Omicron

Page 6 of 9<<<45678>>>
23-12-2021 22:19
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Heat is not retained. IBD is just mimicking Jamesbabble.

Thank you for picking up on that. I did such a good job that I fooled Harvey into thinking I was James__.

... and if my project works out, I'll be able to have a life with my eigensister's Bessler wheel when Christian immigrants deplete the ozone under the Van Allen belt. But this gets into linear psychiatry which allows for corrugated tin.

But since F=ma and E=mc^2 you must allow for the polar conversion. After all, we are talking about the North pole here. The Norwegian jet stream is what provides food for the polar bears.

With E=hv, my project will mean that I'll be able to have a life with frozen plasma physics. Boltzmann died Sep 05, 1906 ... but Christians don't care.

You're right. Christians don't care about my disability. They also hate sex. What's so bad about sex? Harvey sends me nice photos. Harvey likes them too, but you hate them gfm7175? Why? Jesus has no problem with sex. why do you? Boltzman was a good man, a man of high sex count; his sperm were good swimmers. Black body radiation was known before Boltzmann you know. Rosa Parks had a black body, and nobody knows radiation better than Marie Curie.
23-12-2021 22:43
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Heat is not retained. IBD is just mimicking Jamesbabble.

Thank you for picking up on that. I did such a good job that I fooled Harvey into thinking I was James__.

... and if my project works out, I'll be able to have a life with my eigensister's Bessler wheel when Christian immigrants deplete the ozone under the Van Allen belt. But this gets into linear psychiatry which allows for corrugated tin.

But since F=ma and E=mc^2 you must allow for the polar conversion. After all, we are talking about the North pole here. The Norwegian jet stream is what provides food for the polar bears.

With E=hv, my project will mean that I'll be able to have a life with frozen plasma physics. Boltzmann died Sep 05, 1906 ... but Christians don't care.

You're right. Christians don't care about my disability. They also hate sex. What's so bad about sex? Harvey sends me nice photos. Harvey likes them too, but you hate them gfm7175? Why? Jesus has no problem with sex. why do you? Boltzman was a good man, a man of high sex count; his sperm were good swimmers. Black body radiation was known before Boltzmann you know. Rosa Parks had a black body, and nobody knows radiation better than Marie Curie.

Here's the thing about Boltzman. The project he pursued allowed for him to have a better life. However, following his death in 1906, he no longer had a better life. This might have been overlooked.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
23-12-2021 23:30
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Here's the thing about Boltzman. The project he pursued allowed for him to have a better life. However, following his death in 1906, he no longer had a better life. This might have been overlooked.

Soon after his return to Vienna, his health further declined, along with his mental state. He lived in constant fear of "suddenly losing his mind and memory during a lecture", suffered from asthma and headaches, and was too short sighted to read by himself. In 1906, his physician attested that he suffered from neurasthenia and had to abstain from any scientific activity.

He hanged himself four months later during a holiday with his family in Duino, near Trieste, Italy, without leaving a note.

https://paperpile.com/blog/ludwig-boltzmann/

Edited on 23-12-2021 23:47
23-12-2021 23:37
(1643)
Another study showing thymus disorder following COVID 19 infection.

"Protective reactive thymus hyperplasia in COVID-19 acute respiratory distress syndrome"

"Eighty-seven patients were studied: 50 COVID patients and 37 controls. Non-atrophic or enlarged thymus was more commonly observed in COVID patients than in controls (66% vs. 24%, p < 0.0001). "

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33397460/

23-12-2021 23:45
(1643)
And another one.

Thymic hyperplasia after mRNA based Covid-19 vaccination

Reactive lymphadenopathy with increased 18F-Fluordeoxyglucose uptake in positron emission tomography/computed tomography scans is known after mRNA vaccination (BNT162B2, mRNA-1273).

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34462647/

24-12-2021 00:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
Spongy Iris wrote:Another study showing thymus disorder following COVID 19 infection.

... following a coincidental COVID infection and not caused by it. The authors will not reveal who funded the "study" and they specifically avoid any chain of causality leading from a COVID infection to a thymus disorder ... and they completely omit all information about how unimportant such a thymus condition would be to someone beyond teenage years.

No science. Pure hype. Intentionally misleading title. Deliberate omissions. Secrecy in funding.

Hmmmmm.

Yep, this is your kind of article.
24-12-2021 01:50
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]Spongy Iris wrote:
The authors will not reveal who funded the "study" and they specifically avoid any chain of causality leading from a COVID infection to a thymus disorder ... and they completely omit all information about how unimportant such a thymus condition would be to someone beyond teenage years.

The National Institute of Health is who published the study. Assume that taxpayers funded the study.

You want causality, here you go.

Interleukin-6 overproduction by cultured thymic epithelial cells from patients with myasthenia gravis is potentially involved in thymic hyperplasia.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8318672/

Interleukin-6 is an inflammatory cytokine

24-12-2021 02:40
(14406)
Spongy Iris wrote:The National Institute of Health is who published the study.

You shouldn't give a schytt what some organization decided to call itself. Did you really think I would somehow believe the article actually contained different information than what I read once you told me the name of the organization that was the shell organization that published the "study?

Who funded it? I suspect there is a reason no one being allowed to know and it's entirely political in nature. As I said, the article is all hype and no science; it might as well be a script for a Stephen King movie. No valid/rational conclusions can be drawn from the article, only irrational fear and panic of the type you are pushing. This reeks entirely of political agenda.

So no, I don't care that the article was published by the People's National Institute of Social Health or whatever its abbreviation is, e.g. DNC ... I simply don't care. The name of the publisher does not somehow redeem the dishonesty of the propaganda published.

Spongy Iris wrote:Assume that taxpayers funded the study.

Assume George Sorros funded the study.

Spongy Iris wrote:You want causality, here you go.

Yes, I demand the full causality chain and your article does not provide it.

I will post the abstract here and you tell me where the term COVID appears. Please note the words in bold.

Abstract
Most patients with Myasthenia Gravis (MG) present a thymic hyperplasia characterized by the presence of lymphoid follicles. The acetylcholine receptor autoantigen, as well as autoantigen specific activated T and B cells found in the thymus, strongly suggest that auto-sensitization could take place in this organ. Since IL-6 is involved in T and B cell growth and differentiation, we thought that abnormal IL-6 expression by thymic epithelial cells (TEC) could be related to thymic hyperplasia in MG. In this paper, IL-6 protein and gene expression by cultured TEC from patients with MG were examined. TEC from patients presented a dramatic IL-6 hyperproduction phenotype as compared to controls when stimulated by exogenous signals such as LPS and cytokines (IL-1 beta, TNF-alpha) alone or in combination. Moreover, we observed a similar effect with a physiological signal such as the syngeneic lympho-epithelial cell contact. Autologous thymocytes stimulated normal and MG TEC IL-6 production in a time- and dose- dependent way, and with a higher magnitude in MG TEC compared to controls. In all stimulation conditions, induction of IL-6 production required protein synthesis and was associated with increased IL-6 mRNA level expression as assessed by computer-aided quantification after in situ mRNA hybridization. In addition, recombinant IL-6 induced in vitro growth of TEC, demonstrating that IL-6 is a possible autocrine growth factor for these cells. This deregulated IL-6 production as well as the ability of TEC to use it as a growth factor may be of pathophysiological relevance in MG. It provides an explanation for morphological changes of the thymus and may have a key role in initiation, exacerbation and ongoing of the autoimmune response in MG. Therefore this study extends our current understanding of the molecular pathophysiology of MG.

I'm going to open this up to the board. Has Spongy Iris carelessly made a number of erroneous assumptions about this article? ... or is Spongy Iris correct is stating that this pile of technobabble directly links COVID and/or vaccinations to decreased immunity?

What say ye?
24-12-2021 03:05
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Ill be completely honest. I don't understand much of the abstract. I don't need to. These are the same key words and phrases you will find in an article claiming to know why the earth is warming. These are the red flag words and phrases that I found. Probably very similar to IBdaMann, but that dude is a genius and I am not.

Most
suggest
could be
signals
could take place
similar
computer-aided quantification
physiological signal
possible autocrine growth factor
may be
may have a key role
Edited on 24-12-2021 03:06
24-12-2021 03:10
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
You shouldn't give a schytt what some organization decided to call itself.
Assume George Sorros funded the study.

Yes, I demand the full causality chain and your article does not provide it.

I will post the abstract here and you tell me where the term COVID appears.
[quote]Abstract
In this paper, IL-6 protein and gene expression by cultured TEC from patients with MG were examined. TEC from patients presented a dramatic IL-6 hyperproduction phenotype as compared to controls when stimulated by exogenous signals such as LPS and cytokines (IL-1 beta, TNF-alpha) alone or in combination. Moreover, we observed a similar effect with a physiological signal such as the syngeneic lympho-epithelial cell contact. Autologous thymocytes stimulated normal and MG TEC IL-6 production in a time- and dose- dependent way, and with a higher magnitude in MG TEC compared to controls. In all stimulation conditions, induction of IL-6 production required protein synthesis and was associated with increased IL-6 mRNA level expression as assessed by computer-aided quantification after in situ mRNA hybridization. In addition, recombinant IL-6 induced in vitro growth of TEC, demonstrating that IL-6 is a possible autocrine growth factor for these cells. This deregulated IL-6 production as well as the ability of TEC to use it as a growth factor may be of pathophysiological relevance in MG. It provides an explanation for morphological changes of the thymus and may have a key role in initiation, exacerbation and ongoing of the autoimmune response in MG. Therefore this study extends our current understanding of the molecular pathophysiology of MG.

Yes covid 19 is all Geoge Soros' fault. Rolls eyes.

You really can't put 2 and 2 together. What a moron. The causality is overproduction of IL-6.

Edited on 24-12-2021 03:13
24-12-2021 03:17
(14406)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Ill be completely honest. I don't understand much of the abstract. I don't need to. These are the same key words and phrases you will find in an article claiming to know why the earth is warming. These are the red flag words and phrases that I found. Probably very similar to IBdaMann, but that dude is a genius and I am not.

Most
suggest
could be
signals
could take place
similar
physiological signal
may be
may have a key role

Spongy Iris eats this stuff up. He reads your list as

COVID
Infections and Vaccines
Cause
Definite
Deficiency
to Immunoresponse
and causes certain death
in all recorded cases

... i.e. COVID is a death sentence, and so is its vaccine, so we're all F'ed and we really should usher into power whichever oligarchy paid to produce and publish this article. No doubt they can save us, my abject panic tells me so.
24-12-2021 07:42
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Most
suggest
could be
signals
could take place
similar
physiological signal
may be
may have a key role

That's how I grade articles too. They signal no confidence, non-committal, only belief. Science isn't faith-based. Most of these preliminary findings, regardless of field, are worded similarly, to imply much funding is needed, for further study. If they can sufficiently scare the crap out of the reader, they are more generously rewarded with grants. It's not politics, science, or true. Just begging for bucks, tragedy sells.
24-12-2021 08:32
(14406)
Spongy Iris wrote:Yes covid 19 is all Geoge Soros' fault. Rolls eyes.

This is the retort of a pouting child. Of course I never said anything of the sort.

Spongy Iris wrote:You really can't put 2 and 2 together.

You are the one who won't provide the causality chain you are claiming exists. There are no "2"s to add.

Your bizarre logic holds that since someone wrote an article implying a correlation between leukemia and lower white blood cell counts that somehow COVID and vaccinations therefore damage the immune system. You also concluded that a parachute was an alien UFO. What's next?

You put two and two together when you are supposed to be subtracting 13 from 47.

Spongy Iris wrote: The causality is overproduction of IL-6.

Hey moron, pay attention. You causality chain must begin with COVID/vaccinations and end with reduced immunity, showing direct causality between COVID/vaccinations and reduced immunity. Throwing random cause->effects into the conversation do not equate to the direct causality chain that you must provide.

You and I both know that there is no such causality chain. You are imagining all of it in your mental delusion-space. Someone took full advantage of your scientific illiteracy and spooked the bejeebees out of you. Now you panic over everything you can't see.

Physiology 101:
COVID infection -> COVID immunity -> stronger immune system

Deal with it.
24-12-2021 09:26
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:

COVID infection -> COVID immunity -> stronger immune system[/color]

Deal with it.

Inflammation of the thymus and declining lymphocyte production are not a stronger immune system. Covid 19 and it's vaccines trigger the over production of IL-6 which is a pro inflammatory cytokine shown to cause thymus hyperplasia.

These indications of immune system damage have been shown to you. But feel free to keep professing to the public what a moron you are. Don't worry. It's an anonymous forum.

Edited on 24-12-2021 09:33
24-12-2021 09:36
(1643)
HarveyH55 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Most
suggest
could be
signals
could take place
similar
physiological signal
may be
may have a key role

That's how I grade articles too. They signal no confidence, non-committal, only belief. Science isn't faith-based. Most of these preliminary findings, regardless of field, are worded similarly, to imply much funding is needed, for further study. If they can sufficiently scare the crap out of the reader, they are more generously rewarded with grants. It's not politics, science, or true. Just begging for bucks, tragedy sells.

Harvey you should try thinking for yourself.

24-12-2021 09:55
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Yes covid 19 is all Geoge Soros' fault. Rolls eyes.

This is the retort of a pouting child. Of course I never said anything of the sort.

Actually you seem to suggest that George Soros is secretly funding medical disinformation published by a government agency.

But the information I have cited is just technically stated observations and results of samples of medical tests. There is no reason to believe any of the test results are false.

You have to make your own conclusions of the data presented and the government agency won't conclude for you.

24-12-2021 09:55
(14406)
Spongy Iris wrote:Inflammation of the thymus and declining lymphocyte production are not a stronger immune system.

COVID is not an inflammation of the thymus nor is it declining lymphocite production.

Vaccines aren't either.

Spongy Iris wrote: Covid 19 and it's vaccines trigger the over production of IL-6

You have not shown this. Until you do, your argument is dismissed summarily.

Spongy Iris wrote:These indications of immune system damage have been shown to you.

... but not as the result of COVID infection or of vaccination.
24-12-2021 09:59
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Inflammation of the thymus and declining lymphocyte production are not a stronger immune system.

COVID is not an inflammation of the thymus nor is it declining lymphocite production.

Vaccines aren't either.

Spongy Iris wrote: Covid 19 and it's vaccines trigger the over production of IL-6

You have not shown this. Until you do, your argument is dismissed summarily.

Spongy Iris wrote:These indications of immune system damage have been shown to you.

... but not as the result of COVID infection or of vaccination.

I said IL-6 inflames the thymus. And covid triggers the IL-6.

You're doing the same deceptive crap as Parrot, where you try to say it's technically not covid, because it's IL-6.

24-12-2021 10:27
(14406)
Spongy Iris wrote:I said IL-6 inflames the thymus.

It might. I'm not sure about that or if a certain minimum amount is needed, but for the sake of argument I'm willing to accept that IL-6 might very well inflame the thymus.

Of course, you need to show why this is, in any way, a big deal, since the thymus stops doing its thing and turns to fat once adulthood is reached.

Spongy Iris wrote: And covid triggers the IL-6.

Nope. I'm not buying it. You need to show me that this happens before I'll accept it. I don't think it does.

Spongy Iris wrote:You're doing the same deceptive crap as Parrot, where you try to say it's technically not covid, because it's IL-6.

First, let me ask, why you characterize Into the Night's true statement as "deceptive"?

Second, I don't recall ever making that statement. This is just more out of your delusion-space.
24-12-2021 18:35
(5197)
What's frequently ignored, is that there are over 50 million positive test results. Only a small percentage didn't recover. Most cases don't require a doctor. If you know you have the sniffles, does resting make a difference.
24-12-2021 18:52
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:I said IL-6 inflames the thymus.

It might. I'm not sure about that or if a certain minimum amount is needed, but for the sake of argument I'm willing to accept that IL-6 might very well inflame the thymus.

Of course, you need to show why this is, in any way, a big deal, since the thymus stops doing its thing and turns to fat once adulthood is reached.

Have you considered that the thymus being inflamed might cause the body to think it is functioning again? Then T-cells would not mature from splenic lymphocytes. This could lower the white platelet count which would increase the risk of infection.
24-12-2021 20:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And in other news, an NFL player developed cardiomyopathy because of covid. It caused the wall of his heart to become inflamed. It took him a year to recover.
And now over 2,000 flights have been cancelled. And this is because airline employees contracted the covid virus.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/united-delta-alaska-airlines-cancel-holiday-flights-omicrons-spread-rcna9876
Edited on 24-12-2021 20:21
24-12-2021 20:40
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
James___ wrote:
And now over 2,000 flights have been cancelled. And this is because airline employees contracted the covid virus.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/united-delta-alaska-airlines-cancel-holiday-flights-omicrons-spread-rcna9876

Yup, it takes a work force to run an airline. How many people were terminated because they refused the vaccine? Wait!.....United and Delta both have vaccine mandates! I guess that stupid policy isn't working out too well for them.

Healthy workers were terminated, and so many vaccinated workers are getting Covid they have to cancel 2,000 flights. Damn....merry Christmas.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
24-12-2021 21:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

Yup, it takes a work force to run an airline. How many people were terminated because they refused the vaccine? Wait!.....United and Delta both have vaccine mandates! I guess that stupid policy isn't working out too well for them.

Healthy workers were terminated, and so many vaccinated workers are getting Covid they have to cancel 2,000 flights. Damn....merry Christmas.

If you say it's so then it must be true, right?

Omicron is not the same as covid 19 or the delta variant. So most people are not immunized against it. The people that you speak of are immunized against covid 19 and the delta variant. But how can they be required to be vaccinated against
another variant when it's still not known what will need to be done. And as you and your friends promote, why do anything? We don't travel or do anything but go to work and sit home hiding in your caves.
Some of us like the freedom of getting out of our caves and going places and doing things.
24-12-2021 22:08
(14406)
James___ wrote:Omicron is not the same as covid 19 or the delta variant.

You've said nothing. Any two COVID-19 viruses are different, i.e. they are not the same.

James___ wrote:So most people are not immunized against it.

Then let them get it and in a few days they will become immune. Done. Issue resolved.

James___ wrote:But how can they be required to be vaccinated against another variant when it's still not known what will need to be done.

Exactly. People should be given a few days off work to go catch the virus, possibly have the sniffles for a few days, and then return to work, immune to whatever it is they caught.

We never panicked over any other flu.
24-12-2021 22:13
(14406)
James___ wrote:And in other news, an NFL player developed cardiomyopathy because of covid.

Nope. COVID doesn't cause cardiomyopathy.

Perhaps if your project works out, you'll be able to have a life knowing that COVID is just a mild flu.

Is there a particular reason you have decided to join forces with the panic-peddlers?
25-12-2021 00:04
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:

for the sake of argument I'm willing to accept that IL-6 might very well inflame the thymus.

"With advanced ageing the zinc pool undergoes progressive reduction as shown by the low zinc plasma levels and the negative crude zinc balance, both in humans and in rodents. It has been suggested that such zinc deficiency might be involved in many age-related immunological dysfunctions, including thymic failure. The relevance of zinc for good functioning of the entire immune system is, at present, well documented. In particular, zinc is required to confer biological activity to one of the best-known thymic peptides, thymulin, which is responsible for cell-mediated immunity. In deep zinc deficiencies, in humans and other animals, the low thymulin levels are due not to a primary failure of the thymus, but to a reduced peripheral saturation of thymic hormones by zinc ions. In aged mice both a reduced peripheral saturation of the hormone and a decreased production by the thymus were present. Oral zinc supplementation in old mice (22 months old) for 1 month induced a complete recovery of crude zinc balance from negative (-1.82) to positive values (+1.47), similar to those of young animals (+1.67). A full recovery of thymic functions with a regrowth of the organ and a partial restoration of the peripheral immune efficiency, as measured by mitogen responsiveness (PHA and ConA) and natural killer cell (NK) activity, were observed after zinc supplementation. These findings clearly pin-point for relevance of zinc for immune efficiency and suggest that the age-related thymic involution and peripheral immunological dysfunctions are not intrinsic and irreversible events but are largely dependent on the altered zinc pool."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8582782/

Also be careful you don't overdose on zinc.

Edited on 25-12-2021 00:05
25-12-2021 00:09
(1643)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

And covid triggers the IL-6.

Nope. I'm not buying it. You need to show me that this happens before I'll accept it. I don't think it does.

Here you go:

Penn Study Details Robust T-Cell Response to mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-releases/2021/august/penn-study-details-robust-tcell-response-to-mrna-covid19-vaccines

Edited on 25-12-2021 00:10
25-12-2021 00:41
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:And in other news, an NFL player developed cardiomyopathy because of covid.

Nope. COVID doesn't cause cardiomyopathy.

Perhaps if your project works out, you'll be able to have a life knowing that COVID is just a mild flu.

Is there a particular reason you have decided to join forces with the panic-peddlers?

I like traveling. Now if all I ever did was just sit at home and go to work like you guys, I'd be talking about MY rights. I mean seriously, you guys have no need to worry about anything because you do nothing. So your safe in your caves.
Oops, he had myocarditis which if chronic becomes cardiomyapathy. Another NFL player who developed myocarditis.
https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-tommy-sweeney-out-for-season-with-myocarditis-stemming-from-covid-19/article_885d029e-2dd2-11eb-81cc-b3ddbd53b9ea.html

Besides, things are getting better for me. Bessler's wheel should work and like anything else it does require working at it. And I have a plan B so no worries here. It bothers me to think that I might be expanding the field of atmospheric chemistry in science while you guys are working on your insults.
Just kind of makes me glad that my mother was smart enough to marry a Norwegian.
25-12-2021 00:43
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ibd,
Covid can cause cardiomyopathy. Check with the medical authorities on that and shut your stupid mouth.
25-12-2021 01:11
(14406)
keepit wrote:ibd,Covid can cause cardiomyopathy.

Cut the ambiguity crap.

Is your position that COVID causes cardiomyopathy.

Feel free to check with medical authorities on that and to shut your stupid mouth.
25-12-2021 01:28
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
Covid can cause cardiomyopathy. Check with the medical authorities on that and shut your stupid mouth.

Automobiles can cause death. Check with the DOT on that and shut your stupid mouth.

25-12-2021 03:38
(5197)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

Omicron is not the same as covid 19 or the delta variant. So most people are not immunized against it. The people that you speak of are immunized against covid 19 and the delta variant. But how can they be required to be vaccinated against
another variant when it's still not known what will need to be done. And as you and your friends promote, why do anything? We don't travel or do anything but go to work and sit home hiding in your caves.
Some of us like the freedom of getting out of our caves and going places and doing things.

The current vaccines are based the earliest strains that hit Wuhan. several dominant strains behind the pandemic. The vaccines should have been updated for each dominant strain, since following variants would be more closely related. They new there would be some adaptations in the virus, as it adjusted to human hosts. It's always been about selling an un-needed product, over public health and safety. Long as there is a pandemic, a lot of people are getting filthy rich, so they can have a better life. Covid, is just another name for the common cold.

No one is forced to hide in their basement. We are free to wander as we please. If you want to travel to other countries, you only have the freedom allowed by their laws. I plan to ride out this pandemic vaccine and infection free. As an essential worker, there has been no disruption in my employment. Been at risk of infection every work day, since the pandemic came to America. Have been exempt from all the 'fun' restrictions. Got only a couple more weeks, before being faced with a bigger threat, than a cold virus. Biden's OSHA mandate... Such nice 'Thank You', for my selfless risking infection, to provide an essential service. Weekly nose-raping testing, or a worthless injection every 6 months. If course, I could quit, or get fired. Hopefully, my employers find a clever work-around. Maybe the state of Florida will step in to protect my rights. Don't think the legal challenges are done yet either.

Omicron is evasive to the current vaccines, basically worthless. Getting the vaccines now, only gets you a club membership card, that allows you to discriminate against healthy Americans.
25-12-2021 05:52
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

The current vaccines are based the earliest strains that hit Wuhan. several dominant strains behind the pandemic. The vaccines should have been updated for each dominant strain, since following variants would be more closely related. They new there would be some adaptations in the virus, as it adjusted to human hosts. It's always been about selling an un-needed product, over public health and safety. Long as there is a pandemic, a lot of people are getting filthy rich, so they can have a better life. Covid, is just another name for the common cold.

No one is forced to hide in their basement. We are free to wander as we please. If you want to travel to other countries, you only have the freedom allowed by their laws. I plan to ride out this pandemic vaccine and infection free. As an essential worker, there has been no disruption in my employment. Been at risk of infection every work day, since the pandemic came to America. Have been exempt from all the 'fun' restrictions. Got only a couple more weeks, before being faced with a bigger threat, than a cold virus. Biden's OSHA mandate... Such nice 'Thank You', for my selfless risking infection, to provide an essential service. Weekly nose-raping testing, or a worthless injection every 6 months. If course, I could quit, or get fired. Hopefully, my employers find a clever work-around. Maybe the state of Florida will step in to protect my rights. Don't think the legal challenges are done yet either.

Omicron is evasive to the current vaccines, basically worthless. Getting the vaccines now, only gets you a club membership card, that allows you to discriminate against healthy Americans.

The reason I don't get along with Christians is because of people like yourself. I'm not one of you. Being a disabled Veteran doesn't allow me to be an American. As you yourself said, people who can do better did better by avoiding military service. I think that's what Christians like yourself miss when you say if I knew how good you are then I'd follow you.

Attached image:

25-12-2021 23:16
(14406)
So you continue to insist on not applying any critical reasoning whatsoever. You are a loon.

Spongy Iris posted:
"With advanced ageing the zinc pool undergoes progressive reduction as shown by the low zinc plasma levels and the negative crude zinc balance, both in humans and in rodents.

Recognizing that there is no such thing as a "zinc pool" in either humans or rodents, what does the above statement mean to you?

For the rest of the board, what does it mean to you?

Spongy Iris posted:
It has been suggested that such zinc deficiency might be involved in many age-related immunological dysfunctions, including thymic failure.

Recognizing that the thymus pretty much starts to decline in activity prior to birth and that the thymus has virtually grinded to a halt in the elderly, and that the thymus essentially turns to fat tissue around the time of adulthood ... why would anyone consider the "failure" of an already non-functioning lump of fat tissue in the elderly to be some sort of unnatural surprise?

For the rest of the board, same questions?

Spongy Iris posted:The relevance of zinc for good functioning of the entire immune system is, at present, well documented.

... so why does the panic-propaganda need to focus on the mere quantity of zinc documentation, independent of whether any of it is correct, instead of providing any sort of argument based on human physiology and biological science?

For the rest of the board, same question?

Spongy Iris posted:In particular, zinc is required to confer biological activity to one of the best-known thymic peptides, thymulin, which is responsible for cell-mediated immunity.

Why does the propaganda resort to maximum ambiguity with the words "confer biological activity"? This could mean anything and thus means nothing.

Also, how well do you know thymulin? It is, after all, the best-known thymic peptide according to the propaganda. That's important, right? ... that zinc "confers" ambiguity on a peptide that is the best-known. Why is it important for rational adults to know this?

Spongy Iris posted:In deep zinc deficiencies,

Of course we all know what constitutes a "deep" deficiency, right? Only morons don't know what the cutoff is, right?

Spongy Iris posted:... in humans and other animals, the low thymulin levels are due not to a primary failure of the thymus, but to a reduced peripheral saturation of thymic hormones by zinc ions. I

Why waste the bandwidth pretending to explain to the reader what is not caused by the failure of the elderly's already barely-functioning lump of fat tissue? Does the propaganda provide an exhaustive list of all the things that are not caused by a non-functioning thymus? If so, how did they fit it onto the internet?

Also, in recognizing that the normally barely-funtioning thymus of the elderly isn't producing much of anything, why should any rational adult be surprised that it isn't producing much in the way of thymic hormones ... or that it isn't producing a "saturation" thereof ... or that the missing saturation is a "peripheral" one? Isn't the above statement firmly situated in the absurd?

Spongy Iris posted: Oral zinc supplementation in old mice (22 months old) for 1 month induced a complete recovery of crude zinc balance

Wait! Are you telling me that taking zinc supplements actually makes up for zinc deficiencies? Shocking. Give me time to wrap my mind around this one.

Spongy Iris posted:A full recovery of thymic functions with a regrowth of the organ and a partial restoration of the peripheral immune efficiency, as measured by mitogen responsiveness (PHA and ConA) and natural killer cell (NK) activity, were observed after zinc supplementation.

That sentence was insanely painful and totally unnecessary. The thymus has the ability to regrow if properly triggered, reversing the shrinking effect of age, but this research is still underway.

Spongy Iris posted:These findings clearly pin-point for relevance of zinc

These findings make me wonder why the propaganda began talking about zinc in the first place. There is no complete causality chain presented whatsoever.

Wait! I see. The author of the propaganda is vested in the zinc industry in some way and wants to drive up the price! OK, I get it now.
25-12-2021 23:34
(14406)
James___ wrote:Besides, things are getting better for me.

Allow me to congratulate you. Well done.

James___ wrote:Bessler's wheel should work

What does that mean? Are you saying that your Bessler wheel should effectively rotate around an axle ... but that you aren't sure?

... or are you saying that it should rotate forever, having overcome the limits imposed by the 2nd law of thermodynamics?

James___ wrote: And I have a plan B so no worries here.

It is always handy to have some around, but don't tell Catholics.

James___ wrote:It bothers me to think that I might be expanding the field of atmospheric chemistry in science while you guys are working on your insults.

I hear you. It would totally bother me to think that I might be contributing to society. Fortunately for you there is no such risk, but for me, every day I have to temper my actions to ensure I don't provide any value to the world. Do you realize how difficult that is?

... and if my project works out, I'll be able to have a life without having to worry about being a contributing member of society. Wish me luck.

James___ wrote: Just kind of makes me glad that my mother was smart enough to marry a Norwegian jet stream.

Whew, that one blew right over my head.
27-12-2021 02:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

There is no such thing as an Omicron or Delta variant of covid19. They are complete fiction.

You can't have a variant of a variant.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-12-2021 03:09
(21597)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Here you go:

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-releases/2021/august/penn-study-details-robust-tcell-response-to-mrna-covid19-vaccines

T cells do not destroy the thymus.
T cells are NOT created in the thymus. They are created in the lymphatic system. They only mature in the thymus (but they CAN mature elsewhere).

The thymus plays a role in childhood and especially during puberty. It helps to drive the conversion to adulthood. After that, it shrinks, converting to fat. It no longer has as major a role to play in the human body. It never completely disappears, but much of it does.

T cells are created in the lymphatic system. They can be fully programmed there as well. That is part of what the lymph nodes do. T cells can certainly mature (be programmed) in the thymus (hence the name), but the lymphatic system is perfectly capable of doing that as well.

B cells are created in the bone marrow. They can be fully programmed there. This is part of what bone marrow does.

When infection occurs, both T and B cells that match the offending virus replicate, and dispatch the virus. This is far better than the white blood cells, since their only method of attacking the virus is to attack and kill any cells infected with it. It is the white blood cells killing whole cells, that give you that raw feeling of the sore throat. Your immune system is working to protect you, even sacrificing your own cells to do it.

The T and B cells destroy the virus before they infect a cell.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-12-2021 09:43
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Here you go:

T cells are NOT created in the thymus. They are created in the lymphatic system. They only mature in the thymus (but they CAN mature elsewhere).

The thymus plays a role in childhood and especially during puberty. It helps to drive the conversion to adulthood. After that, it shrinks, converting to fat. It no longer has as major a role to play in the human body. It never completely disappears, but much of it does.

T cells are created in the lymphatic system. They can be fully programmed there as well. That is part of what the lymph nodes do. T cells can certainly mature (be programmed) in the thymus (hence the name), but the lymphatic system is perfectly capable of doing that as well.

B cells are created in the bone marrow. They can be fully programmed there. This is part of what bone marrow does.

When infection occurs, both T and B cells that match the offending virus replicate, and dispatch the virus. This is far better than the white blood cells, since their only method of attacking the virus is to attack and kill any cells infected with it. It is the white blood cells killing whole cells, that give you that raw feeling of the sore throat. Your immune system is working to protect you, even sacrificing your own cells to do it.

It looks like IL-6 might be what destroys T cells. Perhaps IL-6 damages your thymus.

"Interleukin (IL)-6 is a pleiotropic, proinflammatory cytokine produced by a variety of cell types, including lymphocytes, monocytes, and fibroblasts. Infection by SARS-CoV induces a dose-dependent production of IL-6 from bronchial epithelial cells. COVID-19-associated systemic inflammation and hypoxemic respiratory failure can be associated with heightened cytokine release, as indicated by elevated blood levels of IL-6, C-reactive protein (CRP), D-dimer, and ferritin."

"IL-6 is responsible for stimulating acute phase protein synthesis, as well as the production of neutrophils in the bone marrow. It supports the growth of B cells and is antagonistic to regulatory T cells."

As earlier cited research indicates, zinc can help regenerate your thymus. Although it is doubtful zinc can shield it from damage, or reduce the severity of an infection, if your thymus is at least in better shape, it might be able to sustain a hit more effectively. Zinc might also help to prevent declining lymphocyte production in aging adults.

Edited on 27-12-2021 10:06
27-12-2021 18:40
(21597)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Here you go:

It looks like IL-6 might be what destroys T cells. Perhaps IL-6 damages your thymus.

No. Your thymus is not destroyed by neither covid19 nor your immune system. Neither are any T cells.
Spongy Iris wrote:
"Interleukin (IL)-6 is a pleiotropic, proinflammatory cytokine produced by a variety of cell types, including lymphocytes, monocytes, and fibroblasts. Infection by SARS-CoV induces a dose-dependent production of IL-6 from bronchial epithelial cells. COVID-19-associated systemic inflammation and hypoxemic respiratory failure can be associated with heightened cytokine release, as indicated by elevated blood levels of IL-6, C-reactive protein (CRP), D-dimer, and ferritin."

"IL-6 is responsible for stimulating acute phase protein synthesis, as well as the production of neutrophils in the bone marrow. It supports the growth of B cells and is antagonistic to regulatory T cells."

T cells are not 'regulatory'.
Spongy Iris wrote:
As earlier cited research indicates, zinc can help regenerate your thymus.

Nothing can regenerate your thymus, nor is it necessary.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Although it is doubtful zinc can shield it from damage, or reduce the severity of an infection, if your thymus is at least in better shape, it might be able to sustain a hit more effectively.

Your thymus doesn't take a hit from covid19. It does not attack the thymus.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Zinc might also help to prevent declining lymphocyte production in aging adults.

What declining lymphocyte production?

Obviously, you are selling zinc supplements, or fully believe the health supplement crap. That stuff WILL mess you up, dude.

The Parrot Killer

Page 6 of 9<<<45678>>>

Join the debate Omicron:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact