Page 3 of 28<12345>>>
18-07-2019 17:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
Feeling neglected?

James do what you want but the one rule with Trolls has always been not to feed them.

You make your own judgement on who's here to simply prevent any real debate but I would encourage you to ignore those people. They feed off the damage they do.

Let's try to get this forum going again!

What needs to be considered is politics in Washington. That's probably representative of the US.

One problem with climate change debate is that it gets into atmospheric chemistry. What scientists might have wrong about CFC's is that they don't destroy ozone but displace it. Those are 2 different things. Kind of like CO2 can displace oxygen in an enclosed space.
If a man cover is removed so a person can enter the space below it, oxygen will be slow to move into it. CFC's might discourage O and O2 from bonding allowing for ozone (O3) to form and rise into the stratosphere taking heat with it.
Edited on 18-07-2019 17:48
18-07-2019 19:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)
James___ wrote:CFC's might discourage O and O2 from bonding allowing for ozone (O3) to form and rise into the stratosphere taking heat with it.

This is an interesting idea. Do you have any thoughts as to how CFCs might reduce O3?

I don't suppose CFCs in the atmosphere prevent solar radiation from splitting O2 into O + O. Do you think CFCs prevent the O + O2 -> O3 ?

Do you think CFCs accelerate O3 -> O2 + O?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-07-2019 19:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
Feeling neglected?

James do what you want but the one rule with Trolls has always been not to feed them.

You make your own judgement on who's here to simply prevent any real debate but I would encourage you to ignore those people. They feed off the damage they do.

What needs to be considered is politics in Washington. That's probably representative of the US.

One problem with climate change debate is that it gets into atmospheric chemistry. What scientists might have wrong about CFC's is that they don't destroy ozone but displace it. Those are 2 different things. Kind of like CO2 can displace oxygen in an enclosed space.
If a man cover is removed so a person can enter the space below it, oxygen will be slow to move into it. CFC's might discourage O and O2 from bonding allowing for ozone (O3) to form and rise into the stratosphere taking heat with it.

CFC's don't react with oxygen either, James, unless you burn them. Then they form CLCO2, or phosgene gas along with some fluorine oxides. But who's burning CFC's in the stratosphere?

Ozone does not form and rise to take heat with it. It simply forms, cooling off the lower stratosphere.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-07-2019 20:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
Feeling neglected?

CFC's don't react with oxygen either, James, unless you burn them. Then they form CLCO2, or phosgene gas along with some fluorine oxides. But who's burning CFC's in the stratosphere?

Ozone does not form and rise to take heat with it. It simply forms, cooling off the lower stratosphere.

This might actually be too complex to discuss in a forum. As you said, heat "is" and we "are". And with that said, we do not have the ability to know or to understand.
What you tend to show is that philosophy is not grounded in reality. Time is known for one thing, it's ever changing yet you wish to live in the past and that's where your life is, in the past.
18-07-2019 20:23
(14416)
Into the Night wrote:Ozone does not form and rise to take heat with it. It simply forms, cooling off the lower stratosphere.

You stole my thunder. I was going to "go there" on my followup.

Correct, the formation of O3 does little to "move" thermal energy around. Of course the O2 -> O + O is endothermic, absorbing the photons that split the O2 leaving two charged O atoms that will bond with other O2 molecules, transferring their charge to neighboring N2 or O2. This does represent a tiny amount of solar energy that is absorbed by the atmosphere as opposed to being absorbed by the surface and then transferred to the atmosphere.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-07-2019 20:32
(21600)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
Feeling neglected?

This might actually be too complex to discuss in a forum.

Maybe for you, but that's because you are immersed in buzzwords and know little about any of the science you claim to know.
James___ wrote:
As you said, heat "is" and we "are". And with that said, we do not have the ability to know or to understand.

Since heat itself is defined by the 2nd law of thermodynamics, and why it flows from hot to cold, your position is rather a silly one.
James___ wrote:
What you tend to show is that philosophy is not grounded in reality.

Philosophy defines what 'real' and 'reality' means, dude. Far from being grounded in reality, it DEFINES what 'reality' means. Reality is grounded in philosophy.
James___ wrote:
Time is known for one thing, it's ever changing yet you wish to live in the past and that's where your life is, in the past.

Time doesn't change, dude. I live in the present, just like you do.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-07-2019 20:34
(21600)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Ozone does not form and rise to take heat with it. It simply forms, cooling off the lower stratosphere.

Correct, the formation of O3 does little to "move" thermal energy around. Of course the O2 -> O + O is endothermic, absorbing the photons that split the O2 leaving two charged O atoms that will bond with other O2 molecules, transferring their charge to neighboring N2 or O2. This does represent a tiny amount of solar energy that is absorbed by the atmosphere as opposed to being absorbed by the surface and then transferred to the atmosphere.

Nah. We just thundered together.

The Parrot Killer

18-07-2019 21:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Nah. We just thundered together.

You came together? Is that what you guys call it today? Thundering together? Why don't the 2 of you just get a room? Then you can "thunder" together all you want.
18-07-2019 21:49
(14416)
James___ wrote: You came together? Is that what you guys call it today? Thundering together? Why don't the 2 of you just get a room? Then you can "thunder" together all you want.

So ... no thoughts on CFCs?

18-07-2019 23:40
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: You came together? Is that what you guys call it today? Thundering together? Why don't the 2 of you just get a room? Then you can "thunder" together all you want.

Why would you care?
19-07-2019 01:21
(14416)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Why would you care?

So ... no thoughts on CFCs? I thought you did.

19-07-2019 01:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Why would you care?

So ... no thoughts on CFCs? I thought you did.

You have other interests.
19-07-2019 02:22
(14416)
James___ wrote: You have other interests.

I certainly do, however I was asking about the thoughts on CFCs that I thought you had.

19-07-2019 03:16
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:?

Why not make your own Thread about the topics that interest you. It will keep the form better organized and you will actually be able to converse with people who are also interested in those topics.

I am not interested in talking with you about anything.
19-07-2019 03:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:?

Why not make your own Thread about the topics that interest you. It will keep the form better organized and you will actually be able to converse with people who are also interested in those topics.

I am not interested in talking with you about anything.

Thank you, Thank you. I needed a good laugh. You're actually asking a parrot not to parrot!!!!
19-07-2019 03:57
(14416)
tmiddles wrote:Why not make your own Thread about the topics that interest you.

There is no need. I'm here to discuss science and to point out errors. Warmizombies make them in every post. There is no need for any sort of dedicated threads.

19-07-2019 04:03
(3979)
James___ wrote:

Join me in not feeding the Trolls James! We can hopefully get some real discussions on here. I know you try.
19-07-2019 04:13
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:

Join me in not feeding the Trolls James! We can hopefully get some real discussions on here. I know you try.

Sometimes it's fun to mess with them. I think they're a couple of teens. They probably still watch the Smurfs.
The current climate of climate debate overshadows some serious issues. There are a lot of problems.
If things work out for me I'll probably be doing my own work on Natural Climate Variation and possibly atmospheric chemistry. If CO2 supports the ozone layer then we can't lower CO2 emissions until those ramifications are known.
With me, I tend to get more technical than the average person cares for. This is where ozone depletion can help to simplify things. It's been pretty much ignored.
ITN would call this a Holy Link. I think of it as my Rosetta Stone. It allowed me to make sense of my different thoughts.
https://www.nbi.ku.dk/english/sciencexplorer/earth_and_climate/golden_spike/video/spoergsmaal_svar1/
Edited on 19-07-2019 04:21
19-07-2019 04:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

There is no need. I'm here to discuss science and to point out errors. Warmizombies make them in every post. There is no need for any sort of dedicated threads.

I found this just for you and ITN.
https://youtu.be/k4kWsRfk0lM
19-07-2019 04:54
(3979)
James___ wrote:I tend to get more technical than the average person cares for.

I think this is the place quite literally for "regular folks" to try and get a handle on the technical side of this. I just wish some real scientists with a talent for teaching participated here that would really help.

I like that you try to really think about what might be going on scientifically in all of this topics.
19-07-2019 05:01
(21600)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:

Sometimes it's fun to mess with them. I think they're a couple of teens. They probably still watch the Smurfs.
The current climate of climate debate overshadows some serious issues. There are a lot of problems.
If things work out for me I'll probably be doing my own work on Natural Climate Variation and possibly atmospheric chemistry. If CO2 supports the ozone layer then we can't lower CO2 emissions until those ramifications are known.

CO2 has nothing to do with the ozone layer.
James___ wrote:
With me, I tend to get more technical than the average person cares for. This is where ozone depletion can help to simplify things. It's been pretty much ignored.

The ozone layer is not being depleted. We actually CAN measure this!
James___ wrote:
ITN would call this a Holy Link. I think of it as my Rosetta Stone. It allowed me to make sense of my different thoughts.
https://www.nbi.ku.dk/english/sciencexplorer/earth_and_climate/golden_spike/video/spoergsmaal_svar1/

Your Holy Link being used as a 'Rosetta Stone' is only showing you have no mind of your own, and must depend on using the arguments of others.

The Parrot Killer

19-07-2019 05:03
(21600)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I found this just for you and ITN.
https://youtu.be/k4kWsRfk0lM

Rather a cute video. Thanks.

The Parrot Killer

19-07-2019 05:05
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:

I think this is the place quite literally for "regular folks" to try and get a handle on the technical side of this. I just wish some real scientists with a talent for teaching participated here that would really help.

I *am* a real scientist. So is IBdaMann. We have been trying to teach you. You are simply not interested in learning anything.
tmiddles wrote:
I like that you try to really think about what might be going on scientifically in all of this topics.

Already did. Did you forget already?

The Parrot Killer

19-07-2019 05:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:

Thanks. There is one problem with a scientist being in here. With the link I posted, he doesn't support CO2 as causing global warming. Other scientists have observed real time warming based on the ozone layer being depleted and not caused by CO2.
A lot of it comes back to what a person supports.

This is some of what I'm talking about.
https://scienceblog.com/14993/current-melting-of-greenland-ice-mimics-1920s-1940s-event/

When that happened the waters warmed around Greenland below the 66th parallel. This caused White Whales to migrate to the Hudson Bay. Earthquake monitoring in Greenland also started in the 1920's. Jason Box is a geologist with Ohio State University.
19-07-2019 05:33
(3979)
James___ wrote:

https://scienceblog.com/14993/current-melting-of-greenland-ice-mimics-1920s-1940s-event/

So that article doesn't seem to have any controversy about causes. What I ready just concerned that there is a tipping point for ice melting.

So I guess if there is a tipping point understanding how that works.

Maybe a good topic for it's own thread.
Edited on 19-07-2019 05:34
19-07-2019 07:02
(21600)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Thanks. There is one problem with a scientist being in here. With the link I posted, he doesn't support CO2 as causing global warming.

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. Denying science does not make you a scientist.
James___ wrote:
Other scientists have observed real time warming based on the ozone layer being depleted and not caused by CO2.
It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. No scientist has been able to observe that.
James___ wrote:

Since you deny both math and science, I guess all you have is your religion.
James___ wrote:

It is not possible to measure the mass of the ice in Greenland. Depth measurements taken in central Greenland do not indicate there is any less ice.
James___ wrote:
When that happened the waters warmed around Greenland below the 66th parallel.
It is not possible to measure the temperature of the waters around Greenland. You don't have enough thermometers.
James___ wrote:
This caused White Whales to migrate to the Hudson Bay.
White whales normally inhabit Hudson bay. There are even tours of them.
James___ wrote:
Earthquake monitoring in Greenland also started in the 1920's. Jason Box is a geologist with Ohio State University.

...and?

The Parrot Killer

19-07-2019 07:04
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:

So that article doesn't seem to have any controversy about causes. What I ready just concerned that there is a tipping point for ice melting.

There is no 'tipping point' in ice melting. It is not an unstable system.
tmiddles wrote:

Buzzword fallacy. There is no 'tipping point'.

The Parrot Killer

19-07-2019 07:05
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:?

Please ignore him James

I'm hoping to get some people to return. Right now seems it's just you and I.
19-07-2019 07:15
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:

This is a possible cause. It could explain the excessive glacial calving on Greenland's west coast. There was a rare celestial configuration then as well. This can also be a feedback mechanism today as well. If so then it would help to show why a healthy atmosphere is important. Tectonic plate rebound can be a bitch.
[url] http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/full/seri/JRASC/0024//0000201.000.html[/url]
19-07-2019 07:19
(21600)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:

This is a possible cause. It could explain the excessive glacial calving on Greenland's west coast.

What excessive glacial calving on Greenland's west coast?
James___ wrote:
There was a rare celestial configuration then as well.

Such as?
James___ wrote:
This can also be a feedback mechanism today as well. If so then it would help to show why a healthy atmosphere is important.

What 'feedback mechanism'? Buzzword fallacy.
James___ wrote:
Tectonic plate rebound can be a bitch.

Non-sequitur fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

19-07-2019 09:10
(3979)
James___ wrote:Tectonic plate rebound can be a bitch.
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/full/seri/JRASC/0024//0000201.000.html

Dude 1930

I wonder if anyone has done collection of the work done way back, pre 1970s, on climate/greenhouse/warming.

I think having work from a time pre-modern hysteria is especially compelling.

Like what was the first guess on the temperature of Venus.

I just saw that NASA sent Magellan to VENUS and crashed in into the planet on purpose at the end of it's mission in 1994. And Japan is there now!
magellan
19-07-2019 11:08
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Since this is really our first inter-glacial period, we really don't know what is 'normal', and what it is 'man-made'. Instead of burning 'witches', you greeners are burning 'fossil fuels'. Instead of random natural events, god must be pissed, and punishing us, so you need to offer sacrifices to the carbon god. Climate Change isn't really much different from the superstitious ignorance we've done throughout out history. It's all guessing, and faith based, beyond recorded observations. Do you not learn anything from history? A lot of people were accused, tortured, a trial (if they survived), and executed. Then what, we eventually learned there was no witchcraft, the people were wrongfully murdered. How many virgins do you think you need to throw in the volcano, to appease the carbon god? It's really easy to create outrage, and call for horrific actions, but it take a special breed to ignore the consequence of those actions. You want to punish and kill a bunch of people, over a guess, or belief, for which there is no observable proof or need. You can think and believe all you want, but it's no substitute for recorded observations. Sometimes we all guess wrong, we make mistakes, smart people don't keep making the same mistakes made in the past.

Do you really believe that carbon taxing a cheap and plentiful energy source without offering a better (cheaper, easier) replacement, isn't going to harm and kill a lot of people? When has it ever been okay, to sacrifice peoples lives, for the good of the 'better' people? The 'better' people, are those that think they are smarter than average, and it's their responsibility to make those choices for the rest of us, since we don't know what's best for ourselves. Those 'better' people, think we a just sludge on the bottom of the gene pool, so if a lot of us die, it's just cleaning up another mess...
19-07-2019 11:19
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:god must be pissed, and punishing us, so you need to offer sacrifices to the carbon god.

I would agree that absent a crisis people will make one up. You should start a thread on that Harvey. It would be a good topic.

So share your thoughts on Venus.
19-07-2019 13:02
(14416)
tmiddles wrote:So share your thoughts on Venus.

There's not much that we know about Venus beyond it not being a 5-star vacation destination. We don't even know its average global temperature.

My thoughts on Venus are that it is pretty bright.

19-07-2019 18:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:Tectonic plate rebound can be a bitch.
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/full/seri/JRASC/0024//0000201.000.html

Dude 1930

I wonder if anyone has done collection of the work done way back, pre 1970s, on climate/greenhouse/warming.

Like what was the first guess on the temperature of Venus.

I just saw that NASA sent Magellan to VENUS and crashed in into the planet on purpose at the end of it's mission in 1994. And Japan is there now!
magellan

In this mornings paper, the world heat record for June included the lower 48 states were near normal.
https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article232834527.html
19-07-2019 18:16
(14416)
tmiddles wrote:

James___ wrote: In this mornings paper, the world heat record for June included the lower 48 states were near normal.
https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article232834527.html

Hey, tmiddles, are you going to bash on James__ for not following the thread topic or for responding to the content of your post in any way?

I was just wondering if you were adouble-standard-toting hypocrite.

19-07-2019 20:05
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

James___ wrote: In this mornings paper, the world heat record for June included the lower 48 states were near normal.

Hey, tmiddles, are you going to bash on James__ for not following the thread topic or for responding to the content of your post in any way?

I was on topic. I referred t how CO2 warms an atmosphere. When comparing the Earth to Venus, does Venus has such anomalies? Instead you're just going after someone. The hypocrites would actually be you and ITN because neither of your discuss climate change. It's a fallacy inversion on your part. My logic is undeniable.
19-07-2019 20:20
(14416)
James___ wrote: The hypocrites would actually be you and ITN because neither of your discuss climate change.

James__, the dishonest fuggers would be you and tmiddles who refuse to formally and unambiguously define Climate Change, despite being asked many times, just because you are dishonest fuggers.

... but you want it discussed.

Actually, you don't want it discussed. Both tmiddles and yourself just want to preach without being interrupted.

19-07-2019 21:28
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

I was on topic. I referred t how CO2 warms an atmosphere. When comparing the Earth to Venus, does Venus has such anomalies? Instead you're just going after someone. The hypocrites would actually be you and ITN because neither of your discuss climate change. It's a fallacy inversion on your part. My logic is undeniable.

But, did Venus ever support life, or could it, without the CO2? Most likey not a chance. Earth is abnormal, we have found a hint of life anywhere else, or any other planets that could support life from our planet.
19-07-2019 21:30
(21600)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Void argument fallacy (logic error). Argument of the Stone fallacy (logic error). Redirection fallacy (logic error). Insult fallacy (logic error). Fallacy fallacy (logic error). Define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

Page 3 of 28<12345>>>

Join the debate Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Why can't you say Venus is hotter than Mercury because Venus got CO2?12919-12-2019 17:10
I don't believe CO2 makes air hotter because I don't see any experimental proof509-10-2019 03:15
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus8826-09-2019 05:49
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus and Mercury418-09-2019 22:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact