Remember me
▼ Content

Why don't people take individual action to help stop climate change?

Page 2 of 2<12
13-09-2019 03:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
I'm ready to debate. Once you stop being a whiny bitch and present an argument of some sort, then we can begin debating.

Debate that a cooler bodies radiance can/can't be absorbed here:
Net Radiance
Debate the science behind global warming with me here
here:do-i-have-the-co2-calamity-math-right
(You implied you want to respect the topics)

Without addressing basic thermodynamics you can't talk about how they play out on Earth and then what to do about it.

Repetitious lies. Repetitious questions already answered.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Okay. Let's discuss the topic of this thread, then. The thread is entitled "Why don't people take individual action to help stop climate change?"

Let's start off by defining our terms. What is "climate change"?

OK do you acknowledge that the Earth and our Moon have different "Climates"?

What would you say the climate of the Moon is?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-09-2019 03:33
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
You have just described several climates.

Your response was unclear so you'll need to try again. How does the ground level temp of Earth have "several climates" and "Las Vegas" does not? Or even your backyard?

I'm glad you do accept Climate is defined and can use it.

Try again.

He is asking YOU, stupid.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-09-2019 03:35
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Now, apply that average locally, and what percentage of the planet actually experiences that climate, ever? How often? Do you sort of see how meaningless those numbers really are,

I think you consider 14C as a rough global average to be meaningless when you compare one part of Earth to another, in a different season, on a different day. That fair?
What about compared to the moon?

How about we try to get some definitions and common understanding on the board.

Can you ever know the exact temperature of anything and is the temperature of anything ever perfectly uniform. I'd say that's No and No.

Me thinks you can't even define 'climate', much less 'climate change'. You keep shifting the meaning of 'climate' around.

Goalpost fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

13-09-2019 03:42
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
. Repetitious questions already answered.

Never answered.

You don't believe "temperature" is even defined so you simply accept nothing.
13-09-2019 03:52
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Never answered.

No, I've seen him define temperature several times. Go back and look it up.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
13-09-2019 04:09
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Now, apply that average locally, and what percentage of the planet actually experiences that climate, ever? How often? Do you sort of see how meaningless those numbers really are,

I think you consider 14C as a rough global average to be meaningless when you compare one part of Earth to another, in a different season, on a different day. That fair?
What about compared to the moon?

How about we try to get some definitions and common understanding on the board.

Can you ever know the exact temperature of anything and is the temperature of anything ever perfectly uniform. I'd say that's No and No.

Perhaps you ignored the point I was making. Your global average rarely applies in Florida, ever. Just occasionally in the winter, usually at night,at that. I don't believe your global average, really applies to an where on earth either. The polar regions don't rise above freezing, rarely, at best. Do you see how your 'average' never applies in a practical sense to a vast portion of the planet surface? You claim it represents the entire planet, but it clearly never does, it's just a fun number on paper, of no actual use or value.
13-09-2019 04:13
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
tmiddles wrote:

Yup.

tmiddles wrote:What about compared to the moon?

Not going to the moon yet.

tmiddles wrote:How about we try to get some definitions and common understanding on the board.

That is why I need you to define a global climate. After that we can talk about climate change.

tmiddles wrote:Can you ever know the exact temperature of anything and is the temperature of anything ever perfectly uniform. I'd say that's No and No.

....And that's why margin of error is so important in any data set.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
13-09-2019 05:15
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I've seen him define temperature several times. Go back and look it up.

Here you go;
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
"Temperature Change" isn't defined huh?

Nope. From when to when? Why are those two times significant? Why are any other two times NOT significant? What temperature is it changing? Where is the change taking place?

ITN has never, by his own account above, had a temperature change defined.
13-09-2019 05:23
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Do you see how your 'average' never applies in a practical sense .

If you're going to talk on a planetary scale you'll need to set aside the local pic a bit.

Can anything have a temperature at all? That temp being an average of more than a single molecule? The temp will always vary from spot to spot by some amount.
13-09-2019 05:26
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:Can you ever know the exact temperature of anything and is the temperature of anything ever perfectly uniform. I'd say that's No and No.

Just so it's not skipped over do you agree with this last part?

In this case (and usually) the focus in Climate change is the average temperature at ground level worldwide.
13-09-2019 05:27
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Here you go;
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Nope. From when to when? Why are those two times significant? Why are any other two times NOT significant? What temperature is it changing? Where is the change taking place?

Temperature and temperature change are two very different things, dumbass.

13-09-2019 05:49
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

In this case (and usually) the focus in Climate change is the average temperature at ground level worldwide.

....and how do you focus on an unknown?

We can sit around the campfire and toss beers and numbers around all night. At the end of the night, the only number we'll know for certain is the number of beers I drank.

Edited on 13-09-2019 06:27
13-09-2019 05:50
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Here you go;
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Temperature and temperature change are two very different things, dumbass.

So you just concede like that?

I mean it's true he never has but I thought you'd try.
Edited on 13-09-2019 05:50
13-09-2019 05:58
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Never answered.

This is your quote. Leaving out important words again I see. Bad habit of yours. You should get that checked out by a professional

Edited on 13-09-2019 05:59
13-09-2019 06:02
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Leaving out important words again I see. .

I was talking to ITN after we'd just discussed. But sure I see little difference. "Temperature change" indeed
A static temperature as a concept does fall within ITNs limited library of platitudes along with theory which will never meet method
13-09-2019 06:34
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Never answered.

Repetitious lie. Repetitious question of a definition already given.

The Parrot Killer

13-09-2019 06:36
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Here you go;
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Repetitious lie. Contextomy fallacy. Argument of the stone fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

13-09-2019 06:38
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Do you see how your 'average' never applies in a practical sense .

If you're going to talk on a planetary scale you'll need to set aside the local pic a bit.

Can anything have a temperature at all? That temp being an average of more than a single molecule? The temp will always vary from spot to spot by some amount.

Redefinition fallacy (kinetic<->thermal, one<->many).

You have forgotten the definition of temperature I and IBDaMann already gave you.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 13-09-2019 06:39
13-09-2019 06:41
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

So say 'average temperature', not 'climate change'. Climate is not a temperature.

Then you can try to define 'temperature change' or 'global warming'.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 13-09-2019 06:42
13-09-2019 06:42
(21600)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

....and how do you focus on an unknown?

We can sit around the campfire and toss beers and numbers around all night. At the end of the night, the only number we'll know for certain is the number of beers I drank.

Depends on how many beers you drank!

The Parrot Killer

13-09-2019 06:44
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

I was talking to ITN after we'd just discussed. But sure I see little difference. "Temperature change" indeed
A static temperature as a concept does fall within ITNs limited library of platitudes along with theory which will never meet method

Word salad. Try English. It works better.

The Parrot Killer

13-09-2019 07:47
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Word salad. Try English. It works better.

Ok
14-09-2019 09:13
(3979)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Okay. Let's discuss the topic of this thread, then. The thread is entitled "Why don't people take individual action to help stop climate change?"

GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

First you describe Earth's climate and I'll tell you if the moon is different. Fair enough?

You guys not actually want to debate this? Are you only interested in establishing that we cannot debate it?

Everything can be said to have an average temperature and a temperature range at a given moment and over any time frame.

For the Earth it's annual orbit around the sun is the largest period which repeats, 365 days, and one revolution per day, 24 hrs, the smallest.

Nothing "holy" or odd about either interval they simply repeat.
14-09-2019 19:30
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

First you describe Earth's climate and I'll tell you if the moon is different. Fair enough?

You guys not actually want to debate this? Are you only interested in establishing that we cannot debate it?

Everything can be said to have an average temperature and a temperature range at a given moment and over any time frame.

For the Earth it's annual orbit around the sun is the largest period which repeats, 365 days, and one revolution per day, 24 hrs, the smallest.

Nothing "holy" or odd about either interval they simply repeat.

What's to debate?

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Why don't people take individual action to help stop climate change?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
How exactly does an entire message board stop posting?2623-12-2023 02:25
Physicists 'entangle' individual molecules for the first time, bringing about a new platform for 1721-12-2023 13:02
Optical tweezers building qubits out of individual molecules, this is the first step toward008-12-2023 03:08
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
Worsening warming is hurting people in all regions, US climate assessment shows2923-11-2023 02:17
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact