Remember me
▼ Content

Is Edward Snowden a hero? Should all of your personal phone calls be recorded?



Page 1 of 212>
Is Edward Snowden a hero? Should all of your personal phone calls be recorded?06-07-2023 18:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
Why Edward Snowden Is a Hero

By John Cassidy
https://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/why-edward-snowden-is-a-hero

Why Edward Snowden Is a Hero
Is Edward Snowden, the twenty-nine-year-old N.S.A. whistle-blower who was last said to be hiding in Hong Kong awaiting his fate, a hero or a traitor? He is a hero. (My colleague Jeffrey Toobin disagrees.) In revealing the colossal scale of the U.S. government's eavesdropping on Americans and other people around the world, he has performed a great public service that more than outweighs any breach of trust he may have committed. Like Daniel Ellsberg, the former Defense Department official who released the Pentagon Papers, and Mordechai Vanunu, the Israeli nuclear technician who revealed the existence of Israel's weapons program, before him, Snowden has brought to light important information that deserved to be in the public domain, while doing no lasting harm to the national security of his country.

Doubtless, many people inside the U.S. power structure—President Obama included—and some of its apologists in the media will see things differently. When Snowden told the Guardian that "nothing good" was going to happen to him, he was almost certainly right. In fleeing to Hong Kong, he may have overlooked the existence of its extradition pact with the United States, which the U.S. authorities will most certainly seek to invoke. The National Security Agency has already referred the case to the Justice Department, and James Clapper, Obama's director of National Intelligence, has said that Snowden's leaks have done "huge, grave damage" to "our intelligence capabilities."

Before accepting such claims at face value, let's remind ourselves of what the leaks so far have not contained. They didn't reveal anything about the algorithms that the N.S.A. uses, the groups or individuals that the agency targets, or the identities of U.S. agents. They didn't contain the contents of any U.S. military plans, or of any conversations between U.S. or foreign officials. As Glenn Greenwald, one of the journalists who broke the story, pointed out on "Morning Joe" today, this wasn't a WikiLeaks-style data dump. "[Snowden] spent months meticulously studying every document," Greenwald said. "He didn't just upload them to the Internet."

So, what did the leaks tell us? First, they confirmed that the U.S. government, without obtaining any court warrants, routinely collects the phone logs of tens of millions, perhaps hundreds of millions, of Americans, who have no links to terrorism whatsoever. If the publicity prompts Congress to prevent phone companies such as Verizon and A.T. & T. from acting as information-gathering subsidiaries of the spying agencies, it won't hamper legitimate domestic-surveillance operations—the N.S.A. can always go to court to obtain a wiretap or search warrant—and it will be a very good thing for the country.

The second revelation in the leaks was that the N.S.A., in targeting foreign suspects, has the capacity to access vast amounts of user data from U.S.-based Internet companies such as Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, and Skype. Exactly how this is done remains a bit murky. But it's clear that, in the process of monitoring the communications of overseas militants and officials and the people who communicate with them, the N.S.A. sweeps up a great deal of online data about Americans, and keeps it locked away—seemingly forever.

Conceivably, the fact that Uncle Sam is watching their Facebook and Google accounts could come as news to some dimwit would-be jihadis in foreign locales, prompting them to communicate in ways that are harder for the N.S.A. to track. But it will hardly surprise the organized terrorist groups, which already go to great lengths to avoid being monitored. Not for nothing did Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad go without a phone or Internet connection.

Another Snowden leak, which Greenwald and the Guardian published over the weekend, was a set of documents concerning another secret N.S.A. tracking program with an Orwellian name: "Boundless Informant." Apparently designed to keep Snowden's former bosses abreast of what sorts of data it was collecting around the world, the program unveiled the vast reach of the N.S.A.'s activities. In March, 2013, alone, the Guardian reported, the N.S.A. collected ninety-seven billion pieces of information from computer networks worldwide, and three billion of those pieces came from U.S.-based networks.

It's hardly surprising that the main targets for the N.S.A.'s data collection were Iran (fourteen billion pieces in that period) and Pakistan (more than thirteen billion), but countries such as Jordan, India, and Egypt, American allies all, may be a bit surprised to find themselves so high on the list. "We hack everyone everywhere," Snowden told the Guardian. "We like to make a distinction between us and the others. But we are in almost every country in the world. We are not at war with these countries."


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 06-07-2023 18:16
06-07-2023 20:05
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14727)
Swan wrote: Why Edward Snowden Is a Hero

Edward Snowden is not a hero.

There are two issues being conflated here:

1. whistle-blowing government abuse
2. disclosures of methods and technology to foreign powers that cause grave damage to the United States.

Every government worker has the responsibility to report #1 via any one of the many avenues established by Congress for such reporting, that ensures the government abuse is addressed, the whistle-blower is fully protected and no technology or methodologies are disclosed to damage the US.

Snowden, however, avoided those avenues and violated his signed non-disclosure agreement because his intention was to damage the United States without the government abuse being addressed ... while enraging a now helpless public as a bonus. You might notice that there has not been any corrective measures established by Congress. Congress can't fix technology that has been transferred to the rest of the world. Snowden isn't around to provide testimony on any observed abuses. No case has been opened. Nothing is being pursued.


I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-07-2023 22:27
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Why Edward Snowden Is a Hero

Edward Snowden is not a hero.

There are two issues being conflated here:

1. whistle-blowing government abuse
2. disclosures of methods and technology to foreign powers that cause grave damage to the United States.

Every government worker has the responsibility to report #1 via any one of the many avenues established by Congress for such reporting, that ensures the government abuse is addressed, the whistle-blower is fully protected and no technology or methodologies are disclosed to damage the US.

Snowden, however, avoided those avenues and violated his signed non-disclosure agreement because his intention was to damage the United States without the government abuse being addressed ... while enraging a now helpless public as a bonus. You might notice that there has not been any corrective measures established by Congress. Congress can't fix technology that has been transferred to the rest of the world. Snowden isn't around to provide testimony on any observed abuses. No case has been opened. Nothing is being pursued.


Should all of your personal phone calls be recorded by the NSA? Including the medical ones about your herpes situation?

If all 6 year old girls call their friends up the block to see if they can come out to play, should every call be recorded by the NSA? And if you say yes why are the recorders not pedophiles?

PS. 100 of 100 NSA whistle blowers either committed suicide, were hanged or just plain vanished. So go for it shit-stain

PSS. The only reason that Eddy is still alive is because he only released 1% of the atrocities levied on the American people by the NSA.

PSSS. Trump has the files too.

Silly girls, LOL if you were any more predictable you would be a clock.


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 06-07-2023 22:33
07-07-2023 22:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Why Edward Snowden Is a Hero

Edward Snowden is not a hero.

There are two issues being conflated here:

1. whistle-blowing government abuse
2. disclosures of methods and technology to foreign powers that cause grave damage to the United States.

Every government worker has the responsibility to report #1 via any one of the many avenues established by Congress for such reporting, that ensures the government abuse is addressed, the whistle-blower is fully protected and no technology or methodologies are disclosed to damage the US.

Snowden, however, avoided those avenues and violated his signed non-disclosure agreement because his intention was to damage the United States without the government abuse being addressed ... while enraging a now helpless public as a bonus. You might notice that there has not been any corrective measures established by Congress. Congress can't fix technology that has been transferred to the rest of the world. Snowden isn't around to provide testimony on any observed abuses. No case has been opened. Nothing is being pursued.


What else would a brainwashed government goon like you say


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
08-07-2023 07:06
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
You would either be naive, or a special kind of stupid to believe you phone, computer, or even mail is private and secure. Lot of people have access to your communications, if they want. Most have the sense of duty, integrity not to abuse and blab about it. Really is simply, don't put crap out there you don't want shared, or used against you. Never know who your audience may be. Even Apple will sell you out, if the price is right.

Snowden should be hung, or the firing squad, publicly. Worst kind of traitor, and thief. He did it for fame and fortune, not because he cared about you. It's more than the US spying. It's what we know, and how we got the information. They could care less about your tomatoes, or your homosexual tendencies. They do care about your paranoid delusions, hero worship of scum like Snowden, and other radicals.
08-07-2023 13:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
HarveyH55 wrote:
You would either be naive, or a special kind of stupid to believe you phone, computer, or even mail is private and secure. Lot of people have access to your communications, if they want. Most have the sense of duty, integrity not to abuse and blab about it. Really is simply, don't put crap out there you don't want shared, or used against you. Never know who your audience may be. Even Apple will sell you out, if the price is right.

Snowden should be hung, or the firing squad, publicly. Worst kind of traitor, and thief. He did it for fame and fortune, not because he cared about you. It's more than the US spying. It's what we know, and how we got the information. They could care less about your tomatoes, or your homosexual tendencies. They do care about your paranoid delusions, hero worship of scum like Snowden, and other radicals.


The delusional one is you, because the only reason that we know that no form of communication is secure is because of Snowden. Which means that somewhere there are recordings of you jerking off on the gay phone sex line.

There was this guy that I worked with in the government offices, he was Irish and as so his skin color was whiter than average. I was talking about Ed so he says what do I care about it if the NSA records me, I am not a terrorist, so he thought just like you. Well this guy was known to play the ponies before sports betting was legal. So I just blurted out what is the point spread on the Patriots game. At that point the white Irish guy dropped his mouth and his skin color turned into the color of milk as I said, every phone call means every phone call meaning that every one of his sports bets to bookies was recorded somewhere.

However you do not care because you are the piece of government shit doing the recording, and as such you are owned and can never be free of your sins of recording little girls calling their friends while you jerk off with glee.

So enjoy your captivity until they kill you with one of the nonsense prescription drugs or vaccines designd to shorten life spans


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 08-07-2023 13:19
08-07-2023 21:55
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Telephones were never private, and secure. An operator could listen in to any line. An operator could break into any connection, if there was a 'emergency'. If you can hear it, someone else has the same capacity. Cell phones aren't any better. You can get included in a conference call from any phone, no special hardware required. You are a fool if you believe your communications were ever 100% private and secure. Do you really believe you wifi and mobile data is turned Off, unless you switch them On through your phone's settings? Do you really believe your phone isn't doing anything, while 'powered-down'? The settings and controls are just for the user. The phone always has full access to all features, and can be used remotely.
08-07-2023 23:40
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Telephones were never private, and secure. An operator could listen in to any line. An operator could break into any connection, if there was a 'emergency'. If you can hear it, someone else has the same capacity. Cell phones aren't any better. You can get included in a conference call from any phone, no special hardware required. You are a fool if you believe your communications were ever 100% private and secure. Do you really believe you wifi and mobile data is turned Off, unless you switch them On through your phone's settings? Do you really believe your phone isn't doing anything, while 'powered-down'? The settings and controls are just for the user. The phone always has full access to all features, and can be used remotely.


Actually it used to be common to have a phone with a removable battery, but the NSA made that illegal because a phone could be rendered powerless and removed from the grid, and thus not trackable until the battery was put back in. That said you hate Snowden because you hate the American people and the freedom that once made America the greatest place to be. That said what is one to expect from a government goon with no respect for their self or any other American.

LOL did you record any little girls today? Pedo


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
09-07-2023 01:47
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Telephones were never private, and secure. An operator could listen in to any line. An operator could break into any connection, if there was a 'emergency'. If you can hear it, someone else has the same capacity. Cell phones aren't any better. You can get included in a conference call from any phone, no special hardware required. You are a fool if you believe your communications were ever 100% private and secure. Do you really believe you wifi and mobile data is turned Off, unless you switch them On through your phone's settings? Do you really believe your phone isn't doing anything, while 'powered-down'? The settings and controls are just for the user. The phone always has full access to all features, and can be used remotely.


Actually it used to be common to have a phone with a removable battery, but the NSA made that illegal because a phone could be rendered powerless and removed from the grid, and thus not trackable until the battery was put back in. That said you hate Snowden because you hate the American people and the freedom that once made America the greatest place to be. That said what is one to expect from a government goon with no respect for their self or any other American.

LOL did you record any little girls today? Pedo


You could also wrap your phone in foil, but about a useful as your favorite hat. A lot of information can be transmitted in a few milliseconds, and you would never even know it.
09-07-2023 02:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Telephones were never private, and secure. An operator could listen in to any line. An operator could break into any connection, if there was a 'emergency'. If you can hear it, someone else has the same capacity. Cell phones aren't any better. You can get included in a conference call from any phone, no special hardware required. You are a fool if you believe your communications were ever 100% private and secure. Do you really believe you wifi and mobile data is turned Off, unless you switch them On through your phone's settings? Do you really believe your phone isn't doing anything, while 'powered-down'? The settings and controls are just for the user. The phone always has full access to all features, and can be used remotely.


Actually it used to be common to have a phone with a removable battery, but the NSA made that illegal because a phone could be rendered powerless and removed from the grid, and thus not trackable until the battery was put back in. That said you hate Snowden because you hate the American people and the freedom that once made America the greatest place to be. That said what is one to expect from a government goon with no respect for their self or any other American.

LOL did you record any little girls today? Pedo


You could also wrap your phone in foil, but about a useful as your favorite hat. A lot of information can be transmitted in a few milliseconds, and you would never even know it.


Or get a lead lined phone shield.

https://godarkbags.com/products/godark-faraday-bags-stop-hacking-and-location-tracking-of-your-cell-phone-and-tablet?gad=1

You may resume dialing in your foil hat


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
09-07-2023 13:41
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14727)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Why Edward Snowden Is a Hero

Edward Snowden is not a hero.

There are two issues being conflated here:

1. whistle-blowing government abuse
2. disclosures of methods and technology to foreign powers that cause grave damage to the United States.

Every government worker has the responsibility to report #1 via any one of the many avenues established by Congress for such reporting, that ensures the government abuse is addressed, the whistle-blower is fully protected and no technology or methodologies are disclosed to damage the US.

Snowden, however, avoided those avenues and violated his signed non-disclosure agreement because his intention was to damage the United States without the government abuse being addressed ... while enraging a now helpless public as a bonus. You might notice that there has not been any corrective measures established by Congress. Congress can't fix technology that has been transferred to the rest of the world. Snowden isn't around to provide testimony on any observed abuses. No case has been opened. Nothing is being pursued.


Should all of your personal phone calls be recorded by the NSA? Including the medical ones about your herpes situation?

You just asked if I should conflate #1 with #2. I covered that above.
09-07-2023 13:55
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14727)
Swan wrote:Actually it used to be common to have a phone with a removable battery, but the NSA made that illegal because a phone could be rendered powerless and removed from the grid, and thus not trackable until the battery was put back in.

I see that you opened with the word "actually" which means whatever you wrote is guaranteed to be incorrect. So let's read it and find out what's wrong with it.

Aaaahhh, I see the problem. You think the NSA is Congress, just like you think all other government agencies are the FBI. The NSA can't make anything illegal, although I think that they can make things amphibious.
09-07-2023 17:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Actually it used to be common to have a phone with a removable battery, but the NSA made that illegal because a phone could be rendered powerless and removed from the grid, and thus not trackable until the battery was put back in.

I see that you opened with the word "actually" which means whatever you wrote is guaranteed to be incorrect. So let's read it and find out what's wrong with it.

Aaaahhh, I see the problem. You think the NSA is Congress, just like you think all other government agencies are the FBI. The NSA can't make anything illegal, although I think that they can make things amphibious.


Why do you hate America? and Americans?

Actually, how the NSA can 'turn on' your phone remotely

Even if you power off your cell phone, the U.S. government can turn it back on.
That's what ex-spy Edward Snowden revealed in last week's interview with NBC's Brian Williams. It sounds like sorcery. Can someone truly bring your phone back to life without touching it?

No. But government spies can get your phone to play dead.

It's a crafty hack. You press the button. The device buzzes. You see the usual power-off animation. The screen goes black. But it'll secretly stay on -- microphone listening and camera recording.

How did they get into your phone in the first place? Here's an explanation by former members of the CIA, Navy SEALs and consultants to the U.S. military's cyber warfare team. They've seen it firsthand.

Related: Google testing super-secure email

Government spies can set up their own miniature cell network tower. Your phone automatically connects to it. Now, that tower's radio waves send a command to your phone's antennae: the baseband chip. That tells your phone to fake any shutdown and stay on.

A smart hack won't keep your phone running at 100%, though. Spies could keep your phone on standby and just use the microphone -- or send pings announcing your location.

John Pirc, who did cybersecurity research at the CIA, said these methods -- and others, like physically bugging devices -- let the U.S. hijack and reawaken terrorists' phones.

Related: Cybersecurity: How safe are you?

"The only way you can tell is if your phone feels warm when it's turned off. That means the baseband processor is still running," said Pirc, now chief technology officer of the NSS Labs security research firm.

This isn't easy to accomplish. It's a highly targeted attack. But if you are really concerned about the government's ability to reawaken your phone, here are some things you could do.

Recovery mode. Put your phone on what's known as Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode. This bypasses the phone's operating system. Every phone has a different approach for this.

It's fairly easy (albeit cumbersome) for iPhone users. Plug it into a computer with iTunes open. Hold down the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds (no less) then let go of the Power button. Wait for an iTunes pop-up. That's it.

For Android users, recovery mode varies by model. Android Magazine has a great tutorial here.

Create a barrier. Use a signal-blocking phone case. You can buy them (Off Pocket, HideCell) or even make your own -- assuming you have the patience to do so.

Pull out the battery. Without a power source, the phone can't come back on. This is the best, most surefire option. It's also, annoyingly, no longer a choice on most top-of-the-line smartphones. The iPhone, HTC One and Nokia Lumia don't have removable batteries. Luckily, the Samsung Galaxy and LG G3 still do.

Silent Circle, a company that enables top-end private communication, kept these issues in mind when it co-created the Blackphone. It has a removable battery. It uses PrivatOS, a stripped-down version of Android that reduces tracking.

And because spoofed cell towers can target its antennae too, Blackphone's makers are working with chipmaker Nvidia (NVDA) to develop their own custom, more secure baseband chip.

Silent Circle CEO Mike Janke, a former Navy SEAL, said they designed the phone based on revelations that the NSA can find powered off phones and the FBI can tap their microphones.

You probably don't need to fear that the National Security Agency is using this strategy on your phone, Janke said. Those spies are focused on hunting down a specified list of terrorists and foreign fighters. But he noted that the FBI is using these kinds of surveillance tactics in the U.S. for all sorts of crimes. Most notably however the FBI has declared literally everyone who voted for Trump to be a terrorist, as well as all Catholics.


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 09-07-2023 17:34
09-07-2023 19:04
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
You are truly ignorant of hardware and software... When you have a problem with your phone or computer, how often do you need to do anything more than call customer service? Most problems are 'fixed' remotely these days. Only physical damage requires you to take it to a shop, have a technician visit, or send your device somewhere.

Updates are frequent, and will usually 'correct' any changes you made, to reduce mis-use of your device. Updates are done over the internet, or your mobile data. No one shares all their little secrets...
09-07-2023 20:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
HarveyH55 wrote:
You are truly ignorant of hardware and software... When you have a problem with your phone or computer, how often do you need to do anything more than call customer service? Most problems are 'fixed' remotely these days. Only physical damage requires you to take it to a shop, have a technician visit, or send your device somewhere.

Updates are frequent, and will usually 'correct' any changes you made, to reduce mis-use of your device. Updates are done over the internet, or your mobile data. No one shares all their little secrets...


LOL, the only reason that you need updates is so that they can collect your information. Did you know that windows works just fine without an internet connection and no updates, ever? And with no internet connection there are no viruses either.

Now why do you hate America and Americans to the point where you want every phone call that they make recorded?


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
09-07-2023 23:32
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
You are truly ignorant of hardware and software... When you have a problem with your phone or computer, how often do you need to do anything more than call customer service? Most problems are 'fixed' remotely these days. Only physical damage requires you to take it to a shop, have a technician visit, or send your device somewhere.

Updates are frequent, and will usually 'correct' any changes you made, to reduce mis-use of your device. Updates are done over the internet, or your mobile data. No one shares all their little secrets...


LOL, the only reason that you need updates is so that they can collect your information. Did you know that windows works just fine without an internet connection and no updates, ever? And with no internet connection there are no viruses either.

Now why do you hate America and Americans to the point where you want every phone call that they make recorded?


I've heard that virus come from surfing gay porn. Never had a virus problem. Don't do updates, as I don't have high-speed internet. Windows 10 was persistent, took a lot of work to disable the updates. Which pretty much killed my using the internet, when it tried to update.

Why are you so naive to believe your phone calls were never monitored? There was always the potential. Simple enough not to say anything that will haunt you. Of course, you can't help yourself, so you are paranoid.
10-07-2023 00:24
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
You are truly ignorant of hardware and software... When you have a problem with your phone or computer, how often do you need to do anything more than call customer service? Most problems are 'fixed' remotely these days. Only physical damage requires you to take it to a shop, have a technician visit, or send your device somewhere.

Updates are frequent, and will usually 'correct' any changes you made, to reduce mis-use of your device. Updates are done over the internet, or your mobile data. No one shares all their little secrets...


LOL, the only reason that you need updates is so that they can collect your information. Did you know that windows works just fine without an internet connection and no updates, ever? And with no internet connection there are no viruses either.

Now why do you hate America and Americans to the point where you want every phone call that they make recorded?


I've heard that virus come from surfing gay porn. Never had a virus problem. Don't do updates, as I don't have high-speed internet. Windows 10 was persistent, took a lot of work to disable the updates. Which pretty much killed my using the internet, when it tried to update.

Why are you so naive to believe your phone calls were never monitored? There was always the potential. Simple enough not to say anything that will haunt you. Of course, you can't help yourself, so you are paranoid.


You are wrong because it used to be that a warrant had to be issued and or the phone company was involved in tapping a call. However the more important question is why do you hate America, all Americans and privacy in general. LOL you are really making an ass of yourself in trying to justify the NSA's crimes.


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
10-07-2023 00:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22248)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
You are truly ignorant of hardware and software... When you have a problem with your phone or computer, how often do you need to do anything more than call customer service? Most problems are 'fixed' remotely these days. Only physical damage requires you to take it to a shop, have a technician visit, or send your device somewhere.

Updates are frequent, and will usually 'correct' any changes you made, to reduce mis-use of your device. Updates are done over the internet, or your mobile data. No one shares all their little secrets...


LOL, the only reason that you need updates is so that they can collect your information. Did you know that windows works just fine without an internet connection and no updates, ever? And with no internet connection there are no viruses either.

Now why do you hate America and Americans to the point where you want every phone call that they make recorded?


I've heard that virus come from surfing gay porn. Never had a virus problem. Don't do updates, as I don't have high-speed internet. Windows 10 was persistent, took a lot of work to disable the updates. Which pretty much killed my using the internet, when it tried to update.

Why are you so naive to believe your phone calls were never monitored? There was always the potential. Simple enough not to say anything that will haunt you. Of course, you can't help yourself, so you are paranoid.


You are wrong because it used to be that a warrant had to be issued and or the phone company was involved in tapping a call.

Never was. You are hallucinating again.
Swan wrote:
However the more important question is why do you hate America, all Americans and privacy in general.

He doesn't. You are hallucinating again.
Swan wrote:
LOL you are really making an ass of yourself in trying to justify the NSA's crimes.

What crimes? You are hallucinating again.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-07-2023 01:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
You are truly ignorant of hardware and software... When you have a problem with your phone or computer, how often do you need to do anything more than call customer service? Most problems are 'fixed' remotely these days. Only physical damage requires you to take it to a shop, have a technician visit, or send your device somewhere.

Updates are frequent, and will usually 'correct' any changes you made, to reduce mis-use of your device. Updates are done over the internet, or your mobile data. No one shares all their little secrets...


LOL, the only reason that you need updates is so that they can collect your information. Did you know that windows works just fine without an internet connection and no updates, ever? And with no internet connection there are no viruses either.

Now why do you hate America and Americans to the point where you want every phone call that they make recorded?


I've heard that virus come from surfing gay porn. Never had a virus problem. Don't do updates, as I don't have high-speed internet. Windows 10 was persistent, took a lot of work to disable the updates. Which pretty much killed my using the internet, when it tried to update.

Why are you so naive to believe your phone calls were never monitored? There was always the potential. Simple enough not to say anything that will haunt you. Of course, you can't help yourself, so you are paranoid.


You are wrong because it used to be that a warrant had to be issued and or the phone company was involved in tapping a call.

Never was. You are hallucinating again.
Swan wrote:
However the more important question is why do you hate America, all Americans and privacy in general.

He doesn't. You are hallucinating again.
Swan wrote:
LOL you are really making an ass of yourself in trying to justify the NSA's crimes.

What crimes? You are hallucinating again.


Wiretapping is the act of recording communications between parties, often without their consent. While wiretaps can be a powerful tool for authorities conducting criminal investigations, they are also legally at odds with the right to privacy and the constitutional protection against unreasonable search and seizure. The Supreme Court, in Katz v. United States expanded the Fourth Amendment right to cover electronic wiretaps. The case recognized that wiretaps allowed third parties to gain access to the same type of information that one could access had they trespassed on private property.

Following the Katz decision, Congress passed the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) in 1986. Title I of the ECPA, also known as the Wiretap Act, expressly prohibits the intentional use of wiretaps to intercept or attempt to intercept electronic communications. States also have their own wiretapping acts that mimic the language of the Wiretap Act. For example, New Jersey's wiretapping statute closely resembles the Wiretap Act in prohibiting the interception and disclosure of intercepted communications.

As a result of these protections, authorities, such as the attorney general, must receive authorization from a judge of competent jurisdiction to use wiretaps. The application for authorization is required by statute and must include key information such as: (1) the basis for suspecting an offense that warrants the use of a wiretap to investigate further; (2) whether other investigative means have been employed; and (3) the period in which the wiretap would be employed. Unless the persons being wiretapped voted for Trump or are of the Catholic faith, then they are automatically terrorist according to the retards at the FBI

One of the most common means of contesting wiretaps and to prevent their evidence from being admitted, is challenging the necessity of the wiretap. For example, the Ninth Circuit has held that the subject of wiretapping had standing to suppress evidence where it was found that wiretapping was not necessary. This finding was justified on the basis that the government failed to show that they had (1) fully utilized other investigative procedures; and (2) that other investigative procedures would be unlikely to succeed, affirming the policy stance that wiretapping should only be used as a last resort when all other means would be insufficient

You may now resume choking your chicken


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 10-07-2023 01:52
10-07-2023 03:24
James_
★★★★★
(2273)
You guys are morons. I think the U.S. Marshall Service is aware of who I am. I was told the call I received was a hoax. I support a 2 State solution according to what the Jewish anti-defamation league and their Zionist leadership supports.
Asking Israelis to support their own people draws the interest of such alphabet agencies (NSA).
Edited on 10-07-2023 03:25
10-07-2023 04:05
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
James_ wrote:
You guys are morons. I think the U.S. Marshall Service is aware of who I am. I was told the call I received was a hoax. I support a 2 State solution according to what the Jewish anti-defamation league and their Zionist leadership supports.
Asking Israelis to support their own people draws the interest of such alphabet agencies (NSA).


Anything to distract away from the NSA recording every little girls phone calls and the FBI treating Trump voters and Catholics like terrorist.

Magnificently failed psychology.


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-07-2023 23:35
James_
★★★★★
(2273)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
You guys are morons. I think the U.S. Marshall Service is aware of who I am. I was told the call I received was a hoax. I support a 2 State solution according to what the Jewish anti-defamation league and their Zionist leadership supports.
Asking Israelis to support their own people draws the interest of such alphabet agencies (NSA).


Anything to distract away from the NSA recording every little girls phone calls and the FBI treating Trump voters and Catholics like terrorist.

Magnificently failed psychology.



My issue with Snowden is what he made known. ie., It's not that the U.S. spies on its allies, when it comes to Saudi Arabia, why promote a Holy War or Jihad? Anyone who knows anything knows that Christians are not allowed in Saudi Arabia. It's a Muslim country.
With politics, that doesn't always allow for a person to be Shiite, Sunni or Christian.
12-07-2023 13:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
You guys are morons. I think the U.S. Marshall Service is aware of who I am. I was told the call I received was a hoax. I support a 2 State solution according to what the Jewish anti-defamation league and their Zionist leadership supports.
Asking Israelis to support their own people draws the interest of such alphabet agencies (NSA).


Anything to distract away from the NSA recording every little girls phone calls and the FBI treating Trump voters and Catholics like terrorist.

Magnificently failed psychology.



My issue with Snowden is what he made known. ie., It's not that the U.S. spies on its allies, when it comes to Saudi Arabia, why promote a Holy War or Jihad? Anyone who knows anything knows that Christians are not allowed in Saudi Arabia. It's a Muslim country.
With politics, that doesn't always allow for a person to be Shiite, Sunni or Christian.


Anything to distract away from the NSA recording every little girls phone calls and the FBI treating Trump voters and Catholics like terrorist.

Magnificently failed psychology.


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
12-07-2023 16:22
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14727)
Swan wrote: Anything to distract away from the FBI not interviewing Trump voters and Catholics.

Maybe the FBI is still working diligently on creating unhackable quantum nuclear codes. Maybe ALL interviews will have to be put on hold until unhackability is established.

Hey, Swan, have you heard about the discovery that certain electrons that were pushed to their location by a glacier have been classified as moraines? This is great news. Now we can apply a Hadamard gate and superimpose the Library of Congress. When we're done, we can put them in a battery to power an electric toothbrush! How did we ever live before modern technology?
12-07-2023 16:27
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Anything to distract away from the FBI not interviewing Trump voters and Catholics.

Maybe the FBI is still working diligently on creating unhackable quantum nuclear codes. Maybe ALL interviews will have to be put on hold until unhackability is established.

Hey, Swan, have you heard about the discovery that certain electrons that were pushed to their location by a glacier have been classified as moraines? This is great news. Now we can apply a Hadamard gate and superimpose the Library of Congress. When we're done, we can put them in a battery to power an electric toothbrush! How did we ever live before modern technology?


DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

But you already knew that and just play dumb for your internet friends


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
12-07-2023 21:10
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14727)
Swan wrote: DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

DARPA is not working on non-existent computing.

The top level of encryption technology is elliptic curve. There are no quantum computers.
12-07-2023 23:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22248)
Swan wrote:
Wiretapping is the act of recording communications between parties, often without their consent.

Most wiretaps have consent. One particularly glaring example is radio talk shows, which routinely use phone taps.
Swan wrote:
While wiretaps can be a powerful tool for authorities conducting criminal investigations,

They really aren't.
Swan wrote:
they are also legally at odds with the right to privacy and the constitutional protection against unreasonable search and seizure.

Correct.
Swan wrote:
The Supreme Court, in Katz v. United States expanded the Fourth Amendment right to cover electronic wiretaps.

The Supreme Court has no authority to change the Constitution. Also, no 'expansion' was needed.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-07-2023 00:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22248)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

DARPA is not working on non-existent computing.

The top level of encryption technology is elliptic curve. There are no quantum computers.

This encryption algorithm is pretty cool. VERY secure.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-07-2023 00:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

DARPA is not working on non-existent computing.

The top level of encryption technology is elliptic curve. There are no quantum computers.


Well you would know being a fifth grade dropout who became a pro potato peeler.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/moorinsights/2023/02/01/darpa-gets-serious-about-quantum-five-year-funding-to-build-fault-tolerant-quantum-computers-goes-to-atom-computing-microsoft-and-psiquantum/?sh=6d88a9e16980

DARPA Gets Serious About Quantum: Five-Year Funding To Build Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computers Goes To Atom Computing, Microsoft And PsiQuantum

DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, has announced that it has selected the companies that will receive funding under its Underexplored Systems for Utility-Scale Quantum Computing (US2QC) program.

The companies selected for US2QC are:

Atom Computing — Atom is based in Berkeley, California and has an advanced research facility in Boulder, Colorado. In October 2021, Atom unveiled a gate-based 100-qubit quantum computer called Phoenix, which uses an optical array platform based on strontium neutral atom spin qubits. These qubits have an exceptionally long coherence time of about 40 seconds. A second generation machine with more qubits, higher fidelity and advanced features is expected to be announced soon.
Microsoft — Microsoft's quantum platform, which so far has no working prototype, is based on highly theoretical topological qubits and Majorana fermions. After early problems with misinterpretation of results, the company has restarted its topological research program. Microsoft recently announced progress and detected a topological gap, an important indicator that the research is on track.
PsiQuantum — Based in Palo Alto, California, the company is developing a single photon-based quantum computer. Rather than developing intermediate qubit-sized processors, for its first release PsiQuantum is planning on a million-qubit processor. It is using Global Foundries for fabrication of its CMOS silicon processor.
Purposes of the US2QC program

DARPA is sponsoring the US2QC program to explore new ways to scale qubit count for larger systems, create additional layers of entanglement connectivity for faster performance and develop a broader set of quantum error correction algorithms for fault tolerance. Specifically, DARPA wants to determine if relatively new quantum technologies such as neutral atom, topological and photonics can be leveraged to develop a fault-tolerant quantum computer within ten years. Although the amount of funding wasn't specified, I expect it will be enough to significantly move the needle for the corporate teams involved, given the program's five-year span and DARPA's $4.1 billion 2023 budget.

It is important for the United States to maintain its global lead in quantum computing and be the first to build a fault-tolerant quantum machine. In the DARPA press release, Joe Altepeter, US2QC program manager in DARPA's Defense Sciences Office, helped explain why. He said: "Experts disagree on whether a utility-scale quantum computer based on conventional designs is still decades away or could be achieved much sooner. The goal of US2QC is to reduce the danger of strategic surprise from underexplored quantum computing systems. We put out a call last year saying that if anyone thought they had a truly revolutionary approach to building a useful quantum computer in the near future—less than 10 years—we wanted to hear from them. We offered to collaborate by funding additional experts to join their team and provide rigorous government verification and validation of their proposed solutions to determine its viability. The ultimate outcome of the program is a win-win—for U.S. commercial leadership in this strategically important technology area and for national security to avoid being surprised."

Rob Hays, CEO and President of Atom Computing, explained the advantages for Atom in the DARPA program. "It's almost like creating a parallel prototyping roadmap that accelerates the future relative to what we could do on our own without the DARPA partnership," he said. "The partnership comes in the form of dollars to offset our internal costs, and it also provides access to experts from the Defense Department, academia and national labs to help direct us and provide feedback on our results. It's very valuable and we're very honored to be selected to help advance the state of the art."

MORE FROMFORBES ADVISOR
Best Travel Insurance Companies
ByAmy DaniseEditor
Best Covid-19 Travel Insurance Plans
ByAmy DaniseEditor
Why DARPA is involved with quantum computing

DARPA was created in 1958 by President Dwight Eisenhower as part of the United States Department of Defense. It was formed with the goal of preventing technological surprises from adversaries, such as when the Soviet Union launched Sputnik, the world's first satellite, allowing it to gain a lead over the United States in space technology. DARPA's mission is to invest in high-risk, high-reward research projects that have potential to revolutionize the military and civilian industries.

Forbes Daily: Get our best stories, exclusive reporting and essential analysis of the day's news in your inbox every weekday.

Email address
Sign Up
By signing up, you accept and agree to our Terms of Service (including the class action waiver and arbitration provisions), and Privacy Statement.
DARPA's funding portfolio contains a wide range of research projects, from basic scientific studies to the development of advanced technologies like the Internet, GPS and autonomous vehicles. Besides quantum computing, DARPA continues to invest in emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and bio-engineering.

Roadmap for the US2QC program

Moving from the architecture of today's prototype quantum computers to a fault-tolerant architecture requires development of technologies and software that don't yet exist. The DARPA program represents a five-year commitment of funds and resources by both DARPA and the companies participating in the US2QC program to address this challenge.

The program was designed with a clear understanding that it is a long-term effort. DARPA has also incorporated a flexible acquisition strategy to fund efforts that are mutually beneficial for both the U.S. Government and for companies that may already be expending significant resources to achieve rapid progress in quantum computing systems.

Picture14
Example program structure for a US2QC effort. Blue circles show milestones and arrows show ... [+]DARPA.MIL
Phase 0: Each company must present a comprehensive plan for building a fault-tolerant quantum computer. The plan must include the components and subsystems, expected performance and strategies for mitigating technical risks. This plan for this phase should provide enough information to create a research and development roadmap for the prototype.

Phase 1: Using the information from Phase 0, the companies must design and construct a fault-tolerant prototype that meets the specifications outlined in the plan.

Phase 2: Each company will work with the government team to transition from today's noisy intermediate-stage quantum (NISQ) designs to fault-tolerant designs and to ensure that the new components and subsystems meet the fault-tolerance specifications established in Phase 1. The final design for the prototype must incorporate the measured performance of these components and subsystems. The final machine will have all the elements needed to build a fault-tolerant system—likely not at full size initially, but capable of scaling up over time.

Wrapping up

The need for the United States and its allies to achieve quantum fault-tolerance before their adversaries is widely acknowledged by experts. Three years ago, I wrote an article titled "Quantum USA Vs. Quantum China: The World's Most Important Technology Race" highlighting the challenges and crucial matters involved. Although the challenges have changed and the funding has increased, those crucial matters remain unchanged.

Quantum computing players IBM and Rigetti (superconducting technology) and IonQ and Quantinuum (trapped-ion technology) were not chosen for the DARPA program because they have already made significant investments in their technologies and have viable plans for achieving fault-tolerant machines with high-qubit numbers in the long term.

DARPA's long-term funding and resource commitment bring new focus to the three additional technologies of nuclear spin qubits in neutral atoms (Atom Computing), photonic quantum computing (PsiQuantum) and topological quantum (Microsoft). Funding alone can't overcome the difficult physics and engineering challenges of fault-tolerance, but resource collaboration between the government and private companies could reduce the time needed to develop workable solutions.

While it's possible that much of the research under this program may not be disclosed, the existence of the program is important to U.S. quantum computing. I anticipate that the program will accelerate the timeline for fault-tolerance, resulting in major progress being achieved in five years instead of the previous prediction of 10.

Analyst notes:

1. Of the three companies selected by DARPA, Atom Computing is the only one with a working programable quantum prototype. Its first generation machine consists of 100 nuclear spin qubits in an array of optically-trapped neutral atoms. Its second generation machine is being built at its Boulder, Colorado lab. My estimate is that its next machine will have 300-plus qubits of higher fidelity than its first generation machine. Atom has also published a number of research papers geared toward improving its future-generation machines. Scaling potential and coherence is excellent. Considering these factors, I believe Atom Computing has a two- to three-year lead on the other companies going into the five-year US2QC program.

2. PsiQuantum has made amazing progress with fabrication of its chips. That said, I would be more encouraged about the architecture if PsiQuantum had a working prototype. However, PsiQuantum has made it clear that it is not interested in baby steps; it is planning one giant leap to a million qubits. One component still needed to complete its architecture is an ultra-fast optical switch. Because none are available that fit its needs, the last time I talked to PsiQuantum they were building their own switch. Scaling is also a big plus for this architecture. The DARPA program could provide the resources for the giant leap that the company has been working on.

3. Microsoft's quantum computing research relies on one of the most beautiful quantum theories—but unfortunately, it's based on theoretical Majorana quasiparticles that no one has ever actually detected. That said, Microsoft researchers believe they have recently detected one of the key signatures of these quasiparticles. If it is possible to create a quantum computer with Majorana quasiparticles, my estimate is that it could take another 15 to 20 years. Collaboration with DARPA might shorten the timeframe by a few years.

4. If all three companies complete DARPA's five year US2QC program, there will be no losers. Each company will have accelerated its own program and increased the potential and usefulness of its architecture while advancing the state of the art in quantum computing as a whole. Also, considering the funding and the expansive resources being dedicated to the program by DARPA, I believe there is a good chance that at least one of the companies will indeed produce a fault-tolerant quantum computer.

You may now resume choking your chicken


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
13-07-2023 00:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

DARPA is not working on non-existent computing.

The top level of encryption technology is elliptic curve. There are no quantum computers.

This encryption algorithm is pretty cool. VERY secure.


Nothing is as secure as my proprietary tomato fertilizer formula


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
13-07-2023 01:32
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Basically another government handout... Marketing hype doesn't live up to any actual results, and these companies face some serious financial embarrassment if they can't deliver. But, it's a flawed concept. Works on paper, but those damn qubits just won't cooperate in hardware attempts. "These qubits have an exceptionally long coherence time of about 40 seconds." Wow, a quantum leap, from milliseconds of previous attempts...
13-07-2023 02:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Basically another government handout... Marketing hype doesn't live up to any actual results, and these companies face some serious financial embarrassment if they can't deliver. But, it's a flawed concept. Works on paper, but those damn qubits just won't cooperate in hardware attempts. "These qubits have an exceptionally long coherence time of about 40 seconds." Wow, a quantum leap, from milliseconds of previous attempts...


Your life will be over and all you will have done, is to say that it can't be done.

Sad


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
13-07-2023 08:18
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22248)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

DARPA is not working on non-existent computing.

The top level of encryption technology is elliptic curve. There are no quantum computers.


Well you would know being a fifth grade dropout who became a pro potato peeler.

DARPA Gets Serious About Quantum: Five-Year Funding To Build Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computers Goes To Atom Computing, Microsoft And PsiQuantum

There is no such thing as a 'quantum computer'. DARPA is not working on 'quantum computers'.

Neither is Microsoft, Atom, nor PsiQuantum.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-07-2023 12:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

DARPA is not working on non-existent computing.

The top level of encryption technology is elliptic curve. There are no quantum computers.


Well you would know being a fifth grade dropout who became a pro potato peeler.

DARPA Gets Serious About Quantum: Five-Year Funding To Build Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computers Goes To Atom Computing, Microsoft And PsiQuantum

There is no such thing as a 'quantum computer'. DARPA is not working on 'quantum computers'.

Neither is Microsoft, Atom, nor PsiQuantum.


Did you learn to troll like that in psychology 101? Because if so your life is a complete failure. That said we determined this already long ago.


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
13-07-2023 19:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22248)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

DARPA is not working on non-existent computing.

The top level of encryption technology is elliptic curve. There are no quantum computers.


Well you would know being a fifth grade dropout who became a pro potato peeler.

DARPA Gets Serious About Quantum: Five-Year Funding To Build Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computers Goes To Atom Computing, Microsoft And PsiQuantum

There is no such thing as a 'quantum computer'. DARPA is not working on 'quantum computers'.

Neither is Microsoft, Atom, nor PsiQuantum.


Did you learn to troll like that in psychology 101? Because if so your life is a complete failure. That said we determined this already long ago.

LOL I'm the one that owns my own company. You're the one stuck at home with your tomatoes and trying to figure out what a moraine is!


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-07-2023 23:24
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

DARPA is not working on non-existent computing.

The top level of encryption technology is elliptic curve. There are no quantum computers.


Well you would know being a fifth grade dropout who became a pro potato peeler.

DARPA Gets Serious About Quantum: Five-Year Funding To Build Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computers Goes To Atom Computing, Microsoft And PsiQuantum

There is no such thing as a 'quantum computer'. DARPA is not working on 'quantum computers'.

Neither is Microsoft, Atom, nor PsiQuantum.


Did you learn to troll like that in psychology 101? Because if so your life is a complete failure. That said we determined this already long ago.

LOL I'm the one that owns my own company. You're the one stuck at home with your tomatoes and trying to figure out what a moraine is!

And I am the guy who owns the companies Alphabet, Apple and Raytheon to mention three

You may now continue sucking out septic tanks with a straw like your company specializes in


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
14-07-2023 15:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14727)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

DARPA is not working on non-existent computing.

The top level of encryption technology is elliptic curve. There are no quantum computers.


Well you would know being a fifth grade dropout who became a pro potato peeler.

Swan, start throwing your stock-ownership weight around and get us all invitations to observe the next record-setting demonstration of quantum-entanglement so we can watch it in person, and then observe directly as a quantum computer solves a predisclosed problem ten million times faster than I can get my standard computer piece of junk to solve that same problem using Java or Python.

Get us in to see these demonstrations BEFORE the otherwise totally after-the-fact fabricated press release of the otherwise unobserved event.

Get us tickets to the show.
14-07-2023 16:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5743)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

DARPA is not working on non-existent computing.

The top level of encryption technology is elliptic curve. There are no quantum computers.


Well you would know being a fifth grade dropout who became a pro potato peeler.

Swan, start throwing your stock-ownership weight around and get us all invitations to observe the next record-setting demonstration of quantum-entanglement so we can watch it in person, and then observe directly as a quantum computer solves a predisclosed problem ten million times faster than I can get my standard computer piece of junk to solve that same problem using Java or Python.

Get us in to see these demonstrations BEFORE the otherwise totally after-the-fact fabricated press release of the otherwise unobserved event.

Get us tickets to the show.


Market Summary
>
Apple Inc
190.96 USD
+143.10 (299.00%)past 5 years
Jul 14, 9:51 AM EDT * Disclaimer


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
15-07-2023 19:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22248)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: DARPA is working full tilt on quantum codes as the security of all data depends on those codes being in place before the enemy perfects quantum hacking.

DARPA is not working on non-existent computing.

The top level of encryption technology is elliptic curve. There are no quantum computers.


Well you would know being a fifth grade dropout who became a pro potato peeler.

DARPA Gets Serious About Quantum: Five-Year Funding To Build Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computers Goes To Atom Computing, Microsoft And PsiQuantum

There is no such thing as a 'quantum computer'. DARPA is not working on 'quantum computers'.

Neither is Microsoft, Atom, nor PsiQuantum.


Did you learn to troll like that in psychology 101? Because if so your life is a complete failure. That said we determined this already long ago.

LOL I'm the one that owns my own company. You're the one stuck at home with your tomatoes and trying to figure out what a moraine is!

And I am the guy who owns the companies Alphabet, Apple and Raytheon to mention three

You may now continue sucking out septic tanks with a straw like your company specializes in

Since you obviously think truck drivers are uneducated scum and you despise the trucking industry and plumbing industry, you are in ingrate. NONE of your precious stocks that you claim to own would be worth ANYTHING without that trucking industry or that plumbing industry.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-07-2023 20:14
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
What is private communications? You have to 'trust' that the people working around the communication, will 'respect' you 'right' to privacy, and not listen in. You need a low IQ to believe that you can trust complete strangers, or anyone, for that matter, with sensitive matters you don't want shared. Some people spend a lot of time and money on encryption, to ensure privacy in their communications. There's an app for that... Then, there are people, who spend a lot of time and money to get around the encryption, since there must be a reason, and something of value being hidden. Sometimes, defeating doesn't have to be better hardware, or software. Swan wonders why the NSA would monitor/record children's phone calls... Kids don't know what is suppose to be private, or who they can trust. Sometimes they get pissed off with their parents, and vent to a 'friend', giving up some 'private' details. Daddy's business phone might have additional encryption, but not family and friends.
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate Is Edward Snowden a hero? Should all of your personal phone calls be recorded?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
July 4, 2023 - Hottest day ever recorded27713-07-2024 01:30
A personal experience for climate change deniers23029-09-2023 14:37
musk calls for a pause4503-04-2023 22:31
The New International Personal Passport Will Be The Key For Society Evolution012-08-2022 09:51
Pizza Hut facing boycott calls after promoting 'drag kids' book for kindergartners1508-06-2022 13:29
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact