Remember me
▼ Content

THE FUTURE OF HYDROGEN POWER

THE FUTURE OF HYDROGEN POWER07-02-2021 18:04
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
https://hackaday.com/2021/02/06/the-future-of-hydrogen-power-is-paste/

Saw this article, and figured I'd share... I didn't dig in deep, and click the source link, for which the article was written. Mostly, it was the comment section, after the article, that should give a good chuckle.

We've been promised hydrogen-powered engines for some time now. One downside though is the need for hydrogen vehicles to have heavy high-pressure tanks. While a 700 bar tank and the accompanying fuel cell is acceptable for a city bus or a truck, it becomes problematic with smaller vehicles, especially ones such as scooters or even full-sized motorcycles. The Fraunhofer Institute wants to run smaller vehicles on magnesium hydride in a paste form that they call POWERPASTE.

The idea is that the paste effectively stores hydrogen at normal temperature and pressure. At 250C, the paste decomposes and releases its hydrogen. While your motorcycle may seem hot when parked in the sun, it isn't getting quite to 250C.

Interestingly, the paste only provides half the available hydrogen. The rest is from water added start a reaction to release the hydrogen. Fraunhofer claims the energy density available is greater than that of a 700 bar tank in a conventional hydrogen system and ten times more than current battery technology.

One thing that's attractive is that the paste is easy to store and pump. A gas station, for example, could invest $20-30,000 and dispense the paste from a metal drum to meet low demand and then scale up as needed. A hydrogen pumping setup starts at about $1.2 million. Fraunhofer is building a pilot production plant that will produce about four tons of the material a year.

This isn't a totally new idea, of course. Using metal hydrides to store hydrogen chemically has other proponents, including French company McPhy energy. There have also been schemes to use other hydrides in powder form as well as chemical hydrogen carriers like formic acid and ammonia.

Obviously, they aren't concerned about cost, or efficiency. Not to mention safety, or probable alternative uses of this fuel paste. Got a hunch this paste would be hard to extinguish, if set on fire, and it would burn pretty hot, explosively as well. With the 'greens' also being anti-gun, this paste might also be used in place of gunpowder, for a new generation of firearms. Pretty cool of them, mess with one tool, but hand us something that can work just as well...

I didn't leave a comment, which usually gets deleted anyway... My comments are automatically moderated, since I'm a frequent offender. These people are totally absorb in the 'green' thing.
07-02-2021 22:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Saw this article, and figured I'd share... I didn't dig in deep, and click the source link, for which the article was written. Mostly, it was the comment section, after the article, that should give a good chuckle.

We've been promised hydrogen-powered engines for some time now. One downside though is the need for hydrogen vehicles to have heavy high-pressure tanks. While a 700 bar tank and the accompanying fuel cell is acceptable for a city bus or a truck, it becomes problematic with smaller vehicles, especially ones such as scooters or even full-sized motorcycles. The Fraunhofer Institute wants to run smaller vehicles on magnesium hydride in a paste form that they call POWERPASTE.

The idea is that the paste effectively stores hydrogen at normal temperature and pressure. At 250C, the paste decomposes and releases its hydrogen. While your motorcycle may seem hot when parked in the sun, it isn't getting quite to 250C.

Interestingly, the paste only provides half the available hydrogen. The rest is from water added start a reaction to release the hydrogen. Fraunhofer claims the energy density available is greater than that of a 700 bar tank in a conventional hydrogen system and ten times more than current battery technology.

One thing that's attractive is that the paste is easy to store and pump. A gas station, for example, could invest $20-30,000 and dispense the paste from a metal drum to meet low demand and then scale up as needed. A hydrogen pumping setup starts at about $1.2 million. Fraunhofer is building a pilot production plant that will produce about four tons of the material a year.

This isn't a totally new idea, of course. Using metal hydrides to store hydrogen chemically has other proponents, including French company McPhy energy. There have also been schemes to use other hydrides in powder form as well as chemical hydrogen carriers like formic acid and ammonia.

Obviously, they aren't concerned about cost, or efficiency. Not to mention safety, or probable alternative uses of this fuel paste. Got a hunch this paste would be hard to extinguish, if set on fire, and it would burn pretty hot, explosively as well. With the 'greens' also being anti-gun, this paste might also be used in place of gunpowder, for a new generation of firearms. Pretty cool of them, mess with one tool, but hand us something that can work just as well...

I didn't leave a comment, which usually gets deleted anyway... My comments are automatically moderated, since I'm a frequent offender. These people are totally absorb in the 'green' thing.

The paste doesn't burn. You should've read the article. I did. What they also say is that a viable source of clean energy needs to be realized to allow that idea to be feasible.
The paste itself is safe and can store more energy than a li-ion battery. What the paste needs to cause a reaction is water. No water, no reaction.
07-02-2021 22:37
joseph369
☆☆☆☆☆
(8)
I don't see that hydrogen has much of a future. We still need fossil fuels to economically extract hydrogen. Why not just burn the fossil fuels directly?
07-02-2021 23:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14434)
joseph369 wrote:I don't see that hydrogen has much of a future. We still need fossil fuels to economically extract hydrogen. Why not just burn the fossil fuels directly?

Because fossils don't burn.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-02-2021 01:15
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

The paste doesn't burn. You should've read the article. I did. What they also say is that a viable source of clean energy needs to be realized to allow that idea to be feasible.
The paste itself is safe and can store more energy than a li-ion battery. What the paste needs to cause a reaction is water. No water, no reaction.

Too bad it's so hard to find water... The paste also releases hydrogen, when heated to 250 F, not the difficult to achieve either. Basically, it's an energy dense material, waiting to be used, and abused...

Guess you didn't click the link, and read through the comments. Most didn't care about the cost, efficiency, or if any of it could be reused. Though some brought those points up, it wasn't a deal breaker, as long as it's not petroleum. Thought it was kind of telling, about what going 'green' really means.
08-02-2021 01:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Too bad it's so hard to find water... The paste also releases hydrogen, when heated to 250 F, not the difficult to achieve either. Basically, it's an energy dense material, waiting to be used, and abused...

Guess you didn't click the link, and read through the comments. Most didn't care about the cost, efficiency, or if any of it could be reused. Though some brought those points up, it wasn't a deal breaker, as long as it's not petroleum. Thought it was kind of telling, about what going 'green' really means.

I'm glad that you're not the person who's been leading technological change.
We'd still be using the horse and buggy.
08-02-2021 03:11
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Technology is for make our lives better, less labor. What benefits do I get out of electric car? Higher price, operating cost? Stranded along side of the road for hours, charging my dead battery. I drive a Ford Explorer. Would a Mercedes get me to work any better? Just because it's new, doesn't make it better.

mRNA vaccines are new technology, have you gotten yours yet? I hear that if you hang out at a vaccination site, near closing time, they'll stab anybody, rather than throw doses in the trash...
08-02-2021 03:28
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Technology is for make our lives better, less labor. What benefits do I get out of electric car? Higher price, operating cost? Stranded along side of the road for hours, charging my dead battery. I drive a Ford Explorer. Would a Mercedes get me to work any better? Just because it's new, doesn't make it better.

mRNA vaccines are new technology, have you gotten yours yet? I hear that if you hang out at a vaccination site, near closing time, they'll stab anybody, rather than throw doses in the trash...

The VA called me and made me an appt. I got my first shot last week.
What you're missing with the paste is that could lower the cost of owning an EV.
It'd be an inexpensive way to store energy. In the article they did mention that the goal is to recycle the materials used in the paste.
The article that I had read went into more detail. And with the paste it can be dispensed from a service station. If so, then the spent paste could be collected and recycled. So am not sure what you're on about. If small scale power plants are built, then it would be a source of clean energy.
As for what you drive, like myself, you are only one person. And with what I am pursuing, some of it is about advancing a technology that is already in use. Basically a better solar panel. Kind of why I'd need the experiment that I'm pursuing to be successful Then as a disabled Veteran I could finally have a life. Discrimination because of my service connected disabilities got old a couple of decades ago. Kind of why I have goals that I've been pursuing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCy-a_E2I3s
08-02-2021 04:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Technology has no purpose, unless it succeeds in the marketplace.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-02-2021 05:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Hydrogen is damn near useless or too dangerous as fuel as every aspect has been tried

08-02-2021 08:34
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

The VA called me and made me an appt. I got my first shot last week.
What you're missing with the paste is that could lower the cost of owning an EV.
It'd be an inexpensive way to store energy. In the article they did mention that the goal is to recycle the materials used in the paste.
The article that I had read went into more detail. And with the paste it can be dispensed from a service station. If so, then the spent paste could be collected and recycled. So am not sure what you're on about. If small scale power plants are built, then it would be a source of clean energy.
As for what you drive, like myself, you are only one person. And with what I am pursuing, some of it is about advancing a technology that is already in use. Basically a better solar panel. Kind of why I'd need the experiment that I'm pursuing to be successful Then as a disabled Veteran I could finally have a life. Discrimination because of my service connected disabilities got old a couple of decades ago. Kind of why I have goals that I've been pursuing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCy-a_E2I3s

Cost money and energy to produce the hydrogen for the paste. Unsure of how recyclable, just because it could be, doesn't mean it's practical, or cost effective. If the waste paste isn't recycled, it's not really clean energy.
08-02-2021 16:26
(14434)
Swan wrote:Hydrogen is damn near useless or too dangerous as fuel as every aspect has been tried

The Hindenberg wasn't using hydrogen as fuel, and the Zeppelin program proved the usefulness of hydrogen if you ignore its dangers.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-02-2021 17:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Cost money and energy to produce the hydrogen for the paste. Unsure of how recyclable, just because it could be, doesn't mean it's practical, or cost effective. If the waste paste isn't recycled, it's not really clean energy.

Cost money and energy to produce the hydrogen for the paste.

You mean it can create jobs?

If the waste paste isn't recycled, it's not really clean energy.

Since the paste dissolves in water meaning that it is water soluble, in a magnetic field, magnesium becomes paramagnetic. It will be attracted to metal.
Processes can be developed by understanding the materials properties.
08-02-2021 21:27
(5197)
It's not metallic magnesium, both the paste, and the waste, are salts.
09-02-2021 00:09
(21612)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Hydrogen is damn near useless or too dangerous as fuel as every aspect has been tried

The Hindenberg wasn't using hydrogen as fuel, and the Zeppelin program proved the usefulness of hydrogen if you ignore its dangers.

The Hindenberg didn't burn from the hydrogen. As soon as the enveloped was breached, the hydrogen was vented.

It burned because the envelope was covered in a flammable dope, commonly used in aircraft. The burning hydrogen is what started the dope on fire.

Static electricity is what started the initial fire.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-02-2021 00:17
(14434)
Into the Night wrote:The Hindenberg didn't burn from the hydrogen.

I'm thinking that Pete Rogers is correct. The Hindenberg experienced a Kelvin-Helmholtz contraction which converted it into a fusion reactor and it became thermally enhanced.

When people started jumping from the flying ball of flame, they were performing negative work.

09-02-2021 01:03
(21612)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:The Hindenberg didn't burn from the hydrogen.

I'm thinking that Pete Rogers is correct. The Hindenberg experienced a Kelvin-Helmholtz contraction which converted it into a fusion reactor and it became thermally enhanced.

When people started jumping from the flying ball of flame, they were performing negative work.

So 'negative work' results in a splat and your body being burned by a huge hunk of aluminum and burning fabric landing on it?

That's definitely a negative outcome.

The Parrot Killer

09-02-2021 03:36
(14434)
Into the Night wrote:So 'negative work' results in a splat and your body being burned by a huge hunk of aluminum and burning fabric landing on it?

Well, I think you are being somewhat dismissive by using the oversimplified term "splat." It's more of Kelvin-Helmholtz effect when one's fluids achieve substantially differing velocities.

05-08-2023 04:14
ToniM
☆☆☆☆☆
(9)
My my! what a lot of will-waving!

With tens of thousands of scientists (FAR more illustrious ones than any of us here!) warning the world at the top of their voices for the past 50 years about the very things that are now stark reality (5 hottest years on record, oceans on the brink of collapse, extensive coral bleaching, melting Antartic and worse)... isn't it time everyone grew up and pulled together?

I read so much disinformation masquerading as skepticism, sponsored by the Fossil Fuel and Lithium mining giants. Some of it here, looking back at information about H2 technologies that is decades out of date (the Hindenberg disaster is thought to have happened because of the flamable doping of the outer envelope, as much as the H2, and would have happened even if it had been filled with helium).

It's worth taking a look at some of the projects by the likes of Bosch, Hyundai, Toyota etc. to update some of that trite old info; https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/

And yes, some are news of the hold-ups, challenges and failures that have affected the development of hydrogen technology.... like EVERY technology ever developed.

H2 has been held back by exactly the kind of negative press I read here, and THAT was paid for by the fossil fuel lobbies, only now the Lithium, Cobalt and other mining corporations - not to mention the Nuclear lobby - are dishing out some fat rewards for those prepared to whip-up that kind of negative press for H2 Tech.

BTW... please, don't come back waving your superior willies at me, you'd only embarrass yourselves!

PS Does IB stand for Irritable Bowel?

About:

Big heavy H2 tanks... as dicussed, metal hydrides have already been identified as the alternative, and Electriq Global are building a plant near Amsterdam to produce H2 fuel in poweder form. https://www.electriq.com/

Cost and efficiency are not always the key factors, where there is abundance, that is one of the differences between physics and biology, and it behoves humans to stop thinking like accountants and tsrt looking at how nature often does things quite inefficiently, that work eprfectly well - case in point: the flight of bees and bumble bees.

One factor few appear to have considered: GREEEN H2, produced by electrolysis powered by renewables and storing that H2 in a stable compound (e.g. powder metal hydride), when recombined in fuel cells give back not just electricity but also pure water and heat, both valuable byproducts.

What's more, with drinking H2O being one of THE most threatened resources on the planet, owing to Sea Level Rise threatening to indundate acquifers, AND landfills (or whatever they are called in Am'rica), and pollute what little groundwater is left - not to mention loss of stored ice from retreating glaciers that will one day cease to feed stream, rivers and lakes - having stored energy-water-heat in H2 may prove extremely useful.

But I guess MY top concern, as a mother and grandmother, and as an Environmental Scientist, is my daughter, little granddaughters and the survival of the REST oflife on Earth.

Frankly, I couldn't care less whether the willy-waving MAGA-tts live or die, they are a parasitic infestations fed and spread by the likes of Trump and Bannon.

I just hope that the post-Putin-Trump-Xi-Modi world has time to address the reality of overconsumption of climate-wrecking fuels/meat/products, and curb greed and hubris of our now increasingly parasitic species, prepared to gorge on its own planet and their children's futures, for the sake of their own, pathetic self-aggrandissement.

https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/
05-08-2023 16:12
(5197)
ToniM wrote:

With tens of thousands of scientists (FAR more illustrious ones than any of us here!) warning the world at the top of their voices for the past 50 years about the very things that are now stark reality (5 hottest years on record, oceans on the brink of collapse, extensive coral bleaching, melting Antartic and worse)... isn't it time everyone grew up and pulled together?

I read so much disinformation masquerading as skepticism, sponsored by the Fossil Fuel and Lithium mining giants. Some of it here, looking back at information about H2 technologies that is decades out of date (the Hindenberg disaster is thought to have happened because of the flamable doping of the outer envelope, as much as the H2, and would have happened even if it had been filled with helium).

It's worth taking a look at some of the projects by the likes of Bosch, Hyundai, Toyota etc. to update some of that trite old info; https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/

And yes, some are news of the hold-ups, challenges and failures that have affected the development of hydrogen technology.... like EVERY technology ever developed.

H2 has been held back by exactly the kind of negative press I read here, and THAT was paid for by the fossil fuel lobbies, only now the Lithium, Cobalt and other mining corporations - not to mention the Nuclear lobby - are dishing out some fat rewards for those prepared to whip-up that kind of negative press for H2 Tech.

BTW... please, don't come back waving your superior willies at me, you'd only embarrass yourselves!

About:

Big heavy H2 tanks... as dicussed, metal hydrides have already been identified as the alternative, and Electriq Global are building a plant near Amsterdam to produce H2 fuel in poweder form. https://www.electriq.com/

Cost and efficiency are not always the key factors, where there is abundance, that is one of the differences between physics and biology, and it behoves humans to stop thinking like accountants and tsrt looking at how nature often does things quite inefficiently, that work eprfectly well - case in point: the flight of bees and bumble bees.

One factor few appear to have considered: GREEEN H2, produced by electrolysis powered by renewables and storing that H2 in a stable compound (e.g. powder metal hydride), when recombined in fuel cells give back not just electricity but also pure water and heat, both valuable byproducts.

What's more, with drinking H2O being one of THE most threatened resources on the planet, owing to Sea Level Rise threatening to indundate acquifers, AND landfills (or whatever they are called in Am'rica), and pollute what little groundwater is left - not to mention loss of stored ice from retreating glaciers that will one day cease to feed stream, rivers and lakes - having stored energy-water-heat in H2 may prove extremely useful.

But I guess MY top concern, as a mother and grandmother, and as an Environmental Scientist, is my daughter, little granddaughters and the survival of the REST oflife on Earth.

Frankly, I couldn't care less whether the willy-waving MAGA-tts live or die, they are a parasitic infestations fed and spread by the likes of Trump and Bannon.

I just hope that the post-Putin-Trump-Xi-Modi world has time to address the reality of overconsumption of climate-wrecking fuels/meat/products, and curb greed and hubris of our now increasingly parasitic species, prepared to gorge on its own planet and their children's futures, for the sake of their own, pathetic self-aggrandissement.

https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/

Hydrogen takes a lot of energy to produce in usable quantity through electrolysis. Needs to be compressed for storage, more energy used. Transporting uses even more. Of course, those loses aren't in the marketing hype for hydrogen fuel...

Fresh water falls to the ground every time it rains... Ground water in some areas maybe polluted, but they are never without a renewable source of freshwater. It's possible to reclaim polluted ground, or build a clean alternative for storm water...
05-08-2023 18:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

All one needs for water is to tow a 5000 gallon water tank, just think how practical this would be when going to the supermarket, or how much fun it will be when it goes up in flames

The retard Hydrogen mobile

Hydrogen is a lot more black than green

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
05-08-2023 23:16
ToniM
☆☆☆☆☆
(9)
It seems to me this "forum" is dominated by AmeriNazis...

Not a place worth hanging out... waste of time.

One would hope to debate with adults with an IQ and post-Neanderthal DNA, not troglodytes.
06-08-2023 01:45
(21612)
ToniM wrote:

With tens of thousands of scientists (FAR more illustrious ones than any of us here!)

And here it comes...the 'expert' worship. Void reference fallacy.
ToniM wrote:
warning the world at the top of their voices for the past 50 years about the very things that are now stark reality (5 hottest years on record, oceans on the brink of collapse, extensive coral bleaching, melting Antartic and worse)... isn't it time everyone grew up and pulled together?

There is no such thing as 'climate science'. There is no branch of science called 'climate'.

Now let's talk about your religious chants again:
* five hottest years on record.
It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. This chant tends to come out in the mid to late summer in the northern hemisphere, completely ignoring the current winter in the southern hemisphere. The problem here is one of mathematics. Statistical mathematics requires TWO numbers in any summary. The average, and the margin of error. One without the other is considered a math error. BOTH number MUST be calculated and presented in the summary. One without the other is utterly meaningless.
ToniM wrote:
I read so much disinformation masquerading as skepticism, sponsored by the Fossil Fuel and Lithium mining giants.

Fossils are not used as fuel. There is no 'Fossil Fuel giant'. Fossils don't burn.
ToniM wrote:
Some of it here, looking back at information about H2 technologies that is decades out of date (the Hindenberg disaster is thought to have happened because of the flamable doping of the outer envelope, as much as the H2, and would have happened even if it had been filled with helium).

I doubt the Zeppelins would be flying with helium. No only was it way to costly to fly with, it does not generate as much lift, and it's smaller molecule leaks away too quickly in the envelope material they were using at the time.

It probably wouldn't have happened, since the Hindenburg flew across the Atlantic before crashing. It would've probably crashed in the Atlantic instead.

ToniM wrote:

Already have. Same technical problems exist. This is due to the characteristics of hydrogen gas.
ToniM wrote:

This is just ignoring the history of technology and is a compositional error fallacy.
ToniM wrote:
H2 has been held back by exactly the kind of negative press I read here,

H2 is not held back by anything but the problems of H2 as a fuel.
ToniM wrote:
and THAT was paid for by the fossil fuel lobbies,

There are no 'fossil fuel lobbies', since fossils aren't used as fuel.
ToniM wrote:
only now the Lithium, Cobalt and other mining corporations - not to mention the Nuclear lobby - are dishing out some fat rewards for those prepared to whip-up that kind of negative press for H2 Tech.

Why would they do that? Hydrogen fuel cells still require Li-ion batteries to act as an electrical ballast.
ToniM wrote:

About:

And now comes the childish insults...
ToniM wrote:

Boron is not hydrogen. Nitrogen is not hydrogen. Hydrogen does not take powdered form. It's freezing point is 14 degK.
ToniM wrote:

Why do you consider the flight of any bee to be inefficient?
ToniM wrote:
TANSTAAFL. You cannot produce hydrogen using electrolysis without using a LOT more electricity than simply charging an EV battery. You will never get the energy that you put into making the hydrogen (and pressurizing it!) than you will get by using the hydrogen as a fuel.
[quote]ToniM wrote:
What's more, with drinking H2O being one of THE most threatened resources on the planet, owing to Sea Level Rise threatening to indundate acquifers,

Oh...this again??
Did you know...it rains?? That's where fresh water comes from! Do you know where that moisture comes from?? The SEA!

It is not possible to measure the global sea level. There is NO indication anywhere that global sea levels are rising. Islands in the Pacific that are little more than sand bars with a runway on them (built during the War), are still there. Look at historic pictures of most any harbor or quay and it's the same sea level there today.

An aquifer (you misspelled it) is just an underground river or lake. They are filled by rain and snow, just like surface rivers and lakes.

Fresh water is used for a hell of a lot more than just drinking.
ToniM wrote:
AND landfills (or whatever they are called in Am'rica),

We call 'em landfills.
ToniM wrote:
and pollute what little groundwater is left -

Landfills do not pollute groundwater. An aquifer is not ground water.
ToniM wrote:
not to mention loss of stored ice from retreating glaciers that will one day cease to feed stream, rivers and lakes -

What about the advancing glaciers? Did you know that streams, rivers, and lake DO NOT NEED glaciers in order to exist?
ToniM wrote:
having stored energy-water-heat in H2 may prove extremely useful.

Heat is not energy. Water is not heat. H2 is not heat.
ToniM wrote:
But I guess MY top concern, as a mother and grandmother, and as an Environmental Scientist,

There is no such thing as 'environmental science'. There is just science. No theories of science exist about 'environment'. Buzzword fallacy, and Church of Green chanting.
ToniM wrote:
is my daughter, little granddaughters and the survival of the REST oflife on Earth.

They'll be fine as long as you don't **** them up with this religious BS. Earth is big enough to take care of itself.
ToniM wrote:

MAGA is not a person or a group. You describe Trump as a parasite. What is the parasite feeding off of? No...ego is not food.
ToniM wrote:
I just hope that the post-Putin-Trump-Xi-Modi world has time to address the reality of overconsumption

Both Putin and Xi are socialists, like DEMOCRATS. Trump is a capitalist and a conservative. Why would Putin or Xi like Trump at all???

There ARE bribery payments from China to Biden for his personal use (an act of treason). The transactions are recorded by the banks involved and that information is the proof of what I say here.
ToniM wrote:
of climate-wrecking fuels/meat/products,

It is not possible to wreck something that cannot change.

Since you seem to hate meat, I assume you are a typical malnourished vegetarian?
What 'products' are referring to here?
ToniM wrote:
and curb greed and hubris of our now increasingly parasitic species,

Okay...this is just Church of Green chanting. You cannot define this 'greed', or the 'hubris' or the 'parasitic nature' of any species. You just hate humanity and most animals and insects (they eat meat too!).
ToniM wrote:
prepared to gorge on its own planet and their children's futures, for the sake of their own, pathetic self-aggrandissement.

So now you think the Earth is meat??? Naw. Eating dirt is a rather bland dish. Not much nourishment for people if they eat dirt.

It is obvious that you have simply succumbed to the chantings of the Church of Green and the Church of Global Warming. You probably believe in the Church of the Ozone Hole, the Church of Covid, and the Church of Hate as well.

Ask me how I know.

The Parrot Killer

06-08-2023 01:49
(21612)
ToniM wrote:

There it is...Godwin's law.
ToniM wrote:

What? You are finding out that you can't get away with preaching here?
ToniM wrote:
One would hope to debate with adults with an IQ and post-Neanderthal DNA, not troglodytes.

Considering that it is YOU that is ignoring the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics, and YOU ignoring chemistry, it seems to be YOU that is insisting on being ignorant and uneducated.

The Parrot Killer

06-08-2023 03:18
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
ToniM wrote:

ToniM wrote:

ToniM wrote:

Considering that it is YOU that is ignoring the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics, and YOU ignoring chemistry, it seems to be YOU that is insisting on being ignorant and uneducated.

Since the universe cannot actually be mathematically proved to be real, there are no physical laws, just observations. Not that a pro peeler like yourself can comprehend this

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

06-08-2023 03:22
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
ToniM wrote:

Actually you did debate, and got destroyed because all you brought to the table were false ideas about the future of Hydrogen. Did you know that the first Hydrogen fuel cell was developed in 1842 and that the first Hydrogen powered car ran in 1966? All failed experiments, and nothing has changed. You do not want a debate, what you want is someone to agree with your wet dreams and to hold your fuc-king liberal twat hand. Say hi to Kamalla Harris for me, she debates at about your speed

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 06-08-2023 03:26
06-08-2023 23:09
(21612)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
ToniM wrote:

ToniM wrote:

ToniM wrote:

Since the universe cannot actually be mathematically proved to be real,

Proof by Identity...a proof in logic, not math.
Swan wrote:
there are no physical laws,

Theories of science when transcribed into a closed functional system such as mathematics, produce an equation, called a 'law'.
Swan wrote:
just observations.

Science is not observations or data. Observations are not a proof either. All observations are subject to the problems of phenomenology.

The Parrot Killer

09-08-2023 03:24
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
ToniM wrote:

ToniM wrote:

ToniM wrote:

Since the universe cannot actually be mathematically proved to be real,

Proof by Identity...a proof in logic, not math.
Swan wrote:
there are no physical laws,

Theories of science when transcribed into a closed functional system such as mathematics, produce an equation, called a 'law'.
Swan wrote:
just observations.

Science is not observations or data. Observations are not a proof either. All observations are subject to the problems of phenomenology.

There is no equation for thermodynamics because when scaled up to the universal level all equations fail as 85 percent of the universe is missing making what you call a law merely a failed wet dream. So there are no physical laws until the equations balance.

Silly

ULTRA MAGA

09-08-2023 08:00
(14434)

Swan wrote: There is no equation for thermodynamics because when scaled up to the universal level all equations fail as 85 percent of the universe is missing making what you call a law merely a failed wet dream. So there are no physical laws until the equations balance.

Yes, this might very well be the stupidest blemish on the internet. Wow!

09-08-2023 13:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:

Swan wrote: There is no equation for thermodynamics because when scaled up to the universal level all equations fail as 85 percent of the universe is missing making what you call a law merely a failed wet dream. So there are no physical laws until the equations balance.

Yes, this might very well be the stupidest blemish on the internet. Wow!

So you can balance gravity? Please post the equation where gravity accounts for the increasing speed of the expanding universe, when all gravity can actually do is to bring the expansion to a stop, yet the expansion is accelerating.

Don't bother because it is over your head and all that you can ever do with your life is repeat whatever uncle sam wants you to repeat.

LOL according to your hero einstoopud the universe is static and not even expanding. Einstoopud held this view until Hubble forced the unbathed einstoopud to look thru his telescope and view reality, like you refuse to.

You may now resume fingerpainting, with your toes

ULTRA MAGA

09-08-2023 17:45
(14434)
Swan wrote: So you can balance gravity?

So, you think you can go one day without being the most gullible person on the planet?

Swan wrote: Please post the equation where gravity accounts for the increasing speed of the expanding universe,

Please post a valid reason any rational adult should believe that the expansion of the observable universe is somehow accelerating.

Please post a valid reason any rational adult should believe that you are omniscient about the distant, unobserved past.

Please post a valid reason any rational adult should believe that a digital value can be assigned to a photon, much less to a half-photon. Also, please include a valid reason for believing that the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle can be overcome, allowing individual photons to somehow be found, identified, grabbed and stamped with a value. Please include a valid reason any rational adult should believe that anyone can somehow split a photon, can verify said splitting and can somehow capture and contain both halves for independent shipping to different desired locations.

Please post a valid reason that any rational adult should not recognize two or more bonded gold atoms as two or more bonded atoms ... which happens to be the definition of a molecule.

Please post a valid reason that a native English speaker should not recognize an amphibious animal as an amphibian.

Please post a valid reason that any rational adult should believe that you know anything about encryption beyond how the word is spelled.

You don't have any valid reasons for the crap that you post, do you?

Swan wrote: LOL according to your hero einstoopud the universe is static and not even expanding.

This is a king-tipper. When you have nothing, you fall back on misrepresenting the positions of others. In this case, you know that I don't ever quote Einstein. I cite science, specifically the theory of Relativity. Your pretense that you have somehow declared Relativity to be in error definitely merits a chuckle.

You may now resume coloring with the other children.
09-08-2023 19:29
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: So you can balance gravity?

So, you think you can go one day without being the most gullible person on the planet?

Swan wrote: Please post the equation where gravity accounts for the increasing speed of the expanding universe,

Please post a valid reason any rational adult should believe that the expansion of the observable universe is somehow accelerating.

Please post a valid reason any rational adult should believe that you are omniscient about the distant, unobserved past.

Please post a valid reason any rational adult should believe that a digital value can be assigned to a photon, much less to a half-photon. Also, please include a valid reason for believing that the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle can be overcome, allowing individual photons to somehow be found, identified, grabbed and stamped with a value. Please include a valid reason any rational adult should believe that anyone can somehow split a photon, can verify said splitting and can somehow capture and contain both halves for independent shipping to different desired locations.

Please post a valid reason that any rational adult should not recognize two or more bonded gold atoms as two or more bonded atoms ... which happens to be the definition of a molecule.

Please post a valid reason that a native English speaker should not recognize an amphibious animal as an amphibian.

Please post a valid reason that any rational adult should believe that you know anything about encryption beyond how the word is spelled.

You don't have any valid reasons for the crap that you post, do you?

Swan wrote: LOL according to your hero einstoopud the universe is static and not even expanding.

This is a king-tipper. When you have nothing, you fall back on misrepresenting the positions of others. In this case, you know that I don't ever quote Einstein. I cite science, specifically the theory of Relativity. Your pretense that you have somehow declared Relativity to be in error definitely merits a chuckle.

You may now resume coloring with the other children.

Einstein believed that the universe was expanding and accelerating, so are you saying that your hero was wrong?

Stop being silly.

You also claimed that dark matter was real, which it must be for gravity to be causing universal acceleration.

LOL, in your sick mind, elephants are not real unless you believe in them.

You need mental help

ULTRA MAGA

Join the debate THE FUTURE OF HYDROGEN POWER:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Green Hydrogen6115-09-2023 22:36
Just spoke with Dmitri Vasilyev a Russian solar power salesman at my front door223-07-2023 20:22
Solar power is a scam. My next door neighbor has solar panels and he pays more for power419-07-2023 18:37
How To Become God, Active Super Ability Power, Become Immortal Guide Could Appear Soon113-07-2023 12:53
POWER TO THE PEOPLE408-05-2023 00:47
Articles
Barack Obama: Securing Our Energy Future
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact