James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
Gas and IBD,
You misinterpreted my post.
My experiment was to see if you could stop covid in a town of 5000 if they went into extreme lockdown. Your experiment was to see if anyone would get sick by walking through a covid ward. Hopefully you can see the difference between the 2 experiments. We already know covid is contagious but we don't know if complete lockdown is effective.
My experiment would cost the govt about $10,000,000 but according to AARP 98% of the $10 mill would come back to the govt in taxes.
It would come out to about 1/15 of a penny per american. I guess it would be ok if someone didn't want to pay.

I think Italy has shown how Covid 19 is passed rather easily. Italians actually like each other and as an example during a sports game will celebrate with other fans. When meeting family, they hug.
So for as contagious as Covid 19 might be, wearing a mask and washing hands might be all it takes to keep from spreading it. But Americans don't care if they spread it because Americans are inherently anti-social. Might be why major cities were hit harder than other areas, people had to be in close contact with others because of the density of the population requiring it.

Think they letting the IPCC handle the data, and the modelling. Same thing to them...

We Americans are very social. You see all those people gathering in the streets? Sometimes the pull all nighters, even light a few campfires (some get a little out of control). Not everybody is a mask wearing, democrat, basement dweller.

Guess what, wearing a mask, and hiding in your basement, doesn't make you immune. You would have to hide, the rest of you miserable life. Wouldn't count on the 'miracle' vaccines to save you anytime soon, couple of years, maybe, with a little divine assistance. Basically, everyone will always be at the same risk of infection, until the holy vaccine is deployed, or people get their immunity naturally, as God intended. Winter/Fall, cold/flu season, all those places bragging now, will be screwed later.

Wearing a mask and washing our hands means we can get back to a somewhat normal life. If the cholesterol medicine is found to make Covid 19 the same as the common cold (https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12176602/cholesterol-drug-reduce-coronavirus-symptoms-common-cold/), since America is a capitalist country, how much can they charge for their medicine? It's about supply and demand and nothing about nothing but money.
Could you imagine taking a medicine once or twice a week to prevent Covid 19? How much is that worth to reopen our economy?
And as you just showed, Americans really don't give a fück about anyone but themselves.
28-07-2020 16:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
James___ wrote: Could you imagine taking a medicine once or twice a week to prevent Covid 19?

Nope, I wouldn't do it. Just give me the real thing one time. Give me the COVID-19, and the COVID-20, and the COVID-21 ... actually I'm up for any COVID-[insert any two-digit combination]. Bring it on, baby, bring it on.

In fact, my kids have threatened to get tattoos and to start smoking if I don't bring home some COVID because they WANT IT, so I'm doing what I can but it appears to be a huge hoax. Nobody seems to have it. Nobody. EVERYBODY has a facemask but NOBODY has the virus.

James___ wrote: How much is that worth to reopen our economy?

How about asking how much it would be worth to just reopen our economy the way it was? Would it be worth it to expose the hoax?

James___ wrote: And as you just showed, Americans really don't give a fück about anyone but themselves.

Sure they most absolutely care about others; the difference lies in the political leaning.

Conservative Americans care about other Americans first. Leftists say "fück Americans" and LUV everyone else.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-07-2020 17:39
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
Conservative Americans care about other Americans first. Leftists say "fück Americans" and LUV everyone else.
bingo! Print it, frame it and hang it! If I lived in town I'd stick one in the front yard

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
28-07-2020 17:52
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
I still haven't been able to get the controlyavirus either... and I've been doing everything wrong (not wearing masks in public [and purposely going out of my way to shop in counties and stores which don't have any mask requirements], not social distancing, still regularly visiting friends/family, not obsessively sanitizing or washing my hands, etc...)

My grandma (over 80 years old, has diabetes and had bypass surgery a few years ago) is not the least bit concerned about the controlyavirus. She still goes out and shops like normal. She does not wear a mask anywhere. She has not changed her lifestyle one bit and still regularly has people over at her house and everything.
29-07-2020 01:19
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
gfm7175 wrote:
I still haven't been able to get the controlyavirus either... and I've been doing everything wrong (not wearing masks in public [and purposely going out of my way to shop in counties and stores which don't have any mask requirements], not social distancing, still regularly visiting friends/family, not obsessively sanitizing or washing my hands, etc...)

My grandma (over 80 years old, has diabetes and had bypass surgery a few years ago) is not the least bit concerned about the controlyavirus. She still goes out and shops like normal. She does not wear a mask anywhere. She has not changed her lifestyle one bit and still regularly has people over at her house and everything.

Think that's the main point being ignored. They are begging us to wear masks, and do all this other crap to protect grandma. But, grandma has be successfully taking care of herself for many decades, and survived just fine, with our selfish acts. Life is short enough, and can suddenly come to an end at anytime. Most people are lucky to even come close to grandma's age. We all know it all ends eventually, pretty damn stupid to waste what little time we have, hiding in the fcking basement, wearing a silly, useless mask. We have to refuse to cooperate, other wise we will be forced into giving up our precious time on earth, every time someone sneezes.

This Covid thing should only last 2-3 years, might be able to squeeze for a couple more, but doubt it. ^ months, and some people are out rope shopping. Think the vaccine will be the end of it, one way or another. The vaccine will turn out disappointing for most people. Doubtful anyone is going to want to do this carp another year, while they give it another go. Generosity, and patience are already in short supply. We were assured, if we were good little sheep, for the first 30 days of lockdown, we'd beat this thing. Turned out, NYC had to hide dead bodies in U-Haul trucks for weeks. Don't see renting any of their trucks, now, just plain gross.
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Experiment:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
My Experiment - A Refresher4218-10-2023 22:43
Quantum Light Experiment Proves Photosynthesis Starts with a Single Photon1522-06-2023 23:00
As I said, Quantum Experiment Shows How Einstein Was Wrong416-05-2023 21:31
Cool Experiment Idea1617-01-2021 23:25
So I did a little experiment.......1711-07-2020 22:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact