Remember me
▼ Content

CO2 ocean uptake



Page 2 of 8<1234>>>
06-02-2021 22:44
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
Swan wrote:

There was no magic involved in the ice age and there are many things involved such as magnetic flipping which might slow, stop or reroute the deep ocean currents, radically altering temps. LOL the Earth is not drifting away from the sun, if it was it would already be gone as it has been in orbit for 5 billion years.

LOL if there was no ice age what moved the moraines?

Really take your pills



The Earth's orbit around the Sun is slowly moving it further away. I've posted data about that. A link to a solar calculator. http://www.instesre.org/Aerosols/sol_calc.htm This basically shows that in the next couple of thousand years that the warm inter-glacial period that we've been enjoying is slowly ending.
Ice ages end when the Earth's orbit becomes its most circular and begin with the most elliptical orbit. This has to do with the Earth's Moment of Inertia and how the Sun's gravitational field affects the Earth.
An example is the Sling Shot Maneuver to accelerate satellites when the pass a moon or a planet. Momentum is transferred from the greater mass to the smaller object. This gets into astrophysics and am not sure if you guys are interested in discussing something like that.

p.s., if trends continue, in a couple of hundred years they'll probably be saying the next "Little Ice Age" has begun.
06-02-2021 22:54
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(481)
LOL the Earth is not drifting away from the sun, if it was it would already be gone as it has been in orbit for 5 billion years.


Apparently you do not know that the moon is drifting away from the earth( just like the earth is drifting away from the sun).

The simulations also imply that at the time of its formation, the Moon sat much closer to the Earth - a mere 22,500km (14,000 miles) away, compared with the quarter of a million miles (402,336 km) between the Earth and the Moon today.


LOL if there was no ice age what moved the moraines?


I already explained how different parts of the world get their "ice age". Continents move you see, do not you agree, mo namie? There are places with "ice age" anno domini 2021. Somewhere in the future those places are going to drift away from "ice age " zone and could end up in the tropic zone. You see, everything is actually Simplementas Marias, not the magic mumbos jumbos magnetic fields and ocean currents as you would like to make it up to be.
06-02-2021 23:52
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
Xadoman wrote:
LOL the Earth is not drifting away from the sun, if it was it would already be gone as it has been in orbit for 5 billion years.


Apparently you do not know that the moon is drifting away from the earth( just like the earth is drifting away from the sun).

The simulations also imply that at the time of its formation, the Moon sat much closer to the Earth - a mere 22,500km (14,000 miles) away, compared with the quarter of a million miles (402,336 km) between the Earth and the Moon today.


LOL if there was no ice age what moved the moraines?


I already explained how different parts of the world get their "ice age". Continents move you see, do not you agree, mo namie? There are places with "ice age" anno domini 2021. Somewhere in the future those places are going to drift away from "ice age " zone and could end up in the tropic zone. You see, everything is actually Simplementas Marias, not the magic mumbos jumbos magnetic fields and ocean currents as you would like to make it up to be.


Dude you say some things that are true, but you can not connect any dots, you just take the partial realities that you know and create a complete fictitious world to exist in. Tell us, what created Mount Mitchell the highest point on the Eastern seaboard south of nova scotia?

Answer, the glacial maximum created Mount Mitchel, if you disagree please explain where it came from?




Edited on 06-02-2021 23:54
07-02-2021 03:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15562)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

There was no magic involved in the ice age and there are many things involved such as magnetic flipping which might slow, stop or reroute the deep ocean currents, radically altering temps. LOL the Earth is not drifting away from the sun, if it was it would already be gone as it has been in orbit for 5 billion years.

LOL if there was no ice age what moved the moraines?

Really take your pills



The Earth's orbit around the Sun is slowly moving it further away. I've posted data about that. A link to a solar calculator. http://www.instesre.org/Aerosols/sol_calc.htm This basically shows that in the next couple of thousand years that the warm inter-glacial period that we've been enjoying is slowly ending.
Ice ages end when the Earth's orbit becomes its most circular and begin with the most elliptical orbit. This has to do with the Earth's Moment of Inertia and how the Sun's gravitational field affects the Earth.
An example is the Sling Shot Maneuver to accelerate satellites when the pass a moon or a planet. Momentum is transferred from the greater mass to the smaller object. This gets into astrophysics and am not sure if you guys are interested in discussing something like that.

p.s., if trends continue, in a couple of hundred years they'll probably be saying the next "Little Ice Age" has begun.

Nope. Earth has no rocket engines.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
07-02-2021 03:30
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

There was no magic involved in the ice age and there are many things involved such as magnetic flipping which might slow, stop or reroute the deep ocean currents, radically altering temps. LOL the Earth is not drifting away from the sun, if it was it would already be gone as it has been in orbit for 5 billion years.

LOL if there was no ice age what moved the moraines?

Really take your pills



The Earth's orbit around the Sun is slowly moving it further away. I've posted data about that. A link to a solar calculator. http://www.instesre.org/Aerosols/sol_calc.htm This basically shows that in the next couple of thousand years that the warm inter-glacial period that we've been enjoying is slowly ending.
Ice ages end when the Earth's orbit becomes its most circular and begin with the most elliptical orbit. This has to do with the Earth's Moment of Inertia and how the Sun's gravitational field affects the Earth.
An example is the Sling Shot Maneuver to accelerate satellites when the pass a moon or a planet. Momentum is transferred from the greater mass to the smaller object. This gets into astrophysics and am not sure if you guys are interested in discussing something like that.

p.s., if trends continue, in a couple of hundred years they'll probably be saying the next "Little Ice Age" has begun.

Nope. Earth has no rocket engines.



And once again we're back to....

p.s., tomorrow I'll post a walk through problem showing the math. Basics like this, it'd help if everyone was familiar with it. And I know your pc's have a calculator.
Then next we might get into 9.81m/s/s as an increase in kinetic energy. And if no acceleration, then how does KE increase?
Attached image:


Edited on 07-02-2021 03:41
07-02-2021 03:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15562)
Xadoman wrote:
LOL the Earth is not drifting away from the sun, if it was it would already be gone as it has been in orbit for 5 billion years.


Apparently you do not know that the moon is drifting away from the earth( just like the earth is drifting away from the sun).

The simulations also imply that at the time of its formation, the Moon sat much closer to the Earth - a mere 22,500km (14,000 miles) away, compared with the quarter of a million miles (402,336 km) between the Earth and the Moon today.


LOL if there was no ice age what moved the moraines?


I already explained how different parts of the world get their "ice age". Continents move you see, do not you agree, mo namie? There are places with "ice age" anno domini 2021. Somewhere in the future those places are going to drift away from "ice age " zone and could end up in the tropic zone. You see, everything is actually Simplementas Marias, not the magic mumbos jumbos magnetic fields and ocean currents as you would like to make it up to be.


The Moon doesn't orbit the Earth. The Moon and the Earth orbit each other around a point called a barycenter.
The effect of this uneven center of gravity is to produce two tides on Earth each day.

Moving all this water around is energy. The other side of this is that the Moon is stealing energy from the Earth's rotation and offset center of gravity of the pair of bodies to increase it's orbit. As the Moon (which is much smaller than the Earth) gains altitude, Earth's spin becomes slower. Our day/night cycle actually gets very slightly longer.

As the Moon gains a higher orbit, it also slows down.

Eventually, a point will be reached where the Moon and Earth are synchronized. The Moon will no longer move across the sky. There will be no tides caused by the Moon. The day/night cycle will be considerably longer as well.

That would happen, but the star that is our Sun will run out of fuel long before then, bloat out, and engulf the Earth and the Moon completely. Have no fear, it won't happen for 5 billion years.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
07-02-2021 03:53
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
James,
I'd like to know more about celestial mechanics. Feel free to expound.
07-02-2021 04:31
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
keepit wrote:
James,
I'd like to know more about celestial mechanics. Feel free to expound.



This will take time. This is because parameters will need to be established. And as you know, in here, staying on topic doesn't happen. But we can try, right?
The walk thru problem tomorrow will be the start.

p.s., and Thanks. I do appreciate your interest.

Edited on 07-02-2021 04:52
07-02-2021 05:44
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
This involves history.
The acceleration g=F/m1 due to gravity on the Earth can be calculated by substituting the mass and radii of the Earth into the above equation and hence
g= 9.81 m s-2.
This has to do with the gravitational constant. In SI units, G has the value 6.67 × 10-11 Newtons kg-2 m2.
What we'll be considering in the morning. Just to have "Sum Fun".
07-02-2021 11:03
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(481)
Swan , do not you agree that :

1)The earth is moving away from the sun - favors overall cooling and the average temperature of earth to go down.
2) The magma chamber inside the earth is relaxing - favors overall cooling and the average temperature of earth to go down.

You see, everything favors the cooling not heating up. We are slowly but steadily moving away from the sun and the giant oven inside the earth is also slowly but steadily cooling down. I can not make things any more clearer for you to understand. Even my granny could understand it within 5 minutes.
Edited on 07-02-2021 11:07
07-02-2021 14:26
joseph369
☆☆☆☆☆
(8)
Think of the ocean as a giant bottle of ginger ale. It holds CO2 when it's cold and releases it when it's warm. So, when the ocean cools and warms in accordance with the earth's Milankovich cycles it exchanges CO2 with the atmosphere. But here's the thing. All of the oceanic CO2 is not released back into the atmosphere. Some of it is absorbed by sea creatures in the form of calcium carbonate (CaCO3) and this CaCO3 eventually drops to the ocean floor where it becomes limestone. This has been going on for billions of years so that now 99.99% of all the CO2 that was ever in the atmosphere is sequestered into carbonate rock. As this process continues there will come a time when there is not enough CO2 in the atmosphere to sustain life on earth. So it is really a good thing that we are burning fossil fuels to release CO2 to compensate for the loss through oceanic sedimentation. It will keep us going a little bit longer.
07-02-2021 16:28
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
joseph369 wrote: Think of the ocean as a giant bottle of ginger ale.

Nope. Think of the ocean as ginger ale that was left out to go flat ... last week.

If CO2 is what you seek, the ocean is not the place to look. The only CO2 therein is in small quantity at the surface and is busy being released back into the atmopshere via evaporation.

The temperature of the water is irrelevant.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-02-2021 16:44
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
LOL the Earth is not drifting away from the sun, if it was it would already be gone as it has been in orbit for 5 billion years.


Apparently you do not know that the moon is drifting away from the earth( just like the earth is drifting away from the sun).

The simulations also imply that at the time of its formation, the Moon sat much closer to the Earth - a mere 22,500km (14,000 miles) away, compared with the quarter of a million miles (402,336 km) between the Earth and the Moon today.


LOL if there was no ice age what moved the moraines?


I already explained how different parts of the world get their "ice age". Continents move you see, do not you agree, mo namie? There are places with "ice age" anno domini 2021. Somewhere in the future those places are going to drift away from "ice age " zone and could end up in the tropic zone. You see, everything is actually Simplementas Marias, not the magic mumbos jumbos magnetic fields and ocean currents as you would like to make it up to be.


The Moon doesn't orbit the Earth. The Moon and the Earth orbit each other around a point called a barycenter.
The effect of this uneven center of gravity is to produce two tides on Earth each day.

Moving all this water around is energy. The other side of this is that the Moon is stealing energy from the Earth's rotation and offset center of gravity of the pair of bodies to increase it's orbit. As the Moon (which is much smaller than the Earth) gains altitude, Earth's spin becomes slower. Our day/night cycle actually gets very slightly longer.

As the Moon gains a higher orbit, it also slows down.

Eventually, a point will be reached where the Moon and Earth are synchronized. The Moon will no longer move across the sky. There will be no tides caused by the Moon. The day/night cycle will be considerably longer as well.

That would happen, but the star that is our Sun will run out of fuel long before then, bloat out, and engulf the Earth and the Moon completely. Have no fear, it won't happen for 5 billion years.


The moon is locked into Earths gravitational field and orbits the Earth.

Why do you have to be so dysfunctional
07-02-2021 17:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
Swan wrote: The moon is locked into Earths gravitational field and orbits the Earth.

You apparently believe that the moon has no gravity. Why do you have to be so dysfunctional?

The moon has gravity and the earth is caught in it. What part of this are you failing to grasp?

James__ was kind enough to post Newton's formula for gravity and you should take another look at it. Notice that it requires TWO bodies. Newton's formula does not describe gravitational "fields" of individual bodies.

You were apparently confused by the fact that the moon moves more than the earth but that's because the earth has so much more mass than the moon. Similarly, the sun rotates around the solar system's barycenter and does not sit in one place. You should look up "barycenter" before fumbling through this topic. Oh, and look up "gravity" and "orbits" as well.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-02-2021 17:22
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3401)
But, how many millions of years, before any of these hypothetical doomsday events, even become a concern, much less, a crisis? Nature, has often been a little hostile, for many species. Ours, survives and flourishes, because we build, we create the tools, and environment better suited, mitigating the mean-things nature throws at us. We've always managed to find a way to survive, regardless of the natural, environmental events. We likely will continue to stay one step ahead, as time passes. Don't we have enough crap to deal with today? Why waste time and resources, on things that might happen, millions of years from now? We have no way of knowing, we are even going to be still around, to deal with any of it. We are more likely to destroy ourselves, and every living thing, long before then. It's likely going to be our playing around with genetics. We are getting pretty good at modifying organisms, adding or removing characteristics, that would never happen in nature. It's realistic to believe, that some will attempt to build some critter from scratch, just because they can. Of course, modifying humans, will become a thing too. Every parent's dream, is to produce the perfect child.
07-02-2021 18:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
HarveyH55 wrote:But, how many millions of years, before any of these hypothetical doomsday events, even become a concern, much less, a crisis?

Not millions of years. Climate Science has proven that the earth will succumb to human activity by the end of the century. When that happens, the solar system will be looking for a replacement planet because Earth will be gone. The moon will have to stand in until a suitable replacement for the earth is appointed.

When will it be a crisis? Well, it already is. We have allowed the threat to grow and to grow and now the best for which we can hope is to tax the poor for all they've got in order to give our grandchildren maybe a few extra days of life.

Fortunately we have Alé Cortez spearheading an ominous tax-borrow-spend plan that takes full advantage of the fact that money isn't going to have any value anyway when the planet is nothing but drifting space ash. We are going to extend the earth's life support by weeks, maybe even a couple of months, by mandating totally insufficient renewables ... and the sooner we can outlaw the plentiful fuel that we currently use, the better.


... so the answer to your question is that we have thirteen years, tops.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-02-2021 18:24
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3401)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:But, how many millions of years, before any of these hypothetical doomsday events, even become a concern, much less, a crisis?

Not millions of years. Climate Science has proven that the earth will succumb to human activity by the end of the century. When that happens, the solar system will be looking for a replacement planet because Earth will be gone. The moon will have to stand in until a suitable replacement for the earth is appointed.

When will it be a crisis? Well, it already is. We have allowed the threat to grow and to grow and now the best for which we can hope is to tax the poor for all they've got in order to give our grandchildren maybe a few extra days of life.

Fortunately we have Alé Cortez spearheading an ominous tax-borrow-spend plan that takes full advantage of the fact that money isn't going to have any value anyway when the planet is nothing but drifting space ash. We are going to extend the earth's life support by weeks, maybe even a couple of months, by mandating totally insufficient renewables ... and the sooner we can outlaw the plentiful fuel that we currently use, the better.


... so the answer to your question is that we have thirteen years, tops.


.


I don't think the global take over crap is going to float. Poor people, aren't weak, or stupid, as the elite like to imply. It just makes them appear smarter, than they actually ever hoped to be. There are limits, on just how hard you can squeeze taxes out of people, or how much you can push them around, kick them. Those desk-jockeys depend on compliance, of weak, stupid people. The are in for a big surprise. Most people will do just fine, without government intervention. The herd, might get thinned out quite a bit, but the stampede will settle out, eventually, and we'll all get back to living our lives. Like any doomsday cult, the fizzle kind of quick, when the big catastrophe never happens, unless you drink the free Kool-aid...
07-02-2021 19:11
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
Into the Night wrote:Nope. Earth has no rocket engines.

.
Attached image:

07-02-2021 19:34
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: The moon is locked into Earths gravitational field and orbits the Earth.

You apparently believe that the moon has no gravity. Why do you have to be so dysfunctional?

The moon has gravity and the earth is caught in it. What part of this are you failing to grasp?

James__ was kind enough to post Newton's formula for gravity and you should take another look at it. Notice that it requires TWO bodies. Newton's formula does not describe gravitational "fields" of individual bodies.

You were apparently confused by the fact that the moon moves more than the earth but that's because the earth has so much more mass than the moon. Similarly, the sun rotates around the solar system's barycenter and does not sit in one place. You should look up "barycenter" before fumbling through this topic. Oh, and look up "gravity" and "orbits" as well.

.


Look doofus, the moon orbits the earth and the earth orbits the sun and the sun is in orbit around the milky ways core

Your big words do not make you less ill
07-02-2021 20:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
Swan wrote: Look doofus, the moon orbits the earth and the earth orbits the sun and the sun is in orbit around the milky ways core. Your big words do not make you less ill

FACT CHECK: Swan falsely claims that gravity is not a force between two bodies/masses and he totally denies the moon's gravitational pull on the earth.

Determination: Swan is a scientifically illiterate doofus.

FACT CHECK: Swan thinks "barycenter" is a "big word" that has too many syllables for him to mentally process the word.

Determination: Swan is a scientifically illiterate doofus.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-02-2021 21:49
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Look doofus, the moon orbits the earth and the earth orbits the sun and the sun is in orbit around the milky ways core. Your big words do not make you less ill

FACT CHECK: Swan falsely claims that gravity is not a force between two bodies/masses and he totally denies the moon's gravitational pull on the earth.

Determination: Swan is a scientifically illiterate doofus.

FACT CHECK: Swan thinks "barycenter" is a "big word" that has too many syllables for him to mentally process the word.

Determination: Swan is a scientifically illiterate doofus.

.


Look doofus, the moon orbits the earth and the earth orbits the sun and the sun is in orbit around the milky ways galactic core. Your big words do not make you less ill

Getting frustrated are we
Edited on 07-02-2021 21:54
08-02-2021 00:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15562)
Swan wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
LOL the Earth is not drifting away from the sun, if it was it would already be gone as it has been in orbit for 5 billion years.


Apparently you do not know that the moon is drifting away from the earth( just like the earth is drifting away from the sun).

The simulations also imply that at the time of its formation, the Moon sat much closer to the Earth - a mere 22,500km (14,000 miles) away, compared with the quarter of a million miles (402,336 km) between the Earth and the Moon today.


LOL if there was no ice age what moved the moraines?


I already explained how different parts of the world get their "ice age". Continents move you see, do not you agree, mo namie? There are places with "ice age" anno domini 2021. Somewhere in the future those places are going to drift away from "ice age " zone and could end up in the tropic zone. You see, everything is actually Simplementas Marias, not the magic mumbos jumbos magnetic fields and ocean currents as you would like to make it up to be.


Dude you say some things that are true, but you can not connect any dots, you just take the partial realities that you know and create a complete fictitious world to exist in. Tell us, what created Mount Mitchell the highest point on the Eastern seaboard south of nova scotia?

Answer, the glacial maximum created Mount Mitchel, if you disagree please explain where it came from?




Glaciers do not create mountains.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
08-02-2021 00:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15562)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

There was no magic involved in the ice age and there are many things involved such as magnetic flipping which might slow, stop or reroute the deep ocean currents, radically altering temps. LOL the Earth is not drifting away from the sun, if it was it would already be gone as it has been in orbit for 5 billion years.

LOL if there was no ice age what moved the moraines?

Really take your pills



The Earth's orbit around the Sun is slowly moving it further away. I've posted data about that. A link to a solar calculator. http://www.instesre.org/Aerosols/sol_calc.htm This basically shows that in the next couple of thousand years that the warm inter-glacial period that we've been enjoying is slowly ending.
Ice ages end when the Earth's orbit becomes its most circular and begin with the most elliptical orbit. This has to do with the Earth's Moment of Inertia and how the Sun's gravitational field affects the Earth.
An example is the Sling Shot Maneuver to accelerate satellites when the pass a moon or a planet. Momentum is transferred from the greater mass to the smaller object. This gets into astrophysics and am not sure if you guys are interested in discussing something like that.

p.s., if trends continue, in a couple of hundred years they'll probably be saying the next "Little Ice Age" has begun.

Nope. Earth has no rocket engines.



And once again we're back to....

p.s., tomorrow I'll post a walk through problem showing the math. Basics like this, it'd help if everyone was familiar with it. And I know your pc's have a calculator.
Then next we might get into 9.81m/s/s as an increase in kinetic energy. And if no acceleration, then how does KE increase?

Don't bother. Unit failure. Force is not energy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
08-02-2021 00:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15562)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: The moon is locked into Earths gravitational field and orbits the Earth.

You apparently believe that the moon has no gravity. Why do you have to be so dysfunctional?

The moon has gravity and the earth is caught in it. What part of this are you failing to grasp?

James__ was kind enough to post Newton's formula for gravity and you should take another look at it. Notice that it requires TWO bodies. Newton's formula does not describe gravitational "fields" of individual bodies.

You were apparently confused by the fact that the moon moves more than the earth but that's because the earth has so much more mass than the moon. Similarly, the sun rotates around the solar system's barycenter and does not sit in one place. You should look up "barycenter" before fumbling through this topic. Oh, and look up "gravity" and "orbits" as well.

.


Look doofus, the moon orbits the earth and the earth orbits the sun and the sun is in orbit around the milky ways core

Your big words do not make you less ill

Nope. The Moon and the Earth orbit each other.
The Sun and the Earth orbit each other.
The Sun and the Milky Way galaxy orbit each other.

They all have mass. They all have a barycenter. See Newton's law of gravitation, Kepler's laws, and particularly Einstein's concept of relativity, and the two body orbit math, which is just Newton's law of motion again, applied to two different masses. Note that his involves algebra of vector equations and a bit of calculus.

For a starting reference, begin with F=mA.

Nothing has an absolute zero speed. 'Zero speed' and 'stationary' is literally what YOU want to choose at the time. Zero is nothing but a reference point, even on the number line (assuming the Real Math Domain).

The barycenter for the Earth-Moon orbits is about 1000 ft below your feet, inside the Earth, but not at its center. It's about 2902 miles from the center. Both the Earth and the Moon have mass.

The barycenter for the Sun-Earth orbits is about 280 miles from the center of the Sun. Both the Earth and the Sun have mass.

Note that Wikipedia (like usual) has a few things wrong with it's article about this, mostly due to it being incomplete and badly presented. It does have some animation at the bottom of the article to give you a visual clue about it.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 08-02-2021 00:34
08-02-2021 02:36
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
LOL the Earth is not drifting away from the sun, if it was it would already be gone as it has been in orbit for 5 billion years.


Apparently you do not know that the moon is drifting away from the earth( just like the earth is drifting away from the sun).

The simulations also imply that at the time of its formation, the Moon sat much closer to the Earth - a mere 22,500km (14,000 miles) away, compared with the quarter of a million miles (402,336 km) between the Earth and the Moon today.


LOL if there was no ice age what moved the moraines?


I already explained how different parts of the world get their "ice age". Continents move you see, do not you agree, mo namie? There are places with "ice age" anno domini 2021. Somewhere in the future those places are going to drift away from "ice age " zone and could end up in the tropic zone. You see, everything is actually Simplementas Marias, not the magic mumbos jumbos magnetic fields and ocean currents as you would like to make it up to be.


Dude you say some things that are true, but you can not connect any dots, you just take the partial realities that you know and create a complete fictitious world to exist in. Tell us, what created Mount Mitchell the highest point on the Eastern seaboard south of nova scotia?

Answer, the glacial maximum created Mount Mitchel, if you disagree please explain where it came from?




Glaciers do not create mountains.


The glacial maxim created mount mitchel in nj, so you are wrong again

130 vs 85
08-02-2021 03:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
Swan wrote:The glacial maxim created mount mitchel in nj, so you are wrong again

If you're so sure then post a link to the YouTube video showing this happening.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-02-2021 06:23
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:The glacial maxim created mount mitchel in nj, so you are wrong again

If you're so sure then post a link to the YouTube video showing this happening.

.


Are you claiming that mount mitchell is not there?

LOL you really need medical help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRCVfGs2pWs
08-02-2021 06:42
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
Swan wrote:Are you claiming that mount mitchell is not there?

LOL Are you claiming you can read LOL LOL

Yawn. LOL you really need psychological help LOL

LOL You can't offer any reason a rational adult should believe ice created a 6,700 ft. mountain. LOL

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-02-2021 13:43
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Are you claiming that mount mitchell is not there?

LOL Are you claiming you can read LOL LOL

Yawn. LOL you really need psychological help LOL

LOL You can't offer any reason a rational adult should believe ice created a 6,700 ft. mountain. LOL

.


Wrong again as mount mitchell nj is not 6700 feet tall. Do try to comprehend reality instead of living in your chosen illusion

https://www.jerseyfamilyfun.com/mount-mitchell-scenic-overlook-park-monmouth-county-parks-playgrounds/#:~:text=Located%20at%20266%20feet%2C%20the,the%20whole%20family%20will%20enjoy.

266 feet
Located at 266 feet, the park is on the highest natural elevation on the Atlantic seaboard from Maine to the Yucatan. The sweeping views of Sandy Hook, the Raritan Bay, and the New York City skyline are something the whole family will enjoy.
08-02-2021 16:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
Swan wrote: Wrong again as mount mitchell nj is not 6700 feet tall.

Well, then you are the only one who is wrong. You have never provided any rational basis any reasonable adult should believe your WILD speculations and intricate conclusions about the past.

He who makes the affirmative claim bears the full burden of support, and it is no one else's job to prove it false. Your ongoing avoidance of any and all support for your claims is telling. All you have are insults that others haven't proven your religious beliefs false.

You are the only one who is wrong.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-02-2021 17:18
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Wrong again as mount mitchell nj is not 6700 feet tall.

Well, then you are the only one who is wrong. You have never provided any rational basis any reasonable adult should believe your WILD speculations and intricate conclusions about the past.

He who makes the affirmative claim bears the full burden of support, and it is no one else's job to prove it false. Your ongoing avoidance of any and all support for your claims is telling. All you have are insults that others haven't proven your religious beliefs false.

You are the only one who is wrong.

.


How exactly do I prove the ice age to a schizophrenic who creates his own reality

And why would I bother?

No one has to prove anything to a nobody like you.

That said under your rules you have the burden to prove that there was no ice age and also to prove what geologic process made mount mitchel nj if not ice

Yawn
Edited on 08-02-2021 17:21
08-02-2021 17:47
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
Swan wrote: How exactly do I prove the ice age ...

... which is why you are being asked why on earth you believe it. How were you convinced, aside from you being totally gullible and believing whatever you are ordered to believe?

Swan wrote: No one has to prove anything to a nobody like you.

That is the position of the religious believer who has no rational basis for his beliefs.

Swan wrote:That said under your rules you have the burden to prove that there was no ice age

I first have to have declared that there was no ice age. I simply stated that I have no belief that any ice age existed but I can't reject the possibility since I cannot time-travel into the past to verify any assertion or to prove any assertion false.

You, on the other hand, not only assert that the entire planet was an ice ball at one point but you insult all the heathens who don't share your WACKY faith, just like a fundamentalist would of any religion. You can provide no rational basis for your beliefs but you get very defensive when your WACKY beliefs are scrutinized and questioned.

Swan wrote: and also to prove what geologic process made mount mitchel nj if not ice

You bear the full burden to support your affirmative claim. No one else bears any responsibility to either do your job or to prove your claim false.

It is sufficient to simply dismiss you outright. Yawn

btw, Dismissed!

LOL


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-02-2021 19:47
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: How exactly do I prove the ice age ...

... which is why you are being asked why on earth you believe it. How were you convinced, aside from you being totally gullible and believing whatever you are ordered to believe?

Swan wrote: No one has to prove anything to a nobody like you.

That is the position of the religious believer who has no rational basis for his beliefs.

Swan wrote:That said under your rules you have the burden to prove that there was no ice age

I first have to have declared that there was no ice age. I simply stated that I have no belief that any ice age existed but I can't reject the possibility since I cannot time-travel into the past to verify any assertion or to prove any assertion false.

You, on the other hand, not only assert that the entire planet was an ice ball at one point but you insult all the heathens who don't share your WACKY faith, just like a fundamentalist would of any religion. You can provide no rational basis for your beliefs but you get very defensive when your WACKY beliefs are scrutinized and questioned.

Swan wrote: and also to prove what geologic process made mount mitchel nj if not ice

You bear the full burden to support your affirmative claim. No one else bears any responsibility to either do your job or to prove your claim false.

It is sufficient to simply dismiss you outright. Yawn

btw, Dismissed!

LOL


.


Again you still feel that people must prove things to you

Why is this?

Again the glacial maxim formed mount mitchel NJ and crawford hill both. Funny how you claim that I have to prove them to you
08-02-2021 20:16
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
Swan wrote:
what geologic process made mount mitchel nj if not ice

Yawn



Maybe the same one that made Ayers Rock in Australia or Stone Mountain, Georgia?
08-02-2021 20:44
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
what geologic process made mount mitchel nj if not ice

Yawn



Maybe the same one that made Ayers Rock in Australia or Stone Mountain, Georgia?


The glaciers did not get to georgia
08-02-2021 20:53
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3401)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Are you claiming that mount mitchell is not there?

LOL Are you claiming you can read LOL LOL

Yawn. LOL you really need psychological help LOL

LOL You can't offer any reason a rational adult should believe ice created a 6,700 ft. mountain. LOL

.


Wrong again as mount mitchell nj is not 6700 feet tall. Do try to comprehend reality instead of living in your chosen illusion

https://www.jerseyfamilyfun.com/mount-mitchell-scenic-overlook-park-monmouth-county-parks-playgrounds/#:~:text=Located%20at%20266%20feet%2C%20the,the%20whole%20family%20will%20enjoy.

266 feet
Located at 266 feet, the park is on the highest natural elevation on the Atlantic seaboard from Maine to the Yucatan. The sweeping views of Sandy Hook, the Raritan Bay, and the New York City skyline are something the whole family will enjoy.


Is that the same Sandy Hook, that Nicklaus Cruise shot up a school? Did you watch from your mountain-top lair? 266 feet? Are you sure that's brag-worthy? I grew up on the side of a 11,000+ feet mountain. Think we were at about 1,200 feet. 266 feet, is more like a hill, or a speed bump.
08-02-2021 21:06
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Are you claiming that mount mitchell is not there?

LOL Are you claiming you can read LOL LOL

Yawn. LOL you really need psychological help LOL

LOL You can't offer any reason a rational adult should believe ice created a 6,700 ft. mountain. LOL

.


Wrong again as mount mitchell nj is not 6700 feet tall. Do try to comprehend reality instead of living in your chosen illusion

https://www.jerseyfamilyfun.com/mount-mitchell-scenic-overlook-park-monmouth-county-parks-playgrounds/#:~:text=Located%20at%20266%20feet%2C%20the,the%20whole%20family%20will%20enjoy.

266 feet
Located at 266 feet, the park is on the highest natural elevation on the Atlantic seaboard from Maine to the Yucatan. The sweeping views of Sandy Hook, the Raritan Bay, and the New York City skyline are something the whole family will enjoy.


Is that the same Sandy Hook, that Nicklaus Cruise shot up a school? Did you watch from your mountain-top lair? 266 feet? Are you sure that's brag-worthy? I grew up on the side of a 11,000+ feet mountain. Think we were at about 1,200 feet. 266 feet, is more like a hill, or a speed bump.

Nope. Funny how no one knows where the highest point on the east coast is
08-02-2021 21:43
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
Swan wrote: Again you still feel that people must prove things to you

LOL LOL It's funny how English isn't your thing LOL

No one ever has to prove his religious beliefs to anyone Yawn LOL


Swan wrote: Again the glacial maxim formed ..blah blah blah ....

LOL Funny religious beliefs LOL.

Dismissed Yawn

LOL


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-02-2021 21:53
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Again you still feel that people must prove things to you

LOL LOL It's funny how English isn't your thing LOL

No one ever has to prove his religious beliefs to anyone Yawn LOL


Swan wrote: Again the glacial maxim formed ..blah blah blah ....

LOL Funny religious beliefs LOL.

Dismissed Yawn

LOL

My glacial maximum is very large. LOL

Yawn.
08-02-2021 22:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Again you still feel that people must prove things to you

LOL LOL It's funny how English isn't your thing LOL

No one ever has to prove his religious beliefs to anyone Yawn LOL


Swan wrote: Again the glacial maxim formed ..blah blah blah ....

LOL Funny religious beliefs LOL.

Dismissed Yawn

LOL

My glacial maximum is very large. LOL

Yawn.

LOL Not with the negative work Yawn ATE was compressed. LOL Everybody knows that the Ice Age is "what we know" Yawn. LOL Why do you think I need to prove to the likes of you that you are a science denier who can't read for comprehension LOL Gravity compressed the ice age atmosphere so there was more thermal energy per unit volume. The ice caused the atmosphere to cool, thus compressing into greater thermal energy per unit volume which caused the ATE Yawn LOL

Yawn.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Page 2 of 8<1234>>>





Join the debate CO2 ocean uptake:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
ppm CO2 in atmosphere3312-03-2021 02:47
could we slow co2 release in enviornment by engineering a virus to kill wood eating bacteria?2605-03-2021 23:24
CO2 monitors can help prevent the spread of COVID-19, experts say1524-02-2021 18:04
Can CO2 capture be a starter for geothermal energy?2017-02-2021 01:49
The truth about CO2 is that without it you would be dead3207-02-2021 21:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact