▼ Content

Hot Water Unit

Page 2 of 4<1234>
06-07-2021 18:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Spongy Iris wrote:
As IBDM knows, clouds don't trap heat, they block cold

Must be why, every time clouds roll in, we get a higher low.

It is not possible to trap heat.

Clouds can't do it either.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-07-2021 18:33
(21582)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

James___ wrote:And yet heat is once again E = hv

Nope. It is not.

That is the formula for computing energy, not for computing any flow of energy.

Just can't accept it when you're wrong, can you? A "flow" of energy will have a wavelength.

Heat has no frequency.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-07-2021 01:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Nope. It is not.

Just can't accept it when you're wrong, can you? A "flow" of energy will have a wavelength.

Heat has no frequency.

This is where philosophy has failed you. When a flow of energy occurs, it emanates from a source. And you are familiar with black body radiation, that allows for many different frequencies of "heat" to be radiated.
07-07-2021 02:09
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Nope. It is not.

Heat has no frequency.

This is where philosophy has failed you. When a flow of energy occurs, it emanates from a source. And you are familiar with black body radiation, that allows for many different frequencies of "heat" to be radiated.
Heat is not light.

The Parrot Killer

07-07-2021 02:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Nope. It is not.

Heat has no frequency.

Heat is not light.

Please put down your book on philosophy. I mean some people say that feces smells while others will say "fuel".
07-07-2021 16:22
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
With feces, if treated, it can be used as fertilizer. An example is that on a diary farm, the methane can be collected and used to power an engine. I think some farms are doing this. Then the source of the methane can be spread as fertilizer on that farm as is it slows soil erosion. The fecal material came from the grass grown on that farm, right?
Why is light and heat the same thing? They both have a source that emits them. While there is visible light which is heat has a frequency between ~4 * 10^14 to 8 * 10^14 hz. Above and below those frequencies are all other functions of "wave" energy found.
The specific heat capacity of a material is the energy required to raise one kilogram (kg) of the material by one degree Celsius (°C). The specific heat capacity of water is 4,200 joules per kilogram per degree Celsius (J/kg°C).

1 Hertz = 6.62606957030801E-34 Joule

I think that 1 hz = 6.626^34 joules demonstrates that light is heat just as heat is light.
And now we have defined "is" as in "what "is" a flow of energy". It is light at a specific frequency. It is also called electromagnetic radiation. Its frequency or hz determines how it affects matter that absorbs it such as in black body radiation or if it's refracted as with snow which is highly reflective.
Edited on 07-07-2021 16:24
07-07-2021 18:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)

James___ wrote:An example is that on a diary farm, the methane can be collected and used to power an engine.

Well, it's true that on diary farms they grow journals of all types. What some people write in theirs reeks to high heaven.

James___ wrote:I think some farms are doing this.

Yes, but a lot fewer these days since most people do their journal writing online on the internet.

James___ wrote: I think that 1 hz = 6.626^34 joules demonstrates that light is heat just as heat is light.

1 hz = 1 cycle per second, not any quantity of Joules. Ergo, light is not heat and heat is not light. Although a sufficiently small quantity of Joules per second could be called a light heat.

James___ wrote:And now we have defined "is" as in "what "is" a flow of energy".

I didn't see any such definition, however I don't mind giving you a definition for "heat."

Heat: the flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another.

Heat is a measure of power, i.e. Joules/second or Watts.

James___ wrote: if it's refracted as with snow which is highly reflective.

James__, it's not refracted if it is reflected, and if snow is highly reflective then it reflects light, not refracts it.

07-07-2021 19:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBDM, you need to quit getting caught up in definitions. That doesn't allow for you to consider application. Heat and light are both electromagnetic radiation.
07-07-2021 21:05
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
James___ wrote:
IBDM, you need to quit getting caught up in definitions. That doesn't allow for you to consider application. Heat and light are both electromagnetic radiation.

YEAH IBD!!!!! Just forget about definitions!!! Screw 'em!!! Just start speaking Liberal instead...

Jeeze... why do you even care about definitions anyway, IBD?? They're sooooooooo yesterday...... Get with the times, man!
07-07-2021 21:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:

YEAH IBD!!!!! Just forget about definitions!!! Screw 'em!!! Just start speaking Liberal instead...

Jeeze... why do you even care about definitions anyway, IBD?? They're sooooooooo yesterday...... Get with the times, man!

He said that watts is a measure of power. In our atmosphere, the amount of energy in it is measured as "watts per square meter" or w/m^2. That is not power but is energy.
What he gave was one definition.

p.s., autocorrect, have to watch out for it.

Edited on 07-07-2021 22:11
07-07-2021 22:48
(14389)

James___ wrote: ....the amount of energy in it is measured as "watts per square meter" or w/m^2.

That is called "Radiance" which is Power/Area

07-07-2021 22:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

James___ wrote: ....the amount of energy in it is measured as "watts per square meter" or w/m^2.

This is one of the reasons why I think you and gfm go to the same church. It's not power/radiance for the simple reason it's not controlled. Power like with the curling irons that girls like you and gfm use have a power/area relationship because of the wattage of your curling irons and the surface area of the iron itself. You ladies need to get out more often and breath the fresh, invigorating air of science.
It's actually pretty interesting. I mean our atmosphere is probably cooler than what scientists have made it out to be.

p.s., @All, the reason energy in our atmosphere is measured as w/m^2 is because it is ambient energy.
ambient; relating to the immediate surroundings of something. And with me, might be able to show how this is applicable to atmospheric temperatures.

Edited on 07-07-2021 23:03
07-07-2021 23:07
(21582)
James___ wrote:
With feces, if treated, it can be used as fertilizer. An example is that on a diary farm, the methane can be collected and used to power an engine. I think some farms are doing this. Then the source of the methane can be spread as fertilizer on that farm as is it slows soil erosion. The fecal material came from the grass grown on that farm, right?
Why is light and heat the same thing? They both have a source that emits them. While there is visible light which is heat has a frequency between ~4 * 10^14 to 8 * 10^14 hz. Above and below those frequencies are all other functions of "wave" energy found.
The specific heat capacity of a material is the energy required to raise one kilogram (kg) of the material by one degree Celsius (°C). The specific heat capacity of water is 4,200 joules per kilogram per degree Celsius (J/kg°C).

1 Hertz = 6.62606957030801E-34 Joule

I think that 1 hz = 6.626^34 joules demonstrates that light is heat just as heat is light.
And now we have defined "is" as in "what "is" a flow of energy". It is light at a specific frequency. It is also called electromagnetic radiation. Its frequency or hz determines how it affects matter that absorbs it such as in black body radiation or if it's refracted as with snow which is highly reflective.

A joule is not heat. Joules have no frequency either.

The Parrot Killer

07-07-2021 23:08
(21582)
James___ wrote:

Inversion fallacy. It is YOU getting caught up in definitions.

Heat is not light.

The Parrot Killer

07-07-2021 23:09
(21582)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:

James doesn't even speak Liberal. He speaks in his own unique language.

The Parrot Killer

07-07-2021 23:11
(21582)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:

He said that watts is a measure of power. In our atmosphere, the amount of energy in it is measured as "watts per square meter" or w/m^2. That is not power but is energy.
What he gave was one definition.

p.s., autocorrect, have to watch out for it.

Power is not energy. Neither has a frequency.

The Parrot Killer

07-07-2021 23:12
(21582)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

This is one of the reasons why I think you and gfm go to the same church. It's not power/radiance for the simple reason it's not controlled. Power like with the curling irons that girls like you and gfm use have a power/area relationship because of the wattage of your curling irons and the surface area of the iron itself. You ladies need to get out more often and breath the fresh, invigorating air of science.
It's actually pretty interesting. I mean our atmosphere is probably cooler than what scientists have made it out to be.

p.s., @All, the reason energy in our atmosphere is measured as w/m^2 is because it is ambient energy.
ambient; relating to the immediate surroundings of something. And with me, might be able to show how this is applicable to atmospheric temperatures.

There is no such thing as 'ambient energy'. Temperature is not energy.

The Parrot Killer

07-07-2021 23:28
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:

James doesn't even speak Liberal. He speaks in his own unique language.

True. I've in the past dubbed it as "James babble".
07-07-2021 23:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Temperature is not energy

You are correct Sir. "Temperature" helps to determine the amount of energy as expressed in KE = 3/2kT. In this instance T represents temperature in kelvins which starts at absolute 0º kelvin and 1º kelvin = 1º C. In Celsius, absolute 0 is -273.15º C.
Temperature does help us to understand a relationship between pressure and temperature. And this is relative to energy as in KE = 1/2mv^2 = 3/2kT. And if you were to divide 1/2mv^2 by n then you would have the amount of energy in each particle/molecule.

With ambient energy, if it's relative to the Earth's atmospheric gasses then that is an example of ambient energy.

p.s., n is Avagrado's number in this instance.
Edited on 07-07-2021 23:48
08-07-2021 00:17
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

You can slow it down. For example...

Say the high for the day outside is 90 degrees F. I will keep all the windows open, but won't use AC, unless it's over 95.

The high inside my house will probably barely reach 85. So heat was slowed down by the roof over my head.

Then on the flip side, say the low for that night is 55, after the day's high of 90. I will still keep all the windows open to cool it off from 85, but the temp inside might just drop to 70. So the roof over my head slowed down some cold.

08-07-2021 01:06
(14389)

Spongy Iris wrote:You can slow [heat] down. For example...

Heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. Heat is a power rating measured in Watts or Joules/second.

Reduce the power and you reduce the heat.

Spongy Iris wrote:Then on the flip side, say the low for that night is 55, after the day's high of 90. I will still keep all the windows open to cool it off from 85, but the temp inside might just drop to 70. So the roof over my head slowed down some cold.

There is no such thing in nature as "cold." It is merely a human perception. As such, it is not possible to somehow slow a human perception.

Yes, the insulation of your house reduces the heat, which exists regardless of the direction of the flow of the thermal energy, i.e. either into or out of your house.

08-07-2021 01:25
(14389)

gfm7175 wrote:YEAH IBD!!!!! Just forget about definitions!!! Screw 'em!!! Just start speaking Liberal instead...

I gotta hand it to you. That was a great recommendation.

I just washed my hands of all definitions and it was amazing. Suddenly I was always correct and I was even omniscient like tmiddles.

I can't thank you enough.

Oh, now atheists and Born Again Christians are the same thing. I'm trying to establish what "salvation" is and I'm open to suggestions.

08-07-2021 01:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

Heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. Heat is a power rating measured in Watts or Joules/second.

So what you're saying is if I listen ti this on my 1,000 watt home stereo system, it will get hot where I live?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bAwfvZz5wk

When watts is converted into decibels it is not measured as "temperature". It does Rock.
08-07-2021 01:56
(1643)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

So what you're saying is if I listen ti this on my 1,000 watt home stereo system, it will get hot where I live?

When watts is converted into decibels it is not measured as "temperature". It does Rock.

Lol

09-07-2021 23:16
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Lol

I'm glad someone in here has a sense of humor.
09-07-2021 23:26
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Temperature is not energy

You are correct Sir. "Temperature" helps to determine the amount of energy as expressed in KE = 3/2kT. In this instance T represents temperature in kelvins which starts at absolute 0º kelvin and 1º kelvin = 1º C. In Celsius, absolute 0 is -273.15º C.
Temperature does help us to understand a relationship between pressure and temperature. And this is relative to energy as in KE = 1/2mv^2 = 3/2kT. And if you were to divide 1/2mv^2 by n then you would have the amount of energy in each particle/molecule.

With ambient energy, if it's relative to the Earth's atmospheric gasses then that is an example of ambient energy.

p.s., n is Avagrado's number in this instance.

Denial of the 0th law of thermodynamics. Temperature is not energy.

The Parrot Killer

09-07-2021 23:29
(21582)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

You cannot slow or trap heat.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Say the high for the day outside is 90 degrees F. I will keep all the windows open, but won't use AC, unless it's over 95.

Fine.
Spongy Iris wrote:
The high inside my house will probably barely reach 85. So heat was slowed down by the roof over my head.

Nope. You cannot slow or trap heat.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Then on the flip side, say the low for that night is 55, after the day's high of 90. I will still keep all the windows open to cool it off from 85, but the temp inside might just drop to 70. So the roof over my head slowed down some cold.

Nope. You can't slow or trap heat. Heat is not cold. Heat is not hot. 'Cold' and 'Hot' are nothing more than subjective descriptions. Heat is the flow of thermal energy. Heat has no temperature.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 09-07-2021 23:31
09-07-2021 23:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:

And yet IBDM says otherwise. Why CO2 is used as an industrial refrigerant.
10-07-2021 00:23
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:YEAH IBD!!!!! Just forget about definitions!!! Screw 'em!!! Just start speaking Liberal instead...

I gotta hand it to you. That was a great recommendation.

I just washed my hands of all definitions and it was amazing. Suddenly I was always correct and I was even omniscient like tmiddles.

I can't thank you enough.

Oh, now atheists and Born Again Christians are the same thing. I'm trying to establish what "salvation" is and I'm open to suggestions.

Salvation is damnation.

How do I know this?? Because...
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

10-07-2021 00:30
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Fine.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Nope. You can't slow or trap heat. Heat is not cold. Heat is not hot. 'Cold' and 'Hot' are nothing more than subjective descriptions. Heat is the flow of thermal energy. Heat has no temperature.

Then why doesn't the ice in my freezer melt ?

10-07-2021 00:45
(3314)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Fine.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Because your freezer keeps the water cold enough so that it remains solid.
10-07-2021 00:55
(1643)
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Fine.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

And the heat outside my freezer, hasn't my freezer blocked it? No?

10-07-2021 02:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:

You have scared them. You are a "bad" Spongy Iris. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You should feel bad about yourself. They do not know that when CO2 gas is pressurized that it releases its heat content and becomes a liquid. And when exposed to a vacuum, it becomes a gas again absorbing heat. You should be nice to children. They are our future.
10-07-2021 02:32
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

And yet IBDM says otherwise. Why CO2 is used as an industrial refrigerant.

IBDM does not say otherwise.
Refrigerants do not slow or trap heat.

The Parrot Killer

10-07-2021 02:33
(21582)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Fine.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Because you plugged in your freezer.

The Parrot Killer

10-07-2021 02:35
(21582)
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Fine.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

You cannot store or trap heat. You cannot block heat.
Heat is not inside or outside your freezer. Heat has no temperature.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 10-07-2021 02:35
10-07-2021 02:37
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Fine.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

You cannot store or trap heat. You cannot block heat.
Heat is not inside or outside your freezer. Heat has no temperature.

Ok fine keep talking gibberish dude.

10-07-2021 03:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Heat has no temperature.

Ok fine keep talking gibberish dude.

Talk about a paradox. Heat "is" but it cannot be defined by "temperature". And "temperature" cannot be defined by "heat".
"Is" is basically nothing if it cannot be defined. This then suggests that life does does exist because what "is" cannot be defined. Kind of wish I did drugs as a kid so I could understand how nothing is something because nothing allows for something. Thermodynamics explains this quite well.

p.s., this is when you guys are "fun" to deal with.

@Spongy, he can't accept that life is a paradox and we're still here. He needs to know why we're here and no one really knows that. We just have to deal with one simple fact. We are here.
Edited on 10-07-2021 03:09
10-07-2021 03:38
(14389)

Spongy Iris wrote:Then why doesn't the ice in my freezer melt ?

I explained this to you above. Heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. Your freezer works by creating heat, i.e. a flow of thermal energy from inside your freezer out of your freezer. Your freezer increases the temperature outside of itself by transferring internal thermal energy to the outside.

Note: You cannot cool a room (i.e. reduce its average temperature) by putting an operating freezer in the middle of the room and opening the doors. You will only increase the room's average temperature.

Spongy Iris wrote:And the heat outside my freezer, hasn't my freezer blocked it? No?

I have no idea why you would ask this question. I explained this to you above. Heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. There is a great deal of thermal energy flowing outside your freezer. Why would you presume that your freezer blocks any of it?

However, your freezer greatly reduces heat that would transfer thermal energy from outside the freezer to inside the freezer ... while effectively transferring thermal energy from inside the freezer to the outside.

Let me know if you have any questions.

[img][/img]
10-07-2021 03:52
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

I explained this to you above. Heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. Your freezer works by creating heat, i.e. a flow of

His freezer works by removing "heat". It's a flow of "heat" from cold to warm.
I think now I know why scientists get things wrong. They don't understand the work that is performed.
Page 2 of 4<1234>

Join the debate Hot Water Unit:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the 15516-09-2023 13:46
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
Florida in hot water as ocean temperatures rise along with the humidity213-07-2023 15:50
Lake Mead Water Levels Stage A Comeback?431-05-2023 23:03
LOL, California has way way way too much water at this point1702-05-2023 20:59
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact