Remember me
▼ Content

Worsening warming is hurting people in all regions, US climate assessment shows

Worsening warming is hurting people in all regions, US climate assessment shows14-11-2023 18:07
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)

https://nca2023.globalchange.gov/

Revved-up climate change now permeates Americans' daily lives with harm that is "already far-reaching and worsening across every region of the United States," a massive new government report says.

The National Climate Assessment, which comes out every four to five years, was released Tuesday with details that bring climate change's impacts down to a local level.

Overall, it paints a picture of a country warming about 60% faster than the world as a whole, one that regularly gets smacked with costly weather disasters and faces even bigger problems in the future.

Since 1970, the Lower 48 states have warmed by 2.5 degrees (1.4 degrees Celsius) and Alaska has heated up by 4.2 degrees (2.3 degrees Celsius), compared to the global average of 1.7 degrees (0.9 degrees Celsius), the report said. But what people really feel is not the averages, but when weather is extreme.

With heat waves, drought, wildfire and heavy downpours, "we are seeing an acceleration of the impacts of climate change in the United States," said study co-author Zeke Hausfather of the tech company Stripe and Berkeley Earth.

And that's not healthy.

Much more at link, as well as a link to the report.

Haven't gotten to the report, but expect the usual hype and hysteria. Have a strong hunch it's overly political, which is interesting. If America is getting hit harder than the rest of the world, maybe an excuse to reduce international spending on climate-change, and focus on our own needs.
RE: this is NOT trolling14-11-2023 18:19
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(596)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Revved-up climate change now permeates Americans' daily lives with harm that is "already far-reaching and worsening across every region of the United States," a massive new government report says.

The National Climate Assessment, which comes out every four to five years, was released Tuesday with details that bring climate change's impacts down to a local level.

Overall, it paints a picture of a country warming about 60% faster than the world as a whole, one that regularly gets smacked with costly weather disasters and faces even bigger problems in the future.

Since 1970, the Lower 48 states have warmed by 2.5 degrees (1.4 degrees Celsius) and Alaska has heated up by 4.2 degrees (2.3 degrees Celsius), compared to the global average of 1.7 degrees (0.9 degrees Celsius), the report said. But what people really feel is not the averages, but when weather is extreme.

With heat waves, drought, wildfire and heavy downpours, "we are seeing an acceleration of the impacts of climate change in the United States," said study co-author Zeke Hausfather of the tech company Stripe and Berkeley Earth.

And that's not healthy.

Haven't gotten to the report, but expect the usual hype and hysteria. Have a strong hunch it's overly political, which is interesting. If America is getting hit harder than the rest of the world, maybe an excuse to reduce international spending on climate-change, and focus on our own needs.

This is not trolling. A nice contrast with most posts on this website.

Material was cut and pasted without alteration, citing the source.

The reader can draw their own conclusion as to whether or not it is hype and hysteria.

I happen to agree with the conclusion: "And that's not healthy".

And I owe Harvey an apology.

I made a false accusation based on my faulty recollection of who reposted my personal information.

It wasn't Harvey. I was wrong, and I apologize.
14-11-2023 19:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14438)
Im a BM wrote: Overall, it paints a picture of a country warming about 60% faster than the world as a whole,

I'll let gfm7175 explain to you how everywhere in the world is warming faster than everywhere else. You should catch the entire thread dedicated to this concept over on JPP. All the warmizombies are confused as to how to respond, but it's their/your position, i.e. everywhere is warming faster than everywhere else. Your article is but one example.

It really is too funny.

Im a BM wrote: one that regularly gets smacked with costly weather disasters and faces even bigger problems in the future.

Too funny. None of this is based on weather that somehow does not fall within the norm, but is all based on insurance claims that, of course, grow over time as more areas are developed, to include high-priced districts.

Im a BM wrote: Since 1970, the Lower 48 states have warmed by 2.5 degrees (1.4 degrees Celsius) and Alaska has heated up by 4.2 degrees (2.3 degrees Celsius), compared to the global average of 1.7 degrees (0.9 degrees Celsius), the report said. But what people really feel is not the averages, but when weather is extreme.

Way too funny. Do you have any idea why there is no reported margin of error for any of these values, Robup? Because there weren't any calculations performed. Do you know why there were no calculations? Because there isn't any data. Do you know why there isn't any data? Because everything about this article has been fabricated, i.e. pulled out of someone's azz, just to string along the gullible faithful, like you. You don't demand any data because you already believed the author with all of your heart and soul before you ever began reading the first sentence.

Your religion is silly.

Im a BM wrote: With heat waves, drought, wildfire and heavy downpours, "we are seeing an acceleration of the impacts of climate change in the United States,"

Hey, Mr. Science Genius, do impacts accelerate? ... or are these just the dog-whistle buzzwords that get you to OBEY.

Hey, Mr. Science Genius, are you claiming that there were never any heat waves, drought, wildfire and heavy downpours prior to the advent of your faith? Why do you believe that those words should cause a rational adult to PANIC into demanding heavier taxation? Why do you believe that rational adults should feel a sudden need to save the planet?

Im a BM wrote: If America is getting hit harder than the rest of the world, ....

It is, and so is the rest of the world, make no mistake.

Im a BM wrote: The reader can draw their own conclusion as to whether or not it is hype and hysteria.

You can't have a singular antecedent for a plural pronoun. You should either write "The reader can draw his own conclusion ..." or "Readers can draw their own conclusions ..."

Im a BM wrote: I happen to agree with the conclusion: "And that's not healthy".

Would you mind clarifying in what way it is not healthy, and for whom, and why?

Im a BM wrote: And I owe Harvey an apology.

Yes you do.

Im a BM wrote: I made a false accusation based on my faulty recollection of who reposted my personal information.

Yes, that was you. I should dig up that post in which you insisted that we all go look at it.
15-11-2023 00:26
(5197)
I just use my own name. Not interested in being someone else. Just simpler that way. Don't really care about what name people use online. It's who they are, online. May not be who they are else where. Like Swan... He must spend a small fortune on store-bought teeth, or never leave the safety of his mamma's basement. Definite mental issues...

Back on topic...

We use to work hard to protect what we have. As individuals, and community. We didn't have insurance, or government, to replace what weather damaged, or destroyed. We didn't pay others to do our work for us. Most people do as little as they can get away with these days. Including the people we pay, to do the work, meant to protect what we own. Less money spend, is more money to keep for themselves, or spend on 'fun' stuff. They do cheap, crappy work, because it's more likely to get thoroughly destroyed next event. Meaning, lazy people are more willing to pay, and pay more for protection.

Noticed that building from 50-100+ years ago suffer little damage during hurricanes. The vacation homes, rental properties are seriously damage/destroyed. The aerial footage don't lie.
15-11-2023 02:39
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Harvey, you should have included the next paragraph! It is such a gem!

Climate change is "harming physical, mental, spiritual, and community health and well-being through the increasing frequency and intensity of extreme events, increasing cases of infectious and vector-borne diseases, and declines in food and water quality and security," the report said.

In one beautiful sentence, climate change get's the blame for covid, rioting, inflation, AND Swan's plethora of mental disorders! However they did not mention a decline in moraine quality....is this not an issue?
Edited on 15-11-2023 02:40
15-11-2023 04:33
(14438)
GasGuzzler wrote:In one beautiful sentence, climate change get's the blame for covid, rioting, inflation, AND Swan's plethora of mental disorders!

... and no mention of the solution, just leaving us with the uneasy sense that it might already be too late ... but it's not! As long as we have mangroves, we stand a fighting chance ... at something to do with alkalinity! I'll ask Frank, he'll know.
15-11-2023 05:24
(5197)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Climate change is "harming physical, mental, spiritual, and community health and well-being through the increasing frequency and intensity of extreme events, increasing cases of infectious and vector-borne diseases, and declines in food and water quality and security," the report said.

In one beautiful sentence, climate change get's the blame for covid, rioting, inflation, AND Swan's plethora of mental disorders! However they did not mention a decline in moraine quality....is this not an issue?

Yeah, the article was full of it, the condensed version. The second link goes to the report the article was based on. 37 pages of manure... Really kind of amusing how they try to show how bad things are. But, also how much progress has been done. And how we are screwed, because it's going to get so much worse.

Thing is, that we go through a few bad years, but then it mellows out for a while. From all the hype and hysteria, it should never mellow out, just progressively worse, year after year. Been about 20 year since we had a really bad hurricane season. Our rainy season isn't even as intense. Use to get torrential rain almost every day. Did last long, 15-20 minutes or so. Severe thunderstorm once or twice a week with tornado warnings. Tornadoes in Florida have been rare for a decade now.
15-11-2023 20:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Actually moraine mount Mitchel is declining rapidly, as one access road was closed because the mountain is only a loose pile of debris

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
18-11-2023 04:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
HarveyH55 wrote:

And that's not healthy.

Climate cannot change.

The report is the usual hype and hysteria. It is just more scripture chanting by the Church of Global Warming (it's amazing how often they refer to such chanting as a 'study').

Ole' Zeke cannot measure the temperature of the Earth or global storm activity. Like others of his religion, any big storm, heat wave, cold snap, etc. is indicative of global warming (or what the Church lately refers to as 'climate change').

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-11-2023 13:52
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

And that's not healthy.

Climate cannot change.

The report is the usual hype and hysteria. It is just more scripture chanting by the Church of Global Warming (it's amazing how often they refer to such chanting as a 'study').

Ole' Zeke cannot measure the temperature of the Earth or global storm activity. Like others of his religion, any big storm, heat wave, cold snap, etc. is indicative of global warming (or what the Church lately refers to as 'climate change').

Acrually the climate is always changing

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

18-11-2023 17:37
(5197)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

And that's not healthy.

Climate cannot change.

There is no 'the climate'. Earth has many climates.
18-11-2023 19:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

And that's not healthy.

Climate cannot change.

There is no 'the climate'. Earth has many climates.

All macro and micro climates are always changing

ULTRA MAGA

19-11-2023 09:40
(14438)
HarveyH55 wrote:

To piggy-back off of this, and to remain aligned with gfm7175's theme of everywhere warming faster than everywhere else, I would like to share that THIS ARTICLE was kind enough to tell me that Alaska is the fastest warming State in the US, and that the fastest warming city, Reno, Nevada, is not in Alaska. However, THIS ARTICLE informs me that New Jersey is warming the fastest, and that 80% of the ten fastest warming states are on the east coast, nowhere near Alaska, and nowhere near Reno, Nevada. THIS ARTICLE has a different listing.

If I weren't aware that Global Warming is thettled thienth, I'd almost think they were making all of this up.
19-11-2023 17:00
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

To piggy-back off of this, and to remain aligned with gfm7175's theme of everywhere warming faster than everywhere else, I would like to share that THIS ARTICLE was kind enough to tell me that Alaska is the fastest warming State in the US, and that the fastest warming city, Reno, Nevada, is not in Alaska. However, THIS ARTICLE informs me that New Jersey is warming the fastest, and that 80% of the ten fastest warming states are on the east coast, nowhere near Alaska, and nowhere near Reno, Nevada. THIS ARTICLE has a different listing.

If I weren't aware that Global Warming is thettled thienth, I'd almost think they were making all of this up.

Global warming began 22,000 years ago and this is settled science. That said the science proves that fossil fuel burning did not begin the warming trend

ULTRA MAGA

19-11-2023 18:16
(5197)
BS... Maybe approximately 22,000 years, give or take a few thousand... Even carbon-dating has a pretty wide range. It's speculation, based on other guesses about age.
19-11-2023 23:39
(21612)
Swan wrote:

Climate cannot change.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-11-2023 01:11
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Climate cannot change.

Please explain.

ULTRA MAGA

20-11-2023 21:43
(21612)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Climate cannot change.

Please explain.

I already did. So have others. RQAA.

Because you're especially slow, I'll do it again.

Climate is a subjective description. It has no temperature. It has no precipitation. It has no values associated with of any kind. A desert climate is always a desert climate, even if a particular desert disappears and becomes a lush climate. A lush climate is always a lush climate.

There is no such thing as a global climate. Earth has many climates.
There is no value associated with climate that can change. Climate cannot change.

Now you can start your word games trying to redefine 'subjective' and 'climate'.

The Parrot Killer

20-11-2023 22:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Climate cannot change.

Please explain.

Climate is a subjective description. It has no temperature. It has no precipitation. It has no values associated with of any kind. A desert climate is always a desert climate, even if a particular desert disappears and becomes a lush climate. A lush climate is always a lush climate.

There is no value associated with climate that can change. Climate cannot change.

Now you can start your word games trying to redefine 'subjective' and 'climate'.

Actually temperature is one of a climates variables, so all climates have a temperature. You are however free to disagree and to believe as you do that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

ULTRA MAGA

21-11-2023 19:16
(5197)
Temperature is also used for everything else. Doesn't define a climate. When does your global average climate ever resemble the polar regions? The tropics? Never... It's another worthless term your 'church' made up for you to chant mindlessly. Probably one of the few things seldom fukk up.
21-11-2023 19:17
(5197)
Temperature is also used for everything else. Doesn't define a climate. When does your global average climate ever resemble the polar regions? The tropics? Never... It's another worthless term your 'church' made up for you to chant mindlessly. Probably one of the few things seldom fukk up.
21-11-2023 19:43
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Swan wrote:

What climate? By what unit of measure?
21-11-2023 19:45
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Thank GOD for thettled thienth!
21-11-2023 19:51
(3314)
Swan wrote:
Global warming began 22,000 years ago and this is settled science. That said the science proves that fossil fuel burning did not begin the warming trend

WHOA! You're one OLDDDDDDDDD dude, Swan... Tell me what your secret is!

One always hears about the "settled science", but why never about the "shifting science"? I'm more interested in the exciting science that's keeps shifting around rather than the boring old "plain Jane" settled stuff.....
21-11-2023 19:52
(3314)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Climate cannot change.

Please explain.

Actually temperature is one of a climates variables, so all climates have a temperature. You are however free to disagree and to believe as you do that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

What is the temperature of Congress? What is the temperature of an office meeting?
22-11-2023 02:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:

The typical indicators of climate are the measures of, temperature, precipitation, humidity, wind speed and direction.

Any more third grade questions

ULTRA MAGA

22-11-2023 06:59
(21612)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Climate cannot change.

Please explain.

Climate has no temperature. The age of Earth is unknown.

The Parrot Killer

22-11-2023 07:02
(21612)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:

The typical indicators of climate are the measures of, temperature, precipitation, humidity, wind speed and direction.

Any more third grade questions

Climate has no 'indicators' or 'variables'. It has no values to measure. It has no temperature, no precipitation measurement, no humidity measurement, no wind speed measurement or direction measurement.

The Parrot Killer

22-11-2023 15:36
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:

One always hears about the "settled science", but why never about the "shifting science"? I'm more interested in the exciting science that's keeps shifting around rather than the boring old "plain Jane" settled stuff.....

So your claim is that anything that you or I did not see happen is not real. Take your meds

The Earths oldest rocks are 4,700,000,000 years old, and your agreement with this fact is just not needed, nor is your mother's belief that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

ULTRA MAGA

23-11-2023 02:17
(21612)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:

So your claim is that anything that you or I did not see happen is not real. Take your meds

He never said any such thing.
Swan wrote:
The Earths oldest rocks are 4,700,000,000 years old,
The age of Earth is unknown.
Swan wrote:
and your agreement with this fact is just not needed,

Not a fact. A speculation. Learn what 'fact' means. 'Fact' does not mean random numbers.
Swan wrote:
nor is your mother's belief that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

The age of Earth is unknown.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Worsening warming is hurting people in all regions, US climate assessment shows:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
People who prefer to write anonymously016-11-2023 22:50
The Netherlands is euthanizing autistic people. So why was it different when Hitler did the same028-06-2023 22:38
As I said, Quantum Experiment Shows How Einstein Was Wrong416-05-2023 21:31
POWER TO THE PEOPLE408-05-2023 00:47
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact