Remember me
▼ Content

July 4, 2023 - Hottest day ever recorded

Page 5 of 6<<<3456>
24-10-2023 22:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Yup, frogs have lungs, and you just won the nobel prize for stupid.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 24-10-2023 22:32
25-10-2023 00:31
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:

Maybe just because it is the most recent in mind, the failure to understand that radiation, conduction, and convection are not "types of heat" makes the top.

You still don't know what heat is. Go back and read my response on 24-10-2023 at 4:21

All heat is is a flow of electromagnetic radiation. Solar radiation radiation tends to be particles that get trapped in the Van Allen radiation radiation belts.
When matter transfers heat it is transferring stored heat content. With Boltzmann's KE = 3/2kT that refers to the velocity of gasses. It's when molecules collide that they release stored heat. It's basically the same thing as wind chill. When the wind is faster it is colder then when it slows it releases heat.
25-10-2023 13:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:

Maybe just because it is the most recent in mind, the failure to understand that radiation, conduction, and convection are not "types of heat" makes the top.

You still don't know what heat is. Go back and read my response on 24-10-2023 at 4:21

All heat is is a flow of electromagnetic radiation. Solar radiation radiation tends to be particles that get trapped in the Van Allen radiation radiation belts.
When matter transfers heat it is transferring stored heat content. With Boltzmann's KE = 3/2kT that refers to the velocity of gasses. It's when molecules collide that they release stored heat. It's basically the same thing as wind chill. When the wind is faster it is colder then when it slows it releases heat.

LOL wind chill has no effect the temperature of either the wind or the background. Try again Sigmund

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

25-10-2023 22:18
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
Im a BM wrote:
"...three types of heat.."

No, these are not three different "types of heat".

Paradox. Irrational.
Im a BM wrote:
Radiation, conduction, and convection are three different MECHANISMS OF HEAT TRANSFER.
There is no such thing as 'heat transfer'.
Im a BM wrote:
Radiation in the infrared range transfers heat at the speed of light.
Heat has no speed.
Im a BM wrote:
Conduction, when heat is transferred by direct touch from something hotter to something warmer... Not a TYPE of heat, just a means by which it get transferred. Depending on temperature difference, heat capacity, thermal conductivity, and thermal diffusivity, heat may be transferred slowly or rapidly.
Heat has no speed.
Im a BM wrote:
Convection is not a "type of heat". It is another mechanism of heat transfer involving mass movement of fluid (liquid or gas). As fluid gets warm, it becomes less dense and rises above cooler fluid of the same composition. "Convection currents" are mass movement of fluid in which heat is translocated to a higher elevation.
Convection if a type of heat.
Im a BM wrote:
Something resembling legitimate science is the claim that conduction and convection cannot occur in a vaccuum.
You misspelled 'vacuum'.
Im a BM wrote:
If the most prolific "scientist" on this site is correct, "there is no such thing as radiant energy".
There is no such thing as 'radiant energy'. Energy is simply that...energy.
Im a BM wrote:
So, heat could not be transferred by radiation either in this alternative reality.
There is no such thing as 'heat transfer'.
Im a BM wrote:
But to talk about a mechanism of transfer as a "type of heat" is a strong indicator that there has never been even the most basic training in science.

So you deny all forms (types) of heat. Gotit. By doing so, you deny and discard the 2nd law of thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, light, and thermal conductivity.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-10-2023 22:31
(21612)
James_ wrote:
On my website I have a page dedicated to the Earth's "green house" which is the tropopause. https://climate-cycling.com/earths-greenhouse-the-tropopause

The tropopause is not a 'greenhouse'.
James_ wrote:
The anvil cloud shows there is a barrier that keeps the heat that molecules conserve in the troposphere.

Heat is on conservable. Molecules do not conserve heat. An anvil cloud is not a barrier.
James_ wrote:
Usually the only way that atmospheric gasses in the troposphere and the stratosphere mix is because of a jet stream.

A jet stream is not necessary.
James_ wrote:
This allows for convection between 2 different layers of the atmosphere.

There already is.
James_ wrote:
Most heat in the stratosphere

Heat has no location.
James_ wrote:
comes from O2 + O + hv > O3.

This chemical reaction in the stratosphere is driven by UVb acting upon oxygen. This is an endothermic reaction, cooling that air around it. The most strongly occurs at the base of the stratosphere, which is why that air is so cold. Ozone is destroyed by UVc acting upon it. These frequencies are blocked by lower and denser portions of the atmosphere. This produces an exothermic reaction that heats the air around it.

The practical upshot is that there is a temperature inversion (but not an energy inversion) in the stratosphere.

James_ wrote:
And as I mention on my website, jet streams will move when there's a significant increase in the total ozone column.

Ozone does not control the position of the jet stream.
James_ wrote:
This is because the stratosphere warms and the troposphere cools.

What does the stratosphere warm? What does the troposphere cool?
James_ wrote:
I've noticed the jet streams like moving along the edge of such warming and cooling of the atmosphere.

I guess you never learned about Hadley cells.
James_ wrote:
And I think this helps to show how important the ozone layer is.

The ozone layer does not control the position of the jet stream.
James_ wrote:
When there's less ozone in the stratosphere then that just means more UV solar radiation for the oceans to absorb. And we all know that 93% of the excess heat from climate change is in the oceans.

There is no such thing as 'excess heat'. Climate cannot change.
James_ wrote:
This points to both a slowing of ocean currents

The ocean currents are not slowing.
James_ wrote:
and a depleted ozone layer.

The ozone layer is not depleted.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-10-2023 23:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
On my website I have a page dedicated to the Earth's "green house" which is the tropopause. https://climate-cycling.com/earths-greenhouse-the-tropopause

James_ wrote:
The anvil cloud shows there is a barrier that keeps the heat that molecules conserve in the troposphere.

Heat is on conservable. Molecules do not conserve heat. An anvil cloud is not a barrier.
James_ wrote:
Usually the only way that atmospheric gasses in the troposphere and the stratosphere mix is because of a jet stream.

James_ wrote:

There already is.
James_ wrote:

Heat has no location.
James_ wrote:

This chemical reaction in the stratosphere is driven by UVb acting upon oxygen. This is an endothermic reaction, cooling that air around it. The most strongly occurs at the base of the stratosphere, which is why that air is so cold. Ozone is destroyed by UVc acting upon it. These frequencies are blocked by lower and denser portions of the atmosphere. This produces an exothermic reaction that heats the air around it.

The practical upshot is that there is a temperature inversion (but not an energy inversion) in the stratosphere.

James_ wrote:
And as I mention on my website, jet streams will move when there's a significant increase in the total ozone column.

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:
I've noticed the jet streams like moving along the edge of such warming and cooling of the atmosphere.

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:
When there's less ozone in the stratosphere then that just means more UV solar radiation for the oceans to absorb. And we all know that 93% of the excess heat from climate change is in the oceans.

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

Are you having fun being triggered?

ULTRA MAGA

25-10-2023 23:43
(21612)
James_ wrote:
Ozone is toxic in the troposphere.

Ozone is toxic everywhere in concentrated amounts. Location makes no difference to toxicity.
James_ wrote:
It is also a byproduct of the combustion of fossil fuels.

Not possible, since there is no such thing as a fossil fuel. Fossils are not used as fuel. Fossils don't burn. ALL types of engines and electrical equipment produce ozone, not in high enough concentration to be toxic.
James_ wrote:
With the oceans you need to consider wind the chill factor and water absorbs UV radiation.

Random phrases ignored.
James_ wrote:
And then there is the thermohaline circulation. That's the flow of all water in the oceans. It's one current.

The oceans have many currents.
James_ wrote:
With the surface temperature of oceanic currents, that's getting into kinetic energy

Kinetic energy has no temperature.
James_ wrote:
and the conservation of energy.

Random phrase ignored.
James_ wrote:
A basic example is conduction.
When water molecules move into the atmosphere as vapor, that is an example of convection.

Convection is not conduction. Evaporation of water is not convection
James_ wrote:
When water transfers kinetic energy into the atmosphere

Thermal energy is not kinetic energy.
James_ wrote:
and is realized as KE = 3/2kT then that is conduction.

Wrong. The law of thermal conduction is: q=-k* delta(T) where 'q' is the heat flux, 'k' is the thermal conductivity of the material, and delta(T) is the change in temperature.
James_ wrote:
Heat would be transferred from water molecules to atmospheric gasses.

Heat is not transferable. Heat has no location.
James_ wrote:
With thermodynamics, momentum can dictate thermodynamics

Thermodynamics is not momentum.
James_ wrote:
and warm water transferring kinetic energy to atmospheric gasses would be an example of that.

Thermal energy is not kinetic energy.
James_ wrote:
This "problem" shows 2 different ways warm water can transfer energy into the Earth's atmosphere.

Not a problem.

The Parrot Killer

25-10-2023 23:46
(21612)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:

The anvil cloud shows there is a barrier that keeps the heat that molecules conserve in the troposphere. Usually the only way that atmospheric gasses in the troposphere and the stratosphere mix is because of a jet stream. This allows for convection between 2 different layers of the atmosphere.
Most heat in the stratosphere comes from O2 + O + hv > O3. An example of the effects of increased ozone in the stratosphere; https://climate-cycling.com/the-ozone-layer
And as I mention on my website, jet streams will move when there's a significant increase in the total ozone column. This is because the stratosphere warms and the troposphere cools. I've noticed the jet streams like moving along the edge of such warming and cooling of the atmosphere.
And I think this helps to show how important the ozone layer is. When there's less ozone in the stratosphere then that just means more UV solar radiation for the oceans to absorb. And we all know that 93% of the excess heat from climate change is in the oceans. This points to both a slowing of ocean currents and a depleted ozone layer.

And oceans are very deep, lot of water. Surface temperature of the ocean means very little, since water conducts heat very well. The warmer surface water also evaporates, carried off as water vapor, removing some of the thermal energy as well. Then of course, the sun sets, no more energy added for the day, but the thermal energy never sleeps, it keeps moving. Daytime/night time, are two slightly different dynamics. Day, you have sun energy added, but still there is cooling. Night time, there is only cooling. The length of the day/night varies throughout the year.

Isn't ozone toxic? Wouldn't getting rid of that nasty crap be a good thing? Besides, ozone holes only occur over the polar regions. Do polar bears an penguins really matter that much? I'm sure if depleted ozone bothered them that much, they would have moved a long time ago. Ozone holes grow during the polar winters, but shrink during the summer, when UV protection is most needed. It's a sign, 'The Big Guy in the Sky' takes care of us...

Ozone is toxic in the troposphere. It is also a byproduct of the combustion of fossil fuels. In the stratosphere it can cool the troposphere.
With the oceans you need to consider wind the chill factor and water absorbs UV radiation. And then there is the thermohaline circulation. That's the flow of all water in the oceans. It's one current.
With the surface temperature of oceanic currents, that's getting into kinetic energy and the conservation of energy. A basic example is conduction. When water molecules move into the atmosphere as vapor, that is an example of convection.
When water transfers kinetic energy into the atmosphere and is realized as KE = 3/2kT then that is conduction. Heat would be transferred from water molecules to atmospheric gasses. With thermodynamics, momentum can dictate thermodynamics and warm water transferring kinetic energy to atmospheric gasses would be an example of that.
This "problem" shows 2 different ways warm water can transfer energy into the Earth's atmosphere.

LOL if Ozone increases with the production of fossil fuels, then why is there a hole and wouldn't burning more fossil fuels fix the hole?

Because of spray painter breathers like you. The propellant in spray cans destroy ozone.

You can back to your cherry tomato suppositories... Maybe you'll break your record today...

LOL a lot less paint is sprayed than oil is burned so if your nonsense is correct, we should have way too much ozone at this point.

Besides stupid aerosols no longer contain CFC's, except in your brain that is. If you ate fresher tomato's, you might understand

What a waste of a psych degree

CFCs do not destroy ozone. CFCs are inert in the presence of ozone.
CFCs are also heavier than air. They do not get up to the ozone layer.

The Parrot Killer

25-10-2023 23:47
(21612)
James_ wrote:

LOL if Ozone increases with the production of fossil fuels, then why is there a hole and wouldn't burning more fossil fuels fix the hole?

Polar stratospheric clouds form when the stratosphere gets cold enough. NOx and SOx are 2 gasses that help PSCs to occur.
Since the Antarctic has Antarctica there's no "warm" water flowing there. This might be an example of "hot" flowing towards where it's cold.
This is where the Earth's spin might act as a centrifuge.

Random phrases. No apparent coherency. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

25-10-2023 23:57
(21612)
Im a BM wrote:
Frogs have lungs. Junior high school level biology. To claim that they do not and that frogs only breathe through their skin indicates a lack in the most basic training in science. Almost as ignorant as claiming that alligators are amphibians.

Alligators are amphibians. You STILL have not learned what 'amphibian' means.
Im a BM wrote:
Maybe a thread dedicated to the most incredibly ignorant anti scientific quotes from the local trolls would be entertaining.

You have already started a number of them. Most of your posts are anti-science.

The Parrot Killer

26-10-2023 00:01
(21612)
Im a BM wrote:
Maybe a thread dedicated to the most incredibly ignorant anti scientific quotes from the local trolls would be entertaining.

And more anti-science from you.

Radiance, conduction,and convection are all forms (or types) of heat. You are AGAIN denying the 2nd law of thermodynamics, and you STILL don't know what heat is.

The Parrot Killer

26-10-2023 00:06
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:

The anvil cloud shows there is a barrier that keeps the heat that molecules conserve in the troposphere. Usually the only way that atmospheric gasses in the troposphere and the stratosphere mix is because of a jet stream. This allows for convection between 2 different layers of the atmosphere.
Most heat in the stratosphere comes from O2 + O + hv > O3. An example of the effects of increased ozone in the stratosphere; https://climate-cycling.com/the-ozone-layer
And as I mention on my website, jet streams will move when there's a significant increase in the total ozone column. This is because the stratosphere warms and the troposphere cools. I've noticed the jet streams like moving along the edge of such warming and cooling of the atmosphere.
And I think this helps to show how important the ozone layer is. When there's less ozone in the stratosphere then that just means more UV solar radiation for the oceans to absorb. And we all know that 93% of the excess heat from climate change is in the oceans. This points to both a slowing of ocean currents and a depleted ozone layer.

And oceans are very deep, lot of water. Surface temperature of the ocean means very little, since water conducts heat very well. The warmer surface water also evaporates, carried off as water vapor, removing some of the thermal energy as well. Then of course, the sun sets, no more energy added for the day, but the thermal energy never sleeps, it keeps moving. Daytime/night time, are two slightly different dynamics. Day, you have sun energy added, but still there is cooling. Night time, there is only cooling. The length of the day/night varies throughout the year.

Isn't ozone toxic? Wouldn't getting rid of that nasty crap be a good thing? Besides, ozone holes only occur over the polar regions. Do polar bears an penguins really matter that much? I'm sure if depleted ozone bothered them that much, they would have moved a long time ago. Ozone holes grow during the polar winters, but shrink during the summer, when UV protection is most needed. It's a sign, 'The Big Guy in the Sky' takes care of us...

Ozone is toxic in the troposphere. It is also a byproduct of the combustion of fossil fuels. In the stratosphere it can cool the troposphere.
With the oceans you need to consider wind the chill factor and water absorbs UV radiation. And then there is the thermohaline circulation. That's the flow of all water in the oceans. It's one current.
With the surface temperature of oceanic currents, that's getting into kinetic energy and the conservation of energy. A basic example is conduction. When water molecules move into the atmosphere as vapor, that is an example of convection.
When water transfers kinetic energy into the atmosphere and is realized as KE = 3/2kT then that is conduction. Heat would be transferred from water molecules to atmospheric gasses. With thermodynamics, momentum can dictate thermodynamics and warm water transferring kinetic energy to atmospheric gasses would be an example of that.

Because of spray painter breathers like you. The propellant in spray cans destroy ozone.

You can back to your cherry tomato suppositories... Maybe you'll break your record today...

LOL a lot less paint is sprayed than oil is burned so if your nonsense is correct, we should have way too much ozone at this point.

Besides stupid aerosols no longer contain CFC's, except in your brain that is. If you ate fresher tomato's, you might understand

What a waste of a psych degree

Coming from an ass like you that does not even believe that the Earth has a climate, your words mean nothing to any human other than you.

"One must consider two issues: the mechanisms for mixing between the troposphere (the bottom layer of the atmosphere) and the overlying stratosphere, and the average time that CFCs remain in the troposphere before chemical processes scrub them from the air. In very general terms, mixing within the atmosphere is caused by differences in temperature and by pressure gradients. These irregularities make some parcels of air buoyant, which results in the transport of pollutants throughout the atmosphere. Given sufficiently large variations in temperature and pressure, air parcels containing contaminants can be transported through the troposphere and into the stratosphere, in much the way that a hot air balloon can be used to loft people high above the ground and transport them from one place to another. Pollutants can reach the stratosphere, however, only if there are no major mechanisms that pull them out of the air while they are still in the troposphere.

"In general, there are two main mechanisms that remove compounds in the atmosphere: deposition and reaction. A common example of deposition is 'rain out': compounds that are soluble in water can be removed from the atmosphere by precipitation. This phenomenon is responsible for acid rain. The most abundant CFCs emitted into the troposphere are CFC 11 and CFC 12. These CFCs are not soluble in water, so deposition does not removed them from the air.

"The only other mechanism that removes compounds from the troposphere is reaction with an abundant oxidizing agent--such as hydroxyl radicals, ozone, or nitrate radicals. Atmospheric researchers have determined the rates at which several CFCs react with hydroxyl radicals; the lifetimes for these CFCs with respect to hydroxyl radicals is approximately 80 years. In other words, if hydroxyl radicals were the only thing reacting with the CFCs, it would take 80 years to completely remove them from the atmosphere. That is a long time! In comparison, methanol, a component of some alternative fuels, has a lifetime with respect to hydroxyl radical reaction of just 17 days. Ozone and nitrate radicals are even less effective at breaking down CFCs.

"Because CFCs are so long-lived in the lower atmosphere, there is ample time and opportunity for them to become well mixed and eventually to reach the stratosphere."

ULTRA MAGA

26-10-2023 00:06
(21612)
James_ wrote:
All heat is is a flow of electromagnetic radiation.

Light is not heat.
James_ wrote:
Solar radiation radiation tends to be particles that get trapped in the Van Allen radiation radiation belts.

Light is not trapped in the Van Allen belts. You cannot trap light.
James_ wrote:
When matter transfers heat it is transferring stored heat content.

There is no such thing as 'heat content' or 'transferring heat' or 'stored heat'.
James_ wrote:
With Boltzmann's KE = 3/2kT that refers to the velocity of gasses. It's when molecules collide that they release stored heat.

There is no such thing as 'stored heat'.
James_ wrote:
It's basically the same thing as wind chill. When the wind is faster it is colder then when it slows it releases heat.

Wind does not change the temperature of the air. Not what wind chill factor is.

The Parrot Killer

26-10-2023 00:07
(21612)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

There already is.
James_ wrote:

Heat has no location.
James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

Are you having fun being triggered?

Psychoquackery.

The Parrot Killer

26-10-2023 00:17
(21612)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Coming from an ass like you that does not even believe that the Earth has a climate, your words mean nothing to any human other than you.

Omniscience fallacy. You don't get to speak for everybody. You only get to speak for you.
Swan wrote:
"One must consider two issues: the mechanisms for mixing between the troposphere (the bottom layer of the atmosphere) and the overlying stratosphere, and the average time that CFCs remain in the troposphere before chemical processes scrub them from the air.

They don't need to be 'scrubbed from the air'. UVa light is sufficient to break down CFCs.
Swan wrote:
In very general terms, mixing within the atmosphere is caused by differences in temperature and by pressure gradients. These irregularities make some parcels of air buoyant, which results in the transport of pollutants throughout the atmosphere. Given sufficiently large variations in temperature and pressure, air parcels containing contaminants can be transported through the troposphere and into the stratosphere, in much the way that a hot air balloon can be used to loft people high above the ground and transport them from one place to another. Pollutants can reach the stratosphere, however, only if there are no major mechanisms that pull them out of the air while they are still in the troposphere.

False equivalence fallacy. A hot air balloon rises because of reduced air density in the balloon. CFCs are heavier than air.
Swan wrote:
"In general, there are two main mechanisms that remove compounds in the atmosphere: deposition and reaction. A common example of deposition is 'rain out': compounds that are soluble in water can be removed from the atmosphere by precipitation. This phenomenon is responsible for acid rain. The most abundant CFCs emitted into the troposphere are CFC 11 and CFC 12. These CFCs are not soluble in water, so deposition does not removed them from the air.

So? UVa light is sufficient to break them down.
Swan wrote:
"The only other mechanism that removes compounds from the troposphere is reaction with an abundant oxidizing agent--such as hydroxyl radicals, ozone, or nitrate radicals. Atmospheric researchers have determined the rates at which several CFCs react with hydroxyl radicals; the lifetimes for these CFCs with respect to hydroxyl radicals is approximately 80 years. In other words, if hydroxyl radicals were the only thing reacting with the CFCs, it would take 80 years to completely remove them from the atmosphere. That is a long time! In comparison, methanol, a component of some alternative fuels, has a lifetime with respect to hydroxyl radical reaction of just 17 days. Ozone and nitrate radicals are even less effective at breaking down CFCs.

So you just supported what I said. CFCs are basically chemically inert. They do not destroy ozone.
Swan wrote:
"Because CFCs are so long-lived in the lower atmosphere, there is ample time and opportunity for them to become well mixed and eventually to reach the stratosphere."

CFCs are heavier than air.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 26-10-2023 00:19
26-10-2023 02:24
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:

James_ wrote:
It is also a byproduct of the combustion of fossil fuels.

Not possible, since there is no such thing as a fossil fuel. Fossils are not used as fuel. Fossils don't burn. ALL types of engines and electrical equipment produce ozone, not in high enough concentration to be toxic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08
26-10-2023 03:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Omniscience fallacy. You don't get to speak for everybody. You only get to speak for you.
Swan wrote:
"One must consider two issues: the mechanisms for mixing between the troposphere (the bottom layer of the atmosphere) and the overlying stratosphere, and the average time that CFCs remain in the troposphere before chemical processes scrub them from the air.

They don't need to be 'scrubbed from the air'. UVa light is sufficient to break down CFCs.
Swan wrote:
In very general terms, mixing within the atmosphere is caused by differences in temperature and by pressure gradients. These irregularities make some parcels of air buoyant, which results in the transport of pollutants throughout the atmosphere. Given sufficiently large variations in temperature and pressure, air parcels containing contaminants can be transported through the troposphere and into the stratosphere, in much the way that a hot air balloon can be used to loft people high above the ground and transport them from one place to another. Pollutants can reach the stratosphere, however, only if there are no major mechanisms that pull them out of the air while they are still in the troposphere.

False equivalence fallacy. A hot air balloon rises because of reduced air density in the balloon. CFCs are heavier than air.
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

So you just supported what I said. CFCs are basically chemically inert. They do not destroy ozone.
Swan wrote:

Do you feel like an adult now?

Table 32 needs cleaning

ULTRA MAGA

28-10-2023 00:44
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:

What's interesting is when I calculated the average amount of kinetic energy at a little over 1900 joules. To
convert liquid water into Vapor is between 2,259 joules to
2,677 joules depending on the temperature of the liquid.
This helps to explain why closer to the equator there's more water Vapor in the atmosphere. Also both N2 and O2 have more mass/KE than water so conservation of energy when it's cold would allow for something like "lake effect " snow in the winter.
One CFC they don't discuss much is CCl4 (Carbon tetrachloride). While it's a banned CFC it has an unknown source and it's emissions are 10% of when it wasn't banned. With my experiment I'll be able to suggest that domestic and commercially used chlorine might bond with a carbon element in the atmosphere.
Cl3 is a negatively charged anion. With CO2, because it conserves heat better in a Joules- Thomson throttling process might make it positively charged as far as Cl3 goes.
Edited on 28-10-2023 01:07
28-10-2023 01:59
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is 'air'...

True, CFCs were chosen as propellants and refrigerants specifically because they didn't react with much of anything, stable.
28-10-2023 21:54
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Harvey, air is the combination/mixture of gasses in the atmosphere.
28-10-2023 23:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:

Thank you for clearing that up.

However air is also what God put in your head

ULTRA MAGA

29-10-2023 03:14
(5197)
James_ wrote:

So one of those gasses couldn't be heavier than air, because it is included.
29-10-2023 07:41
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:

So one of those gasses couldn't be heavier than air, because it is included.

That's right.
29-10-2023 08:05
(21612)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is 'air'...

True, CFCs were chosen as propellants and refrigerants specifically because they didn't react with much of anything, stable.

The naturally occurring gases surrounding Earth.
CFCs are man made. It is heavier than the combination of nitrogen, oxygen, argon, or even carbon dioxide.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 29-10-2023 08:07
29-10-2023 12:13
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is 'air'...

CFCs are man made. It is heavier than the combination of nitrogen, oxygen, argon, or even carbon dioxide.

Volcanic ash is millions of times heavier than air, but it still gets lifted into the stratosphere.

Got that kid

ULTRA MAGA

29-10-2023 20:26
(21612)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is 'air'...

Volcanic ash is millions of times heavier than air, but it still gets lifted into the stratosphere.

Got that kid
And then it comes right back down again.

The Parrot Killer

29-10-2023 20:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is 'air'...

Got that kid

Wrong because after major eruptions there is a cooling effect that can last years to decades due to the fine ash particles blocking the Sun.

Next imbecile

ULTRA MAGA

RE: Most powerful storm to ever hit Mexico03-11-2023 18:14
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(596)
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
It is not official yet.

But all indications are that when the data is all compiled, it will show:

July 4, 2023 was the hottest day ever recorded.
There is no data.
It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About a week ago, the STRONGEST STORM EVER TO HIT MEXICO came ashore near Acapulco. So much water came down so quickly that it added enough weight to the land surface to trigger a small earthquake.

Earlier this year, the STRONGEST STORM EVER TO HIT CANADA set the new record.

In theory, a website such as this would have active discussion about the evidence from the real world, such as all the extreme weather events setting new record after record.

Instead, a handful of scientifically illiterate trolls derail any attempt to have a rational discussion.

"There is no data. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth"

This absurd assertion in one form or another has been posted thousands of times on this website.

"There is no data". Straight up stupidity to make such a claim.

There is more data than ever. Scientists do not become less informed the more data they collect. Knowledge advances forward. And there was already enough data THIRTY YEARS AGO to serve as irrefutable proof that climate change was occurring.

"It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth."

An irrelevant straw man of an assertion.

Nobody is claiming that it is possible to jam a thermometer into the earth to get one single measurement that is "the temperature of the Earth."

It is possible to measure the temperature of air and water with accuracy and precision. A large number of such measurements make it possible to calculate averages with accuracy and precision.

But any attempt to have a rational discussion about the fact that GLOBAL WARMING IS ALREADY HAPPENING WITH DEVASTATING CONSEQUENCES get the same stupid sentences in reply, over and over and over.

Particularly the parrot posts - sometimes five or ten at a time.

And now it says that there are 1687 members. There were 1582 when I first posted a year and a half ago. The new members ALWAYS give up and leave. The handful who have been here between 5-8 years already are the only ones doing virtually all the posting.

Who are you going to believe?

The trolls?

Or your own lying thermometer...
03-11-2023 19:29
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Im a BM wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
It is not official yet.

There is no data.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About a week ago, the STRONGEST STORM EVER TO HIT MEXICO came ashore near Acapulco. So much water came down so quickly that it added enough weight to the land surface to trigger a small earthquake.

In theory, a website such as this would have active discussion about the evidence from the real world, such as all the extreme weather events setting new record after record.

Instead, a handful of scientifically illiterate trolls derail any attempt to have a rational discussion.

This absurd assertion in one form or another has been posted thousands of times on this website.

There is more data than ever. Scientists do not become less informed the more data they collect. Knowledge advances forward. And there was already enough data THIRTY YEARS AGO to serve as irrefutable proof that climate change was occurring.

Nobody is claiming that it is possible to jam a thermometer into the earth to get one single measurement that is "the temperature of the Earth."

It is possible to measure the temperature of air and water with accuracy and precision. A large number of such measurements make it possible to calculate averages with accuracy and precision.

But any attempt to have a rational discussion about the fact that GLOBAL WARMING IS ALREADY HAPPENING WITH DEVASTATING CONSEQUENCES get the same stupid sentences in reply, over and over and over.

And now it says that there are 1687 members. There were 1582 when I first posted a year and a half ago. The new members ALWAYS give up and leave. The handful who have been here between 5-8 years already are the only ones doing virtually all the posting.

The trolls?

There are not 1687 post today, there are 4

Time to Ban Swan? James_ 181 23 Today, 12:03

July 4, 2023 - Hottest day ever recorded - (Side: 1 2 ... 5) Im a BM 3434 187 Today, 11:14

Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems - (Side: 1 2 ... 21) sealover 20410 801 Today, 10:10

threats keepit 112 8 Today, 10:03
TED - (Side: 1 2

Facebook is not concerned

ULTRA MAGA

03-11-2023 19:38
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Swan wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
It is not official yet.

There is no data.

The trolls?

July 4, 2023 - Hottest day ever recorded - (Side: 1 2 ... 5) Im a BM 3434 187 Today, 11:14

Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems - (Side: 1 2 ... 21) sealover 20410 801 Today, 10:10

Your reading comprehension really is quite terrible.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
03-11-2023 20:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
It is not official yet.

There is no data.

The trolls?

Your reading comprehension really is quite terrible.

This site has 5 to 10 active members tops. Your delusions are really quite terrible

ULTRA MAGA

03-11-2023 23:12
(21612)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is 'air'...

Got that kid

Wrong because after major eruptions there is a cooling effect that can last years to decades due to the fine ash particles blocking the Sun.

Next imbecile

What 'cooling effect'? It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

03-11-2023 23:31
(21612)
Im a BM wrote:

It wasn't. Patricia was.
And is typical of idiots from the Church of Global Warming, any storm or cold snap or hot spell is all blamed on 'global warming'. A storm is not the globe, dummy.
Im a BM wrote:

Another bogus statement. A storm is not the globe, dummy.
Im a BM wrote:

Storms are not temperature, dummy.
Im a BM wrote:

LIke you? You aren't having a rational discussion and you don't want any.
Im a BM wrote:

...annnnnnnd the insults...
Now you want to claim 'data' that doesn't exist.
Im a BM wrote:
There is more data than ever.

None.
Im a BM wrote:
Scientists do not become less informed the more data they collect.

Science is not data. There is no data.
Im a BM wrote:
Knowledge advances forward.

Science is not knowledge. Science is not 'advancement'.
Im a BM wrote:
And there was already enough data THIRTY YEARS AGO to serve as irrefutable proof that climate change was occurring.

Attempted proof by void. Climate cannot change.
Im a BM wrote:

The main subject is not a straw man. Fallacy fallacy.
Im a BM wrote:

YOU are.
Im a BM wrote:

So you deny statistical mathematics as well.
Math errors: Failure to declare and justify variance. Failure to calculate margin of error. Failure to use published unbiased raw data. Failure to select by randN. Failure to normalize by paired randR.
Im a BM wrote:

You make the same mistakes. You discard statistical mathematics, the 0th, 1st, and 2nd laws of thermodynamics, and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
Im a BM wrote:

Whining doesn't help you.
Im a BM wrote:

The trolls?

Whining doesn't help you.
Im a BM wrote:

There it is...all hanging out pink and naked. There is no thermometer you can jam into the Earth to measure the temperature of the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

04-11-2023 00:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is 'air'...

Got that kid

Next imbecile

What 'cooling effect'? It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

You are wrong as usual, but at least your delusions are persistent.

Approximately every few decades, a volcanic eruption, such as Mount Pinatubo or El Chichón, releases a substantial number of particles and gases. Some of these particles and gases temporarily block enough sunlight to induce a brief global cooling period. While these effects typically dissipate after 1 to 2 years, their impact is felt across the globe.

ULTRA MAGA

05-11-2023 22:11
(21612)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

You are wrong as usual, but at least your delusions are persistent.

Argument of the Stone fallacy.
Swan wrote:
Approximately every few decades, a volcanic eruption, such as Mount Pinatubo or El Chichón, releases a substantial number of particles and gases. Some of these particles and gases temporarily block enough sunlight to induce a brief global cooling period. While these effects typically dissipate after 1 to 2 years, their impact is felt across the globe.

Gases do not block sunlight, and particles come right out of the air with the next rain.

The Parrot Killer

RE: 2023 - Hottest Year Ever Recorded24-12-2023 09:10
sealover
★★★★☆
(1254)
Im a BM wrote:
It is not official yet.

With the new year just about a week away, it is already clear:

2023 was the hottest year ever recorded.

Extreme weather events with widespread impacts over large regions occurred throughout the year.

Extreme to the point that they almost rendered the terms "1000 year drought", "1000 year flood", and "1000 year storm" meaningless.

Wildfire smoke gave us some of the worst air quality ever seen.

Glaciers are melting faster than worst case scenarios predicted a few decades back, and sea level rise has accelerated to a rate exceeding worst case predictions as well.

Yes, it turns out the "alarmists" were wrong.

The theoretical models turned out to be wrong.

They underestimated how bad the situation would already be by 2023.
24-12-2023 14:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
sealover wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
It is not official yet.

With the new year just about a week away, it is already clear:

2023 was the hottest year ever recorded.

Extreme weather events with widespread impacts over large regions occurred throughout the year.

Extreme to the point that they almost rendered the terms "1000 year drought", "1000 year flood", and "1000 year storm" meaningless.

Wildfire smoke gave us some of the worst air quality ever seen.

Glaciers are melting faster than worst case scenarios predicted a few decades back, and sea level rise has accelerated to a rate exceeding worst case predictions as well.

Yes, it turns out the "alarmists" were wrong.

The theoretical models turned out to be wrong.

They underestimated how bad the situation would already be by 2023.

LOL as 99.99999% of all Earth years went un-recorded

ULTRA MAGA

24-12-2023 22:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14438)
Swan wrote:LOL as 99.99999% of all Earth years went un-recorded

How do you know that 0.00001% of each year (3.15 seconds) was recorded?

What was recorded for the 3.15 seconds of the first Earth year? How was it recorded? ... audio cassette?
25-12-2023 01:24
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:

What was recorded for the 3.15 seconds of the first Earth year? How was it recorded? ... audio cassette?

Actually 100% of every year has been recorded since 1850/1880 or so. Before that there are no records of any type.

Now take your pills and go back to sleep

ULTRA MAGA

25-12-2023 05:42
(5197)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Actually 100% of every year has been recorded since 1850/1880 or so. Before that there are no records of any type.

Now take your pills and go back to sleep

Standardize temperature recordings started in 1898. Average temperature doesn't mean much, if you keep adding hundreds of new locations each year. Mainly in warm places, with commercial airports... Then, of course in 1970,, the official temperatures were derived from satellite data. Not sure when land based stations were mostly abandoned. The temperatures were only intended/significant to local conditions.
Page 5 of 6<<<3456>

Join the debate July 4, 2023 - Hottest day ever recorded:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why are earthquakes more likely to occur at night than during the day1709-11-2023 12:39
Book your bargain rate Israeli Tel Aviv or Jerusalem vacation now, free 4th of July style fireworks inclu118-10-2023 05:25
Present temperature spike July '233127-09-2023 00:27
Is Edward Snowden a hero? Should all of your personal phone calls be recorded?4115-07-2023 20:36
Happy fourth of July. I wonder how many liberals are eating carbon cooked burgers106-07-2023 23:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact