Remember me
▼ Content

Going "Green"

Page 3 of 5<12345>
02-02-2021 19:14
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14419)
keepit wrote: ITN, Lots of mistakes in your last few posts.

None, as far as you are pointing out.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-02-2021 19:37
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
keepit wrote:
Neutrinos do exist and they have no charge.

IMO neutrinos exist just as a figment of imagination.

Here is an explanation from a scientist.

"Neutrinos are very hard to detect because they have no electric charge. But when a neutrino passes through matter, if it hits something dead-on, it will create electrically charged particles. And those can be detected."

Scientists used to think "neutrinos" had no mass. But now they say they do have mass. But they can't really prove it, and its more rationalizing to justify their theory.

The electric charged particles they detect appear to exist, and that has been proven. But I'm pretty sure they will never find any "neutrinos" to explain why electrically charged particles happen spontaneously.

Another puzzle is scientists cannot detect enough "neutrinos" to account for all the energy from the Sun.

02-02-2021 20:11
(14419)
Spongy Iris wrote: IMO neutrinos exist just as a figment of imagination.

You are not wrong, and you can make a great case that Occam's Razor cuts away neutrinos for a simpler explanation of electrical charges. You just need to show that something else that already exists is the cause of the electrical charges and that is all that is necessary to state that the concept of neutrinos is not needed.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-02-2021 22:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Occam's razor is just advice, it isn't a law of physics.
02-02-2021 23:09
(14419)
keepit wrote:. Occam's razor is just advice, it isn't a law of physics.

You were somewhat close to actually getting a second thing correct. Hang in there, it's bound to happen.

03-02-2021 02:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
You mentioned the strong nuclear force.

Yes I did.
keepit wrote:
The force between quarks gets stronger the farther away from each other they are. But why?

The strong nuclear force operates between protons, not quarks.
keepit wrote:
Quarks, when combined in a proton or neutron, become less energetic (as when protons combine to become helium and energy is released).

Protons do not combine.
keepit wrote:
When a quark is pulled away from a proton or neutron it becomes more energetic (more freedom) and thus has more gravity. Actually much more gravity, and thus is more attracted to the proton or neutron.

Quarks are not held together by gravity.
The key to understanding this is that a vast majority of a proton's mass is not in the mass of the quarks but in the energy of the quarks. This massive gravity between quarks as they pull away is what makes the strong force so strong.[/quote]
Quarks are not held together by gravity.
keepit wrote:
It's just a hypothesis, go ahead prove it wrong! Really.

There are no proofs in quantum mechanics.
keepit wrote:
BTW,
If a neutrino can be detected, that means it has a field.

A neutrino has no field. A neutrino is a lepton.
keepit wrote:
There are no particles, only fields.

There are no fields in quantum mechanics.
keepit wrote:
A photon is the result of the disturbance of an electromagnetic wave.

Denial of Heisenberg's law. An electromagnetic wave is also a photon

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-02-2021 02:47
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
That was one of your most error filled posts ITN.
Check with google.
BTW, do you have your own LHC?
03-02-2021 02:59
(21600)
keepit wrote:
As i understand it the Higgs field interacts with particles to give them mass which creates a field.

There is no Higgs field. According to you, there are no particles either.
keepit wrote:
What is an em field you ask. As i understand it, an em field is energy.

No. An em field is a force. It is emitted by both protons and electrons.
keepit wrote:
Your next question might be, "how can there be energy without mass (massless photon).
E^2=(mc^2)^2+(pc)^2
In other words, something moving has energy. If it's moving at the speed of light, it is all energy. If it's not moving at all, and has mass, it still has energy.
[quote]keepit wrote:
I guess you could say it is the energy of the disturbed electron field.

That is one way to make light. Another way is to disturb a proton (much harder to do). Electrons emit a photon when they lose energy. In other words, the energy they lose is converted into a photon. That photon can appear as a wave AND a particle at the same time, according to Heisenberg's law. You either know WHERE it is (a particle) or how fast it's moving (a wave). You cannot know both. The probability of where a particle is, is known as a wave function. This is simply the summation of a series of sine waves added together, producing a 'wavelet', or some definite probability of where a particle should be. (it's in there somewhere!).

A moving 'particle' is simply a single sine wave. You know it's in there, but the sine wave is continuous. It can be ANYWHERE in there. We only know it's moving.

keepit wrote:
If that sounds a little unclear it's because i don't have all the answers.

Obviously.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 03-02-2021 03:44
03-02-2021 03:18
(21600)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:As i understand it the Higgs field interacts with particles to give them mass which creates a field.

... and at the same time, as you understand it, there are no particles.

You would benefit from reading up on particle/wave duality. All energy is both a particle and a wave at the same time.

keepit wrote: What is an em field you ask.

That is not what I asked. Can you no longer copy-paste?

keepit wrote: Your next question might be, "how can there be energy without mass (massless photon).

All energy has mass. Einstein's mass-energy equivalence tells us how we can calculate the amount of mass for a given quantity of energy.

For your convenience, the equation is MASS = ENERGY / LightSpeed^2

Energy is just not necessarily matter.

keepit wrote:I guess you could say it is the energy of the disturbed electron field.

No, you cannot say that.

Not all energy has mass. A photon moving at the speed of light has no mass. It's just energy.
It only becomes mass when a photon is absorbed. You are only quoting part of the full equation. This portion is fine for dealing with ordinary mass that is not moving, but for something that is moving, it makes a difference. You need the full equation to appreciate what happens to a photon.

Despite the old saying that it's all relative, Einstein's model HAS an absolute speed. The speed of light in a vacuum.

The Lorenz transformation is why nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, no matter how hard you push it, even if you are pushing it from a moving platform. Einstein was able to show that mass simply appears to get larger and larger, until it reaches the speed of light, where mass has no meaning anymore. It's mass is 'zero'. Mass becomes light. For photons, the equation now simplifies down to: E=pc, since the square of a zero is also zero, eliminating the mc^2 portion.

In other words, energy is same as a photon at the speed of light in a vacuum. The energy of that photon is E=hf, relating the photon's energy to it's frequency, or Planck's law.

Linear motion simply doesn't sum together as you approach the speed of light. This was shown by the Michaelson-Morley experiment, as well as showing that there is no luminerfous aether. Light shone in any path remains the same, regardless of a moving Earth, a moving galaxy, etc.

Einstein's equation is really just the Pythagorean Theorem applied to light and mass.
When mass is at rest (relative to the observer), you can discard one portion of the equation, reaching the simplified and well known E=mc^2.

That simplified equation also explained why a mass of something like uranium can have energy by just sitting there and losing its mass due to fission.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 03-02-2021 03:32
03-02-2021 03:20
(21600)
keepit wrote:
Check with google.

Google is not science nor quantum mechanics. Google is not God.
False authority fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

03-02-2021 04:32
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
The center of a field has traditionally been called a particle. To argue excessively about this is just semantics.
Don't argue imaginary issues ITN. For example - noone said that google is God, it's only in your mind that they did.

Consider this surprising fact - a molecule vibrates many times a second, an atom vibrates many more times as many as a molecule, a proton vibrates many more times than an atom, a quark vibrates many more times as many as a proton, etc.
These vibrations are energy. The quarks gain energy and therefore gravity when they begin to become free of quark confinement.

Many things travel faster than the speed of light. It just depends on what point you are measuring from. For example some galaxies are traveling away from the milky way faster than the speed of light.
The reason calculations about the speed of light always show the value C is because when an object is moving relative to another object the frequency or the wavelength changes depending on whether the object is moving from or away. Regardless, when the wavelength decreases due to relative motion the frequency will increase due to relative motion and the product of frequency and wavelength will still be C.

Consider this hypothesis - dark energy is simply the extra dimensions of space unpacking from the calabai yau spaces into our 3 dimensional space when there is a paucity of gravity as occurs in between galaxies. Extra dimensions in our 3d space is greater distance. JMHO.
Edited on 03-02-2021 04:52
03-02-2021 06:00
(14419)
keepit wrote: The center of a field has traditionally been called a particle. To argue excessively about this is just semantics.

You still haven't learned after all this time. What a moron.

keepit wrote: Don't argue imaginary issues ITN. For example - noone said that google is God, it's only in your mind that they did.

Why did you cite Google in the first place? Only a total moron who views Google as inerrant and infallible would waste bandwidth on citing Google for anything.

Only a total intellectual coward who knows nothing and who is totally dependent upon others to do his thinking for him would be completely relegated to quoting what others say instead of just admitting that he doesn't fuuúking know anything about the subject matter being discussed.

keepit wrote: Consider this surprising fact

It's not a fact. I'd advise you to learn what a fact is but I think we have adequately established that you aren't really capable of learning anything.

keepit wrote: - a molecule vibrates many times a second,

What does "vibrate" mean exactly in the quantum world? How does a wave "vibrate" exactly? Feel free to admit that you don't fuuúking know anything about the subject matter being discussed. Really, feel free.

keepit wrote: These vibrations are energy.

Really? ... or are you flailing wildly because you have the vaguest fuuúking clue about the subject matter being discussed? Hint: Everyone can tell that you don't have a clue, so it really should be easy for you to admit it. You don't have to continue wasting bandwidth out of the misguided notion that someone might still think you're smart in some way because there really is no chance of that at this point.

keepit wrote: The quarks gain energy and therefore gravity when they begin to become free of quark confinement.

You have got to be fuuúkking kidding me! Stop already!

keepit wrote: Many things travel faster than the speed of light.

Oh yeah, MANY. What are your favorite nine things that travel faster than light?

keepit wrote: It just depends on what point you are measuring from.

Nope. The speed of light is the same for all observers. Try again.

I'm taking bets as to whether you will get something right in 2021. Your post just sent the odds plummeting.

03-02-2021 12:09
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
You failed at your job of being counterproductive.

Too bad.
03-02-2021 15:44
(14419)
keepit wrote: You failed at your job of being counterproductive.

I was never any good at that. Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

03-02-2021 17:41
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Check with google.

You keep referencing these mysterious "errors", yet you never actually itemize any of them out nor explain why ITN is in "error"... Why is this?

Oh, that's right, because you are a moron who has no mind of his own...
03-02-2021 19:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
Check with google.

Google is not science nor quantum mechanics. Google is not God.
False authority fallacy.

Google has no authority over anyone unless they give Google authority over what they accept. This like claiming that a library is an authority when it is a repository of knowledge and other items which are for entertainment purposes.
Or if anyone accepts what you or gfm say because you "believe" and your logic is not fallible because you see yourselves as gods.

Attached image:

Edited on 03-02-2021 19:19
03-02-2021 19:25
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
IBD,ITN, gfm,
You don't reason about issues. You just deny.
I'm guilty of the same thing. As a result debate becomes a bunch of wild goose chases.
03-02-2021 19:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This actually belongs in this thread because it is about "Going Green".
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/gasoline-is-becoming-worthless-210636353.html
While investors might be like buzzards looking for their next meal, long term market capitalization relies on a consistent national policy. I don't think rushing to make everything battery powered is the answer.
This is because the recycling process for such batteries isn't close to being 100% like it is for lead batteries. Also, will their be a sufficient supply of raw material until recycling can reduce the demand?
And will the electrical grid and electrical generation be sufficient without increasing the demand for fossil fuels? These are problems that a constantly shifting national policy can make into critical problems. And that is when costs can significantly increase.
03-02-2021 22:12
(21600)
keepit wrote:
IBD,ITN, gfm,
You don't reason about issues. You just deny.

Lie. There are reasoned arguments (philosophy) going on right now between the three of us.
keepit wrote:
I'm guilty of the same thing. As a result debate becomes a bunch of wild goose chases.

No, you just deny. You just preach your religion, though reason AND theories of science AND mathematics goes out the window.

The Parrot Killer

04-02-2021 00:27
(3314)
keepit wrote:
IBD,ITN, gfm,
You don't reason about issues.

Sure we do. Check out the "The science is absolutely not settled" thread. There is plenty of reasoning occurring between the three of us there.

keepit wrote:
You just deny.

No, that is what YOU do.

keepit wrote:
I'm guilty of the same thing.

Indeed you are.

keepit wrote:
As a result debate becomes a bunch of wild goose chases.

Maybe you need to start reasoning instead of preaching the gospel straight from the mouth of the ministry of societal manipulation...
04-02-2021 00:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
And where does your information come from?
04-02-2021 01:00
(3314)
keepit wrote:
And where does your information come from?

IOW, you are asking me: "Who is your programmer?"

I am not programmed by the ministry of societal manipulation, as you are... I have a functioning mind of my own.
04-02-2021 01:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
So where do you get information from?
04-02-2021 02:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
IBD,
I can tell you don't have a clue about the current discussion. Your recent long post contained a slurry of insults yet only a couple of comments on the subject matter. One was (the speed of light is the same for all observers". And you asked, "What vibrates?"
Take a look at it - just a bunch of abusive talk and 2 minimal remarks which a grade school kid knows about. Do you know anything about the current topic here?
04-02-2021 02:20
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:

I don't know about everybody else, but I get information from all over the world, and all around me. I don't just switch on the 'magic box' each morning, then regurgitate what ever it tells me to believe. I don't put any value on opinion, of the people reporting the 'facts', because they tend to omit key facts, that they should have available. That isn't called reporting a story, it's called lying.

Some people believe 'learning', is simply memorizing the contents of a textbook, or lecture, digesting. Others believe learning, is understand the information presented. They keep asking question, tearing things apart in their minds, until they understand why, they are being told to believe something is true, and factual. Some people you encounter are 'smart', in that they can recite a lot of stuff they memorized. But they aren't really, because they don't actually know what it means. There are 'smart' people, who may not know a huge variety of things, but the know how and why, and can actually use what they learned. They are also very good at figuring out new things, based on how they learned everything else in life.
04-02-2021 02:24
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Everybody here gets their information from somewhere. Fox example, noone here has their own LHC and noone has their own Hubble telescope or James Web space telescope for example. If one doesn't get their information about cosmology and particle physics from these types of sources, wherer do they get it. Noone conjurs that kind of stuff with research.
04-02-2021 02:53
(14419)
keepit wrote: Everybody here gets their information from somewhere.

keepit, you are making more semantic blunders. I think I'm going to start wording it that way to emphasize that all your understanding problems are your handicap and are no one else's fault.

Somewhere is a singular. You are revealing your terrible misunderstanding that everyone somehow has "a source" for his knowledge, i.e. some "source" that does one's thinking for him.

Nope.

I, for example, am totally free to continually acquire knowledge wherever I may be, from the environment/world/universe around me. For example, I can see that whenever a dollar is printed that the number of dollars increases by one. Math and mathematical relationships hold in the universe I observe, for example. I feel sorry for people like you who have a "source" of thinking that performs that service for you because it prevents you from ever learning anything.

I don't have any single "source" that does my thinking for me therefore I am not forced to rely upon whatever any source of mis/disinformation tells me, especially when its sole purpose is to get me to irrationally panic in fear 24/7.

keepit wrote: Fox example, noone here has their own LHC and noone has their own Hubble telescope or James Web space telescope for example.

Everyone has his own mind which he is free to surrender to others to do his thinking for him ... or to exercise and transform into a powerful independent thinker that has mastered critical reasoning. Everyone has his own eyes and ears which he is free to totally ignore in deference to what he is told by whoever is doing his thinking for him ... or instead to trust first before any who would presume to do his thinking for him.

keepit wrote: If one doesn't get their information

"one" is a singular, "their" is a plural.

How can one get their anything? Did the people doing your thinking for you tell you that singular and plural are the same thing and that they are interchangeable?

keepit wrote: ... about cosmology and particle physics from these types of sources, wherer do they get it.

Who have the people who do your thinking for you orderdered you to believe has observed elementary particles ... that you have been told to believe do not exist?

04-02-2021 03:27
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
IBD,
You're full of it. Noone orders me todo anything.
Your post is nothing but english lessons and fluff.
You don't know a lot about the subject mater.
04-02-2021 03:30
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
gfm,
Tell me more about this "ministry of societal manipulation". Is it a filament of your imaginaton? Can i look it up on google?
04-02-2021 03:35
(14419)
keepit wrote:gfm, Tell me more about this "ministry of societal manipulation". Is it a filament of your imaginaton? Can i look it up on google?

The correct answer is that you cannot learn any information about it, so just fuuhgettaboutet.

Attached image:

04-02-2021 03:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Still stuck for answers, huh IBD.
04-02-2021 03:43
(14419)
keepit wrote: IBD, You're full of it. Noone orders me todo anything.

Yes, we all understand that's what you were ordered to say. We get it.

keepit wrote:Your post is nothing but english lessons and fluff.

Yes, we all understand that presenting you with an opportunity to learn is in very poor taste. You have my apologies.

keepit wrote: You don't know a lot about the subject mater.

Now that you mention it, you remind me somewhat of Mater. Some day you might be as smart as he.

Attached image:

04-02-2021 04:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
Tell me more about this "ministry of societal manipulation". Is it a filament of your imaginaton? Can i look it up on google?

You're in their church. Weather "is". Why worry about cause and effect when "is" makes everything so much easier to understand.
04-02-2021 07:11
(14419)
James___ wrote:You're in their church. Weather "is". Why worry about cause and effect when "is" makes everything so much easier to understand.

Well said James__. It all depends on what "is" means.

04-02-2021 09:28
(21600)
keepit wrote:

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

04-02-2021 09:29
(21600)
keepit wrote:
IBD,
I can tell you don't have a clue about the current discussion. Your recent long post contained a slurry of insults yet only a couple of comments on the subject matter. One was (the speed of light is the same for all observers". And you asked, "What vibrates?"
Take a look at it - just a bunch of abusive talk and 2 minimal remarks which a grade school kid knows about. Do you know anything about the current topic here?

Void argument fallacy. Insult fallacies. RQAA

The Parrot Killer

04-02-2021 09:30
(21600)
keepit wrote:
Everybody here gets their information from somewhere. Fox example, noone here has their own LHC and noone has their own Hubble telescope or James Web space telescope for example. If one doesn't get their information about cosmology and particle physics from these types of sources, wherer do they get it. Noone conjurs that kind of stuff with research.

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

04-02-2021 09:35
(21600)
keepit wrote:
IBD,
You're full of it. Noone orders me todo anything.

Google does.
keepit wrote:
Your post is nothing but english lessons and fluff.

Correction: English is a proper noun. It is always capitalized. There...another English lesson. You apparently need them.
keepit wrote:
You don't know a lot about the subject mater.

Correction: 'matter' is spelled with TWO 't's.

Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

04-02-2021 09:36
(21600)
keepit wrote:
gfm,

It IS Google.

Correction: The correct term is 'figment', not 'filament'. There. Another English lesson for you today.

The Parrot Killer

04-02-2021 09:37
(21600)
keepit wrote:
Still stuck for answers, huh IBD.

Correction: The correct interjection here is 'eh', not 'huh'.

Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Page 3 of 5<12345>

Join the debate Going "Green":

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Green Hydrogen6115-09-2023 22:36
This is How the European Commission Classifies Nuclear Energy and Gas to Be 'Green'205-02-2022 04:07
Green Hydrogen Survey for scientific research602-12-2020 18:37
Climate change in green land4204-04-2020 00:41
Forget New Green Deal, Let's make BIS(Basic Infrastructure And Service) Free.1215-01-2020 20:30
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact