or a classroom of prospectives, who will spend hours looking up ever word, if they hope to pass the class. Most of the people here, just aren't that interested in the material, as presented. To engage an audience, you need to select words commonly understood by them. You throw out too much techno-babble, the audience loses interest. When you force people to try ad figure out what you are trying to say, they aren't fully paying attention to what you are say, and miss most of it. You might have point in there some place, but it gets lost and forgotten. But, I think that's the point. Don't bother understanding, just agree and regurgitate, like you are smart and it all makes perfect sense. Like a good cult member...
08-04-2022 14:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★☆
(1257)
sealover wrote:
I don't play definition word games.

"Genuine substance" means what you probably imagine it most likely means.

The definition word game BS is just to PREVENT debate, not engage in it.

There is certainly no "honesty" displayed in the definition word games. Eff 'em.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swan wrote:
sealover wrote:
Spot, you were absolutely right.

The two most active users should have been banned at least seven years ago.

Spot, please come back and give the site another try.

There is some genuine substance being discussed finally.

By summer, you'll want to tell your friends about it.

sealover

----------------------------------------------------------------------

spot wrote:

1) Stay inside the scope

Climate-Debate.com is about climate change and related questions. If you want to discuss other topics, then you are welcome to do so in the Off Topic area (see the forum overview).
Should the conversation turn into more personal or private talk, then consider withdrawing to Private Messages.

2) Stick to the subject
Always stay on-topic in the thread you are participating in. If you want to discuss something else, then start a new thread.

3) Use the Search machine
Many topics have been discussed several times
, and a lot of questions have been answered before. Start by using the Search field (top left of the page), and try to make your post contribute to the forum in a new way.

4) Don't attack the messenger
This doesn't mean that a tough tone and an offensive style is not accepted, but please focus on the message and not the messenger.

5) No advertisements
Direct advertisements for other websites or products are not allowed. You can add a link to your website on your profile page.
In order to prevent spam it is not possible to add links to the signature.

6) Don't make noise
Don't write the same post in a lot of different threads. Don't write 100 lines with identical smileys. Don' write posts with just CAPITAL LETTERS.

7) No illegal content
Content which is illegal due to insults, libel, hate speech, copyright infringements etc. is of course not allowed.

8) Be cautious with quotes
Don't change the wording when you quote someone. If you quote outside the thread, then post a link or a source. If you choose to abridge a quote, then mark it explicitly with "...". And last but not least: Don't quote from a private message without the other user's consent.

If these guidelines are violated, an admin or moderator will edit or delete posts. If no improvement is seen, it can be necessary to ban the user in question.


Latest revised by Jeppe Branner (branner), admin and site owner, November 9, 2015.


I contend two of the most active users violate 6 of the 8 rules daily and should be banned.

Discuss


Define genuine substance


Are you the person who gets to determine what is genuine, making the opinions of others trash?
09-04-2022 08:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18436)
Swan wrote:
sealover wrote:
I don't play definition word games.

"Genuine substance" means what you probably imagine it most likely means.

The definition word game BS is just to PREVENT debate, not engage in it.

There is certainly no "honesty" displayed in the definition word games. Eff 'em.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swan wrote:
sealover wrote:
Spot, you were absolutely right.

The two most active users should have been banned at least seven years ago.

Spot, please come back and give the site another try.

There is some genuine substance being discussed finally.

By summer, you'll want to tell your friends about it.

sealover

----------------------------------------------------------------------

spot wrote:

1) Stay inside the scope

Climate-Debate.com is about climate change and related questions. If you want to discuss other topics, then you are welcome to do so in the Off Topic area (see the forum overview).
Should the conversation turn into more personal or private talk, then consider withdrawing to Private Messages.

2) Stick to the subject
Always stay on-topic in the thread you are participating in. If you want to discuss something else, then start a new thread.

3) Use the Search machine
Many topics have been discussed several times
, and a lot of questions have been answered before. Start by using the Search field (top left of the page), and try to make your post contribute to the forum in a new way.

4) Don't attack the messenger
This doesn't mean that a tough tone and an offensive style is not accepted, but please focus on the message and not the messenger.

5) No advertisements
Direct advertisements for other websites or products are not allowed. You can add a link to your website on your profile page.
In order to prevent spam it is not possible to add links to the signature.

6) Don't make noise
Don't write the same post in a lot of different threads. Don't write 100 lines with identical smileys. Don' write posts with just CAPITAL LETTERS.

7) No illegal content
Content which is illegal due to insults, libel, hate speech, copyright infringements etc. is of course not allowed.

8) Be cautious with quotes
Don't change the wording when you quote someone. If you quote outside the thread, then post a link or a source. If you choose to abridge a quote, then mark it explicitly with "...". And last but not least: Don't quote from a private message without the other user's consent.

If these guidelines are violated, an admin or moderator will edit or delete posts. If no improvement is seen, it can be necessary to ban the user in question.


Latest revised by Jeppe Branner (branner), admin and site owner, November 9, 2015.


I contend two of the most active users violate 6 of the 8 rules daily and should be banned.

Discuss


Define genuine substance


Are you the person who gets to determine what is genuine, making the opinions of others trash?
So you don't want to define 'genuine substance' either. Another meaningless buzzword from you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-04-2022 09:27
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1731)
ITN why do you get to decide what is a buzzword.Any one who writes RQAA is an ahole as it infers you know everything and are not to be questioned yet you write [you are not king]This would be unacceptable anywhere but on a internet debate forum.Serious
.Duncans definition of [genuine substance].The 30 cans of full strength beer I have just Purchased
09-04-2022 09:28
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1731)
And now we move on to substance abuse
09-04-2022 09:47
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11782)
duncan61 wrote:ITN why do you get to decide what is a buzzword.

This question achieves your level of stupid. Let's just recognize that you don't have a very good command of the English language, that you don't even know what a buzzword is (and are too embarrassed to ask) and that you, once again, are lashing out in frustration so as to blame others for your cognitive shortcomings.

Just wander over to the kids' table already. The few times you had potential to actually contribute to a conversation you decided to play Mr. sarcastic ashsole. You shouldn't look to blame others for the fact that you are a total idiot who never really got any sort of education yet who nonetheless thinks he is a fuqqing genius.

Go learn what a fuqqing "buzzword" is and then reengage.

Idiot.

duncan61 wrote:Any one who writes RQAA is an ahole as it infers you know everything

Anyone who insists on getting things wrong, even after others have politely mentioned why he's getting it wrong, belongs at the kids' table. I have told you on more than one occasion that the correct word is "implies", not "infers" but like virtually all topics, you insist on getting it wrong. So, by your own definition, you are an ahole who implies that he knows everything while knowing nothing.

You don't answer questions either. You just EVADE. You are a dishonest schytt, but I mean that in only the nicest sense.

You could have been a positive contributor but you threw that away and then blamed others.

.
09-04-2022 10:02
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1731)
I have my opinions based on real life experience.I have posted I did year 10 high school then went to trade school.I have been asking and getting questions answered for 3 years.You have given a great example of how you focus on one word then start insulting.I am happy to be at the kiddies table.The sun is shining on this wonderful Autumn day.The sea is full of fish and stuff which I can not be bothered harvesting.Last weekend I went to the farm area I shoot in Waroona and my .222 Ruger is still in zero and I loosed a few through the 7mm Sendero just for fun.A question. How many posters have left this forum because of you and how many because of me?
09-04-2022 10:09
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1731)
I looked up buzzword and it is actually a buzzword its self.We are not permitted to use google on this forum but I am happy with the definition I found.
09-04-2022 10:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11782)
duncan61 wrote:I have my opinions based on real life experience.

You misperceptions don't somehow transform your errors into truth.

duncan61 wrote:I have posted I did year 10 high school then went to trade school.

I really don't think it matters where you spent your time napping.

duncan61 wrote:I have been asking and getting questions answered for 3 years.

For the last two years on this site you have been a total ashsole to those who tried to help you. Meanwhile you assist every dishonest fuqq who comes to this site to preach physics violations by playing front-row teacher's pet and then pretending to denigrate those who add science to the discussion. \

One would think that you, of all people, would avoid throwing around criticisms when you yourself are as stupid as a half-inch hex bolt ... but NOOOOO, you feel obligated to regurgitate whatever your fellow "thienth geniuth" role-player is ordering you to say. You never learned anything and you resent those who actually got an education. I'm thinking that instead of trying to help you, everybody should just marvel at how stupid you are and point out every single idiocy for public discussion. If you aren't going to contribute positively and instead are going to insult those who are discussing topics you can't grasp then perhaps we should make you the center of discussion.

I have officially given up trying to help you or to engage in rational discussion with you. I'll let Into the Night continue to try as he always does. I'm just going to mock the schytt out of you. At least I'll be entertained rather than frustrated.

Let's roll!

duncan61 wrote:You have given a great example of how you focus on one word

You just gave a good example of how you don't understand anything that you read, making others wonder how you manage to wander through life. I discuss entire concepts and you are only capable of digesting those examples that center on a single word. Multiple words exceed your understanding. And now, of the many hundreds of my posts upon which your gaze has befallen, you can only recall ... one word ... and you now conclude that all that time I must have "focused" only on that word.

You are dim.

duncan61 wrote: ... then start insulting.

Yes, you got me started on the insulting and I don't think I'll be going back. This is actually therapeutic and you make it so easy.

duncan61 wrote:I am happy to be at the kiddies table.

I can see that you are happy at the kids' table, because now you have squeal over there as well and finally you have someone with whom to play "thienth geniuth".

duncan61 wrote:The sun is shining on this wonderful Autumn day.

It's not shining on this rainy Spring night.

duncan61 wrote:The sea is full of fish and stuff which I can not be bothered harvesting.

Really, English is not your strong suit. You should get some help.

Oh, just for laughs, on which single word are you certain that I "focused" just now?

duncan61 wrote:Last weekend I went to the farm area I shoot in Waroona and my .222 Ruger is still in zero and I loosed a few through the 7mm Sendero just for fun

Have you considered a career in compositional writing?

[wait for it ...]

duncan61 wrote:A question. How many posters have left this forum because of you and how many because of me?

I wrote two posts on this point. What did I write? Oh, that's right, you can't read for schytt. You have no English comprehension. Of the part you do understand, you forget it very quickly.

... so this should be good.

I wrote two posts on this point. What did I write?
10-04-2022 00:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18436)
duncan61 wrote:
ITN why do you get to decide what is a buzzword.

Any undefined word, when used in any sentence, is a buzzword.

Examples: climate change (since climate has no value associated with it that can change), global warming (without describing beginning and end points or the method of measuring the global temperature), climate crisis, pollution (without describing what is being polluted or what is polluting it or why the pollutant is, in fact, harmful in anyway), ocean acidification, fossil fuel (since fossils don't burn), etc.
duncan61 wrote:
Any one who writes RQAA is an ahole as it infers you know everything and are not to be questioned yet you write [you are not king]This would be unacceptable anywhere but on a internet debate forum.Serious

RQAA means Repetitive Question Already Answered. It does not infer anything. It states that I have already answered the question and will not bother to answer it again. I don't perform for my supper. It is mindless to ask the same question over and over when it's already been answered. It is also common among religious believers such as those in the Church of Global Warming.
duncan61 wrote:
.Duncans definition of [genuine substance].The 30 cans of full strength beer I have just Purchased

Okay. Defined. Any time I see you use this phrase, I will assume this definition.

See how easy this is? You can't define a buzzword with itself, or by using any other buzzword. You have successfully defined 'genuine substance'.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-04-2022 00:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18436)
duncan61 wrote:
And now we move on to substance abuse


Already defined. 'Substance abuse' is the use of any substance (typically ingested) that is addictive and causes harm to the human body.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-04-2022 01:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18436)
duncan61 wrote:
I have my opinions based on real life experience.

So?
duncan61 wrote:
I have posted I did year 10 high school then went to trade school.

As always, credentials mean nothing here.
duncan61 wrote:
I have been asking and getting questions answered for 3 years.

As always, anecdotes mean nothing here.
duncan61 wrote:
You have given a great example of how you focus on one word then start insulting.

I have known IBdaMann for many years. He has a low tolerance for fundamentalists (which you are, by continuing to attempt to prove the Church of Global Warming True), or those that continue to spew random numbers like they were data.

Like me, he will try to point out these flaws in arguments, but his tolerance for fundamentalists is quite low. He is an atheist, is a very capable mathematician and scientist, and understands philosophy quite well.

He and I have watched the Church of Global Warming, the Church of Green, the Church of the Ozone Hole, the Church of Covid (which all stem from the Church of Karl Marx); over the years attempt to subvert and destroy liberty. He is angry about it, and frankly, I don't blame him one bit for it.

He has found that it is next to impossible to try to change the mind of a fundamentalist. So he makes fun of them instead. I really don't blame him here either.

The destruction, the misery, the poverty, and the tyranny these religions bring is terrible. It comes by illiteracy. Instead of the light of knowledge, people move into the night. My moniker stands as a warning.

I am willing to educate those very few that actually come here (or on other forums I visit) about the math these religions ignore, the science these religions ignore, and the logic these religions ignore.

Some have listened. They will forever oppose the tyranny these religions try to impose. They are free of the mindless parroting used by these religious types, including you. I am the Parrot Killer (hence my icon). I kill parrots for entertainment purposes...if I can. I free them from the parroting coming from the Democrats and religious leaders.
duncan61 wrote:
I am happy to be at the kiddies table.

Because you prefer to remain within the religion. You are actually afraid to become free.
duncan61 wrote:
The sun is shining on this wonderful Autumn day.The sea is full of fish and stuff which I can not be bothered harvesting.Last weekend I went to the farm area I shoot in Waroona and my .222 Ruger is still in zero and I loosed a few through the 7mm Sendero just for fun.

Hope you enjoyed yourself. Hanging over you, however, are the clouds of religious fundamentalism.
duncan61 wrote:
A question. How many posters have left this forum because of you and how many because of me?

None and none.

People come and go here, all voluntarily. No one is forced to leave, except by Branner, and only under very clear circumstances.

I cannot ban anyone. I don't want to ban opposing views.
IBDaMann cannot ban anyone. He doesn't want to ban anyone with opposing views. He'll make fun of them of course, but that is no banning them.
gfm cannot ban anyone. He doesn't want to ban anyone with opposing views.

The only idiots asking for bans around here are sitting at the kiddie table.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-04-2022 01:50
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18436)
duncan61 wrote:
I looked up buzzword and it is actually a buzzword its self.We are not permitted to use google on this forum but I am happy with the definition I found.


No, it is not. 'Buzzword' itself has a specific definition and etymology for it.

First appearing around 1935 or so from a childrens game of counting, replacing, say, 7 or any multiples of it with 'buzz', it became known as the buzz word. 'Buzz' itself first appeared around 1862 as a fuzzing sound or hum. Such sounds have been used to mask speech or other chosen sources of noise in times of war. Sometimes accidentally, such as when working around such systems where technicians literally can't understand each other without a closed intercom system and headsets.

By 1946, the compounded form of the word started appearing at Harvard, referring to techno jargon used in various papers and lectures. These too were used to mask plain speech, by filling it with useless jargon.

Since then, the term has stood to mean any word that is jargon, not itself defined. In other words, an undefined word (or phrase).

The word 'jargon' itself comes from Latin, first appearing in the 12th century (as far as we know). It means chatter, idle talk, unintelligible talk, or gibberish. It has been compared to chickens clucking. Noise without meaning (one example appears in The Music Man).

Use of a buzzword creates a void argument fallacy, since the word itself carries no meaning.

Speak and write plainly. Avoid their use, and you will get far. Depend on them, and you will get nowhere. It really is pretty simple, but hard for those so dependent on them to break that habit.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 10-04-2022 01:57
RE: "Thienth Geniuth" (Get a room?)10-04-2022 02:24
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
"Thienth Geniuth" (Get a room?)

Maybe it isn't always so fun to be a genius.

But when trolls DO "get a room", they can reassure each other that scientific credentials are MEANINGLESS.

They can offer mutual praise for their superlative genius in all things scientific.

Besides, they never even LIKED college anyway!

Staying in would have just contaminated their fine minds with Marxist garbage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IBdaMann wrote:

For the last two years on this site you have been a total ashsole to those who tried to help you. Meanwhile you assist every dishonest fuqq who comes to this site to preach physics violations by playing front-row teacher's pet and then pretending to denigrate those who add science to the discussion. \

One would think that you, of all people, would avoid throwing around criticisms when you yourself are as stupid as a half-inch hex bolt ... but NOOOOO, you feel obligated to regurgitate whatever your fellow "thienth geniuth" role-player is ordering you to say. You never learned anything and you resent those who actually got an education. I'm thinking that instead of trying to help you, everybody should just marvel at how stupid you are and point out every single idiocy for public discussion. If you aren't going to contribute positively and instead are going to insult those who are discussing topics you can't grasp then perhaps we should make you the center of discussion.

I'm just going to mock the schytt out of you. At least I'll be entertained rather than frustrated.

Let's roll!

You just gave a good example of how you don't understand anything that you read, making others wonder how you manage to wander through life. I discuss entire concepts and you are only capable of digesting those examples that center on a single word. Multiple words exceed your understanding. And now, of the many hundreds of my posts upon which your gaze has befallen, you can only recall ... one word ... and you now conclude that all that time I must have "focused" only on that word.

You are dim.


I can see that you are happy at the kids' table, because now you have squeal over there as well and finally you have someone with whom to play "thienth geniuth".

What did I write?
12-04-2022 17:42
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(348)
sealover wrote:
Besides, they never even LIKED college anyway!

You know, I never went to college, but I still saved a lot of lives.

The way I figure it, every BJ I gave while hustling meant that poor loser wasn't going to pick up a gun, go to the local outlet mall and shoot everyone.

Stress relief is so important, and I had a master degree in that!
12-04-2022 17:46
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11782)
GretaGroupie wrote:Stress relief is so important, and I had a master degree in that!

Acts 11:29 - Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:

12-04-2022 19:05
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(348)
IBdaMann wrote:
Acts 11:29 - Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:

OK, the fishy thing over the groin (not reposting) is a little suggestive. This ain't Grindr.

AFTERTHOUGHT: but the megaphone is cool!
Edited on 12-04-2022 19:06
12-04-2022 19:08
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4241)
GretaGroupie wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Acts 11:29 - Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:

OK, the fishy thing over the groin (not reposting) is a little suggestive. This ain't Grindr.

AFTERTHOUGHT: but the megaphone is cool!


It's a Jesus fish...
14-04-2022 18:59
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(348)
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's a Jesus fish...

Yeah but Jesus that fish looks like a thing!
15-04-2022 03:20
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11782)
GretaGroupie wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's a Jesus fish...

Yeah but Jesus that fish looks like a thing!


































.
Attached image:

15-04-2022 10:49
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
Is this about Christianity?

Is there a message to be understood?




IBdaMann wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's a Jesus fish...

Yeah but Jesus that fish looks like a thing!


































.
15-04-2022 13:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11782)
Im a BM wrote:Is this about Christianity? Is there a message to be understood?

No, silly, this is about Biogeochristianity. It's so much more than just Christianity. Biogeochristianity includes all the standard science of the Christian disciplines but also includes the earth and humanity. Blogeochristians know to run the glory-spec on soul samples to ensure there is no hexavalent chromium in their salvation. And they check for arsenic too.

Cheers.
15-04-2022 18:20
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(348)
IBdaMann wrote:

Okay I get it. But you put it right over the macho trolls boy thingy.

I guess some of my pics are close to the edge too (!!! - I'm getting better) so that's okay.


the prof turned me onto yes too (got it again!!)


AFTERTHOUGHT: I'm not replying to Im a BM
Edited on 15-04-2022 18:21
15-04-2022 18:25
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11782)
GretaGroupie wrote:Okay I get it. But you put it right over the macho trolls boy thingy.

I don't know that trolls have "boy thingies". Do you?
15-04-2022 18:45
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(348)
IBdaMann wrote:
I don't know that trolls have "boy thingies". Do you?

How do you think they make baby trolls?

15-04-2022 20:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11782)
GretaGroupie wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I don't know that trolls have "boy thingies". Do you?

How do you think they make baby trolls?


Enlighten me. This presumes there are such things as "baby trolls." I have never seen one.
16-04-2022 16:21
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(348)
IBdaMann wrote:
Enlighten me. This presumes there are such things as "baby trolls." I have never seen one.

So you never had kids?

Oh I'm so sorry that was mean


But a little funny too
Page 2 of 3<123>





Join the debate reminder of the rules:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The USA Must Change The President Election Rules To Make Life More Fair & Interesting128-07-2021 04:43
Trump Sued Over New Coal Rules014-08-2019 02:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact