keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Swan and IBD,
You guys are way overconfident.
01-02-2021 02:58
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
keepit wrote:Swan and IBD, You guys are way overconfident.

keepit, you are a delusional moron.

Attached image:

01-02-2021 03:25
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
IBD,
I've noticed that whenever you're stuck for an answer you get abusive.
01-02-2021 03:37
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1639)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
IBD,
I'm not specifically familiar with "subspace and extra dimensions" explanation of quantum tunneling.
I like the explanation of matter continually materializing and dematerializing and in that way occasionally matter moves from beyond a "wall" to the other side of that wall.

100 trillion neutrinos pass thru your body every second

This could be fun... I call B.S.

Neutrinos do not appear to actually exist. They are a mental construct, invented to exist just in the imagination of scientists, to explain why both energy and angular momentum ate not conserved in radioactive decay in which an electron is emitted.

People say they detect neutrinos, but it looks like all they are detecting is electric charges.

01-02-2021 04:17
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Neutrinos do exist and they have no charge.
01-02-2021 04:28
(14373)
keepit wrote: IBD, I've noticed that whenever you're stuck for an answer you get abusive.

You have never noticed me stuck for an answer. You are the one who has never had an answer for any of the stupid crap you post. Remember, in all the time you have posted on this site, you have only been correct once.

... and it's not abuse; it's an observation ... that you are a moron ... a self-evident observation ... which apparently doesn't change over time.

Attached image:

01-02-2021 04:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Isn't Natural Gas, methane? And isn't methane the gas you emit, when you eat a Taco Bell? I'm not sure if you can run a car, off a crap-sack...

Doesn't really matter where you get the electricity, you spend more energy separating water molecules, and compressing the gas, than you can hope to recover by burning it. Hydrogen fuels cells, are a neat, proof-of-concept, but are expensive, and really aren't as good, as they are being marketed. More of something that works, as long as the government funding holds out, type of thing.

It seems that Toyota who led the way with hybrids is betting on FCV or fuel cells powered by hydrogen. And with natural gas pipeline owners, they're finding out if they can pump both natural gas and hydrogen at the same time and then filter out as needed.
At the same time, Elon Musk and Tesla are strictly battery only. With hydrogen, a tank is needed that is expensive. But when considering life of the equipment and the range that vehicles can operate, it seems that hydrogen might be able to out compete battery powered cars.
You should really consider getting high speed internet. It's worth it IMHO.

p.s., with hydrogen, 2 electrons need to be added to water to separate the hydrogen elements from the oxygen element. Since both require electricity, is it cheaper to charge a battery or cheaper to produce hydrogen and fuel a vehicle?
This might be like Beta or VHS. I think with Tesla though, if someone develops a low cost hydrogen fuel cell and related technology then his cars will switch over.
Edited on 01-02-2021 04:57
01-02-2021 04:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
IBD,
You say, "the stupid crap i post", "you have only been correct once", "you are a moron". All of this is abusive.
It is your response rather than engaging in quantum tunneling conversation.

It's not hard to learn, google it.
Edited on 01-02-2021 04:51
01-02-2021 04:56
(14373)
keepit wrote: IBD, You say, "the stupid crap i post", "you have only been correct once", "you are a moron". All of this is abusive.

Nope. It is all dispassionate observation and rational analysis, i.e. a totally neutral assessment in fact.

If it were a branch of mathematics that would be the calculated result.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-02-2021 05:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:

People say they detect neutrinos, but it looks like all they are detecting is electric charges.

It might actually be correct if they say they infer neutrinos the same way they infer dark matter.

I watched the movie The Imitation Game based on Alan Turing's life. Movies take creative license with actual events so am not sure how accurate the movie was. After all, it's not a documentary.
But what he did was to build a machine that could decipher the Enigma Code. And a major breakthrough was from an intercept operator who said she knew who one German was that sent messages. "His" started off with "Cilly".
And this made Turing realize that three words were common in the first message at 06:00 hours sent by the Germans. Those words were weather and heil hitler.
His machine could be programmed based on those words. This allowed all other words to fit the cryptogram.
This reduced the amount of work his machine did. They say he invented the computer age. And 3 words allowed his machine to work. Without them, just too many calculations that would need to be performed.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/how-alan-turing-invented-the-computer-age/

p.s., the Nazis sent a weather report at the start of their day and ended with saluting the chief nazi.
Edited on 01-02-2021 05:11
01-02-2021 05:52
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Don't think of particles IBD. Think of fields. There is no empty space. Fields are everywhere.
01-02-2021 06:12
(14373)
keepit wrote:Don't think of particles IBD. Think of fields. There is no empty space. Fields are everywhere.

Sure. It should really be easy for you to conceptualize one wave passing through another. There's no mystery there.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-02-2021 07:47
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Waves occur when a field is disturbed. It isn't a mystery. It's just how it is, at least according to current thinking.
01-02-2021 07:49
(14373)
keepit wrote:Waves occur when a field is disturbed. It isn't a mystery. It's just how it is, at least according to current thinking.

Nope.

01-02-2021 14:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Hydrogen has always had interesting potential, since it one of the most plentiful, and the simplest element. Unfortunately, most of it is already attached to other elements, a getting it separated, to use for something else, isn't free. Fossil fuels come out of the ground, ready to use. Some refinement is done, to reduce them down to other products, remove a few things, less desirable. make them burn consistently, and ship just the part needed, for the intended purpose.

Back in the 90s, hydrogen cars were a rage. There were a lot of scams, for separating water, off current from the existing alternator. You only need a quick jolt, to start your car, the battery recharges pretty quick, but that alternator keeps spinning, producing electricity. Seems likely, you could just use that 'free' electricity, to separate water, then inject the Brown gas into the carburetor, and burn it. You could easily reduce fuel consumption, and it should have been possible to run the entire car, off of water. I was on an electronics forum through that trend, and it was why I moved on. A new thread, at least weekly, seeking help, because they could seem to get any results, from the kit they bought on the internet. They either still hadn't figure out, consistently, which end of the soldering iron to pick up, or which parts are which, even with pictures. Mostly, they weren't saving much, or anything at the pump. They wanted to get better production of the Brown gas, with no understanding of electronics, or interest in learning. Most seem to be lacking a proper education, in general, and only wanted to argue about what was possible.

Most likely the oil companies, are just scamming for federal funding, and trying to calm and reassure investors. There is a believable enough potential, it sold well before...

If hydrogen is produced using wind turbines or solar panels, then it could be used as fuel for cars. Cost will dictate the market in the end. With that said, the cost of EV batteries vs a hydrogen fuel cell could make a difference one way or the other. I checked and if current usage remains constant, the US has a 90 year supply of natural gas.

Isn't Natural Gas, methane?

Yes. This gas also occurs in swamps, oil wells, some water wells, landfills, compost piles, and sewer systems.
HarveyH55 wrote:
And isn't methane the gas you emit, when you eat a Taco Bell?

Yes. Indeed when you eat anything that requires expelling air from the lower digestive tract. Anything with beans is real good for this, but beer also works reasonably well.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm not sure if you can run a car, off a crap-sack...

It takes collecting a lot of crap. Fortunately, methane is available through other means.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Doesn't really matter where you get the electricity, you spend more energy separating water molecules, and compressing the gas, than you can hope to recover by burning it. Hydrogen fuels cells, are a neat, proof-of-concept, but are expensive, and really aren't as good, as they are being marketed. More of something that works, as long as the government funding holds out, type of thing.

This is quite true. Hydrogen systems have a low BTU output compared to other fuels and is expensive to produce compared to other fuels. It can only really exist with government subsidies. It cannot be profitable on its own, like oil and natural gas.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-02-2021 14:45
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
Neutrinos aren't involved as far as i know.

Neutrinos are a lepton. Part of quantum mechanics.
keepit wrote:
It isn't about atoms being mostly empty space and particles being very small.

Yes it is.
keepit wrote:
It's about energy and the ability of particle to make it through energy that pushes back on particles.

You cannot reduce entropy in any system, nor create energy out of nothing.
keepit wrote:
Protons being positively charged is a good example of resistance to coming together (positive charges repel each other).

I guess you are not aware of the strong nuclear force. This fundamental force overcomes the natural repulsion from the electromagnetic force, but only has a range within the nuclei of the atom itself.
keepit wrote:
What you might try to understand is that even though you don't understand this or that, there are professional scientists that do.

Science isn't scientists. Science is a profession. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.
keepit wrote:
Quantum tunneling is a good example.

Of what?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-02-2021 14:46
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Swan and IBD,

Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

01-02-2021 14:47
(21559)
keepit wrote:
IBD,
I've noticed that whenever you're stuck for an answer you get abusive.

I have never seen him stuck for an answer. I have seen him get abusive when twits like you keep making stupid statements.

The Parrot Killer

01-02-2021 14:50
(21559)
keepit wrote:
IBD,
You say, "the stupid crap i post", "you have only been correct once", "you are a moron". All of this is abusive.
It is your response rather than engaging in quantum tunneling conversation.

It's not hard to learn, google it.

Quantum tunneling is not a conversation.

The Parrot Killer

01-02-2021 15:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
Waves occur when a field is disturbed. It isn't a mystery. It's just how it is, at least according to current thinking.

Next thing we know you'll be saying a boat leaves a wake.

Attached image:

01-02-2021 16:28
(21559)
keepit wrote:

No. Waves can occur without a field at all. Wave functions are mathematical in scope. See Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle and Schrodinger's equation. A neutrino, for example, has a wave function, but no field, same for a photon.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 01-02-2021 16:30
01-02-2021 18:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ITN,
You mentioned the strong nuclear force. The force between quarks gets stronger the farther away from each other they are. But why? Quarks, when combined in a proton or neutron, become less energetic (as when protons combine to become helium and energy is released). When a quark is pulled away from a proton or neutron it becomes more energetic (more freedom) and thus has more gravity. Actually much more gravity, and thus is more attracted to the proton or neutron.
The key to understanding this is that a vast majority of a proton's mass is not in the mass of the quarks but in the energy of the quarks. This massive gravity between quarks as they pull away is what makes the strong force so strong.
It's just a hypothesis, go ahead prove it wrong! Really.

BTW,
If a neutrino can be detected, that means it has a field. There are no particles, only fields.
A photon is the result of the disturbance of an electromagnetic wave.
Edited on 01-02-2021 18:48
01-02-2021 20:55
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
keepit wrote:
Swan and IBD,

Nah ask the buerea
01-02-2021 22:30
(14373)
keepit wrote:If a neutrino can be detected, that means it has a field. There are no particles, only fields.

What creates the fields?

keepit wrote:A photon is the result of the disturbance of an electromagnetic wave.

... and the electromagnetic wave is comprised of what?

01-02-2021 22:38
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
As i understand it the Higgs field interacts with particles to give them mass which creates a field.
What is an em field you ask. As i understand it, an em field is energy. Your next question might be, "how can there be energy without mass (massless photon).
I guess you could say it is the energy of the disturbed electron field.
If that sounds a little unclear it's because i don't have all the answers.
01-02-2021 22:55
(14373)
keepit wrote:As i understand it the Higgs field interacts with particles to give them mass which creates a field.

... and at the same time, as you understand it, there are no particles.

You would benefit from reading up on particle/wave duality. All energy is both a particle and a wave at the same time.

keepit wrote: What is an em field you ask.

That is not what I asked. Can you no longer copy-paste?

keepit wrote: Your next question might be, "how can there be energy without mass (massless photon).

All energy has mass. Einstein's mass-energy equivalence tells us how we can calculate the amount of mass for a given quantity of energy.

For your convenience, the equation is MASS = ENERGY / LightSpeed^2

Energy is just not necessarily matter.

keepit wrote:I guess you could say it is the energy of the disturbed electron field.

No, you cannot say that.

01-02-2021 23:02
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
So what is the mass of the energy in an em wave? I've always wondered about that.
Try not to make arguments about things that aren't being argued about.
I think that sometimes the words field and particle can be used interchangably.
Field works better for me though.

I see you've E=MC2 down pat.

An electron has 500,000 electron volts. I don't know how to convert that to the field.
Edited on 01-02-2021 23:36
01-02-2021 23:33
(14373)
keepit wrote:So what is the mass of the energy in an em wave?

How much energy is in the EM field?

01-02-2021 23:34
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
So what is the mass of the energy in an em wave? I've always wondered about that.

keepit,
I can explain everything you say. We are closer to being on the same side than they are. They don't support innovation as a solution to a sustainable quality of life. With me, sustainability is an issue.
01-02-2021 23:38
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
James,
Agreed. They just have this oppositional bent no matter what the issue is when i bring something up.
01-02-2021 23:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
James,
Agreed. They just have this oppositional bent no matter what the issue is when i bring something up.

The issue is you, not "them"...

Try to remember that one time that you said something on this forum that was actually correct for a change. If you would do that more often, your posts would face less "oppositional bent"...
02-02-2021 00:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
How would you know gfm, if i'm right or wrong?
02-02-2021 00:34
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
How would you know gfm, if i'm right or wrong?

Because my mind is not enslaved to the Ministry of Societal Manipulation.
02-02-2021 01:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Don't kid yourself.
02-02-2021 01:10
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
James,

That is what they perceive as your "weakness", that you're willing to consider science. This creates a paradox.
There is no belief in a pursuit of "they are right". There simply is no "right". At the current moment, there is what's "happening".
And that we are ignoring.
02-02-2021 03:16
(21559)
keepit wrote:

An electron has 500,000 electron volts. I don't know how to convert that to the field.

A wave function is not a field. A particle is not a field either.
Electrons have no voltage.

The Parrot Killer

02-02-2021 03:17
(21559)
keepit wrote:
James,

What you keep bringing up is denial of science, denial of mathematics, denial of logic, denial of engineering, denial of your own argument, denial of history, etc.

The Parrot Killer

02-02-2021 03:18
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Don't kid yourself.

He isn't. YOU are.

The Parrot Killer

02-02-2021 03:24
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
Don't kid yourself.

He isn't. YOU are.

You invalidate your own argument. At what point are you claiming that "He" and "you" are not the same entities. Just too many wild horses running free to say that the one is the other.
This type of math can never be validated because you either are or you are not.
Edited on 02-02-2021 03:24
02-02-2021 19:10
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ITN,
Lots of mistakes in your last few posts.
Page 2 of 5<1234>>>

Join the debate Going "Green":

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Green Hydrogen6115-09-2023 22:36
This is How the European Commission Classifies Nuclear Energy and Gas to Be 'Green'205-02-2022 04:07
Green Hydrogen Survey for scientific research602-12-2020 18:37
Climate change in green land4204-04-2020 00:41
Forget New Green Deal, Let's make BIS(Basic Infrastructure And Service) Free.1215-01-2020 20:30
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact