Remember me
▼ Content

"... take care of it." -Genesis 2:15.

Page 1 of 8123>>>
"... take care of it." -Genesis 2:15.22-06-2022 19:29
mushmouse
☆☆☆☆☆
(4)
God's assignment for humankind was to be earth's caretakers. -Genesis 2:15.

If you would like to live when litterbugs and polluters no longer inhabitant the earth please contact me at the following: quadjoseph@aol.com

PS. Please forward this message to anyone you know (relatives, neighbors, co-workers, enemies, etc.) who read and do not read "the holy Scriptures." -Romans 1:2. quadjoseph@aol.com
22-06-2022 20:25
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14401)
mushmouse wrote:God's assignment for humankind was to be earth's caretakers. -Genesis 2:15.

I thought God's assignment for humankind came in 10 easy commandments. Depending upon which version you prefer, the original vs the Jesus-update, we are looking at these:

First Commandment

Original: 'I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 'You shall have no other gods before me' (Ex 20:2-3 NIV)

Jesus-update: "Worship the Lord your God and serve him only"' (Luke 4:8)

Second Commandment:

Original: 'You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments' (Ex 20:4-6)

Jesus Update: 'Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry' (1 Cor 10:14)

Third Commandment:

Original: 'You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name (Ex 20:7)

Jesus-update: ' Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy....."' (Matt 6:9)[1]

Fourth Commandment:

Original: 'Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labour and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy' (Ex 20:8-11).

Jesus-update: [transfer of the celebration of divine worship from the Saturday Sabbath to the Lord's day, Sunday] 1 Cor. 16:2; Acts 20:7ff; Rev. 1:10. Galatians 4:9-11; 5:1-15 and Col. 2:16-17.

Fifth Commandment:

Original: 'Honour your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you' (Ex 20:12)

Jesus-update: 'For Moses said, "Honour your father and mother," and, "Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death'(Mark 7:10)

Sixth Commandment:

Original: 'You shall not murder' (Ex 20:13).

Jesus-update: "You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honour your father and mother' (Mark 10:19).

Seventh Commandment:

Original: 'You shall not commit adultery' (Ex 20:14)

Jesus-update: '"You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony....' (Matt 19:18).

Eighth Commandment:

Original: 'You shall not steal' (Ex 20:15).

Jesus-Update: "You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honour your father and mother." (Lk 18:20)

Ninth Commandment:

Original: 'You shall not give false testimony against your neighbour' (Ex 20:16).

Jesus-update: "You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honour your father and mother' (Mk10:19).

Tenth Commandment:

original:L 'You shall not covet your neighbour's house. You shall not covet your neighbour's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.' (Ex 20:17)

Jesus-update: 'You shall not commit adultery,' 'You shall not murder,' 'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not covet,' and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: 'Love your neighbour as yourself' (Rom 13:9).

mushmouse wrote:If you would like to live when litterbugs and polluters no longer inhabitant the earth please contact me at the following: quadjoseph@aol.com - PS. Please forward this message to anyone you know (relatives, neighbors, co-workers, enemies, etc.) who read and do not read "the holy Scriptures." -Romans 1:2. quadjoseph@aol.com

What if I just want to live when there is no more spam? Didn't God promise this in the Holy Scriptures?
Attached image:

Edited on 22-06-2022 20:26
22-06-2022 20:58
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
mushmouse wrote:God's assignment for humankind was to be earth's caretakers. -Genesis 2:15.

Wait...I thought this was my assignment for the earth.

Now be fruitful and multiply, and repopulate the earth." (Genesis 9:7)
22-06-2022 21:21
(14401)
GasGuzzler wrote:

I'm curious, how could the earth be repopulated if it had never before been populated?

Perhaps this was not God's first go at this, eh?
22-06-2022 22:17
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

I'm curious, how could the earth be repopulated if it had never before been populated?

You know this one, Bible Troll. This was God's asignment to me right after the Great Climate Change Flood of Genesis 8. Muver Erff DID need to be REpopulated. Have you done your due diligence?

...and don't go off telling me the entire earth wasn't yet populated. The area populated that God wiped out was just a micro climate representative of the macro climate which IS the global climate. Duh?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 22-06-2022 22:57
23-06-2022 01:29
(14401)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

You know this one, Bible Troll. This was God's asignment to me right after the Great Climate Change Flood of Genesis 8. Muver Erff DID need to be REpopulated. Have you done your due diligence?

...and don't go off telling me the entire earth wasn't yet populated. The area populated that God wiped out was just a micro climate representative of the macro climate which IS the global climate. Duh?

We (and that includes Sven), stand corrected.

That flood gave Climate one heck of an enema. Is that what they found on Mt. Ararat?

Attached image:

23-06-2022 01:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

We (and that includes Sven), stand corrected.

That flood gave Climate one heck of an enema. Is that what they found on Mt. Ararat?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the first time I've ever heard of the Ark described that way!

Personally, I don't think they found the Ark there. Being made of wood and probably containing a year's worth of poo in it, it would have long ago rotted away.

Probably not a pleasant journey.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-06-2022 02:26
(14401)
Into the Night wrote:Personally, I don't think they found the Ark there. Being made of wood and probably containing a year's worth of poo in it, it would have long ago rotted away.

I disagree. I'm thinking that if I were Noah, there probably wasn't a whole heckuva lot to do on that ark ... so Noah probably had his family pulling clean-up duty in shifts, and they probably shovelled the poo over the side rather than allow it to accumulate.

Sure, it would be a lot of work, but when there is absolutely nothing to do in cramped quarters, people jump at any opportunity to keep from going out of their minds.

Poo clean-up was all that was going on. I can't see how it wouldn't happen.

... unless ... Noah got the sinking feeling "Wait, didn't anyone bring the shovels? Ham, I specifically asked you to load them with the elephants! Japheth, you were supposed to do the final inventory cross-check. Shem, stop smirking, you're not blameless in all this! Well, it looks like some of us are just going to have to use our hands, now. Well, don't just sit there like a pile of chaff, ... get crack'n."

Into the Night wrote:Probably not a pleasant journey.

That's what I'm thinking.

23-06-2022 09:58
(21596)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Personally, I don't think they found the Ark there. Being made of wood and probably containing a year's worth of poo in it, it would have long ago rotted away.

I disagree. I'm thinking that if I were Noah, there probably wasn't a whole heckuva lot to do on that ark ... so Noah probably had his family pulling clean-up duty in shifts, and they probably shovelled the poo over the side rather than allow it to accumulate.

Sure, it would be a lot of work, but when there is absolutely nothing to do in cramped quarters, people jump at any opportunity to keep from going out of their minds.

Poo clean-up was all that was going on. I can't see how it wouldn't happen.

... unless ... Noah got the sinking feeling "Wait, didn't anyone bring the shovels? Ham, I specifically asked you to load them with the elephants! Japheth, you were supposed to do the final inventory cross-check. Shem, stop smirking, you're not blameless in all this! Well, it looks like some of us are just going to have to use our hands, now. Well, don't just sit there like a pile of chaff, ... get crack'n."

Into the Night wrote:Probably not a pleasant journey.

That's what I'm thinking.

You are probably right about how they handled the poo, but do you think a wooden ship lasted all these years?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-06-2022 14:23
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
mushmouse wrote:

If you would like to live when litterbugs and polluters no longer inhabitant the earth please contact me at the following: quadjoseph@aol.com

PS. Please forward this message to anyone you know (relatives, neighbors, co-workers, enemies, etc.) who read and do not read "the holy Scriptures." -Romans 1:2. quadjoseph@aol.com

Nope god said that we could do with the Earth as we see fit because we had dominion over everything.

Now I am not necessarily agreeing with that, but this is what the bible says.

Wait there are 500 versions of the bible so was God a schizzo too? or was the bible written by retards eating locust

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
23-06-2022 17:12
(14401)
Into the Night wrote:You are probably right about how they handled the poo, but do you think a wooden ship lasted all these years?

First, I don't think the waters prevailing 15 cubits would be sufficient to elevate an ark to the 3500 meters elevation needed to lay it on the side of Mt. Ararat.

However, as to whether such a wooden ark could last all these years, well, it is certainly possible if it were somehow buried and petrified.

Now I have to ask ... if God was helping Noah build the ark, I see nothing to prevent God from slipping in a little fiberglass, nomsayn? It would have spared Noah from having to say "Hey, put out that fire! What are you, nuts? I realize you want to fry up some bacon but we can't have ... wait! ... where'd you get the bacon?"

Attached image:

Edited on 23-06-2022 17:41
23-06-2022 19:11
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:You are probably right about how they handled the poo, but do you think a wooden ship lasted all these years?

Now I have to ask ... if God was helping Noah build the ark, I see nothing to prevent God from slipping in a little fiberglass, nomsayn?

If this is correct, and I see no reason why not, then we're going to need this posted on the Ark. Rumor on the street is that Noah was very anal about OSHA regulation compliance. Why do you think it took 70 years to build the damn thing? I hear he was constantly misplacing is harness or safety glasses.

As you should've known Bible Troll, they didn't even have fiberglass back then. Duh?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

Edited on 23-06-2022 19:29
23-06-2022 23:03
(21596)
Swan wrote:
mushmouse wrote:

Nope god said that we could do with the Earth as we see fit because we had dominion over everything.

We don't. God never said any such thing. Can we change the orbit of the Earth? Can we control the weather? Can we freeze the Earth's core? Can we make plants grow in the thermosphere?

No.
Swan wrote:

It isn't what the Bible says.
Swan wrote:
Wait there are 500 versions of the bible so was God a schizzo too? or was the bible written by retards eating locust

God didn't write all 500 versions, dumbass. Man did.

The Parrot Killer

23-06-2022 23:11
(21596)
IBdaMann wrote:

First, I don't think the waters prevailing 15 cubits would be sufficient to elevate an ark to the 3500 meters elevation needed to lay it on the side of Mt. Ararat.

However, as to whether such a wooden ark could last all these years, well, it is certainly possible if it were somehow buried and petrified.

Now I have to ask ... if God was helping Noah build the ark, I see nothing to prevent God from slipping in a little fiberglass, nomsayn? It would have spared Noah from having to say "Hey, put out that fire! What are you, nuts? I realize you want to fry up some bacon but we can't have ... wait! ... where'd you get the bacon?"

God didn't help Noah build the Ark. He simply commanded him to build it, specifying the wood, how to seal it, it's size and general structure.

Noah had to build his own Ark!

The 15 cubits upward is measured from...where? The tops of the mountains? Sea level?

The Parrot Killer

23-06-2022 23:13
(21596)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Now I have to ask ... if God was helping Noah build the ark, I see nothing to prevent God from slipping in a little fiberglass, nomsayn?

If this is correct, and I see no reason why not, then we're going to need this posted on the Ark. Rumor on the street is that Noah was very anal about OSHA regulation compliance. Why do you think it took 70 years to build the damn thing? I hear he was constantly misplacing is harness or safety glasses.

As you should've known Bible Troll, they didn't even have fiberglass back then. Duh?

The Parrot Killer

24-06-2022 01:30
(14401)
GasGuzzler wrote:As you should've known Bible Troll, they didn't even have fiberglass back then. Duh?

God has always had fiberglass. He gave some to his worshipers in Syria and Cilicia, as recounted in Galatians, and it was totally unknown to them (for good reason) or to the churches of Judaea which were in Christ.

God not having fiberglass? What were you thinking.

GasGuzzler wrote:Rumor on the street is that Noah was very anal about OSHA regulation compliance.

Yes he was. Thank you for pointing out my error; I posted the wrong pic. The one I posted previously was of an earlier, initial test run when the proper signage had not yet been applied due to a mixup between Noah and OSHA concerning which regulations were not yet being enforced and which ones carried statutory exclusions for catastrophic Climate Change.

I have posted the correct version below.

GasGuzzler wrote:Why do you think it took 70 years to build the damn thing?

Tell me about it. Between the hamstringing Teamsters regulations, OSHA mandates and Japheth being more concerned about chasing chicks than with helping out with the ark, it's a wonder that it ever got built.

Attached image:

24-06-2022 01:51
(14401)
Into the Night wrote:God didn't help Noah build the Ark.

How do you know? My understanding is that God can be pretty helpful at times, and God clearly had an interest in getting that ark completed.

You don't think that when Noah was having some trouble positioning one of the two-ton beams that God didn't say "Pssst, hey, Noah ... just look over there for a moment, ... or close your eyes for a sec"?

Into the Night wrote:He simply commanded him to build it,

I agree that that is a crucial component of the story.

Into the Night wrote:specifying the wood, how to seal it, it's size and general structure.

Can we agree that "cubits" are God's official unit of measure?

Into the Night wrote:Noah had to build his own Ark!

I'm not so sure about that. If God wants a project to move along, he's not going to let random setbacks creep in ... since He controls all that.

... and Noah was selected for his righteousness, not because he was somehow the brightest bulb in the pack. I'm reasonably certain that God had to say "Noah, look over there for a moment" on quite a few occasions, whenever Noah wasn't quite grasping what he needed to do.

On the other hand, I imagine that God can put on quite a demonstration and convey technical topics in a fun and entertaining way, so He was likely able to minimize the need for such interventions.

Into the Night wrote:The 15 cubits upward is measured from...where?

It is measured from normal sea level. 15 cubits is the distance the waters prevailed. It's what we know.

And when you ask "How do you know? Were you there?" ... the answer is "You bet I was." It was the perfect day for a swim.

Oh, rumor has it that God knows what sea level is. I think He was the one that did the measuring. The people who were contracted to do the measuring perished in the flood. Unfortunate.

24-06-2022 02:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
mushmouse wrote:

We don't. God never said any such thing. Can we change the orbit of the Earth? Can we control the weather? Can we freeze the Earth's core? Can we make plants grow in the thermosphere?

No.
Swan wrote:

It isn't what the Bible says.
Swan wrote:

God didn't write all 500 versions, dumbass. Man did.

True God has never said anything, but the book of Genesis clearly states

26 Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

However you obviously know what God really meant.

Tell us now

LOL is this like an ink blot test?

It's a two-step process. First, you have to know something about psychological tests. Second, you bring that knowledge to Scripture and shed light on it. The first part is a little complicated. There are thousands of psychological tests out there. Some try to get at the details of intellectual functioning (e.g., the Wechsler Intelligence tests), some try to identify personality themes—good and bad—that impact our work and relationships (e.g., the MMPI*), and others are less popular tests that are deeply embedded in a particular theory of the person and are trying to apply that theory to everyday life. When we talk about psychological tests, we are usually talking about the personality tests.

Before you even get to Scripture, these tests have critiques of themselves. For example, test makers know that test questions are connected to your present circumstances, so as your circumstances change, so will your test answers. Also, none of them claim to offer omniscient insight into the human heart. They are simply organizing your answers into categories they hope will be useful. Personality tests, in general, are for fun. They have more in common with parlor games than they do with x-rays.

When you first bring your knowledge of psychological tests to Scripture, you don't come up with very much, at least I don't. Let's keep thinking biblically, but an initial scan of Scripture might suggest that we don't have to make a big deal out of personality tests. They are one way of gathering information from a person, and gathering information is a critical feature of ministry—it is tough to apply Scripture to a person we don't know. We pursue this information in all kinds of ways. We ask friends (with permission, of course), we read personal journals that the person allows us to read, we ask all kinds of questions, we watch the person relate to others, we might even ask about high school grades or talk about a profile that came out of a personality test. All data has its biases and a hint of the dubious (I am going to put my best foot forward if you are asking me questions), but as we walk along with someone and bring together different kinds of information, we can actually know someone accurately, though never exhaustively.

At this point, Scripture really kicks in. Scripture takes our knowledge of the person and places it in the larger context of allegiances and kingdoms. No psychological test will do that for you.

Do we actually use tests at CCEF? No, not that I know of. But that's not necessarily because of a definitive biblical principle. We opt to gain an understanding of someone from talking with them. Most experienced counselors can fairly quickly gather the useful data that might come from personality testing.

On a personal note, I have done interviews of candidates for a mission organization and I have suggested that they use a couple psychological tests in their evaluations. I think they actually asked me for recommendations because the standard in mission's interviews is to use psychological tests. Also, when you have a short period of time with someone, a psychological test might give you a specific direction for questions that could be useful. The critical issue here is that it is irresponsible to make critical decisions about someone based on their answers to a test. A test, at its best, raises questions that can be explored together.

The good with tests? Some experienced test-givers can gather a crazy amount of information from a test. The first time I observed this, I thought the test-interpreter was some kind of seer. In time, however, the process was de-mystified, because experienced people can get lots of information from what seems to be a little snippet of life. For example, an experienced observer could probably tell me things about myself, which I would rather not know, by watching me drive a car.

The cautions? Here are a couple. (1) Some people fall in love with tests, and the test categories become biblical categories generating statements like this: "Oh, you are an INTJ (MBTI** result), that's why you did that." That becomes a hindrance to knowing and loving because you feel like you have mastered everything you need to know about the other person. (2) Since biblical counseling aspires to a counseling method that is accessible to everyone—we believe that counseling ministry is public domain—we tend to not emphasize tools that demand some technical expertise.

With these things in mind, we could then look at specific tests and talk about their advantages or disadvantages. But at some point we would probably say, "Let's talk about something more important."

*MMPI – refers to Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory

**MBTI – refers to Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Edited on 24-06-2022 02:56
24-06-2022 02:56
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:God has always had fiberglass. He gave some to his worshipers in Syria and Cilicia, as recounted in Galatians, and it was totally unknown to them (for good reason) or to the churches of Judaea which were in Christ.

God not having fiberglass? What were you thinking?

You sure about this? I'll check with Google and see if it is what we know.

IBdaMann wrote:
Between the hamstringing Teamsters regulations, OSHA mandates and Japheth being more concerned about chasing chicks than with helping out with the ark, it's a wonder that it ever got built.

Yeah, I heard that Japheth was a real dirt bag. He got a sweet deal on an early retirement pension that he barely worked for. Then the damn fool bought a moraine riding pedal bike just to impress the chicks and wouldn't even help dad build a boat. He would just text his friends and say, "My dad wants help again....WAAAAAAAAAAAAA". LAMO!!! ...but this is mostly just hearsay.

...and a total side note here. I disagree with your previous assertion that boredom was a huge problem on the Ark. On the contrary, Noah was quite a crafty fella and I'm sure he built a water slide or two out of driftwood. I bet he even made a set of rope rings that children could be dared to try and cross the "Pool of Poo".
After all, Noah has been linked to waterparks (https://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/) so this IS what we know.

Edited on 24-06-2022 03:21
24-06-2022 02:58
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:God has always had fiberglass. He gave some to his worshipers in Syria and Cilicia, as recounted in Galatians, and it was totally unknown to them (for good reason) or to the churches of Judaea which were in Christ.

God not having fiberglass? What were you thinking?

You sure about this? I'll check with Google and see if it is what we know.

IBdaMann wrote:
Between the hamstringing Teamsters regulations, OSHA mandates and Japheth being more concerned about chasing chicks than with helping out with the ark, it's a wonder that it ever got built.

Yeah, I heard that Japheth was a real dirt bag. He got a sweet deal on an early retirement pension that he barely worked for. Then the damn fool bought a moraine riding pedal bike just to impress the chicks and wouldn't even help dad build a boat. He would just text his friends and say, "My dad wants help again....WAAAAAAAAAAAAA". LAMO ...but this is mostly just hearsay.

...and a total side note here. I disagree with your previous assertion that boredom was a huge problem on the Ark. On the contrary, Noah was quite a crafty fella and I'm sure he built a water slide or two out of driftwood. I bet he even made a set of rope rings that children could be dared to try and cross the "Pool of Poo".
After all, Noah has been linked to waterparks (https://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/) so this IS what we know.

LOL

ULTRA MAGA

24-06-2022 03:48
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
How does the garden of Eden dress himself?

One pant leg at a time.

Be sure to cover up the tree of good and evil in the middle.

It's known to attract toxoplasma gondi.

24-06-2022 04:33
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Spongy Iris wrote:

Wait! How is a garden gender specific?
Last I was told a woman could not even be defined...but now a garden has junk and is a he. So confused.

24-06-2022 05:28
(1643)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Wait! How is a garden gender specific?
Last I was told a woman could not even be defined...but now a garden has junk and is a he. So confused.

Not so fast, jump ahead to Genesis 2:24: they shall be one flesh.

When the garden fell in the next chapter, death became him, and he became them.

24-06-2022 06:57
(14401)
GasGuzzler wrote:You sure about this? I'll check with Google and see if it is what we know.

Google is the place to check. They would know.

GasGuzzler wrote:...and a total side note here. I disagree with your previous assertion that boredom was a huge problem on the Ark.

Is your assertion based on the sheer quantity of things to do on an ark? ... like cow tipping, perhaps.

On that point, when tipping cows, do you typically leave 15% or closer to 20%?

GasGuzzler wrote: On the contrary, Noah was quite a crafty fella

If that's true, why didn't he make the ark out of fiberglass?

GasGuzzler wrote:and I'm sure he built a water slide or two out of driftwood.

Water slides were standard back then. It partially answers your question as to why it took 70 years to complete the ark.

Now if Noah really were quick on the uptake he would have installed an Olympic diving platform. It was a perfect opportunity wasted.

GasGuzzler wrote:I bet he even made a set of rope rings that children could be dared to try and cross the "Pool of Poo"."

The children played in the pool of poo. They weren't trying to avoid it.

GasGuzzler wrote:After all, Noah has been linked to waterparks

At first, I was going to summarily dismiss your absurd notion, but then you used the word "linked" and so you must know what you're talking about.
Attached image:

Edited on 24-06-2022 06:59
24-06-2022 18:24
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
Is your assertion based on the sheer quantity of things to do on an ark? ... like cow tipping, perhaps.

You are failing to consider the vast quantities of available driftwood and what it allows for. Make a stick horse, carve out and make a log ride, or craft a sharp cattle prod. The possibilities are endless.

You also fail to consider the micro climate inside the Ark. I'm sure the children were stuffing and selling knockoff generic Winnie the "Poo" souvenirs during the entire cruise.

IBdaMann wrote:
On that point, when tipping cows, do you typically leave 15% or closer to 20%?

No more than 10%. Cows have plenty of money already and generally speaking, they are milking the system.

IBdaMann wrote:
Now if Noah really were quick on the uptake he would have installed an Olympic diving platform. It was a perfect opportunity wasted.

No, he wanted the platform but OSHA put the kibosh on it. OSHA required a fiberglass platform and God ran out of it after he allowed Noah the waterslide. Sadly, fiberglass is not a renewable resource.

Besides that, the cost for permits and insurance was insane and Noah simple couldn't afford it. Too bad. Think of the parties Japheth would have had up there with all his chicks.

Edited on 24-06-2022 18:38
24-06-2022 19:03
(14401)
GasGuzzler wrote:You are failing to consider the vast quantities of available driftwood and what it allows for.

I stand corrected.

GasGuzzler wrote:You also fail to consider the micro climate inside the Ark.

I won't make that mistake again.

GasGuzzler wrote:Make a stick horse, carve out and make a log ride, or craft a sharp cattle prod. The possibilities are endless.

This is an important point; I'm glad you raised awareness of this issue.

My original point was that people were necessarily bored on the ark with nothing to do, but then you and I began discussing log rides and swinging rings and water slides and diving platforms, ... and it made me realize that the ark was more of a floating amusement park ... and that's why it took 70 years to build.

Boy, did I get that one terribly wrong. I apologize for any confusion I might have caused.
Attached image:

24-06-2022 19:33
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
you and I began discussing log rides and swinging rings and water slides and diving platforms, ... and it made me realize that the ark was more of a floating amusement park ...

Yes sir, and complete with a petting zoo and poo. I can only imaging the disappointment when the rain stopped and Climate's enema was finished..

24-06-2022 19:37
(21596)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:God didn't help Noah build the Ark.

How do you know? My understanding is that God can be pretty helpful at times, and God clearly had an interest in getting that ark completed.

You don't think that when Noah was having some trouble positioning one of the two-ton beams that God didn't say "Pssst, hey, Noah ... just look over there for a moment, ... or close your eyes for a sec"?

What two ton beams?? Did you know that people move whole fallen trees around with little more than a lever or two?
Into the Night wrote:specifying the wood, how to seal it, it's size and general structure.

Can we agree that "cubits" are God's official unit of measure? [/quote]
Why would it be? It was a unit of measure for Noah, though.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Noah had to build his own Ark!

I'm not so sure about that. If God wants a project to move along, he's not going to let random setbacks creep in ... since He controls all that.

... and Noah was selected for his righteousness, not because he was somehow the brightest bulb in the pack. I'm reasonably certain that God had to say "Noah, look over there for a moment" on quite a few occasions, whenever Noah wasn't quite grasping what he needed to do.

You are assuming Noah was stupid????!?
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:The 15 cubits upward is measured from...where?

It is measured from normal sea level. 15 cubits is the distance the waters prevailed. It's what we know.

No, it's not. A scripture right next to that one says the mountains were covered. Indeed, it says that several times. So.....where is zero for a measurement of 15 cubits?

Perhaps a measurement of the waterline on the Ark itself?
Remember the Ark was 30 cubits in height.

The Parrot Killer

24-06-2022 20:34
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Dinke zo Nidd dreto:[/f]Kew idniz whorp Jeaxah fuird zo Alk. [/queto]
Whed pe ug gned? Vupp uctolchaxactick dis zaxat Kew caxan fo plottupp whorpbur axat timos, pi Kew croaxalrupp whaxad up dinkoloch din kottick zaxat axalk cemprotow.

Ug peniz zint zaxat hon Jeaxah waxas whaxavick semo sleufro desitienick eno eb zo twe-ten foaxams zaxat Kew idniz saxaupp "Pssch, whoupp, Jeaxah ... quich reet evol zolo bel pit vemonk, ... el creso yeep oyos bel pit soc"?[/queto]
Haxat twe ten foaxams?? Id ug gned zaxat doepro vevo hero baxarron sloos axaleuct um rittro velo zaxan pit rovol el twe?
[queto][f]Dinke zo Nidd dreto:[/f]spocibyick zo weew, whed te soaxar dit, dit nud sizo pi konolaxar chlundulo.[/queto]
Caxan wo axagloo zaxat "cufits" axalo Kew nud ebbiciaxar unit eb voaxasulo? [/queto]
Hupp weurd dit fo? Dit waxas pit unit eb voaxasulo bel Jeaxah, zeugh.
[queto][f]DiFdaxaMaxann dreto:[/f]
[queto][f]Dinke zo Nidd dreto:[/f]Jeaxah whaxad te fuird whis ewn Alk![/queto]
Pum'v jet se sulo axafuk zaxat. Dib Kew waxanks pit plejond te vevo axareck, who nud jet keick te rot laxactem sotfaxangs clour din ... sinco Who cenklers axarr zaxat.

... pi Jeaxah waxas sorondow bel whis liddoeusnopt, jet focaxauso who waxas semohed zo fliddoch furf din zo paxang. Pum'v loaxasenaxafrupp coltaxain zaxat Kew whaxad te saxaupp "Jeaxah, reet evol zolo bel pit vemonk" en juto pit bod eccaxasiens, honovol Jeaxah waxasniz juto klaxaspick haxat who joodow te pe. [/queto]
Ug axalo axassumick Jeaxah waxas chupid????!?
[queto][f]DiFdaxaMaxann dreto:[/f]
[queto][f]Dinke zo Nidd dreto:[/f]Zo 19 cufits upwaxald dis voaxasulow blem...holo? [/queto]
Dit dis voaxasulow blem jelmaxar soaxa rovor. 19 cufits dis zo ichaxanco zo waxatols plovaxairow. Dit nud haxat wo gned.
[/queto]
Je, dit nud jet. A scliptulo lidd joxt te zaxat eno saxays zo veunkaxains wolo cevolow. Dictoow, dit saxays zaxat sovolaxar timos. Se.....holo dis thole bel pit voaxasulomonk eb 19 cufits?

Dolhaxaps pit voaxasulomonk eb zo waxatolrino en zo Alk ditsorb?
Lomomfol zo Alk waxas 40 cufits din whoidd.[/queto]

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 24-06-2022 20:36
24-06-2022 20:50
(14401)
Into the Night wrote:What two ton beams?? Did you know that people move whole fallen trees around with little more than a lever or two?

People move fallen trees with heavy equipment ...

... or they cut them into smaller pieces ...

Into the Night wrote:Why would it be? It was a unit of measure for Noah, though.

God likes cubits. You can't deny that. God doesn't ever use the metric system or standard, ... only cubits. No one can show any other unit as being God's official unit of measure.

IBdaMann wrote:You are assuming Noah was stupid????!?

Nope. I am assuming that Noah was selected for his righteousness.

Why do you believe that Noah was selected for his brilliance?

Why do you believe that God isn't helpful?

IBdaMann wrote:No, it's not.

Yes, that's what it means for waters to "prevail", i.e. to rise.

The waters rose 15 cubits.

IBdaMann wrote:A scripture right next to that one says the mountains were covered.

So you have a contradiction. You have a hard, fast measurement vs potential human exaggeration exacerbated by word-of-mouth over many generations ...

... so the logical interpretation is to go with the hard, fast measurement and to understand that those 15 cubits were perceived/recounted as humans normally like to tell stories. If you are sitting on a boat whereby you can't see the shore ... and you possibly believe that the earth is flat ... well you would certainly believe that "all the high mountains were covered."

... or you could pick the "God doesn't know how to measure" interpretation, but I recommend just going with the 15 cubit prevalence of the waters and recall how people normally speak.

IBdaMann wrote:Perhaps a measurement of the waterline on the Ark itself?Remember the Ark was 30 cubits in height.

Exactly. You always need to remember the scale being discussed. Genesis felt it necessary to mention that there was so much water that the ark was actually lifted off the earth (began to float). 15 cubits will do that.

24-06-2022 21:33
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:What two ton beams?? Did you know that people move whole fallen trees around with little more than a lever or two?

Into the Night wrote:Why would it be? It was a unit of measure for Noah, though.

God likes cubits. You can't deny that. God doesn't ever use the metric system or standard, ... only cubits. No one can show any other unit as being God's official unit of measure.

IBdaMann wrote:You are assuming Noah was stupid????!?

IBdaMann wrote:A scripture right next to that one says the mountains were covered.

So you have a contradiction. You have a hard, fast measurement vs potential human exaggeration exacerbated by word-of-mouth over many generations ...

... so the logical interpretation is to go with the hard, fast measurement and to understand that those 15 cubits were perceived/recounted as humans normally like to tell stories. If you are sitting on a boat whereby you can't see the shore ... and you possibly believe that the earth is flat ... well you would certainly believe that "all the high mountains were covered."

... or you could pick the "God doesn't know how to measure" interpretation, but I recommend just going with the 15 cubit prevalence of the waters and recall how people normally speak.

IBdaMann wrote:Perhaps a measurement of the waterline on the Ark itself?Remember the Ark was 30 cubits in height.

Exactly. You always need to remember the scale being discussed. Genesis felt it necessary to mention that there was so much water that the ark was actually lifted off the earth (began to float). 15 cubits will do that.

Genesis is a bible verse, as such it is not capable of feeling

ULTRA MAGA

25-06-2022 02:01
(14401)
Swan wrote:Genesis is a bible verse, as such it is not capable of feeling

Genesis is a book expressing a story. Genesis found it necessary to express that there was enough water to actually lift the ark off the ground.

I'll presume this is all new to you.

I'll bring you up to speed.

IBDaMann Version, Genesis 7

1. God says to Noah "You were righteous therefore I'm going to spare you and your family.

2. God commanded Noah to gather 7 pairs of clean beasts and two pairs of unclean beasts.

3. God commanded Noah to gather 7 pairs of all birds

4. God gave Noah seven days to do it all before he was going to make it rain big time and was going to unmake all that he had made

5. Noah did it all!

6. Noah was 600 years old when the flooding began. In fact, Noah was on his 17th day of the second month of his 600 jubilee when the rain started ... but we have to piece this information together from separate verses.

7. Noah noticed the rain starting and had his family climb into the ark. Good call on his part.

8. Of all the animals that Noah had gathered ...

9. ... they entered the ark in pairs "unto Noah" which means "after him" and "to him into the ark."

10. True to His word, God made it rain after seven days.

11. Noah is on the 17th day of his second month of his 600th year.

12. It rained for forty days and forty nights. The flood waters, however, remained prevailed for 150 days we will learn at the very end of chapter 7.

13. Noah, Shem, Ham, Japheth, the sons of Noah, Noah's wife and the three wives of his sons with them all entered the ark on the same day. We do not know if this is a comprehensive list, only that the aforementioned individuals definitely made it onto the ark.

14. All the animals entered afterwards. It's not clear who guided the animals since Noah and family were all onboard at this time. One possibility is that there were other people, possibly hired hands, who also rode on the ark after guiding the animals aboard.

15. They that entered the ark entered in pairs.

16. All entered the ark as God commanded and God shut the door behind them all, shutting them in.

17. It rained for forty days and forty nights, dropping enough water to lift the ark off the ground (re: 15 cubits)

18. ... and the ark was floating because the waters were prevailing

19. ... the waters prevailed and the hills were covered

20. Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. This only seems reconcilable as a characterization of someone on the ark, i.e. how it appeared:

21. All living things and all men died, leaving open the possibility that some women survived ... but we know that every man died.

22. All women died as well.

23. Everything that was on dry land perished, except for Noah and those with him. We still don't have a comprehensive list of who those all were.

24. The waters prevailed for 150 days.

This is what Genesis needed to express.

25-06-2022 02:08
(21596)
IBdaMann wrote:

Special pleading fallacy. Wups. People can and do move fallen trees around with nothing but a lever or two. Oft times, just pulleys and rigging will do just fine. You think they used modern tractors to place the stones for the pyramids????!?
IBdaMann wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! There WAS NO METRIC SYSTEM when the Bible was being written!

What makes you think God is dead????!? What makes you think he even HAS an official measuring system???????!?

IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:You are assuming Noah was stupid????!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No, you cannot make that compositional error fallacy. You won't get away with that!

.....measured from where?
IBdaMann wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You forget that this passage was originally in Hebrew, and that the origin point (zero) was NEVER SPECIFIED!
IBdaMann wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! How do you know??????!? Did you actually WEIGH THE ARK?????!?

The Parrot Killer

25-06-2022 02:12
(1643)
You douche bag's have some gall!

Get it??

25-06-2022 02:41
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Genesis is a bible verse, as such it is not capable of feeling

Genesis is a book expressing a story. Genesis found it necessary to express that there was enough water to actually lift the ark off the ground.

I'll presume this is all new to you.

I'll bring you up to speed.

IBDaMann Version, Genesis 7

1. God says to Noah "You were righteous therefore I'm going to spare you and your family.

2. God commanded Noah to gather 7 pairs of clean beasts and two pairs of unclean beasts.

3. God commanded Noah to gather 7 pairs of all birds

4. God gave Noah seven days to do it all before he was going to make it rain big time and was going to unmake all that he had made

5. Noah did it all!

6. Noah was 600 years old when the flooding began. In fact, Noah was on his 17th day of the second month of his 600 jubilee when the rain started ... but we have to piece this information together from separate verses.

7. Noah noticed the rain starting and had his family climb into the ark. Good call on his part.

8. Of all the animals that Noah had gathered ...

9. ... they entered the ark in pairs "unto Noah" which means "after him" and "to him into the ark."

10. True to His word, God made it rain after seven days.

11. Noah is on the 17th day of his second month of his 600th year.

12. It rained for forty days and forty nights. The flood waters, however, remained prevailed for 150 days we will learn at the very end of chapter 7.

13. Noah, Shem, Ham, Japheth, the sons of Noah, Noah's wife and the three wives of his sons with them all entered the ark on the same day. We do not know if this is a comprehensive list, only that the aforementioned individuals definitely made it onto the ark.

14. All the animals entered afterwards. It's not clear who guided the animals since Noah and family were all onboard at this time. One possibility is that there were other people, possibly hired hands, who also rode on the ark after guiding the animals aboard.

15. They that entered the ark entered in pairs.

16. All entered the ark as God commanded and God shut the door behind them all, shutting them in.

17. It rained for forty days and forty nights, dropping enough water to lift the ark off the ground (re: 15 cubits)

18. ... and the ark was floating because the waters were prevailing

19. ... the waters prevailed and the hills were covered

20. Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. This only seems reconcilable as a characterization of someone on the ark, i.e. how it appeared:

21. All living things and all men died, leaving open the possibility that some women survived ... but we know that every man died.

22. All women died as well.

23. Everything that was on dry land perished, except for Noah and those with him. We still don't have a comprehensive list of who those all were.

24. The waters prevailed for 150 days.

This is what Genesis needed to express.

You are clueless as usual. While it is true that Genesis is part of a book, it finds nothing necessary to express. See kid only the book's author could do that, as books do not write themselves.

But you go on babbling as usual

ULTRA MAGA

25-06-2022 03:06
(14401)
Into the Night wrote:Special pleading fallacy.

Nope. Check the pics. People do use heavy equipment to move fallen trees, or they cut them into smaller pieces. I'll buy your argument that they don't when you can support it. In the meantime, people building arks/ships don't cut the beams, once fashioned, into smaller pieces just to move them around.

Into the Night wrote:Wups. People can and do move fallen trees around with nothing but a lever or two.

Not really. If they don't have equipment to move them they cut them into smaller pieces and move the pieces.

Into the Night wrote: You think they used modern tractors to place the stones for the pyramids????!?

Nope. Stones were loaded onto wheeled wagons.

Into the Night wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! There WAS NO METRIC SYSTEM when the Bible was being written!

You seem to be under the impression that God couldn't use any unit of measure he chose. Is that your belief? You acknowledge that God chose Noah to be saved but reject the idea that God could choose how to express lengths/measurements?

I think that's a pretty strange position to have. I say that God prefers cubits. The Bible backs me up.

Into the Night wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No, you cannot make that compositional error fallacy. You won't get away with that!

There is no compositional error.

1) I am assuming God selected Noah for his righteousness, per Genesis 7:1

2) You are presuming Noah was brilliant. Humans do not intuitively know how to build arks/ships, yet you believe Noah would never be confused about any aspect of the project. Your position is not supported by anything in the Bible.

3) You insist that God simply did not help Noah at all, per #2 above. You insist that God would not lift a finger to assist in any way. How do you know this? This notion is not supported in the Bible.

Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:No, it's not. Yes, that's what it means for waters to "prevail", i.e. to rise. The waters rose 15 cubits.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You forget that this passage was originally in Hebrew, and that the origin point (zero) was NEVER SPECIFIED!

I stand corrected. I wrote in haste and made an error. The logical interpretation is 15 cubits from the existing ground level wherever that was, not sea level.

Do you know where that was? The Bible doesn't say.

Into the Night wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! How do you know??????!? Did you actually WEIGH THE ARK?????!?

I don't have to. The Bible tells me in Genesis 7:18 that the ark floated. The Bible tells me in Genesis 7:20 that the waters prevailed 15 cubits.

Apparently, according to the Bible, 15 cubits was sufficient to make the ark float. ... unless you don't trust the Bible.

Into the Night wrote:What makes you think he even HAS an official measuring system???????!?

His strong preference for cubits is what convinced me God has his own NIST going on. When God outsources, he insists on cubits. I'm not one to question why.
Attached image:

Edited on 25-06-2022 03:11
25-06-2022 03:18
(14401)
Swan wrote:You are clueless as usual.

You are delusional, as usual.

Swan wrote: While it is true that Genesis is part of a book,

Nope. Genesis is a book, specifically the book of Genesis.

If you're feeling stupid right now, don't worry, it's totally appropriate.

Swan wrote: it finds nothing necessary to express.

Yes, the book of Genesis has a definite need to express the contents therein.

Swan wrote: See kid only the book's author could do that,

Exactly. The book of Genesis is the word and expression of its author, and needs to express what it needs to express.

Swan wrote:as books do not write themselves.

When the day arrives that your English comprehension surpasses the third-grade level, you will understand that "write" and "express" are not the same word.

But you go on babbling as usual.
25-06-2022 03:35
(14401)
Spongy Iris wrote: You douche bag's have some gall!

Your bile failed to de-liver.

25-06-2022 03:58
(21596)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Special pleading fallacy.

Nope. Check the pics. People do use heavy equipment to move fallen trees, or they cut them into smaller pieces.

Special pleading fallacy AGAIN!
IBdaMann wrote:
I'll buy your argument that they don't when you can support it.

I never said they don't! Pay attention.
IBdaMann wrote:
In the meantime, people building arks/ships don't cut the beams, once fashioned, into smaller pieces just to move them around.

They don't need to.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Wups. People can and do move fallen trees around with nothing but a lever or two.

Not really. If they don't have equipment to move them they cut them into smaller pieces and move the pieces.

Yes. Really. No, they are not cut into smaller pieces to do it.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote: You think they used modern tractors to place the stones for the pyramids????!?

Nope. Stones were loaded onto wheeled wagons.

How do you suppose those stones were lifted onto wheeled wagons????!? Pulleys and rigging? Just shoving on it? Levers? Remember they had no modern equipment!
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! There WAS NO METRIC SYSTEM when the Bible was being written!

You seem to be under the impression that God couldn't use any unit of measure he chose. Is that your belief?

You acknowledge that God chose Noah to be saved but reject the idea that God could choose how to express lengths/measurements?

Word stuffing! I never made that argument! Pay attention.
IBdaMann wrote:
I think that's a pretty strange position to have. I say that God prefers cubits. The Bible backs me up.

So you claim that God only exists in the Bible, when the Bible itself says he exists forever. Gotit.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No, you cannot make that compositional error fallacy. You won't get away with that!

There is no compositional error.

Yes there was. Indeed, it was bigotry. YOU made the assumption that just because someone is righteous they are stupid or illiterate and unskilled. You also made the assumption that just because someone is religious they are stupid or illiterate and unskilled. That's bigotry, dude. There is no other word for it!
IBdaMann wrote:
1) I am assuming God selected Noah for his righteousness, per Genesis 7:1

2) You are presuming Noah was brilliant.

I am assuming nothing. YOU are.
IBdaMann wrote:
Humans do not intuitively know how to build arks/ships,

Oh don't get stupid. There are ship builders everywhere. Yes, it's a learned skill and trade. Even kids build small ships or dams. They learn about basic hydraulics and flotation at a pretty young age.
IBdaMann wrote:
yet you believe Noah would never be confused about any aspect of the project.

No. YOU are insisting that he would be. You are assuming that he would be.
IBdaMann wrote:
Your position is not supported by anything in the Bible.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Doesn't have to be. Your position is not supported by the Bible either!
IBdaMann wrote:
3) You insist that God simply did not help Noah at all, per #2 above. You insist that God would not lift a finger to assist in any way. How do you know this? This notion is not supported in the Bible.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Attempted force of negative proof fallacy! No, YOUR position is not supported in the Bible either!
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:No, it's not. Yes, that's what it means for waters to "prevail", i.e. to rise. The waters rose 15 cubits.

From where? What is zero? This measurement is MEANINGLESS unless you define a point of origin. The moment you do, you are not ASSUMING again, and your position is NOT supported by the bible any more than mine is!

I stand corrected. I wrote in haste and made an error. The logical interpretation is 15 cubits from the existing ground level wherever that was, not sea level. [/quote]
Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism). That is NOT LOGIC. That is pure speculation! It is a circular argument. You are actually attempting to prove a circular argument True.
IBdaMann wrote:
Do you know where that was? The Bible doesn't say.

It doesn't have to. Again, attempted negative proof fallacy!
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! How do you know??????!? Did you actually WEIGH THE ARK?????!?

I don't have to.

Yes you do, to make the statement you just made. The waterline of flotation is depending on the weight of the vessel and the amount of water displaced.

Apparently you have never seen the difference between a loaded cargo ship and an empty one!

IBdaMann wrote:
The Bible tells me in Genesis 7:18 that the ark floated. The Bible tells me in Genesis 7:20 that the waters prevailed 15 cubits.

Apparently, according to the Bible, 15 cubits was sufficient to make the ark float. ... unless you don't trust the Bible.

Cherry picking fallacy! You are AGAIN ignoring scripture IN THE SAME BIBLE that states the mountains were covered. You are ALSO ignoring scripture IN THE SAME BIBLE that states the height of the vessel as well as it's width and length.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:What makes you think he even HAS an official measuring system???????!?

His strong preference for cubits is what convinced me God has his own NIST going on. When God outsources, he insists on cubits. I'm not one to question why.

Again. NOAH used cubits. God simply provided dimensions in Noah's units of measurement. Are you prepared to say that God cannot use inches, or meters, or any other measurement system????!? Are you prepared to say that God is not all powerful, as stated IN THE SAME BIBLE????!?

Are you prepared to say that a common Unix program, called 'units', is MORE POWERFUL THAN GOD??????!?

The Parrot Killer

25-06-2022 04:00
(21596)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:You are clueless as usual.

You are delusional, as usual.

Swan wrote: While it is true that Genesis is part of a book,

Nope. Genesis is a book, specifically the book of Genesis.

If you're feeling stupid right now, don't worry, it's totally appropriate.

Swan wrote: it finds nothing necessary to express.

Yes, the book of Genesis has a definite need to express the contents therein.

Swan wrote: See kid only the book's author could do that,

Exactly. The book of Genesis is the word and expression of its author, and needs to express what it needs to express.

Swan wrote:as books do not write themselves.

When the day arrives that your English comprehension surpasses the third-grade level, you will understand that "write" and "express" are not the same word.

But you go on babbling as usual.

You are correct on all points here. You DO need to be aware, however, that it's a package deal. You cannot just select individual scripture out of Genesis and take it out of context; which is what you have been doing.

The Parrot Killer

Page 1 of 8123>>>

Join the debate "... take care of it." -Genesis 2:15.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
Funny how none of the geniuses here care about climate change anymore3230-07-2022 21:58
America Has The Best Health Care In The World627-12-2018 20:43
"I don't care du u" slop coat323-06-2018 19:13
People who care about climate, is it about loving Earth or is it about their own self interests?625-12-2015 13:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact