Remember me
▼ Content

coal


coal09-05-2022 12:12
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
Copy and paste out of Applying geoscience to Australia's most important challenges

Coal Resources
Coal is a fossil fuel of sedimentary origin that has formed by coalification of vegetation over millions of years. Black coal consists of the higher rank anthracite, bituminous and sub-bituminous coals. The lower rank brown coal is sometimes known as lignite. In Australia coal deposits occur in all States and the Northern Territory and range from 15 million to 225 million years old.

Coal is primarily used as a fuel to generate electricity and in Australia is used to produce about 80% of the nation's electricity requirements. A special type of coal used to produce coke for the steel making process and by-products of coke-making include coal tar, ammonia, lights oils and coal gas. Coal is used in cement manufacturing, food processing, paper manufacturing and alumina refineries.

Black coal was first discovered in Newcastle 1791 and coal mining and exports commenced soon after in 1799. These early coal mining activities made a significant contribution to the progress of European settlement in Australia. With the progressive spread of settlement to other locations in Australia lead to further discoveries and mining of black coal including the discovery of coal near Ipswich in 1825, at Cape Paterson in Victoria in 1826 and Irwin River in Western Australia in 1846. Knowledge of the existence of brown coal in Victoria dates back to 1857. The Yallourn North open-cut began production in 1889. Since the late 1700s about 9,100 million tonnes of black coal and about 2,300 million tonnes of brown coal have been mined and the Australian coal industry provides significant employment, capital investment and domestic and export income to the national economy.

Each year Geoscience Australia estimates the coal resources in Australia including the Economic Demonstrated Resources (EDR), Sub-Economics Resources and Inferred Resources. This estimate is published each year in Australia's Identified Mineral Resources (AIMR).

Australia has 6 per cent of the world's black coal EDR and ranks sixth behind USA (31 per cent), Russia (21 per cent), China (13 per cent), India (8 per cent) and South Africa (7 per cent). Australia has about 25 per cent of world recoverable brown coal EDR and is ranked first. Australia is a major producer and exporter of coal and in 2008 accounted for about 6% of the world's black coal production and ranked fourth largest producer after China (45 per cent), USA (18 per cent) and India (8 per cent). Australia accounted for about 8 per cent of the world's brown coal production and ranked fifth largest producer after Germany (20 per cent), China (11 per cent), USA (9 per cent), Russia (9 per cent) and Greece (8 per cent).

Pick the weevils out of that butt holes


duncan61
RE: And graphite is often the main ingredient.09-05-2022 20:58
sealover
★★★☆☆
(804)
And graphite is often the main ingredient.

This copy and paste information is correct, to the best of my limited knowledge.

Coal is NOT a hydrocarbon. Hydrocarbons are molecules comprised entirely of carbon and hydrogen.

Coal is a fossil fuel, although it certainly never underwent "fossilization", such as petrified wood, in which all the original carbon content has been replaced with silica.

Wood can be burned as fuel. Petrified wood is not fossil fuel, nor can it burn.

Typically, the main ingredient in coal is graphite.

Graphite is a very large molecule with a honey comb sheet structure.

The chemical formula for graphite is simply "C", because carbon is the only element present in the gigantic molecules in which every carbon atom is single bonded or double bonded to the carbon atoms next to it.

The honey comb appearance is because the carbon atoms form hexagonal six member ring structures, with benzene like properties.

The planar sheet structure of graphite, in which the layers of sheets are not bonded to each other, means that graphite breaks easily along flat planes.

Ever break a pencil lead? Nothing is holding those sheets together.

Coke can be derived from coal.

Coke is also removed from petroleum during refining, and used the same way that coal-derived coke is used.

Steel making is just one use for coke. The coke provide the organic carbon reductant to reduce ferric iron into zero valent iron.

Coke also use be used to make batteries, or fuel for locomotives.

The post below is accurate information about coal, the fossil fuel that is NOT a hydrocarbon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

duncan61 wrote:
Copy and paste out of Applying geoscience to Australia's most important challenges

Coal Resources
Coal is a fossil fuel of sedimentary origin that has formed by coalification of vegetation over millions of years. Black coal consists of the higher rank anthracite, bituminous and sub-bituminous coals. The lower rank brown coal is sometimes known as lignite. In Australia coal deposits occur in all States and the Northern Territory and range from 15 million to 225 million years old.

Coal is primarily used as a fuel to generate electricity and in Australia is used to produce about 80% of the nation's electricity requirements. A special type of coal used to produce coke for the steel making process and by-products of coke-making include coal tar, ammonia, lights oils and coal gas. Coal is used in cement manufacturing, food processing, paper manufacturing and alumina refineries.

Black coal was first discovered in Newcastle 1791 and coal mining and exports commenced soon after in 1799. These early coal mining activities made a significant contribution to the progress of European settlement in Australia. With the progressive spread of settlement to other locations in Australia lead to further discoveries and mining of black coal including the discovery of coal near Ipswich in 1825, at Cape Paterson in Victoria in 1826 and Irwin River in Western Australia in 1846. Knowledge of the existence of brown coal in Victoria dates back to 1857. The Yallourn North open-cut began production in 1889. Since the late 1700s about 9,100 million tonnes of black coal and about 2,300 million tonnes of brown coal have been mined and the Australian coal industry provides significant employment, capital investment and domestic and export income to the national economy.

Each year Geoscience Australia estimates the coal resources in Australia including the Economic Demonstrated Resources (EDR), Sub-Economics Resources and Inferred Resources. This estimate is published each year in Australia's Identified Mineral Resources (AIMR).

Australia has 6 per cent of the world's black coal EDR and ranks sixth behind USA (31 per cent), Russia (21 per cent), China (13 per cent), India (8 per cent) and South Africa (7 per cent). Australia has about 25 per cent of world recoverable brown coal EDR and is ranked first. Australia is a major producer and exporter of coal and in 2008 accounted for about 6% of the world's black coal production and ranked fourth largest producer after China (45 per cent), USA (18 per cent) and India (8 per cent). Australia accounted for about 8 per cent of the world's brown coal production and ranked fifth largest producer after Germany (20 per cent), China (11 per cent), USA (9 per cent), Russia (9 per cent) and Greece (8 per cent).

Pick the weevils out of that butt holes
RE: Clarification: Pig iron versus carbon steel09-05-2022 21:07
sealover
★★★☆☆
(804)
sealover wrote:
And graphite is often the main ingredient.

This copy and paste information is correct, to the best of my limited knowledge.

Coal is NOT a hydrocarbon. Hydrocarbons are molecules comprised entirely of carbon and hydrogen.

Coal is a fossil fuel, although it certainly never underwent "fossilization", such as petrified wood, in which all the original carbon content has been replaced with silica.

Wood can be burned as fuel. Petrified wood is not fossil fuel, nor can it burn.

Typically, the main ingredient in coal is graphite.

Graphite is a very large molecule with a honey comb sheet structure.

The chemical formula for graphite is simply "C", because carbon is the only element present in the gigantic molecules in which every carbon atom is single bonded or double bonded to the carbon atoms next to it.

The honey comb appearance is because the carbon atoms form hexagonal six member ring structures, with benzene like properties.

The planar sheet structure of graphite, in which the layers of sheets are not bonded to each other, means that graphite breaks easily along flat planes.

Ever break a pencil lead? Nothing is holding those sheets together.

Coke can be derived from coal.

Coke is also removed from petroleum during refining, and used the same way that coal-derived coke is used.

Steel making is just one use for coke. The coke provide the organic carbon reductant to reduce ferric iron into zero valent iron.

Coke also use be used to make batteries, or fuel for locomotives.

The post below is accurate information about coal, the fossil fuel that is NOT a hydrocarbon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

duncan61 wrote:
Copy and paste out of Applying geoscience to Australia's most important challenges

Coal Resources
Coal is a fossil fuel of sedimentary origin that has formed by coalification of vegetation over millions of years. Black coal consists of the higher rank anthracite, bituminous and sub-bituminous coals. The lower rank brown coal is sometimes known as lignite. In Australia coal deposits occur in all States and the Northern Territory and range from 15 million to 225 million years old.

Coal is primarily used as a fuel to generate electricity and in Australia is used to produce about 80% of the nation's electricity requirements. A special type of coal used to produce coke for the steel making process and by-products of coke-making include coal tar, ammonia, lights oils and coal gas. Coal is used in cement manufacturing, food processing, paper manufacturing and alumina refineries.

Black coal was first discovered in Newcastle 1791 and coal mining and exports commenced soon after in 1799. These early coal mining activities made a significant contribution to the progress of European settlement in Australia. With the progressive spread of settlement to other locations in Australia lead to further discoveries and mining of black coal including the discovery of coal near Ipswich in 1825, at Cape Paterson in Victoria in 1826 and Irwin River in Western Australia in 1846. Knowledge of the existence of brown coal in Victoria dates back to 1857. The Yallourn North open-cut began production in 1889. Since the late 1700s about 9,100 million tonnes of black coal and about 2,300 million tonnes of brown coal have been mined and the Australian coal industry provides significant employment, capital investment and domestic and export income to the national economy.

Each year Geoscience Australia estimates the coal resources in Australia including the Economic Demonstrated Resources (EDR), Sub-Economics Resources and Inferred Resources. This estimate is published each year in Australia's Identified Mineral Resources (AIMR).

Australia has 6 per cent of the world's black coal EDR and ranks sixth behind USA (31 per cent), Russia (21 per cent), China (13 per cent), India (8 per cent) and South Africa (7 per cent). Australia has about 25 per cent of world recoverable brown coal EDR and is ranked first. Australia is a major producer and exporter of coal and in 2008 accounted for about 6% of the world's black coal production and ranked fourth largest producer after China (45 per cent), USA (18 per cent) and India (8 per cent). Australia accounted for about 8 per cent of the world's brown coal production and ranked fifth largest producer after Germany (20 per cent), China (11 per cent), USA (9 per cent), Russia (9 per cent) and Greece (8 per cent).

Pick the weevils out of that butt holes


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pig iron versus carbon steel.

Iron ore, comprised of ferric iron (oxy)hydroxides must be reduced to zero valent iron to be useful as metal.

Some tribes in Africa made pig iron this way while Eurasia was still in the Bronze Age.

Organic carbon is used as reductant under high temperature conditions. This carbon is oxidized to CO2 as the ferric iron is reduced to zero valent pig iron.

Carbon steel is made by incorporating the organic carbon in coke into the metal structure, as organic carbon.

These carbon don't get oxidized to CO2, but rather remain as organic (not oxidized) carbon atoms surrounded by iron atoms in the solid matrix.
RE: Petroleum coke still used for batteries, but not to fuel steam engines.09-05-2022 21:46
sealover
★★★☆☆
(804)
Petroleum coke still used for batteries, but not to fuel steam engines.

Self correction again.

Coke, derived from coal or petroleum, was used as fuel for steam engines, not for locomotives.

Petroleum coke is STILL used to make new generation batteries.

"The batteries for these EVs are likely to be made with anode material produced from petroleum coke, either needle coke or very low-sulphur sponge coke."

This quote is the top listed result for a Google search of the keywords:

"is coke used to make batteries"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sealover wrote:
sealover wrote:
And graphite is often the main ingredient.

This copy and paste information is correct, to the best of my limited knowledge.

Coal is NOT a hydrocarbon. Hydrocarbons are molecules comprised entirely of carbon and hydrogen.

Coal is a fossil fuel, although it certainly never underwent "fossilization", such as petrified wood, in which all the original carbon content has been replaced with silica.

Wood can be burned as fuel. Petrified wood is not fossil fuel, nor can it burn.

Typically, the main ingredient in coal is graphite.

Graphite is a very large molecule with a honey comb sheet structure.

The chemical formula for graphite is simply "C", because carbon is the only element present in the gigantic molecules in which every carbon atom is single bonded or double bonded to the carbon atoms next to it.

The honey comb appearance is because the carbon atoms form hexagonal six member ring structures, with benzene like properties.

The planar sheet structure of graphite, in which the layers of sheets are not bonded to each other, means that graphite breaks easily along flat planes.

Ever break a pencil lead? Nothing is holding those sheets together.

Coke can be derived from coal.

Coke is also removed from petroleum during refining, and used the same way that coal-derived coke is used.

Steel making is just one use for coke. The coke provide the organic carbon reductant to reduce ferric iron into zero valent iron.

Coke also use be used to make batteries, or fuel for locomotives.

The post below is accurate information about coal, the fossil fuel that is NOT a hydrocarbon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

duncan61 wrote:
Copy and paste out of Applying geoscience to Australia's most important challenges

Coal Resources
Coal is a fossil fuel of sedimentary origin that has formed by coalification of vegetation over millions of years. Black coal consists of the higher rank anthracite, bituminous and sub-bituminous coals. The lower rank brown coal is sometimes known as lignite. In Australia coal deposits occur in all States and the Northern Territory and range from 15 million to 225 million years old.

Coal is primarily used as a fuel to generate electricity and in Australia is used to produce about 80% of the nation's electricity requirements. A special type of coal used to produce coke for the steel making process and by-products of coke-making include coal tar, ammonia, lights oils and coal gas. Coal is used in cement manufacturing, food processing, paper manufacturing and alumina refineries.

Black coal was first discovered in Newcastle 1791 and coal mining and exports commenced soon after in 1799. These early coal mining activities made a significant contribution to the progress of European settlement in Australia. With the progressive spread of settlement to other locations in Australia lead to further discoveries and mining of black coal including the discovery of coal near Ipswich in 1825, at Cape Paterson in Victoria in 1826 and Irwin River in Western Australia in 1846. Knowledge of the existence of brown coal in Victoria dates back to 1857. The Yallourn North open-cut began production in 1889. Since the late 1700s about 9,100 million tonnes of black coal and about 2,300 million tonnes of brown coal have been mined and the Australian coal industry provides significant employment, capital investment and domestic and export income to the national economy.

Each year Geoscience Australia estimates the coal resources in Australia including the Economic Demonstrated Resources (EDR), Sub-Economics Resources and Inferred Resources. This estimate is published each year in Australia's Identified Mineral Resources (AIMR).

Australia has 6 per cent of the world's black coal EDR and ranks sixth behind USA (31 per cent), Russia (21 per cent), China (13 per cent), India (8 per cent) and South Africa (7 per cent). Australia has about 25 per cent of world recoverable brown coal EDR and is ranked first. Australia is a major producer and exporter of coal and in 2008 accounted for about 6% of the world's black coal production and ranked fourth largest producer after China (45 per cent), USA (18 per cent) and India (8 per cent). Australia accounted for about 8 per cent of the world's brown coal production and ranked fifth largest producer after Germany (20 per cent), China (11 per cent), USA (9 per cent), Russia (9 per cent) and Greece (8 per cent).

Pick the weevils out of that butt holes


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pig iron versus carbon steel.

Iron ore, comprised of ferric iron (oxy)hydroxides must be reduced to zero valent iron to be useful as metal.

Some tribes in Africa made pig iron this way while Eurasia was still in the Bronze Age.

Organic carbon is used as reductant under high temperature conditions. This carbon is oxidized to CO2 as the ferric iron is reduced to zero valent pig iron.

Carbon steel is made by incorporating the organic carbon in coke into the metal structure, as organic carbon.

These carbon don't get oxidized to CO2, but rather remain as organic (not oxidized) carbon atoms surrounded by iron atoms in the solid matrix.
10-05-2022 00:52
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2211)
duncan61 wrote:
Copy and paste out of Applying geoscience to Australia's most important challenges

Coal Resources
Coal is a fossil fuel of sedimentary origin that has formed by coalification of vegetation over millions of years. Black coal consists of the higher rank anthracite, bituminous and sub-bituminous coals. The lower rank brown coal is sometimes known as lignite. In Australia coal deposits occur in all States and the Northern Territory and range from 15 million to 225 million years old.

Coal is primarily used as a fuel to generate electricity and in Australia is used to produce about 80% of the nation's electricity requirements. A special type of coal used to produce coke for the steel making process and by-products of coke-making include coal tar, ammonia, lights oils and coal gas. Coal is used in cement manufacturing, food processing, paper manufacturing and alumina refineries.

Black coal was first discovered in Newcastle 1791 and coal mining and exports commenced soon after in 1799. These early coal mining activities made a significant contribution to the progress of European settlement in Australia. With the progressive spread of settlement to other locations in Australia lead to further discoveries and mining of black coal including the discovery of coal near Ipswich in 1825, at Cape Paterson in Victoria in 1826 and Irwin River in Western Australia in 1846. Knowledge of the existence of brown coal in Victoria dates back to 1857. The Yallourn North open-cut began production in 1889. Since the late 1700s about 9,100 million tonnes of black coal and about 2,300 million tonnes of brown coal have been mined and the Australian coal industry provides significant employment, capital investment and domestic and export income to the national economy.

Each year Geoscience Australia estimates the coal resources in Australia including the Economic Demonstrated Resources (EDR), Sub-Economics Resources and Inferred Resources. This estimate is published each year in Australia's Identified Mineral Resources (AIMR).

Australia has 6 per cent of the world's black coal EDR and ranks sixth behind USA (31 per cent), Russia (21 per cent), China (13 per cent), India (8 per cent) and South Africa (7 per cent). Australia has about 25 per cent of world recoverable brown coal EDR and is ranked first. Australia is a major producer and exporter of coal and in 2008 accounted for about 6% of the world's black coal production and ranked fourth largest producer after China (45 per cent), USA (18 per cent) and India (8 per cent). Australia accounted for about 8 per cent of the world's brown coal production and ranked fifth largest producer after Germany (20 per cent), China (11 per cent), USA (9 per cent), Russia (9 per cent) and Greece (8 per cent).

Pick the weevils out of that butt holes


What are you trying to say or did you just discover coal???????????
10-05-2022 03:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19383)
duncan61 wrote:
Copy and paste out of Applying geoscience to Australia's most important challenges

Coal Resources
Coal is a fossil fuel

Coal is not a fossil. Coal is carbon.
sealover wrote:
of sedimentary origin

How do you know? Were you there?
sealover wrote:
that has formed by coalification of vegetation over millions of years.

How do you know? Were you there? Omniscience fallacies.
sealover wrote:
Black coal consists of the higher rank anthracite, bituminous and sub-bituminous coals. The lower rank brown coal is sometimes known as lignite.

Fine.
sealover wrote:
In Australia coal deposits occur in all States and the Northern Territory and range from 15 million to 225 million years old.

How do you know? Were you there?
sealover wrote:
Coal is primarily used as a fuel to generate electricity and in Australia is used to produce about 80% of the nation's electricity requirements. A special type of coal used to produce coke for the steel making process and by-products of coke-making include coal tar, ammonia, lights oils and coal gas. Coal is used in cement manufacturing, food processing, paper manufacturing and alumina refineries.

Black coal was first discovered in Newcastle 1791 and coal mining and exports commenced soon after in 1799. These early coal mining activities made a significant contribution to the progress of European settlement in Australia. With the progressive spread of settlement to other locations in Australia lead to further discoveries and mining of black coal including the discovery of coal near Ipswich in 1825, at Cape Paterson in Victoria in 1826 and Irwin River in Western Australia in 1846. Knowledge of the existence of brown coal in Victoria dates back to 1857. The Yallourn North open-cut began production in 1889. Since the late 1700s about 9,100 million tonnes of black coal and about 2,300 million tonnes of brown coal have been mined and the Australian coal industry provides significant employment, capital investment and domestic and export income to the national economy.

Each year Geoscience Australia estimates the coal resources in Australia including the Economic Demonstrated Resources (EDR), Sub-Economics Resources and Inferred Resources. This estimate is published each year in Australia's Identified Mineral Resources (AIMR).

Australia has 6 per cent of the world's black coal EDR and ranks sixth behind USA (31 per cent), Russia (21 per cent), China (13 per cent), India (8 per cent) and South Africa (7 per cent). Australia has about 25 per cent of world recoverable brown coal EDR and is ranked first. Australia is a major producer and exporter of coal and in 2008 accounted for about 6% of the world's black coal production and ranked fourth largest producer after China (45 per cent), USA (18 per cent) and India (8 per cent). Australia accounted for about 8 per cent of the world's brown coal production and ranked fifth largest producer after Germany (20 per cent), China (11 per cent), USA (9 per cent), Russia (9 per cent) and Greece (8 per cent).

Pick the weevils out of that butt holes

Just did.

Cut and pasting is not an argument. It is just mindlessly cutting and pasting.

Incomplete argument. Void conclusion.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-05-2022 03:41
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
You asked for an explanation of where coal comes from.That is from Australian geoscience.Is claiming copy and paste is no good all you got
10-05-2022 03:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19383)
sealover wrote:
And graphite is often the main ingredient.

Graphite is not the main form of carbon in coal.
sealover wrote:
This copy and paste information is correct, to the best of my limited knowledge.

Coal is NOT a hydrocarbon. Hydrocarbons are molecules comprised entirely of carbon and hydrogen.

Coal is a fossil fuel,

I will call this argument 1). Coal is not a fossil. It is carbon.
sealover wrote:
although it certainly never underwent "fossilization", such as petrified wood, in which all the original carbon content has been replaced with silica.

Wood can be burned as fuel. Petrified wood is not fossil fuel, nor can it burn.

I will call this argument 2). You are now locked in paradox. You are being irrational.
sealover wrote:
Typically, the main ingredient in coal is graphite.

Graphite is a very large molecule with a honey comb sheet structure.

Coal is not graphite.
sealover wrote:
The chemical formula for graphite is simply "C", because carbon is the only element present in the gigantic molecules in which every carbon atom is single bonded or double bonded to the carbon atoms next to it.

Coal is not graphite.
sealover wrote:
The honey comb appearance is because the carbon atoms form hexagonal six member ring structures, with benzene like properties.

The planar sheet structure of graphite, in which the layers of sheets are not bonded to each other, means that graphite breaks easily along flat planes.

Coal is not graphite.
sealover wrote:
Ever break a pencil lead? Nothing is holding those sheets together.

Pencil lead is not graphite. It contains graphite, but it is not graphite. Pencil lead is graphite mixed with clay as a binder. Depending on the mix, you can get various hardnesses of pencil lead. Common No. 2 pencil lead is rated HB hardness.
sealover wrote:
Coke can be derived from coal.

Coke is also removed from petroleum during refining, and used the same way that coal-derived coke is used.

Coke is not removed from petroleum during refining. You CAN make coke out of petroleum though.
sealover wrote:
Steel making is just one use for coke. The coke provide the organic carbon reductant to reduce ferric iron into zero valent iron.

Carbon is not organic. There is no such thing as 'ferric iron'. Gibber babble.
sealover wrote:
Coke also use be used to make batteries,

Coke is not used in any commercially available battery.
sealover wrote:
or fuel for locomotives.

Diesel-electric locomotives use diesel oil. Some older engines used coal to fire an external combustion engine (steam engine in this case). They didn't use coke. Too expensive and unnecessary. Some of them used wood. Solid firebox type locomotives used either. The railway I worked on used diesel oil fired steam locomotives.
sealover wrote:
The post below is accurate information about coal, the fossil fuel that is NOT a hydrocarbon.

Coal is not a fossil. Fossils are not used as fuel. Fossils don't burn.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-05-2022 03:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19383)
sealover wrote:
Petroleum coke still used for batteries,

No commercially available battery uses coke.
sealover wrote:
but not to fuel steam engines.

Self correction again.

So you finally agree to this. However, I will call this argument 1.
sealover wrote:
Coke, derived from coal or petroleum, was used as fuel for steam engines, not for locomotives.

I will call this argument 2. You are now locked in another paradox. Irrational.
sealover wrote:
Petroleum coke is STILL used to make new generation batteries.

No commercially available battery has coke in it.
sealover wrote:
"The batteries for these EVs are likely to be made with anode material produced from petroleum coke, either needle coke or very low-sulphur sponge coke."

This quote is the top listed result for a Google search of the keywords:

"is coke used to make batteries"

Misquote. Try again.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-05-2022 04:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19383)
duncan61 wrote:
You asked for an explanation of where coal comes from.

I never did. Hallucination.
duncan61 wrote:
That is from Australian geoscience.Is claiming copy and paste is no good all you got

Neither a magazine nor cut and pasting is a proof. False authority fallacy. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-05-2022 07:55
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12612)
duncan61 wrote:Is claiming copy and paste is no good all you got

It's all that is needed. If all you got is copy-paste, then you are broadcasting that you are impotent to provide any of your own analysis and that you don't have any clue as to whether what you copy-pasted is even correct.

Only copy-paste = mindlessness = having others do your thinking for you = Why are you bothering the conversation at the adults' table?

duncan61 wrote: You asked for an explanation of where coal comes from.

Into the Night simply pointed out that no one has ever witnessed the formation of any fossils or of any coal. Strangely, you seem to disagree with this. You simply believe whatever you read by people claiming omniscience ... because you are gullible in that way. If Pete Rogers tells you that gravity is generating heat because English tenses are interchangeable, you rush to embrace the gibber-babble. Then someone writes in a magazine how totally unobserved events occurred thousands to millions of years ago and you rush to embrace the gibber-babble. You never question any WACKY theory, but you rush to insult those who try to help you see through gibber-babble.

You are very gullible and you believe WACKY schytt. Enjoy!

.
10-05-2022 09:54
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
Geoscience Australia is an agency of the Australian Government. It carries out geoscientific research. The agency is the government's technical adviser on all aspects of geoscience, and custodian of the geographic and geological data and knowledge of the nation.I did not get it from a magazine

Why do I believe these guys and not you pair of nitwits.Are you daring to suggest they are wrong and you are right.I agree ITN you did not ask for an explanation of how coal formed but you say you do not know but Geoscience Australia claims to know.Is geology a buzzword.After 200 years of sampling and testing do they have nothing?
10-05-2022 10:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12612)
duncan61 wrote:Geoscience Australia is an agency of the Australian Government.

Let me guess, they are omniscient. You know this because they told you so.

duncan61 wrote:It carries out geoscientific research.

You don't even know what that means. I pity you.

One outward sign of your dishonesty is your refusal to answer questions posed to you. You EVADE because you know that your answers will reveal that you are as dumb as a door nail. Watch.

Duncan, suppose I have a large pile of geological research that I want to separate into two separate piles, pile A of geoscientific research and pile B of regular, normal geological research.

I pick up the first page and examine it. What do I look for specifically to determine if that paper should go into pile A or into pile B?

Yes, you are gullible.

duncan61 wrote:The agency is the government's technical adviser on all aspects of geoscience, and custodian of the geographic and geological data and knowledge of the nation.

So, because it is a government agency that gives itself numerous titles, it naturally transforms into an inerrant organization with magickal superpowers of omniscience ... and of course it has absolutely no political agenda whatsoever.

Yes, you are gullible ... like a two-year-old.

duncan61 wrote:Why do I believe these guys and not you pair of nitwits.

I have already covered this numerous times. You are exceedingly gullible and will readily believe the wackiest crap, to include that your government is omniscient and without any political agenda ... while you attack those who try to help you with science, math, logic and rational thinking.

Your problem is that you get butt-hurt over having to be corrected, which happens often because you take great pride in being as stupid as a bag of gravel. As a result, you will bend over for anyone who is willing to stroke your ego and tell you that you are thoooo thmart.

You are an idiot most of the time. You are less of an idiot when you are not posting anything.

duncan61 wrote:Are you daring to suggest they are wrong and you are right.

Oh, bring it on, baby! Yes, anywhere they disagree with me, they are wrong and they are simply manipulating their people per their political agenda. They are successful to the extent that Australians, such as you, are gullible.

Tell me, how successful are they?

duncan61 wrote:... you say you do not know but Geoscience Australia claims to know.

Correct. They claim to be omniscient and to be able to travel through time ... and you won't question anything they tell you, you won't ever call boooolsch't, you will just bend over as ordered and you will attack anyone who tries to help you.

You are gullible.

duncan61 wrote:Is geology a buzzword.

"geoscientific" is a buzzword. I'm waiting for you to answer my question above. If you don't answer my question, I'll have all the answer I need.

duncan61 wrote:After 200 years of sampling and testing do they have nothing?

After a lifetime of gullibly believing everything the government tells you to believe, are you now a science genius?

Watching you try to mock others is absolutely hilarious. You need to be a bit smarter than you are to do that effectively.
Attached image:


Edited on 10-05-2022 10:44
10-05-2022 13:29
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2211)
Into the Night wrote:
sealover wrote:
And graphite is often the main ingredient.

Graphite is not the main form of carbon in coal.
sealover wrote:
This copy and paste information is correct, to the best of my limited knowledge.

Coal is NOT a hydrocarbon. Hydrocarbons are molecules comprised entirely of carbon and hydrogen.

Coal is a fossil fuel,

I will call this argument 1). Coal is not a fossil. It is carbon.
sealover wrote:
although it certainly never underwent "fossilization", such as petrified wood, in which all the original carbon content has been replaced with silica.

Wood can be burned as fuel. Petrified wood is not fossil fuel, nor can it burn.

I will call this argument 2). You are now locked in paradox. You are being irrational.
sealover wrote:
Typically, the main ingredient in coal is graphite.

Graphite is a very large molecule with a honey comb sheet structure.

Coal is not graphite.
sealover wrote:
The chemical formula for graphite is simply "C", because carbon is the only element present in the gigantic molecules in which every carbon atom is single bonded or double bonded to the carbon atoms next to it.

Coal is not graphite.
sealover wrote:
The honey comb appearance is because the carbon atoms form hexagonal six member ring structures, with benzene like properties.

The planar sheet structure of graphite, in which the layers of sheets are not bonded to each other, means that graphite breaks easily along flat planes.

Coal is not graphite.
sealover wrote:
Ever break a pencil lead? Nothing is holding those sheets together.

Pencil lead is not graphite. It contains graphite, but it is not graphite. Pencil lead is graphite mixed with clay as a binder. Depending on the mix, you can get various hardnesses of pencil lead. Common No. 2 pencil lead is rated HB hardness.
sealover wrote:
Coke can be derived from coal.

Coke is also removed from petroleum during refining, and used the same way that coal-derived coke is used.

Coke is not removed from petroleum during refining. You CAN make coke out of petroleum though.
sealover wrote:
Steel making is just one use for coke. The coke provide the organic carbon reductant to reduce ferric iron into zero valent iron.

Carbon is not organic. There is no such thing as 'ferric iron'. Gibber babble.
sealover wrote:
Coke also use be used to make batteries,

Coke is not used in any commercially available battery.
sealover wrote:
or fuel for locomotives.

Diesel-electric locomotives use diesel oil. Some older engines used coal to fire an external combustion engine (steam engine in this case). They didn't use coke. Too expensive and unnecessary. Some of them used wood. Solid firebox type locomotives used either. The railway I worked on used diesel oil fired steam locomotives.
sealover wrote:
The post below is accurate information about coal, the fossil fuel that is NOT a hydrocarbon.

Coal is not a fossil. Fossils are not used as fuel. Fossils don't burn.


Well at least you know that you are a bird brain
10-05-2022 16:13
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:Geoscience Australia is an agency of the Australian Government.

Let me guess, they are omniscient. You know this because they told you so.

duncan61 wrote:It carries out geoscientific research.

You don't even know what that means. I pity you.

One outward sign of your dishonesty is your refusal to answer questions posed to you. You EVADE because you know that your answers will reveal that you are as dumb as a door nail. Watch.

Duncan, suppose I have a large pile of geological research that I want to separate into two separate piles, pile A of geoscientific research and pile B of regular, normal geological research.

I pick up the first page and examine it. What do I look for specifically to determine if that paper should go into pile A or into pile B?

Yes, you are gullible.

duncan61 wrote:The agency is the government's technical adviser on all aspects of geoscience, and custodian of the geographic and geological data and knowledge of the nation.

So, because it is a government agency that gives itself numerous titles, it naturally transforms into an inerrant organization with magickal superpowers of omniscience ... and of course it has absolutely no political agenda whatsoever.

Yes, you are gullible ... like a two-year-old.

duncan61 wrote:Why do I believe these guys and not you pair of nitwits.

I have already covered this numerous times. You are exceedingly gullible and will readily believe the wackiest crap, to include that your government is omniscient and without any political agenda ... while you attack those who try to help you with science, math, logic and rational thinking.

Your problem is that you get butt-hurt over having to be corrected, which happens often because you take great pride in being as stupid as a bag of gravel. As a result, you will bend over for anyone who is willing to stroke your ego and tell you that you are thoooo thmart.

You are an idiot most of the time. You are less of an idiot when you are not posting anything.

duncan61 wrote:Are you daring to suggest they are wrong and you are right.

Oh, bring it on, baby! Yes, anywhere they disagree with me, they are wrong and they are simply manipulating their people per their political agenda. They are successful to the extent that Australians, such as you, are gullible.

Tell me, how successful are they?

duncan61 wrote:... you say you do not know but Geoscience Australia claims to know.

Correct. They claim to be omniscient and to be able to travel through time ... and you won't question anything they tell you, you won't ever call boooolsch't, you will just bend over as ordered and you will attack anyone who tries to help you.

You are gullible.

duncan61 wrote:Is geology a buzzword.

"geoscientific" is a buzzword. I'm waiting for you to answer my question above. If you don't answer my question, I'll have all the answer I need.

duncan61 wrote:After 200 years of sampling and testing do they have nothing?

After a lifetime of gullibly believing everything the government tells you to believe, are you now a science genius?

Watching you try to mock others is absolutely hilarious. You need to be a bit smarter than you are to do that effectively.


Most of your post makes no sense at all.Its like you are a politician screaming down the other side.It makes you out to be a bit obsessed.Why are there 2 piles now.Coal comes from the ground.It was formed by geological processes.Where is this heat from gravity coming from.When did that start.You are the only person I know that thinks that happened.I have answered pile A and B.put it all in one place its called research


duncan61
10-05-2022 19:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19383)
duncan61 wrote:
Geoscience Australia is an agency of the Australian Government. It carries out geoscientific research. The agency is the government's technical adviser on all aspects of geoscience, and custodian of the geographic and geological data and knowledge of the nation.I did not get it from a magazine

Cutting and pasting is mindless, regardless of where you cut from. False authority fallacy.
duncan61 wrote:
Why do I believe these guys and not you pair of nitwits.Are you daring to suggest they are wrong and you are right.

They are wrong for making such a bold statement. They don't know what happened, and neither do you.
duncan61 wrote:
I agree ITN you did not ask for an explanation of how coal formed but you say you do not know but Geoscience Australia claims to know.

They don't. They don't have a time machine. They have made an omniscience fallacy. You have made a false authority fallacy (and an omniscience fallacy by claiming their argument, mindlessly). Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).
duncan61 wrote:
Is geology a buzzword.

This isn't geology. It is religion. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).
duncan61 wrote:
After 200 years of sampling and testing do they have nothing?

That is correct. They have nothing. Sampling and testing is not capable of observing an unobserved event. It is not a time machine.

Obviously you believe in The Data.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-05-2022 19:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19383)
duncan61 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:Geoscience Australia is an agency of the Australian Government.

Let me guess, they are omniscient. You know this because they told you so.

duncan61 wrote:It carries out geoscientific research.

You don't even know what that means. I pity you.

One outward sign of your dishonesty is your refusal to answer questions posed to you. You EVADE because you know that your answers will reveal that you are as dumb as a door nail. Watch.

Duncan, suppose I have a large pile of geological research that I want to separate into two separate piles, pile A of geoscientific research and pile B of regular, normal geological research.

I pick up the first page and examine it. What do I look for specifically to determine if that paper should go into pile A or into pile B?

Yes, you are gullible.

duncan61 wrote:The agency is the government's technical adviser on all aspects of geoscience, and custodian of the geographic and geological data and knowledge of the nation.

So, because it is a government agency that gives itself numerous titles, it naturally transforms into an inerrant organization with magickal superpowers of omniscience ... and of course it has absolutely no political agenda whatsoever.

Yes, you are gullible ... like a two-year-old.

duncan61 wrote:Why do I believe these guys and not you pair of nitwits.

I have already covered this numerous times. You are exceedingly gullible and will readily believe the wackiest crap, to include that your government is omniscient and without any political agenda ... while you attack those who try to help you with science, math, logic and rational thinking.

Your problem is that you get butt-hurt over having to be corrected, which happens often because you take great pride in being as stupid as a bag of gravel. As a result, you will bend over for anyone who is willing to stroke your ego and tell you that you are thoooo thmart.

You are an idiot most of the time. You are less of an idiot when you are not posting anything.

duncan61 wrote:Are you daring to suggest they are wrong and you are right.

Oh, bring it on, baby! Yes, anywhere they disagree with me, they are wrong and they are simply manipulating their people per their political agenda. They are successful to the extent that Australians, such as you, are gullible.

Tell me, how successful are they?

duncan61 wrote:... you say you do not know but Geoscience Australia claims to know.

Correct. They claim to be omniscient and to be able to travel through time ... and you won't question anything they tell you, you won't ever call boooolsch't, you will just bend over as ordered and you will attack anyone who tries to help you.

You are gullible.

duncan61 wrote:Is geology a buzzword.

"geoscientific" is a buzzword. I'm waiting for you to answer my question above. If you don't answer my question, I'll have all the answer I need.

duncan61 wrote:After 200 years of sampling and testing do they have nothing?

After a lifetime of gullibly believing everything the government tells you to believe, are you now a science genius?

Watching you try to mock others is absolutely hilarious. You need to be a bit smarter than you are to do that effectively.


Most of your post makes no sense at all.Its like you are a politician screaming down the other side.It makes you out to be a bit obsessed.Why are there 2 piles now.Coal comes from the ground.It was formed by geological processes.Where is this heat from gravity coming from.When did that start.You are the only person I know that thinks that happened.I have answered pile A and B.put it all in one place its called research

Gravity is not heat. Religion isn't research. Semantics fallacy. Omniscience fallacy. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-05-2022 23:03
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
Gravity is not heat. Religion isn't research. Semantics fallacy. Omniscience fallacy. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).

What does this post mean? Looks like a cop out to me
12-05-2022 00:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19383)
duncan61 wrote:
Gravity is not heat. Religion isn't research. Semantics fallacy. Omniscience fallacy. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).

What does this post mean? Looks like a cop out to me


You attempted to call gravity heat.
You attempted to call religion research.
You attempted to play word games.
You attempted to speak for others.
You attempted to prove a circular argument True.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-05-2022 07:48
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Gravity is not heat. Religion isn't research. Semantics fallacy. Omniscience fallacy. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).

What does this post mean? Looks like a cop out to me


You attempted to call gravity heat.
You attempted to call religion research.
You attempted to play word games.
You attempted to speak for others.
You attempted to prove a circular argument True.


Where are you getting this gravity/heat connection.


duncan61
14-05-2022 07:58
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12612)
duncan61 wrote:Where are you getting this gravity/heat connection.

From your many accolades to Pete Rogers for his posts that "make perfect sense."

On multiple occasions, Pete Rogers attempted to show how gravity became additional energy (through "negative work") which thusly increased the earth's average global temperature by roughly 30 degrees Celsius. I would respond to your posts with relevant quotes from Pete Rogers posts and you always rationalized Pete Rogers' claims as making perfect sense.

Now you are playing coy and pretending that you never fawned over the WACKY crap that Pete Rogers was spouting. Once again you are being highly dishonest.
14-05-2022 20:04
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19383)
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Gravity is not heat. Religion isn't research. Semantics fallacy. Omniscience fallacy. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).

What does this post mean? Looks like a cop out to me


You attempted to call gravity heat.
You attempted to call religion research.
You attempted to play word games.
You attempted to speak for others.
You attempted to prove a circular argument True.


Where are you getting this gravity/heat connection.

Your own post. Are you going to deny your own argument now??


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan




Join the debate coal:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
What Might Help Coal507-08-2021 23:20
The Future Of Energy Industry Is Magic Fusion Clean Coal, Not Renewables814-09-2020 23:54
Trump Sued Over New Coal Rules014-08-2019 02:37
Why Is China Placing A Global Bet On Coal?030-04-2019 06:14
Do you think I am China coal lobbiest?2028-04-2019 16:34
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact