Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
How would "waters" prevailing upward only 15 cubits cause water levels to rise above all the mountains under Heaven?

The 15 cubits is probably the draft of the Ark, not height above present sea level.

Are you saying wind current is what lifted the ark 15 cubits?

I'll mention it to you as well. Any occurrences of the words "mountain" or "mount" in the Bible are likely gross mistranslations or, at the very least, poor word choices and should definitely be set aside until the rest of the account is understood without those words, and then proper meaning being assigned to those words.

It sounds like you accept that all the tallest trees were covered, correct? You acknowledge that the ark was "lifted off the earth," correct?

What is gained (storywise) by involving orders of magnitude additional water? Why is this somehow more important than understanding a proper translation?

If I haven't made it clear in my last 1100 posts in this forum, my position is that solar and lunar winds ("waters") came flooding through a hole in Heaven, which was shattered because too much pressure built up on Earth, because too much CO2 had been emitted, around what are today the borders of Lybia, Egypt, and Sudan. These "flood waters" incinerated all life on land, most in the sea, and covered all the hills and mountains. Whatever "gopher wood" is, it shielded what was inside the ark. The solar and lunar winds lifted the ark 15 cubits.

Genesis 8
8. Then he sent out a dove to see if the water had receded from the surface of the ground.

9. But the dove could find nowhere to perch because there was water over all the surface of the earth.

Why solar wind and not ketchup or something of that nature??

Actually dumbass a dove is not in any way capable of circumnavigating the globe, so the story is BS.

You may continue masturbating

It doesn't say the dove checked the entire earth, dumbass. It says the dove found no place to land because water was over (that means above) all the surface of the earth.

I could say you couldn't find a parking place because they were all occupied, but that doesn't mean you checked all parking spots on the entire parking lot.

You continue your 3rd grade reading lesson. You'll get there.

Retard alert.

1. There was no dove as the story is the equivalent of little red riding hood, a fable, not real.

2. If there was a dove it could not have checked any more than .000001 percent of the Earths surface, and as such could have not said that there was no land, not that doves can converse with people anyway. However refer back to #1

3. How would the dove know which way to fly to find land anyway if there was land there to be found? However refer back to #1

4. If the dove did find land, and it returned, how would it give the nautical coordinates to follow? Like would it say turn left at the next wave and then go East for 700 wing flaps? However refer back to #1

5. This concludes this test of the Emergency Retard Alert system, if this had been a real retard alert further instructions would have been given.

You belong to the Church of No God. Fine. You feel you need to ridicule any other religion except yours. That just fundamentalism and hate.

It is also obvious you have not read this passage in the Bible. The dove was sent out for several days, when it came back with an olive twig, Noah knew the Flood was nearly over.

The Ark had no engines. It probably had no motive power at all (not even a sail) and no way to steer. Why should it? Where would it go? What nautical coordinate system would it have used??? How do know the Ark even had a compass?? Why would it need it???

Sorry kid doves are not seabirds that can land in the water, they are land birds period so they do not fly over water for days. It is obvious that you are clueless.

Now on to the math of this fake flood, Mount Everest is and was at the time over 29,000 feet tall, meaning that if it was covered with water that sea level was over 29,000 feet higher than today, over the entire globe. LOL where did this water drain into?

Retard alert

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, but later on He became too stupid to figure out where to drain a little water.

So you have no idea where 29000 feet of water drained too, and naturally you have no real need to think because you can just babble that god did it. Do you have any idea why such a great god made you an idiot with no life who babbles about noah when it has no meaning to any of your obvious issues?

What does Scully say?

Are you going to ask me how Jesus fed 5,000 on a couple fish and 5 loaves of bread?

Are you going to ask how he made blind men see? How he turned water to wine? How he was resurrected to life after being tortured and killed?

Dude, its religion. It's faith. You can't prove it true or false. Either you accept God and His words, or you reject it. It's a personal choice everyone must make.

To sqabble over if the flood actually happened because a dove cannot fly 25,000 miles is a waste of bandwidth.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
28-06-2022 03:32
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:

Satan, evil as he is, provides a valuable purpose: To give Man the opportunity to choose for Himself, to follow Christ and God, which counsels choice, or choose to follow Satan and his teachings of compulsion.

If we do not know cold, how can we understand hot? If we do not know evil, how can we understand good?

Cliche. Nobody is making an informed choice just based on Bible scriptures about God and Satan.

28-06-2022 03:44
(1643)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Are you going to ask me how Jesus fed 5,000 on a couple fish and 5 loaves of bread?

Are you going to ask how he made blind men see? How he turned water to wine? How he was resurrected to life after being tortured and killed?

Dude, its religion. It's faith. You can't prove it true or false. Either you accept God and His words, or you reject it. It's a personal choice everyone must make.

To sqabble over if the flood actually happened because a dove cannot fly 25,000 miles is a waste of bandwidth.

It's all riddles man. You can't take any of it at face value without appearing foolish.

He made farms.

He got rich.

They stopped jacking off.

He stopped jacking off, then, the Roman sex junkies made him appear hypocritical, when they captured and subjected him to a sex ritual called crucifixion. This was the last temptation of Christ.

28-06-2022 03:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Swan wrote:
Sorry kid doves are not seabirds that can land in the water,

Never said doves were seabirds. The routinely fly over large stretches of water though.
HarveyH55 wrote:
they are land birds period so they do not fly over water for days.

No one said they did.
HarveyH55 wrote:
It is obvious that you are clueless.

That would be you, since you apparently have no clue what people posted.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Now on to the math of this fake flood,

What math?
HarveyH55 wrote:
Mount Everest is and was at the time over 29,000 feet tall,

How do you know? Were you there?
HarveyH55 wrote:
meaning that if it was covered with water that sea level was over 29,000 feet higher than today, over the entire globe. LOL where did this water drain into?

I already asked this question. So far no answer.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Retard alert

Not an answer. Insulting people is not an answer.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
28-06-2022 03:55
(21597)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
How would "waters" prevailing upward only 15 cubits cause water levels to rise above all the mountains under Heaven?

The 15 cubits is probably the draft of the Ark, not height above present sea level.

Are you saying wind current is what lifted the ark 15 cubits?

I'll mention it to you as well. Any occurrences of the words "mountain" or "mount" in the Bible are likely gross mistranslations or, at the very least, poor word choices and should definitely be set aside until the rest of the account is understood without those words, and then proper meaning being assigned to those words.

It sounds like you accept that all the tallest trees were covered, correct? You acknowledge that the ark was "lifted off the earth," correct?

What is gained (storywise) by involving orders of magnitude additional water? Why is this somehow more important than understanding a proper translation?

If I haven't made it clear in my last 1100 posts in this forum, my position is that solar and lunar winds ("waters") came flooding through a hole in Heaven, which was shattered because too much pressure built up on Earth, because too much CO2 had been emitted, around what are today the borders of Lybia, Egypt, and Sudan. These "flood waters" incinerated all life on land, most in the sea, and covered all the hills and mountains. Whatever "gopher wood" is, it shielded what was inside the ark. The solar and lunar winds lifted the ark 15 cubits.

Genesis 8
8. Then he sent out a dove to see if the water had receded from the surface of the ground.

9. But the dove could find nowhere to perch because there was water over all the surface of the earth.

Why solar wind and not ketchup or something of that nature??

Actually dumbass a dove is not in any way capable of circumnavigating the globe, so the story is BS.

You may continue masturbating

It doesn't say the dove checked the entire earth, dumbass. It says the dove found no place to land because water was over (that means above) all the surface of the earth.

I could say you couldn't find a parking place because they were all occupied, but that doesn't mean you checked all parking spots on the entire parking lot.

You continue your 3rd grade reading lesson. You'll get there.

Retard alert.

1. There was no dove as the story is the equivalent of little red riding hood, a fable, not real.

2. If there was a dove it could not have checked any more than .000001 percent of the Earths surface, and as such could have not said that there was no land, not that doves can converse with people anyway. However refer back to #1

3. How would the dove know which way to fly to find land anyway if there was land there to be found? However refer back to #1

4. If the dove did find land, and it returned, how would it give the nautical coordinates to follow? Like would it say turn left at the next wave and then go East for 700 wing flaps? However refer back to #1

5. This concludes this test of the Emergency Retard Alert system, if this had been a real retard alert further instructions would have been given.

You belong to the Church of No God. Fine. You feel you need to ridicule any other religion except yours. That just fundamentalism and hate.

It is also obvious you have not read this passage in the Bible. The dove was sent out for several days, when it came back with an olive twig, Noah knew the Flood was nearly over.

The Ark had no engines. It probably had no motive power at all (not even a sail) and no way to steer. Why should it? Where would it go? What nautical coordinate system would it have used??? How do know the Ark even had a compass?? Why would it need it???

Sorry kid doves are not seabirds that can land in the water, they are land birds period so they do not fly over water for days. It is obvious that you are clueless.

Now on to the math of this fake flood, Mount Everest is and was at the time over 29,000 feet tall, meaning that if it was covered with water that sea level was over 29,000 feet higher than today, over the entire globe. LOL where did this water drain into?

Retard alert

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, but later on He became too stupid to figure out where to drain a little water.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
28-06-2022 08:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14407)
Spongy Iris wrote:The solar and lunar winds lifted the ark 15 cubits.

Your version seems consistent thus far.

In your version of the great flood, how did the "rain" persist for forty days and forty nights if it crashed through heaven all at once?

In your version, did the waters prevail for 150 days? If so, whence did they go thereafter? Did they fly back to the moon?

Jussask'n.
28-06-2022 09:20
(14407)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Showing that something is "real" is a requirement of science.
No, it is not. The ONLY requirement of any theory of science is that is must be falsifiable.

Incorrect.

To be science, it must be a falsifiable model that predicts nature. If it doesn't predict nature, it isn't science.

A video game is a falsifiable model. It isn't science.

Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:So if no one knows who wrote it then no one can verify that it is real.
Irrelevant. No religion is science.

No one is claiming that it is.

Swan did. He was claiming that no one can verify the account in Genesis is real. He's confusing Genesis with science.

Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote: No religion needs to demonstrate anything to be "real."
While true, the passage in the Bible exists. It is real.

Yet the veracity of the account cannot be verified. Nonetheless, it does not need to be verified for it to be believed. No religion is somehow required to pass the scrutiny of the scientific method.

28-06-2022 09:43
(14407)
GasGuzzler wrote:Genesis 1:1

It's totally understandable. Once the land was covered in water, it became more difficult to find that drain plug.

It happens to the best of Creators.

The plug couldn't be marked without changing the story, i.e. "... and everything was covered by the prevailing waters ... except, of course, for the conspicuous drain plug buoy."

As a result, we now have as a Creator-flooding "best practice" to place the drain plug directly at one of the poles so there's no need to search. Otherwise, water all tends to look alike.

Edited on 28-06-2022 09:45
28-06-2022 10:14
(14407)
GasGuzzler wrote:Are you going to ask me how Jesus fed 5,000 on a couple fish and 5 loaves of bread?

GasGuzzler wrote:Are you going to ask how he made blind men see?

Bifocals, possibly?

GasGuzzler wrote:How he turned water to wine?

I'm not going to ask how He turned water into wine, but I will ask how he managed to saved the best for last.

GasGuzzler wrote:How he was resurrected to life after being tortured and killed?

That's a pretty neat trick and I'm sure there are many people who would pay good money to learn that secret.

GasGuzzler wrote: Either you accept God and His words, or you reject it.

Not quite. I'm the third option. I'm happy to discuss it all in-depth; I just haven't been convinced of any theology. Lacking a particular faith at the moment is not the same as rejecting any.

If you happen to not have a car, it doesn't mean that you are Amish or that you have somehow rejected cars. It just means that you lack a car ... which necessarily means that you lack every single car as well.

Similarly, if I don't have your house, it doesn't mean that I have somehow rejected your house. I just don't have your house.

Feel free to call me Mr. 3rd-Option.

GasGuzzler wrote:To sqabble over if the flood actually happened because a dove cannot fly 25,000 miles is a waste of bandwidth.

Exactly. It's just not a value-added use of bandwidth like, say, squabbling over Sven's definition of macro-climate. I think you hit the nail on the head. We're done here.
29-06-2022 00:51
(21597)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Showing that something is "real" is a requirement of science.
No, it is not. The ONLY requirement of any theory of science is that is must be falsifiable.

Incorrect.

To be science, it must be a falsifiable model that predicts nature. If it doesn't predict nature, it isn't science.

A video game is a falsifiable model. It isn't science.

Falsifiable theory. Models aren't falsifiable. They are simply nouns to a theory. Video games are not falsifiable theories.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:So if no one knows who wrote it then no one can verify that it is real.

Swan did. He was claiming that no one can verify the account in Genesis is real. He's confusing Genesis with science.

No, he is simply denying ?A->A.
This has nothing to do with science. It has to do with logic, which he is denying.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote: No religion needs to demonstrate anything to be "real."
While true, the passage in the Bible exists. It is real.

Yet the veracity of the account cannot be verified. Nonetheless, it does not need to be verified for it to be believed. No religion is somehow required to pass the scrutiny of the scientific method.

Science isn't a method or a procedure. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. The initial circular argument that is basis of all religions is not a falsifiable theory. It is a nonscientific theory.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 29-06-2022 00:57
29-06-2022 01:33
(14407)
Into the Night wrote:Falsifiable theory. Models aren't falsifiable.

You are using your own terminology, which you are of course free to do, however all science theories are models, specifically, they model nature, and they are all falsifiable.

Into the Night wrote:Video games are not falsifiable theories.

They absolutely are. I don't know how familiar you are with software but all programs are lists of statements with corresponding logic. The video game you see when you play is absolutely the conclusion/theorem of those statements. User input equates to assumptions and a CPU implements the software's logic to arrive at the proper conclusion that is displayed on the screen in the form of the correct graphics/image.

There is no requirement for a model to have any connection with reality in order to be a theory.

Once again, a video game is entirely a falsifiable model. The software explains exactly in what way it could be shown to be false, which would amount to a bug in the code.

Naturally, you are welcome to use your own terms but please define them first.

Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

No, he is simply denying ?A->A.

No. Swan is claiming that it cannot be verified, as though that is somehow a problem. Please check his words above.

Swan would have a point if Genesis were proposed as a science model, which it is not. Genesis is an account that is believed by Christians and they do not need to explain or justify their belief to anyone.

Into the Night wrote:This has nothing to do with science.

Correct. Genesis is not science. I take it we agree on this point?

Into the Night wrote:It has to do with logic, which he is denying.

Swan is under the impression that Christians are only allowed to believe accounts that are verifiable, and his stated position is that Genesis cannot be verified therefore it cannot be believed.

I claim that no Christians who believes in the accounts of Genesis have traveled back in time and verified those accounts, yet they believe nonetheless.

Into the Night wrote:Science isn't a method or a procedure. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

Specifically, falsifiable models that predict nature.

Into the Night wrote:The initial circular argument that is basis of all religions is not a falsifiable theory. It is a nonscientific theory.

It doesn't have to be a circular argument. It can just be an assumption, e.g. the assumption that there is a God. That is sufficient to have theology.

29-06-2022 18:09
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:The solar and lunar winds lifted the ark 15 cubits.

Your version seems consistent thus far.

In your version of the great flood, how did the "rain" persist for forty days and forty nights if it crashed through heaven all at once?

In your version, did the waters prevail for 150 days? If so, whence did they go thereafter? Did they fly back to the moon?

The Sun and Moon are always on.

Must have took 40 days, plus 40 nights, to seal up the hole in Heaven.

The plasma from the Sun and Moon, that came flooding through, probably is still here on Earth.

After 150 days, it was made less intense by increasing wind speed.

To increase wind speed, the Earth and the Walls of the Universe needed to start spinning faster. Gravity increased.

The combination of increased radiation and gravity lowered Man's life expectancy from more than 900 years, to less than 120 years.

References: Genesis 6:3 and Genesis 8:1-2

Edited on 29-06-2022 18:12
29-06-2022 18:18
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Are you going to ask me how Jesus fed 5,000 on a couple fish and 5 loaves of bread?

Wow. Total failure on my part to just assume the boy didn't have 5 Venezuelan monster loafs in his fannie pack and a couple of humpbacks on the stringer. Yes, that is plenty enough to feed 5,000 AND have leftovers for dinner. Hope they had a decent macrowave.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
29-06-2022 19:21
(14407)
GasGuzzler wrote:Wow. Total failure on my part to just assume the boy didn't have 5 Venezuelan monster loafs in his fannie pack and a couple of humpbacks on the stringer.

Back in those days, before the "European miniaturization", the culinary scale was much larger. We all know what happened to Jonah, and in the Old Testament, fathers would sometimes die from overeating manna (John 6:49).

You get a pass. You can't be expected to have this on your mind constantly.

GasGuzzler wrote: Hope they had a decent macrowave.

They only had a local wave back then, which was sometime called the stadium wave. The advent of the macrowave did not occur until the Renaissance. Some believe that the great flood gave the world its one and only global wave.

There were occasional instances of microwaves, but those occurred only when someone farted in the river.
29-06-2022 20:16
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Wow. Total failure on my part to just assume the boy didn't have 5 Venezuelan monster loafs in his fannie pack and a couple of humpbacks on the stringer.

Back in those days, before the "European miniaturization", the culinary scale was much larger. We all know what happened to Jonah, and in the Old Testament, fathers would sometimes die from overeating manna (John 6:49).

You get a pass. You can't be expected to have this on your mind constantly.

GasGuzzler wrote: Hope they had a decent macrowave.

They only had a local wave back then, which was sometime called the stadium wave. The advent of the macrowave did not occur until the Renaissance. Some believe that the great flood gave the world its one and only global wave.

There were occasional instances of microwaves, but those occurred only when someone farted in the river.

Always an entertaining education with you IBdaMann. Had no idea folks had to wait till the Renaissance to be able to throw food in the macro.

Now this farting in the river business....
If the current was strong enough, would this enhance the "flow" of thermal energy enough to allow for microclimate warming?

29-06-2022 20:29
(21597)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Falsifiable theory. Models aren't falsifiable.

You are using your own terminology, which you are of course free to do, however all science theories are models, specifically, they model nature, and they are all falsifiable.

A theory is not a model, but a theory may use a model. Models are not falsifiable. A theory may be, and it is a requirement of science they must be.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Video games are not falsifiable theories.

They absolutely are. I don't know how familiar you are with software but all programs are lists of statements with corresponding logic.

I design and build computers for my business, dude. You already knew that. Why are you asking this ridiculous question??????!?

No. A program is NOT a list of statement with corresponding logic. A program is simply a list of commands. The commands themselves are either executed by an interpreter, or by the hardware directly. Logic is used to build the hardware. You will see elements of logic translated upward through a programming language. Essentially:
* a computer is a sequencing device, not much different than your average washing machine timer.
* a computer also includes a pocket calculator (another computer) that operates the same way.
* a computer is a telegraph device. Without telegraphy, a computer is useless.

The first purpose of any computer is not to compute...it's to communicate. Getting it in and getting it out is what computers are all about. A computer without I/O is as useless as a brain in a jar.
IBdaMann wrote:
The video game you see when you play is absolutely the conclusion/theorem of those statements.

A programming statement is not a theory. Programs do not have conclusions unless they terminate. That conclusion is simply a single byte value in most cases. Zero is usually assigned the meaning of 'no error'.
IBdaMann wrote:
User input equates to assumptions

No. NO assumptions are made about user input. ANY programmer that assumes user input is writing code that won't function properly and/or is insecure.
IBdaMann wrote:
and a CPU implements the software's logic to arrive at the proper conclusion

WRONG. A CPU is made up of logic gates and various driver circuits. The logic circuitry in the CPU translates upward through various programming languages. You have it reversed.
IBdaMann wrote:
that is displayed on the screen in the form of the correct graphics/image.

WRONG. That is not a conclusion. That is one computer talking to a few others. That is telegraphy. That is all.

A video game console, such as the Nintendo Switch, has several CPUs in it. The Switch itself has four CPUs, two GPUs (CPUs geared for handling graphics, in this case executing commands to drive either a local display or an HDMI port), and the HDMI port itself communicates with the computers in your TV set.

There is no conclusion of logic here. It just all continues to sequence until you stop the game.

Some games have a story line with a conclusion programmed into it. This is just like any movie. The only difference is that you play one of the characters in the movie. Examples of games like these are Zelda, Breath of the Wild; Red Dead Redemption I and II; any of the Assassin's Creed games; and to a certain extent the Pikmin series (I, II, and III).

Some games have NO conclusion built into them, since they are not a story line. Examples of these include various pinball emulators; Arms; Wii bowling; Joust (remember that one?); or most any stand-up video game console you might find in the arcades or any of the emulators for them.

Most popular video games now use the for given in the first group. These are the games you typically see advertised on the monitor in places like Game Stop.

IBdaMann wrote:
There is no requirement for a model to have any connection with reality in order to be a theory.

A model is not a theory. Ever model is real. Every theory is real. Even nonscientific theories are real. In every case, they adhere to ?A->A. That makes them real. They all exist.
IBdaMann wrote:
Once again, a video game is entirely a falsifiable model.

WRONG. Models are not falsifiable. Theories are. A video game is not a theory nor a model, though it uses models. Like any program, a video game is made up of a series of computer commands given in sequence. The programmers of that sequence are the creators of that video game.
IBdaMann wrote:
The software explains exactly in what way it could be shown to be false,

Software does not falsify itself.
IBdaMann wrote:
which would amount to a bug in the code.

A bug is not a False, nor a True, nor even a conclusion at all. It is a mis-programmed sequence. Every complex program has bugs. It is not possible to eliminate all bugs.

Common sources of bugs are:
* assuming the user is going to give a certain input and not accounting for some different input.
* failing to properly handle buffering.
* failing to properly handle pointers.
* allocating memory and forgetting to deallocate it when done with it.
* allocating I/O resources and forgetting to deallocate it when done with it.
* documentation failure. The documentation describes (or fails to describe) how to use the software properly.
* systemic failure, or a failure to construct the design itself properly. This type of bug is nasty, since the only way to correct it is to completely redesign the software or system. I once knew a guy that was particularly good at finding these!
* failing to apply boundaries. This is the source of most security related bugs.
* starvation. This bug results when two computers are not communicating because both are waiting for the other to transmit something.
* constipation. This bug results when two computers are blabbing at each other and neither is listening.
* allocation assumption. This bug results when you attempt to allocate a resource such as memory or an I/O resource, and assumes you got it, when you actually didn't. Allocations are requests to the operating system. The OS might not give you what you asked for!
* hardware failure mishandling. This bug results when some piece of the hardware has failed and you didn't account for it. Fortunately, this kind of thing usually occurs in the OS itself. The OS is normally pretty good at handling hardware failures these days.

These types of bugs occur over and over. They are the most common types. There are, of course, many more types of bugs than listed here, but these are the most common types.

NONE of them is a conclusion of any kind. NONE of them is a False or a True of any kind. NONE of them is a falsification of any kind.
IBdaMann wrote:
Naturally, you are welcome to use your own terms but please define them first.

I already have. Don't go there. RQAA.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:[quote]IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]Swan wrote:So if no one knows who wrote it then no one can verify that it is real.

No, you are confusing too many things here into one. Concerning Swan's statement on Genesis that I responded to, Swan was arguing that Genesis is not real (i.e. it does not exist!). In other words, Swan was attempting to argue ?A->!A...a fallacy.
IBdaMann wrote:
No. Swan is claiming that it cannot be verified, as though that is somehow a problem.
Please check his words above.

He is saying that too, as if it were somehow a problem. That is correct. He went to conclude (quite incorrectly) that Genesis is not real, that it does not exist. It does. ?A->A. Remember that NOTHING about it's existence forces anything about whether it is fiction or not, but IT DOES EXIST. It is real.
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan would have a point if Genesis were proposed as a science model, which it is not.

There is no such thing as a 'science model'. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. Nothing but. Any theory may have a model (and usually does) associated with it, but a model is NOT required for any theory, nor can a model be falsifiable. It simply exists. A model is not a statement or a conclusion of any kind. It is simply the noun used by the theory. If a model is used, they are ALL real. They exist. There is never a True nor a False to any model...only to a theory.
IBdaMann wrote:
Genesis is an account that is believed by Christians and they do not need to explain or justify their belief to anyone.

Genesis is believed by several religions, not just Christians. It is also used by Judaism and by the Muslims.

In each case, they do not need to prove it True nor False, neither is that possible. The entire book of Genesis remains a set of circular arguments. Since none of it cannot be falsified, none of it is a theory of science. It is ALL a set of nonscientific theories.

As always, anyone trying to prove a circular argument either True or False is committing the circular argument fallacy, which is what a fundamentalist does. This is part of what Swan is trying to do. He is a fundamentalist in the Church of No God.

I have already defined my terms. I will do it again for you. Do not ask again. That is mindless.

Argument: a set of predicates and a conclusion.
Theory: an explanatory argument.
Model: a noun used in an argument. This includes any theory. This frequently takes the form of a parable or simile.
Falsifiable: the possibility to prove an argument False. Note that the model need not be proven False nor True, nor is it possible to do so. A model simply exists, even if the theory using it is proven False.
Science: a set of falsifiable theories.
Religion: an initial circular argument (or argument of Faith), used as a theory (a nonscientific one since circular arguments are not falsifiable), with arguments extending from that.
Fundamentalist: one that tries to prove a circular argument (or argument of Faith) either True or False, resulting in the circular argument fallacy. Note that a religion does not necessarily require a god or gods or even a specific item of worship even though many religions have them.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:This has nothing to do with science.

Correct. Genesis is not science. I take it we agree on this point?

Yes.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:It has to do with logic, which he is denying.

Swan is under the impression that Christians are only allowed to believe accounts that are verifiable, and his stated position is that Genesis cannot be verified therefore it cannot be believed.

This is fundamentalism (as I just again defined above). He is attempting to prove Genesis False. That is not possible. He is also of course attempting to invert (project) his own problem on Christians. He is making an inversion fallacy and a circular argument fallacy.

Christianity is a religion. It is not possible to prove that Christ existed and that He is who He says He is (namely the Son of God), either True or False. This is the initial circular argument of Christianity. ALL other arguments in Christianity stem from this initial circular argument (also a nonscientific theory, also making use of models of heaven and Earth).

Swan is attempting to prove Christianity False. That is not possible.

IBdaMann wrote:
I claim that no Christians who believes in the accounts of Genesis have traveled back in time and verified those accounts, yet they believe nonetheless.

You are quite correct here. It is not possible to prove either Christianity nor anything in Genesis True or False.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Science isn't a method or a procedure. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

Specifically, falsifiable models that predict nature.

There is a problem here, and it again stems from a circular argument.

You must first define 'nature'. What exactly is it? Is it something that only exists because science predicts it? Remember, you cannot use words like 'natural' or 'nature' to define 'nature'. Circular definitions don't work.

Since etymology is a hobby of mine, allow me to offer a definition:

The word 'nature' first appeared in the English lexicon around the 13th century, stemming from the Latin 'natus'.

Generally meaning the course of things, the restorative powers of life. A character or essence. Sometimes used as a synonym of Universe. Being born of The Universe or birth. The root meaning of 'natus' is 'birth'.

One might even say that 'nature' is just another way of saying 'I think, therefore I am'.

IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:The initial circular argument that is basis of all religions is not a falsifiable theory. It is a nonscientific theory.

It doesn't have to be a circular argument. It can just be an assumption, e.g. the assumption that there is a God. That is sufficient to have theology.

Paradox. Irrational. A assumption is in and of itself a circular argument. Remember that a circular argument is an argument that uses its own conclusion as a predicate.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 29-06-2022 20:30
29-06-2022 21:43
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Never said doves were seabirds. The routinely fly over large stretches of water though.
HarveyH55 wrote:

No one said they did.
HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

What math?
HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:
meaning that if it was covered with water that sea level was over 29,000 feet higher than today, over the entire globe. LOL where did this water drain into?

HarveyH55 wrote:
Retard alert

Dude you can have this argument for 1000 years or until the day you die, the argument is a complete waste of time as nothing will be verified or proved.

However those with minds know that all water drains into the ocean and that Mount Everest is 29000 feet tall over current sea level, and that this water would have covered the entire Earth and that this water could not drain into the sea because it was already there and that water never leaves the Earth when it evaporates as it just comes back down as rain in another place. So Genesis is bullshit like the babies that argue it as reality

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
29-06-2022 22:07
(1643)
Swan wrote:

Dude you can have this argument for 1000 years or until the day you die, the argument is a complete waste of time as nothing will be verified or proved.

However those with minds know that all water drains into the ocean and that Mount Everest is 29000 feet tall over current sea level, and that this water would have covered the entire Earth and that this water could not drain into the sea because it was already there and that water never leaves the Earth when it evaporates as it just comes back down as rain in another place. So Genesis is bullshit like the babies that argue it as reality

The double sun image proves Heaven.

The Lybian glass fields prove the flood.

Genesis is a bullshit confession inspired by a true story.

And nobody wants to admit it, because it would reveal vast levels of fraud.

Edited on 29-06-2022 22:21
29-06-2022 23:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:

If you say so.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

29-06-2022 23:41
(21597)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

No one said they did.
HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

What math?
HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:
Retard alert

Genesis is real. It exists. I am not trying to prove Genesis True. You, however, are trying to prove Genesis False. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).

The Parrot Killer

29-06-2022 23:45
(21597)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:

Yet you deny Heaven. You are locked in paradox.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Glass is not water. It is not possible to prove the Flood occurred at all.
Spongy Iris wrote:

It is not possible to prove Genesis either True nor False.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Buzzword fallacies. Proof is not fraud. Lack of proof is not fraud.

Circular argument fallacies (fundamentalism). Buzzword fallacies. Non-sequitur fallacy. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 29-06-2022 23:46
30-06-2022 00:05
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:

Glass is not water.

How do I deny Heaven?

Heaven is a glass ceiling all around Earth.

When a whole broke in Heaven, the solar and lunar winds came flooding in.

30-06-2022 01:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

No one said they did.
HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

What math?
HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:
Retard alert

Genesis is real. It exists. I am not trying to prove Genesis True. You, however, are trying to prove Genesis False. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).

Actually arguing that Genesis is true or false is the circular argument which has no purpose except to detail the lack of IQ for people like you.

That said why did your fake god kill everyone except noah and his soon to become inbred family? Not to mention that two of every animal would cause the inbreeding that would cause the death of everything.

ULTRA MAGA

30-06-2022 18:20
(14407)
Swan wrote:That said why did your fake god kill everyone except noah and his soon to become inbred family?

We don't have a comprehensive manifest of the ark.

Swan wrote:Not to mention that two of every animal would cause the inbreeding that would cause the death of everything.

There were at least four of each animal. Ten of each clean animal.

They were gathered in pairs, i.e. a pair was considered the unit.
30-06-2022 19:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:That said why did your fake god kill everyone except noah and his soon to become inbred family?

Swan wrote:Not to mention that two of every animal would cause the inbreeding that would cause the death of everything.

Actually there is a comprehensive list of the ark's contents because all land animals would have perished if the oceans rose over 29,000 feet to cover mount everest.

So are you stupid or something?

Yea we determined that a long time ago.

Now for the fun, the minimum number of current animal species is 1,500,000, now times that by four as you claim that the ark held the number rises to 6,000,000 individual animals. Then there is the issue of what to feed the large carnivores like lions and tigers that eat a deer or so a day so there would need to be hundreds of thousands of deer and impalas just to feed the lions tigers and bears, then there are the millions of bales of hay and alfalfa needed to feed the grazing animals, so the size of the ark would need to be right about as big as say Australia.

Yawn

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 30-06-2022 19:57
30-06-2022 20:00
(1643)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Glass is not water.

How do I deny Heaven?

Still waiting on your answer Parrot Boy...

30-06-2022 20:13
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Glass is not water.

How do I deny Heaven?

Still waiting on your answer Parrot Boy...

You are absolutely correct, heaven is a glass ceiling around the Earth.

Triple lobotomy with 500 volt electroshock treatments recommended.

ULTRA MAGA

30-06-2022 21:29
(1643)
Swan wrote:

Go to hell quack doctor.

30-06-2022 22:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:

Go to hell quack doctor.

Actually I am really interested in your proof that the Earth is inside a glass ceiling.

How did you discover this?

Have you published your discoveries with Alfred E Newman?

ULTRA MAGA

30-06-2022 22:08
(1643)
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:

Go to hell quack doctor.

Actually I am really interested in your proof that the Earth is inside a glass ceiling.

My signature. The double sun image. That happens because the Sun is behind double pane glass.

And where I first read about the glass in the sky? The Wild Heretic.

https://www.wildheretic.com/there-is-glass-in-the-sky/

I don't agree with all the theories on The Wild Heretic. But I credit them for publishing about glass in the sky before me.

Edited on 30-06-2022 22:13
30-06-2022 22:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:

Go to hell quack doctor.

My signature. The double sun image. That happens because the Sun is behind double pane glass.

I don't agree with all the theories on The Wild Heretic. But I credit them for publishing about glass in the sky before me.

Have you ever been tested for earwigs?

ULTRA MAGA

30-06-2022 22:45
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:

Go to hell quack doctor.

Well shit. Now I'm totally confused. You had me convinced the double sun was proof of too much CO2 in the atmosphere.

Now you're selling a heavenly glass ceiling? OK.

Attached image:

30-06-2022 23:05
(1643)
Swan wrote:

Doctors tell me there's no cure for tinnitus, but I think mine should be going away any day now...

30-06-2022 23:14
(1643)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Well shit. Now I'm totally confused. You had me convinced the double sun was proof of too much CO2 in the atmosphere.

Now you're selling a heavenly glass ceiling? OK.

I didn't think it was hard to keep up with the so few people who post on this forum, but I will explain it again for you GasGuzzler. You're welcome.

The double sun is proof of Heaven. It shows Earth is in a glass container.

Freezing CO2 makes dry ice. If there's too much dry ice inside a container, the pressure on Heaven gets too much, and it might crack.

And if it cracks, the solar and lunar winds come flooding in and kill all life.

30-06-2022 23:18
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:

Doctors tell me there's no cure for tinnitus, but I think mine should be going away any day now...

Actually only sick people need doctors.

So enjoy being sick.

ULTRA MAGA

30-06-2022 23:28
(1643)
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:

So enjoy being sick.

Swan please tell us your secret for life everlasting.

30-06-2022 23:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:

So enjoy being sick.

Swan please tell us your secret for life everlasting.

That's easy, eat right, exercise hard and stay the f away from doctors that need idiots to be dependent on them.

If I went to a doctor I would be told that I have diabetes and that I have bradycardia because my heart gets down to 47bpm at night, after a 50 mile cycle ride during the day, I actually had one doctor tell me that I had kidney failure in 2018, I walked away and never looked back. Might want to challenge him to follow me now being that I am dead according to him.

LOL

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 01-07-2022 00:41
01-07-2022 07:11
(14407)
Swan wrote:If I went to a doctor I would be told that I have diabetes and that I have bradycardia because my heart gets down to 47bpm at night, after a 50 mile cycle ride during the day,

Have you considered that you might be undead? It would explain the lack of thought put into your posts and why you cannot be forthwith reasoned.

Have you tried arranging for a priest to try performing a resurrection on you, possibly bringing you back to life? If you do, you might finally understand why you don't really know what you merely speculate.

I recommend at least giving it a try.

Swan wrote:I actually had one doctor tell me that I had kidney failure in 2018,

That's what you should expect when you have no vital signs. I bet the doctor had an entire list of your non-functioning organs. I bet he understood the purpose of those bolts on your neck.

Swan wrote:I walked away and never looked back.

The undead normally have that kind of trouble turning their heads.

Swan wrote: Might want to challenge him to follow me now being that I am dead according to him. LOL

He probably considers you "hazardous waste" and doesn't want to get too close. There's a high likelihood that you are carrying an infectious disease that is thriving in your dead flesh.

01-07-2022 13:00
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:If I went to a doctor I would be told that I have diabetes and that I have bradycardia because my heart gets down to 47bpm at night, after a 50 mile cycle ride during the day,

Have you considered that you might be undead? It would explain the lack of thought put into your posts and why you cannot be forthwith reasoned.

Have you tried arranging for a priest to try performing a resurrection on you, possibly bringing you back to life? If you do, you might finally understand why you don't really know what you merely speculate.

I recommend at least giving it a try.

Swan wrote:I actually had one doctor tell me that I had kidney failure in 2018,

That's what you should expect when you have no vital signs. I bet the doctor had an entire list of your non-functioning organs. I bet he understood the purpose of those bolts on your neck.

Swan wrote:I walked away and never looked back.

The undead normally have that kind of trouble turning their heads.

Swan wrote: Might want to challenge him to follow me now being that I am dead according to him. LOL

He probably considers you "hazardous waste" and doesn't want to get too close. There's a high likelihood that you are carrying an infectious disease that is thriving in your dead flesh.

Says the idiot who denies that there was ever an ice age, and who believes that the Earth is 6000 years old.

Yawn

ULTRA MAGA

01-07-2022 13:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
IBdaMann wrote:

Give up so soon girl?

Actually there is a comprehensive list of the ark's contents because all land animals would have perished if the oceans rose over 29,000 feet to cover mount everest.

So are you stupid or something?

Yea we determined that a long time ago.

Now for the fun, the minimum number of current animal species is 1,500,000, now times that by four as you claim that the ark held the number rises to 6,000,000 individual animals. Then there is the issue of what to feed the large carnivores like lions and tigers that eat a deer or so a day so there would need to be hundreds of thousands of deer and impalas just to feed the lions tigers and bears, then there are the millions of bales of hay and alfalfa needed to feed the grazing animals, so the size of the ark would need to be right about as big as say Australia.

Yawn

ULTRA MAGA

Page 3 of 8<12345>>>

Join the debate "... take care of it." -Genesis 2:15.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
Funny how none of the geniuses here care about climate change anymore3230-07-2022 21:58
America Has The Best Health Care In The World627-12-2018 20:43
"I don't care du u" slop coat323-06-2018 19:13
People who care about climate, is it about loving Earth or is it about their own self interests?625-12-2015 13:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact