▼ Content

Omicron

Page 4 of 9<<<23456>>>
18-12-2021 21:44
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Well, The Biden vax mandate for private businesses is back on. Court failed to protect American rights to freely choose. Don't think it's over, but more businesses will panic and cave in. It'll still have to get down to getting vaxxed or fired, before I'll even consider getting jabbed. Omicron makes the mandate pointless. The vaxxed still get infected, and still spread this 'deadly' disease... The mandate is purely political, and very harmful to businesses. Fines, and loss of staffing, for those already stressed is bad for America. Next year, is an election year, and I'm confident this issue of overreach an abuse of power is going to get used quite a bit. Only two weeks to fully comply, is unreasonable. There is going to be an extension, or two... There are going to be more challenges, maybe an appeal to the Supreme Court. The cost of not continuing to challenge, is a lot more, than legal costs. If nothing more, businesses need the challenges, just to buy time, to figure out how to deal with the mandate. They need to make sure all employees are, or will get vaccinated. Manage and monitor weekly testing/mask wearing, for those who don't. The staff that quit/fired, need to be replaced, with vaccinated people. Seriously limits the pool of prospects.

Biden loses the House, I expect to see an impeachment over this mandate.

Oh if you decide to test for lymohocytes, the test is a complete white blood cell count, and white blood cell differential.

The alternative weekly testing, is getting nose-raped with a long Q-tip. Which is simply to find some trace of any strain of a coronavirus. Doesn't necessarily indicate you are infected with covid-19. There are two strains of coronavirus classified as causing common colds... Coronavirus is common in pets and livestock as well. Those strains don't infect humans (yet). Still close enough to trigger a positive on a covid-19 test...

Most everything in our body, has multiple functions. Highly efficient, not often specialized. People tend to focus on one specific function, not the entire system. Sounds more dire an a simplistic. Covid-19 is the money maker. Anything you can blame on covid, will get you grant money. Doesn't make it so, or that the researchers even care. They want the free money, so they can do semi-related work. The covid connection, probably isn't there, but they still get to study what they wanted, and figure out what they wanted to study in the first place, but could get funded. Our immune system does a lot more than fight off viruses and bacteria. You have an allergy, the symptoms are your immune system removing the offensive substance. You get injured, your immune system removes damaged/dead tissue/cells. The body isn't just a collection of individual systems, with specialized tasks. Everything works together. There is a main function, but the all support and assist each other.
18-12-2021 23:45
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

"The increases in the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, (which was previously shown to cause bone marrow and thymic aplasia), together with other putative mechanisms, including direct damage of lymphoid tissues and apoptosis of lymphocytes, are presumably the primary causes of the profound lymphopenia observed in patients infected with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV2)"

COVID 19 causes low lymphocytes, probably because of damage to your thymus gland or thymic functions.

Covid19 doesn't attack the thymus.

COVID 19 and it's vaccines increase levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, (which has been shown to cause bone marrow and thymic aplasia).

The main function of cytokines is to help in signaling molecules that mediate and regulate immunity, inflammation and hematopoiesis. Cytokines are a large group of proteins, peptides or glycoproteins that are secreted by specific cells of immune system.

Aplasia is a condition in which an organ, limb, or other body part does not develop.

Covid19 doesn't attack the thymus or the bone marrow.

Your comment is irrelevant, because I have described it is the inflammatory cytokines, triggered by covid 19, which cause problems for the thymus and bone marrow regulation of lymphocytes.

Why do you make deceptive replies?

Edited on 18-12-2021 23:50
19-12-2021 00:00
(1643)
Let's look at another infamous Parrot squawk.

COVID 19 doesn't kill.

Technically it triggers your immune system to kill you.

So much bandwidth this loser wastes on deceptive comments.

19-12-2021 03:18
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I would like to weigh in with a reality check.Covid is a nasty bug that is highly infectious.Wearing a mask helps to stop you infecting other people.If they are wearing a mask as well it all helps.It is not the big fix but it helps.Authorities have to do something or at least seem to be doing something.I have had 2 shots because I could and last week I started a new job as receivals storeman at farmer jacks and it is everything I wished for and I would have to be vacced.I will not be getting boosters unless I have to.Typhoid Mary claimed she was being picked on as an immigrant but the truth is the bitch was infecting everyone she met.An outbreak of cholera in London was traced back to a public drinking fountain.It is not reasonable to just deny its real.
19-12-2021 04:20
(5197)
duncan61 wrote:
I would like to weigh in with a reality check.Covid is a nasty bug that is highly infectious.Wearing a mask helps to stop you infecting other people.If they are wearing a mask as well it all helps.It is not the big fix but it helps.Authorities have to do something or at least seem to be doing something.I have had 2 shots because I could and last week I started a new job as receivals storeman at farmer jacks and it is everything I wished for and I would have to be vacced.I will not be getting boosters unless I have to.Typhoid Mary claimed she was being picked on as an immigrant but the truth is the bitch was infecting everyone she met.An outbreak of cholera in London was traced back to a public drinking fountain.It is not reasonable to just deny its real.

Not really such a 'nasty bug', just a new cold virus to the human species. All the other strains listed as cold and flu, wrecked havoc on the human population, when they were new as well. There is a lot of hype and hysteria, but the numbers really don't add up to a fast spreading, deadly disease. 75-80% of the fatalities, are still in the 65+ club, with age related chronic health issues. The average life expectancy is 73 years... This is the same group, that typically make up about 70% of the fatalities, pandemic, or not. Just like some people like to play with semantics. There are some that like to play with statistics. I.m not into playing such games, but I do understand how they work.

I work in a warehouse, with a little over 1,000 employees (not all on the same shift). We mostly work without masks (optional). Many of us work 3 feet or less apart. Break room is usually crowded, and unmasked as well. We have had cases, but our record stands at 4 in one week. From all the hype and hysteria, we should have had a major outbreak by now. It's a huge, nationwide company, with 29 similar divisions. Corporate would have set some strict policies, if we had a major outbreak in any of the other divisions. We are self-insured. Meaning the company pays all medical costs, beyond our deductibles

The vaccinations last 6-8 months. You'll be expected to get a booster every year, for the rest of your life...
19-12-2021 16:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
duncan61 wrote:
I would like to weigh in with a reality check bunch of nonsense.

Alrighty. Have at it!

duncan61 wrote:
Covid is a nasty bug that is highly infectious.

Covid is a rather mild virus. Its severity and infectivity is akin to flu viruses. It MIGHT induce pneumonia, as any cold and flu virus might do, and pneumonia on the other hand is no joke, so make sure to catch it early and treat it properly.

duncan61 wrote:
Wearing a mask helps to stop you infecting other people.

Wearing a mask does absolutely nothing of the sort.

duncan61 wrote:
If they are wearing a mask as well it all helps.

Wearing a mask does absolutely nothing of the sort. Viruses are far too small and mask pores are far too large.

Additionally, even if you WERE to be gullible, uninformed, and believe in such tripe, masks do not form a perfect seal and masks are not worn 24/7/365. An imperfect seal allows viruses to go right through, and any time that a mask is removed is time for viruses to enter right in and make residence.

Mask wearing is 0% effective at stopping viruses and 100% effective at looking like a non-thinking hypochondriac doofus.

duncan61 wrote:
It is not the big fix but it helps.

It doesn't even help. Masks are 0% effective at stopping viruses.

duncan61 wrote:
Authorities have to do something or at least seem to be doing something.

Incomplete thought.

duncan61 wrote:
I have had 2 shots because I could

That's a rather stupid reason to get shots.

duncan61 wrote:
and last week I started a new job as receivals storeman at farmer jacks and it is everything I wished for and I would have to be vacced.

This sounds more like the reason why you got shots (for a job).

duncan61 wrote:
I will not be getting boosters unless I have to.

Guess what... Daddy Government says that you have to... OR ELSE!! So yes, you will be getting boosters in order to remain "fully vaccinated" and to keep your COVID Pass functioning, and you will enjoy being needle raped every X number of months for the rest of your life. OR you can join in on the massive protests (that mainstream media ignores) against said needle rape.

duncan61 wrote:
Typhoid Mary claimed she was being picked on as an immigrant but the truth is the bitch was infecting everyone she met.An outbreak of cholera in London was traced back to a public drinking fountain.It is not reasonable to just deny its real.

Meh.
19-12-2021 19:03
(5197)
It's pretty obvious that the vaccines don't remotely live up to the marketing hype. America is around 60% vaccinated. With record high new cases in many states. Some considerably higher, than in 2020, before the vaccines. The vaccines, and prior infection, should be reducing the numbers of new cases. Wonder if a fully compliant business can sue OSHA, if the still get covid cases? The mandate will hurt the business. Should OSHA be held accountable, if their policy fails to protect? Most any other policy, that harms a business, or employees, is lawsuit material.

This is clearly extortion, and needs to be prosecuted. Employees that needed the vaccine, for themselves, or because they are in contact with someone at high-risk, already got it. Some bought into the marketing hype. Or, just gave in, as it would be the simplest way to protect their income. There really shouldn't be 10's of millions of employees not in compliance.
19-12-2021 19:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
duncan61 wrote:I would like to weigh in with a crap-load of stupid

Face masks are great for construction workers in high dust/paint/chemical environments. The particles are in the double-digit micron range or larger.

Face masks are totally impotent against a virus. Face masks don't even help. A virus is roughly one tenth of a micron in diameter and the smallest holes in a face mask are greater than three microns.

Do you believe the arch of St. Louis would effectively prevent pedestrian traffic on a sidewalk? Would it even "help"? What do you genuinely believe?

Please review gfm7175's coverage of this topic on Politiplex which addresses all aspects of this topic from all angles, especially all the misconceptions you have. Feel free to report anything inaccurate that you find there but please review it before you vomit a whole lot of your gullibility into this forum. It has already been covered. Face masks don't help. COVID is just like any other flu, except milder than average.

https://politiplex.freeforums.net/thread/68/cult-mask

duncan61 wrote:Covid is a nasty bug

Nope. You are obviously a pussy hypochondriac who exaggerates greatly. COVID is a mild flu. Please notice that the world never felt the need to fly into one of your exaggerated panics for any other flu season, not even for the 2017 flu that was far more severe than COVID-19 which apparently needed a name in order to get Trump out of office.

Read up. Stop being so gullible.
19-12-2021 20:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Your Ayn Rand fantasy has nothing to do with with COVID 19.

Wrong wording. The correct wording would have been:

"Into the Night, because I am legally brain-dead, I'm not quite capable of understanding how the phony COVID crisis that was fabricated by a tyrannical government is in some way a phony COVID crisis fabricated by a tyrannical government ... and I don't quite understand how stolen elections relate to a tyrannical government that wants to use a phony COVID crisis to steal elections ... and I don't understand how Colgate manages to get toothpaste into the tube. And what do we use soap for again?"

Spongy Iris wrote:Here you go. Try reading for a change instead of parroting your crap over and over.

Hey moron, try thinking for a change instead of reaching for someone's publication so that you can substitute the author's predetermined conclusions for the ideas that you might have otherwise had.

Spongy Iris wrote: "The increases in the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines in leukemia patients, (which was previously shown to cause bone marrow and thymic aplasia), together with other putative mechanisms, including direct damage of lymphoid tissues and apoptosis of lymphocytes, are presumably the primary causes of the profound lymphopenia observed in patients coincidentally infected with severe but totally unrelated and irrelevant acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV2)"

So what's your point ... beyond not having any sort of coherent point?

I already told you my point. Covid 19 causes low lymphocytes. Did you forget???

You aren't making any point. You are just repeating your random BS.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-12-2021 20:45
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

"The increases in the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, (which was previously shown to cause bone marrow and thymic aplasia), together with other putative mechanisms, including direct damage of lymphoid tissues and apoptosis of lymphocytes, are presumably the primary causes of the profound lymphopenia observed in patients infected with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV2)"

Pivot fallacy. Buzzword fallacies. Fear mongering.

No argument presented.

You might have to look up some of the medical definitions. But if you try to understand the subject matter, you should see how it supports my points.

You are not making any point.

COVID 19 causes low lymphocytes, probably because of damage to your thymus gland or thymic functions.

Covid19 does not attack the thymus.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-12-2021 20:46
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:I already told you my point. Covid 19 causes low lymphocytes. Did you forget???

Right, but you never made any coherent point. COVID doesn't affect bone marrow and thus it has no effect on lymphocytes. Your gibberish is nonsensical and is something one would expect to hear from a guy wearing a straight jacket in a rubber room with froth on his lips.

You are apparently under the mistaken impression that because you are gullible and allow others to F with you that your gibberish somehow comes across as intelligent and makes you appear thmart. You won't bother to read up on why you are wrong because, well, that would force you out of your mental safe space and into the harsh, cold reality where science totally dominates the conversation ... and you aren't anywhere near being prepared for that.

... but you're certainly done on this topic in this forum. You're just wrong.

You apparently can't understand medical literature, and proudly profess your ignorance. Good luck with that.

Medicine is not literature. Neither is science.

The Parrot Killer

19-12-2021 20:46
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Pivot fallacy. Buzzword fallacies. Fear mongering.

No argument presented.

You might have to look up some of the medical definitions. But if you try to understand the subject matter, you should see how it supports my points.

You are not making any point.

COVID 19 and it's vaccines increase levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, (which has been shown to cause bone marrow and thymic aplasia).

The main function of cytokines is to help in signaling molecules that mediate and regulate immunity, inflammation and hematopoiesis. Cytokines are a large group of proteins, peptides or glycoproteins that are secreted by specific cells of immune system.

Aplasia is a condition in which an organ, limb, or other body part does not develop.

Covid19 does not attack bone marrow or the thymus.

The Parrot Killer

19-12-2021 20:48
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Well, The Biden vax mandate for private businesses is back on. Court failed to protect American rights to freely choose. Don't think it's over, but more businesses will panic and cave in. It'll still have to get down to getting vaxxed or fired, before I'll even consider getting jabbed. Omicron makes the mandate pointless. The vaxxed still get infected, and still spread this 'deadly' disease... The mandate is purely political, and very harmful to businesses. Fines, and loss of staffing, for those already stressed is bad for America. Next year, is an election year, and I'm confident this issue of overreach an abuse of power is going to get used quite a bit. Only two weeks to fully comply, is unreasonable. There is going to be an extension, or two... There are going to be more challenges, maybe an appeal to the Supreme Court. The cost of not continuing to challenge, is a lot more, than legal costs. If nothing more, businesses need the challenges, just to buy time, to figure out how to deal with the mandate. They need to make sure all employees are, or will get vaccinated. Manage and monitor weekly testing/mask wearing, for those who don't. The staff that quit/fired, need to be replaced, with vaccinated people. Seriously limits the pool of prospects.

Biden loses the House, I expect to see an impeachment over this mandate.

Oh if you decide to test for lymohocytes, the test is a complete white blood cell count, and white blood cell differential.

The alternative weekly testing, is getting nose-raped with a long Q-tip. Which is simply to find some trace of any strain of a coronavirus. Doesn't necessarily indicate you are infected with covid-19. There are two strains of coronavirus classified as causing common colds... Coronavirus is common in pets and livestock as well. Those strains don't infect humans (yet). Still close enough to trigger a positive on a covid-19 test...

Most everything in our body, has multiple functions. Highly efficient, not often specialized. People tend to focus on one specific function, not the entire system. Sounds more dire an a simplistic. Covid-19 is the money maker. Anything you can blame on covid, will get you grant money. Doesn't make it so, or that the researchers even care. They want the free money, so they can do semi-related work. The covid connection, probably isn't there, but they still get to study what they wanted, and figure out what they wanted to study in the first place, but could get funded. Our immune system does a lot more than fight off viruses and bacteria. You have an allergy, the symptoms are your immune system removing the offensive substance. You get injured, your immune system removes damaged/dead tissue/cells. The body isn't just a collection of individual systems, with specialized tasks. Everything works together. There is a main function, but the all support and assist each other.

Even an individual cell is that way.

The Parrot Killer

19-12-2021 20:49
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Covid19 doesn't attack the thymus or the bone marrow.

Your comment is irrelevant, because I have described it is the inflammatory cytokines, triggered by covid 19, which cause problems for the thymus and bone marrow regulation of lymphocytes.

Why do you make deceptive replies?

YOU are making deceptive posts. You are describing yourself.

The Parrot Killer

19-12-2021 20:50
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:

COVID 19 doesn't kill.

Covid19 is not AIDS. Covid19 does not kill. Nothing directs your immune system to kill you, not even AIDS.

The Parrot Killer

19-12-2021 21:00
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
I would like to weigh in with a reality check.

Before you do that, you are going to have to define 'reality'. Betcha can't.
duncan61 wrote:
Covid is a nasty bug that is highly infectious.Wearing a mask helps to stop you infecting other people.

If you are sick, go home or get treatment. Don't wander around in public with a mask!
duncan61 wrote:
If they are wearing a mask as well it all helps.

If you believe wearing a mask prevents infection, why are you demanding another wear a mask?? Paradox M. They can't infect you if they are not infected.
duncan61 wrote:
It is not the big fix but it helps.

Masks are completely ineffective against a virus.
duncan61 wrote:
Authorities have to do something

Why?
duncan61 wrote:
or at least seem to be doing something.

Why?
duncan61 wrote:
have had 2 shots because I could

No, not because you could. Because you were ORDERED to get them.
duncan61 wrote:
and last week I started a new job as receivals storeman at farmer jacks and it is everything I wished for and I would have to be vacced.

You were ORDERED to get your vaccination right here.
duncan61 wrote:
I will not be getting boosters unless I have to.

You will have to. You will be ORDERED to do so.

Don't pass this off as a voluntary thing. Let's make that very clear right now.
duncan61 wrote:
Typhoid Mary claimed she was being picked on as an immigrant but the truth is the bitch was infecting everyone she met.

She was infected. If you are infected, go home or get treatment. Don't wander around in public, even with a mask. Salmonella is a bacterium, not a virus. Easily treatable now.
duncan61 wrote:
An outbreak of cholera in London was traced back to a public drinking fountain.

Covid19 is not a waterborne virus. Cholera is a bacterium, not a virus. Easily treatable now.
duncan61 wrote:
It is not reasonable to just deny its real.

Define 'real'. There's that buzzword again.

Covid19 exists. It is an airborne virus. It is a variant of the Covid/SARS series of viruses (about a couple of dozen known variants). NONE of these viruses kill.

Paradox M. Paradox V. You are being irrational. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 19-12-2021 21:01
19-12-2021 21:03
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's pretty obvious that the vaccines don't remotely live up to the marketing hype. America is around 60% vaccinated. With record high new cases in many states. Some considerably higher, than in 2020, before the vaccines. The vaccines, and prior infection, should be reducing the numbers of new cases. Wonder if a fully compliant business can sue OSHA, if the still get covid cases? The mandate will hurt the business. Should OSHA be held accountable, if their policy fails to protect? Most any other policy, that harms a business, or employees, is lawsuit material.

This is clearly extortion, and needs to be prosecuted. Employees that needed the vaccine, for themselves, or because they are in contact with someone at high-risk, already got it. Some bought into the marketing hype. Or, just gave in, as it would be the simplest way to protect their income. There really shouldn't be 10's of millions of employees not in compliance.

What?!? The government extorting people, including their OWN CITIZENS??!?

Glad so see you have opened your eyes.

The Parrot Killer

19-12-2021 21:34
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:

You are describing yourself.

19-12-2021 21:38
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

COVID 19 doesn't kill.

Covid19 is not AIDS. Covid19 does not kill. Nothing directs your immune system to kill you, not even AIDS.

Having low lymphocytes puts you at risk for breakthrough infections. People who have suffered COVID 19 and been vaccinated have low lymphocyte counts.

Repeated covid 19 infections and vaccinations might erode your lymphatic system so much that many kinds of minor infections, which were once upon a time harmless, will become life threatening, or deadly.

Edited on 19-12-2021 22:20
19-12-2021 21:40
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:

Increased levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines has been shown to cause bone marrow and thymic aplasia.

19-12-2021 22:34
(14414)
Spongy Iris wrote:Increased levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines has been shown to cause bone marrow and thymic aplasia.

No, this has not been shown. You apparently don't know how to read infomercials.

Have you ever heard the phrase "correlation is not causation"? You haven't, have you? You played hooky when you were supposed to have been learning "passive voice" in grammar school, didn't you? ... and you never got the notes from anyone, right?

Try again.

Try using science and actual biology rather than internet informercials.
19-12-2021 23:35
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Spongy Iris,
Do you have any medical credentials?
If so, what are they?
19-12-2021 23:55
(14414)
keepit wrote:Spongy Iris, Do you have any medical credentials?
If so, what are they?

keepit, are you still not aware that this is an anonymous, internet forum of ideas?

What do you imagine would be changed by any response whatsoever to your query?

[hint: none whatsoever]

What can any rational adult recognize about Spongy Iris' comments up to this point to realize that he has no understanding of basic human physiology?

[hint: he can't construct an explanation using biology, he can only babble incohenrely in panic-driven stand-alone buzz-wordisms.]
20-12-2021 00:00
(5197)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

COVID 19 doesn't kill.

Having low lymphocytes puts you at risk for breakthrough infections. People who have suffered COVID 19 and been vaccinated have low lymphocyte counts.

Repeated covid 19 infections and vaccinations might erode your lymphatic system so much that many kinds of minor infections, which were once upon a time harmless, will become life threatening, or deadly.

Covid is a mild infection for over 90% of the cases... Just like any of the other cold viruses floating around. Each dose of vaccine, is a simulated infection, to provoke the same immune response as the virus. Milder, actually, since doctors do typically inject crap that will make you just a sick, or worse, than the virus.

The immune response, is pretty much the same for any infection, or allergy. We don't always feel obvious symptoms, while our immune system is doing it's work.
20-12-2021 00:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
I'm just curious.
Let me suggest that sometimes you try not to be so literal.

Spongy does have some understanding of human physiology. If you want to have any credibility with me, stop exaggerating.
Edited on 20-12-2021 00:42
20-12-2021 00:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
Spongy Iris,
Do you have any medical credentials?
If so, what are they?

For what Spongy Iris posted, it would require a more in depth discussion. It might get into what types of proteins affect what chains of causality. I mean steak is protein but what proteins are in the human body?
Proteins do influence how other cells function. This discussion might be worse than my saying CO2 is helping the ozone layer to recover as the IPCC has reported.

p.s., after proteins then we get into amino acids. It's how the body breaks down material it has ingested to support itself. Just basic biology. An example is that leukemia is caused by an abnormal protein which interacts with other proteins.
Kind of like eating steak increases enzymes in the intestines which increase the risk of cancer. Just basic stuff everyone knows.
With leukemia, it affects bone marrow which in turn affects the lymphatic system. And the body's ability to fight infection starts with bone marrow which would be an extremely involved discuss.
Edited on 20-12-2021 01:39
20-12-2021 02:50
(14414)
James___ wrote:For what Spongy Iris posted, it would require a more in depth discussion.

The opposite. His gibberish is dismissed immediately. He's spewing hyped fear and panic just because he read some misinformation on the internet and is only now regretting having dropped out of highschool.

James___ wrote:It might get into what types of proteins affect what chains of causality.

I think you mean to say that we would need to discuss the chains of causality, i.e. the biological models that exist, involving types of proteins. No types of proteins, however, have any power to alter physics and affect the actual chains of causality.

Let's let Spongy Iris stop foaming at the mouth, snap out of his stupor, and take a moment to form a coherent thought that isn't panic-driven insanity.

Shall we? Yes, I think we shall.
20-12-2021 02:56
(14414)
keepit wrote:ibd, I'm just curious.

Then learn to read. After that, read my post. Read it a second time and fully understand what I wrote.

You asked about credentials on an anonymous internet forum. That was stupid.

Learn to read.

keepit wrote:Let me suggest that sometimes you try not to be so literal.

Let me suggest that you learn to read and keep up with this board. If you would do that then you'll see that I am an expert at knowing when to be figurative, when to be literal, when to be appreciate valid points and when to call booolsch't. Until you learn to read, you'll be relegated to guessing on everything.

Learn to read.

keepit wrote:Spongy does have some understanding of human physiology.

Why should any rational adult believe that?

keepit wrote: If you want to have any credibility with me,

Why would any rational adult seek credibility with you?

Learn to read.

Moron.
20-12-2021 03:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:For what Spongy Iris posted, it would require a more in depth discussion.

The opposite. His gibberish is dismissed immediately. He's spewing hyped fear and panic just because he read some misinformation on the internet and is only now regretting having dropped out of highschool.

James___ wrote:It might get into what types of proteins affect what chains of causality.

I think you mean to say that we would need to discuss the chains of causality, i.e. the biological models that exist, involving types of proteins. No types of proteins, however, have any power to alter physics and affect the actual chains of causality.

Let's let Spongy Iris stop foaming at the mouth, snap out of his stupor, and take a moment to form a coherent thought that isn't panic-driven insanity.

Shall we? Yes, I think we shall.

This gets technical. The bone marrow generates immature T-cells. Those are matured in the thymus. Then they help the body's autoimmune system to identify and fight disease.
Basically why some researchers want to do stem cell research. Bone marrow generates specific cells which other glands in the body will mature. This is where if something like covid damages the thymus then it cannot mature cells which would fight such infections.

p.s., and now we need to find out how different covid variants affect the thymus.
Edited on 20-12-2021 04:02
20-12-2021 05:18
(14414)
James___ wrote:This gets technical.

Nope. Gibberish is not technical ... it is nonsense. Spongy Iris needs to start speaking in English at the adults' table, not in play-pretend with the kids in the "clubhouse."

James___ wrote:The bone marrow generates immature T-cells.

You need to be careful with your wording. Bone marrow produces healthy, complete lymphocytes. Yes, the thymus strengthens T-lymphocytes, by definition. The "T" stands for "Thymus."

Then you have the B-lymphocytes that don't have anything to do with the thymus. In fact, the thymus stops playing much of a role once we become adults.

For our purposes, we can focus on B-lymphocites. They develop without any thymus and are produced up until the day we die.

James___ wrote:Basically why some researchers want to do stem cell research.

Stem cell research holds a lot of promise ... but rubs several religions the wrong way. Theoretically, stem cells could advance medical technology to be able to cure just about everything and regrow limbs, nerves and other non-regenerating parts of the body, possibly even doubling lifespans or even tripling, quadrupling, who knows?

James___ wrote:Bone marrow generates specific cells which other glands in the body will mature. This is where if something like covid damages the thymus then it cannot mature cells which would fight such infections.

Nope. COVID doesn't attack the thymus and the thymus starts to go into retirement when we reach adulthood. Focus on the B-lymphocytes.

James___ wrote:p.s., and now we need to find out how different covid variants affect the thymus.

They don't. We're done. That was easy.
20-12-2021 09:59
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

You are describing yourself.

Inversion fallacy. More random BS. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

20-12-2021 10:00
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

COVID 19 doesn't kill.

Covid19 does not attack bone marrow nor the thymus. You are just repeating your buzzword crap again.

The Parrot Killer

20-12-2021 10:01
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Increased levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines has been shown to cause bone marrow and thymic aplasia.

Buzzword fallacies. You are making shit up and not even making sense.

The Parrot Killer

20-12-2021 10:02
(21599)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
I'm just curious.

Spongy does have some understanding of human physiology. If you want to have any credibility with me, stop exaggerating.

He has none.
I don't think IBD cares about credibility with you. I certainly don't.

The Parrot Killer

20-12-2021 19:09
(5197)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
I'm just curious.

What would be the benefit of credibility to you? Does he get a promotion/raise? Do you fund research projects?

On the internet, I presume people can obtain credentials, degrees, job experience, military service. Pretty much live in any fantasy world they wish to create for themselves. For some, a complete fabrication. Others, it's only slight embellishments. Some greatly exaggerate. You really can't verify any of it. I just accept people on the internet, for what they are, internet people. Some of the fantasy people can be entertaining at times, even when often obnoxious.

Here, the forum title, clearly states that people come here to debate. I'm not really into debate, or arguing, so I tend to step to the side, when the game begins. Don't really need the aggravation and frustration. Rather just discuss a topic, swap a few insults when it gets a little slow. Best to keep an open mind, and don't take everything too seriously. You can research independently, to verify stuff. Best not use links or source provided in the post you question though. Even 'reliable' sources, have been know to misinform, deceive.
20-12-2021 19:34
(1643)
James___ wrote:

This gets technical. The bone marrow generates immature T-cells. Those are matured in the thymus. Then they help the body's autoimmune system to identify and fight disease.
Basically why some researchers want to do stem cell research. Bone marrow generates specific cells which other glands in the body will mature. This is where if something like covid damages the thymus then it cannot mature cells which would fight such infections.

p.s., and now we need to find out how different covid variants affect the thymus.

I'm thinking it might be the pro inflammatory cytokines which are harmful to the thymus and/or lymphatic system.

Since I got vaccinated in September I have had this extra strong pump feeling near my thymus. It is not my heart because the pump does not keep time with my pulse.

And in December I only had 1300 lymphocytes per microliter of a blood sample, which is very low for me. I also had 11800 total white blood cells per microliter of the blood sample, which is way above average.

I read some advice online that said short and shallow breaths is how you control your thymus. This certainly works for me to stop that alarming pumping sensation I feel near my thymus. Avoiding exercise and stress, and staying relaxed, is also a must to maintain that kind of breathing pattern.

The doc who looked at my blood work also advised anti inflammatory drugs. I think this might be good to counter the pro inflammatory cytokines.

I have read zinc is good for your thymus. Later today I'm planning to go to Whole Foods to buy a bunch of oysters which I can slurp down with some lemon juice and Tabasco sauce.

20-12-2021 20:57
(14414)
Spongy Iris wrote:I'm thinking it might be the pro inflammatory cytokines which are harmful to the thymus and/or lymphatic system.

Why are you thinking this? Is it because you have no understanding of human physiology? Those who have even a modicum of understanding of human physiology know that COVID does not somehow cause cytokines to begin attacking the thymus or bone marrow or the lymphatic system. Those who have some understanding of human physiology understand that COVID is not a form of cancer, and thus do not pretend to equate COVID with leukemia.

Spongy Iris wrote:Since I got vaccinated in September I have had this extra strong pump feeling near my thymus.

You're imagining things. Ignorance incites fear which causes the imagination to go bonkers. Your imagination has gone bonkers.

I am convinced that the COVID vaccines are placebos; I had absolutely no resulting effects whatsoever.

Spongy Iris wrote: It is not my heart because the pump does not keep time with my pulse.

Maybe your problem is that you are undead, which would explain why your heartbeat is erratic and not linked to your bodily functions and why your understanding of physiology is less than stellar.

Spongy Iris wrote:And in December I only had 1300 lymphocytes per microliter of a blood sample, which is very low for me. I also had 11800 total white blood cells per microliter of the blood sample, which is way above average.

You still haven't explained why you somehow believe that a vaccine has anything to do with it. Why not the peanut butter and jelly sandwich that you had for lunch the week before? That's just as unrelated. How about your confusion of a skydiver for an alien UFO? Maybe that scared the lymphocytes out of you?

Why do you insist that a vaccine somehow is doing all this? How have you eliminated ALL other possibilities? Why should any rational adult believe that you aren't just imagining all this because of your inherent gullibility?
20-12-2021 21:30
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Spongy,
Upon more careful scrutiny i see that you don't have any real medical training. That's ok, it's not mandatory.
Now if you're sick go see a doctor.

ibd,
maybe i should apologize to you about your opinion as to spongy's medical knowledge. I guess he's wrong about a lot of his medical statements.
21-12-2021 01:02
(14414)
keepit wrote:ibd,maybe i should apologize to you about your opinion as to spongy's medical knowledge. I guess he's wrong about a lot of his medical statements.

Apology accepted.
21-12-2021 01:24
(5197)
You do realize it's a pandemic. Mo other infections or illness are possible during a pandemic. All deaths and illnesses are caused by covid-19 during this pandemic. You must get vaccinated, often. If in doubt, go in and get another dose. The vaccines are very safe, and effect. The more doses you get, the better you feel. You aren't just protecting yourself from all injuries, infections, diseases. Getting vaccinated protects others as well. Unfortunately, Omicron is a different strain, and will need a separate booster. Should be available in March 2022, or after a sufficient number of republican voters have died. Which is okay, they planned to change parties anyway, and will still vote democrat in the 2022 midterm elections. Those who died of covid, retain the right to vote democrat.

Covid might be the convenient excuse for all bad things. The holy vaccine is the cure for what ever scares you. But, in reality, covid is just a cold, and the vaccines are just another failed medication. There is no elixir of Never Ending Life, which have been a good selling product for centuries anyway.
Page 4 of 9<<<23456>>>

Join the debate Omicron:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact