Remember me
▼ Content

What Might Help Coal

What Might Help Coal06-08-2021 15:48
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
A hydroelectric dam had to be shut down in California. Something people might not have thought of because the West is going dry.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-drought-forces-shutdown-historic-014437633.html
07-08-2021 18:34
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
With Lake Powell https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/2798a521-d45b-3070-b7c0-7f66b3f264a6/lake-powell-dips-to-historic.html, it feeds Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam https://www.azcentral.com/in-depth/news/local/arizona-environment/2021/05/27/hoover-dam-drought-water-levels-lake-mead/5134031001/. With the reservoir behind Hoover Dam clearly showing that its water level has significantly dropped, it's possible that in the West that more hydroelectric dams will have to be taken offline.
As is mentioned in the 2nd link, the water for hydroelectric dams is also used for residential and agricultural purposes.
Am sorry ya'all, am just bored. Who knows, maybe the research that I've been pursuing might allow for "clean" coal and improved sea water desalination. And that's just by improving the common solar panel. It would allow for energy to be removed from one source which would decrease the amount of energy necessary for the system in question to function. ie., decrease the amount of "new" energy into a system where;
p.s., if work is done on the system then it's q + (-w). A negative number is less than 0. Basically a better solar panel could recycle heat that changes the state of matter.

Attached image:

Edited on 07-08-2021 18:43
07-08-2021 19:29
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Why worry about California? They are just being punish for their wicked, nasty ways. It a sign from god, and a warning for all the other democrat states. They want to preserve their disgusting lifestyle choices, over survival. Instead of expending the time, money, and labor to manage their resources, and mitigate the impact, the just want to have 'fun', in the most perverse ways.
07-08-2021 20:04
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
The Hoover Dam also provides electricity of both Arizona and Nevada. And as someone mentioned, why try to create jobs in America? We simply don't need them. And if made in the USA, could they be exported? Who cares, right?
Kind of why I don't understand Americans. It was manufacturing that allowed for the Middle Class. And now that has been disappearing because jobs are being exported in too large of a number.

p.s., this image is from Florida. I think it's called "Twin Moons Over the Beach".

Attached image:

Edited on 07-08-2021 20:09
07-08-2021 21:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)

James___ wrote:A hydroelectric dam had to be shut down in California.

It might be a matter of interest if it were someplace with more credibility, like the peanut gallery, for example.

James___ wrote: Something people might not have thought of because the West is going dry.

It is inappropriate to blame Mother Nature for California's mandatory mismanagement.
Attached image:

07-08-2021 23:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

James___ wrote:A hydroelectric dam had to be shut down in California.

It might be a matter of interest if it were someplace with more credibility, like the peanut gallery, for example.

James___ wrote: Something people might not have thought of because the West is going dry.

It is inappropriate to blame Mother Nature for California's mandatory mismanagement.

I'm on about a lot more than just that. For all we know the thermohaline circulation is slowing as a result of tectonic plate rebound. And this is what's causing weather patterns in the western US to change.
To give you a clue as to how I think, I was in a desalination forum and made some friends with a couple of guys who live in Cairo, Egypt. I asked them what they thought life might be like in 4,000 years. They didn't understand the question.
And then I reminded them that 4,000 years ago Egyptians were building pyramids. And there are Egyptians today. So in the year 6,000 A.C.E., what will life be like on Earth? What you see now is the result of 4,000 years of change.
Simply put, we can shape the future.

Join the debate What Might Help Coal:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
Coal use climbs worldwide despite promises to slash it106-04-2023 08:21
coal2114-05-2022 20:04
The Future Of Energy Industry Is Magic Fusion Clean Coal, Not Renewables814-09-2020 23:54
Trump Sued Over New Coal Rules014-08-2019 02:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact