Remember me
▼ Content

Time Crystal



Page 2 of 3<123>
19-09-2021 19:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
The attached image would be an example of Eigenvalues if they are caused by a wave function being changed by a crystal, etc. because they wouldn't be in phase with each other and they might have different wavelengths.

Frequency is not phase.
James___ wrote:
An example of Eigenstates would be a radio or TV broadcast signal. That's because it would have many waves but all of the waves would have the same wavelength and be in phase. This is why 2 people in different locations can receive the same broadcast signal.

No. It is because light can radiate from a point source.



Frequency is not phase.


Never said it was.

Denying your own statement won't save you.
James___ wrote:
With the A.C. generator, it runs 90º out of phase while polarity is switched every 90º.

Generators run in phase with the power line. Otherwise you get a short.
James___ wrote:
This then can allow for in the US 60hz a.c. Same frequency but out of phase.

An AC generator can generate any frequency. It has nothing to do with phase.
James___ wrote:
This isn't the same as an Eigenvalue but would be an Eigenstate.

Buzzword fallacies.
James___ wrote:
No. It is because light can radiate from a point source.


A laser doesn't radiate light. It has a focused beam.

A laser radiates from a point source like any light.
James___ wrote:
With radio transmitters, 2 round poles are used which alternate polarity. Because the poles are round, they transmit/broadcast 360º.

The shape of an antenna does not require two round poles.
The closest simple antenna you are describing is a dipole, which does not transmit in all directions equally. You have just shown that you cannot pass an FCC exam.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 19-09-2021 19:27
19-09-2021 19:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: A laser doesn't radiate light.


LASER: Light Amplification through Stimulated Emission of Radiation

.



So? It's a focused beam. It follows the same vector and does not become
there are certain special wavefunctions which are such that when A acts on them the result is just a multiple of the original wavefunction.

That's what allows for anything from radio stations to cell towers to transmit a signal. And with something like a signal that changes as is used with cell phones, when the signal is transmitted, it's all the same frequency. It's what's being transmitted at a given point in time.
With what the image shows is 2 distinct sine waves. If 2 such waves emanate from the same crystal then they are Eigenvalues. With an actual wave function, changing the amplitude of the wave would change its wavelength.

Amplitude is not wavelength.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
19-09-2021 21:34
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
The attached image would be an example of Eigenvalues if they are caused by a wave function being changed by a crystal, etc. because they wouldn't be in phase with each other and they might have different wavelengths.

Frequency is not phase.
James___ wrote:
An example of Eigenstates would be a radio or TV broadcast signal. That's because it would have many waves but all of the waves would have the same wavelength and be in phase. This is why 2 people in different locations can receive the same broadcast signal.

No. It is because light can radiate from a point source.



Frequency is not phase.


Never said it was. With the A.C. generator, it runs 90º out of phase while polarity is switched every 90º. This then can allow for in the US 60hz a.c. Same frequency but out of phase. This isn't the same as an Eigenvalue but would be an Eigenstate.


No. It is because light can radiate from a point source.


A laser doesn't radiate light. It has a focused beam. With radio transmitters, 2 round poles are used which alternate polarity. Because the poles are round, they transmit/broadcast 360º.


Do you actually understand any of the crap you try to regurgitate from YouTube videos? An AC generator can be of any frequency, and single, or multiple phase. Early radio transmitters were AC generators, the frequency or amplitude modulated, by the sounds to be transmitted (AM/FM). Read about Nikola Tesla's work. He didn't invent AC, but he did invent the power distribution system, that hasn't change substantial since. He also invented the AC motors, and the power plant generators. He brought it all together, for all the modern electrical conveniences we enjoy.
19-09-2021 22:23
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Considering it's a well known fact that Tesla invented the AC generator, have to wonder how someone would not know this. Can't really comment on disinformation.

With the AC alternator, its field changes polarity 4 times per cycle or 360º rotation of its armature. Thus an AC alternator has 4 phases per cycle. This is different than
the phases in line current.
Edited on 19-09-2021 22:39
20-09-2021 03:15
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1373)
Horse shit James. The first electromagnetic generator, the Faraday disk, was invented in 1831 by British scientist Michael Faraday.It was very soon realised that the power output was weak and by reversing the coils AC was developed.America was planting cotton and slave trading.The civil war had not started and hardly anyone had gone west.Yet you think Tesla was trading.With who American natives?
20-09-2021 03:21
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1373)
Nikola Tesla.Born 10 July 1856, Smiljan, Croatia.This guy was good he designed and built something 25 years before being born.I still love you James and would like to hang out at your place and drink corn whiskey
20-09-2021 03:54
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
And again I say Tesla invented the AC generator. It's patent number is 447,921. Patents I have heard are given to the inventor of an invention.
Faraday did not invent the AC generator Duncan. He discovered a principle that allowed for magnetic fields to be generated. In his time, I doubt there was even a good battery to work with. And yet you're leaping to him inventing not the DC generator which Thomas Edison did invent but to the invented the AC generator which Tesla invented. How grandiose of you.
By the way, an invention has practical value. A principle of science is not an invention but is a discovery. Faraday has received the proper credit for what he has contributed to science.

https://suiter.com/patent-of-the-day-alternating-electric-current-generator/

p.s., when I read and responded to Duncan's post, I was drinking a Foster lager. It's Australian for beer. Will probably be the last one I drink. And to think a 100:1 long shot won some jock strap (cup) in Australia with a broad aboard. Why Ride Like a Girl when you can ride her instead? Feel better Duncan?
Edited on 20-09-2021 04:35
20-09-2021 17:13
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
I stand corrected, Faraday invented the A.C. generator because he had two English speaking parents. Tesla didn't have 2 English speaking parents. So yes, both Duncan and Harvey are correct.
And because Edison had two English speaking parents.............
20-09-2021 19:23
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
What is strange in a way is that I might be able to build a better wind turbine but it wouldn't be an invention. Wind turbines (wind mills) have been in use for hundreds of years. At the same time, if I can demonstrate Bessler's wheel, I was going to ask SCU https://www.scu.edu.au/study-at-scu/why-scu/locations/lismore/ to do an atmospheric experiment which could change atmospheric chemistry for the sole reason they are located next to FOK (Friends of the Koala).

Then again non-English speaking countries might allow me an opportunity to have a life. Whether it's Spain, Poland, etc, and I have been told too often that only people who think and talk the right way deserve a life in the US.

p.s., with the wind turbine I wouldn't be inventing, it'd go back to what I didn't learn while serving in the US Navy, or being from Dayton, Ohio (and what I have learned about the Wright Bros.) and then what I learned working for the Boeing Airplane Co. in Seattle, Wa. In the US Navy, I served on 2 aircraft carriers and one was the USS Kitty Hawk.
And with Johann Bessler, he died falling from a windmill that he was working on at the age of 63 in ~1745. I just can't see a trend here and have posted this thread on my Facebook page starting with Harvey's post. And with Bessler, he had a friend that was a blacksmith. Most likely where Bessler got his parts from for when he built pendulum clocks. And with his wheels, their weights got their force from swinging. I still see no trend here.
20-09-2021 20:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
Considering it's a well known fact that Tesla invented the AC generator, have to wonder how someone would not know this. Can't really comment on disinformation.

Tesla did not invent the AC generator. Faraday did.
James___ wrote:
With the AC alternator, its field changes polarity 4 times per cycle or 360º rotation of its armature. Thus an AC alternator has 4 phases per cycle. This is different than
the phases in line current.

There is no such thing as an AC alternator. Alternators produce DC.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
20-09-2021 20:12
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
And again I say Tesla invented the AC generator. It's patent number is 447,921.

This is not the invention of the AC generator. It's an invention of transmitting power by radio.
James___ wrote:
Patents I have heard are given to the inventor of an invention.

You should read what you quote, idiot.
James___ wrote:
Faraday did not invent the AC generator Duncan.

Yes he did.
James___ wrote:
He discovered a principle that allowed for magnetic fields to be generated.

No, that was Ampere and Orsted.
James___ wrote:
In his time, I doubt there was even a good battery to work with.

Voltas' pile was a good battery.
James___ wrote:
And yet you're leaping to him inventing not the DC generator which Thomas Edison did invent but to the invented the AC generator which Tesla invented.

Stay on topic. Tesla did not invent the AC generator.
James___ wrote:
How grandiose of you.

How wrong of you.
James___ wrote:
By the way, an invention has practical value. A principle of science is not an invention but is a discovery. Faraday has received the proper credit for what he has contributed to science.

You can't even keep track of what Faraday contributed to science.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
20-09-2021 20:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
I stand corrected, Faraday invented the A.C. generator because he had two English speaking parents. Tesla didn't have 2 English speaking parents. So yes, both Duncan and Harvey are correct.
And because Edison had two English speaking parents.............

Irrelevant.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
20-09-2021 21:54
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Into the Night wrote:

There is no such thing as an AC alternator. Alternators produce DC.



And now you're sounding like your friends Harvey and Duncan. There's a reason why antennas that broadcast radio signals use a dipole transmitter. The opposing poles (think north and south with magnets) of both antennae have an opposite polarity which changes with the phase changes of the electrical current being transmitted.
This helps to maintain signal strength. If both antennae oscillated the same phase (polarity) then that would cause the signals to interfere with each other. It'd be like switching the leads on the battery in your car. Connect the positive cable to the negative terminal and the ground to the positive terminal and your battery will generate a lot of heat. This is because you'll be reversing polarity.
If a single antenna were used and then if a lot of watts is pumped through it, it would also generate a lot of heat. Think filament in a light bulb.
But you guys know this stuff so why am I explaining it to you for?

You probably know that a single phase A.C. current is 2 opposing currents as with the dipole antennae used for broadcasting a lot of watts so why the mind game? Everyone knows that with a D.C. current that it suffers so much entropy because there is no opposing phase to ground it as inline current. It simply lacks cohesion because it's interfering with its own propagation.

Edited on 20-09-2021 22:35
20-09-2021 23:19
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
And of course everyone knows that when dipole antennae (antennas) broadcast a signal, that is an example of black body radiation. And if the value of the black body is not known in how it alters the energy being emitted then signal integrity can not be maintained.
And once again we back to Max Planck and his E = hv. And once again, you guys know this so why the mind games?
Edited on 21-09-2021 00:03
21-09-2021 01:55
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsrqKE1iqqo
21-09-2021 02:28
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1373)
Alternators create AC which is converted to DC.Dynamos create DC I will get the popcorn.And James I was wrong I forgot that if it is patented in USA then you are the inventor.The rest of the world is for your bombing pleasure
21-09-2021 02:41
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
duncan61 wrote:
Alternators create AC which is converted to DC.Dynamos create DC I will get the popcorn.And James I was wrong I forgot that if it is patented in USA then you are the inventor.The rest of the world is for your bombing pleasure



If you knew your history, Einstein's father owned a company that made dynamos.
My uncles made an inverter for my grandmother. The refrigerator that my grandfather bought her did not run on the current available. That was life in Norway.
And for fun, this might have been during Nazi occupation. Might be why they had to make do with what they had. Life wasn't good.
An inverter changes power from D.C. to A.C. Europe uses 50hz A.C. Today some countries still use 50hz DC. During World War II, in Europe, some countries might have used D.C. while other areas used A.C. Knowing how to wire an inverter might have meant having a refrigerator that you could use at home.
Just basic knowledge. And if you guys missed this, your family did not live under the 3rd Reich? Really? And now we're into supremacy. Snakker Engleske?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSXKyHM133c
Edited on 21-09-2021 03:20
21-09-2021 04:05
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
I could have done without remembering Nazi occupation. Some people are just better. And yet I want to work with a German scientist and a German charity. In the US they say payback is a beotch. It will allow for a most unusual relationship.
21-09-2021 19:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

There is no such thing as an AC alternator. Alternators produce DC.



And now you're sounding like your friends Harvey and Duncan.

Probably because they understand this stuff a hell of a lot better than you do.
James___ wrote:
There's a reason why antennas that broadcast radio signals use a dipole transmitter.

There is no such thing as a 'dipole transmitter'. An antenna is not a transmitter.
James___ wrote:
The opposing poles (think north and south with magnets) of both antennae have an opposite polarity which changes with the phase changes of the electrical current being transmitted.

Both elements of a dipole are in phase.
James___ wrote:
This helps to maintain signal strength.

Antennas do not maintain signal strength.
James___ wrote:
If both antennae oscillated the same phase (polarity) then that would cause the signals to interfere with each other.

Both elements of a dipole antenna are fed in the same phase.
James___ wrote:
It'd be like switching the leads on the battery in your car.

Radio is not DC.
James___ wrote:
Connect the positive cable to the negative terminal and the ground to the positive terminal and your battery will generate a lot of heat.

No, it won't! The batter will still power everything normally, except any electronics, which will be fried.
James___ wrote:
This is because you'll be reversing polarity.

Turn's out that for motors, lights, solenoids, etc. it makes no difference.
James___ wrote:
If a single antenna were used and then if a lot of watts is pumped through it, it would also generate a lot of heat. Think filament in a light bulb.

A radio antenna with a 100,000 watt transmitter does not heat significantly. I can touch such an antenna with no problems.
James___ wrote:
But you guys know this stuff so why am I explaining it to you for?

Because you want to push your wackiness as 'science'.
James___ wrote:
You probably know that a single phase A.C. current is 2 opposing currents as with the dipole antennae used for broadcasting a lot of watts so why the mind game?

Dipole antenna elements are fed in phase.
James___ wrote:
Everyone knows that with a D.C. current that it suffers so much entropy because there is no opposing phase to ground it as inline current. It simply lacks cohesion because it's interfering with its own propagation.

Current isn't entropy. Entropy doesn't 'suffer' anything. Cohesion has nothing to do with any current.

Buzzword fallacies.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
21-09-2021 19:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
And of course everyone knows that when dipole antennae (antennas) broadcast a signal, that is an example of black body radiation.

Radio is not black body radiation.
James___ wrote:
And if the value of the black body is not known

Black bodies have no 'value'.
James___ wrote:
in how it alters the energy being emitted then signal integrity can not be maintained.

Antennas do not alter a signal. Signals have no 'integrity' to lose.
James___ wrote:
And once again we back to Max Planck and his E = hv. And once again, you guys know this so why the mind games?

And once again you wander into a completely unrelated subject.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
21-09-2021 19:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
duncan61 wrote:
Alternators create AC which is converted to DC.

Alternators create DC. They either do it directly with brushes or by using diodes. Most use diodes so that the device itself is brushless.
duncan61 wrote:
Dynamos create DC I will get the popcorn.

Dynamos create AC. This is actually your typical power plant generator.
duncan61 wrote:
And James I was wrong I forgot that if it is patented in USA then you are the inventor.

Are you forgetting the patent offices in Britain, Japan, etc.
duncan61 wrote:
The rest of the world is for your bombing pleasure

What about your bombing pleasure?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
22-09-2021 06:27
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(759)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:


No, you cannot suspend the 2nd law of thermodynamics for even a moment.



Superconductivity happens at close to 0° kelvin. I think they have it up to 70° k now. It sounds like the only thing that happened is that they changed the polarity of the qubits.
And as they said in the article, their only use might be in a quantum computer. With the 2nd law of thermodynamics, some wave energy doesn't suffer entropy. And with what was shown might actually be improperly stated. The microwave seems to have transferred energy to the crystals. They changed their polarity, right?
Still, the crystals being supercooled would be why they didn't suffer entropy. Physics allows for that. That's because the crystals are basically isolated from everything around them. And such isolation means they don't interact with anything. Interaction is what causes entropy.


If you can cool something down to absolute zero, wouldn't that decrease entropy?


22-09-2021 06:39
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10007)
Spongy Iris wrote:If you can cool something down to absolute zero, wouldn't that decrease entropy?

1. You cannot cool anything to absolute zero.
2. Entropy never decreases.

Your statement reads: If [FALSE] then [FALSE]

... so yes, I guess you're right.

22-09-2021 08:51
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:


No, you cannot suspend the 2nd law of thermodynamics for even a moment.



Superconductivity happens at close to 0° kelvin. I think they have it up to 70° k now. It sounds like the only thing that happened is that they changed the polarity of the qubits.
And as they said in the article, their only use might be in a quantum computer. With the 2nd law of thermodynamics, some wave energy doesn't suffer entropy. And with what was shown might actually be improperly stated. The microwave seems to have transferred energy to the crystals. They changed their polarity, right?
Still, the crystals being supercooled would be why they didn't suffer entropy. Physics allows for that. That's because the crystals are basically isolated from everything around them. And such isolation means they don't interact with anything. Interaction is what causes entropy.


If you can cool something down to absolute zero, wouldn't that decrease entropy?


I don't think anyone has ever achieved absolute zero. It's more of a theoretical baseline thing. Close, for all practical purposes, is good enough. Think about it, just to measure it, you would need to transfer thermal energy. Any use or interaction, would alter the state.
22-09-2021 17:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10007)


HarveyH55 wrote: I don't think anyone has ever achieved absolute zero.

Correct. No one ever has. Any target (body of matter) for supercooling is nonetheless heated to some non-zero extent by the surrounding non-absolute-zero equipment. There's a reason Pluto is not at absolute zero.

HarveyH55 wrote: It's more of a theoretical baseline thing.

Yes. Absolute zero is a purely theoretical limit calculated by extrapolation from experimental data (not by calculating limits in calculus). Ergo the numerical value is not known exactly but rather is forthwith "agreed" internationally to be -273.15 Celsius, based on the (perceived) most accurate extrapolations from the (perceived) most accurate data. However, in a universe seemingly based on logarithms (irrational numbers), I personally find it difficult to believe that absolute zero calculates cleanly to only two decimal places.

There is nothing preventing you or anyone from performing tests that "debunk" the aformentioned value. The methodology you could/would/should use is checking the volume of a gas at various temperatures and, using the Ideal Gas law (note: there are methodologies that use Charles' law and others that use Boyle's law) to plot a graph ... and then you extend out to zero and get your value ... and it will be your value ... all yours and no one else's.

Although I am thinking of starting a cryptocurrency called -2Kelvin. My main push will be to foment FOMO and to get people to buy because my crypto is so HOT ... so that they will rush to FREEZE their holdings and never sell.
I just need a close group of greedy insiders who want to get really, really rich over a weekend, funded by Xadoman and others. Who's in?

HarveyH55 wrote: Close, for all practical purposes, is good enough.

When it comes to absolute zero, everyone seems to agree on this point. In fact, rounding to two decimal places is apparently good enough for everyone.

22-09-2021 19:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:


No, you cannot suspend the 2nd law of thermodynamics for even a moment.



Superconductivity happens at close to 0° kelvin. I think they have it up to 70° k now. It sounds like the only thing that happened is that they changed the polarity of the qubits.
And as they said in the article, their only use might be in a quantum computer. With the 2nd law of thermodynamics, some wave energy doesn't suffer entropy. And with what was shown might actually be improperly stated. The microwave seems to have transferred energy to the crystals. They changed their polarity, right?
Still, the crystals being supercooled would be why they didn't suffer entropy. Physics allows for that. That's because the crystals are basically isolated from everything around them. And such isolation means they don't interact with anything. Interaction is what causes entropy.


If you can cool something down to absolute zero, wouldn't that decrease entropy?

Nope. Cooling anything down below room temperature requires the use of energy. You are attempting to compare two different systems as if they are the same system.

e(t+1) >= e(t)

Entropy NEVER decreases. It always increases or stays the same.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
22-09-2021 22:56
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(759)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:If you can cool something down to absolute zero, wouldn't that decrease entropy?

1. You cannot cool anything to absolute zero.
2. Entropy never decreases.

Your statement reads: If [FALSE] then [FALSE]

... so yes, I guess you're right.



Some people have come pretty close.

https://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/NehemieCange.shtml



Edited on 22-09-2021 22:57
22-09-2021 22:59
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(759)
[img][/img]
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:


No, you cannot suspend the 2nd law of thermodynamics for even a moment.



Superconductivity happens at close to 0° kelvin. I think they have it up to 70° k now. It sounds like the only thing that happened is that they changed the polarity of the qubits.
And as they said in the article, their only use might be in a quantum computer. With the 2nd law of thermodynamics, some wave energy doesn't suffer entropy. And with what was shown might actually be improperly stated. The microwave seems to have transferred energy to the crystals. They changed their polarity, right?
Still, the crystals being supercooled would be why they didn't suffer entropy. Physics allows for that. That's because the crystals are basically isolated from everything around them. And such isolation means they don't interact with anything. Interaction is what causes entropy.


If you can cool something down to absolute zero, wouldn't that decrease entropy?

Nope. Cooling anything down below room temperature requires the use of energy. You are attempting to compare two different systems as if they are the same system.

e(t+1) >= e(t)

Entropy NEVER decreases. It always increases or stays the same.


The thought is more like you could create a local shield.


23-09-2021 04:00
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10007)
Spongy Iris wrote:Some people have come pretty close.

Yes, some people have made some very cold things.

Nothing can arrive at absolute zero.

Some people have arrived at Absolut zero.

23-09-2021 19:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
Spongy Iris wrote:
[img][/img]
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:


No, you cannot suspend the 2nd law of thermodynamics for even a moment.



Superconductivity happens at close to 0° kelvin. I think they have it up to 70° k now. It sounds like the only thing that happened is that they changed the polarity of the qubits.
And as they said in the article, their only use might be in a quantum computer. With the 2nd law of thermodynamics, some wave energy doesn't suffer entropy. And with what was shown might actually be improperly stated. The microwave seems to have transferred energy to the crystals. They changed their polarity, right?
Still, the crystals being supercooled would be why they didn't suffer entropy. Physics allows for that. That's because the crystals are basically isolated from everything around them. And such isolation means they don't interact with anything. Interaction is what causes entropy.


If you can cool something down to absolute zero, wouldn't that decrease entropy?

Nope. Cooling anything down below room temperature requires the use of energy. You are attempting to compare two different systems as if they are the same system.

e(t+1) >= e(t)

Entropy NEVER decreases. It always increases or stays the same.


The thought is more like you could create a local shield.

Any shield contains energy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
24-09-2021 01:24
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:


No, you cannot suspend the 2nd law of thermodynamics for even a moment.



Superconductivity happens at close to 0° kelvin. I think they have it up to 70° k now. It sounds like the only thing that happened is that they changed the polarity of the qubits.
And as they said in the article, their only use might be in a quantum computer. With the 2nd law of thermodynamics, some wave energy doesn't suffer entropy. And with what was shown might actually be improperly stated. The microwave seems to have transferred energy to the crystals. They changed their polarity, right?
Still, the crystals being supercooled would be why they didn't suffer entropy. Physics allows for that. That's because the crystals are basically isolated from everything around them. And such isolation means they don't interact with anything. Interaction is what causes entropy.


If you can cool something down to absolute zero, wouldn't that decrease entropy?



That is where super conductivity begins. Today, super conductivity is at about 72º kelvin.
24-09-2021 01:27
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Some people have come pretty close.

Yes, some people have made some very cold things.

Nothing can arrive at absolute zero.

Some people have arrived at Absolut zero.




со мной, Я хочу знать. Сказать мне более.
24-09-2021 05:16
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Some people have come pretty close.

Yes, some people have made some very cold things.

Nothing can arrive at absolute zero.

Some people have arrived at Absolut zero.




со мной, Я хочу знать. Сказать мне более.


There is вода which is water and then there is водка. How does someone not know the difference? Where is the "k" in water? God, are you guys that stupid?

Life's a game.

Edited on 24-09-2021 05:19
24-09-2021 16:16
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
It is kind of mind blowing that I should be able to change both atmospheric chemistry and astrophysics at the same time. To give you an idea, people might wish they could do something but that's not something anyone ever dreams about doing. And this is because how atmospheric air pressure was determined has been forgotten about. It changes things.
Then this will allow me to show how the Earth, Venus and Mars all have atmospheric air pressure relative to each other. Something that scientists have missed because they think atmospheric air pressure is 1013.25 millibars which it isn't.
And for what I am building, I'll be doing the final test next week. It should work. If so then it will show that resistance creates work. A basic concept is a hydro-electric dam. As a result of resistance energy is converted from one form to another. Resistance allows for the conservation of energy. Of course with the wheel, resistance will change the balance of the wheel relative to its axle and not the fulcrum controlling the swing of the weight. And if it proves to work, scientists and engineers will have trouble considering something that's not taught in school.
Air pressure will be more of the same. Yet my math will "argue" that it needs to be lower because then it will allow for relationships in our solar system to be based on gravity as both Einstein and Newton described. What Newton described was a "general" theory of gravity while Einstein showed how gravity acts on energy. If you guys don't get it, Venus is both denser and heavier then the Earth but scientists say that's not true.
And since math is generally accepted everywhere, this blows my mind that I might actually be right and that science agrees with what I think. Kind of why I'll need to take it easy and relax. It could be one "hell" of a storm heading my way. If you don't get it, science doesn't get update like apps on your electronic media does. We're not using P4 chips and floppy discs either. Yet in science, it seems that new understandings didn't make it into the rest of the fields that they're associated with.
This means that all I need to do is work on my projects. I'll need to refine my constant in astrophysics. After that, I'll just need to remember that I can take it easy. After all, a lot of people know math better than I do and yet I'll be doing something new.
Edited on 24-09-2021 16:33
25-09-2021 07:51
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
James___ wrote:
It is kind of mind blowing that I should be able to change both atmospheric chemistry and astrophysics at the same time. To give you an idea, people might wish they could do something but that's not something anyone ever dreams about doing. And this is because how atmospheric air pressure was determined has been forgotten about. It changes things.
Then this will allow me to show how the Earth, Venus and Mars all have atmospheric air pressure relative to each other. Something that scientists have missed because they think atmospheric air pressure is 1013.25 millibars which it isn't.
And for what I am building, I'll be doing the final test next week. It should work. If so then it will show that resistance creates work. A basic concept is a hydro-electric dam. As a result of resistance energy is converted from one form to another. Resistance allows for the conservation of energy. Of course with the wheel, resistance will change the balance of the wheel relative to its axle and not the fulcrum controlling the swing of the weight. And if it proves to work, scientists and engineers will have trouble considering something that's not taught in school.
Air pressure will be more of the same. Yet my math will "argue" that it needs to be lower because then it will allow for relationships in our solar system to be based on gravity as both Einstein and Newton described. What Newton described was a "general" theory of gravity while Einstein showed how gravity acts on energy. If you guys don't get it, Venus is both denser and heavier then the Earth but scientists say that's not true.
And since math is generally accepted everywhere, this blows my mind that I might actually be right and that science agrees with what I think. Kind of why I'll need to take it easy and relax. It could be one "hell" of a storm heading my way. If you don't get it, science doesn't get update like apps on your electronic media does. We're not using P4 chips and floppy discs either. Yet in science, it seems that new understandings didn't make it into the rest of the fields that they're associated with.
This means that all I need to do is work on my projects. I'll need to refine my constant in astrophysics. After that, I'll just need to remember that I can take it easy. After all, a lot of people know math better than I do and yet I'll be doing something new.


Yeah, perpetual motion machines have been around for centuries. Lots of really, really smart people dedicated their lives to realize the dream. Unfortunately, none ever succeed. Most fail to break the laws of physics. I have often wonder how some work do in outer space, with gravity. Don't think it would be perpetual motion, but better use of energy used.
25-09-2021 16:14
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Yeah, perpetual motion machines have been around for centuries. Lots of really, really smart people dedicated their lives to realize the dream. Unfortunately, none ever succeed. Most fail to break the laws of physics. I have often wonder how some work do in outer space, with gravity. Don't think it would be perpetual motion, but better use of energy used.



You do realize that perpetual motion is impossible, right? Heat (Q) must be added to any system in order for work to be done. This is basic science. I only use the term "perpetual motion" because that is the term that scientists use for conserving heat as mechanical energy. I'm going along to get along.


p.s., some basic math for a 1 kg mass which has 9.8 n-m of force at rest (hint, at rest matters, we're talking science, right?).
Let's say it is traveling at 4.905 m/s, 9.81 m/s and at 14.715 m/s. We can use
change in U = Q - W. The triangle is Delta which represents change. The periods or dots are necessary to keep everything positioned/aligned.

...1/2Mass * Velocity^2 = kinetic energy
......1 kg * 4.905^2,,,,= 12.03 j
......1 kg * 9.81^2......= 48.12 j
......1 kg * 14.715^2..= 108.26 j

Then if we convert j/s or joules for how many seconds we get watts. With my microwave, since it is rated at 1100 watts, this means that it is converting 1,100 joules per second into microwaves.
If you notice, I showed velocities at 1/2, 1 and 1 1/2 times the acceleration of gravity. And if that same 1 kg weight is at rest (0 m/s), it has no kinetic energy because it is not moving.
This lets us know that the Earth's gravitational field can increase the kinetic energy that a given (specific) mass/weight has. And since kinetic energy can
be considered as heat, it can perform work in a system.


p.s., it might be easier to think of it as Q - W = deltaU. U would basically be the Earth's gravitational field. And deltaU would show the change in U because a part of its heat content is being converted into work.
And if anyone doesn't understand this, I can only suggest learning some math and science. And in order to cheat the laws of physics, more work would have to be done than what Q allows for.
Attached image:


Edited on 25-09-2021 16:35
25-09-2021 17:52
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Basically when gravity is converted into kinetic energy, then
kinetic energy = joules. This is where U is the Earth's gravitational field so we could say that U - Q = work. And at the same time the amount of energy associated with the Earth does not change because work + Q = U.
Edited on 25-09-2021 17:53
25-09-2021 18:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10007)
James___ wrote:Basically when gravity is converted into kinetic energy,

Nope.

Gravity is a force. Energy is energy. Energy can change forms but no force can somehow convert to energy.

You are referring to potential energy (elevation in this case) converting to energy. In order for a mass to accelerate due to gravity, energy was involved in elevating that mass, thus becoming stored potential.

Potential energy is converted to another form of energy, to kinetic energy in this case.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-09-2021 18:54
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
There is no free lunch, except in 'liberal-world'. Work requires energy. Not all energy is perfectly converted to the work we desire. There is always some lost in the process, heat, friction, gravity... When you stop providing energy, the work eventually stops. When the jug of corn whiskey is empty, you eventually sober up, feel like shit, then go and buy another jug, to ease the pain...

Democrats can't grasp that they don't have totalitarian control over everyone, and everything. They are obsessed with trying to exert control, even when they repeatedly fail. Persistent buggers... There is always some angle they hope to exploit, to achieve total power and control. When they fail, they form a consensus, deny failing, declare success. They provide polls (marketing tool), to 'prove' most people agree with the consensus, as if it's a settled issue. Of course, nothing useful is ever produced in liberal-world, just a lot of talk, wasted funding, and resources, at the taxpayer expense.
25-09-2021 19:08
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
HarveyH55 wrote:
There is no free lunch, except in 'liberal-world'. Work requires energy. Not all energy is perfectly converted to the work we desire. There is always some lost in the process, heat, friction, gravity... When you stop providing energy, the work eventually stops. When the jug of corn whiskey is empty, you eventually sober up, feel like shit, then go and buy another jug, to ease the pain...

Democrats can't grasp that they don't have totalitarian control over everyone, and everything. They are obsessed with trying to exert control, even when they repeatedly fail. Persistent buggers... There is always some angle they hope to exploit, to achieve total power and control. When they fail, they form a consensus, deny failing, declare success. They provide polls (marketing tool), to 'prove' most people agree with the consensus, as if it's a settled issue. Of course, nothing useful is ever produced in liberal-world, just a lot of talk, wasted funding, and resources, at the taxpayer expense.



Are you suggesting that alcohol lets you accept having done nothing in life?
It does seem to me that you are speaking from personal experience.


p.s., in Russian, there is a "y". It's pronounce more like the o in byorg (Star Trek borg) than either borg or boorg. And it is pronounced kind of deep.
Edited on 25-09-2021 19:35
Page 2 of 3<123>





Join the debate Time Crystal:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Want To Know A Real Leader To Trust Listen, To Follow, You Must Read The Bible Revelation End Time318-07-2021 20:15
It Is Time For All Governments Separate Real Financial Investment vs Fake Gambling Investment031-01-2021 06:57
The Best Last Method To Verify The Savior Messiah Buddha Is Using Time Travel Machine118-01-2021 11:09
All Secret Societies Groups Are Making Deadly Mistakes About The End Time & Do Not Understand Ancient115-01-2021 10:30
I Totally Missed This - Time Person of the Year625-12-2020 06:10
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact