CHATGPT RULES THE WORLD... OR, AT LEAST, THE HOME

CHATGPT RULES THE WORLD... OR, AT LEAST, THE HOME22-05-2023 20:16
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
link

9 Comments by: Al Williams
May 22, 2023

With all the hype about ChatGPT, it has to have crossed your mind: how can I make it control devices? On the utopia side, you could say, "Hey, ChatGPT, figure out what hours I'm usually home and set the thermostat higher when I am away." On the dysfunctional side, the AI could lock you in your home and torment you like some horror movie. We aren't to either extreme yet, but [Chris] couldn't resist writing a ChatGPT plugin to control a Raspberry Pi. You can see a video of how it turned out below.

According to [Chris], writing a ChatGPT plugin is actually much simpler than you think. You can see in the video the AI can intuit what lights to turn on and off based on your activity, and, of course, many more things are possible. It can even detect snoring.

In a bit of self-referential work, ChatGPT actually wrote a good bit of the code required. Here's the prompt:

Write me a Python Flask API to run on a Raspberry Pi and control some lights attached to GPIO pins.

I have the following lights:

Kitchen: pin 6
Bedroom: pin 13
Dining table: pin 19
Bathroom: pin 26
Lounge: pin 5

I want the following endpoints:

get lights - returns the list of lights along with their current state
post toggle_light - switches a light on or off

It also took the code and generated an OpenAPI file for it automatically. Pretty slick!

Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg of what you could do with a system like this. We are both excited and a little nervous about what will happen when AI takes over more real-world hardware.

As we've pointed out, ChatGPT is great for tedious programming tasks, but you do need to verify that it is getting things right. We aren't going to be put out of work by AI — at least, not yet.

Little disturbing that people are so eager to surrender to the AI overlords... There is a link to the project page, if you go to the article I linked. He only did harmless lights, but it could be anything. The disturbing part, is that he had ChatGPT write the code for him. No big deal, since it was a simplistic proof-of-concept, and he could have wrote the code himself. Scary, is any moron could do this, without even knowing how to program. Not being able to check what ChatGPT wrote, will work as requested.
22-05-2023 21:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
HarveyH55 wrote:
link

9 Comments by: Al Williams
May 22, 2023

With all the hype about ChatGPT, it has to have crossed your mind: how can I make it control devices? On the utopia side, you could say, "Hey, ChatGPT, figure out what hours I'm usually home and set the thermostat higher when I am away." On the dysfunctional side, the AI could lock you in your home and torment you like some horror movie. We aren't to either extreme yet, but [Chris] couldn't resist writing a ChatGPT plugin to control a Raspberry Pi. You can see a video of how it turned out below.

According to [Chris], writing a ChatGPT plugin is actually much simpler than you think. You can see in the video the AI can intuit what lights to turn on and off based on your activity, and, of course, many more things are possible. It can even detect snoring.

In a bit of self-referential work, ChatGPT actually wrote a good bit of the code required. Here's the prompt:

Write me a Python Flask API to run on a Raspberry Pi and control some lights attached to GPIO pins.

I have the following lights:

Kitchen: pin 6
Bedroom: pin 13
Dining table: pin 19
Bathroom: pin 26
Lounge: pin 5

I want the following endpoints:

get lights - returns the list of lights along with their current state
post toggle_light - switches a light on or off

It also took the code and generated an OpenAPI file for it automatically. Pretty slick!

Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg of what you could do with a system like this. We are both excited and a little nervous about what will happen when AI takes over more real-world hardware.

As we've pointed out, ChatGPT is great for tedious programming tasks, but you do need to verify that it is getting things right. We aren't going to be put out of work by AI — at least, not yet.

Little disturbing that people are so eager to surrender to the AI overlords... There is a link to the project page, if you go to the article I linked. He only did harmless lights, but it could be anything. The disturbing part, is that he had ChatGPT write the code for him. No big deal, since it was a simplistic proof-of-concept, and he could have wrote the code himself. Scary, is any moron could do this, without even knowing how to program. Not being able to check what ChatGPT wrote, will work as requested.

No one even seems to care that chatgpt could alter the tilt of the Earth, or even flip the Earths magnetic field in the process.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Join the debate CHATGPT RULES THE WORLD... OR, AT LEAST, THE HOME:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier heads home after elevators and catapults fail again003-01-2024 02:33
Ho Ho Ho, did everyone send in their Christmas list? A few ground rules though228-12-2023 19:16
Let's Talk ChatGPT (Did You See What I Did There?)3112-05-2023 16:51
Breaking news... Uncensored Trump backup secret camera video of the FBI raid on Trumps home216-08-2022 14:23
Many Big Ideas For Global Currencies Using Rules In The Current World Financial System010-08-2022 09:51
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact