Page 1 of 5123>>>
Power Generation/Distribution13-01-2022 11:57
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Hi All,

I hope you are all well.

Question (i):
Where would be an ideal location for a 'wind farm', when optimum turbine rotation and ambient temperature of distribution cabling are considered?

Question (ii):
Where would be the optimum location for 'solar panels' to be erected, when hours of sunlight and ambient temperature are considered?

Question (iii):
Where would be the optimum location for tidal power stations to be sited, when continuity of supply and the replacement of 'nuclear power' are considered?
13-01-2022 17:09
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Coby 1 wrote:
Hi All,

Hi good sir!

Coby 1 wrote:
I hope you are all well.

I am as well as I can be, given the Satanic global tyranny effort (in the name of COVID) that has been underway for some time now.

Coby 1 wrote:
Question (i):
Where would be an ideal location for a 'wind farm', when optimum turbine rotation and ambient temperature of distribution cabling are considered?

I would say a place where it is regularly windy. Parts of Wisconsin have such wind farms erected. I personally think they look ugly as hell (they ruin a perfectly good landscape), and they produce piddle power compared to other sources.

Coby 1 wrote:
Question (ii):
Where would be the optimum location for 'solar panels' to be erected, when hours of sunlight and ambient temperature are considered?

I would say a place where it is regularly and intensely sunny. Parts of Wisconsin have such solar panels (and solar panel farms) erected. I personally think that solar works great for small applications, but solar farms ruin a perfectly good landscape and they produce piddle power compared to other sources.

I will also note that solar as a major form of energy wouldn't work very well here in Wisconsin due to the fact that we don't have very clear skies all that often (especially outside of the Summer season), and during Winter specifically, any small bit of clear skies that we do get involves rather weak intensity sunlight. Here, solar works well for smaller applications, and as a supplemental source of energy, but it doesn't work well as a primary source of energy on a large scale.

Coby 1 wrote:
Question (iii):
Where would be the optimum location for tidal power stations to be sited, when continuity of supply and the replacement of 'nuclear power' are considered?

I'd say somewhere where there is a lot of tidal activity (rise and fall of tides).
13-01-2022 19:40
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
OK,

Anybody else like to speak?
13-01-2022 19:40
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
All three are best located in democrat ruined stated. Solar and Wind farms take up a lot of real estate for what little the produce. The land occupied is pretty useless for anything else. For going 'Green', they sure do kill off a lot of vegetation... The could also employ some of those 'migrants, Joe keep sneaking past the Southern border, to control weeds..
13-01-2022 19:50
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Again OK.

With regard to wind farms:

How much difference does 'ambient temperature' make to the ease(electrical resistance)/cost of the 'distribution' of the power generated.
13-01-2022 20:13
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
My opinion is this.

There's nothing more beautiful than God's green Earth, just the way He gave it to us. We can preserve it well by feeding it the CO2 it thrives on.

Wind turbines and solar pannels are an eyesore, and provide piddle power compared to oil, natural gas and coal.

In short, I say wind power can blow me and you can put your solar pannels where sun don't shine.

Was I clear?
Edited on 13-01-2022 21:12
13-01-2022 20:20
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Not really your type of forum.

Was I clear?
13-01-2022 20:32
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
This is a debate forum. We discuss all kinds of topics here. You are more than welcome to stick around. I hope you do. We love oposing views.

Would you care to discuss why you think there is a need for solar, wind, and tidal power generation?
13-01-2022 20:46
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Coby,
One of the problems, as i see it, is the amount of co2 and pollution produced in the production of wind farms and solar farms. Better, i think to frack, and reduce consumption and wait patiently for the world's population to naturally decrease.
13-01-2022 21:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Coby 1 wrote:
Question (i):

Where winds never become calmer than 8mph, and never stronger than 37mph, where it never freezes, and locally, right next to the load it is being applied to. There is no ideal place.
Coby 1 wrote:
Question (ii):

In space.
Coby 1 wrote:
Question (iii):

Nuclear power is not affected by tidal stations, nor do they affect tidal stations. This factor is discarded.

Tides are not continuous. They ebb and flood twice a day, and their movement follows a modified sine wave (due to various bodies in space combining their effect). For practical reasons, the primary bodies to consider are the Moon and the Sun. Most commonly published tide tables are calculated from these two factors alone.

The best place for a tidal station is in fresh water, where tide is restricted by land formations, and good anchorage is available. Obviously, there are some competing factors here, so any tidal station is a compromise.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-01-2022 21:50
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
In terms of efficiency:
Wind farms must be able to operate in freezing cold, very windy conditions.
Siberia, Alaska, Northern Canada & Antarctica (being careful to avoid the path of low flying penguins, obviously).
Solar panels must erected all over the worlds deserts.
Tidal power stations, if we are to achieve 'continuity of supply' and therefore save nuclear power for the space cowboys of the future, need to be located all around the coasts of every land mass/island in the world.

Therefore; I do not believe "unsightly" is really a very powerful argument.
Strange fact then that wind farms seem to be springing up at or near every nice, warm, summer holiday destination on the planet.
13-01-2022 22:03
(21588)
Coby 1 wrote:
Again OK.

With regard to wind farms:

How much difference does 'ambient temperature' make to the ease(electrical resistance)/cost of the 'distribution' of the power generated.

Temperature is not a major factor in power distribution. The voltage/current ratio is.

The ideal is to transmit the power at as high a voltage as is practical.

In the SOA, long haul lines are typically anywhere from 325kv to 800kv.
Local distribution lines (the ones that serve houses and business) are 7.2kv.
The lines from the distribution line to a particular home or business is the secondary from the transformer, typically 240v biphase or 206v triphase.

Wind farms generate so little power, they don't bother with anything above 7.2kv for their output lines. It is the 2nd most expensive method of generating electrical power, watt for watt.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-01-2022 22:11
(21588)
Coby 1 wrote:
Not really your type of forum.

Was I clear?

His points are completely valid. Since you yourself are not discussing anything to do with climate, you are making a kettle logic fallacy.

Wind farms are an eyesore. They generate very little power for their expense of building and maintaining them, cannot operate in icing conditions or high wind conditions or low wind conditions.

Here in Washington, there are lot of wind generator farms. ALL of them combined cannot produce the power of a single coal fired plant.

They blight the environment. They are serious lethal hazard as well. Should a governor fail or a blade become unbalanced in any way, catastrophic failure will result, sending shrapnel and blades up to a mile away.

It takes over a dozen trucks with special hauling capabilities or as heavy machinery to install ONE wind turbine. ALL them are burning fuel.

It takes trucks to maintain them too. They also burn fuel.

The Parrot Killer

13-01-2022 22:13
(21588)
keepit wrote:
Coby,
One of the problems, as i see it, is the amount of co2 and pollution produced in the production of wind farms and solar farms. Better, i think to frack, and reduce consumption and wait patiently for the world's population to naturally decrease.

CO2 is not a pollutant. It is a naturally occurring gas.
You don't get to dictate the energy markets. Omniscience fallacy. Advocating fascism.

The Parrot Killer

13-01-2022 22:30
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14390)
Coby 1 wrote:Question (i):

The correct answer is "at your beach house." There you can use the turbines to power batteries that connect to the fridge that keeps your Coronas cold while you sit on the beach and suck them down.

Of course there are many other less-than-optimal locations for wind farms but that is not what you asked.

Coby 1 wrote:Question (ii):

The correct answer is "in your neighbor's yard." That way you won't have any solar panels encroaching on any of your real estate while you still enjoy all the benefits.

Of course there are many other less-than-ideal locations for solar panels such as "on your own turf" but that is not what you asked.

Coby 1 wrote:Question (iii):

The correct answer is "Fantasy Land" if you are considering replacing nuclear power. Would you mind explaining why you'd take the topic of tidal station placement totally out of plausibility by treating it as a replacement for clean and plentiful energy?

13-01-2022 22:35
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Coby 1 wrote:
Strange fact then that wind farms seem to be springing up at or near every nice, warm, summer holiday destination on the planet.

Gosh, I don't recall any wind farms in national parks. I wonder...is it possible one reason is because they are "unsightly"?

You still have not attempted to convince anyone of the need for wind, solar, and tidal power generation.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
13-01-2022 22:47
(14390)
GasGuzzler wrote:Gosh, I don't recall any wind farms in national parks.

... because that is where they're going to put the tidal stations.

The wind farms will be joining the underwater sculptures as a "proof of concept."

GasGuzzler wrote:You still have not attempted to convince anyone of the need for wind, solar, and tidal power generation.

... because he is asking only for the optimal placement thereof, such as a landfill, for example.

13-01-2022 22:48
(21588)
Coby 1 wrote:
In terms of efficiency:

They don't.
Coby 1 wrote:
Siberia, Alaska, Northern Canada & Antarctica (being careful to avoid the path of low flying penguins, obviously).

Penguins don't fly.
Coby 1 wrote:

Why?
Coby 1 wrote:
Tidal power stations, if we are to achieve 'continuity of supply' and therefore save nuclear power for the space cowboys of the future, need to be located all around the coasts of every land mass/island in the world.

Not possible. Very solid anchorage is needed, and tides don't move much in many areas.
Coby 1 wrote:

So you don't care about the environment, eh?
Coby 1 wrote:

And making them unsightly.

The Parrot Killer

13-01-2022 23:32
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
itn,
I didn't say co3 was a pollutant. I said co2 AND pollutants.
RTFQ
13-01-2022 23:49
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
itn,
RTFQ

....and what about C-3PO. Pollutant?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
14-01-2022 00:40
(14390)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn,
RTFQ

How do you get "pollutant" from 3 C-through plus sizes?

14-01-2022 03:18
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Coby 1 wrote:
In terms of efficiency:

Wire has resistance, which adds up pretty quick by the mile. You lose quite a bit, the further you have to run. It was the main reason the alternating current won over direct current. With DC, you would need a power plant, every couple of miles. A solar cell, produces 0.5 volts DC. You need to wire up a bunch in series to get up to a useful voltage. I don't remember the limit on size, for how much current a single cell can provide, but you have to also put a bunch more in parallel to get sufficient current to do any work. For power transmission over long distances, the DC needs to be converted to AC, which isn't free either. Losses can still be under 5-10%. Of course, they only produce when the sun is shining, useless at night. Cloudy days aren't peak production days either. Not to mention snow, ice, and dust accumulation reduces production as well. The panels need a cleaning, and you have to factor that cost into production loses. Nature does a fair job of it, in some locations. But rainy days, aren't very productive days...

Solar panels degrade over time, 10-15 years, and they significantly produce lower voltage, and need replacement. The manufacturer's marketing rates them as 20+ years, under ideal conditions (lab)... Basically, solar is costly for a long range alternative. In the short term, it's looks like a trendy proof of concept. Very expensive to install, but after 15 years, it'll need to be replaced. That's many acres of basically garbage for the landfill. Most of the material can be salvaged and recycled, but the volume will mostly go to waste. Over 200 acres of solar panels, provide about 25% of Disney World's power needs. They don't ever mention whether that's the entirety of Disney property, or just the Magic Kingdom. Disney has 5 other theme parks, and resorts on their property...
14-01-2022 04:01
(21588)
keepit wrote:
itn,
RTFQ

CO2 is not a pollutant. What pollutants?

The Parrot Killer

14-01-2022 15:17
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn,
RTFQ

How do you get "pollutant" from 3 C-through plus sizes?

No, no, no. You atheist Christians can't get anything right. How do you not get this stuff?

Attached image:

17-01-2022 20:13
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
You appear to be new to this idea of 'freedom of speech'.

This is a 'world forum', not a decadent capitalist one!

What on earth could have happened to you during your formative years under communism, that would make you want to slowly choke every living thing on the planet to death?

Are there any psychiatrists on this forum?
I would love to read a professional case study of these guys.
17-01-2022 20:43
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
The Electrical forums here in the UK have been suffering with these problems for years now.

If any people start to have a sensible conversation, it is quickly overwhelmed by what appears to be English speaking Chinese Communists. Invoking chaos theory, quoting correct but irrelevant information, or relevant but inaccurate information, being rude, aggressive, dismissive, divisive and generally trying to throw a spanner in the works.

The bottom line is always the same:
They suffer from a complete and utter lack of respect for the sanctity of human life!
17-01-2022 22:01
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Coby 1 wrote:
The Electrical forums here in the UK have been suffering with these problems for years now.

If any people start to have a sensible conversation, it is quickly overwhelmed by what appears to be English speaking Chinese Communists. Invoking chaos theory, quoting correct but irrelevant information, or relevant but inaccurate information, being rude, aggressive, dismissive, divisive and generally trying to throw a spanner in the works.

They suffer from a complete and utter lack of respect for the sanctity of human life!

Oh good! You're back! I was so hoping you would stick around for a while. Most liberals get over loaded with with frustration and run very quickly away from this site when they can't answer questions to back their statements.

You want sensible conversation? It has to start with YOU. You came here stating the "need" for solar panels in every desert and a littering of wind farms across the globe. What you have NOT done is given reason why we "need" to erect such unsightly structures when coal and natural gas are abundant and capable of meeting our energy needs quite effectively.

Thanks in advance for your response....

Edited on 17-01-2022 22:11
17-01-2022 22:07
(14390)
GasGuzzler wrote:Oh good! You're back! I was so hoping you would stick around for a while. Most liberals get over loaded with with frustration and run very quickly away from this site when they can't answer questions to back their statements.

You want sensible conversation? It has to start with YOU. You came here stating the "need" for solar pannels in every desert and a littering of wind farms across the globe. What you have NOT done is given reason why we "need" to erect such unsightly structures when coal and natural gas are abundant are capable of meeting our energy needs quite effectively.

Thanks in advance for your response....

Well said.

I second the motion ... and I raise you a "Why the F do we need to replace nuclear?".
17-01-2022 23:00
(21588)
Coby 1 wrote:
You appear to be new to this idea of 'freedom of speech'.

Who are you talking to?
Coby 1 wrote:
This is a 'world forum', not a decadent capitalist one!

Buzzword fallacies. Try English.
Coby 1 wrote:
What on earth could have happened to you during your formative years under communism, that would make you want to slowly choke every living thing on the planet to death?

Who are you talking to?
Coby 1 wrote:
Are there any psychiatrists on this forum?

No, and it's irrelevant.
Coby 1 wrote:
I would love to read a professional case study of these guys.

Who are you talking about?

The Parrot Killer

17-01-2022 23:05
(21588)
Coby 1 wrote:

So why are you complaining about them here??
Coby 1 wrote:
If any people start to have a sensible conversation,

You don't seem to be having a sensible conversation. Who are you talking to?
Coby 1 wrote:
it is quickly overwhelmed by what appears to be English speaking Chinese Communists.

Why are you complaining about other forums here??
Coby 1 wrote:
Invoking chaos theory, quoting correct but irrelevant information, or relevant but inaccurate information, being rude, aggressive, dismissive, divisive and generally trying to throw a spanner in the works.

Buzzword fallacies. You might try actually learning some English.

The Parrot Killer

17-01-2022 23:06
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Wind farms in polar regions - where they're not an eyesore.

Solar panels in the desert - where they're not an eyesore.

Tidal power stations are invisible from the land.

Fossil fuels are choking us all to death, therefore we need to stop using them.

Nuclear power - for getting around in space.

Too complicated for you to understand?

Actively coming onto a forum and trying to promote the destruction of your own home?
Before you have found somewhere else to live!
You're clinically insane boys.
17-01-2022 23:10
(21588)
Coby 1 wrote:
Wind farms in polar regions - where they're not an eyesore.

Power isn't needed there.
Coby 1 wrote:
Solar panels in the desert - where they're not an eyesore.

Power isn't needed there.
Coby 1 wrote:
Tidal power stations are invisible from the land.

No anchor. Won't work.
Coby 1 wrote:

Fossils aren't used for fuel. Fossils don't burn.
Coby 1 wrote:
Nuclear power - for getting around in space.

Nuclear power is not thrust.
Coby 1 wrote:
Too complicated for you to understand?

Apparently it is for you.
Coby 1 wrote:
Actively coming onto a forum and trying to promote the destruction of your own home?

What destruction?
Coby 1 wrote:
Before you have found somewhere else to live!

What destruction?
Coby 1 wrote:
You're clinically insane boys.

I think you are describing yourself.

The Parrot Killer

17-01-2022 23:16
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
There were a couple of problems on the electrical forums:

Firstly; it was hard at first to tell whether we had one loony with a number of email addresses, or a number of loonies working together (which seemed a bit strange, before a common denominators became apparent; communism, guilt, stupidity, lack of respect for the sanctity of human life).
Second; only electricians frequent the forums, unfortunately no psychiatrists.
17-01-2022 23:18
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
How old are you 11?
17-01-2022 23:20
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
16000 posts?

Have you heard not the expression "empty vessels make the most noise"?
17-01-2022 23:20
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Coby 1 wrote:

My personal observation is that I am not choking, and certainly not dead. Full disclosure though, I have not yet had the Vid, so I could be dead tomorrow.

Would you be able to explain for those of us that don't know? How does this choking mechanism work? How are "fossil fuels" (Fossils don't burn. Can I safely assume you mean carbon based fuel?) choking anyone? Please explain the process, and can we expect this phenomenon here locally anytime soon?

I'm in the USA and very concerned.

Edited on 17-01-2022 23:23
17-01-2022 23:22
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
You're an idiot boy.
17-01-2022 23:25
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Coby 1 wrote:
You're an idiot boy.

That's just not a very strong argument.

17-01-2022 23:42
Coby 1
★☆☆☆☆
(56)
Get yourself psychiatric help before you waste your entire life away.
17-01-2022 23:52
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Coby 1 wrote:
You're an idiot boy.

Really, ****face?? You're resorting to name calling, dipshit?? You're a double moron goober who bows down to the Fauci ouchie.

Two can play that game.
Page 1 of 5123>>>

Join the debate Power Generation/Distribution:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
THE FUTURE OF HYDROGEN POWER3109-08-2023 19:29
Just spoke with Dmitri Vasilyev a Russian solar power salesman at my front door223-07-2023 20:22
Solar power is a scam. My next door neighbor has solar panels and he pays more for power419-07-2023 18:37
How To Become God, Active Super Ability Power, Become Immortal Guide Could Appear Soon113-07-2023 12:53
POWER TO THE PEOPLE408-05-2023 00:47
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact