Remember me
▼ Content

Tornados 2 Weeks Before Christmas?

Page 1 of 212>
Tornados 2 Weeks Before Christmas?11-12-2021 16:16
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This reminds me of the movie Twister. Yet it's 2 weeks before Christmas and it's already snowed in Kentucky. And now there's been a tornado in Kentucky as well. It must be that Norwegian Jest Stream or Kentucky Corn Whiskey.
And with the movie reference, even as a kid I knew to seek shelter with a tornado in the area. I mean if you have a basement, go down into it and get in the corner where the tornado will hit first. That way everything will blow over you.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/storms-hit-arkansas-nursing-home-illinois-amazon-warehouse-11639208012

p.s., while there's a lot of ozone over northern Canada, it seems the jet stream is following the path where there's the least amount of ozone over the U.S.
The image is of the current jet stream. And that's how it looks during tornado season.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EAeKfMJBTAp714zc8
Attached image:

Edited on 11-12-2021 16:39
11-12-2021 19:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Today the Arctic Ocean is 4.5° C. At Murmansk, Russia and is -1.8° C. At Barrow, Alaska. It's possible this is influencing the ozone layer. If so, where's the heat coming from? Norway maybe?

https://seatemperature.info/arctic-ocean-water-temperature.html

p.s., the death toll in Kentucky could exceed 100. D@mn those Norwegians. The death toll at Amazon will be high as well. And I think this might be an example of climate change.
Edited on 11-12-2021 19:10
11-12-2021 21:09
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This is drone footage of some of the damage in Mayfield, Kentucky. According to the Governor of Kentucky, the tornado was on the ground in Kentucky for about 200 miles or 320 kilometers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZMAmxP5cgs
Attached image:

Edited on 11-12-2021 21:14
12-12-2021 01:14
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
James___ wrote:
This reminds me of the movie Twister. Yet it's 2 weeks before Christmas and it's already snowed in Kentucky. And now there's been a tornado in Kentucky as well. It must be that Norwegian Jest Stream or Kentucky Corn Whiskey.
And with the movie reference, even as a kid I knew to seek shelter with a tornado in the area. I mean if you have a basement, go down into it and get in the corner where the tornado will hit first. That way everything will blow over you.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/storms-hit-arkansas-nursing-home-illinois-amazon-warehouse-11639208012

p.s., while there's a lot of ozone over northern Canada, it seems the jet stream is following the path where there's the least amount of ozone over the U.S.
The image is of the current jet stream. And that's how it looks during tornado season.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EAeKfMJBTAp714zc8

The jet stream is not controlled by ozone.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-12-2021 01:14
(21600)
James___ wrote:
Today the Arctic Ocean is 4.5° C. At Murmansk, Russia and is -1.8° C. At Barrow, Alaska. It's possible this is influencing the ozone layer. If so, where's the heat coming from? Norway maybe?

https://seatemperature.info/arctic-ocean-water-temperature.html

p.s., the death toll in Kentucky could exceed 100. D@mn those Norwegians. The death toll at Amazon will be high as well. And I think this might be an example of climate change.

Temperature does not control the ozone layer.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-12-2021 03:52
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)
Into the Night wrote:The jet stream is not controlled by ozone.

The Norwegian Jet Stream is controlled by formaldehyde which, in turn is controlled by the stratospheric ozone layer ... but this gets into quantum mechanics and linear differential equations. How do you not know this?

Into the Night wrote:Temperature does not control the ozone layer.

The magnetosphere controls the stratospheric ozone layer which controls the atmospheric formaldehyde levels which drive the Norwegian Jet Stream ... but this gets into plasma physics and statistics and early 19th-century poetry. I mean, this is really easy stuff. How do you not know this?

If my project works out, I'll be able to have a life with Christian immigrants where real Americans have immigrated with Christians whose parents are immigrants, but I'm not one of them.

12-12-2021 15:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
You guys are aware that all of this and the Big Texas Freeze last year probably started from the bush fires in Australia in 2019 - 20, right? They didn't have a hole in the ozone layer that year. This would be an example of the Butterfly Effect.
Edited on 12-12-2021 16:01
12-12-2021 17:14
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
With Kentucky as one of the Omicron plague states, these tornadoes aren't going to help contain it. Unfortunately, many will take the emergency relief money, and spend the holidays in Florida. Maybe Desantis could mandate they each bring a case or two of bootleg corn whiskey down with them. Heard there is a shortage and huge price increases at the liquor stores. Do to the Biden supply-chain crap. I mean, if they are heading down here anyway, and right there at the source... We should get something out of them bring their foul disease (covid/democrat) down to our state.

Guess Kentucky got a windy climate change for Christmas. Will probably get an Arctic climate change in a week or two... Surprising how Florida hasn't really been hit with extreme climate change in a while. Past week has been awesome. No heat or AC needed, dry and sunny, mid 70s-low 80s daytime. Mid 60s at night. I could get use to it... Only bummer, is the oak leaves are starting to fall. Trees gone dormant for the winter. Which means the cold climate change is on it's way. Suppose I should dig out some long pants, maybe a long sleeve shirt or two, just in case... I know I had a light jacket a decade or so ago, must have took it off, and left it some place.
12-12-2021 19:57
(21600)
James___ wrote:
You guys are aware that all of this and the Big Texas Freeze last year probably started from the bush fires in Australia in 2019 - 20, right? They didn't have a hole in the ozone layer that year. This would be an example of the Butterfly Effect.

Australia wildfire occurs every year. So does the ozone 'hole' at each pole every winter. Texas weather is not affected by Australia.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 12-12-2021 19:58
12-12-2021 19:59
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:
With Kentucky as one of the Omicron plague states, these tornadoes aren't going to help contain it. Unfortunately, many will take the emergency relief money, and spend the holidays in Florida. Maybe Desantis could mandate they each bring a case or two of bootleg corn whiskey down with them. Heard there is a shortage and huge price increases at the liquor stores. Do to the Biden supply-chain crap. I mean, if they are heading down here anyway, and right there at the source... We should get something out of them bring their foul disease (covid/democrat) down to our state.

Guess Kentucky got a windy climate change for Christmas. Will probably get an Arctic climate change in a week or two... Surprising how Florida hasn't really been hit with extreme climate change in a while. Past week has been awesome. No heat or AC needed, dry and sunny, mid 70s-low 80s daytime. Mid 60s at night. I could get use to it... Only bummer, is the oak leaves are starting to fall. Trees gone dormant for the winter. Which means the cold climate change is on it's way. Suppose I should dig out some long pants, maybe a long sleeve shirt or two, just in case... I know I had a light jacket a decade or so ago, must have took it off, and left it some place.

Since water supplies have been disrupted in tornado hit areas, the biggest problem right now is stuff like cholera.

The Parrot Killer

12-12-2021 20:13
(14416)
Into the Night wrote:Australia wildfire occurs every year.

So do California wild fires. Previous California wild fires are what caused the Kentucky tornado because, as James mentioned, Australia didn't have an ozone hole big enough through which the Norwegian jet stream could carry the formaldehyde.
12-12-2021 21:25
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:

So do California wild fires. Previous California wild fires are what caused the Kentucky tornado because, as James mentioned, Australia didn't have an ozone hole big enough through which the Norwegian jet stream could carry the formaldehyde.

If formaldehyde destroys ozone, why is it still used to embalm bodies before burial? Does that mean that covid is causing climate change? But, climate change caused covid... Guess it really doesn't matter, long as we blame something.
12-12-2021 21:45
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

If formaldehyde destroys ozone, why is it still used to embalm bodies before burial? Does that mean that covid is causing climate change? But, climate change caused covid... Guess it really doesn't matter, long as we blame something.

That's okay. Formaldehyde is used on the dead. They don't care about climate change or the ozone layer anymore!

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 12-12-2021 22:00
12-12-2021 22:26
(14416)
HarveyH55 wrote:If formaldehyde destroys ozone, why is it still used to embalm bodies before burial?

Because you don't want to bury someone full of ozone. The corpse would cause Climate Change and would be a Climate injustice to the planet. That's why we have laws governing burials because we can't just allow people to destroy the planet.

Also, we embalm with formaldehyde so that the corpse is "grounded" to the magnetosphere and won't be at risk of coming back to life.
13-12-2021 00:19
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Thank you guys for showing me that I can better spend my time on other activities. And I guess this is about the limits of what you know, right?

p.s., for whatever holidays you guys observe, I hope you enjoy them.

p.s.s., Harvey, is the problem with Kentucky because it's a Republican state?
That seems to be what you're suggesting. It's sad that you and your friends would politicize what's seen as a catastrophic event.

Edited on 13-12-2021 01:16
13-12-2021 00:29
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
The bush fire at Margaret river was deliberately lit at Mammoth cave.It was only small and if it was further east no one would care however it has burned out all the tourists areas.Do not believe the media coverage
13-12-2021 03:43
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
The bush fire at Margaret river was deliberately lit at Mammoth cave.It was only small and if it was further east no one would care however it has burned out all the tourists areas.Do not believe the media coverage

This is what I was talking about. https://www.noaa.gov/news/2019-ozone-hole-is-smallest-ever-recorded And in 2019 Australia had a few bushfires. But you guys don't get into atmospheric chemistry so you don't get it. Even scientists have missed this and just say "anomaly" or heat.
Still, I am in a good position to be able to focus on a few goals and this will probably be one of them. It's not political, I just happen to like science.
Edited on 13-12-2021 03:47
13-12-2021 17:52
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
James___ wrote:
It's sad that you and your friends would politicize what's seen as a catastrophic event.

Are you also referring to Al Gore's statements he used to make every time a tornado would hit something?

1998 Georgia tornado

the evidence does point in that direction," Gore said. "And if it is right, it means we have to do more to prepare ourselves, to prevent the damage from occurring and, of course, to take those steps to stop climate change that can have such harmful consequences

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
13-12-2021 19:34
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Are you also referring to Al Gore's statements he used to make every time a tornado would hit something?

1998 Georgia tornado

the evidence does point in that direction," Gore said. "And if it is right, it means we have to do more to prepare ourselves, to prevent the damage from occurring and, of course, to take those steps to stop climate change that can have such harmful consequences

I love the new avatar and signature.
15-12-2021 22:09
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@Duncan61, scroll down to the 3 pictures of Antarctica and ozone depletion above it.
https://www.euronews.com/green/2021/09/23/the-antarctic-ozone-hole-is-among-the-largest-on-record-again-why-and-how-does-it-affect-m

Before 2019, the hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica was getting smaller. In 2019, the red represents more ozone. That means it will be slightly cooler in the troposphere (what we occupy with our storms).
With the heat the US experienced, more ozone over Canada but little ozone depletion around the Arctic. Just something that (most) scientists haven't considered but it is known (because 1 group did consider) that the ozone hole over Antarctica influences which way the wind blows.
15-12-2021 23:53
(5197)
The ozone hole always get 'slightly' smaller during the summer months... Oddly enough, arctic ice melts during the summer months as well. Killing many polar bears and penguins... Polar bears, no big deal, all they do any more is knock over Eskimo garbage cans on trash day. Penguins are food for Great Whit Sharks, which if not fed regular, tend to migrate offshore of Florida, and 'nibble' on surfers.
15-12-2021 23:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@Duncan61, this is the ozone layer over Canada which would be similar to more ozone between Australia and Antarctica. We had a short lived severe weather event while in Australia it lasted through your summer.
Anyway it is something to consider.
Attached image:

Edited on 15-12-2021 23:59
16-12-2021 00:24
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
What I consider is humans have no influence on the weather whatsever and no human knows how it all works.The people that claim to know are guessing.Ozone is air.It does nothing to start fires
16-12-2021 12:50
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
What I consider is humans have no influence on the weather whatsever and no human knows how it all works.The people that claim to know are guessing.Ozone is air.It does nothing to start fires

I have always heard that ignorance is bliss. And yet you guys are forgetting to enjoy it. Instead you're in here complaining about somebody said something which doesn't matter to you.
16-12-2021 17:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
When someone said that vacuum tubes could hold 1s and 0s, so? Magnetic tape was used for that into the 60s. Yet each vacuum tube could hold only 1 number. And with IBM, they did not pursue the personal computer because who would want a personal calculator at home?
Skeptics always demand to be heard yet have usually been proven wrong. Myself, I think it's a control issue. And with ozone depletion affecting ground temperatures, a group of scientists have made that observation and wrote a paper about it. They said that the hole in the ozone layer shifted how the winds blew and this warmed the southern African continent more than usual in the spring. It did not affect the other seasons. And this is not CO2 or GHGs related but has to do strictly with the hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ozone-loss-warmed-southern-africa/

p.s., Duncan61, you should give it a read because they say this affects southern Australia as well. And with what I suggested, an abundance of ozone also caused winds to shift. It is possible because ozone depletion has the same effect.
Edited on 16-12-2021 18:01
17-12-2021 00:17
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Its early summer and raining/cold.
17-12-2021 03:12
(5197)
duncan61 wrote:

Winter here, warm and clear... 76F. Might drop into the chilly upper 60s by morning. And global warming is a bad thing... Well, might have to mow the lawn again in a couple weeks.

Why is the ozone hole a bad thing? It's just one of those things, that help keep life going on the planet. Just because it's not well understood what all it does, doesn't make it a bad thing. It's been around for a long time, and life continues. We haven't survived as a species, by changing how the world works, but by learning to deal with all the extreme crap nature throws at us. If it ain't broken, don't screw it up, trying to fix it...
17-12-2021 04:40
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:

Opposite of 2019. 13th largest ozone hole since 1979 and a smaller area of elevated ozone levels.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2021/2021-antarctic-ozone-hole-13th-largest-will-persist-into-november
17-12-2021 19:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
With how both wind and ocean currents can be influenced by the season, it would've needed to become known how the season, the Earth's position relative to the Sun and the tilt of its axis influences things.
An example of this is when the settlers who landed in what became Jamestown and not anywhere near Plymouth might've sailed when there were Nor'easters. They usually occur between September and April. Jamestown was settled May 13, 1607. Those settlers left in 1606.
Because they had to "tack the wind", it was either go with the wind north into colder waters or
head south to a warmer climate. This means that the wind moved from going north from the area around Alabama to Texas coming from the Gulf of Mexico to along the east coast of the Unites States.
And this would be because the jet stream didn't dip down to be north of Louisiana/Texas but just stayed north along the U.S./Canada border which is typical for North America in the winter. And 1606/07 was during the middle of the Little Ice Age so Nor'easters might've been stronger as a result. Hot does flow to cold according to the laws of thermodynamics, right? And with the north being colder, then more warm winds (faster moving and a wider flow) from the south would be expected.
See? I learn things about how the climate influences things. Isn't that
?
Edited on 17-12-2021 19:09
17-12-2021 20:39
(21600)
James___ wrote:
@Duncan61, scroll down to the 3 pictures of Antarctica and ozone depletion above it.
https://www.euronews.com/green/2021/09/23/the-antarctic-ozone-hole-is-among-the-largest-on-record-again-why-and-how-does-it-affect-m

Before 2019, the hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica was getting smaller. In 2019, the red represents more ozone. That means it will be slightly cooler in the troposphere (what we occupy with our storms).
With the heat the US experienced, more ozone over Canada but little ozone depletion around the Arctic. Just something that (most) scientists haven't considered but it is known (because 1 group did consider) that the ozone hole over Antarctica influences which way the wind blows.

Ozone does not control the wind.
Ozone does not control the temperature.

The Parrot Killer

17-12-2021 20:43
(21600)
duncan61 wrote:

Ozone is an oxidizer, just like oxygen is. Fires can't burn without it!

Starting fires? No. You need three things for a fire:
An oxygen source (either oxygen or ozone will work),
a fuel (something to burn),
and an ignition source (something to start the chemical reaction).

Take away oxygen, fire goes out. Take away the fuel, fire goes out. Take away the thermal energy necessary to keep it going, fire goes out.

The concept of a fire extinguisher is really amazing!

The Parrot Killer

17-12-2021 20:47
(21600)
James___ wrote:
When someone said that vacuum tubes could hold 1s and 0s, so? Magnetic tape was used for that into the 60s. Yet each vacuum tube could hold only 1 number. And with IBM, they did not pursue the personal computer because who would want a personal calculator at home?
Skeptics always demand to be heard yet have usually been proven wrong. Myself, I think it's a control issue. And with ozone depletion affecting ground temperatures, a group of scientists have made that observation and wrote a paper about it. They said that the hole in the ozone layer shifted how the winds blew and this warmed the southern African continent more than usual in the spring. It did not affect the other seasons. And this is not CO2 or GHGs related but has to do strictly with the hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ozone-loss-warmed-southern-africa/

p.s., Duncan61, you should give it a read because they say this affects southern Australia as well. And with what I suggested, an abundance of ozone also caused winds to shift. It is possible because ozone depletion has the same effect.

Ozone does not control the temperature.
Ozone does not control the wind.

Science isn't a magazine, journal, pamphlet, website, paper, observation, data, technology, gadget, scientist, or any group of scientists. It isn't even people at all.

The Parrot Killer

17-12-2021 20:54
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Winter here, warm and clear... 76F. Might drop into the chilly upper 60s by morning. And global warming is a bad thing... Well, might have to mow the lawn again in a couple weeks.

Why is the ozone hole a bad thing? It's just one of those things, that help keep life going on the planet. Just because it's not well understood what all it does, doesn't make it a bad thing. It's been around for a long time, and life continues. We haven't survived as a species, by changing how the world works, but by learning to deal with all the extreme crap nature throws at us. If it ain't broken, don't screw it up, trying to fix it...

The ozone hole doesn't help, but it doesn't hurt either. It's just there. Meh.

The Parrot Killer

18-12-2021 01:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@ITN, please learn the difference between "controls" and "influences". With the ozone hole over Antarctica, you guys missed something basic. It happens during the southern hemisphere's summer and the northern hemisphere's winter.
If there is an ozone hole over the Arctic, it happens during the northern hemisphere's winter.
An example is; why does a hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica occur when Antarctica is at its furthest distance to the Sun?
Yet when a hole in the ozone layer over the Arctic occurs, that is its furthest position away from the Sun. And all of this is associated with the Earth's axial tilt of about 22º.
Just basic questions associated with atmospheric chemistry. Why doesn't a hole in the ozone layer above either pole occur when the Earth is closer to the Sun? You must live near the Salish Sea. What? You live in Snohomish County and not King or Pearce? Get off of highway 2 (Stevens Pass) and try 518. You might like Puyallup. Maybe Auburn? Just trying to be helpful, okay?

p.s., holes in the ozone layer occur when that pole is its furthest distance from the Sun. The season doesn't matter. When it's winter in the southern hemisphere, the Earth is much closer to the Sun thus no hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica.
18-12-2021 02:26
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
James___ wrote:
With how both wind and ocean currents can be influenced by the season, it would've needed to become known how the season, the Earth's position relative to the Sun and the tilt of its axis influences things.
An example of this is when the settlers who landed in what became Jamestown and not anywhere near Plymouth might've sailed when there were Nor'easters. They usually occur between September and April. Jamestown was settled May 13, 1607. Those settlers left in 1606.
Because they had to "tack the wind", it was either go with the wind north into colder waters or
head south to a warmer climate. This means that the wind moved from going north from the area around Alabama to Texas coming from the Gulf of Mexico to along the east coast of the Unites States.
And this would be because the jet stream didn't dip down to be north of Louisiana/Texas but just stayed north along the U.S./Canada border which is typical for North America in the winter. And 1606/07 was during the middle of the Little Ice Age so Nor'easters might've been stronger as a result. Hot does flow to cold according to the laws of thermodynamics, right? And with the north being colder, then more warm winds (faster moving and a wider flow) from the south would be expected.
?

This is the most insane thing I have ever read.Are you suggesting that sailing ships left harbours and just blew randomly around with no steerage and Trafalgar never happened.The Vikings could sail ships in 700AD and what is your hang up with Ozone.Have you seen it touched it smelt it made love to it??

duncan61
18-12-2021 03:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
James___ wrote:
?

This is the most insane thing I have ever read.Are you suggesting that sailing ships left harbours and just blew randomly around with no steerage and Trafalgar never happened.The Vikings could sail ships in 700AD and what is your hang up with Ozone.Have you seen it touched it smelt it made love to it??

If you lived in the U.S. then you'd know what a Nor'easter is. With the Great Lakes, come November her fury will be known and ships have been lost.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

A ship is safest in port but that's not what it was built for. It also wasn't built to sail into a storm that will sink it.

p.s., such storms are what help to create Nor'easters. In Australia, the lack of rainfall in the outback before 2019 might show something else. It's a weather pattern.
Edited on 18-12-2021 03:17
18-12-2021 03:23
(21600)
James___ wrote:
@ITN, please learn the difference between "controls" and "influences".

Semantics fallacy. Ozone does not control wind or temperature.
James___ wrote:
With the ozone hole over Antarctica, you guys missed something basic. It happens during the southern hemisphere's summer and the northern hemisphere's winter.

Nope. It happens during that pole's winter.
James___ wrote:
If there is an ozone hole over the Arctic, it happens during the northern hemisphere's winter.

There is, and it does.
James___ wrote:
An example is; why does a hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica occur when Antarctica is at its furthest distance to the Sun?

The Sun isn't visible during the winter in Antarctica.
James___ wrote:
Yet when a hole in the ozone layer over the Arctic occurs, that is its furthest position away from the Sun.

Nope. Perihelion occurs in December.
James___ wrote:
And all of this is associated with the Earth's axial tilt of about 22º.

True.
James___ wrote:
Just basic questions associated with atmospheric chemistry.

Atmosphere is not chemistry.
James___ wrote:
Why doesn't a hole in the ozone layer above either pole occur when the Earth is closer to the Sun?

It does.
James___ wrote:
You must live near the Salish Sea. What? You live in Snohomish County and not King or Pearce? Get off of highway 2 (Stevens Pass) and try 518. You might like Puyallup. Maybe Auburn? Just trying to be helpful, okay?

Irrelevant.
James___ wrote:
p.s., holes in the ozone layer occur when that pole is its furthest distance from the Sun.

Nope. Aphelion occurs around July. Perihelion occurs around December.
James___ wrote:
The season doesn't matter.

Yes it does.
James___ wrote:
When it's winter in the southern hemisphere, the Earth is much closer to the Sun thus no hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica.
Nope. Aphelion occurs around July, and there is an ozone hole during the winter in Antarctica. No big deal. Meh.

The Parrot Killer

18-12-2021 03:25
(21600)
duncan61 wrote:
James___ wrote:
?

He's a believer in the Church of the Ozone Hole.
He also has no clue about fluid dynamics.

The Parrot Killer

18-12-2021 03:26
(21600)
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
James___ wrote:
?

If you lived in the U.S. then you'd know what a Nor'easter is. With the Great Lakes, come November her fury will be known and ships have been lost.

A ship is safest in port but that's not what it was built for. It also wasn't built to sail into a storm that will sink it.

p.s., such storms are what help to create Nor'easters. In Australia, the lack of rainfall in the outback before 2019 might show something else. It's a weather pattern.

Ships are safer at sea when a big storm comes. That's why they set sail to get away from it.

The Parrot Killer

18-12-2021 03:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
James___ wrote:
?

Ships are safer at sea when a big storm comes. That's why they set sail to get away from it.

Without today's technology, they would be blind.

p.s., @All, Hopefully you'll enjoy whatever holidays that you observe.
Edited on 18-12-2021 03:40
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Tornados 2 Weeks Before Christmas?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Ho Ho Ho, did everyone send in their Christmas list? A few ground rules though228-12-2023 19:16
Merry Christmas, rejoice for a child is born to guide the stringing of Chinese made sweatshop lights025-12-2022 14:35
Christmas2129-12-2021 20:24
Count Dracula, Christmas, Batman and global warming1929-12-2019 21:42
I propose a weeks silence - due to the current outbreak of Socialism in Ventura CA.519-12-2017 02:59
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact