Remember me
▼ Content

As I said, Quantum Experiment Shows How Einstein Was Wrong

As I said, Quantum Experiment Shows How Einstein Was Wrong16-05-2023 15:01
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
https://www.sciencealert.com/quantum-experiment-shows-how-einstein-was-wrong-about-one-thing

Albert Einstein wasn't entirely convinced about quantum mechanics, suggesting our understanding of it was incomplete. In particular, Einstein took issue with entanglement, the notion that a particle could be affected by another particle that wasn't close by.

Experiments since have shown that quantum entanglement is indeed possible and that two entangled particles can be connected over a distance. Now a new experiment further confirms it, and in a way we haven't seen before.

In the new experiment, scientists used a 30-meter-long tube cooled to close to absolute zero to run a Bell test: a random measurement on two entangled qubit (quantum bit) particles at the same time.

The test proposes a mathematical inequality which, if broken, shows that the theory of quantum mechanics holds together.

Not only does this experiment run the Bell test at longer distances than previously attempted, but it also runs it using superconducting circuits, which are expected to play a significant role in the development of quantum computers.

Because of the way the experiment is structured, with hundreds of micrometer-sized electronic circuits, a modified version could be used in several ways.

"With our approach, we can prove much more efficiently than is possible in other experimental setups that Bell's inequality is violated," says quantum physicist Simon Storz from ETH Zurich in Switzerland.

"That makes it particularly interesting for practical applications."

Those practical applications could include, for example, secure encrypted communications.

Bell test
Here the Bell test experiment involves entangled qubits. (Storz et al., Nature, 2023)
Despite the challenges of constructing and fine-tuning the machine, the researchers are confident that it could be adapted to work on larger scales, too, pushing the boundaries of what we know about quantum mechanics.

"There are 1.3 [tons] of copper and 14,000 screws in our machine, as well as a great deal of physics knowledge and engineering know-​how," says quantum physicist Andreas Wallraff, also from ETH Zurich.

To remove all potential loopholes from a Bell test, measurements be taken in less time than it takes for light to travel from one end to another – which proves no information has been exchanged between them.

With this setup, it took light 110 nanoseconds to travel down the tube, and the measurements were taken in just a few nanoseconds less. Researchers used microwave photons to create the entanglement, and more than a million measurements were evaluated to show the violation of Bell's inequality.

It's the longest separation between two entangled superconducting qubits yet and shows the promise of qubit technology. The same tech demonstrated here could eventually find its way into full-scale quantum computers.

"Our work demonstrates that non-locality is a viable new resource in quantum information technology realized with superconducting circuits with potential applications in quantum communication, quantum computing, and fundamental physics," write the researchers in their published paper.

The research has been published in Nature.

Thank you, thank you very much

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
16-05-2023 18:11
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
Swan wrote:[gullibility omitted]

Gullibility is certainly allowed.

Do you live in a tomato garden because you and your money are quickly parted?
16-05-2023 20:22
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:

Does your trailer have room for a tomato garden?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

16-05-2023 21:19
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Several of my smaller trailers have botanical gardens with petting zoos.

16-05-2023 21:31
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Several of my smaller trailers have botanical gardens with petting zoos.

What do you charge to pet the rats?

ULTRA MAGA

Join the debate As I said, Quantum Experiment Shows How Einstein Was Wrong:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Every time I say that this board is dead, someone says something to prove me wrong, but901-01-2024 05:08
It is not if, but when will North become South and the Geese will fly the wrong way7824-11-2023 03:35
Worsening warming is hurting people in all regions, US climate assessment shows2923-11-2023 02:17
My Experiment - A Refresher4218-10-2023 22:43
Quantum entanglement visualized for the first time ever1407-10-2023 19:05
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact