▼ Content

Power Generation/Distribution

Page 2 of 5<1234>>>
17-01-2022 23:53
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Coby 1 wrote:
Get yourself psychiatric help before you waste your entire life away.

Weren't you just on here bitching about "rude and divisive "? I swear it was you....I could be wrong...anyway...

Hey! Good to hear from you again!

So, I still don't see where you have described the processes carbon fuels produce that lead to our ultimate demise. Did I miss it somewhere?

Are you actually trying to push some climate change religion? I don't even know what you're on about! I'm not a psychologist, but I may or may not have played one on TV.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 18-01-2022 00:29
18-01-2022 00:32
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
I'm going to assume for a moment that you are a bit of a petrol head.

So what happens if you strip a car/bike engine down as far as the crankshaft, then replace that crankshaft (say four pistons, 200 BHP) with a crankshaft powered by four DC electric motors (200 BHP as before).
Attach this new crankshaft directly onto the existing gearbox and transmission system.
Remove the liquid fuel tank and replace it with a battery bank which, like a cows stomach, contains four different chemical compositions of battery (so as to avoid the over use of precious/rare chemicals), each used to it's maximum potential dependent upon temperature and voltage variations within the battery bank.
This battery bank will be charged from the mains initially, but will be trickle charged on the move by locating generators on the drive shafts and wind turbines mounted within the air flow of the battery bank cooling system.

Like the sound of that?

It's called making a positive contribution to the problems we now face.
Building an EV that is better than ICE.
It's called progress guys, it doesn't have to be painful.
It could be a lot of fun, but for some reason you guys want to stay as we are! Why?
18-01-2022 00:53
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Coby 1 wrote:
It could be a lot of fun, but for some reason you guys want to stay as we are! Why?

How long does it take to refuel an electric vehicle?

How long does it take to refuel a gasoline vehicle?

Can you think of any instances in which the MUCH shorter refueling time is not only convenient, but is absolutely essential (with regard to efficiency/time savings/etc)?

BTW, if you're looking for a good laugh, search on YouTube for videos of people attempting to fuel up their Tesla vehicles at gas stations.
Edited on 18-01-2022 00:57
18-01-2022 00:54
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Well, can you imagine the balance and sharpness of driving a car, or riding a bike like that?

Or are you actually going to have to drive/ride one before you accept that you are currently behaving like an idiot?
18-01-2022 00:55
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Coby 1 wrote:

So what happens if you strip a car/bike engine down as far as the crankshaft, then replace that crankshaft (say four pistons, 200 BHP) with a crankshaft powered by four DC electric motors (200 BHP as before).
Attach this new crankshaft directly onto the existing gearbox and transmission system.
Remove the liquid fuel tank and replace it with a battery bank which, like a cows stomach, contains four different chemical compositions of battery (so as to avoid the over use of precious/rare chemicals), each used to it's maximum potential dependent upon temperature and voltage variations within the battery bank.
This battery bank will be charged from the mains initially, but will be trickle charged on the move by locating generators on the drive shafts and wind turbines mounted within the air flow of the battery bank cooling system.

Like the sound of that?

1) If it has the same or more horse power, cost the same or less to buy it, and I can charge it faster than I can fill it, fine. I'm all for it. Great. Go make it and we will buy it. It's called capitalism.

2) You are swerving dangerously close to chasing perpetual motion.

3) You still have not defined the problem.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 18-01-2022 00:58
18-01-2022 00:57
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Coby 1 wrote:
Or are you actually going to have to drive/ride one before you accept that you are currently behaving like an idiot?

Yes.

18-01-2022 00:59
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Tesla only seems to be interested in drag racing, they build missiles!

Anyway I think they've been using AC Motors!

In a 20 car pile up with, lets say 6 AC inverters buried in the carnage, at what point does it become safe for the fire brigade to start spraying water around?

No one is using AC Motors anymore on new vehicles. Too risky.
18-01-2022 00:59
(3314)
Coby 1 wrote:
Well, can you imagine the balance and sharpness of driving a car, or riding a bike like that?

No. I have nothing to say until you answer the question that I asked you...... idiot.
18-01-2022 01:03
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Coby 1 wrote:
....for some reason you guys want to stay as we are! Why?

For some reason you are trying to force me into an electric vehicle. Why?

Edited on 18-01-2022 01:08
18-01-2022 01:04
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
I will admit that we are going to have to get into the habit of charging overnight.

But the Volvo prototype looks like be able to crack the 400km per charge barrier.

I predict an increase in the suicide rate among theoretical physicists if we do crack perpetual motion. I think we better just aim for extended battery bank life for now.
18-01-2022 01:10
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
I'm not trying to force you to do anything young man, but I know that as soon as people drive/ride these things they will never want a ICE again.

If you can't imagine driving/riding an EV like that, I'd have to ask whether you actually have a driving license?

Theoretically a Motor GP bike could be made to handle like an inline four on the long bends and a V4 in the hairpins!
How can you not be into this?
18-01-2022 01:12
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
gfm7175 wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:

No. I have nothing to say until you answer the question that I asked you...... idiot.

I'm with you gfm7175, he needs to answer some questions.

SPECIFICALLY, please define the "problem". I, for one, fail to see one.

18-01-2022 01:14
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
ICE is finished man.

Except for the nostalgia.

I'm really gonna miss the noise, but I'm in the minority (probably we are in the minority) here.

So lets make EV's 'the mutts nuts', that's my attitude.
18-01-2022 01:15
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Can you breath petrol fumes?
18-01-2022 01:17
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
No.

There are simply too many people on the planet who drive.
18-01-2022 01:20
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Either kill off loads of people or find a different fuel for their cars.

The Nazi's had a go at the first option, and even the 'crazies' couldn't take it for long.

So change the fuel!
18-01-2022 01:20
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Coby 1 wrote:
Theoretically a Motor GP bike could be made to handle like an inline four on the long bends and a V4 in the hairpins!

I need a range of 300 miles per charge pulling a 10,000 lb. load. Others will need more....much more. How much snow can I move on a single charge?

I'll stay with gasoline and diesel until I see a product that can outperform it.

You STILL seem to be running from defining the "problem". Is there actually no "problem"?

18-01-2022 01:26
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Well it (like ICE vehicles) is all about weight.

Volvo and Jaguar Landrover have only had this info. for a few months. Lets wait and see what they come up with.

Theoretically, you can power anything from a moped to an aircraft carrier with electric motors, but you've got to get power to weight ratio right.

Currently I think Volvo are trying to match the power of the original ICE vehicle and see how far they can get, without using up too much of this precious chemical battery element that people are already moaning about.
18-01-2022 01:30
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Or you can go with tesla and just have a bullet that only goes in a straight line.
Not really suited to European roads, we have hills and bends therefore we need cars that handle well and have a gearbox (you can't really race without a gearbox, especially Formula One and such).
18-01-2022 01:31
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Coby 1 wrote:
without using up too much of this precious chemical battery element that people are already moaning about.

The precious chemical is called gasoline. You still refuse to define a "problem " with it.

18-01-2022 01:31
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
I wish the weather was better, I want to go out on my bike now.
18-01-2022 01:38
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Coby 1 wrote:

So you're just a dishonest POS.

Look, I have NO issue with EVs. They are not for me, but they do have some nice features. It's when dishonest fuks accuse me of destroying the planet by driving my truck, I come unglued.

Define the "problem" or we're done.

18-01-2022 04:12
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Coby 1 wrote:
There were a couple of problems on the electrical forums:

Firstly; it was hard at first to tell whether we had one loony with a number of email addresses, or a number of loonies working together (which seemed a bit strange, before a common denominators became apparent; communism, guilt, stupidity, lack of respect for the sanctity of human life).
Second; only electricians frequent the forums, unfortunately no psychiatrists.

So why are you complaining about another forum here??

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-01-2022 04:22
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Coby 1 wrote:
Or you can go with tesla and just have a bullet that only goes in a straight line.
Not really suited to European roads, we have hills and bends therefore we need cars that handle well and have a gearbox (you can't really race without a gearbox, especially Formula One and such).

Basically, you don't actually know much about the technical details. The mechanics, the physics, the electronics involved. Gas and electric are two different beasts, providing the same work of transportation. ICE is a mature technology, over a hundred years of refinement. EV has been around a long time too, but struggles to overcome a lot of limitations. ICE is vastly superior to EV in most every way, that's why it's the popular choice, and likely to stay that way. EV is a hip and trendy, proof of concept thing, if you can afford to play that silly game.

Since it's winter time, you should be starting to notice the strain on the electric grid, as the severe weather comes and goes. How are people going to charge their vehicles, during power outages? Won't that sort of contribute to the already stress power grid, the entire year?

I'm not picky about what I drive, long as it's dependably, and cheap. My 2003 Ford Explorer P.O.S. Edition cost me only $1,000. Not my first choice in vehicles, but not many affordable options at the time. President Obama ran a scam, to get people to by brand new, gas efficient cars. He paid people to scrap their gas guzzlers enough for a down payment. The used cars had to be scrapped though. Most could afford payments on a new car, and got repossessed. They ended up, with a worse car, than what they had to begin with. Cheap cars for me, hard to find. I'll drive anything I can fit into, doesn't matter what it looks like, or features. My SUV never had functioning heat or AC, which often sucks, windows fog up... But, it gets me to work, and home. There won't be $1,000 EV cars, that'll replace ICE for my transportation needs. The battery costs more than that.
18-01-2022 04:39
(21597)
Coby 1 wrote:

So? What's wrong with oil or gasoline?
Coby 1 wrote:

A machine that requires 149kW to run it.
Coby 1 wrote:

Why? Electric motors don't have to run all the time, and the transmission was designed around the gasoline engine.
Coby 1 wrote:

The work function of different types of batteries are different. One or two cells well take all the load while the others do nothing but act like a resistor. Further, the battery will have to provide at least 300 amps of current at 500v. Unmatched cells cannot do this, and a battery pack the size of a fuel tank is incapable of this kind of current and voltage requirements. Further, no battery exists with an internal resistance that low.
Coby 1 wrote:
This battery bank will be charged from the mains initially,

You can't charge a battery from AC. It must be converted to DC.
Coby 1 wrote:
but will be trickle charged on the move by locating generators on the drive shafts and wind turbines mounted within the air flow of the battery bank cooling system.

You are describing a perpetual motion machine of the 1st order. That violates physics. See the 1st law of thermodynamics.
Coby 1 wrote:
Like the sound of that?

No.
Coby 1 wrote:

It's called ignoring physics.
Coby 1 wrote:

I'll take the ICE. It doesn't hours to refuel (only about 5 minutes), and there is nothing wrong with gasoline as a fuel.
Coby 1 wrote:

It's called illiteracy. You are simply denying the 1st law of thermodynamics, the technology of batteries, and Ohm's law.
Coby 1 wrote:

I just described why. Besides, you can get 500hp cars in ICE.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-01-2022 04:45
(21597)
Coby 1 wrote:

Insulting people is not a way to convince anyone.

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2022 04:46
(21597)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:

Like the sound of that?

1) If it has the same or more horse power, cost the same or less to buy it, and I can charge it faster than I can fill it, fine. I'm all for it. Great. Go make it and we will buy it. It's called capitalism.

2) You are swerving dangerously close to chasing perpetual motion.

3) You still have not defined the problem.

He's already describe a perpetual motion machine of the 1st order. Correct. He has never defined The Problem.

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2022 04:47
(3314)
Coby 1 wrote:
I will admit that we are going to have to get into the habit of charging overnight.

But the Volvo prototype looks like be able to crack the 400km per charge barrier.

I predict an increase in the suicide rate among theoretical physicists if we do crack perpetual motion. I think we better just aim for extended battery bank life for now.

I don't have to charge anything overnight, since I don't own an electric vehicle and don't plan on doing so. I still have some questions:

How long does it take to refuel an electric vehicle?

How long does it take to refuel a gasoline vehicle?

Can you think of any instances in which the MUCH shorter refueling time is not only convenient, but is absolutely essential (with regard to efficiency/time savings/etc)?
18-01-2022 04:47
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:

I'm with you gfm7175, he needs to answer some questions.

SPECIFICALLY, please define the "problem". I, for one, fail to see one.

I fail to see one either. ICE's work quite well for me.
18-01-2022 04:49
(3314)
Coby 1 wrote:
ICE is finished man.

I'm really gonna miss the noise, but I'm in the minority (probably we are in the minority) here.

ICE's aren't going anywhere.
18-01-2022 04:51
(21597)
Coby 1 wrote:
Tesla only seems to be interested in drag racing, they build missiles!

Anyway I think they've been using AC Motors!

A Tesla car uses four DC traction motors, one on each wheel. The battery costs $22,000; and is the size of the entire floorboard of the car. To replace it when the battery wears out or is damaged, a special lift is needed, as a typical car lift is in the way of dropping the battery out from the underside of the car.
Coby 1 wrote:
In a 20 car pile up with, lets say 6 AC inverters buried in the carnage, at what point does it become safe for the fire brigade to start spraying water around?

It isn't. You will start a class B fire.
Coby 1 wrote:
No one is using AC Motors anymore on new vehicles. Too risky.

Not because of the motor. Because of the battery.

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2022 04:52
(3314)
Coby 1 wrote:
Either kill off loads of people or find a different fuel for their cars.

False dichotomy. Neither needs to be done.

Coby 1 wrote:
The Nazi's had a go at the first option, and even the 'crazies' couldn't take it for long.

... and now liberal globalists (the Demonkkkrat Party here in the States) are having a go at it again, labeling "unvaccinated people" as "diseased superspreaders". They are already starting to send unvaccinated people to quarantine camps in some areas of the world.

Coby 1 wrote:
So change the fuel!

Why? What's the issue?? Gasoline works just fine. Diesel works just fine. Kerosene works just fine. Propane works just fine.
18-01-2022 04:53
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Coby 1 wrote:

So you're just a dishonest POS.

Look, I have NO issue with EVs. They are not for me, but they do have some nice features. It's when dishonest fuks accuse me of destroying the planet by driving my truck, I come unglued.

Define the "problem" or we're done.

He keeps evading... He also hasn't answered my questions regarding refueling times and the related efficiencies/time management.
18-01-2022 05:00
(21597)
Coby 1 wrote:

Won't work for open road or continuous service, such as trucks and commercial vehicles.
Coby 1 wrote:

That's about 250 miles, at least half of which is wimpy performance. Tesla has greater range.
Coby 1 wrote:
I predict an increase in the suicide rate among theoretical physicists if we do crack perpetual motion.

You're going to have to falsify the 1st law of thermodynamics first. You can't just discard it.
Coby 1 wrote:
I think we better just aim for extended battery bank life for now.

I think you had better stay out of the left lane of the autobahn with it!

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2022 05:06
(21597)
Coby 1 wrote:
I'm not trying to force you to do anything young man, but I know that as soon as people drive/ride these things they will never want a ICE again.

SELL, SELL, SELL!
I've ridden in electric cars, dumbass. I've even driven a couple. No thanks.
Coby 1 wrote:
If you can't imagine driving/riding an EV like that, I'd have to ask whether you actually have a driving license?

Oddly enough, driving an electric car is NOT a requirement to get a driver's license.
Coby 1 wrote:

4 pistons is 4 pistons. It does not have anything to do with handling, other than wimpy acceleration. How they are arranged is immaterial.

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2022 05:14
(21597)
Coby 1 wrote:
ICE is finished man.

Really?
Then why do all aircraft capable of carrying a usable payload use internal combustion engines, either as a reciprocating engine or as a turbine?

Then why do railroads use diesel-electric locomotives?

Then why do ships use huge reciprocating diesel engines to drive them?

Then why to semi-trucks use diesel engines?

Then why do tractors use diesel engines?

Then why are there so many cars on the road with ICE engines, and so many gas stations?

You're denying what's out there, dude.

Coby 1 wrote:

Nope. New cars, ships, planes, trucks, tractors, etc.
Coby 1 wrote:
Noise is pretty low in an ICE car. They have better designed mufflers now.
[quote]Coby 1 wrote:

I won't describe what a dog does with it's nuts. This is a family show.

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2022 05:14
(21597)
Coby 1 wrote:
Can you breath petrol fumes?

What petrol fumes?

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2022 05:15
(21597)
Coby 1 wrote:
No.

There are simply too many people on the planet who drive.

Okay. Surrender your drivers license.

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2022 05:17
(21597)
Coby 1 wrote:
Either kill off loads of people

You first.
Coby 1 wrote:
or find a different fuel for their cars.

False dilemma fallacy.
Coby 1 wrote:

Godwin's Law.
Coby 1 wrote:
So change the fuel!

You don't get to dictate what fuel or energy sources people want to buy. You are not the king.

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2022 05:29
(21597)
Coby 1 wrote:
Well it (like ICE vehicles) is all about weight.

No. Like any vehicle it's about weight to power ratio.
Coby 1 wrote:
Volvo and Jaguar Landrover have only had this info. for a few months. Lets wait and see what they come up with.

They don't have anything yet.
Coby 1 wrote:
Theoretically, you can power anything from a moped to an aircraft carrier with electric motors, but you've got to get power to weight ratio right.

Only if you want a sitting duck for an aircraft carrier and far less room for crew, aircraft, and equipment and no range. Aircraft carriers today are nuclear powered.
Coby 1 wrote:
Currently I think Volvo are trying to match the power of the original ICE vehicle and see how far they can get, without using up too much of this precious chemical battery element that people are already moaning about.

What? Lithium? Volvo is planning on using Li-ion batteries.

Too bad there just isn't enough lithium in mine-able quantities in the world to build EV's for everyone.
Oh, and don't forget the cobalt, the manganese, and the nickle you are going to require (and there isn't enough of).

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 5<1234>>>

Join the debate Power Generation/Distribution:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
THE FUTURE OF HYDROGEN POWER3109-08-2023 19:29
Just spoke with Dmitri Vasilyev a Russian solar power salesman at my front door223-07-2023 20:22
Solar power is a scam. My next door neighbor has solar panels and he pays more for power419-07-2023 18:37
How To Become God, Active Super Ability Power, Become Immortal Guide Could Appear Soon113-07-2023 12:53
POWER TO THE PEOPLE408-05-2023 00:47
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact