Remember me
▼ Content

"... take care of it." -Genesis 2:15.

Page 5 of 8<<<34567>>>
09-07-2022 07:07
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
So you accept the existence of these moraines. Good stuff.
09-07-2022 07:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
duncan61 wrote:
So you accept the existence of these moraines. Good stuff.

That's a rather odd comment but, yes, I accept the existence of observable things.

I accept the existence of empirical evidence.
09-07-2022 08:24
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have no faith in the tree rings showing the past proxy stuff.Tree rings and the weather have been recorded for the last 50 years and the relationship is non existant.Where is the 4000 year old tree?I am still not sure about ice cores.How do you date ice.A factor many alarmists fail to consider is scientists on a grant have to find something.
Edited on 09-07-2022 08:25
09-07-2022 13:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Actually glaciers covering half of the continent acted like bulldozers flattening some mountains and creating others.

Again, how do you imagine that happening? Flowing ice acts the same as flowing water (which it is) and flows around things. The only things that get moved around are those things that are contained within, i.e. buried.

You clearly haven't thought this through ... because you are simply regurgitating what you have been ordered to believe ... and you are OBEYING.

Your requirement to pretend that you are omniscient should have been your red flag that you are being ordered to say really stupid schytt.

Oh, by the way, you are saying some really stupid schytt.

Swan wrote:I ride my bike up and down the glacial moraines

... pretending that you are omniscient, that you can verify unobserved events of the distant past, and imagining the occurrences of those events exactly per the narrative you have been ordered to believe.

You go, Swan! You go!

I would love to see you demonstrate how a 200 gallon solid block of ice could fall on your head and flow around your pea brain like to 200 gallon bucket of liquid water pouring on kids at the water park. Can you give us a demonstration?

Do you have any kids? Did your wife name one after you? or are you just another dead limb on the tree of existence? faking your way from Chlorpromazine dose to Chlorpromazine dose, telling people that the past did not happen because they were not there to see it, begging people to argue with you on the internet because no one will socialize with you in the real World which you will claim is not real because you do not accept any definition of real.

So are you enjoying 6 dollar a gallon gas f---tard?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 09-07-2022 13:24
09-07-2022 19:26
(14389)
Swan wrote:I would love to see you demonstrate how a 200 gallon solid block of ice could fall on your head and flow around your pea brain like to 200 gallon bucket of liquid water pouring on kids at the water park.

I would love to see you demonstrate a glacier comprised of 200-gallon solid blocks of ice that fell from the sky.

You should learn about ice flowing. I know, I know, you would rather have your teeth extracted without anesthesia than learn something ... but I highly encourage you to keep your teeth in your head and to go the learning route, just once.

Swan wrote: Do you have any kids?

I do. They are the best. There are others who claim that their children are the best but they aren't referencing the official rankings.

Swan wrote:Did your wife name one after you?

Well ... my son is IBDaKidd and my daughter's middle name is "Hardstuff."

Swan wrote: or are you just another dead limb on the tree of existence?

Is somebody projecting again?

So how is it that you insist that much of the planet was buried under miles of ice while insisting that it is impossible for it to have been inundated under water?
09-07-2022 20:36
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:I would love to see you demonstrate how a 200 gallon solid block of ice could fall on your head and flow around your pea brain like to 200 gallon bucket of liquid water pouring on kids at the water park.

I would love to see you demonstrate a glacier comprised of 200-gallon solid blocks of ice that fell from the sky.

You should learn about ice flowing. I know, I know, you would rather have your teeth extracted without anesthesia than learn something ... but I highly encourage you to keep your teeth in your head and to go the learning route, just once.

Swan wrote: Do you have any kids?

I do. They are the best. There are others who claim that their children are the best but they aren't referencing the official rankings.

Swan wrote:Did your wife name one after you?

Well ... my son is IBDaKidd and my daughter's middle name is "Hardstuff."

Swan wrote: or are you just another dead limb on the tree of existence?

Is somebody projecting again?

So how is it that you insist that much of the planet was buried under miles of ice while insisting that it is impossible for it to have been inundated under water?

Ice can not flow, it slides as a solid mass mowing down or pushing whatever it encounters.

You are physically and emotionally clueless.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

09-07-2022 21:14
(14389)
Swan wrote:Ice can not flow, it slides as a solid mass mowing down or pushing whatever it encounters.

Then again, you never were able to grasp what "flow" means.

You've posted pics before. Would you mind posting a pic of a glacier pushing something along that is not buried in it? Any such pic will do.

Thanks in advance.
09-07-2022 21:50
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Ice can not flow, it slides as a solid mass mowing down or pushing whatever it encounters.

You've posted pics before. Would you mind posting a pic of a glacier pushing something along that is not buried in it? Any such pic will do.

Thanks in advance.

The evidence of glaciation is just as clear as is your mental illness as you are demanding photos from a time in the past when cameras did not yet exist. You really should get the lobotomy that was recommended

Quaternary and Holocene Deposits of the Coastal Plain
HOLOCENE DEPOSITS - The modern beach and barrier islands around the New York Bight represent reworked sand material that began accumulating during a slow-down in sea level rise that began about 3-4,000 years ago. These modern coastal deposits overlie older Holocene estuary and fluvial sediments deposited behind barriers during a period ranging from 12,000 to about 7,000 years ago when sea level was lower. (These old barrier deposits are partially eroded and/or buried by younger sediments and exist anywhere from 2 to 20 kilometers seaward of the current shoreline). These ancient barriers are currently supplying sediment to offshore sand ridges on the continental shelf. Sand along the Hudson River and on Staten Island displays an abundance of angular feldspar and lithic fragments indicative of fluvial sedimentation in the harbor region when sea level was lower. Modern anthropogenic sediments and human activity has modified nearly all coastal and nearshore marine sedimentary environments.

WISCONSIN GLACIAL TILL - Wisconsin glacial deposits are apparent everywhere on Long Island, across northern Staten Island and throughout northern New Jersey. Glacial till consists of an unstratified mix of clay, silt and sand within a mix of rock material ranging from pebbles to giant boulders (derived from all rock source areas all the way from Manhattan to Central Quebec). On Long Island the terminal moraine is represented by two ridges that extend the length of the island: the southern, older Ronconcoma moraine and the northern, younger Harbor Hill moraine along the Sound. The terminal moraine extends across central New Jersey along a sinuous line from the vicinity of Perth Amboy to just south of the Delaware Water Gap on the western side of the state. Outwash sand and gravel deposits (altered by soil-forming processes) cover much of southern Long Island, southern Staten Island and areas south of the terminal moraine in New Jersey, particularly along the lower Delaware River Valley. Varved lake clays and swamp peat cover areas flooded by lakes that formed in lowland regions north of the terminal moraines shortly after the glaciers receded.

GARDENERS CLAY - This poorly consolidated clay underlies Wisconsin Age glacial deposits throughout southern Long Island, and it has been interpreted as occurring beneath the modern barrier spit of Sandy Hook. The Gardeners Clay contains a rich estuarine fauna with abundant foraminifera. Many of the fossils found on area beaches are probably derived from the Gardeners Clay or equivalent strata. The unit probably represents high-standing seas between advances of the latest Pleistocene (Wisconsin) glacier.

COLUMBIANA GROUP (early to late Quaternary) consists of three named units: the Pensauken; Bridgetown; and Cape May formations (oldest to youngest, respectively). Each represents different depositional environments throughout the region: the Pensauken and Bridgetown Formations are the result of glacial outwash and interglacial stade fluvial sediments preserved in stream terrace deposits (primarily along the "saddle" west of the Atlantic Highlands between Raritan Bay and the Delaware River Valley). The Cape May represents coastal plain deposits along the southern and eastern shores of New Jersey. The correlation of these terrestrial deposits with offshore areas are poorly resolved..

CAPE MAY FORMATION - (Late Pleistocene to Holocene) - The Cape May formation consists of surficial silts, sand and quartz-rich gravels along the coastal region of New Jersey; it represents coastal barrier and beach ridge sand and back bay estuarine deposits. The source of the clastic material is mostly from the Delaware River drainage supplemented by shelf sands and longshore drift from the Mid-Atlantic region. The progressive reworking of Cape May deposits is the source of much sand on beaches along the New Jersey coast.

PENSAUKEN FORMATION - (Late Pleistocene) - Wisconsin till unconformably overlies this unit that crops out along a trend from Staten Island to Trenton, NJ and southward along the Delaware River Valley. The unit consist of mixed detritus (eroded from older glacial material and exposed Coastal Plain formations), deposited in fluvial flood plain environments. The existence of the Pensauken Formation suggests that, for a time, the major drainage from the pre-Wisconsin glaciers was southward from the New York area toward Trenton into the lower Delaware River basin. Pedogenic weathering of the sediments suggests that it was deposited, in part, during a warm interglacial period. In the Raritan Bay area, the Pensauken Formation is equivalent to terrace gravel deposits between around 30 to about 60 feet above modern sea level. These terrace deposits contain an abundance of orange-to-brown iron-stained quartz pebbles in heavily weathered sediments that have endured long-term subaerial weathering.

BRIDGETOWN FORMATION - (Early Pleistocene) - This formation is limited to the terrace deposits along the Delaware River Valley. The precise age of the Bridgetown Formation is unclear, however, it consists of a deeply weathered mix of silt, sand, and gravel, representing fluvial environments. The Bridgetown probably signifies sedimentation during an earlier, pre-Wisconsin interglacial stade.

Now take your pills, because their are no 10 to 20 thousand year old photos.

Sheesh

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 09-07-2022 21:57
09-07-2022 21:55
(14389)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Thanks in advance.

[deleted: long post containing lots of text distracting attention away from the lack of any pics of glaciers pushing objects along that are not buried within]

Oooops.

Would you care to try again? Any pic will do.
09-07-2022 22:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Thanks in advance.

[deleted: long post containing lots of text distracting attention away from the lack of any pics of glaciers pushing objects along that are not buried within]

Oooops.

Would you care to try again? Any pic will do.

Again you are demanding 10,000 to 20,000 year old photos that do not exist. That said here is a photo taken from the mountain that the glacial maximum deposited in NJ.

https://www.monmouthcountyparks.com/page.aspx?Id=2534

Your claim is that the mountain is obviously not real nor is it the highest point on the east coast south of nova scotia, but it is both.

However it is to no avail because you are still a lonely fat deluded moron, now stuff yer face with another fat burger

ULTRA MAGA

10-07-2022 00:49
(14389)
Swan wrote:Again you are demanding 10,000 to 20,000 year old photos that do not exist.

I apologize for forgetting that you don't read very well.

I requested contemporary photos showing a glacier pushing objects along that were not buried within. Although I thought I was clear, I neglected to take you into account.

So, any pic of things being pushed along by a glacier will do.

Cheers.
10-07-2022 01:15
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Moraines were never under ice,

You are a moron. It's that simple. Too funny!

Swan wrote: they were pushed into position by the ice.

Way too funny! How do you imagine that happening if they were not under flowing ice that moved them around?

I'll presume that you believe the cracks opened up in the ground and ice prevailed from the earth, lifting the rocks which were on top from underneath ... while insisting that no cracks ever opened up in the ground from which water prevailed to flood the land.

Too funny! You go, Swan! You go!

Actually glaciers covering half of the continent acted like bulldozers flattening some mountains and creating others.

I ride my bike up and down the glacial moraines left in my county that define the most southerly point of the glacial maximum in my state.

Feel free to follow, in your KIA

You are also allowed under the rules to call your mommy for help

Burp

What glaciers that covered half the continent??? How do you know glaciers covered half the continent? Which continent???

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-07-2022 02:27
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Again you are demanding 10,000 to 20,000 year old photos that do not exist.

I requested contemporary photos showing a glacier pushing objects along that were not buried within. Although I thought I was clear, I neglected to take you into account.

Cheers.

You are the moron who does not understand that glaciers are in retreat not formation nor are they currently moving mountains as they once did. If you do not exercise some intelligence I am going to conclude that you actually might be working for the FBI as few are as dumb as you.

20,000 years ago there were no cameras silly.

You are the case for legal abortions.

CIAO

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 10-07-2022 02:29
10-07-2022 10:31
(21582)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Cheers.

You are the moron who does not understand that glaciers are in retreat not formation nor are they currently moving mountains as they once did. If you do not exercise some intelligence I am going to conclude that you actually might be working for the FBI as few are as dumb as you.

CIAO

So you bring up some picture some twit painted in their imagination as proof?????????!?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-07-2022 12:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Cheers.

CIAO

So you bring up some picture some twit painted in their imagination as proof?????????!?

Actually I do not need to submit proof of anything.

Are you always so confused?

LOL, ass-holes are amusing when they toot like you.

ULTRA MAGA

10-07-2022 12:58
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Is that picture last year when it froze in Texas?
10-07-2022 13:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
duncan61 wrote:

You can search the picture if you choose. If you need instructions I may be able to help for a small fee.

ULTRA MAGA

11-07-2022 23:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
Swan wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

You can search the picture if you choose. If you need instructions I may be able to help for a small fee.

Well so much for the ark and the fake climate change board as well.

ULTRA MAGA

12-07-2022 23:05
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Cheers.

CIAO

So you admit you are preaching a religion. Gotit.

The Parrot Killer

12-07-2022 23:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Cheers.

CIAO

So in your mind the mountains that I ride my bike over are a religion instead of geological features, because you were not there to see the mountains form.

Again take your medications as the doctor prescribed, all of them, take with grain alcohol

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 13-07-2022 00:40
13-07-2022 07:11
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Cheers.

CIAO

So in your mind the mountains that I ride my bike over are a religion instead of geological features, because you were not there to see the mountains form.

Again take your medications as the doctor prescribed, all of them, take with grain alcohol

Random statements. No apparent coherency. Try again.

The Parrot Killer

13-07-2022 08:06
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
TrueCompanion used to promote the email quadjoseph@aol.com. Now mushmouse does.

I bring this up because TrueCompanion said there was a time when there was no seasons.

https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/please-serious-inquires-only--d6-e3932.php#post_79279

If there was no seasons, that means there was no tilt in the Earth's axis.

Applicable to this ice age debate, if there was no tilt in the Earth's axis, all the land, above and below maybe 40 degrees north and south latitudes, would have always been frozen.

Can't find anywhere else other than TrueCompanion's thread where it is said there was a time when there were no seasons.

13-07-2022 10:55
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Swann wrote
I understand exactly what he is making a point of.Why are you struggling ITN.Biden was elected and the first week he stopped extending the Keystone pipeline that would of supplied Canadian oil to USA refineries.Now oil supplies are low and he has gone cap in hand to Saudi Arabia to try to get oil and told the refineries to increase production.It would be funny if it was not so serious.Today I paid $2.39/Litre for standard petrol.It is the first time I have not just filled the car up and I stopped when it hit $50 instead.Its working as I now will not do plumbing work that is more than 10Km from my front door
13-07-2022 13:05
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
duncan61 wrote:
Swann wrote
I understand exactly what he is making a point of.Why are you struggling ITN.Biden was elected and the first week he stopped extending the Keystone pipeline that would of supplied Canadian oil to USA refineries.Now oil supplies are low and he has gone cap in hand to Saudi Arabia to try to get oil and told the refineries to increase production.It would be funny if it was not so serious.Today I paid $2.39/Litre for standard petrol.It is the first time I have not just filled the car up and I stopped when it hit $50 instead.Its working as I now will not do plumbing work that is more than 10Km from my front door

Joe Xiden did not cancel the Keystone pipeline because he does not know what this is, all Xiden does is to sign on the line where he is told to sign as any trained monkey could do. Not even sure why Canada as a country is too stupid to refine their own oil, however apparently they are. Just another fake crisis, like the abortion issue that was created to hide the real media story that toddlers are getting the adenovirus then dying of complete liver failure because they were exposed to vaccinated adults or were vaccinated themselves, when that story gets out Fauci gets all his skin ripped off, as I film and giggle.

But no matter, the FBI will help hide the truth as kids die and families SUFFER.

Real Americans 4 sure

ULTRA MAGA

13-07-2022 13:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Cheers.

CIAO

Random statements. No apparent coherency. Try again.

ULTRA MAGA

14-07-2022 01:39
(14389)
Swan wrote:You are the moron who does not understand that glaciers are in retreat not formation

What religion is this you're spouting?

NEWS | June 18, 2019
Jakobshavn Glacier Grows for Third Straight Year

Swan wrote:nor are they currently moving mountains as they once did.

Who says that glaciers ever moved any mountains? Glaciers flow around mountains and, perhaps, erode them a little.

Oh wait! You claim that glaciers "push things along" because you've watched it happen so much over the many millennia. You can also "read" it from the moraines who "talk to you."

Swan wrote:20,000 years ago there were no cameras silly.

Too funny. I realize that you have no English reading proficiency so I should not have expected you to know what "contemporary" means and what "contemporary photos" are.

My bad, or in other words "It was a bad call, Ripley, it was a bad call."
Attached image:

14-07-2022 01:55
(14389)
Swan wrote:You are the moron who does not understand that glaciers are in retreat not formation

https://strangesounds.org/2019/06/glacier-national-park-glaciers-growing.html

Glacier National Park Glaciers Are Actually Growing – Officials Quietly Remove All 'Glaciers Will Be Gone By 2020' Signs
Jun 8, 2019

Glaciers appear to be growing, not melting in recent years at Glacier National Park.
Officials at Glacier National Park (GNP) have begun quietly removing and altering signs and government literature which told visitors that the Park's glaciers were all expected to disappear by either 2020 or 2030.

Glacier National Park quietly removes its 'Gone by 2020' signs which stated glaciers were disappearing – because they're actually growing. Picture: U.S. National Park Service via Wikipedia

Famous glaciers appear to have been growing

Teams from Lysander Spooner University visiting the Park each September have noted that GNP's most famous glaciers such as the Grinnell Glacier and the Jackson Glacier appear to have been growing – not shrinking-since about 2010.

The centerpiece of the visitor center at St. Mary near the east boundary is a large three-dimensional diorama showing lights going out as the glaciers disappear.

Attached image:

14-07-2022 02:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:

What religion is this you're spouting?

NEWS | June 18, 2019
Jakobshavn Glacier Grows for Third Straight Year

Swan wrote:nor are they currently moving mountains as they once did.

Who says that glaciers ever moved any mountains? Glaciers flow around mountains and, perhaps, erode them a little.

Oh wait! You claim that glaciers "push things along" because you've watched it happen so much over the many millennia. You can also "read" it from the moraines who "talk to you."

Swan wrote:20,000 years ago there were no cameras silly.

Too funny. I realize that you have no English reading proficiency so I should not have expected you to know what "contemporary" means and what "contemporary photos" are.

My bad, or in other words "It was a bad call, Ripley, it was a bad call."

LOL Jill Xiden is calling Mexicans tacos and you want to waste time on glaciers that have been melting for 20,000 years that everyone knows about?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/13/jill-biden-criticized-latino-americans-remark

Jill Biden has apologized for remarks in a speech to the civil rights and advocacy organization UnidosUS in which she likened the diversity of Latino Americans to breakfast tacos.

Speaking in Texas on Monday, the first lady said: "The diversity of this community – as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio, is your strength."

Amid condemnation of the statement and her mispronunciation of the word "bodegas", the National Association of Hispanic Journalists said: "We are not tacos. Our heritage as Latinos is shaped by various diasporas, cultures and food traditions. Do not reduce us to stereotypes."

I never knew that Jill Xiden was so smart. Are you a breakfast taco? Do you have any friends that are breakfast taco's?

Gotta love idiots

ULTRA MAGA

14-07-2022 02:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:

https://strangesounds.org/2019/06/glacier-national-park-glaciers-growing.html

Glacier National Park Glaciers Are Actually Growing – Officials Quietly Remove All 'Glaciers Will Be Gone By 2020' Signs
Jun 8, 2019

Glaciers appear to be growing, not melting in recent years at Glacier National Park.
Officials at Glacier National Park (GNP) have begun quietly removing and altering signs and government literature which told visitors that the Park's glaciers were all expected to disappear by either 2020 or 2030.

Glacier National Park quietly removes its 'Gone by 2020' signs which stated glaciers were disappearing – because they're actually growing. Picture: U.S. National Park Service via Wikipedia

Famous glaciers appear to have been growing

Teams from Lysander Spooner University visiting the Park each September have noted that GNP's most famous glaciers such as the Grinnell Glacier and the Jackson Glacier appear to have been growing – not shrinking-since about 2010.

The centerpiece of the visitor center at St. Mary near the east boundary is a large three-dimensional diorama showing lights going out as the glaciers disappear.

Again idiot 20,000 years ago half the USA was covered in glaciers, as it was for millions of years before that. Proving climate change very real, which you now agree too because your new claim is that glaciation is increasing.

See now you see it my way as I always knew that you would

ULTRA MAGA

14-07-2022 02:55
(14389)
Swan wrote:Again idiot 20,000 years ago half the USA was covered in glaciers,

Possibly. Why should any rational adult believe that it was 20,000 years ago? Why should any rational adult believe that half of the USA was covered in glaciers?

Are you under the impression that your regurgitations of others who do your thinking for you is sufficient?

Attached image:

14-07-2022 03:07
(14389)
Swan wrote:Ice can not flow

Traleika Glacier is Surging Again After 60 years. Is the Muldrow Glacier Next?

The Muldrow Glacier cascades down a northern slope of Denali in view of visitors to Wonder Lake. While high in the mountains hides the Traleika Glacier, a tributary of the Muldrow. These iconic glaciers are known for their surging behavior. This behavior is a glacier's capacity to speed up and flow faster during an "active phase" before slowing down to a normal speed during a rest or "quiescent phase". These phases vary from surging glacier to surging glacier. An active phase can last for a few months to a few years while a quiescent phase can last decades.

Surging is not common, but Traleika and Muldrow are among several glaciers in the Alaska Range that do so. The reasons that some glaciers surge and others don't is only partly understood. In this case, it is likely because the Traleika and the Muldrow flow over the shattered, weak rocks of the Denali Fault.

A surging glacier may give the impression that it is expanding, but surging does not involve a significant change in the mass or volume of a glacier. Instead, surging is a change in the shape of the glacier. The change involves the rapid movement of ice from higher elevations of the glacier down towards the lower elevations. While this motion is occurring, several phenomena are evident:

Rapid surface acceleration
Greater than normal generation of crevasses and seracs
A wave of thick ice that progresses downglacier until the completion of the surge

Once the surge finishes, repeat surveys show that the upper glacier has thinned, while the lower glacier has thickened.

repeat photos of the traleika glacier shows a significant difference over the course of a year
Repeat photos of the Traleika Glacier show evidence that the glacier ice has thickened (the surface is higher, relative to the bedrock, than it was a year before) and also become more broken up with crevasses and seracs. For reference, the red box in each picture highlights the same dark rock.
The Muldrow Glacier last surged in 1956-1957. Observers of the event believed it was initiated by an earlier surge on the Muldrow's largest tributary, the Traleika Glacier. Glaciologist, Will Harrison, has speculated, based on an analysis of debris patterns on the glacier surface, that the Traleika/Muldrow system surges every 50 years or so. If he is right, we are due for another surge.

Our eyes and cameras are the traditional tools for detecting change. To the naked eye a surge appears as a zone of broken, crevassed ice sitting higher in the valley than it once did. During a Glaciologists made such an observation during a recent (September 2016) visit to Traleika Glacier. The area when compared with a similar photo from the year before, shows the Traleika Glacier has thickened and grown more crevassed.
14-07-2022 04:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Ice can not flow

Traleika Glacier is Surging Again After 60 years. Is the Muldrow Glacier Next?

The Muldrow Glacier cascades down a northern slope of Denali in view of visitors to Wonder Lake. While high in the mountains hides the Traleika Glacier, a tributary of the Muldrow. These iconic glaciers are known for their surging behavior. This behavior is a glacier's capacity to speed up and flow faster during an "active phase" before slowing down to a normal speed during a rest or "quiescent phase". These phases vary from surging glacier to surging glacier. An active phase can last for a few months to a few years while a quiescent phase can last decades.

Surging is not common, but Traleika and Muldrow are among several glaciers in the Alaska Range that do so. The reasons that some glaciers surge and others don't is only partly understood. In this case, it is likely because the Traleika and the Muldrow flow over the shattered, weak rocks of the Denali Fault.

A surging glacier may give the impression that it is expanding, but surging does not involve a significant change in the mass or volume of a glacier. Instead, surging is a change in the shape of the glacier. The change involves the rapid movement of ice from higher elevations of the glacier down towards the lower elevations. While this motion is occurring, several phenomena are evident:

Rapid surface acceleration
Greater than normal generation of crevasses and seracs
A wave of thick ice that progresses downglacier until the completion of the surge

Once the surge finishes, repeat surveys show that the upper glacier has thinned, while the lower glacier has thickened.

repeat photos of the traleika glacier shows a significant difference over the course of a year
Repeat photos of the Traleika Glacier show evidence that the glacier ice has thickened (the surface is higher, relative to the bedrock, than it was a year before) and also become more broken up with crevasses and seracs. For reference, the red box in each picture highlights the same dark rock.
The Muldrow Glacier last surged in 1956-1957. Observers of the event believed it was initiated by an earlier surge on the Muldrow's largest tributary, the Traleika Glacier. Glaciologist, Will Harrison, has speculated, based on an analysis of debris patterns on the glacier surface, that the Traleika/Muldrow system surges every 50 years or so. If he is right, we are due for another surge.

Our eyes and cameras are the traditional tools for detecting change. To the naked eye a surge appears as a zone of broken, crevassed ice sitting higher in the valley than it once did. During a Glaciologists made such an observation during a recent (September 2016) visit to Traleika Glacier. The area when compared with a similar photo from the year before, shows the Traleika Glacier has thickened and grown more crevassed.

Coming from the fool who does not believe that the Earth has a climate, that is very profound, but wait wouldn't increased glaciation mean a cooling climate? Nope not to you because you have already declared that the Earth as said has no climate.

Yawn

ULTRA MAGA

14-07-2022 05:04
(14389)
Swan wrote:Coming from the fool who does not believe that the Earth has a climate,

I did not write the article and I recognize that the earth has millions of climates. You are the one who believes there is a contradictory "global" climate that cannot be unambiguously defined because you know there is no such thing.

Swan wrote: wouldn't increased glaciation mean a cooling climate?

That depends. What is your unambiguous definition of the global Climate? Oh, that's right, you don't really believe there is such a thing, but the moment you do, you'll provide an unambiguous definition. I totally get it.

Yawn. LOL. ROTFYawning.

ICELANDIC GLACIERS ARE EXPANDING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN DECADES — GRAND SOLAR MINIMUM
DECEMBER 6, 2018

According to researchers from the University of Iceland, ALL Icelandic glaciers are projected to expand this year, making it the first time the glaciers wouldn't have shrunk year-on-year in a quarter of a century.

The researchers were shocked by the discovery that all of Iceland's glaciers, including Vatnajökull, Langjökull, Hofsjökull and Mýrdalsjökull, have expanded in the last twelve months, from autumn to autumn. With Mýrdalsjökull showing a really "significant addition of ice this year."
14-07-2022 09:11
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have a high level of confidence that the people who wish AGW/CC to be true will find a way to explain this situation of expanding glaciers.It can not possibly be cyclical it has to be mans fault
14-07-2022 13:49
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
duncan61 wrote:
I have a high level of confidence that the people who wish AGW/CC to be true will find a way to explain this situation of expanding glaciers.It can not possibly be cyclical it has to be mans fault

They already have explained it as the massive warming is causing more snow. The sad thing is that idiots believe just like the morons commenting on this page believe that hacking a hacker is legal.

Morons are everywhere

https://www.youtube.com/c/ScammerPayback/featured

ULTRA MAGA

14-07-2022 13:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Coming from the fool who does not believe that the Earth has a climate,

I did not write the article and I recognize that the earth has millions of climates. You are the one who believes there is a contradictory "global" climate that cannot be unambiguously defined because you know there is no such thing.

Swan wrote: wouldn't increased glaciation mean a cooling climate?

That depends. What is your unambiguous definition of the global Climate? Oh, that's right, you don't really believe there is such a thing, but the moment you do, you'll provide an unambiguous definition. I totally get it.

Yawn. LOL. ROTFYawning.

ICELANDIC GLACIERS ARE EXPANDING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN DECADES — GRAND SOLAR MINIMUM
DECEMBER 6, 2018

According to researchers from the University of Iceland, ALL Icelandic glaciers are projected to expand this year, making it the first time the glaciers wouldn't have shrunk year-on-year in a quarter of a century.

The researchers were shocked by the discovery that all of Iceland's glaciers, including Vatnajökull, Langjökull, Hofsjökull and Mýrdalsjökull, have expanded in the last twelve months, from autumn to autumn. With Mýrdalsjökull showing a really "significant addition of ice this year."

LOL, actually when glaciers expand a few or even a few hundred feet after contracting 900 miles there is no real expansion. Again NY was once 100 percent covered by a single glacier

ULTRA MAGA

14-07-2022 16:22
(14389)
Swan wrote:Again NY was once 100 percent covered by a single glacier

... and you were there to see it. I get it.

When was this the case, by the way? Why should any rational adult who doesn't talk to his eggplants believe this?

Glaciers Growing on Mt. Shasta
Saturday, 10 September 2011 23:16 GFP Columnist - Robert Felix

Record snowfall to spur even more growth - Although the media has done a great job of covering this up, the inconvenient fact is that all seven glaciers on California's Mount Shasta are growing. This includes Whitney Glacier, the state's largest.

Yes, growing. Not melting.

Not only are Mt. Shasta's glaciers growing, two have nearly doubled in size.

Both the Hotlum and Wintun Glaciers have nearly doubled in size since 1950, says this article on Wikipedia. The Bolam Glacier has increased by half, while the Whitney and Konwakiton Glaciers have grown by a third.

Scientists first became aware of these growing California glaciers in 2002, and I began writing about them in 2003. Now, eight years later, most media outlets still refuse to acknowledge that these glaciers are growing.

After this year's record snowfall, it will become harder to continue the deception.
14-07-2022 19:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Again NY was once 100 percent covered by a single glacier

... and you were there to see it. I get it.

When was this the case, by the way? Why should any rational adult who doesn't talk to his eggplants believe this?

Glaciers Growing on Mt. Shasta
Saturday, 10 September 2011 23:16 GFP Columnist - Robert Felix

Record snowfall to spur even more growth - Although the media has done a great job of covering this up, the inconvenient fact is that all seven glaciers on California's Mount Shasta are growing. This includes Whitney Glacier, the state's largest.

Yes, growing. Not melting.

Not only are Mt. Shasta's glaciers growing, two have nearly doubled in size.

Both the Hotlum and Wintun Glaciers have nearly doubled in size since 1950, says this article on Wikipedia. The Bolam Glacier has increased by half, while the Whitney and Konwakiton Glaciers have grown by a third.

Scientists first became aware of these growing California glaciers in 2002, and I began writing about them in 2003. Now, eight years later, most media outlets still refuse to acknowledge that these glaciers are growing.

After this year's record snowfall, it will become harder to continue the deception.

Says the moron who claims that both covid and cancer have never killed anyone, and that nothing that he did not see happen can be real.

PS In addition to eggplants I also have 15 varieties of tomatoes 10 types of peppers and two types of corn, 3 types of squash and cucumbers in addition to carrots broccoli brussels sprouts and two types of parsley. Since you and don vito are so interested

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 14-07-2022 19:56
14-07-2022 20:07
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
I have no faith in the tree rings showing the past proxy stuff.Tree rings and the weather have been recorded for the last 50 years and the relationship is non existant.Where is the 4000 year old tree?I am still not sure about ice cores.How do you date ice.A factor many alarmists fail to consider is scientists on a grant have to find something.

Ice cores do not measure temperature.

The Parrot Killer

14-07-2022 20:08
(21582)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Actually glaciers covering half of the continent acted like bulldozers flattening some mountains and creating others.

Again, how do you imagine that happening? Flowing ice acts the same as flowing water (which it is) and flows around things. The only things that get moved around are those things that are contained within, i.e. buried.

You clearly haven't thought this through ... because you are simply regurgitating what you have been ordered to believe ... and you are OBEYING.

Your requirement to pretend that you are omniscient should have been your red flag that you are being ordered to say really stupid schytt.

Oh, by the way, you are saying some really stupid schytt.

Swan wrote:I ride my bike up and down the glacial moraines

... pretending that you are omniscient, that you can verify unobserved events of the distant past, and imagining the occurrences of those events exactly per the narrative you have been ordered to believe.

You go, Swan! You go!

I would love to see you demonstrate how a 200 gallon solid block of ice could fall on your head and flow around your pea brain like to 200 gallon bucket of liquid water pouring on kids at the water park. Can you give us a demonstration?

Do you have any kids? Did your wife name one after you? or are you just another dead limb on the tree of existence? faking your way from Chlorpromazine dose to Chlorpromazine dose, telling people that the past did not happen because they were not there to see it, begging people to argue with you on the internet because no one will socialize with you in the real World which you will claim is not real because you do not accept any definition of real.

So are you enjoying 6 dollar a gallon gas f---tard?

Random statements. No apparent coherency. Trolling. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

Page 5 of 8<<<34567>>>

Join the debate "... take care of it." -Genesis 2:15.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
Funny how none of the geniuses here care about climate change anymore3230-07-2022 21:58
America Has The Best Health Care In The World627-12-2018 20:43
"I don't care du u" slop coat323-06-2018 19:13
People who care about climate, is it about loving Earth or is it about their own self interests?625-12-2015 13:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact