Remember me
▼ Content

Lake Mead Water Levels Stage A Comeback?

Lake Mead Water Levels Stage A Comeback?28-05-2023 23:23
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
The water levels at lake Mead seem to have turned a corner in 2023.

They are now higher than they were at this time in late spring in 2022, and are now at almost 1054 feet

Are things starting to look up for the drought at lake Mead?

In the past 5 years, the water levels declined a lot through spring, but this year have increased a lot in spring.

Take a look at the charts here:

https://mead.uslakes.info/level.asp

Is this a good sign or what?

Edited on 28-05-2023 23:26
29-05-2023 00:46
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Only thing that will change, is easing water restrictions. Least, until water levels start to drop, as usual... Sure, they had a good year so far, but it never last. The dry season begins, the wildfire, the race to save homes and businesses... Never ending cycle, since nobody wants to pay to manage resource, or change their lifestyle.
29-05-2023 19:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Only thing that will change, is easing water restrictions. Least, until water levels start to drop, as usual... Sure, they had a good year so far, but it never last. The dry season begins, the wildfire, the race to save homes and businesses... Never ending cycle, since nobody wants to pay to manage resource, or change their lifestyle.

You pay for federal government every time you pay taxes. They oversee the Colorado river agreements.

Wildfire in California start mostly because of arson. There are more homes and business located in brushy areas too, and they no longer cut back the brush. California also has destroyed much of it's water capacity by destroying dams.

Wildfire in California is the fault of the SDTC.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-05-2023 19:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Spongy Iris wrote:

They are now higher than they were at this time in late spring in 2022, and are now at almost 1054 feet

In the past 5 years, the water levels declined a lot through spring, but this year have increased a lot in spring.

Depends on who you ask.

There are those that figure the extra water means 'disaster' (even though the drought means 'disaster'). Some are just never satisfied.

Snow levels are definitely higher. L.A. got a large amount of rain during that time too. I was caught in those snowstorms while in Nevada. Closed passes in Indio and in Kingman, and several blocked roads throughout Nevada, including SR95.

Yellowstone got quite a bit of flooding too. Wrecked up several roads in that area as well. They're STILL putting the pieces back together on that one!

All this means more water flowing down the Grand and Colorado river systems.

Lake Mead was low not only because of overuse of water upstream, but also because Hoover dam was still spilling water to run it's hydroelectric system...demanded mostly by California.

Downstream of THAT dam water levels were normal and never did drop.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
31-05-2023 23:03
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Depends on who you ask.

There are those that figure the extra water means 'disaster' (even though the drought means 'disaster'). Some are just never satisfied.

Snow levels are definitely higher. L.A. got a large amount of rain during that time too. I was caught in those snowstorms while in Nevada. Closed passes in Indio and in Kingman, and several blocked roads throughout Nevada, including SR95.

Yellowstone got quite a bit of flooding too. Wrecked up several roads in that area as well. They're STILL putting the pieces back together on that one!

All this means more water flowing down the Grand and Colorado river systems.

Lake Mead was low not only because of overuse of water upstream, but also because Hoover dam was still spilling water to run it's hydroelectric system...demanded mostly by California.

Downstream of THAT dam water levels were normal and never did drop.

It has been cold this year in NorCal. I've been seeing record lows in the Bay Area in recent days. Must be the Sudden Stratospheric Warming at the North Pole was stronger than usual, this year, pushing down that cold air further.

Join the debate Lake Mead Water Levels Stage A Comeback?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Lake Mead516-02-2024 00:19
The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the 15516-09-2023 13:46
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
Florida in hot water as ocean temperatures rise along with the humidity213-07-2023 15:50
LOL, California has way way way too much water at this point1702-05-2023 20:59
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact