Remember me
▼ Content

"... take care of it." -Genesis 2:15.

Page 4 of 8<<<23456>>>
01-07-2022 19:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
Swan wrote:Actually there is a comprehensive list of the ark's contents

I apologize for being unclear. When I wrote "manifest" I should have written "passenger manifest."

You were talking about Noah's family being inbred and that isn't necessarily true. We don't know how many people beyond Noah's family were also passengers on the ark. We recognize, however, that Noah, being the Captain of the barge, had full authority to bring his family aboard, but we don't know how many other crew, staff, hired hands, close friends and extended family also boarded the ark. Islam, which also carries the account of the great flood and which considers Noah to be a prophet, believes that the passenger manifest for the ark during the great flood exceeded 80 people, i.e. the makings for a small clan.

Swan wrote:because all land animals would have perished if the oceans rose over 29,000 feet to cover mount everest.

... and there we have the occurrence of the word "Mount" or "Mountains" which needs to be dismissed, and the story considered in terms of the other words used in the account.

Swan wrote:So are you stupid or something?

Absolutely. So why are you always losing each and every discussion that isn't even a competition in the first place?

Answer: the undead don't fare well in logic fora.

Swan wrote:Now for the fun, the minimum number of current animal species is 1,500,000,

Wait. Do you accept Darwin's theory of evolution?

Swan wrote: Then there is the issue of what to feed the large carnivores like lions and tigers that eat a deer or so a day so there would need to be hundreds of thousands of deer and impalas just to feed the lions tigers and bears, then there are the millions of bales of hay and alfalfa needed to feed the grazing animals, so the size of the ark would need to be right about as big as say Australia.

Wait. Doesn't the account of the great flood include miracles from God? Yes or no.

Just as God provided men manna in the desert (Exodus) for forty years, is it really too big a stretch to presume that God provided some of the Purina version of manna for the animals for forty days? He gave men manna for forty years!

01-07-2022 19:56
(14414)
Swan wrote:Says the idiot who denies that there was ever an ice age ...

... lamely mocks the idiot who can't justify his belief that all moraines were under ice at the same time.

Swan wrote: ..., and who believes that the Earth is 6000 years old.

Why don't you believe the earth is at least 6000 years old?

Let me guess, you were there when the earth was created less than 6000 years ago.

Too funny.
01-07-2022 23:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:That said why did your fake god kill everyone except noah and his soon to become inbred family?

We don't have a comprehensive manifest of the ark.

Swan wrote:Not to mention that two of every animal would cause the inbreeding that would cause the death of everything.

There were at least four of each animal. Ten of each clean animal.

They were gathered in pairs, i.e. a pair was considered the unit.

Actually there is a comprehensive list of the ark's contents because all land animals would have perished if the oceans rose over 29,000 feet to cover mount everest.

So are you stupid or something?

Yea we determined that a long time ago.

Now for the fun, the minimum number of current animal species is 1,500,000, now times that by four as you claim that the ark held the number rises to 6,000,000 individual animals. Then there is the issue of what to feed the large carnivores like lions and tigers that eat a deer or so a day so there would need to be hundreds of thousands of deer and impalas just to feed the lions tigers and bears, then there are the millions of bales of hay and alfalfa needed to feed the grazing animals, so the size of the ark would need to be right about as big as say Australia.

Yawn

How do you know there was only one Ark? The Bible only describes one, but that does not mean there were no others.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-07-2022 23:56
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:

Have you ever been tested for earwigs?

Doctors tell me there's no cure for tinnitus, but I think mine should be going away any day now...

Actually only sick people need doctors.

So enjoy being sick.

Swan please tell us your secret for life everlasting.

That's easy, eat right, exercise hard and stay the f away from doctors that need idiots to be dependent on them.

If I went to a doctor I would be told that I have diabetes and that I have bradycardia because my heart gets down to 47bpm at night, after a 50 mile cycle ride during the day, I actually had one doctor tell me that I had kidney failure in 2018, I walked away and never looked back. Might want to challenge him to follow me now being that I am dead according to him.

LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are NOT immortal, dude!

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-07-2022 23:59
(21599)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:If I went to a doctor I would be told that I have diabetes and that I have bradycardia because my heart gets down to 47bpm at night, after a 50 mile cycle ride during the day,

Have you considered that you might be undead? It would explain the lack of thought put into your posts and why you cannot be forthwith reasoned.

Have you tried arranging for a priest to try performing a resurrection on you, possibly bringing you back to life? If you do, you might finally understand why you don't really know what you merely speculate.

I recommend at least giving it a try.

Swan wrote:I actually had one doctor tell me that I had kidney failure in 2018,

That's what you should expect when you have no vital signs. I bet the doctor had an entire list of your non-functioning organs. I bet he understood the purpose of those bolts on your neck.

Swan wrote:I walked away and never looked back.

The undead normally have that kind of trouble turning their heads.

Swan wrote: Might want to challenge him to follow me now being that I am dead according to him. LOL

He probably considers you "hazardous waste" and doesn't want to get too close. There's a high likelihood that you are carrying an infectious disease that is thriving in your dead flesh.

Says the idiot who denies that there was ever an ice age, and who believes that the Earth is 6000 years old.

Yawn

Word stuffing. IBDaMann never stated the age of the Earth or that there was never an ice age.

YOU have stated an age of the Earth, AND stated that there was an ice age. It is YOU making religious statements here. Inversion fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

01-07-2022 23:59
(21599)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:That said why did your fake god kill everyone except noah and his soon to become inbred family?

Swan wrote:Not to mention that two of every animal would cause the inbreeding that would cause the death of everything.

Give up so soon girl?

Actually there is a comprehensive list of the ark's contents because all land animals would have perished if the oceans rose over 29,000 feet to cover mount everest.

Now for the fun, the minimum number of current animal species is 1,500,000, now times that by four as you claim that the ark held the number rises to 6,000,000 individual animals. Then there is the issue of what to feed the large carnivores like lions and tigers that eat a deer or so a day so there would need to be hundreds of thousands of deer and impalas just to feed the lions tigers and bears, then there are the millions of bales of hay and alfalfa needed to feed the grazing animals, so the size of the ark would need to be right about as big as say Australia.

Yawn

How do you know there was only one Ark?

The Parrot Killer

02-07-2022 00:03
(21599)
IBdaMann wrote:
Wait. Do you accept Darwin's theory of evolution?

Darwin did not create the Theory of Evolution. The Greeks did.
Darwin created the Theory of Natural Selection, a method by which the Theory of Evolution might come about.

The Parrot Killer

02-07-2022 03:06
(14414)
Into the Night wrote:Darwin did not create the Theory of Evolution.

Irrelevant. Darwin had one. It was Darwin's theory of evolution.

Into the Night wrote: The Greeks did.

That was the Greek's theory of evolution. Theirs wasn't anywhere near as good as Darwin's.

Into the Night wrote:Darwin created the Theory of Natural Selection,

Darwin created the theory of evolution by natural selection. It was Darwin's theory of evolution, i.e. that evolution is driven by natural selection.

02-07-2022 03:26
(14414)
Into the Night wrote:How do you know there was only one Ark? The Bible only describes one, but that does not mean there were no others.

This is an excellent point. This is probably why we only focus on Noah's ark, i.e. because that's the interesting one. I don't think Sven's ark was anything to write home about, and certainly didn't have a water slide or elephant poo-themed amusement park.

So I have a theory.

There were several arks. Noah tried to send a message to the other arks via carrier dove, except mankind was not to learn for another few centuries that carrier pigeons are what are needed. The dove never returned with any messages, only a one-time olive branch and Noah was happy to get that much.

One lesson learned, however, is that inter-ark communications, fashioned out of tin cans on the ends of a string, don't work well over long distances, even in calm weather, and don't hold up long in violent, great flood-causing storms.

... and Swan, none of the passenger manifests survived. We just don't know what passengers were on what arks, although I believe Sven had the polar bears, alligators, otters and other amphibians.

02-07-2022 06:31
(14414)
Into the Night wrote:How do you know there was only one Ark?

I have refined my theory. Tell me what you think.

God (to Noah, Sven and Jebediah): Each of you are to build an ark. Make sure the windows are finished to one cubit!

Sven: Do we really need three arks? I'm fine if you have only, say, Noah, build one. Noah's good for that sort of thing, and I'm pretty sure we can get by with just one ark. We can just have Noah add a few cubits to one of the dimensions.

God: There will be three arks!

Noah: OK, I'll get right on building mine.

Sven: I've never built an ark before so I'll watch Noah for a while and I'll just copy what he's doing.

Noah: Oh, Yaweh, I have an idea. We should give the arks names. We can call them Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria.

God: Nope. I'm saving those names for something else. We're just going to refer to your ark as "Noah's ark" and that should eliminate any confusion.

So, what do you think? My theory answers those pesky remaining questions about the flood so I'd like to offer it up for consideration.

Attached image:

03-07-2022 15:35
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Give up so soon girl?

Yawn

What ark?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 03-07-2022 15:36
06-07-2022 13:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Give up so soon girl?

Yawn

What ark?

LOL once I say what ark the PhD's have no where to go except back under their fake degree's.

CIAO

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

06-07-2022 19:21
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Give up so soon girl?

Yawn

What ark?

LOL once I say what ark the PhD's have no where to go except back under their fake degree's.

CIAO
The conversation was done. Didn't you get the memo????!?

The Parrot Killer

06-07-2022 19:59
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Give up so soon girl?

Yawn

What ark?

CIAO
The conversation was done. Didn't you get the memo????!?

Nope, because unlike you I say what I choose when I choose.

Now what is this ark that people are babbling about?

ULTRA MAGA

06-07-2022 20:01
(14414)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:The conversation was done. Didn't you get the memo????!?

Apparently you did miss the memo.

Did you want to start a new one?
Attached image:

Edited on 06-07-2022 20:03
06-07-2022 20:49
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

LOL is the memo from the FBI?

I opted out of email memo's, apparently you did not.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 06-07-2022 20:51
06-07-2022 22:34
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

Bye the way, the problem does not cease because people stop talking about it.

However people like you can pretend that all is well.

Just so you know.

ULTRA MAGA

07-07-2022 02:27
(21599)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

Just so you know.

What problem? What are you talking about????!?

The Parrot Killer

07-07-2022 03:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

Just so you know.

Well there you go again believing that I answer to a retard like you.

I answer to officially no one, unlike losers in your cartoon class.

But you continue in your chosen grandiose delusion of importance.

PS. What ark?

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 07-07-2022 03:26
07-07-2022 03:43
(14414)
Swan wrote:PS. What ark?

PS. What ice age?
07-07-2022 04:18
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:

PS. What ice age?

The one that delusional idiots like you deny ever happened.

Then again ignorance is bliss.

ULTRA MAGA

07-07-2022 07:02
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

Just so you know.

PS. What ark?

So you have nothing to say, and just want to insult people. Gotit.

The Parrot Killer

07-07-2022 13:23
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
IBdaMann wrote:

PS. What ice age?

I would like to weigh in.I have read the latest Climate Discussion Nexus that I get in my in box every Wednesday and it referred to past events like the Holocene when it was supposedly warmer than today.It has been colder according to ice core samples of which I care very little.My quest was to find out if humans are changing the weather and we are not so boo sucks to all of you.If someone claims its the warmest ever point them to the historical records

duncan61
07-07-2022 13:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

Just so you know.

PS. What ark?

LOL that is really one sad psychological technique that you are using to get me to answer your lame questions. Do you really believe that I need or want to impress you? or any of your pink underwear wearing boyfriends, or your mommy in her strap on?

So again, what ark?

PS. You can always try waterboarding

PSS. For a conversation that you got the memo to end, you seem to be conversing a lot.

CIAO

ULTRA MAGA

07-07-2022 20:05
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

Just so you know.

PS. What ark?

LOL that is really one sad psychological technique that you are using to get me to answer your lame questions. Do you really believe that I need or want to impress you? or any of your pink underwear wearing boyfriends, or your mommy in her strap on?

So again, what ark?

PSS. For a conversation that you got the memo to end, you seem to be conversing a lot.

CIAO

Insult fallacies. Trolling. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

08-07-2022 00:02
(14414)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
PS. What ice age?
The delusion that idiots like me insist happened.

The question was WHY do you delude yourself into believing it? Does it ease the pain of being forced to believe what those who do your thinking for you order you to believe?

Is WACKY religious dogma the only reason for your belief? Are you required to ignore ALL rational bases?

08-07-2022 13:56
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

Just so you know.

PS. What ark?

So again, what ark?

CIAO

Your entire life is a foolish argument that fails miserably when you can not get a return argument.

So why would I argue when you do not even know what ark you are babbling about?

ULTRA MAGA

08-07-2022 13:58
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
PS. What ice age?

The question was WHY do you delude yourself into believing it? Does it ease the pain of being forced to believe what those who do your thinking for you order you to believe?

Is WACKY religious dogma the only reason for your belief? Are you required to ignore ALL rational bases?

LOL, first of all the wacky religious dogma is the make believe ark that you are babbling about. Second the ice age is not based in religion but in geological science, something that you skipped in special education.

ULTRA MAGA

08-07-2022 17:42
(14414)
Swan wrote:LOL, first of all the wacky religious dogma is the make believe ark that you are babbling about.

It's a story. Christians refer to it as an "account" because they believe that it actually happened. I treat it as a story that intends to teach a lesson. Whether it actually happened is irrelevant (to me).

By the same token, I am free to discuss any story whether it happened or not, e.g. The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek: the Wrath of Khan, the 2018 World Cup final, etc ...

Swan wrote:Second the ice age is not based in religion

Sure it is, including recitation of the prayer "Sacred Ice Age, Mother of Ages, based in thettled thienth art thou."

Swan wrote:...but in geological science,

I realize that you believe this ... because you were told to believe it ... and you always OBEY whatever you are told.

To the best of your understanding, you are not aware of any science that speculates about the past ... because there is none. Have fun being OBEDIENT.

08-07-2022 19:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:LOL, first of all the wacky religious dogma is the make believe ark that you are babbling about.

It's a story. Christians refer to it as an "account" because they believe that it actually happened. I treat it as a story that intends to teach a lesson. Whether it actually happened is irrelevant (to me).

By the same token, I am free to discuss any story whether it happened or not, e.g. The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek: the Wrath of Khan, the 2018 World Cup final, etc ...

Sure it is, including recitation of the prayer "Sacred Ice Age, Mother of Ages, based in thettled thienth art thou."

I realize that you believe this ... because you were told to believe it ... and you always OBEY whatever you are told.

To the best of your understanding, you are not aware of any science that speculates about the past ... because there is none. Have fun being OBEDIENT.

Genesis is part of the old testament hebrew bible, christians read the new testament, which still does not answer the question.

What ark?

Technically it is ok for a mental patient not to believe in the last ice age, so you may continue babbling at will.

ULTRA MAGA

08-07-2022 19:30
(14414)
Swan wrote:Genesis is part of the old testament

... or you could have just said that it is part of the Bible. It would have been simpler.

Swan wrote: christians read the new testament

... as well as the Old Testament. Yes, I know.

Swan wrote:... which still does not answer the question: What ice age?

You got me there.

So you insist that all moraines were under ice simultaneously but that you know they were not underwater simultaneously. Good luck showing that.

08-07-2022 20:09
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

Just so you know.

PS. What ark?

So again, what ark?

CIAO

Your entire life is a foolish argument that fails miserably when you can not get a return argument.

So why would I argue when you do not even know what ark you are babbling about?

Bulverism (genetic) fallacy. Word stuffing. Trolling. RQAA. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

08-07-2022 20:10
(21599)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
PS. What ice age?

LOL, first of all the wacky religious dogma is the make believe ark that you are babbling about. Second the ice age is not based in religion but in geological science, something that you skipped in special education.

Redefinition fallacy (religion<->science). Buzzword fallacy. Insult fallacies. Trolling. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

08-07-2022 20:14
(21599)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Genesis is part of the old testament hebrew bible, christians read the new testament, which still does not answer the question.

What ark?

Technically it is ok for a mental patient not to believe in the last ice age, so you may continue babbling at will.

Illiteracy. 'Old Testament', 'Hebrew', 'Christians', 'New Testament', are all proper nouns. They are all capitalized. Use of comma where semicolon is required. The contraction 'OK' is capitalized.

Void question. Insult fallacies. Redefinition fallacy (science<->religion). Trolling. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

08-07-2022 21:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Genesis is part of the old testament

... or you could have just said that it is part of the Bible. It would have been simpler.

Swan wrote: christians read the new testament

... as well as the Old Testament. Yes, I know.

Swan wrote:... which still does not answer the question: What ice age?

You got me there.

So you insist that all moraines were under ice simultaneously but that you know they were not underwater simultaneously. Good luck showing that.

Moraines were never under ice, they were pushed into position by the ice. Are you tupid or tumptin

ULTRA MAGA

09-07-2022 04:03
(14414)
Swan wrote:Moraines were never under ice,

You are a moron. It's that simple. Too funny!

Swan wrote: they were pushed into position by the ice.

Way too funny! How do you imagine that happening if they were not under flowing ice that moved them around?

I'll presume that you believe the cracks opened up in the ground and ice prevailed from the earth, lifting the rocks which were on top from underneath ... while insisting that no cracks ever opened up in the ground from which water prevailed to flood the land.

Too funny! You go, Swan! You go!
09-07-2022 04:16
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Moraines were never under ice,

You are a moron. It's that simple. Too funny!

Swan wrote: they were pushed into position by the ice.

Way too funny! How do you imagine that happening if they were not under flowing ice that moved them around?

I'll presume that you believe the cracks opened up in the ground and ice prevailed from the earth, lifting the rocks which were on top from underneath ... while insisting that no cracks ever opened up in the ground from which water prevailed to flood the land.

Too funny! You go, Swan! You go!

Actually glaciers covering half of the continent acted like bulldozers flattening some mountains and creating others.

I ride my bike up and down the glacial moraines left in my county that define the most southerly point of the glacial maximum in my state.

Feel free to follow, in your KIA

You are also allowed under the rules to call your mommy for help

Burp

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 09-07-2022 05:13
09-07-2022 05:36
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Moraines are accumulations of dirt and rocks that have fallen onto the glacier surface or have been pushed along by the glacier as it moves.Straight copy and paste.There are pictures as well.Whats the go here is someone suggesting they do not exist.Its cold and wet and I plan on surfing the net for the next 2 days so I will be around a bit
09-07-2022 05:41
(14414)
Swan wrote:Actually glaciers covering half of the continent acted like bulldozers flattening some mountains and creating others.

Again, how do you imagine that happening? Flowing ice acts the same as flowing water (which it is) and flows around things. The only things that get moved around are those things that are contained within, i.e. buried.

You clearly haven't thought this through ... because you are simply regurgitating what you have been ordered to believe ... and you are OBEYING.

Your requirement to pretend that you are omniscient should have been your red flag that you are being ordered to say really stupid schytt.

Oh, by the way, you are saying some really stupid schytt.

Swan wrote:I ride my bike up and down the glacial moraines

... pretending that you are omniscient, that you can verify unobserved events of the distant past, and imagining the occurrences of those events exactly per the narrative you have been ordered to believe.

You go, Swan! You go!
Attached image:

09-07-2022 06:10
(14414)
duncan61 wrote:Moraines are accumulations of dirt and rocks that have fallen onto the glacier surface

Incorrect.

Moraines are the result of ice flowing overhead. They scraped up the ground beneath them like bulldozers, yes.

I don't pretend to be omniscient; I simply don't believe that rocks fell from the sky onto glaciers.

What I speculate happened, which coincidentally happens to be the speculation of all geologists with whom I have spoken, is that there was snow.

I realize that you might find this pretty outrageous but I firmly believe that the exact same phenomenon we experience today that we call "snow" occurred at many points in the distant past. This "snow" accumulated into "ice" as we observe occurring on the Greenland ice sheet and the Antarctic ice sheets. Further, I believe that this ice flowed just as the ice flows over the Greenland ice sheet and the Antarctic ice sheets today. I truly believe that ice of the distant past equivalently moved objects and scraped the earth just as the flowing ice of the Greenland ice sheet and of the Antarctic ice sheets has been observed to do over my lifetime and continues to do before our very eyes.

That's what I believe.

Moraines are the scarring of the earth by ice that flowed overhead.

duncan61 wrote: ... or have been pushed along by the glacier

Nope. Nothing was pushed. Everything was carried.

Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.
Page 4 of 8<<<23456>>>

Join the debate "... take care of it." -Genesis 2:15.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
Funny how none of the geniuses here care about climate change anymore3230-07-2022 21:58
America Has The Best Health Care In The World627-12-2018 20:43
"I don't care du u" slop coat323-06-2018 19:13
People who care about climate, is it about loving Earth or is it about their own self interests?625-12-2015 13:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact