Remember me
▼ Content

water supply


water supply20-01-2021 07:29
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
I went to the Water Corporation website to make some enquiries in to an up coming project and there is a whole section on climate change and how its not raining any more and we are all going to die.Fascinating stuff.I went to Mundaring weir which is one of our main water storage dams and its full up.Go figure


duncan61
20-01-2021 10:28
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3400)
duncan61 wrote:
I went to the Water Corporation website to make some enquiries in to an up coming project and there is a whole section on climate change and how its not raining any more and we are all going to die.Fascinating stuff.I went to Mundaring weir which is one of our main water storage dams and its full up.Go figure


Yeah, it does rain where and when some people want, so it's a problem. In the past people performed strange rituals, or scamster sold miracles. Like right now, we are into the 'dry' season. California is starting massive forest fires again, to celebrate, or maybe see how much 'free' money, Biden will pass out, to help them through their annual 'crisis'. In about 4 months, we'll be starting the 'wet' season, with torrential rain, and flooding in some states. The changing seasons, are predictable, happen every year. Never known, how mild, or severe. Some people are smart, and willing to manage their resources, to mitigate the the fallout from the extreme changes. Some smart people exploit the seasonal changes, and scam relief money out of the government, and the people they serve. It's not a crisis, it's an opportunity...
20-01-2021 16:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15560)
duncan61 wrote:
I went to the Water Corporation website to make some enquiries in to an up coming project and there is a whole section on climate change and how its not raining any more and we are all going to die.Fascinating stuff.I went to Mundaring weir which is one of our main water storage dams and its full up.Go figure


Isn't it funny how these people never bother to look outside?


China too is seeing a lot of rain, particularly in western China. This is putting tremendous strain on their dam system there, of which Three Gorges dam is the kingpin.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
20-01-2021 16:51
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9190)
Into the Night wrote:Isn't it funny how these people never bother to look outside?


China too is seeing a lot of rain, particularly in western China. This is putting tremendous strain on their dam system there, of which Three Gorges dam is the kingpin.


I remain miffed at how Global Warming decides to increase precipitation in some places and to decrease precipitation in other places, seemingly basing its decision on what would be "bad" and would serve as an appropriate punishment to humanity for its carbon sins.

I am also miffed at how precipitation falling where it is needed, or easing/decreasing where it was a problem, has nothing to do with Global Warming or Climate Change.



.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-01-2021 17:18
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Isn't it funny how these people never bother to look outside?


China too is seeing a lot of rain, particularly in western China. This is putting tremendous strain on their dam system there, of which Three Gorges dam is the kingpin.


I remain miffed at how Global Warming decides to increase precipitation in some places and to decrease precipitation in other places, seemingly basing its decision on what would be "bad" and would serve as an appropriate punishment to humanity for its carbon sins.

I am also miffed at how precipitation falling where it is needed, or easing/decreasing where it was a problem, has nothing to do with Global Warming or Climate Change.

.

BUT... The Data says otherwise... just look at all the ANOMALIES... We've reached the tipping point... The Science tells us that greenhouse gases are catastrophically warming the Earth... This is settled science... Your carbon sins have doomed us all!!!
20-01-2021 19:34
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3400)
I think carbon-sin, is the least of our worries...
20-01-2021 20:19
James___
★★★★★
(4523)
duncan61 wrote:
I went to the Water Corporation website to make some enquiries in to an up coming project and there is a whole section on climate change and how its not raining any more and we are all going to die.Fascinating stuff.I went to Mundaring weir which is one of our main water storage dams and its full up.Go figure



Wasn't it just a couple of years ago that a lot of Australia was burning? But that wasn't around Perth, was it? From the BBC and dated January 2020. This was a year ago.

Although recent cooler conditions and rain have brought some respite, more than 50 fires are still burning in the states of New South Wales and Victoria.

Hot and windy conditions are forecast to return to many parts of New South Wales this weekend and authorities in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) have declared a state of emergency as massive bushfires rage south of Canberra.

At least 33 people have been killed - including four firefighters - and more than 11 million hectares (110,000 sq km or 27.2 million acres) of bush, forest and parks across Australia has burned.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50951043



You live in WA, right? The reservoir is lower by 0.8% by volume from last year. I guess eyeballing something isn't as accurate as taking actual measurements.

https://www.watercorporation.com.au/Our-water/Rainfall-and-dams
Edited on 20-01-2021 20:25
20-01-2021 23:22
James___
★★★★★
(4523)
@Duncan, one thing Australia might research is if settling lakes (as water evaporates, it leaves a bed of salt) might help to bring more rain and cooler temperatures to Australia. The thinking is that if salt water from the ocean is pumped inland (say using solar energy), then that water could evaporate and become rain.
This might help to remove heat from that area and as the water is absorbed away from the salt lake, who knows. Over time the water in such a lake would become extremely salty. Always possible to let the lake dry out and mine the salt bed left behind. There is a difference between dredging a deep lake or just having shallow lakes.
At the same time environmentalists would hate this. They prefer a pristine environment. Yet over time the landscape can be changed which would still allow for wildlife, etc. And if you consider Florida, they are always dredging to maintain their beaches just as the Mississippi River is dredged to allow for barge traffic.

If you don't get it, a lake should cool the winds. And when that water evaporates, it takes the heat up into the upper atmosphere. And when it condenses into rain, it should release that heat in the upper atmosphere as well.

p.s., you know I like science, I also like science fiction. And modifying parts of the Outback to cool certain parts of it would be Terra-Forming. This is where a low cost, renewable source of energy could help to make something like that possible.

With that said, some canals could be built from northern WA inland to a man made fresh water lake. Easiest way to keep today's costs low is to create a 50 year+ timeline. Then if the planet keeps warming, WA will have another source of fresh water.
This is where if the planet is going to warm for another 200 years, that could make a huge difference for WA while spreading the cost over several decades.
Edited on 20-01-2021 23:45
21-01-2021 01:23
James___
★★★★★
(4523)
And Perth has built desalination plants. When water is plentiful, right mate?

This goes back to 2006 because of fresh water shortages. Just am aware of many things mate. Kind of why I think we need to understand what is happening.
https://www.water-technology.net/projects/perth/

Am sorry ya'all. I know this makes me look like an a$$$hole knowing what Australia has gone through. Some of my interest does go back to the hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica and how it affects the Southern Oscillation. But I'm still the bad guy, right?
Edited on 21-01-2021 01:25
21-01-2021 01:40
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
The increasing population needs more water supply.I was aware of the desalination plant.It works well
21-01-2021 02:01
James___
★★★★★
(4523)
duncan61 wrote:
The increasing population needs more water supply.I was aware of the desalination plant.It works well



This creates a strain on agricultural production as well, right mate? It's the same here in the US but we might be more dependent on aquifers for our freshwater. And with irrigation, farmers might have a greater dependence on wells. They might be kilometres away from a river that they can use.
21-01-2021 02:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15560)
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I went to the Water Corporation website to make some enquiries in to an up coming project and there is a whole section on climate change and how its not raining any more and we are all going to die.Fascinating stuff.I went to Mundaring weir which is one of our main water storage dams and its full up.Go figure



Wasn't it just a couple of years ago that a lot of Australia was burning? But that wasn't around Perth, was it? From the BBC and dated January 2020. This was a year ago.

Although recent cooler conditions and rain have brought some respite, more than 50 fires are still burning in the states of New South Wales and Victoria.

Hot and windy conditions are forecast to return to many parts of New South Wales this weekend and authorities in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) have declared a state of emergency as massive bushfires rage south of Canberra.

At least 33 people have been killed - including four firefighters - and more than 11 million hectares (110,000 sq km or 27.2 million acres) of bush, forest and parks across Australia has burned.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50951043



You live in WA, right? The reservoir is lower by 0.8% by volume from last year. I guess eyeballing something isn't as accurate as taking actual measurements.

https://www.watercorporation.com.au/Our-water/Rainfall-and-dams

Fake News. We have a near record snowpack this year.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
21-01-2021 03:30
James___
★★★★★
(4523)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I went to the Water Corporation website to make some enquiries in to an up coming project and there is a whole section on climate change and how its not raining any more and we are all going to die.Fascinating stuff.I went to Mundaring weir which is one of our main water storage dams and its full up.Go figure



Wasn't it just a couple of years ago that a lot of Australia was burning? But that wasn't around Perth, was it? From the BBC and dated January 2020. This was a year ago.

Although recent cooler conditions and rain have brought some respite, more than 50 fires are still burning in the states of New South Wales and Victoria.

Hot and windy conditions are forecast to return to many parts of New South Wales this weekend and authorities in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) have declared a state of emergency as massive bushfires rage south of Canberra.

At least 33 people have been killed - including four firefighters - and more than 11 million hectares (110,000 sq km or 27.2 million acres) of bush, forest and parks across Australia has burned.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50951043



You live in WA, right? The reservoir is lower by 0.8% by volume from last year. I guess eyeballing something isn't as accurate as taking actual measurements.

https://www.watercorporation.com.au/Our-water/Rainfall-and-dams

Fake News. We have a near record snowpack this year.



Kind of explains why it was warmer than usual in Kentucky through December brother. Still, in WA, their water supply can last for several decades. Then Perth might become a part of the Outback.
I mean seriously Bro, would we want Western Washington to become Eastern Washington? When I lived in Seattle back in the 90's, they did have water rationing but not for Ruston, Wa.
The city of Ruston is a toxic waste Super Fund site that cannot be cleaned up. Because of Asarco (Aasarco?), a smeltering plant, people can't even eat the vegetables or fruits grown in their own yard. Just not safe. I think Ruston is near Point No Point and the Tacoma city zoo.
Today, am hating myself for never volunteering at the zoo there. It's just one of those sad missed opportunities in life.

p.s., Duncan might know if that reservoir also supplies hydro-electric power as well. Wasn't mentioned but also matters with the water level of many reservoirs.
Edited on 21-01-2021 03:32
21-01-2021 06:14
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
We have no hydro electric in WA.All the water supply dams are dedicated to drinking water.Some further south are irrigation dams and fishing for trout and perch is considered a good activity and canoeing and boating with electric motors is permitted
21-01-2021 06:34
James___
★★★★★
(4523)
duncan61 wrote:
We have no hydro electric in WA.All the water supply dams are dedicated to drinking water.Some further south are irrigation dams and fishing for trout and perch is considered a good activity and canoeing and boating with electric motors is permitted



For what I posted, it is about several decades into the future. It would be about preserving your quality of life at a minimal cost to you. And as you know, how can you enjoy your life while allowing your kids and grand kids to enjoy it as well?
That's actually the real challenge. At the same time, an increasing population makes that unlikely. Look at the US. Still, hope you are enjoying your life as well as your kids. The future is a common problem. That involves everybody.
21-01-2021 11:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15560)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I went to the Water Corporation website to make some enquiries in to an up coming project and there is a whole section on climate change and how its not raining any more and we are all going to die.Fascinating stuff.I went to Mundaring weir which is one of our main water storage dams and its full up.Go figure



Wasn't it just a couple of years ago that a lot of Australia was burning? But that wasn't around Perth, was it? From the BBC and dated January 2020. This was a year ago.

Although recent cooler conditions and rain have brought some respite, more than 50 fires are still burning in the states of New South Wales and Victoria.

Hot and windy conditions are forecast to return to many parts of New South Wales this weekend and authorities in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) have declared a state of emergency as massive bushfires rage south of Canberra.

At least 33 people have been killed - including four firefighters - and more than 11 million hectares (110,000 sq km or 27.2 million acres) of bush, forest and parks across Australia has burned.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50951043



You live in WA, right? The reservoir is lower by 0.8% by volume from last year. I guess eyeballing something isn't as accurate as taking actual measurements.

https://www.watercorporation.com.au/Our-water/Rainfall-and-dams

Fake News. We have a near record snowpack this year.



Kind of explains why it was warmer than usual in Kentucky through December brother. Still, in WA, their water supply can last for several decades. Then Perth might become a part of the Outback.
I mean seriously Bro, would we want Western Washington to become Eastern Washington? When I lived in Seattle back in the 90's, they did have water rationing but not for Ruston, Wa.
The city of Ruston is a toxic waste Super Fund site that cannot be cleaned up. Because of Asarco (Aasarco?), a smeltering plant, people can't even eat the vegetables or fruits grown in their own yard. Just not safe. I think Ruston is near Point No Point and the Tacoma city zoo.
Today, am hating myself for never volunteering at the zoo there. It's just one of those sad missed opportunities in life.

p.s., Duncan might know if that reservoir also supplies hydro-electric power as well. Wasn't mentioned but also matters with the water level of many reservoirs.


Asarco is gone. it's cleaned up. There is no reservoir there. Ruston gets it's water from the Green River watershed, distributed by Tacoma Water. It is nowhere near Point No Point. It is perfectly safe to grow vegetables and fruit in the area.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan




Join the debate water supply:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
US Water Shortaages2628-04-2021 23:02
Septic tanks and water pollution41719-04-2021 18:11
Food Supply721-01-2021 10:48
Desalination and evaporation of sea water at both poles1019-11-2020 23:57
water water water1231-01-2020 22:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact