▼ Content

Hot Water Unit

Page 4 of 4<<<234
14-07-2021 15:36
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Found this little gem
Holden Special Vehicles offered a different autogas system from its parent, Holden, that injects the autogas into the engine as a liquid, making for efficiency.[12]

All Ford LPG vehicles that were locally made used liquid injected LPG and developed 3 kW more than the petrol equivalent.

Auto gas became unpopular when the government taxed the crap out of it
14-07-2021 16:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
Found this little gem
Holden Special Vehicles offered a different autogas system from its parent, Holden, that injects the autogas into the engine as a liquid, making for efficiency.[12]

All Ford LPG vehicles that were locally made used liquid injected LPG and developed 3 kW more than the petrol equivalent.

Kind of what allowed Amazon.com to become so large. It lost money and paid no taxes. Kind of shows how some tax laws can be manipulated and become a form of corporate welfare.
With Holden, if what you said is right, politicians tend to control things.
14-07-2021 18:25
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have a permit to fit autogas to mobile applications.A few things I remember well
.Autogas is 85%propane and 15%butane
.The butane helps the ignition process
.The octane rating of Autogas is 120,

The octane rating of Autogas, as you describe it, is ZERO.
duncan61 wrote:
It is more powerful than petrol but retro fitting it to a combustion engine designed for petrol is not ideal,Autogas burns best at a ratio of 14:1 and a compression ratio of 13:1
.LPG boils at -21

There is approx 91k BTU in a gallon of propane. There is 120.3k BTU in a gallon of gasoline. There is 137.4k BTU in a gallon of diesel oil.
duncan61 wrote:
.Autogas compresses to liquid at 270psi
.Butane is a yellow flame like cigarette lighters
.Domestic and camping cookers use a 50/50 mix of butane propane

Maybe where you are, the ones we use in the States run on just propane.
duncan61 wrote:
Regards this comment
First, you have it backwards. Second, it has nothing to do with the state of the matter. Thermal energy always flows from higher temperature to lower temperature.
If I place warm beer in a ice slurry it is the ice that has the energy transferring to the warm beer at ambient.Heat always flows from higher temperature to lower temperature.

Ice has less energy than warm beer. Warm beer heats the ice. Ice doesn't heat warm beer. See the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

100 octane
The fuel type LPG cost less than petrol and generally has a higher octane rating, at over 100 octane.29 Apr 2021

Nope. The octane rating of both propane and butane are ZERO.
duncan61 wrote:
In the class I took I recall auto gas was rated at 120 octane.

Nope. There are no octanes in butane or propane. It is zero.
duncan61 wrote:
The workshop where I did my fitting to cars was run by my mate and they built a 302 windsor ford engine to 13.1 compression and ponced with the injection system and did a 10 second quarter mile in a Capri even though everyone said it could not be done.

Irrelevant. The octane rating of autogas, as you describe it, is ZERO.
duncan61 wrote:
We blend butane in West Australia as there is an excess of it and it needs to be got rid of.It softens the flame.Perhaps in the states you use pure propane.Why not.Petrol will ignite at rich and lean mixes with autogas it only has a narrow dilution it will ignite at and on old cars you have to advance the ignition as it burns slower than petrol.Modern cars run so well with VVTI and management systems they are not worth converting however cars from the 80s to 2000 go well as the computer management adjust the running to suit the fuel.The lads were looking in to connecting the LPG directly into the fuel rail on injected cars and managed cars.I am not sure how this went.When I did my 96 cherokee I fitted a diffuser above the throttle body and a jumbo convertor and used an emulator on the management system.

So?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-07-2021 18:26
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
Found this little gem

The BTU of these different fuels are what they are. You can't change it, and neither can I.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-07-2021 18:29
(21599)
James___ wrote:
Kind of what allowed Amazon.com to become so large. It lost money and paid no taxes.

Amazon makes money and pays taxes.
James___ wrote:
Kind of shows how some tax laws can be manipulated and become a form of corporate welfare.

Amazon does not take welfare. There are no government subsidies for Amazon.

The Parrot Killer

14-07-2021 18:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
Into the Night wrote:The BTU of these different fuels are what they are. You can't change it, and neither can I.

What about with this?

14-07-2021 21:03
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Pure marketing.If you drink this flash energy drink I made you will lose kilos
14-07-2021 21:16
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I use fuel treatments in my jeep and on the first oil change I did I used an oil treatment that fills in all the microscopic pits in the steel and cast iron components.You can feel the engine smoothing over as you drive the next 50 Km.Once it is done you do not need to do it again.My buddy was an agent for Proma but he is dead so I found this German product I was impressed with.Some say it does F all but I am a fan
15-07-2021 19:45
(21599)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:The BTU of these different fuels are what they are. You can't change it, and neither can I.

What about with this?

This stuff also has an octane rating of zero.

It is NOT made of jet fuel either.

It contains various light distillates that are useful for cleaning out gunk from engines. It can damage modern engines by dissolving the gaskets in their fuel systems.

It does not boost octane rating. It actually reduces it when you mix it with the fuel.

The Parrot Killer

15-07-2021 19:45
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
Pure marketing.If you drink this flash energy drink I made you will lose kilos

Bingo.

The Parrot Killer

15-07-2021 19:48
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
I use fuel treatments in my jeep and on the first oil change I did I used an oil treatment that fills in all the microscopic pits in the steel and cast iron components.You can feel the engine smoothing over as you drive the next 50 Km.Once it is done you do not need to do it again.My buddy was an agent for Proma but he is dead so I found this German product I was impressed with.Some say it does F all but I am a fan

There are several engine treatments like this on the market. They all do the same thing. Some even claim that you can run the engine without oil!

Don't recommend that! Oil is not just a lubricant, but a primary means of cooling an engine.

Such stuff DOES improve mileage though, and it can improve lubrication in engines with poorly designed lubrication systems such as some Fords with inline or v8 engines. Ford never really got the concept of hydraulics very well.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 15-07-2021 19:51
17-07-2021 05:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:

If memory serves me right, Xadoman makes a product that repairs damaged bearings. Would help to explain his $6,000 outhouse. In some of the pictures his main residence could be seen and looked quite nice.
For what he does, he must be doing something right.
Page 4 of 4<<<234

Join the debate Hot Water Unit:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the 15516-09-2023 13:46
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
Florida in hot water as ocean temperatures rise along with the humidity213-07-2023 15:50
Lake Mead Water Levels Stage A Comeback?431-05-2023 23:03
LOL, California has way way way too much water at this point1702-05-2023 20:59
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact