Page 4 of 5<<<2345>
22-01-2022 04:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:
Listen guys (gals), petrolheads/gearheads have an important and unique responsibility in life and that is to;
"keep Police pursuit drivers in tip top form for when they have real criminals to chase".

Now get out there and give future generations the equipment to fulfill their responsibilities!

In the 1970's the saying was that the radio was faster than the car.

No such 'saying'. Radio, being light, is faster than a car.
James___ wrote:
In today's world why can't law enforcement fire a tracking beacon at a motor vehicle?

Damage to said vehicle, risk of hitting an innocent bystander, risk of injury of occupants in target vehicle, and unconstitutional.
James___ wrote:
And if they stop to remove it, the police catch them.

Removing a projectile from a car is not illegal. Indeed, said driver could sue the police.
James___ wrote:
And if they don't stop, the police track them.

Unconstitutional.
James___ wrote:
There is no need to risk innocent bystanders.

I have already outlined the risk to innocent bystanders.
James___ wrote:
If people die as the result of police pursuit then the police are responsible yet are blameless when it comes to the loss of life.

Because the person eluding the police is responsible.

Am clueless as to what you said. It's like we have a reservation because people are tooo stupid. What is tooo stupid?

?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-01-2022 04:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXoOndMA5u8
Edited on 22-01-2022 04:18
22-01-2022 10:07
(21599)
James___ wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXoOndMA5u8

Do you have some reason to post random youtube links?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-01-2022 17:18
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:
Listen guys (gals), petrolheads/gearheads have an important and unique responsibility in life and that is to;
"keep Police pursuit drivers in tip top form for when they have real criminals to chase".

Now get out there and give future generations the equipment to fulfill their responsibilities!

In the 1970's the saying was that the radio was faster than the car. In today's world why can't law enforcement fire a tracking beacon at a motor vehicle? And if they stop to remove it, the police catch them.
And if they don't stop, the police track them. There is no need to risk innocent bystanders. If people die as the result of police pursuit then the police are responsible yet are blameless when it comes to the loss of life.

It's been tried, and failed... Difficult to get a tracker to stay on. The car's body has a variety of textures, materials, contours. Magnets don't work. Adhesives don't work, since most cars filthy, or freshly waxed. Something fired, that can embed in a car, can also embed in your skull... It's difficult hitting a moving target, from a moving vehicle, specially at high speed. They also need to be very close. Isn't it safer to focus on driving, than lining up a dream shot at the fleeing car?

If it's a stolen car, it'll be found abandoned soon enough. Most stolen vehicles, are usually a one night of fun deal anyway. It's grand theft, and the longer you keep it, the more likely you'll get caught.

But, don't despair. Cops don't have to fire anything, since tracking is already built-in to most new model, smart-cars... There has be sort of a 'blackbox' built-in for decades. The data recorded is mostly for diagnostics, but they also record your driving habits. Not sure how much 'sharing' goes on with law enforcement, and insurance companies. For a sufficient fee, anything can be accessed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAqZb52sgpU

I've mentioned it many times, but should go over it again... I use dial-up internet, which is good enough for most of what I use it for. I have a lot of problems with graphic-heavy pages. YouTube, videos take a long time, just to load the page, then even longer to load and play. When you just post a link, with no description, it's immediately ignored. I'm not going to waste 20-30 minutes, on some silly, irrelevant nonsense, that you found amusing. Or maybe, just getting me to waste the time, is the amusement...

Mostly, even if I had high-speed internet, I still probably wouldn't click the links. A 15 minute video, still takes 15 minutes to watch. With no description, why even bother starting the video, just to abort? Wonder how many people actually click your blind link videos...
22-01-2022 22:36
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:

In the 1970's the saying was that the radio was faster than the car. In today's world why can't law enforcement fire a tracking beacon at a motor vehicle? And if they stop to remove it, the police catch them.
And if they don't stop, the police track them. There is no need to risk innocent bystanders. If people die as the result of police pursuit then the police are responsible yet are blameless when it comes to the loss of life.

It's been tried, and failed... Difficult to get a tracker to stay on. The car's body has a variety of textures, materials, contours. Magnets don't work. Adhesives don't work, since most cars filthy, or freshly waxed. Something fired, that can embed in a car, can also embed in your skull... It's difficult hitting a moving target, from a moving vehicle, specially at high speed. They also need to be very close. Isn't it safer to focus on driving, than lining up a dream shot at the fleeing car?

If it's a stolen car, it'll be found abandoned soon enough. Most stolen vehicles, are usually a one night of fun deal anyway. It's grand theft, and the longer you keep it, the more likely you'll get caught.

But, don't despair. Cops don't have to fire anything, since tracking is already built-in to most new model, smart-cars... There has be sort of a 'blackbox' built-in for decades. The data recorded is mostly for diagnostics, but they also record your driving habits. Not sure how much 'sharing' goes on with law enforcement, and insurance companies. For a sufficient fee, anything can be accessed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAqZb52sgpU

I've mentioned it many times, but should go over it again... I use dial-up internet, which is good enough for most of what I use it for. I have a lot of problems with graphic-heavy pages. YouTube, videos take a long time, just to load the page, then even longer to load and play. When you just post a link, with no description, it's immediately ignored. I'm not going to waste 20-30 minutes, on some silly, irrelevant nonsense, that you found amusing. Or maybe, just getting me to waste the time, is the amusement...

Mostly, even if I had high-speed internet, I still probably wouldn't click the links. A 15 minute video, still takes 15 minutes to watch. With no description, why even bother starting the video, just to abort? Wonder how many people actually click your blind link videos...

There are lot of people that just can't appreciate that a lot of people are still using dial-up or DSL for their internet.

They can't understand the time it takes to get data on such networks. These channels are limited to voice quality audio. That's all the bandwidth you get (about 3Khz).

The Parrot Killer

23-01-2022 01:12
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Coby 1 wrote:
Hi All,

I hope you are all well.

Question (i):
Where would be an ideal location for a 'wind farm', when optimum turbine rotation and ambient temperature of distribution cabling are considered?

Question (ii):
Where would be the optimum location for 'solar panels' to be erected, when hours of sunlight and ambient temperature are considered?

Question (iii):
Where would be the optimum location for tidal power stations to be sited, when continuity of supply and the replacement of 'nuclear power' are considered?

It is already under construction in the Pilbara West Australia.Twiggy Forest of FMG has decided to build wind and solar on all his mining leases.There are virtually no people living in the area and it is sunny 350 days a year and the wind howls most of the year.It will generate enough power to supply most of South East Asia up to and including Hong Kong.I am not sure about the East coast of Australia but West Australia is carbon nuetral now.There is one coal fired power station in Collie at blue water that is surrounded by state forest and the rest of our power comes from gas turbines at refineries that are hooked in to the grid and can boost the supply instantly.Perths power demand doubles in the summer and the system can cope.Gas is cheap and in great supply so nearly all heating in winter is gas.I have tested the gas hotplate at my house and the best reading I could get without burning my hand was around 2000 ppm which is less than I breath out all day long.It is good that the rest of the world has managed to get CO2 up to 400ppm which is just the right amount for plants and trees.It has dropped slightly since I have had the CO2 meter

duncan61
23-01-2022 06:51
(5197)
duncan61 wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:
Hi All,

I hope you are all well.

Question (i):
Where would be an ideal location for a 'wind farm', when optimum turbine rotation and ambient temperature of distribution cabling are considered?

Question (ii):
Where would be the optimum location for 'solar panels' to be erected, when hours of sunlight and ambient temperature are considered?

Question (iii):
Where would be the optimum location for tidal power stations to be sited, when continuity of supply and the replacement of 'nuclear power' are considered?

It is already under construction in the Pilbara West Australia.Twiggy Forest of FMG has decided to build wind and solar on all his mining leases.There are virtually no people living in the area and it is sunny 350 days a year and the wind howls most of the year.It will generate enough power to supply most of South East Asia up to and including Hong Kong.I am not sure about the East coast of Australia but West Australia is carbon nuetral now.There is one coal fired power station in Collie at blue water that is surrounded by state forest and the rest of our power comes from gas turbines at refineries that are hooked in to the grid and can boost the supply instantly.Perths power demand doubles in the summer and the system can cope.Gas is cheap and in great supply so nearly all heating in winter is gas.I have tested the gas hotplate at my house and the best reading I could get without burning my hand was around 2000 ppm which is less than I breath out all day long.It is good that the rest of the world has managed to get CO2 up to 400ppm which is just the right amount for plants and trees.It has dropped slightly since I have had the CO2 meter

400 ppm isn't just right for plants. It's good enough to get by on. Plants do their best in the 800 ppm range. CO2 isn't consistent across the entire planet, it varies a great deal. Below 180 ppm plants are starving and dying... Think that plants would be happier with a global average around 600 ppm.
23-01-2022 08:15
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:
Hi All,

I hope you are all well.

Question (i):

Question (ii):

Question (iii):

Using methane (natural gas) for heating is not 'carbon neutral'.

There really is no such thing as 'carbon neutral'. Your own breathing exhales carbon dioxide.
What are you going to do? Tell the people, and the 'roos, and the wombats, and the gators they can't breath anymore? I'd love to see some twit try to convince the sharks and the stingrays to not produce CO2 anymore!

There is no need to panic about CO2. It is a necessary gas for life to exist on Earth. It has absolutely no capability to warm the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

23-01-2022 08:24
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:
Hi All,

I hope you are all well.

Question (i):

Question (ii):

Question (iii):

400 ppm isn't just right for plants. It's good enough to get by on. Plants do their best in the 800 ppm range. CO2 isn't consistent across the entire planet, it varies a great deal. Below 180 ppm plants are starving and dying... Think that plants would be happier with a global average around 600 ppm.

Plants don't need oxygen. They need CO2 and water (but not soda water!) and light, primarily. They use this to produce the sugars (carbohydrates) used to feed the plant (and us!). Plants produce oxygen as a byproduct of this.

What color light? Primarily blue. (You can use blue LEDs for this purpose). Red lights are also part of plant lights because red helps with flower development and certain other properties in the plant besides just basic growth.

LED's are ideal because they are cool, and won't roast the plant you are trying to grow!

The Parrot Killer

23-01-2022 15:28
(5197)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:
Hi All,

I hope you are all well.

Question (i):

Question (ii):

Question (iii):

Plants don't need oxygen. They need CO2 and water (but not soda water!) and light, primarily. They use this to produce the sugars (carbohydrates) used to feed the plant (and us!). Plants produce oxygen as a byproduct of this.

What color light? Primarily blue. (You can use blue LEDs for this purpose). Red lights are also part of plant lights because red helps with flower development and certain other properties in the plant besides just basic growth.

LED's are ideal because they are cool, and won't roast the plant you are trying to grow!

LEDs are more efficient, because you can be selective of the wavelength emitted. They aren't exactly cool though. The high wattage LEDs do get hot, and need heat-sinks, sometimes active cooling (fan). The 3 watt and 5 watt LEDs I've worked with get warm in a few minutes, using heat-sinks salvaged, and intended for transistors. Been good enough for the 20-30 minutes I need to run them. For growing plants, I'd probably want to provide better. I'm not over driving them either, about 80% of their rated current. Shouldn't cook plants, but they do need thermal management.
23-01-2022 15:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:
Hi All,

I hope you are all well.

Question (i):

Question (ii):

Question (iii):

It's funny but I'll probably move to Spain and see if I can invent the windmill. Of course if a windmill can work (my own design) then I can probably create jobs in Spain and Australia. Just not sure why this showed up in my Facebook feed for.
Of course carbon capture and desalination might benefit from a better solar panel. Basically one that doesn't need the Sun. I happen to like Star Trek and science so why not pursue my hobbies?

p.s., besides, Australia has some pretty cool wildlife.

https://www.facebook.com/DestinationPerth/photos/a.378879548644/10159292549823645/?__cft__[0]=AZW4IxOiTadN85IqJ_rI5P7bgVuWNYScqKvzJVxY5o1U2C8OHReG4K5BZppxrhBF0WDVB-SGNllyMD6lsWyQtFjh9KPPH1NnIswwoPMam_VZTtr2bzx6uH1GfL3djet5V76ZI8KZEE1XydLypyibNiAJID7BffTC0LPGajZlPf1mldr4R8orpH0iMBnJVArLfNiJUb5Vxl1V05w-QnvJPaMd&__tn__=EH-R
Edited on 23-01-2022 15:58
23-01-2022 21:47
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:
Hi All,

I hope you are all well.

Question (i):

Question (ii):

Question (iii):

LEDs are more efficient, because you can be selective of the wavelength emitted.

That, and they aren't using Stefan-Boltzmann to emit light.
HarveyH55 wrote:
They aren't exactly cool though.

They are exactly cool.
HarveyH55 wrote:
The high wattage LEDs do get hot, and need heat-sinks, sometimes active cooling (fan).

Plants do not need high power LEDs.
HarveyH55 wrote:
The 3 watt and 5 watt LEDs I've worked with get warm in a few minutes, using heat-sinks salvaged, and intended for transistors.

Plants do not need high power LEDs.
HarveyH55 wrote:
For growing plants, I'd probably want to provide better.

Use normal T1 style or surface mount LEDs, about half blue and half red.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm not over driving them either, about 80% of their rated current. Shouldn't cook plants, but they do need thermal management.

No, they don't. You do not need high power LEDs. Use the T1 style or the 0805 style. No heat sink required.

You can even get LED plant lights already constructed with a timer and everything from Amazon.

The Parrot Killer

26-01-2022 14:13
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
You still don't seem to get the 'Global' nature of the problem:

There are a finite amount of resources for the construction of wind turbines and solar panels.
Therefore each much be used to its' maximum potential.
Wind turbines to the polar regions, where they can rotate freely and to their maximum output.
Solar panels to the desert regions, where the sun always shines and they don't get rain and crap stuck all over them.

Other regions of the world need to work out how to achieve 'continuity of supply' using tidal power alone, once the locations for the tidal power stations have been worked out, the output of each station can be calculated.

Any other method of powering the planet will just prolong the need for fossil fuels/nuclear (which unfortunately appears to be the goal of the corrupt and the stupid).
26-01-2022 14:48
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Australia is an island:

Tidal power around Australia would therefore provide continuity of supply + it has desert regions perfect for solar power to export.

No need for gas.

But it has bird life so wind power is not the sensible option - move the turbines to the south pole.
Best effort so far though.
26-01-2022 14:57
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Have you guys decided global warming isn't going to come fast enough, so you're going to bore us all to death?
26-01-2022 15:06
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Dear brainwashed Coby1
I am not familar with Arctic conditions but am familiar with Antartica
.Are you suggesting putting very expensive wind turbines in minus 80.C conditions and expect them to work? there is a 6 week window in summer when it is possible to go to Antartica where it will be around -20.I am certain you are convinced it is all melting and now it will all fall in the sea anyway.The crowning turd in the water pipe is how are you going to get the power out in 60 foot seas to any useable amount when the coastline advances and retreats many 100s of Kilometers every year
.A gas turbine engine like the ones you see on international jets have enough grunt to generate 350-500 GWh each and take up about 2x40 foot seatainers of space.You can put them any where and tap them in to the grid.If CO2 reduction is your game it will take 7 billion years to get a return on investment for trying to build wind turbines in a polar desert.The ship carting the gear will use more fuel than a gas turbine.
Solar panels in the desert
Its snowing in the Sahara right now.Ever heard of a dust storm.The maintenance bill will be more than the profit on the gaylord DC output of a solar panel array.
Life expectancy on a coal fired plant is about 70 years with constant upgrades its primitive and costly to build
Gas turbines are the cheapest to build and run and are good for around 20 years then they are out of date and not worth rebuilding.A rolls royce jet did over a million miles in its lifetime.Pollution from burning gas is zero to nothing.The latest design runs a pair and the exhaust heat is used to run a third small steam generator
I have personal experience in all these fields and am open to questions
26-01-2022 15:24
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
If you have problems with your products don't come bleating to me.

Quit your bitching and remember what's at the end of the line!
26-01-2022 15:26
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Do you understand 'continuity of supply'?
Do you realize the moon goes around the earth and isn't going to stop?
26-01-2022 15:28
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Coby 1 wrote:

You have yet to define the problem. Please explain it.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
26-01-2022 15:30
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Quite a number of scientists have already defined the problem.

Can you breath petrol fumes?
26-01-2022 15:35
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Coby 1 wrote:

What problem have they defined?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
26-01-2022 16:16
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Coby 1 wrote:

Are you responding to my post or something else.Whats at the end of the line The planet has never been so clean and green.I have been to Gloucestershire its a beautiful part of the world.The latest data is showing the warming has ceased and is now going the other way.Oooops

duncan61
26-01-2022 16:29
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:

Such a simple straightforward question, yet you'll never get a simple straightforward response to it...
26-01-2022 17:01
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:

Such a simple straightforward question, yet you'll never get a simple straightforward response to it...

I was starting to think there was some sensibility remaining in the UK when they ditched the mask mandates...but Coby 1 is showing plenty of stupidity remains.

Coby 1, you are requesting life altering pocket draining changes to billions of lives because there is some problem. Is there some reason you can't tell us what you believe the problem to be? I smell a hoax!

26-01-2022 17:07
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
The choice is a simple picture of:

(i) Heaven (a Swiss watch ticking along for generations to come, supplying electricity to the entire population at nothing more than 'maintenance costs').

(ii) Hell (ever increasing temperatures, melting ice caps, land going under water ending with the last man on top of mount Everest with all of the money in the world).
26-01-2022 17:40
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Coby 1 wrote:

(i) Heaven (a Swiss watch ticking along for generations to come, supplying electricity to the entire population at nothing more than 'maintenance costs').

(ii) Hell (ever increasing temperatures, melting ice caps, land going under water ending with the last man on top of mount Everest with all of the money in the world).

Ahhhh, we're getting somewhere! Thank you.

Now, the final step is also easy. Just explain in YOUR OWN WORDS, what it is that will cause such a rise in temperatures.

After we both understand and agree there is a problem, then we can work together to fix it.

26-01-2022 18:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14413)
Coby 1 wrote:

[Marxist Utopia]: (a Swiss watch ticking along for generations to come, supplying electricity to the entire population [for FREE!] at nothing more than 'maintenance costs').

[Capitalist Hell]: Climate Armageddon ... and we should panic! panic! panic! ... with greedy capitalists causing it all in their lustful pursuit of every dollar on the planet.

You are the first person to finally present a clear, scientific and thorough explanation of the threat. I wish someone had told me this years ago so I could have abandoned my pointless attempts to feed my family and instead lobbied for sufficiently higher taxation that would enable the government to save the planet from ... well, basically from conservatives.

I just didn't know ... until now. Thank you. I have some major changes to make in my life and I need to start right away.

How do you suggest I begin disabling those pesky laws of science and of economics? Should I start at the grass roots level and begin canvassing my neighborhood? I'm open to suggestions.
26-01-2022 19:23
(14413)
Coby 1 wrote:Quite a number of scientists have already defined the problem.

1. Do you happen to know this number?
2. Who specifically (give me a name) has defined the problem?
3. What is the definition?

Coby 1 wrote:Can you breath petrol fumes?

I can, all day. I can practically drink the stuff. Give me fuel, give me fire, give that which I desire. I don't know if you realize this but fuel is pumping engines, burning hard, loose and clean. The way I burn, it churns my direction so I quench my thirst with gasoline.

It's pretty straightforward. Be careful about burning your face upon the chrome. If you take the corner you only join the crash, so give me fuel and give me fire. Notice that electric motors are entirely secondary and aren't even mentioned.

Any other questions?

26-01-2022 20:37
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Coby 1 wrote:Can you breath petrol fumes?

IBdaMann wrote:
I can, all day. I can practically drink the stuff.

What?! You too?

There's no better night cap than a 91 octane gasoline with a splash of ethanol...on the rocks. We call it the "GasGuzzler". It's a real treat, although my bar tab has doubled this past year.

This is my wife on our first date. She was so sexy pounding a GasGuzzler in the back alley!

Attached image:

Edited on 26-01-2022 20:49
26-01-2022 21:11
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Give me fuel, give me fire, give that which I desire. I don't know if you realize this but fuel is pumping engines, burning hard, loose and clean. The way I burn, it churns my direction so I quench my thirst with gasoline.

It's pretty straightforward. Be careful about burning your face upon the chrome. If you take the corner you only join the crash, so give me fuel and give me fire. Notice that electric motors are entirely secondary and aren't even mentioned.

I understood what you were referencing right away at the bolded.
26-01-2022 21:24
(14413)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Give me fuel, give me fire, give that which I desire. I don't know if you realize this but fuel is pumping engines, burning hard, loose and clean. The way I burn, it churns my direction so I quench my thirst with gasoline.

Now you have a little better insight into how my brain works/falters. I read the (stupid) question "Can you breathe petrol vapors?" and that is what immediately came to mind.

You might be interested to know that I opted to have some media streaming to that effect while I was writing the post ... you know, for good measure.
26-01-2022 23:06
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Now you have a little better insight into how my brain works/falters. I read the (stupid) question "Can you breathe petrol vapors?" and that is what immediately came to mind.

You might be interested to know that I opted to have some media streaming to that effect while I was writing the post ... you know, for good measure.

Of course! And thanks to you, I've been streaming the same media.
26-01-2022 23:09
(21599)
Coby 1 wrote:

Define The Problem.
Coby 1 wrote:
There are a finite amount of resources for the construction of wind turbines and solar panels.
Therefore each much be used to its' maximum potential.

Why use them at all?
Coby 1 wrote:
Wind turbines to the polar regions, where they can rotate freely and to their maximum output.

Wind turbines don't work in icing conditions.
Coby 1 wrote:
Solar panels to the desert regions, where the sun always shines and they don't get rain and crap stuck all over them.

Deserts have wind and sand. Solar panels are destroyed by wind and sand.
Coby 1 wrote:
Other regions of the world need to work out how to achieve 'continuity of supply' using tidal power alone, once the locations for the tidal power stations have been worked out, the output of each station can be calculated.

Tidal stations require shallow water and good anchorage. They are also high maintenance. They also do not produce continuous power.
Coby 1 wrote:
Any other method of powering the planet will just prolong the need for fossil fuels

There is no such thing as 'fossil fuels'. Fossils don't burn. No one uses them for fuel.
Coby 1 wrote:
or nuclear (which unfortunately appears to be the goal of the corrupt and the stupid).

Nuclear power works, dude. It can also be quite safe. Like any machine, it requires safe operation.

No single power source is used to generate electricity. You are also AGAIN ignoring the losses on transmission lines and in conversion equipment.

YOU don't get to dictate energy markets. People will use the type of energy they want.

The Parrot Killer

26-01-2022 23:13
(21599)
Coby 1 wrote:
Australia is an island:

Tidal power around Australia would therefore provide continuity of supply + it has desert regions perfect for solar power to export.

No need for gas.

But it has bird life so wind power is not the sensible option - move the turbines to the south pole.
Best effort so far though.

Australia also has plenty of natural gas.

Solar power is the most expensive form of generating electrical power, watt for watt.
Wind is the 2nd most expensive.

Natural gas is much cheaper.

Wind turbines do not operate in icing conditions.

You are still ignoring transmission line losses.

Solar power is available only during the day. Panels mounted in deserts are subject to wind and sand damage. They are also not cheap. They also produce piddle power.

The Parrot Killer

26-01-2022 23:14
(21599)
Coby 1 wrote:
Have you guys decided global warming isn't going to come fast enough, so you're going to bore us all to death?

Define 'global warming'.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

26-01-2022 23:16
(21599)
Coby 1 wrote:

He isn't stating any problems. YOU are.
Coby 1 wrote:

What? You never specified.

The Parrot Killer

26-01-2022 23:18
(21599)
Coby 1 wrote:
Do you understand 'continuity of supply'?
Do you realize the moon goes around the earth and isn't going to stop?

How is that supply?

The Parrot Killer

26-01-2022 23:19
(21599)
Coby 1 wrote:

Who? What theory of science was used? Remember that science is not scientists.
Coby 1 wrote:
Can you breath petrol fumes?

Define 'petrol fumes'.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 26-01-2022 23:20
26-01-2022 23:22
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:

Are you responding to my post or something else.Whats at the end of the line The planet has never been so clean and green.I have been to Gloucestershire its a beautiful part of the world.The latest data is showing the warming has ceased and is now going the other way.Oooops

There is no data.

The Parrot Killer

26-01-2022 23:28
(21599)
Coby 1 wrote:

False dilemma fallacy. Non-sequitur fallacy. A Swiss watch does not supply electrical power to anyone.

What increasing temperatures? It is not possible to measure the temperature of Earth.
What melting ice caps? It is not possible to measure the total snow and ice content of Earth.
What land going under water? It is not possible to measure the global sea level of Earth.
The tallest mountain (measured from it's base to it's peak) is not Mt Everest. It's the Big Island of Hawaii.

The Parrot Killer

Page 4 of 5<<<2345>

Join the debate Power Generation/Distribution:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
THE FUTURE OF HYDROGEN POWER3109-08-2023 19:29
Just spoke with Dmitri Vasilyev a Russian solar power salesman at my front door223-07-2023 20:22
Solar power is a scam. My next door neighbor has solar panels and he pays more for power419-07-2023 18:37
How To Become God, Active Super Ability Power, Become Immortal Guide Could Appear Soon113-07-2023 12:53
POWER TO THE PEOPLE408-05-2023 00:47
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact