▼ Content

Covid19

Page 2 of 6<1234>>>
07-07-2020 20:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
keepit wrote:
James,
I like texas. It's too hot though in the summer.
I met my Polish, Jewish wife in texas. She divorced me though but she still likes me.

IBD,
If you keep spreading bull too much and too long, you'll start to like it and believe it.

Texas is a proper noun. It is capitalized.

It is you that is spreading bull. You've obviously started to like it and believe it.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-07-2020 17:11
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Speaking of covid-19, my uber liberal county that I work in, usually buy groceries in, and even unfortunately live on the edge of, is (as of this upcoming Monday) enacting a policy requiring everyone to wear masks in public (aka, to give up one's own bodily autonomy).

I'm awaiting to see how my employer reacts to the policy (I hope they don't comply with it). I, for one, am not going to be complying with it, even if my employer were to require it, and as of that Monday, I am additionally going to be taking as much of my economic transactions as possible outside of the county (and into neighboring counties instead, since it doesn't take me very long at all to get to those neighboring counties).
08-07-2020 17:28
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14388)
gfm7175 wrote:
Speaking of covid-19, my uber liberal county that I work in, usually buy groceries in, and even unfortunately live on the edge of, is (as of this upcoming Monday) enacting a policy requiring everyone to wear masks in public (aka, to give up one's own bodily autonomy).

I'm awaiting to see how my employer reacts to the policy (I hope they don't comply with it). I, for one, am not going to be complying with it, even if my employer were to require it, and as of that Monday, I am additionally going to be taking as much of my economic transactions as possible outside of the county (and into neighboring counties instead, since it doesn't take me very long at all to get to those neighboring counties).

On behalf of We the People I appreciate you making a solid statement against tyrannical governments. I cannot be forced to wear red t-shirts if I don't want to wear a t-shirt and I cannot be obligated to wear any sort of mask.

I don't perform for anyone's amusement.

I expect you will not encounter any issues but if you do, you've got a civil lawsuit you can win.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-07-2020 19:16
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
gfm7175 wrote:

My county is run by nazis... They put us on the mask mandate early. Original plan was for a $600 FINE, or 60 day penalty. Worried me some, but there were exceptions, and my job is a 'essential service'. Got home, first day, to find out the dropped the civil penalties. I've only heard threats of penalties, but don't think anyone has actually had to pay. It's really the businesses that get in trouble, possibly shut down, if they allow no masks, even then, I think it's just the employees. I don't wear a mask anywhere, but have been asked to, or refused service. Got one from work, in my glove box, if needed. I certainly would wear it into a business, or someone's home, if requested, other people have rights and liberties too. Mostly, the first few days, I had the mask stuffed in my pocket, but nobody said anything about needing one, and maybe half the people, weren't wearing a mask either.
08-07-2020 19:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:

Kind of why everyone should own a gun and every woman should get an abortion. Right? If we don't exercise our rights then we lose them, right?
If trying to slow or prevent the spread of a known serious pathogen is an attack on your civil liberties, kind of really means you only care about yourself. ie., you are that self centered.
As you said, being asked to wear a mask when around other people in public makes you a victim.
08-07-2020 20:00
(14388)
James___ wrote:If trying to slow or prevent the spread of a known serious pathogen is an attack on your civil liberties, kind of really means you only care about yourself. ie., you are that self centered.
As you said, being asked to wear a mask when around other people in public makes you a victim.

That is exactly the purpose of the Bill of Rights, i.e. to ensure the liberties of each individual are not trampled by the many.

We are free to be self-centered and it is illegal for any government to trample on our Bill of Rights.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-07-2020 21:22
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

My county is run by nazis... They put us on the mask mandate early. Original plan was for a $600 FINE, or 60 day penalty. Worried me some, but there were exceptions, and my job is a 'essential service'. Got home, first day, to find out the dropped the civil penalties. I've only heard threats of penalties, but don't think anyone has actually had to pay. It's really the businesses that get in trouble, possibly shut down, if they allow no masks, even then, I think it's just the employees.

My county hopes that they won't have to enforce it, but might fine like $300 or so if necessary. I think they can shove that potential fine up their arse.

HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't wear a mask anywhere, but have been asked to, or refused service. Got one from work, in my glove box, if needed. I certainly would wear it into a business, or someone's home, if requested, other people have rights and liberties too. Mostly, the first few days, I had the mask stuffed in my pocket, but nobody said anything about needing one, and maybe half the people, weren't wearing a mask either.

Neither do I. My cousin doesn't either (only for the exceptions that you stated, such as his going into a tenant's apartment when he's responding to a maintenance call). I am not going to freely turn over my health decisions and bodily autonomy to tyrannical governments.
Edited on 08-07-2020 22:22
08-07-2020 22:20
(3314)
James___ wrote:
Kind of why everyone should own a gun

That decision is for each individual to make as they see fit, and is indeed an inherent right. Some people have no desire to own or use a gun, and that's perfectly fine.

I, however, make use of a .22 semi-auto rifle (and sometimes a .22 handgun) every now and then (mostly for varmint killing... I've killed two raccoons over the last few days... those things are THICK in my area of WI this year), and I will likely soon be inheriting my grandpa's old 9mm handgun. My cousin recently purchased an AR-15.

James___ wrote:
and every woman should get an abortion. Right?

Abortion is murder, not a right.

James___ wrote:
If we don't exercise our rights then we lose them, right?

Indeed. We are seeing that right now with the coronahoax and the BLM hoax. People are handing over their individual freedoms left and right to tyrannical governments in exchange for a false sense of security and utopia.

Thus, especially given these current events and how fast they have unfolded, it is my conjecture (given that we are operating under the assumption that the prophecies recorded in the Holy Bible books of Daniel, Revelation, and various other scriptures are true) that the "Second Coming of Jesus" that is referenced therein is going to happen very soon (ie, start playing out during this decade and into the next decade). Of course, my conjecture could be totally wrong.

James___ wrote:
If trying to slow or prevent the spread of a known serious pathogen is an attack on your civil liberties,

Forcing me to wear a mask is indeed an attack on my civil liberties. I refuse to comply and am prepared to accept whatever consequences may result from said refusal to comply.

James___ wrote:
kind of really means you only care about yourself. ie., you are that self centered.

There's nothing inherently wrong with caring about oneself.

James___ wrote:

I am not going to comply with tyrannical governments wishing to take control over my health care decisions and bodily autonomy.
08-07-2020 22:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:

James___ wrote:
and every woman should get an abortion. Right?

Abortion is murder, not a right.

And we're back to a person giving up bodily autonomy. Willing to spread a disease that has aborted many lives is the same as willing to abort life because it's your body. And that is exactly what women say, it's their bodily autonomy. They agree with you.
08-07-2020 23:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Re: freedoms and rights.
We have to buy car insurance in order to protect other people from the financial consequences of our own driving mishaps. As far as i know, noone has the right to abstain from buying car insurance.
Re: masks and social distancing.
Suppose you were a person who was having sex with an HIV positive person who didn't inform you that they were HIV positive. Does that HIV positive person have the right to endanger you? Of course not regardless of whether they complain about restrictions of freedom or not.
The requirement to wear masks and social distancing is analogous (even though no analogy is perfect).
09-07-2020 01:01
(3314)
James___ wrote:
And we're back to a person giving up bodily autonomy.

Not really.

The woman still has full bodily autonomy and exercises that full autonomy at the moment that she decides to spread her legs. She knows full well that if she spreads her legs, then she could potentially become impregnated (thus introducing a separate body/life into her womb).

At the moment of conception, and for the next ~9 months, her decisions re: her bodily autonomy no longer solely affect herself; they also affect her child. Thus, it is now her responsibility (that she brought upon herself) to care for the new life that exists inside of her.

An unborn child is just as much of a human as you are. An unborn child has just as much of a "right to life" as you do. You wouldn't be here if not for your parents safeguarding your "right to life".

James___ wrote:
Willing to spread a disease that has aborted many lives is the same as willing to abort life because it's your body.

No it isn't, and you're equivocating two different meanings for the word 'abort'.

James___ wrote:
And that is exactly what women say, it's their bodily autonomy. They agree with you.

What they conveniently forget about is that little part where they made the decision to spread their legs... where they made a decision to potentially become impregnated.
09-07-2020 01:05
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Re: freedoms and rights.
We have to buy car insurance in order to protect other people from the financial consequences of our own driving mishaps. As far as i know, noone has the right to abstain from buying car insurance.

Yes they do.
keepit wrote:
Re: masks and social distancing.
Suppose you were a person who was having sex with an HIV positive person who didn't inform you that they were HIV positive. Does that HIV positive person have the right to endanger you? Of course not regardless of whether they complain about restrictions of freedom or not.

Social distancing will prevent HIV transmission, it will not prevent Covid19.
Masks do not stop viruses, not even HIV.
keepit wrote:
The requirement to wear masks and social distancing is analogous (even though no analogy is perfect).

Strawman fallacy. False equivalence fallacy.

Masks do not stop viruses.
6 feet does not stop an airborne virus.
Plastic barriers do not stop an airborne virus.
Putting people out of work does not stop a virus.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-07-2020 01:17
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
You have a baloney rash. Treat it before it spreads.
09-07-2020 01:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:

Not really.

The woman still has full bodily autonomy and exercises that full autonomy at the moment that she decides to spread her legs. She knows full well that if she spreads her legs, then she could potentially become impregnated (thus introducing a separate body/life into her womb).

And you know that by not wearing a mask that you risk infecting others. Couriers can be asymptomatic. And because you're self centered, you don't care if you put others at risk.
This kind of goes back to the feminist debate about it's okay if guys sleep around but a gal is a whore if she does. And as you say, you spreading your genetic material is good. This goes to both Covid 19 and pregnancy. It's about you doing with your body what you want and what happens to others is their problem. I mean if she let you knock her up, that's her problem, right?
That is so funny. You see, there's this by George Carlin which is one reason why woman want abortions. Why prevent something when we can sell the cure? And doctors and hospitals love people like you. They make more money and gain more status treating the coronavirus. And back to George Carlin and seriously, what he says might mean abortions would never be necessary but more kids = more consumers which = more profits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gHLrZCJBr0&t=163s

@keepit, well said x2.

Edited on 09-07-2020 01:38
09-07-2020 01:40
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
I would refuse to wear the mask because I think it might be dangerous. A masks is going to restrict airflow to the lungs which means that the amount of oxygen that reaches to the tissues is less than normal. This could cause a lower immune response to viruses and bugs.
09-07-2020 01:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Xadoman wrote:
I would refuse to wear the mask because I think it might be dangerous. A masks is going to restrict airflow to the lungs which means that the amount of oxygen that reaches to the tissues is less than normal. This could cause a lower immune response to viruses and bugs.

If you've ever been tested for it, it's not very comfortable. ie., decreasing the airflow through an individual's respiratory system decreases the risk of the contagion leaving an individuals body. Increase an individual's respiratory rate and the possibility of releasing more virus increases exponentially.
Thank you for bring up that point Xadoman.
09-07-2020 02:58
(5196)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Kind of why everyone should own a gun and every woman should get an abortion. Right? If we don't exercise our rights then we lose them, right?
If trying to slow or prevent the spread of a known serious pathogen is an attack on your civil liberties, kind of really means you only care about yourself. ie., you are that self centered.

Everyone should own a gun, and gum safety should be taught in grade schools. Even kids should know how to use a gun, proper and safely, even if their parents aren't into guns. They are tools, not toys, and they should understand the difference young.

Covid-19 isn't a serious pathogen, it's a cold virus. People who are weak, or is poor health, are at risk of a similar death, from a large variety of other airborne respiratory infections. Covid-19 is new to the human population, and will continue to spread, until the vast majority have been exposed, and gained immunity. Wearing masks, social distancing, restricts the natural progression, doesn't stop it. Basically, there is always going to be a chance of infection. It's not going to be eradicated. Immunity, antibodies, don't prevent people from getting infected, or even completely remove the potential to spread. You have to get infected, before your antibodies kick in, to remove it. Happens much quicker, once the immune system knows what to look for, but you still have the virus, it does reproduce, and a very small, but real chance of spreading.

The guidelines are only stretching out the pandemic. The hope is that hospitals won't be overwhelmed, and they might save more patients, so they can catch something else a month or two later, and go through the same ordeal, quite profitable.

I really don't get the mask mandates at all, if you aren't coughing or sneezing, you aren't likely spreading anything, even if you don't know you are sick. Masks only cover your mouth and nose, but your eyes are still exposed, and your tear ducts run down into the nasal cavity, which drains down your throat.

If women can kill their babies, simple because the feel having a child is inconvenient. Why are you opposed to inconvenient old people being euthanized? They get shoved in nursing homes (over 50% of Covid-19 deaths), because they are no longer able to care for themselves, change their own diaper. It's expensive too, a financial inconvenience, just like raising a child. Nobody lives forever, nothing wrong putting off the inevitable, long as possible, but there comes a point, when a person is mostly just a burden on other people. When my dog gets to old to drag himself out in the backyard, to relieve himself regular, it's time to get him euthanized. I still have the choice, of whether or not, to get another dog.
09-07-2020 03:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Nobody lives forever, nothing wrong putting off the inevitable, long as possible, but there comes a point, when a person is mostly just a burden on other people. When my dog gets to old to drag himself out in the backyard, to relieve himself regular, it's time to get him euthanized. I still have the choice, of whether or not, to get another dog.

Harvey55, I watched my mother take almost a year to die from cancer. I support Death with Dignity. I am fully aware of how hard it was on her waiting to die. I was in the room with her when she realized that was going to happen.
How anyone could ever want someone to suffer like that I'll never know. Even horses are put down. Why do people have to needlessly suffer?
With my mother, it would have been showing her mercy. It would have been her choice. But showing someone mercy is not allowed by law. But as you said, killing someone is the same as killing a dog. It isn't if the person suffering makes that choice for themselves because they are tired of suffering and know their situation is terminal.
When you put a dog down, you are making the choice and usually it's because like with horses, it's so they won't suffer. Why are people less than animals?
09-07-2020 03:45
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
I also support Death with Dignity. I have been in deep suicidal depression but I was too afraid of pain to end my life with suicide. Also things could go wrong and you end up in bed paralyzed down the neck unable to do it properly second time. I have never understood those guys who say "just suic".
09-07-2020 04:24
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Xadoman wrote:
I also support Death with Dignity. I have been in deep suicidal depression but I was too afraid of pain to end my life with suicide. Also things could go wrong and you end up in bed paralyzed down the neck unable to do it properly second time. I have never understood those guys who say "just suic".

I've actually known someone learning to walk again from a failed attempt. Just not a pretty sight. With you, if you're willing to post in a forum this toxic, you're not ready for the boneyard.
What you posted takes courage. You do want to live. And yet we are limited by being a part of life. And you are still a part of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7yCLn-O-Y0
09-07-2020 11:31
Nobi
☆☆☆☆☆
(29)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:

Not really.

And you know that by not wearing a mask that you risk infecting others. Couriers can be asymptomatic. And because you're self centered, you don't care if you put others at risk.

most people don't know if they have the virus if they're not showing symptoms (asymptomatic). And nobody is willingly going to get tested everyday to be sure if they carry the virus / any sort of virus that might put others at risk.

The way i see it, the only way for someone to not being called self-centered is when he/she moves far away from civilization, lives in complete recluse, hides in the basement, FOREVER. Only then, he/she won't put others at risk.

And this brings the question: why should i do that? and, would you do that?
Edited on 09-07-2020 11:39
09-07-2020 19:08
(5196)
Nobi wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:

Not really.

most people don't know if they have the virus if they're not showing symptoms (asymptomatic). And nobody is willingly going to get tested everyday to be sure if they carry the virus / any sort of virus that might put others at risk.

The way i see it, the only way for someone to not being called self-centered is when he/she moves far away from civilization, lives in complete recluse, hides in the basement, FOREVER. Only then, he/she won't put others at risk.

And this brings the question: why should i do that? and, would you do that?

No way. I won't even wear a mask, unless specifically requested (house rules respected). Less than 1% of the confirmed cases, are high risk, and might need a hospital bed. Seems to make better sense to isolate the high-risk people, and those that crap their pants easy, at let the rest of the population do their own thing. It's a mild cold to the vast majority of healthy people who get it. The more people who get immune naturally, will mean less doses of vaccine later. It'll take more than two years to achieve herd immunity, if the vaccine is good, and they can step up production considerably. Most of the low-risk folks, will be on the bottom of the vaccine priority list anyway. I figure on avoiding that rush-job vaccine, if at all possible.
09-07-2020 21:22
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
2 problems here.
There is a big question of whether immunity lasts 3 months or 1 year or longer. No guarantee yet.
Also, a lot of people will die on the way to herd immunity, not to mention the other complications that are coming to light such as brain damage, kidney damage, and damage to blood vessels.
09-07-2020 22:33
(14388)
keepit wrote: Also, a lot of people will die on the way to herd immunity,

... or more likely no one will die, like the no one who has died yet from the coronahoax.

keepit wrote: ... not to mention the other complications that are coming to light such as brain damage, kidney damage, and damage to blood vessels.

... or more likely no one will have any major complications, like the no one who has died yet from the coronahoax.

Hey keepit ...I hear you have five risk factors. Surely you've died already from COVID-19, yes? That brings the coronahoax death toll to 1 ... unless you haven't died yet.

Moron.

09-07-2020 23:26
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

On behalf of We the People I appreciate you making a solid statement against tyrannical governments. I cannot be forced to wear red t-shirts if I don't want to wear a t-shirt and I cannot be obligated to wear any sort of mask.

I expect you will not encounter any issues but if you do, you've got a civil lawsuit you can win.

Well, I spoke with my employer, and he says that he has to enforce the mask wearing policy because it is city and county law (and he's concerned about the fines), so it's either comply with the policy or quit my job over it. The other part of it that I don't like is that, if I were to quit over it, my employer would be put into quite the pickle, and I'd hate to do that to him.
Edited on 09-07-2020 23:31
09-07-2020 23:29
(14388)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Well, I spoke with my employer, and he says that he has to enforce the mask wearing policy because it is city and county law, so it's either comply with the policy or quit my job over it.

Keep your job and just realize that you have a trannical government that has way too much power over the We the People.

09-07-2020 23:34
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Well, I spoke with my employer, and he says that he has to enforce the mask wearing policy because it is city and county law, so it's either comply with the policy or quit my job over it.

Keep your job and just realize that you have a trannical government that has way too much power over the We the People.

That's probably what I am going to do. I've been considering a compromise where I begrudgingly comply with the policy, but I actively start looking for other employment (and housing) in a much more conservative county. That way, I can still keep my job and can look for other jobs while actively employed instead of while unemployed...
10-07-2020 00:16
(3314)
Additionally, from a Christian perspective, I feel that continuing working at where I've been called to work (and complying with the tyrannical county government that God in his infinite wisdom has put into place, since this policy isn't asking me to reject him) would be doing "God's will" rather than doing my own will. But I will prayerfully keep considering where I can best serve him while looking into what other opportunities are out there for me.
10-07-2020 02:12
(21582)
keepit wrote:
2 problems here.
There is a big question of whether immunity lasts 3 months or 1 year or longer. No guarantee yet.
Argument from randU fallacy. Denial of biology.
keepit wrote:
Also, a lot of people will die on the way to herd immunity, not to mention the other complications that are coming to light such as brain damage, kidney damage, and damage to blood vessels.

Fear mongering. Denial of biology.

The Parrot Killer

10-07-2020 02:19
(21582)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Well, I spoke with my employer, and he says that he has to enforce the mask wearing policy because it is city and county law (and he's concerned about the fines), so it's either comply with the policy or quit my job over it. The other part of it that I don't like is that, if I were to quit over it, my employer would be put into quite the pickle, and I'd hate to do that to him.

You could always sue your governor. I see nothing in your constitution that gives the governor power to mandate such a law.

The Parrot Killer

10-07-2020 03:16
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

You could always sue your governor. I see nothing in your constitution that gives the governor power to mandate such a law.

I agree. King Evers has himself stated that, while he'd like to implement such a policy on a statewide level, he "likely doesn't have the authority to do that". This, however, is solely the City of Madison and the County of Dane doing it. While Milwaukee County will likely also implement such a policy in the near future, the rest of the counties haven't shown any interest in doing so at the moment. I know that Dane County has already been sued for the prior Emergency Order #7 regarding public gatherings, so I can only assume that they'll soon be sued for this Emergency Order #8 regarding masks. We'll see.
Edited on 10-07-2020 03:47
10-07-2020 08:15
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
Additionally, from a Christian perspective, I feel that continuing working at where I've been called to work (and complying with the tyrannical county government that God in his infinite wisdom has put into place, since this policy isn't asking me to reject him) would be doing "God's will" rather than doing my own will. But I will prayerfully keep considering where I can best serve him while looking into what other opportunities are out there for me.

1Peter 2:18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust. 19 For this is a gracious thing, when, mindful of God, one endures sorrows while suffering unjustly. 20 For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God.

It is strange that you find reducing the risk of spreading a disease as an unjust act which is against God. What if you become asymptomatic and as a result infect other Christians like yourself who says I am that good and who disagrees with me is bad.
And as you say, wearing a mask is bad. What if God doesn't agree with you? But you are a Godly Christian, right? And yet Jesus is the son of God so you're better than he is, right?
Didn't Jesus say
1 Peter 4:8: "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 23. John 15:12: "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

But the only thing that matters is that you don't want anyone telling you what to do. That's all you're saying. I mean you're being persecuted as a Christian, right?
You're not being persecuted. And I'd be wrong if I said that God would probably want people wearing a mask if it could help prevent suffering by doing such an easy thing.
Attached image:

Edited on 10-07-2020 08:21
10-07-2020 18:32
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The Holy Bible says that God wants us to prosper and BE IN HEALTH even as our soul prospers.

Just because the Constitution says we have the right to not wear a mask (Pence) doesn't we are mandated to not wear a mask. We have the option of protecting other people.
It's elementary.
10-07-2020 19:40
(21582)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

I agree. King Evers has himself stated that, while he'd like to implement such a policy on a statewide level, he "likely doesn't have the authority to do that". This, however, is solely the City of Madison and the County of Dane doing it. While Milwaukee County will likely also implement such a policy in the near future, the rest of the counties haven't shown any interest in doing so at the moment. I know that Dane County has already been sued for the prior Emergency Order #7 regarding public gatherings, so I can only assume that they'll soon be sued for this Emergency Order #8 regarding masks. We'll see.

County government have constitutions also, often called 'county charters'.

Nothing in them can override the State constitution, and nothing in those can override the U.S. Constitution. Same with the cities. They also have a constitution often called a 'city charter'.

How do these cities and counties have magickal powers beyond that given the State sufficient to override your State constitution?

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 10-07-2020 19:42
10-07-2020 19:45
(21582)
keepit wrote:
The Holy Bible says that God wants us to prosper and BE IN HEALTH even as our soul prospers.

Irrelevant.
keepit wrote:
Just because the Constitution says we have the right to not wear a mask (Pence) doesn't we are mandated to not wear a mask.

False dichotomy fallacy. No one is preventing you from wearing a mask. If you feel these religious symbols protect you, fine.
keepit wrote:
We have the option of protecting other people.

Masks do not stop viruses. If you want to protect other people, stay home. You obviously feel you are sick.
keepit wrote:
It's elementary.

Yes it is. Stay home. The rest of us will go out and do the Lord's work.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 10-07-2020 19:45
10-07-2020 19:46
(14388)
keepit wrote:

Just because the Constitution says we have the right to not wear a mask (Pence) doesn't we are mandated to not wear a mask. We have the option of protecting other people.
It's elementary.

Just because the Constitution says we have the right to think as we may doesn't mean we are mandated to delude ourselves into believing that ineffective masks that do nothing to block, or even restrict, viruses will nonetheless somehow protect other people or ourselves from a weak virus that is of no concern anyway.

You have to be extremely gullible to have been duped into believing that your health and the health of others somehow depends on you wearing one of those ineffective masks and looking like a clown for other people's amusement.

It's elementary.

10-07-2020 20:09
(3314)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

1Peter 2:18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust. 19 For this is a gracious thing, when, mindful of God, one endures sorrows while suffering unjustly. 20 For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God.

Yup, this is one of the very scriptures that came into my mind yesterday afternoon when making my decision... as well as verses 13-17 before it...

James___ wrote:
It is strange that you find reducing the risk of spreading a disease as an unjust act which is against God.

That's not what I find. I find that it is not right for a government entity to commandeer self-governance from their citizenry for their own personal gain. While I have decided to comply with their mandate for the purpose of continuing what I feel is my "calling", I will also continue to speak out against the immorality of the City and County governments.

James___ wrote:
What if you become asymptomatic and as a result infect other Christians like yourself

It is not under my control whether or not I contract an illness or whether or not I end up spreading it to others. The best I can do is stay home if I am sick and to not purposefully attempt to spread it to others. Wearing a mask does not prevent nor stop the spread of COVID-19.

James___ wrote:
who says I am that good

I've never said that I am "that good".

James___ wrote:
and who disagrees with me is bad.

I've never said that one who disagrees with me is "bad".

James___ wrote:
And as you say, wearing a mask is bad.

I've never said that wearing a mask is bad. I said that a government entity commandeering self governance from its citizenry for their own personal gain (which is what they are doing with this mask mandate) is bad.

James___ wrote:
What if God doesn't agree with you?

"His will" shall be done.

James___ wrote:
But you are a Godly Christian, right?

I've fallen well short of the glory of God, as all humans have.

James___ wrote:
And yet Jesus is the son of God so you're better than he is, right?

No.

James___ wrote:
Didn't Jesus say
1 Peter 4:8: "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." John 15:12: "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

If speaking of Jesus' divine nature, then yes for both.

If speaking of Jesus' human nature, then no for the first (as those are Peter's divinely inspired words) and yes for the second (as John's inspired words are a quote from Jesus the flesh-man himself).

James___ wrote:
But the only thing that matters is that you don't want anyone telling you what to do. That's all you're saying.

That's not at all what I'm saying.

James___ wrote:
I mean you're being persecuted as a Christian, right?

Regarding the mask mandate policy specifically? ... or...??

James___ wrote:
You're not being persecuted.

See above.

James___ wrote:
And I'd be wrong if I said that God would probably want people wearing a mask if it could help prevent suffering by doing such an easy thing.

Our limited perspectives as humans pale in comparison to God's complete perspective.
10-07-2020 20:12
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

County government have constitutions also, often called 'county charters'.

Nothing in them can override the State constitution, and nothing in those can override the U.S. Constitution. Same with the cities. They also have a constitution often called a 'city charter'.

How do these cities and counties have magickal powers beyond that given the State sufficient to override your State constitution?

Yeah..... I assume they'll get sued over this latest order as well...
10-07-2020 21:45
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Here, the context is that John was praying that Gaius' physical health was matching his prosperous spiritual health. Such inquiries of one's health were quite common in ancient letters such as this one.

This has nothing to do with mask wearing though. Irrelevant.

keepit wrote:
Just because the Constitution says we have the right to not wear a mask (Pence) doesn't we are mandated to not wear a mask.

Nobody is preventing you from wearing a mask.

keepit wrote:
We have the option of protecting other people.

Masks do not protect anyone from a virus.

keepit wrote:
It's elementary.

Yes it is. And I will echo ITN's words... The rest of us will continue to go out and do the Lord's work.
10-07-2020 22:15
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:

It's elementary.

Just because the Constitution says we have the right to think as we may doesn't mean we are mandated to delude ourselves into believing that ineffective masks that do nothing to block, or even restrict, viruses will nonetheless somehow protect other people or ourselves from a weak virus that is of no concern anyway.

You have to be extremely gullible to have been duped into believing that your health and the health of others somehow depends on you wearing one of those ineffective masks and looking like a clown for other people's amusement.

It's elementary.

Indeed. I also feel like this whole "mask wearing" thing is a psychological ploy to get people to believe that this virus is indeed "super serious" and that they only got through it because "daddy government" had them wear masks to save themselves and others from it.

I wonder if the infection numbers being reported will start to decrease in WI after the two uber liberal counties start their "mask mandate" policies so that the talking heads can say "SEE! When people actually comply with mask wearing, the infection rates go down... Masks have now been proven to work!"

I came across interesting information about "all-cause mortalities" and how this year was right in line with prior years, among other interesting things... There was also another document about the ineffectiveness of masks...
Attached file:
all-causemortalityduringcovid-19----3_compressed.pdf
Edited on 10-07-2020 22:37
Page 2 of 6<1234>>>

Join the debate Covid19:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Cell phones are now blamed for covid19?1913-11-2021 22:41
covid19 prevalence3427-11-2020 03:20
Covid19's future1310-07-2020 02:08
Climate Change And Covid198301-05-2020 03:33
Covid19 "modeling"3004-04-2020 00:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact