(3314)
keepit wrote:
Try not to miss the point gfm.

Try to MAKE a point keepit.
09-02-2021 21:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Sorry you missed the point gfm. I'll try again.
The point is that Adam came around 6000 years ago and was born different than human like creatures that came before him in that he had a God given spirit, namely conscience, consciousness, and free will. In this way the scientists are right about the age of the earth and the religious scholars are right that Adam, the first spiritual man, came around 6000 years ago.
09-02-2021 21:37
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote: Try not to miss the point gfm.

Too funny! keepit forgot that he first has to make a point before he can accuse someone of having missed it!

Can I get an LOL Yawn LOL? Lay it on me.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-02-2021 21:48
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Yawn LOL Yawn....wait.....did I screw that up?
09-02-2021 22:53
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote: Yawn LOL Yawn....wait.....did I screw that up?

LOL You can't even get that right Yawn LOL Just giving the facts. It's a glacial maxim LOL

Yawn.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-02-2021 23:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
keepit wrote:

Since you made no point, you are making a NEW point. Okay...go.
keepit wrote:
The point is that Adam came around 6000 years ago

How do you know? Were you there? The Bible mentions no time period.
keepit wrote:
and was born different than human like creatures that came before him

How do you know there were human like creatures before Adam? Were you there? The Bible makes no mention of this either.
keepit wrote:
in that he had a God given spirit, namely conscience, consciousness,

Are you seriously arguing that a dog is not conscious??? It's passed out all the time???
keepit wrote:
and free will.

Have you ever raised an ornery animal? Have you ever seen any animal in the wild? They go where they please. They have free will.
keepit wrote:
In this way the scientists are right about the age of the earth and the religious scholars are right that Adam, the first spiritual man, came around 6000 years ago.

Science has no theories about past unobserved events. They are not falsifiable. The age of the Earth is unknown. The Bible makes no mention of any date Adam walked the Earth or the date God made Adam.

You seem to be making a lot of shit up.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-02-2021 00:38
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Unfortunately, that was not a perfect execution of the LOL Yawn LOL... but since you have the basics down, I'll still give you a 4 out of 10 on the Swan meter... [insert clever IBDaMann graphic here]
10-02-2021 00:53
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Sorry you missed the point keepit. I'll try again.

keepit wrote:
The point is that Adam came around 6000 years ago

When Adam "came around" is unknown. The Bible does not specify this. Some people (based on various unverifiable assumptions) estimate around 6,000 years ago, however.

keepit wrote:
and was born different than human like creatures that came before him

This is also unknown, and The Bible also does not specify this. You really do seem to know a lot of specifics about unverifiable events.

keepit wrote:
in that he had a God given spirit, namely conscience, consciousness, and free will.

Other creatures do not have consciousness and free will? Interesting...

keepit wrote:
In this way the scientists are right about the age of the earth and the religious scholars are right that Adam, the first spiritual man, came around 6000 years ago.

Which "scientists", exactly? There are no theories of science about past unobserved events.

Which "religious scholars", exactly? Religious scholars do not magickally make the unknown become known.
Edited on 10-02-2021 00:54
10-02-2021 01:04
(14389)
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Unfortunately, that was not a perfect execution of the LOL Yawn LOL... but since you have the basics down, I'll still give you a 4 out of 10 on the Swan meter... [insert clever IBDaMann graphic here]

Attached image:

10-02-2021 06:25
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Learn how to do a scientific performance evaluation. (hint: just Google it)

I may have screwed up the routine but I damn sure stuck the landing. That's worth at least 5. You suck. (LOL?)

Yawn Yawn Yawn.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 10-02-2021 06:49
10-02-2021 13:39
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
gfm,
The earth is older than 6000 years.

The age of the Earth is unknown. Additionally, 'Earth' (when referring to the planet) is a proper noun and should be capitalized.

keepit wrote:
It is human beings (spiritual man) that are only 6000 years.

The age of our species is unknown.

keepit wrote:
Prehistoric creatures became, through evolution, to be very similar to today's human beings but didn't have a human spirit (conscience, free will, and consciousness), all three). God gave Adam the human spirit, He breathed it into him, but human like creatures before that didn't have the human spirit.

Is this your religious belief or are you attempting to pass this off as thettled thienth?

The oldest zircon dates are 4.36 billion years. Before this study, the oldest dated rocks were from a body of rock known as the Acasta Gneiss in the Northwest Territories, which are 4.03 billion years old.
10-02-2021 16:18
(14389)
Swan wrote: The oldest zircon dates are 4.36 billion years.

Radiometric dating can only provide an upper limit to its age, not provide the actual age.

Learn how radiometric dating works.

Swan wrote: Before this study, the oldest dated rocks were from a body of rock known as the Acasta Gneiss in the Northwest Territories, which are 4.03 billion years old.

The upper limit of the rocks' age does not tell us the rocks' age.

10-02-2021 16:40
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

I may have screwed up the routine but I damn sure stuck the landing. That's worth at least 5. You suck. (LOL?)

Yawn Yawn Yawn.

Impressive!!! I'll give that performance a solid 8.5 out of 10... I took off points for a timid LOL and for excluding the word "Sheesh."
10-02-2021 17:54
(14389)
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Yawn Yawn Yawn.

Impressive!!! I'll give that performance a solid 8.5 out of 10... I took off points for a timid LOL and for excluding the word "Sheesh."

Attached image:

10-02-2021 18:06
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Could of swore Rock was invented in the 50s, but didn't really gain popularity, until the 60s... Probably the drugs
10-02-2021 19:40
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Could of swore Rock was invented in the 50s, but didn't really gain popularity, until the 60s... Probably the drugs

A lot of drugs.
10-02-2021 20:53
(14389)
HarveyH55 wrote: Could of swore Rock was invented in the 50s,

Didn't Swan assure us that the oldest Rock was 4.2 billion years old? ... but that it didn't really gain popularity, until the 60s ... probably due to drugs?

11-02-2021 01:29
(21588)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
gfm,

The age of the Earth is unknown. Additionally, 'Earth' (when referring to the planet) is a proper noun and should be capitalized.

keepit wrote:

keepit wrote:
Prehistoric creatures became, through evolution, to be very similar to today's human beings but didn't have a human spirit (conscience, free will, and consciousness), all three). God gave Adam the human spirit, He breathed it into him, but human like creatures before that didn't have the human spirit.

Is this your religious belief or are you attempting to pass this off as thettled thienth?

The oldest zircon dates are 4.36 billion years. Before this study, the oldest dated rocks were from a body of rock known as the Acasta Gneiss in the Northwest Territories, which are 4.03 billion years old.

The problem with gauging the age of a rock is that it's impossible to tell how accurate radiometric dating is over that kind of time.

You see, there are NO scales established over that time. Radiometric dating assumes a LOT about a consistent environment. When is a rock created? When it's molten? When it comes out of the ground in a volcanic eruption? When it fell into an ocean? When a sea floor rose and it became land?

That stupid rock has been through a LOT before you came along and announced it's age.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-02-2021 01:29
(21588)
IBdaMann wrote:

Radiometric dating can only provide an upper limit to its age, not provide the actual age.

Swan wrote: Before this study, the oldest dated rocks were from a body of rock known as the Acasta Gneiss in the Northwest Territories, which are 4.03 billion years old.

Exactly.

The Parrot Killer

11-02-2021 07:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
gfm,

keepit wrote:

keepit wrote:

I watched a show about the different bipedal hominids that died out. They suggested that the scavengers encouraged other groups to develop better adaptability. Still see a lot of that today.
11-02-2021 23:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
IBdaMann wrote:

I would like to date your skull
12-02-2021 04:17
(21588)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It's about 10 years old. The entire skeleton of the human body is replaced over approximately a 10 year period.

The Parrot Killer

12-02-2021 05:21
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It's about 10 years old. The entire skeleton of the human body is replaced over approximately a 10 year period.

...which is really nifty when one thinks about it...
12-02-2021 14:07
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Wrong again because a coroner can date a skeleton as old ones differ from young ones.

Do they really pay you to be stupid
12-02-2021 15:56
(14389)
Swan wrote:Wrong again because a coroner can date a skeleton as old ones differ from young ones.

Wrong again because a coroner can estimate the age of the deceased via characteristics of the skeleton, not the age of any elements in the skeleton.

Do they really pay you to be stupid?

12-02-2021 16:16
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Teeth give away age reasonably accurate on an old skeleton.Size and shape help.I learned about lucy when I was at high school get ready for copy and paste peeps

3.2 million-year old
Lucy, a 3.2 million-year old fossil skeleton of a human ancestor, was discovered in 1974 in Hadar, Ethiopia. The fossil locality at Hadar where the pieces of Lucy's skeleton were discovered is known to scientists as Afar Locality 288 (A.L. 288).

We know that Lucy was a fully-grown adult, because she had wisdom teeth and her bones had fused. But unlike modern humans, she seems to have grown to full size very quickly, and was only about 12 years old when she died.

Can I safely assume this is all a work of fiction from my mind masters at church
12-02-2021 23:12
(21588)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Wrong again because a coroner can date a skeleton as old ones differ from young ones.

Define 'old ones' and 'young ones'.
Are you trying to describe the age at death or now long ago the death occurred?

The Parrot Killer

12-02-2021 23:15
(21588)
duncan61 wrote:
Teeth give away age reasonably accurate on an old skeleton.Size and shape help.I learned about lucy when I was at high school get ready for copy and paste peeps

3.2 million-year old
Lucy, a 3.2 million-year old fossil skeleton of a human ancestor, was discovered in 1974 in Hadar, Ethiopia. The fossil locality at Hadar where the pieces of Lucy's skeleton were discovered is known to scientists as Afar Locality 288 (A.L. 288).

We know that Lucy was a fully-grown adult, because she had wisdom teeth and her bones had fused. But unlike modern humans, she seems to have grown to full size very quickly, and was only about 12 years old when she died.

Can I safely assume this is all a work of fiction from my mind masters at church

Since it was pieces, how do you know they are all the same person? How do you know Lucy wasn't some kind of younger form of a race of giants? Can I safely assume that your proclamation is the work of fiction from your mind master at your church?

The Parrot Killer

12-02-2021 23:35
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Good response ITN.Are all the exhibits in London Museum a work of fiction as well because how can we know if we were not there?Gotcha now zombie boy.Fly your way out of this one bitch.
13-02-2021 01:38
(14389)
duncan61 wrote: Teeth give away age reasonably accurate on an old skeleton

I don't know whether you are intentionally twisting the words but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

You are talking about the age of the deceased, not the age of the teeth. That is the point in question, i.e. that any part of the skeleton is at most ten years old but the formation of the skeleton itself allows one to discern the age of the deceased.

duncan61 wrote:Can I safely assume this is all a work of fiction from my mind masters at church

Part of it is. Instead of stating that Lucy is a 3.2 million-year-old fossil, the statement should have read that Lucy could be up to 3.2 million years old. Nobody knows how old it is but we can use radiometric dating to find the upper limit, i.e. assume there was zero decay matter at the time of death. Of course any honest anthropologist will announce that assumption and state the calculated value as the upper limit and would take into account that any previous decay matter implies a younger age.

You would do well to learn how radiometric dating works so that you can direct appropriate questions towards those who lie to you every day instead of directing ashsole questions at those who are trying to help you. I don't recall Into the Night ever trying to sell you anything or to jack up your taxes; why are you so hostile to him? He's not the one who taught you to believe that speculations of the past were somehow thettled thienth. You really confuse me.

Attached image:

13-02-2021 02:06
(21588)
duncan61 wrote:
Good response ITN.Are all the exhibits in London Museum a work of fiction as well because how can we know if we were not there?Gotcha now zombie boy.Fly your way out of this one bitch.

Which London Museum are you referring to? London has many museums.

The Parrot Killer

13-02-2021 04:08
(14389)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Which London Museum are you referring to? London has many museums.

To which London are you referring?

If you are referring to London, Connecticut then you are either talking about the US Coast Guard Museum, the Lyman Allyn Art Museum, the Custom House Maritime Museum or the Hygeinic Art Museum.

... however if you are talking about London, Wisconsin then the public museum there is closed due to COVID but will continue to "reevaluate" every two weeks until people forget there is even a museum there.

... however if you are talking about London, New Hampshire then wow, you could be talking about the Ice House Museum, the Historical Museum, the Historical Society, the Marian Graves Mugar Museum, the Muster Field Farm Museum, the Wilmot Historical Society, the Sunapee Historical Society, the Newbury Historical Society Museum, the Sutton Historical Society Museum, the Springfield Historical Society Museum, Danbury New Hampshire Historical Society Museum, the Story Preservation Initiative, the Andover Historical Society
Museum, the Newport Historical Society Museum, the Mt Kearsarge Indian Museum or the New Hampshire Telephone Museum.

... but if you are talking about London, North Carolina then you are probably talking about either the Badin Historic Museum, the Albemarle-Stanly Historic Preservation Commission, the Stanley County Historic Preservation Foundation,
the Gold Hill Historic Preservation Society, the Eastern Cabarrus Historical Society Museum, the Locust Historical Society and Museum, the Norwood Museum or the Mount Gilead Museum.

... however if you are talking about London, Minnesota then you've got to be talking about the Freeborn County Historical Museum, Library & Village because that's all there is; London, Minnesota is a rural community of about twelve houses and a bunch of farm land.

So unless there is some other London somewhere that I missed, you must be talking about one of these, yes?

13-02-2021 09:17
(5196)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Why do democrats think this way? Skeletal remains, and fossils aren't the same thing. Fossils contain no organic matter. They don't really know squat, just guessing, based on a single specimen. They had nothing else of the same age and location, to compare their guesses. Poor nutrition, and a hard life can age a person pretty quick as well.
13-02-2021 16:52
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Why do democrats think this way? Skeletal remains, and fossils aren't the same thing. Fossils contain no organic matter. They don't really know squat, just guessing, based on a single specimen. They had nothing else of the same age and location, to compare their guesses. Poor nutrition, and a hard life can age a person pretty quick as well.

Democrats do not think, they act on instinct like an amoeba
14-02-2021 01:06
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
London England
14-02-2021 01:45
(5196)
duncan61 wrote:
London England

New England is a state, home of the Patriots. Or do you mean the old England, with the British?
14-02-2021 05:05
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
London England

New England is a state, home of the Patriots. Or do you mean the old England, with the British?

There is no state named new England. Furthermore he specified London
14-02-2021 05:14
(21588)
duncan61 wrote:
London England

Okay. Which Museum are you referring to? Some museums are quite large, containing many departments. Which department are you referring to, if you are referring to one of these larger museums?

I really can't answer your question until I know what you are talking about.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 14-02-2021 05:15
14-02-2021 05:20
(21588)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
London England

There is no state named new England. Furthermore he specified London

Until recently, he only specified London, but which one?
London, England; London, CA; London, OH; London KY; London, Ontario; London, Finland; London, Nigeria??

He has now specified London, England. We are now trying to determine which museum he is referring to, and to which department in a museum he is referring to if one has multiple departments.

London, England has many museums. Many are quite large.

The Parrot Killer

Page 4 of 8<<<23456>>>

Join the debate CO2 ocean uptake:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Geoengineering to Neutralize Ocean Acidification32520-04-2024 00:23
Restoring Alkalinity to the Ocean40520-12-2023 09:14
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
Florida in hot water as ocean temperatures rise along with the humidity213-07-2023 15:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact