Remember me
▼ Content

Covid19

Page 1 of 6123>>>
Covid1903-07-2020 22:37
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Apparently Covid 19 may have mutated into a virus that is not necessarily more lethal (maybe even less lethal) but quite a bit more contagious. That would make it more lethal in a sense because more people will become infected.
It could be that Harvey, ITN, IBD, and gfm will be right in the end and covid19 will become nothing more than another carona virus "cold". A lot of people will die on the way to that eventuality IF that does happen.
Edited on 03-07-2020 22:38
03-07-2020 23:26
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)
keepit wrote:Apparently Covid 19 may have mutated into a virus that is not necessarily more lethal (maybe even less lethal) but quite a bit more contagious.

... but probably not ... and it really can't get any less lethal seeing as how nobody has died from it.

keepit wrote: It could be that Harvey, ITN, IBD, and gfm will be right in the end and covid19 will become nothing more than another carona virus "cold".

Nope, not a cold. The flu. We are correct that COVID-19 was last year's flu season's flu ... and that it was a particularly mild flu at that ... but was nonetheless successfully used as the basis for a global hoax ... because the world is full of gullible sheep like yourself who live to eat up baseless government fear-mongering out of a desperate need to be manipulated and abused like a Craftsman tool.
Attached image:

03-07-2020 23:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
keepit wrote:
Apparently Covid 19 may have mutated into a virus that is not necessarily more lethal (maybe even less lethal) but quite a bit more contagious. That would make it more lethal in a sense because more people will become infected.

If Covid19 mutates into something else, it is no longer Covid19.
keepit wrote:
It could be that Harvey, ITN, IBD, and gfm will be right in the end and covid19 will become nothing more than another carona virus "cold". A lot of people will die on the way to that eventuality IF that does happen.

So...the virus is less lethal and more people will die from it....Riiiiight.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-07-2020 01:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
IBD,
Just some paranoid ramblings.

ITN,
C'mon ITN. You can make that calculation.
04-07-2020 02:33
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:

If covid mutates into something else, then it is no longer covid. Is it more lethal or less lethal? Make up your fear mongering mind...

I still don't know any more people who have contracted it besides the two I mentioned a while back... On another note, counting "probable cases" as "cases" is rather dishonest (I suppose that cases have to be manufactured to still keep the headlines in the news about "spikes in cases" and similar nonsense)...
04-07-2020 03:00
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
gfm,
As i understand it covid19 stands for corona virus December 2019. The part that mutated (not sure) is one or more of the spikes on the outside and that makes it more contagious but yes, it is still the same, approximately, virus. From what i heard the mutation makes it more contagious and less lethal but these are preliminary findings fro what i heard.
Why are you so argumentative?
04-07-2020 04:22
(3314)
...this is a debate forum keepit...
04-07-2020 04:28
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
But not a child's forum.
04-07-2020 04:42
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
We are only 6 months into this thing. Mostly short observations and speculations, used for fear mongering, and begging for research funding. I strongly believe it's just another cold virus (primarily upper respiratory infection). There are two other coronaviruses, that are labeled season cold viruses, which might have something to do with people testing positive.

Any parasite that is highly lethal (kills the host quickly), doesn't get much of a chance to reproduce, and spread. Less lethal, reproduces more, and spreads further. Not a new observation. The less lethal mutations, spread more. Viruses go through a lot of generations, and mutations happen all the time. Mutations are almost always fatal (to the virus). It's rare that a new strain has any radically different characteristics, that make a huge change on it's success. More fear mongering, something that could happen, but highly unlikely.

Woman that was sent home a couple weeks ago to self quarantine, returned to work this week. Had a chance to talk with her this morning, and she only was maybe exposed, no symptoms. Only got paid 2/3rds her regular wages while out.. Gave me a big hug. Guess most people weren't wanting to get too close... Could likely have had some holiday weekend plans there, too. We have been getting notice of cases at work, but it really sound like 'suspected' cases. She was never actually tested. Guess if she was one of those asymptomatic cases, I could be infected now...

I'm really skeptical about the testing, and the tracing crap they keep selling. Labs can only processes a certain number of cases per day, and were already running at maximum capacity. The CDC guidelines for reopening, suggest increasing the number of daily tests, which obviously, the labs aren't going to process, in a timely manner. 6 months of testing, and Florida just reach 3%, of the total 21.6 million population. That's presuming one test per person. Some people obviously get tested regularly. The focus was mainly scared, high-risk people, mostly self-isolated, until recently. The reopenings, are requiring younger people, who want to get back to work, get tested first. Also, with schools getting closer, day care, kids are getting tested a lot as well. Kids, are traditionally germ-monsters, major spreaders of all bad things. This likely the reason for the spikes. It's really odd nobody on TV is considering it, seems obvious enough.

Previously, testing focused on people mostly likely to die, while ignoring the 99% of the population, mostly likely to be infected and spreading, and least likely to need medical attention.
04-07-2020 13:31
(21600)
keepit wrote:
IBD,
Just some paranoid ramblings.

ITN,
C'mon ITN. You can make that calculation.

What calculation?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-07-2020 13:32
(21600)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
As i understand it covid19 stands for corona virus December 2019. The part that mutated (not sure) is one or more of the spikes on the outside and that makes it more contagious but yes, it is still the same, approximately, virus.

Then it's no longer Covid19.
keepit wrote:
From what i heard the mutation makes it more contagious and less lethal but these are preliminary findings fro what i heard.
Why are you so argumentative?

And you continue to say it's less lethal and will cause more deaths. Riiiiight.

The Parrot Killer

04-07-2020 22:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
You're more trouble than you're worth but i'll answer it anyway.
To start with those little sprouts on the outside of the virus are what the virus uses to gain entry into the cell. The genetic material that is injected through the sprouts is what causes the illness. As i understand it the sprouts have mutated making them capable of doing a more efficient job at gaining entry (more contagious). Also as i understand it the genetic material may be becoming less efficient at causing illness.
So, if, for example, the genetic material becomes, let's say 90% less effective at causing serious disease and the sprouts become, let's say 50% more effective at transmitting disease (more contagious), then there will be a lot more people sick and more people dying (in a sense more lethal).
04-07-2020 23:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
I think what's actually being said about it is that it's coming from Europe and is G614 I think. They said people get sick just the same as before, only this is more contagious.
05-07-2020 00:05
(21600)
keepit wrote:
This should be good.

keepit wrote:
To start with those little sprouts on the outside of the virus are what the virus uses to gain entry into the cell.
Viruses don't have sprouts.
keepit wrote:
The genetic material that is injected through the sprouts is what causes the illness.

Nope. It is the dead cells and the body's response that causes the illness.
keepit wrote:
As i understand it the sprouts have mutated making them capable of doing a more efficient job at gaining entry (more contagious).
Then it's no longer Covid19 (ignoring the 'sprouts' thing here).
keepit wrote:
Also as i understand it the genetic material may be becoming less efficient at causing illness.

Genetic material doesn't cause illness.
keepit wrote:
So, if, for example, the genetic material becomes, let's say 90% less effective at causing serious disease and the sprouts become, let's say 50% more effective at transmitting disease (more contagious), then there will be a lot more people sick and more people dying (in a sense more lethal).

So...less lethal means more deaths...Riiiiiight.

The Parrot Killer

05-07-2020 01:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Too subtle for you ITN.
05-07-2020 04:19
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Keepit.Have you been diagnosed with this virus??
05-07-2020 04:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Duncan,
No, but i have 5 risk factors. If i get it, i won't even have time to make it to the hospital.
05-07-2020 04:36
(5197)
keepit wrote:
To start with those little sprouts on the outside of the virus are what the virus uses to gain entry into the cell. The genetic material that is injected through the sprouts is what causes the illness. As i understand it the sprouts have mutated making them capable of doing a more efficient job at gaining entry (more contagious). Also as i understand it the genetic material may be becoming less efficient at causing illness.

All a virus does is carry enough genic code to make more copies of itself. The 'illness', is simply the host's immune response to the infection. There are a lot of different types of cells, each with different functions, which require different structure. Tissues and organs are made up of specific cells, attach to each other. Cells aren't a sealed container, and they interact with other kinds of cells. They need to breath, feed, and excrete. Viruses need a 'key' to get into a cell, which is a genetic code. The virus that has a valid code, gets to reproduce a lot of copies of itself, before the infected cell is destroyed. Some of the copies infect nearby cells, some are ejected from the host (cough/sneeze).

Antibodies, are basically tags, and keyed to a specific infection. Once they successfully attach, white blood cells can destroy the source, quickly. Antibodies don't do anything, until you get infected with the same virus. The difference is that the virus doesn't get enough time to reproduce enough copies, to trigger the usual immune responses, like a fever, cough, sneezing...

It's the aggressive immune response that kills people, usually already weakened by other medical issues. This is also why it takes a long time to develop safe and effective vaccines. They need to determine the minimal dose, that still triggers the production of antibodies. An excessively large dose, will trigger a very aggressive immune response, even in healthy volunteers, and could be deadly. A normal infection takes days to create enough copies, to trigger an immune response. A vaccination shoves that amount in your arm, in a second, not days.
05-07-2020 04:37
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I understand your concern then
05-07-2020 04:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

All a virus does is carry enough genic code to make more copies of itself. The 'illness', is simply the host's immune response to the infection. There are a lot of different types of cells, each with different functions, which require different structure. Tissues and organs are made up of specific cells, attach to each other. Cells aren't a sealed container, and they interact with other kinds of cells. They need to breath, feed, and excrete. Viruses need a 'key' to get into a cell, which is a genetic code. The virus that has a valid code, gets to reproduce a lot of copies of itself, before the infected cell is destroyed. Some of the copies infect nearby cells, some are ejected from the host (cough/sneeze).

Antibodies, are basically tags, and keyed to a specific infection. Once they successfully attach, white blood cells can destroy the source, quickly. Antibodies don't do anything, until you get infected with the same virus. The difference is that the virus doesn't get enough time to reproduce enough copies, to trigger the usual immune responses, like a fever, cough, sneezing...

It's the aggressive immune response that kills people, usually already weakened by other medical issues. This is also why it takes a long time to develop safe and effective vaccines. They need to determine the minimal dose, that still triggers the production of antibodies. An excessively large dose, will trigger a very aggressive immune response, even in healthy volunteers, and could be deadly. A normal infection takes days to create enough copies, to trigger an immune response. A vaccination shoves that amount in your arm, in a second, not days.

You're pretty much spot on. One thing they don't mention in the science is if the antibody binds with the virus. With this, is the virus feeding off of the cell so it can reproduce like amoeba? I think that might be the case.
And as you mentioned, the bodies immune system is actually quite delicate and why they need to get a vaccine right.
06-07-2020 10:50
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
It's the aggressive immune response that kills people, usually already weakened by other medical issues.

Paradoxically the healthier the person the more aggressive the immune response. Hispanic flu in 1918 took mostly young and healthy.
Corona takes old people with many preexisting conditions. Their immune response in not aggressive.
Edited on 06-07-2020 10:51
06-07-2020 16:55
(3314)
Xadoman wrote:
Paradoxically the healthier the person the more aggressive the immune response. Hispanic flu in 1918 took mostly young and healthy.
Corona takes old people with many preexisting conditions. Their immune response in not aggressive.

... and about half of those "old people" that "corona" "took" were in nursing homes and other similar care facilities (aka, those people were already waiting on Death's doorstep; corona simply opened up the door).
Edited on 06-07-2020 16:57
06-07-2020 18:36
(5197)
Xadoman wrote:
It's the aggressive immune response that kills people, usually already weakened by other medical issues.

The immune response is usually proportional to the threat that triggers it. We don't normal torture ourselves. Why would a healthy person need an aggressive response, for a simple cold virus? The weaker people, can be a little slow to respond, giving the virus more time to reproduce, an spread to other cells. There is now a much greater threat, which triggers a much stronger immune response, which also takes longer to get the infection under control, and removed. This why old people need to closely monitor they signs, and get to the hospital quickly. Sooner the doctors can get to work, the better their chances when the strong symptoms hit.
06-07-2020 20:38
(21600)
keepit wrote:
Too subtle for you ITN.

No, you are just creating another paradox. Which is it, dude?

The Parrot Killer

06-07-2020 20:39
(21600)
keepit wrote:
Duncan,
No, but i have 5 risk factors. If i get it, i won't even have time to make it to the hospital.

Who says you even have to go to the hospital?

The Parrot Killer

06-07-2020 20:48
(21600)
Xadoman wrote:

Not because the immune response. Because of the lung damage that virus caused directly. A strong immune system stops a virus before it gets started.

Another factor not being considered here is that WW1 was being fought at the time, when conditions were pretty harsh for anyone on the front lines (that 20-40 group).

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 06-07-2020 20:50
06-07-2020 21:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ITN,
I made a misprint. Maybe that's what threw you off. Sorry.
I'll rephrase: Let's say the virus, after mutation, only kills 90% as many infected people as it did before mutation. But since it has become more contagious, twice as many people will get infected..
Therefore, more people will die even though the mortality rate per
infection is less. For example, !0% mortality rate x 50 infections is less deaths than 9% mortality rate x 100 infections. "In a sense" this is what i'm calling "more lethal" even though it isn't the classic way of using the phrase "more lethal". Words and phrases can have more than one meaning.
If you say you don't follow this, i call baloney on you.
Edited on 06-07-2020 21:18
06-07-2020 21:52
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Duncan,

... IF you would even need to go to the hospital...
06-07-2020 22:15
(3314)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
I'll rephrase: Let's say the virus, after mutation, only kills 90% as many infected people as it did before mutation. But since it has become more contagious, twice as many people will get infected..
infection is less. For example, !0% mortality rate x 50 infections is less deaths than 9% mortality rate x 100 infections. "In a sense" this is what i'm calling "more lethal" even though it isn't the classic way of using the phrase "more lethal". Words and phrases can have more than one meaning.

I follow what you're trying to say, but you're just making up numbers as well as considering a different virus to be the same virus. You're still fear mongering...
07-07-2020 00:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Think of it this way gfm. You buy a new chevy car and put a motorola radio in it. Then you decide to put a blaupunkt radio in it. Is it a different car or is it still a chevy?
The radio is analogous to the covid spikes.
07-07-2020 00:40
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Think of it this way gfm. You buy a new chevy car and put a motorola radio in it. Then you decide to put a blaupunkt radio in it. Is it a different car or is it still a chevy?

Radios are not diseases, nor are they cars.

There's a lot of game playing going on in order to keep infection numbers up, such as classifying "potential cases" as "cases". Then, the media can keep referring to "spikes" and "doubling" and "increases" and other likewise lingo... It's just fear mongering, and you're falling for it.
07-07-2020 02:15
(5197)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Radios are not diseases, nor are they cars.

There's a lot of game playing going on in order to keep infection numbers up, such as classifying "potential cases" as "cases". Then, the media can keep referring to "spikes" and "doubling" and "increases" and other likewise lingo... It's just fear mongering, and you're falling for it.

I notice that the other day too. The sort let slip that new cases were a different number, than positive test results, but continued talking about the new case numbers. New cases, are people add, from the track and trace portion of the reopening phases. I've heard similar confusing wording on a couple of news story since. New cases, aren't necessarily people who tested positive. I'm also a little confused on the test labeling. It's very carefully called coronavirus test kit. There are a few reporters, mayors, and such, who will call it Covid-19 test, but their health experts, very carefully, consistently use coronavirus test kits. The nasal swab might be cheap and effective. But your nose filters out particles, which means they can collect stuff that never had a chance to infect. I've never found an specifics, on how sensitive the test is, or how specific it is to a single virus strain.

Most of the old people and high risk people had been tested at least once. We went from long lines, and people turned away, even with a requirement of at least on symptom. On our first phase of reopening, the dropped the restrictions, but still couldn't get a lot of people showing up for testing. Phase two, brought almost double the daily test kits available, more mobile sites opening, track and trace, employers and daycare requiring testing. We basically shifted to the lowest risk of dying group, previously unable to qualify for testing. These people aren't getting tested voluntarily either, their returning to work requires it. They also need daycare to watch their kids, while at work. Spikes should have be anticipated, and calls for shutdowns, or stepping back a phase is ridiculous. They are getting more people to be tested, the ones most likely to be spreading. They should want to keep that going. No job, no reason to get a cotton swab shoved up your nose, or torture your kids...

Also noticed that they have been talking about ICU beds, and numbers available. They don't ever say how many of those beds are occupied by Covid-19 patients. Lot of people travel during the summer months, and a lot of car accidents, resulting in a stay in ICU. Not to mention all other accidents and injuries, from usual summer activities.

Fortunately, our governor seems like a smart guy, and doesn't seem to be caving to the shutdown pressures. He has, for a few businesses, that can't/won't follow guidelines. Never thought bars would last long, since large crowds, interacting, is sort of the whole point of going.
07-07-2020 03:11
(21600)
keepit wrote:
ITN,

Not forgiven.
keepit wrote:

'What if" means nothing. Mantras 16b...25f...
keepit wrote:

Mantras 25g...25f...
keepit wrote:

Mantra 17...39p...

No argument presented. RQAA. Contrivances as proof. Semantics fallacies. Fear mongering.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 07-07-2020 03:12
07-07-2020 03:13
(21600)
keepit wrote:

Non-sequitur fallacy. No argument presented. Semantics fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

07-07-2020 03:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:

I think it'd be better if you said that with the reopening of the economy that people are ignoring safe practices. I'm not sure what that has to do with cars and radios.
I have an analogy for you since my Norwegian father met my American mother in Texas. God bless Texas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbH60wCO-Yw
Attached image:

Edited on 07-07-2020 03:32
07-07-2020 03:47
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)
keepit wrote: Think of it this way gfm. You buy a new chevy car and put a motorola radio in it. Then you decide to put a blaupunkt radio in it. Is it a different car or is it still a chevy? The radio is analogous to the covid spikes.

Think of it this way, keepit. You own a Chevy with no radio. One year, during flu season you install a used Motorola radio in your Chevy and discover that its performance is weak and doesn't work well. The following flu season you buy a highly-touted, over-hyped Blaupunkt radio manufactured in Wuhan, China. It gives a truly weak performance for a couple of days and dies. Nonetheless all of your neighbors exclaim "You got Blaupunkt!" when they find out. They flood the internet and social media with photos of your Blaupunkt. News of your Blaupunk go viral and you can't figure out why. You try to tell everyone you meet that your Blaupunkt doesn't even work! ... but they all give you funny stares like you are a conspiracy theorist nutcase. People change their entire lives because of your Blaupunkt. Schools are closed. Businesses shut. The economy starts to suffer. The very word "stereo" is replaced with "Blaupunkt." This whole thing is absurd. The world has gone nuts. The MSM runs stories on the awesome power of your Blaupunkt 24/7 and how it has altered governments and international arrangements. Travel has been altered globally.

Yep, it's still a Chevy.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-07-2020 04:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: Think of it this way gfm. You buy a new chevy car and put a motorola radio in it. Then you decide to put a blaupunkt radio in it. Is it a different car or is it still a chevy? The radio is analogous to the covid spikes.

Think of it this way, keepit. You own a Chevy with no radio. One year, during flu season you install a used Motorola radio in your Chevy and discover that its performance is weak and doesn't work well. The following flu season you buy a highly-touted, over-hyped Blaupunkt radio manufactured in Wuhan, China. It gives a truly weak performance for a couple of days and dies. Nonetheless all of your neighbors exclaim "You got Blaupunkt!" when they find out. They flood the internet and social media with photos of your Blaupunkt. News of your Blaupunk go viral and you can't figure out why. You try to tell everyone you meet that your Blaupunkt doesn't even work! ... but they all give you funny stares like you are a conspiracy theorist nutcase. People change their entire lives because of your Blaupunkt. Schools are closed. Businesses shut. The economy starts to suffer. The very word "stereo" is replaced with "Blaupunkt." This whole thing is absurd. The world has gone nuts. The MSM runs stories on the awesome power of your Blaupunkt 24/7 and how it has altered governments and international arrangements. Travel has been altered globally.

Yep, it's still a Chevy.

Son, if you don't like Texas, is there something we need to know?
07-07-2020 04:44
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
James,
I like texas. It's too hot though in the summer.
I met my Polish, Jewish wife in texas. She divorced me though but she still likes me.

IBD,
If you keep spreading bull too much and too long, you'll start to like it and believe it.
Edited on 07-07-2020 04:46
07-07-2020 04:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
James,

IBD,
If you keep spreading bull too much and too long, you'll start to like it and believe it.

Yep, it does get hot in the summer. Global warming isn't all bad.

Just having some fun with it.
Edited on 07-07-2020 04:49
07-07-2020 10:33
(5197)
keepit wrote:
James,
I met my Polish, Jewish wife in texas. She divorced me though but she still likes me.

IBD,

That's what you get, when you spend less... You get divorced, and lose half.
Page 1 of 6123>>>

Join the debate Covid19:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Cell phones are now blamed for covid19?1913-11-2021 22:41
covid19 prevalence3427-11-2020 03:20
Covid19's future1310-07-2020 02:08
Climate Change And Covid198301-05-2020 03:33
Covid19 "modeling"3004-04-2020 00:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact