Remember me
▼ Content

Experiment

Page 1 of 212>
Experiment24-07-2020 22:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Pick a town and completely shut it down for a month and see what happens. The preventive measures that have been taken so far aren't working.
A shutdown ring was tried in africa for ebola and it worked. Of course ebola mutates more rapidly than corona. Nevertheless an experiment like this might teach us something about how to deal with covid. What is being done right now is simply NOT working. t's like a dog chasing its tail. So sorry to dog lovers but dogs aren't very smart.
24-07-2020 22:42
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote: Pick a town and completely shut it down for a month and see what happens.

We already know that it would destroy that town's economy.

This is why the DNC wants to shut down the US.

keepit wrote: The [COVID] measures that have been taken so far aren't working.

FALSE, they are working exactly as intended, i.e. they are damaging the economy. Only those in the government and in government-blessed positions get to keep their paychecks ... without having to even go into the office. All the rest are being forced into poverty and into complete dependence upon the government.

Yes, it's all working like a charm.

keepit wrote: A shutdown ring was tried in africa for ebola and it worked.

Yes, they were addressing a medical/health issue. They weren't trying to destroy global capitalism through a hoax.

Attached image:

25-07-2020 01:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
keepit wrote:
Pick a town and completely shut it down for a month and see what happens. The preventive measures that have been taken so far aren't working.

Locking up people that are not infected is illegal.
keepit wrote:
A shutdown ring was tried in africa for ebola and it worked.

Africa is a proper noun. It is capitalized. You can't shut down poverty.
keepit wrote:
Of course ebola mutates more rapidly than corona.

Neither is mutating.
keepit wrote:
Nevertheless an experiment like this might teach us something about how to deal with covid.

I assume you mean Covid19. We already know how to deal with Covid19. Deal with it the same as any flu. Wash your hands, stay home when sick. Don't panic.
keepit wrote:
What is being done right now is simply NOT working.

Going by the CDC and various health department numbers, despite mask requirements, despite social distancing requirements, despite shutting down the economy, infections are still 'increasing' in number. Therefore, you are correct, using the CDC numbers.
keepit wrote:
It's like a dog chasing its tail. So sorry to dog lovers but dogs aren't very smart.

You obviously hate dogs. They can be very intelligent. Some can be very stupid. I happen to have a very stupid one.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 25-07-2020 01:28
25-07-2020 01:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I guess you have to be a little imaginative about this experiment. The federal govt would have to fund the experiment (something they do all the time) and the gov would have to find a town that would agree to participate in exchange for the funding.
It shouldn't be that hard. Why fight about it?
25-07-2020 01:37
(21588)
keepit wrote:
I guess you have to be a little imaginative about this experiment.

What experiment?
keepit wrote:
The federal govt would have to fund the experiment

What experiment?
keepit wrote:
(something they do all the time) and the gov would have to find a town that would agree to participate in exchange for the funding.

The government has no authority in this area.
keepit wrote:
It shouldn't be that hard. Why fight about it?

The government has no authority in this area.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-07-2020 02:25
(14389)
keepit wrote: The federal govt would have to fund the experiment

So, you mean that I would have to pay for it. No thanks. I don't want to pay to destroy anyone's economy.

Go get them to run this experiment in Europe. The EU will bend over backwards to do this kind of test. We can just sit back and watch how it works out for them.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-07-2020 02:42
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
IBD,
Oops. A little too much happy hour.

It would only cost pennies per person.
Edited on 25-07-2020 02:49
25-07-2020 02:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
A shutdown ring was tried in africa for ebola and it worked. Of course ebola mutates more rapidly than corona. Nevertheless an experiment like this might teach us something about how to deal with covid. What is being done right now is simply NOT working. t's like a dog chasing its tail. So sorry to dog lovers but dogs aren't very smart.

Prevention might work better ie., take the drug as preventive medicine like aspirin is taken to prevent heart attacks, but then the cost of drugs might become an issue.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/news/study-fenofibrate-covid-19/
Edited on 25-07-2020 02:57
25-07-2020 02:58
(14389)
keepit wrote: IBD, Oops. A little too much happy hour.

I don't care. That's still too much.

Get back to me when the cost is down to $0.00 per person, or when you agree to fund the whole thing.

Until then, get the EU to run it.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-07-2020 02:59
(21588)
keepit wrote:
IBD,
Oops. A little too much happy hour.

Destroying economies does not cost pennies per person.

The Parrot Killer

25-07-2020 03:35
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I like dogs. I've had 4 dogs...and 2 cats.
25-07-2020 05:39
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:

I don't believe you.

Having dogs doesn't mean that you like dogs.
25-07-2020 19:43
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

I don't believe you.

I'm getting ready to enjoy a dog right now. It's actually a brat but not a kid. Although I am sure that some people like kids and they taste good as well

I'll translate. a dog is a hot dog and a brat is short for bratwurst while a brat can be a kid as a kid is a young goat and if you make sausage from a young goat then you're eating a kid that's a brat. Basically you'd be eating a "bratty kid".
And I've heard that Vietnamese actually like cats too. In a poor country, food is food. Just as horse meat used to be popular until the Roman Catholic church said eating horses was bad. You didn't have to feed a horse because it cold graze wherever there was grass.

Just have to wonder, when someone says they had 4 dogs and 2 cats, was that fur dinner?
25-07-2020 20:20
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

I don't believe you.

Just have to wonder, when someone says they had 4 dogs and 2 cats, was that fur dinner?

Keepit does like to spend less, and animal shelters are basically giving away pets, desperately... Some even home deliver, and curbside pick-up service. Wonder if 4 dogs and 2 cats is the maximum daily order. Or if they even notice, that he shows up every week, with a new order...
25-07-2020 21:12
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
No semantics, thank you. It gives me gas.
25-07-2020 21:14
(21588)
keepit wrote:

I don't believe you.

The Parrot Killer

25-07-2020 21:15
(21588)
keepit wrote:
No semantics, thank you. It gives me gas.

You must have plenty of discomfort from your gas attacks then. You keep making semantic fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

25-07-2020 21:40
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
It's just a figure of speech.
26-07-2020 01:37
(3314)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

I don't believe you.

I'm getting ready to enjoy a dog right now. It's actually a brat but not a kid. Although I am sure that some people like kids and they taste good as well

I'll translate. a dog is a hot dog and a brat is short for bratwurst while a brat can be a kid as a kid is a young goat and if you make sausage from a young goat then you're eating a kid that's a brat. Basically you'd be eating a "bratty kid".
And I've heard that Vietnamese actually like cats too. In a poor country, food is food. Just as horse meat used to be popular until the Roman Catholic church said eating horses was bad. You didn't have to feed a horse because it cold graze wherever there was grass.

I wonder what's in a wonder ball...
26-07-2020 01:41
(3314)
keepit wrote:
ITN,

Should we update the "keepit sequence A" (keepitA)??

Proposed update:

keepitA1: keepit says something stupid.
keepitA2: someone tells keepit why what he said was stupid.
keepitA3a: keepit whines about semantics.
keepitA3b: keepit whines about figures of speech.

Sound good?
26-07-2020 02:28
(14389)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
ITN,

Proposed update:

Sound good?

It would appear so.

26-07-2020 05:54
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:

If you want an experiment, let's do it this way.
Get 100 volunteers. I'll gladly go first. Have all the volunteers wearing only shorts and t shirts. (No facemasks, Underwear is optional) To begin the experiment they all join hands and take a walk through the covid ward of any major hospital.

Here is the fun part.

The walk is filmed by both FOX and CNN, and the health of the 100 volunteers is also monitored by both networks for the next 14 days.

If anyone could set this up, I'm in.

Now Keepit, isn't this a better way to get answers rather than destroying an economy?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
26-07-2020 06:06
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

If you want an experiment, let's do it this way.
Get 100 volunteers. I'll gladly go first. Have all the volunteers wearing only shorts and t shirts. (No facemasks, Underwear is optional) To begin the experiment they all join hands and take a walk through the covid ward of any major hospital.

Here is the fun part.

The walk is filmed by both FOX and CNN, and the health of the 100 volunteers is also monitored by both networks for the next 14 days.

If anyone could set this up, I'm in.

Now Keepit, isn't this a better way to get answers rather than destroying an economy?

Yes! I'm in! GasGuzzler, you totally rock. You account is being credited.
Attached image:

26-07-2020 06:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Gas and IBD,
You misinterpreted my post.
My experiment was to see if you could stop covid in a town of 5000 if they went into extreme lockdown. Your experiment was to see if anyone would get sick by walking through a covid ward. Hopefully you can see the difference between the 2 experiments. We already know covid is contagious but we don't know if complete lockdown is effective.
My experiment would cost the govt about $10,000,000 but according to AARP 98% of the $10 mill would come back to the govt in taxes.
It would come out to about 1/15 of a penny per american. I guess it would be ok if someone didn't want to pay.
Edited on 26-07-2020 06:59
26-07-2020 07:18
(14389)
keepit wrote: Gas and IBD, You misinterpreted my post.

keepit, the fault is yours; don't blame others. You insist on misusing phrases, resulting in you not saying what you mean and you not meaning what you say.

Into the Night is very kind to you; he simply suggests that you try English because it works better. I, on the other hand, don't really feel like sugar-coating it. You aren't very good at expressing yourself. And you suck at economics.

keepit wrote: My experiment was to see if you could stop covid in a town of 5000 if they went into extreme lockdown.

... with no regard for the consequences. You can drop a nuke on a town of 5,000 and eradicate all the COVID. Do you think that is a reasonable course of action? You can stop the spread of COVID by locking them down and laying waste to their economy. It isn't a reasonable course of action, especially considering that there is no real threat of the COVID; the economic damage however is a very real guarantee.

keepit wrote: Your experiment was to see if anyone would get sick by walking through a covid ward.

More directly, I am willing to see if I get sick walking through a COVID ward. I volunteer to be the only one; I really don't see the need for others to join me.

The brilliance that GasGuzzler added to the scenario was that the MSM had to cover it and reveal the lack of danger that COVID poses to the public when I don't get sick, or when I'm fine just a few days later, like nothing ever happened, but now I'm immune to it.

keepit wrote: Hopefully you can see the difference between the 2 experiments.

Deja vu. We've had this conversation before. Your demonstration of an effective way to destroy an economy has no point, whereas GasGuzzler's demonstration would serve to reveal the COVID scam and to reveal just how gullible (or dishonest) people like you truly are.

keepit wrote: We already know covid is contagious but we don't know if complete lockdown is effective.

Yes, we do, in fact, know that complete lockdown is very effective at damaging the economy.

keepit wrote: My experiment would cost the govt about $10,000,000

Your experiment would cost We the People $10,000,000 ... and I don't see you volunteering to pay for it so it's a no-go at the starting gate.

keepit wrote:but according to AARP 98% of the $10 mill would come back to the govt in taxes.

... and your gullibility is as profound as your lack of economics acumen.

26-07-2020 19:22
(5196)
I like the idea, and would also volunteer. Rather get immune naturally, than be a lab-rat for a rush job vaccine. Let the basement dwellers get the first batch or two, they've been praying for this miracle the longest. The hundred people is good, because they get to see just how severe the virus actually is. Also, tend to believe most won't get sick at all, because many of those patients are like infected with a variety of the available respiratory infects, which most people are immune to already. Figure on a 20% chance of catching anything. I'd be more concerned about a bacterial infection, from the filthy-ass hospital. Pretty much everyone, with any sort of open wound, gets put on antibiotics, when the go to the hospital.

Florida, is sort of doing that experiment right now, large scale though. We are letting it spread, and hoping enough people are immune before fall/winter, that the 'blue' state, basement-dwellers, who come down, out of the cold, won't start things up as badly, as earlier this year (fckng NYers). It's going to get bad in the fall, and the hotspot people will travel to the less infected (thanks, we appreciate the business, bastards). Stimulus money, is travel money. Hopefully we can put up some sort of travel bans, but people will still sneak over the border.
26-07-2020 22:44
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
More directly, I am willing to see if I get sick walking through a COVID ward. I volunteer to be the only one; I really don't see the need for others to join me.

The purpose of 100 volunteers was twofold.
1) If only you, IBdaMann, walked through the covid ward, they would just call you a fluke... In a good way. A superhuman, a perfect specimen.

2) With exactly 100, the percentages would be very easy to see, even for someone that has troubles with numbers. Someone like keepit could quickly see that if 1 person got sick, then 99 percent were unaffected.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
26-07-2020 22:51
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

1) If only you, IBdaMann, walked through the covid ward, they would just call you a fluke... In a good way. A superhuman, a perfect specimen.

2) With exactly 100, the percentages would be very easy to see, even for someone that has troubles with numbers. Someone like keepit could quickly see that if 1 person got sick, then 99 percent were unaffected.

I see the genius that is yours ... and I have pen in hand to sign up to be on the squad, ... however I don't think you'd have any trouble finding 100,000 volunteers if it would mean an end to the hoax.

27-07-2020 17:54
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Gas and IBD,
My experiment was to see if you could stop covid in a town of 5000 if they went into extreme lockdown. Your experiment was to see if anyone would get sick by walking through a covid ward. Hopefully you can see the difference between the 2 experiments. We already know covid is contagious but we don't know if complete lockdown is effective.
My experiment would cost the govt about $10,000,000 but according to AARP 98% of the $10 mill would come back to the govt in taxes.
It would come out to about 1/15 of a penny per american. I guess it would be ok if someone didn't want to pay.

I would HIGHLY suggest an economics refresher course...
27-07-2020 17:56
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You have A LOT of faith in keepit's ability to comprehend basic mathematics...
27-07-2020 18:12
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I may have overshot that a bit. Maybe we can talk the networks into using colorful pie charts for easy understanding.

27-07-2020 20:42
(21588)
keepit wrote:
ITN,

Semantic fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2020 20:47
(21588)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
ITN,

Proposed update:

Sound good?

Short and sweet. Seems pretty accurate.

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2020 20:51
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I may have overshot that a bit. Maybe we can talk the networks into using colorful pie charts for easy understanding.

That might work... I think he can identify colors...??
27-07-2020 21:04
(21588)
keepit wrote:
Gas and IBD,

Semantics fallacy.
keepit wrote:
My experiment was to see if you could stop covid in a town of 5000 if they went into extreme lockdown.

Why put 5000 innocent people in prison? How long are you sentencing them for?
keepit wrote:
Your experiment was to see if anyone would get sick by walking through a covid ward.

Why, yes. Yes it was.
keepit wrote:
Hopefully you can see the difference between the 2 experiments. We already know covid is contagious but we don't know if complete lockdown is effective.

It is not effective. Prisons have covid19 infections.
keepit wrote:
My experiment would cost the govt about $10,000,000

The government doesn't HAVE $10 million. It has to get it by printing it (inflation and pushing toward a cash crash), borrowing it (pushing toward a debt crash), or taxing people for it (pushing for a tax crash). Since you already advocated for a cash crash, no thanks.
keepit wrote:
but according to AARP 98% of the $10 mill would come back to the govt in taxes.

The AARP doesn't set taxes or determine who pays them. Random numbers. Argument from randU fallacy.
keepit wrote:
It would come out to about 1/15 of a penny per american.
Math error. About 6 cents. Each taxpayer owes about $213,000 in debt caused by the federal government as it is, and the federal government is currently dealing with a debt of $26 trillion. Why do you want to add more? BTW, 'American' is a proper noun. It is capitalized.

Your illiteracy is showing.
keepit wrote:
I guess it would be ok if someone didn't want to pay.

Taxes are not by choice, dumbass. You are forced to pay them...at gunpoint.

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2020 21:06
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

That might work... I think he can identify colors...??

Viagra consumption is always a wild card

27-07-2020 21:06
(21588)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I see the genius that is yours ... and I have pen in hand to sign up to be on the squad, ... however I don't think you'd have any trouble finding 100,000 volunteers if it would mean an end to the hoax.

Of course, you realize it wouldn't mean an end to the hoax.

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2020 21:08
(21588)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
Gas and IBD,

I would HIGHLY suggest an economics refresher course...

And a math course.
And a history course.
And a science course.
And a remedial English course.

The Parrot Killer

28-07-2020 00:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
Gas and IBD,

I think Italy has shown how Covid 19 is passed rather easily. Italians actually like each other and as an example during a sports game will celebrate with other fans. When meeting family, they hug.
So for as contagious as Covid 19 might be, wearing a mask and washing hands might be all it takes to keep from spreading it. But Americans don't care if they spread it because Americans are inherently anti-social. Might be why major cities were hit harder than other areas, people had to be in close contact with others because of the density of the population requiring it.
28-07-2020 03:00
(5196)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
Gas and IBD,

I think Italy has shown how Covid 19 is passed rather easily. Italians actually like each other and as an example during a sports game will celebrate with other fans. When meeting family, they hug.
So for as contagious as Covid 19 might be, wearing a mask and washing hands might be all it takes to keep from spreading it. But Americans don't care if they spread it because Americans are inherently anti-social. Might be why major cities were hit harder than other areas, people had to be in close contact with others because of the density of the population requiring it.

Think they letting the IPCC handle the data, and the modelling. Same thing to them...

We Americans are very social. You see all those people gathering in the streets? Sometimes the pull all nighters, even light a few campfires (some get a little out of control). Not everybody is a mask wearing, democrat, basement dweller.

Guess what, wearing a mask, and hiding in your basement, doesn't make you immune. You would have to hide, the rest of you miserable life. Wouldn't count on the 'miracle' vaccines to save you anytime soon, couple of years, maybe, with a little divine assistance. Basically, everyone will always be at the same risk of infection, until the holy vaccine is deployed, or people get their immunity naturally, as God intended. Winter/Fall, cold/flu season, all those places bragging now, will be screwed later.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Experiment:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
My Experiment - A Refresher4218-10-2023 22:43
Quantum Light Experiment Proves Photosynthesis Starts with a Single Photon1522-06-2023 23:00
As I said, Quantum Experiment Shows How Einstein Was Wrong416-05-2023 21:31
Cool Experiment Idea1617-01-2021 23:25
So I did a little experiment.......1711-07-2020 22:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact