Remember me
▼ Content

The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the



Page 4 of 4<<<234
08-09-2023 16:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14635)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Let me know if you have any questions.

I do have a question. How is a glass of water heated by a microwave? Per your explanation, very few if any photons would be able to reach the center because they are literally all hitting water. My guess would be the outside is warmed first and the remaining by conduction. Correct? Obviously there would also be some movement and mixing inside the glass..

Incorrect, statistically speaking.

First, you are entirely correct that water heated by microwaves will then heat surrounding water via conduction. Also, before Into the Night jumps in and mentions it, water heated by microwaves will then heat water above it via convection.

But returning to the microwaves specifically, you are assuming that a very low probability equals a zero probability, and this is an error, and the basis for many a base-rate fallacy.

Concept: What is the probability of rolling twenty 6-sided die and getting all "5"s?
What is the probability of getting all "5"s if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times? Would a better question be "How many 'all fives' should you expect on average if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times?"?

Yes, there are many water molecules in a glass of water, resulting in a very low probability of any particular photon getting all fives and reaching the center, but the microwave oven is pumping in orders of magnitude more photons than the inverse of that probability ... meaning that a better question for you to be asking is "how many microwave photons end up making it to the center?".
08-09-2023 19:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5737)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Let me know if you have any questions.

I do have a question. How is a glass of water heated by a microwave? Per your explanation, very few if any photons would be able to reach the center because they are literally all hitting water. My guess would be the outside is warmed first and the remaining by conduction. Correct? Obviously there would also be some movement and mixing inside the glass..

Incorrect, statistically speaking.

First, you are entirely correct that water heated by microwaves will then heat surrounding water via conduction. Also, before Into the Night jumps in and mentions it, water heated by microwaves will then heat water above it via convection.

But returning to the microwaves specifically, you are assuming that a very low probability equals a zero probability, and this is an error, and the basis for many a base-rate fallacy.

Concept: What is the probability of rolling twenty 6-sided die and getting all "5"s?
What is the probability of getting all "5"s if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times? Would a better question be "How many 'all fives' should you expect on average if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times?"?

Yes, there are many water molecules in a glass of water, resulting in a very low probability of any particular photon getting all fives and reaching the center, but the microwave oven is pumping in orders of magnitude more photons than the inverse of that probability ... meaning that a better question for you to be asking is "how many microwave photons end up making it to the center?".


The only concept that you know is pot smoking


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
08-09-2023 20:05
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14635)
Swan wrote: The only concept that you know is pot smoking

I always appreciate declarations of what I don't know. What is interesting in this case is the accompanying declaration of something that I know, which I don't.

Pot smoking is a talent that I have never had.

You truly bungled this one.

.


I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-09-2023 20:34
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2996)
Swan wrote:
The only concept that you know is pot smoking


Says the moraine rider who knows the concept of Google search all too well.

"Value added" is a concept you should learn.


Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
RE: The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the08-09-2023 20:41
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2996)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Let me know if you have any questions.

I do have a question. How is a glass of water heated by a microwave? Per your explanation, very few if any photons would be able to reach the center because they are literally all hitting water. My guess would be the outside is warmed first and the remaining by conduction. Correct? Obviously there would also be some movement and mixing inside the glass..

Incorrect, statistically speaking.

First, you are entirely correct that water heated by microwaves will then heat surrounding water via conduction. Also, before Into the Night jumps in and mentions it, water heated by microwaves will then heat water above it via convection.

But returning to the microwaves specifically, you are assuming that a very low probability equals a zero probability, and this is an error, and the basis for many a base-rate fallacy.

Concept: What is the probability of rolling twenty 6-sided die and getting all "5"s?
What is the probability of getting all "5"s if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times? Would a better question be "How many 'all fives' should you expect on average if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times?"?

Yes, there are many water molecules in a glass of water, resulting in a very low probability of any particular photon getting all fives and reachinge center, but the microwave oven is pumping in orders of magnitude more photons than the inverse of that probability ... meaning that a better question for you to be asking is "how many microwave photons end up making it to the center?".


Having issues wrapping my brain around the idea that a photon can pass by water molecules to hit a water molecule that is deeper in the body of pure water.

Am I not thinking of this to proper scale? If I pass in between 2 cars and destroy the 3 by impact (it's OK, it was a Prius) then I passed through a gap. See what I'm saying? Can you explain this in layman's terms form me? I need a floatie.


Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 08-09-2023 20:43
08-09-2023 21:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5737)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: The only concept that you know is pot smoking

I always appreciate declarations of what I don't know. What is interesting in this case is the accompanying declaration of something that I know, which I don't.

Pot smoking is a talent that I have never had.

You truly bungled this one.

.


Says the pothead who denies the last ice age


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
08-09-2023 21:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14635)
GasGuzzler wrote:Am I not thinking of this to proper scale? If I pass in between 2 cars and destroy the 3 by impact (it's OK, it was a Prius) then I passed through a gap. See what I'm saying? Can you explain this in layman's terms form me? I need a floatie.

Sure. Let's imagine once again that you are a microwave photon. You find that you have no steering wheel. You fly straight through space.

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach a one-meter diameter water molecule about two kilometers off your starboard bow, prompting you to check your monitor. Sure enough, you have entered the water meteor field whereby each water molecule is one meter in diameter, and on average they are roughly 30-kilometers apart. So vast is the space between them that, as you enter the water, you begin to think that you could fly forever without ever hitting one. But then you do some quick math and realize that given the distance you will traveling through the water field, it's pretty much a guarantee that you will hit one, with "sooner" being more likely than "later."

Now, let's run through the same example, but from a quantum mechanics perspective:

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach the water nebula cloud up ahead, as plain as day. It looks kind of like a vast monochromatic heat map that spans the horizon. You know this is going to be bad because each water molecule is itself invisible, existing as only a range of probabilities that it exists at any given point, a range that spans out kilometers in all directions, reaching into and mixing with the ranges of possibilities of the other equally invisible molecules, whose electrons and protons are themselves ebbing and surging ranges of existence probabilities.

This is bad because even if you had the capability of swerving to avoid a molecule in your path, the only way to know where one is ... is to collide with it ... which then alters its location and you no longer know where it is or in which direction it is now floating. But the "heat map" field still retains its awesome beauty.


I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-09-2023 12:52
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5737)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Am I not thinking of this to proper scale? If I pass in between 2 cars and destroy the 3 by impact (it's OK, it was a Prius) then I passed through a gap. See what I'm saying? Can you explain this in layman's terms form me? I need a floatie.

Sure. Let's imagine once again that you are a microwave photon. You find that you have no steering wheel. You fly straight through space.

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach a one-meter diameter water molecule about two kilometers off your starboard bow, prompting you to check your monitor. Sure enough, you have entered the water meteor field whereby each water molecule is one meter in diameter, and on average they are roughly 30-kilometers apart. So vast is the space between them that, as you enter the water, you begin to think that you could fly forever without ever hitting one. But then you do some quick math and realize that given the distance you will traveling through the water field, it's pretty much a guarantee that you will hit one, with "sooner" being more likely than "later."

Now, let's run through the same example, but from a quantum mechanics perspective:

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach the water nebula cloud up ahead, as plain as day. It looks kind of like a vast monochromatic heat map that spans the horizon. You know this is going to be bad because each water molecule is itself invisible, existing as only a range of probabilities that it exists at any given point, a range that spans out kilometers in all directions, reaching into and mixing with the ranges of possibilities of the other equally invisible molecules, whose electrons and protons are themselves ebbing and surging ranges of existence probabilities.

This is bad because even if you had the capability of swerving to avoid a molecule in your path, the only way to know where one is ... is to collide with it ... which then alters its location and you no longer know where it is or in which direction it is now floating. But the "heat map" field still retains its awesome beauty.


Can you lie back on the couch and tell us more about your belief that you are a microwave photon?


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
09-09-2023 21:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22173)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Let me know if you have any questions.

I do have a question. How is a glass of water heated by a microwave? Per your explanation, very few if any photons would be able to reach the center because they are literally all hitting water. My guess would be the outside is warmed first and the remaining by conduction. Correct? Obviously there would also be some movement and mixing inside the glass..

Incorrect, statistically speaking.

First, you are entirely correct that water heated by microwaves will then heat surrounding water via conduction. Also, before Into the Night jumps in and mentions it, water heated by microwaves will then heat water above it via convection.

But returning to the microwaves specifically, you are assuming that a very low probability equals a zero probability, and this is an error, and the basis for many a base-rate fallacy.
IBdaMann wrote:
Concept: What is the probability of rolling twenty 6-sided die and getting all "5"s?

Approximately 120 to 1 against (or 0.8333%).
What is the probability of getting all "5"s if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times?
A very low probability, but still greater than zero.
IBdaMann wrote:
Would a better question be "How many 'all fives' should you expect on average if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times?"?
This is merely a repeat of the first question worded slightly differently. The answer is the same.
IBdaMann wrote:
Yes, there are many water molecules in a glass of water, resulting in a very low probability of any particular photon getting all fives and reaching the center,
While you mention probability here, the likelihood of a microwave photon reaching the center is much higher since water appears translucent to microwaves (not quite transparent). Materials such as food are essentially transparent to microwaves (ignoring the water). You can see this on any radar scope using weather frequencies (the same frequencies used in microwaves). You only see the water in the clouds and various metallic objects like aircraft.
IBdaMann wrote:
but the microwave oven is pumping in orders of magnitude more photons than the inverse of that probability ... meaning that a better question for you to be asking is "how many microwave photons end up making it to the center?".

Quite a few, since water is translucent at microwave frequencies and other materials in food are essentially transparent.

Remember that different materials have different opaqueness depending on the frequency of light. What is opaque at visible frequencies can be quite transparent or translucent at other frequencies.

Example: infrared remotes with don't have a visible LED, but they still work.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-09-2023 21:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22173)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Let me know if you have any questions.

I do have a question. How is a glass of water heated by a microwave? Per your explanation, very few if any photons would be able to reach the center because they are literally all hitting water. My guess would be the outside is warmed first and the remaining by conduction. Correct? Obviously there would also be some movement and mixing inside the glass..

Incorrect, statistically speaking.

First, you are entirely correct that water heated by microwaves will then heat surrounding water via conduction. Also, before Into the Night jumps in and mentions it, water heated by microwaves will then heat water above it via convection.

But returning to the microwaves specifically, you are assuming that a very low probability equals a zero probability, and this is an error, and the basis for many a base-rate fallacy.

Concept: What is the probability of rolling twenty 6-sided die and getting all "5"s?
What is the probability of getting all "5"s if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times? Would a better question be "How many 'all fives' should you expect on average if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times?"?

Yes, there are many water molecules in a glass of water, resulting in a very low probability of any particular photon getting all fives and reaching the center, but the microwave oven is pumping in orders of magnitude more photons than the inverse of that probability ... meaning that a better question for you to be asking is "how many microwave photons end up making it to the center?".


The only concept that you know is pot smoking

Argument of the Stone fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-09-2023 21:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22173)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Let me know if you have any questions.

I do have a question. How is a glass of water heated by a microwave? Per your explanation, very few if any photons would be able to reach the center because they are literally all hitting water. My guess would be the outside is warmed first and the remaining by conduction. Correct? Obviously there would also be some movement and mixing inside the glass..

Incorrect, statistically speaking.

First, you are entirely correct that water heated by microwaves will then heat surrounding water via conduction. Also, before Into the Night jumps in and mentions it, water heated by microwaves will then heat water above it via convection.

But returning to the microwaves specifically, you are assuming that a very low probability equals a zero probability, and this is an error, and the basis for many a base-rate fallacy.

Concept: What is the probability of rolling twenty 6-sided die and getting all "5"s?
What is the probability of getting all "5"s if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times? Would a better question be "How many 'all fives' should you expect on average if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times?"?

Yes, there are many water molecules in a glass of water, resulting in a very low probability of any particular photon getting all fives and reachinge center, but the microwave oven is pumping in orders of magnitude more photons than the inverse of that probability ... meaning that a better question for you to be asking is "how many microwave photons end up making it to the center?".


Having issues wrapping my brain around the idea that a photon can pass by water molecules to hit a water molecule that is deeper in the body of pure water.

Am I not thinking of this to proper scale? If I pass in between 2 cars and destroy the 3 by impact (it's OK, it was a Prius) then I passed through a gap. See what I'm saying? Can you explain this in layman's terms form me? I need a floatie.

I think the problem you are basically having is that matter is basically a void. Light can easily pass through matter.

Consider a simple glass of water. Visible light easily penetrates all the way through. The water is transparent. Consider the air. It is transparent. Sure, both refract light, but light still passes through them.

The rainbow wouldn't even be possible without that.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-09-2023 21:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22173)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: The only concept that you know is pot smoking

I always appreciate declarations of what I don't know. What is interesting in this case is the accompanying declaration of something that I know, which I don't.

Pot smoking is a talent that I have never had.

You truly bungled this one.

.


Says the pothead who denies the last ice age

He didn't.
You insist there was an ice age.
Mantra 40a.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-09-2023 21:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22173)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Am I not thinking of this to proper scale? If I pass in between 2 cars and destroy the 3 by impact (it's OK, it was a Prius) then I passed through a gap. See what I'm saying? Can you explain this in layman's terms form me? I need a floatie.

Sure. Let's imagine once again that you are a microwave photon. You find that you have no steering wheel. You fly straight through space.

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach a one-meter diameter water molecule about two kilometers off your starboard bow, prompting you to check your monitor. Sure enough, you have entered the water meteor field whereby each water molecule is one meter in diameter, and on average they are roughly 30-kilometers apart. So vast is the space between them that, as you enter the water, you begin to think that you could fly forever without ever hitting one. But then you do some quick math and realize that given the distance you will traveling through the water field, it's pretty much a guarantee that you will hit one, with "sooner" being more likely than "later."

Now, let's run through the same example, but from a quantum mechanics perspective:

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach the water nebula cloud up ahead, as plain as day. It looks kind of like a vast monochromatic heat map that spans the horizon. You know this is going to be bad because each water molecule is itself invisible, existing as only a range of probabilities that it exists at any given point, a range that spans out kilometers in all directions, reaching into and mixing with the ranges of possibilities of the other equally invisible molecules, whose electrons and protons are themselves ebbing and surging ranges of existence probabilities.

This is bad because even if you had the capability of swerving to avoid a molecule in your path, the only way to know where one is ... is to collide with it ... which then alters its location and you no longer know where it is or in which direction it is now floating. But the "heat map" field still retains its awesome beauty.

That's rather a confusing way to put it.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-09-2023 10:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14635)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Am I not thinking of this to proper scale? If I pass in between 2 cars and destroy the 3 by impact (it's OK, it was a Prius) then I passed through a gap. See what I'm saying? Can you explain this in layman's terms form me? I need a floatie.

Sure. Let's imagine once again that you are a microwave photon. You find that you have no steering wheel. You fly straight through space.

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach a one-meter diameter water molecule about two kilometers off your starboard bow, prompting you to check your monitor. Sure enough, you have entered the water meteor field whereby each water molecule is one meter in diameter, and on average they are roughly 30-kilometers apart. So vast is the space between them that, as you enter the water, you begin to think that you could fly forever without ever hitting one. But then you do some quick math and realize that given the distance you will traveling through the water field, it's pretty much a guarantee that you will hit one, with "sooner" being more likely than "later."

Now, let's run through the same example, but from a quantum mechanics perspective:

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach the water nebula cloud up ahead, as plain as day. It looks kind of like a vast monochromatic heat map that spans the horizon. You know this is going to be bad because each water molecule is itself invisible, existing as only a range of probabilities that it exists at any given point, a range that spans out kilometers in all directions, reaching into and mixing with the ranges of possibilities of the other equally invisible molecules, whose electrons and protons are themselves ebbing and surging ranges of existence probabilities.

This is bad because even if you had the capability of swerving to avoid a molecule in your path, the only way to know where one is ... is to collide with it ... which then alters its location and you no longer know where it is or in which direction it is now floating. But the "heat map" field still retains its awesome beauty.

That's rather a confusing way to put it.

The quantum mechanics perspective is straightforward but I find it a little difficult to describe because it's weird. If you have a better way to explain it, the floor is yours.
10-09-2023 17:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5737)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Let me know if you have any questions.

I do have a question. How is a glass of water heated by a microwave? Per your explanation, very few if any photons would be able to reach the center because they are literally all hitting water. My guess would be the outside is warmed first and the remaining by conduction. Correct? Obviously there would also be some movement and mixing inside the glass..

Incorrect, statistically speaking.

First, you are entirely correct that water heated by microwaves will then heat surrounding water via conduction. Also, before Into the Night jumps in and mentions it, water heated by microwaves will then heat water above it via convection.

But returning to the microwaves specifically, you are assuming that a very low probability equals a zero probability, and this is an error, and the basis for many a base-rate fallacy.

Concept: What is the probability of rolling twenty 6-sided die and getting all "5"s?
What is the probability of getting all "5"s if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times? Would a better question be "How many 'all fives' should you expect on average if you roll those twenty die 34-quintillion times?"?

Yes, there are many water molecules in a glass of water, resulting in a very low probability of any particular photon getting all fives and reaching the center, but the microwave oven is pumping in orders of magnitude more photons than the inverse of that probability ... meaning that a better question for you to be asking is "how many microwave photons end up making it to the center?".


The only concept that you know is pot smoking

Argument of the Stone fallacy.


Says the resident chief troll.


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-09-2023 19:08
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2996)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Am I not thinking of this to proper scale? If I pass in between 2 cars and destroy the 3 by impact (it's OK, it was a Prius) then I passed through a gap. See what I'm saying? Can you explain this in layman's terms form me? I need a floatie.

Sure. Let's imagine once again that you are a microwave photon. You find that you have no steering wheel. You fly straight through space.

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach a one-meter diameter water molecule about two kilometers off your starboard bow, prompting you to check your monitor. Sure enough, you have entered the water meteor field whereby each water molecule is one meter in diameter, and on average they are roughly 30-kilometers apart. So vast is the space between them that, as you enter the water, you begin to think that you could fly forever without ever hitting one. But then you do some quick math and realize that given the distance you will traveling through the water field, it's pretty much a guarantee that you will hit one, with "sooner" being more likely than "later."

Now, let's run through the same example, but from a quantum mechanics perspective:

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach the water nebula cloud up ahead, as plain as day. It looks kind of like a vast monochromatic heat map that spans the horizon. You know this is going to be bad because each water molecule is itself invisible, existing as only a range of probabilities that it exists at any given point, a range that spans out kilometers in all directions, reaching into and mixing with the ranges of possibilities of the other equally invisible molecules, whose electrons and protons are themselves ebbing and surging ranges of existence probabilities.

This is bad because even if you had the capability of swerving to avoid a molecule in your path, the only way to know where one is ... is to collide with it ... which then alters its location and you no longer know where it is or in which direction it is now floating. But the "heat map" field still retains its awesome beauty.

That's rather a confusing way to put it.

The quantum mechanics perspective is straightforward but I find it a little difficult to describe because it's weird. If you have a better way to explain it, the floor is yours.


I found the probabilities explanation to be very good. What I can't seem to grasp is a void in something as dense as water.

Also, IBdaMann, you are saying a photon finds a water molecule by collision. Into the Night, you are saying photons are passing right through, if I understand correctly. What dictates a collision versus a pass through?

Thanks in advance guys.


Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
11-09-2023 20:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14635)
GasGuzzler wrote: I found the probabilities explanation to be very good. What I can't seem to grasp is a void in something as dense as water.

Matter is mostly empty space. When you knock on a door or pick up a moraine, the perception of "solid matter" is pure illusion. To a photon in a classical physics sense, a proton looks like one of those pink, rubber playground balls the children use at recess, and its corresponding electron is a couple of kilometers away, i.e. mostly empty space. The next molecule is about 30 kilometers away. That's still enough for GasGuzzler to perceive "dense matter" and is a testament to the forces of nature.

GasGuzzler wrote: Also, IBdaMann, you are saying a photon finds a water molecule by collision.

That was the QM interpretation. In classical physics, we talk about what science says will happen, because science predicts nature. Quantum mechanics, however, is different. QM is a bunch of probability math that assigns different probabilities to different outcomes ... and doesn't predict anything. QM says that you have to wait for the event to happen to see what outcome resulted. Imagine that you ask me what number will come up when you roll a six-sided die. I respond "there's a 1-in-6 chance that it will be a one, a 1-in-6 chance that it will be a two, a 1-in-6 chance that it will be a three, a 1-in-6 chance that it will be a four, a 1-in-6 chance that it will be a five, and a 1-in-6 chance that it will be a six." You say "Great, which one are you saying will come up when I roll it?" I respond "you will know when you roll the die and observe the result." You say "No shit, but I want to know right now what number will come up in the future!" and I tell you that you are shit out of luck. Quantum Mechanics has no power of prediction because it's just probability math that is generated from statistical math (statistics to generate the probabilities). In my previous QM illustration, a photon's collision with a water molecule cannot be predicted (so I made them essentially invisible), but can be observed when it happens.

To complicate matters further, Heisenberg gave us the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle which states that the act of observing at the quantum level affects whatever you are observing such that it ceases to be doing what you "observed" and is actually now doing something else. Suppose you are an electron flowing in some electricity, and your flow strikes a volt-meter that was stuck there to measure you, now you will be knocked out of your previous path to some extent and are no longer representative of what the voltmeter says you were doing previously. Note: electrons don't flow in electricity as I depicted here. Just roll with it for now ... or "go with the flow"

GasGuzzler wrote: Into the Night, you are saying photons are passing right through, if I understand correctly.

Into the Night is saying the same thing I am. Photons that have only empty space directly in front of them (remember, they fly straight) will fly directly into that empty space. Some will meet with empty space all the way to the center of the water. Others will strike the outermost molecules.
11-09-2023 20:48
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2996)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote: I found the probabilities explanation to be very good. What I can't seem to grasp is a void in something as dense as water.

Matter is mostly empty space. When you knock on a door or pick up a moraine, the perception of "solid matter" is pure illusion

I don't pick up moraines. Never know what those suckers are laced with. A brick of steel however, I can pick that up....and it doesn't fall apart. If solid matter is only an illusion and is full of voids, how does shit (or steel) not just fall apart?

IBdaMann wrote:
To complicate matters further...

I see what you did there.



Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
11-09-2023 21:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14635)
GasGuzzler wrote: If solid matter is only an illusion and is full of voids, how does shit (or steel) not just fall apart?

Hence the testament to the fundamental forces of nature. At your leisure, read about them. estimated one minute each:

I'll put them here for you:

Gravity
Gravity is the attraction between two objects that have mass or energy, whether this is seen in dropping a rock from a bridge, a planet orbiting a star or the moon causing ocean tides. Gravity is probably the most intuitive and familiar of the fundamental forces, but it's also been one of the most challenging to explain.

Isaac Newton was the first to propose the idea of gravity, supposedly inspired by an apple falling from a tree. He described gravity as a literal attraction between two objects.


Electromagnetic force
The electromagnetic force, also called the Lorentz force, acts between charged particles, like negatively charged electrons and positively charged protons. Opposite charges attract one another, while like charges repel. The greater the charge, the greater the force. And much like gravity, this force can be felt from an infinite distance (albeit the force would be very, very small at that distance).

As its name indicates, the electromagnetic force consists of two parts: the electric force and the magnetic force. At first, physicists described these forces as separate from one another, but researchers later realized that the two are components of the same force.

The electric component acts between charged particles whether they're moving or stationary, creating a field by which the charges can influence each other. But once set into motion, those charged particles begin to display the second component, the magnetic force. The particles create a magnetic field around them as they move. So when electrons zoom through a wire to charge your computer or phone or turn on your TV, for example, the wire becomes magnetic.

Electromagnetic forces are transferred between charged particles through the exchange of massless, force-carrying bosons called photons, which are also the particle components of light. The force-carrying photons that swap between charged particles, however, are a different manifestation of photons. They are virtual and undetectable, even though they are technically the same particles as the real and detectable version, according to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.

The electromagnetic force is responsible for some of the most commonly experienced phenomena: friction, elasticity, the normal force and the force holding solids together in a given shape. It's even responsible for the drag that birds, planes and even Superman experience while flying. These actions can occur because of charged (or neutralized) particles interacting with one another. The normal force that keeps a book on top of a table (instead of gravity pulling the book through to the ground), for example, is a consequence of electrons in the table's atoms repelling electrons in the book's atoms.


The strong nuclear force
The strong nuclear force, also called the strong nuclear interaction, is the strongest of the four fundamental forces of nature. It's 6 thousand trillion trillion trillion (that's 39 zeroes after 6!) times stronger than the force of gravity, according to the HyperPhysics website. And that's because it binds the fundamental particles of matter together to form larger particles. It holds together the quarks that make up protons and neutrons, and part of the strong force also keeps the protons and neutrons of an atom's nucleus together.

Much like the weak force, the strong force operates only when subatomic particles are extremely close to one another. They have to be somewhere within 10^-15 meters from each other, or roughly within the diameter of a proton.

The strong force is odd, though, because unlike any of the other fundamental forces, it gets weaker as subatomic particles move closer together. It actually reaches maximum strength when the particles are farthest away from each other, according to Fermilab. Once within range, massless charged bosons called gluons transmit the strong force between quarks and keep them "glued" together. A tiny fraction of the strong force called the residual strong force acts between protons and neutrons. Protons in the nucleus repel one another because of their similar charge, but the residual strong force can overcome this repulsion, so the particles stay bound in an atom's nucleus.


The weak force
The weak force, also called the weak nuclear interaction, is responsible for particle decay. This is the literal change of one type of subatomic particle into another. So, for example, a neutrino that strays close to a neutron can turn the neutron into a proton while the neutrino becomes an electron.

Physicists describe this interaction through the exchange of force-carrying particles called bosons. Specific kinds of bosons are responsible for the weak force, electromagnetic force and strong force. In the weak force, the bosons are charged particles called W and Z bosons. When subatomic particles such as protons, neutrons and electrons come within 10^-18 meters, or 0.1% of the diameter of a proton, of one another, they can exchange these bosons. As a result, the subatomic particles decay into new particles, according to Georgia State University's HyperPhysics website.

The weak force is critical for the nuclear fusion reactions that power the sun and produce the energy needed for most life forms here on Earth. It's also why archaeologists can use carbon-14 to date ancient bone, wood and other formerly living artifacts. Carbon-14 has six protons and eight neutrons; one of those neutrons decays into a proton to make nitrogen-14, which has seven protons and seven neutrons. This decay happens at a predictable rate, allowing scientists to determine how old such artifacts are.
11-09-2023 22:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5737)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote: If solid matter is only an illusion and is full of voids, how does shit (or steel) not just fall apart?

Hence the testament to the fundamental forces of nature. At your leisure, read about them. estimated one minute each:

I'll put them here for you:

Gravity
Gravity is the attraction between two objects that have mass or energy, whether this is seen in dropping a rock from a bridge, a planet orbiting a star or the moon causing ocean tides. Gravity is probably the most intuitive and familiar of the fundamental forces, but it's also been one of the most challenging to explain.

Isaac Newton was the first to propose the idea of gravity, supposedly inspired by an apple falling from a tree. He described gravity as a literal attraction between two objects.


Electromagnetic force
The electromagnetic force, also called the Lorentz force, acts between charged particles, like negatively charged electrons and positively charged protons. Opposite charges attract one another, while like charges repel. The greater the charge, the greater the force. And much like gravity, this force can be felt from an infinite distance (albeit the force would be very, very small at that distance).

As its name indicates, the electromagnetic force consists of two parts: the electric force and the magnetic force. At first, physicists described these forces as separate from one another, but researchers later realized that the two are components of the same force.

The electric component acts between charged particles whether they're moving or stationary, creating a field by which the charges can influence each other. But once set into motion, those charged particles begin to display the second component, the magnetic force. The particles create a magnetic field around them as they move. So when electrons zoom through a wire to charge your computer or phone or turn on your TV, for example, the wire becomes magnetic.

Electromagnetic forces are transferred between charged particles through the exchange of massless, force-carrying bosons called photons, which are also the particle components of light. The force-carrying photons that swap between charged particles, however, are a different manifestation of photons. They are virtual and undetectable, even though they are technically the same particles as the real and detectable version, according to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.

The electromagnetic force is responsible for some of the most commonly experienced phenomena: friction, elasticity, the normal force and the force holding solids together in a given shape. It's even responsible for the drag that birds, planes and even Superman experience while flying. These actions can occur because of charged (or neutralized) particles interacting with one another. The normal force that keeps a book on top of a table (instead of gravity pulling the book through to the ground), for example, is a consequence of electrons in the table's atoms repelling electrons in the book's atoms.


The strong nuclear force
The strong nuclear force, also called the strong nuclear interaction, is the strongest of the four fundamental forces of nature. It's 6 thousand trillion trillion trillion (that's 39 zeroes after 6!) times stronger than the force of gravity, according to the HyperPhysics website. And that's because it binds the fundamental particles of matter together to form larger particles. It holds together the quarks that make up protons and neutrons, and part of the strong force also keeps the protons and neutrons of an atom's nucleus together.

Much like the weak force, the strong force operates only when subatomic particles are extremely close to one another. They have to be somewhere within 10^-15 meters from each other, or roughly within the diameter of a proton.

The strong force is odd, though, because unlike any of the other fundamental forces, it gets weaker as subatomic particles move closer together. It actually reaches maximum strength when the particles are farthest away from each other, according to Fermilab. Once within range, massless charged bosons called gluons transmit the strong force between quarks and keep them "glued" together. A tiny fraction of the strong force called the residual strong force acts between protons and neutrons. Protons in the nucleus repel one another because of their similar charge, but the residual strong force can overcome this repulsion, so the particles stay bound in an atom's nucleus.


The weak force
The weak force, also called the weak nuclear interaction, is responsible for particle decay. This is the literal change of one type of subatomic particle into another. So, for example, a neutrino that strays close to a neutron can turn the neutron into a proton while the neutrino becomes an electron.

Physicists describe this interaction through the exchange of force-carrying particles called bosons. Specific kinds of bosons are responsible for the weak force, electromagnetic force and strong force. In the weak force, the bosons are charged particles called W and Z bosons. When subatomic particles such as protons, neutrons and electrons come within 10^-18 meters, or 0.1% of the diameter of a proton, of one another, they can exchange these bosons. As a result, the subatomic particles decay into new particles, according to Georgia State University's HyperPhysics website.

The weak force is critical for the nuclear fusion reactions that power the sun and produce the energy needed for most life forms here on Earth. It's also why archaeologists can use carbon-14 to date ancient bone, wood and other formerly living artifacts. Carbon-14 has six protons and eight neutrons; one of those neutrons decays into a proton to make nitrogen-14, which has seven protons and seven neutrons. This decay happens at a predictable rate, allowing scientists to determine how old such artifacts are.


You skipped your Abilify again.


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
12-09-2023 00:20
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2996)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote: If solid matter is only an illusion and is full of voids, how does shit (or steel) not just fall apart?

Hence the testament to the fundamental forces of nature. At your leisure, read about them. estimated one minute each:

I'll put them here for you:

Gravity
Gravity is the attraction between two objects that have mass or energy, whether this is seen in dropping a rock from a bridge, a planet orbiting a star or the moon causing ocean tides. Gravity is probably the most intuitive and familiar of the fundamental forces, but it's also been one of the most challenging to explain.

Isaac Newton was the first to propose the idea of gravity, supposedly inspired by an apple falling from a tree. He described gravity as a literal attraction between two objects.


Electromagnetic force
The electromagnetic force, also called the Lorentz force, acts between charged particles, like negatively charged electrons and positively charged protons. Opposite charges attract one another, while like charges repel. The greater the charge, the greater the force. And much like gravity, this force can be felt from an infinite distance (albeit the force would be very, very small at that distance).

As its name indicates, the electromagnetic force consists of two parts: the electric force and the magnetic force. At first, physicists described these forces as separate from one another, but researchers later realized that the two are components of the same force.

The electric component acts between charged particles whether they're moving or stationary, creating a field by which the charges can influence each other. But once set into motion, those charged particles begin to display the second component, the magnetic force. The particles create a magnetic field around them as they move. So when electrons zoom through a wire to charge your computer or phone or turn on your TV, for example, the wire becomes magnetic.

Electromagnetic forces are transferred between charged particles through the exchange of massless, force-carrying bosons called photons, which are also the particle components of light. The force-carrying photons that swap between charged particles, however, are a different manifestation of photons. They are virtual and undetectable, even though they are technically the same particles as the real and detectable version, according to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.

The electromagnetic force is responsible for some of the most commonly experienced phenomena: friction, elasticity, the normal force and the force holding solids together in a given shape. It's even responsible for the drag that birds, planes and even Superman experience while flying. These actions can occur because of charged (or neutralized) particles interacting with one another. The normal force that keeps a book on top of a table (instead of gravity pulling the book through to the ground), for example, is a consequence of electrons in the table's atoms repelling electrons in the book's atoms.


The strong nuclear force
The strong nuclear force, also called the strong nuclear interaction, is the strongest of the four fundamental forces of nature. It's 6 thousand trillion trillion trillion (that's 39 zeroes after 6!) times stronger than the force of gravity, according to the HyperPhysics website. And that's because it binds the fundamental particles of matter together to form larger particles. It holds together the quarks that make up protons and neutrons, and part of the strong force also keeps the protons and neutrons of an atom's nucleus together.

Much like the weak force, the strong force operates only when subatomic particles are extremely close to one another. They have to be somewhere within 10^-15 meters from each other, or roughly within the diameter of a proton.

The strong force is odd, though, because unlike any of the other fundamental forces, it gets weaker as subatomic particles move closer together. It actually reaches maximum strength when the particles are farthest away from each other, according to Fermilab. Once within range, massless charged bosons called gluons transmit the strong force between quarks and keep them "glued" together. A tiny fraction of the strong force called the residual strong force acts between protons and neutrons. Protons in the nucleus repel one another because of their similar charge, but the residual strong force can overcome this repulsion, so the particles stay bound in an atom's nucleus.


The weak force
The weak force, also called the weak nuclear interaction, is responsible for particle decay. This is the literal change of one type of subatomic particle into another. So, for example, a neutrino that strays close to a neutron can turn the neutron into a proton while the neutrino becomes an electron.

Physicists describe this interaction through the exchange of force-carrying particles called bosons. Specific kinds of bosons are responsible for the weak force, electromagnetic force and strong force. In the weak force, the bosons are charged particles called W and Z bosons. When subatomic particles such as protons, neutrons and electrons come within 10^-18 meters, or 0.1% of the diameter of a proton, of one another, they can exchange these bosons. As a result, the subatomic particles decay into new particles, according to Georgia State University's HyperPhysics website.

The weak force is critical for the nuclear fusion reactions that power the sun and produce the energy needed for most life forms here on Earth. It's also why archaeologists can use carbon-14 to date ancient bone, wood and other formerly living artifacts. Carbon-14 has six protons and eight neutrons; one of those neutrons decays into a proton to make nitrogen-14, which has seven protons and seven neutrons. This decay happens at a predictable rate, allowing scientists to determine how old such artifacts are.


You skipped your Abilify again.


The moron claiming a 130 IQ enters a microwave discussion with a comment about pharmaceuticals. Got it.


Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
12-09-2023 01:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5737)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote: If solid matter is only an illusion and is full of voids, how does shit (or steel) not just fall apart?

Hence the testament to the fundamental forces of nature. At your leisure, read about them. estimated one minute each:

I'll put them here for you:

Gravity
Gravity is the attraction between two objects that have mass or energy, whether this is seen in dropping a rock from a bridge, a planet orbiting a star or the moon causing ocean tides. Gravity is probably the most intuitive and familiar of the fundamental forces, but it's also been one of the most challenging to explain.

Isaac Newton was the first to propose the idea of gravity, supposedly inspired by an apple falling from a tree. He described gravity as a literal attraction between two objects.


Electromagnetic force
The electromagnetic force, also called the Lorentz force, acts between charged particles, like negatively charged electrons and positively charged protons. Opposite charges attract one another, while like charges repel. The greater the charge, the greater the force. And much like gravity, this force can be felt from an infinite distance (albeit the force would be very, very small at that distance).

As its name indicates, the electromagnetic force consists of two parts: the electric force and the magnetic force. At first, physicists described these forces as separate from one another, but researchers later realized that the two are components of the same force.

The electric component acts between charged particles whether they're moving or stationary, creating a field by which the charges can influence each other. But once set into motion, those charged particles begin to display the second component, the magnetic force. The particles create a magnetic field around them as they move. So when electrons zoom through a wire to charge your computer or phone or turn on your TV, for example, the wire becomes magnetic.

Electromagnetic forces are transferred between charged particles through the exchange of massless, force-carrying bosons called photons, which are also the particle components of light. The force-carrying photons that swap between charged particles, however, are a different manifestation of photons. They are virtual and undetectable, even though they are technically the same particles as the real and detectable version, according to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.

The electromagnetic force is responsible for some of the most commonly experienced phenomena: friction, elasticity, the normal force and the force holding solids together in a given shape. It's even responsible for the drag that birds, planes and even Superman experience while flying. These actions can occur because of charged (or neutralized) particles interacting with one another. The normal force that keeps a book on top of a table (instead of gravity pulling the book through to the ground), for example, is a consequence of electrons in the table's atoms repelling electrons in the book's atoms.


The strong nuclear force
The strong nuclear force, also called the strong nuclear interaction, is the strongest of the four fundamental forces of nature. It's 6 thousand trillion trillion trillion (that's 39 zeroes after 6!) times stronger than the force of gravity, according to the HyperPhysics website. And that's because it binds the fundamental particles of matter together to form larger particles. It holds together the quarks that make up protons and neutrons, and part of the strong force also keeps the protons and neutrons of an atom's nucleus together.

Much like the weak force, the strong force operates only when subatomic particles are extremely close to one another. They have to be somewhere within 10^-15 meters from each other, or roughly within the diameter of a proton.

The strong force is odd, though, because unlike any of the other fundamental forces, it gets weaker as subatomic particles move closer together. It actually reaches maximum strength when the particles are farthest away from each other, according to Fermilab. Once within range, massless charged bosons called gluons transmit the strong force between quarks and keep them "glued" together. A tiny fraction of the strong force called the residual strong force acts between protons and neutrons. Protons in the nucleus repel one another because of their similar charge, but the residual strong force can overcome this repulsion, so the particles stay bound in an atom's nucleus.


The weak force
The weak force, also called the weak nuclear interaction, is responsible for particle decay. This is the literal change of one type of subatomic particle into another. So, for example, a neutrino that strays close to a neutron can turn the neutron into a proton while the neutrino becomes an electron.

Physicists describe this interaction through the exchange of force-carrying particles called bosons. Specific kinds of bosons are responsible for the weak force, electromagnetic force and strong force. In the weak force, the bosons are charged particles called W and Z bosons. When subatomic particles such as protons, neutrons and electrons come within 10^-18 meters, or 0.1% of the diameter of a proton, of one another, they can exchange these bosons. As a result, the subatomic particles decay into new particles, according to Georgia State University's HyperPhysics website.

The weak force is critical for the nuclear fusion reactions that power the sun and produce the energy needed for most life forms here on Earth. It's also why archaeologists can use carbon-14 to date ancient bone, wood and other formerly living artifacts. Carbon-14 has six protons and eight neutrons; one of those neutrons decays into a proton to make nitrogen-14, which has seven protons and seven neutrons. This decay happens at a predictable rate, allowing scientists to determine how old such artifacts are.


You skipped your Abilify again.


The moron claiming a 130 IQ enters a microwave discussion with a comment about pharmaceuticals. Got it.


Just think how much more content that you would be if you took your Chlorpromazine on time, but shout away if you must, I find it refreshing. Would you like a punching bag with your Moms face on it again?


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
RE: The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the12-09-2023 19:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22173)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Am I not thinking of this to proper scale? If I pass in between 2 cars and destroy the 3 by impact (it's OK, it was a Prius) then I passed through a gap. See what I'm saying? Can you explain this in layman's terms form me? I need a floatie.

Sure. Let's imagine once again that you are a microwave photon. You find that you have no steering wheel. You fly straight through space.

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach a one-meter diameter water molecule about two kilometers off your starboard bow, prompting you to check your monitor. Sure enough, you have entered the water meteor field whereby each water molecule is one meter in diameter, and on average they are roughly 30-kilometers apart. So vast is the space between them that, as you enter the water, you begin to think that you could fly forever without ever hitting one. But then you do some quick math and realize that given the distance you will traveling through the water field, it's pretty much a guarantee that you will hit one, with "sooner" being more likely than "later."

Now, let's run through the same example, but from a quantum mechanics perspective:

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach the water nebula cloud up ahead, as plain as day. It looks kind of like a vast monochromatic heat map that spans the horizon. You know this is going to be bad because each water molecule is itself invisible, existing as only a range of probabilities that it exists at any given point, a range that spans out kilometers in all directions, reaching into and mixing with the ranges of possibilities of the other equally invisible molecules, whose electrons and protons are themselves ebbing and surging ranges of existence probabilities.

This is bad because even if you had the capability of swerving to avoid a molecule in your path, the only way to know where one is ... is to collide with it ... which then alters its location and you no longer know where it is or in which direction it is now floating. But the "heat map" field still retains its awesome beauty.

That's rather a confusing way to put it.

The quantum mechanics perspective is straightforward but I find it a little difficult to describe because it's weird. If you have a better way to explain it, the floor is yours.

I give you that. Let me think about it.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 12-09-2023 19:55
RE: The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the12-09-2023 20:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(22173)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Am I not thinking of this to proper scale? If I pass in between 2 cars and destroy the 3 by impact (it's OK, it was a Prius) then I passed through a gap. See what I'm saying? Can you explain this in layman's terms form me? I need a floatie.

Sure. Let's imagine once again that you are a microwave photon. You find that you have no steering wheel. You fly straight through space.

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach a one-meter diameter water molecule about two kilometers off your starboard bow, prompting you to check your monitor. Sure enough, you have entered the water meteor field whereby each water molecule is one meter in diameter, and on average they are roughly 30-kilometers apart. So vast is the space between them that, as you enter the water, you begin to think that you could fly forever without ever hitting one. But then you do some quick math and realize that given the distance you will traveling through the water field, it's pretty much a guarantee that you will hit one, with "sooner" being more likely than "later."

Now, let's run through the same example, but from a quantum mechanics perspective:

As you fly through space, admiring how straight you fly, you approach the water nebula cloud up ahead, as plain as day. It looks kind of like a vast monochromatic heat map that spans the horizon. You know this is going to be bad because each water molecule is itself invisible, existing as only a range of probabilities that it exists at any given point, a range that spans out kilometers in all directions, reaching into and mixing with the ranges of possibilities of the other equally invisible molecules, whose electrons and protons are themselves ebbing and surging ranges of existence probabilities.

This is bad because even if you had the capability of swerving to avoid a molecule in your path, the only way to know where one is ... is to collide with it ... which then alters its location and you no longer know where it is or in which direction it is now floating. But the "heat map" field still retains its awesome beauty.

That's rather a confusing way to put it.

The quantum mechanics perspective is straightforward but I find it a little difficult to describe because it's weird. If you have a better way to explain it, the floor is yours.


I found the probabilities explanation to be very good. What I can't seem to grasp is a void in something as dense as water.

Also, IBdaMann, you are saying a photon finds a water molecule by collision. Into the Night, you are saying photons are passing right through, if I understand correctly. What dictates a collision versus a pass through?

Thanks in advance guys.

All materials, even something as dense as uranium, are mostly a void. Yes. Photons can pass right through.

What dictates a collision vs a pass through? A probability. Probability math is incapable of prediction. You can calculate the probability of rolling all fives on six dice, but you cannot predict when it will happen. Probability math, like statistical math, imports random numbers. This takes away the ability to predict (normally inherent in mathematics) in that branch of mathematics.

Atoms are held together by the electromagnetic force. That force makes ordinary matter possible. A photon itself is a packet of electromagnetic energy, and can be affected by ordinary matter, but it can also pass right on through without interacting with it at all.

Since we are talking about water, try the following experiment:

Fill an ordinary glass with water. Set the glass on a window ledge of a window facing daylight. Observe how daylight is visible through the glass of water. This means photons are moving through the glass of water to reach your eye (a built-in electromagnetic force detector). The photons, of course, are visible frequencies of light.

Even in the eye, not all photons react with the retina. Many pass right through the eye and the brain beyond and right out the back of your skull. You don't feel anything because there is no reaction or damage to tissue along the way. Only the photons that actually strike the retina itself will be absorbed (destroying the photon) and be converted into a nerve impulse (an electrochemical reaction).

Some animals, particularly those active at night like cats, have an extra layer of tissue behind the retina that acts like a mirror to bounce some photons that missed the retina back for a second chance at being absorbed by the retina. This tissue, called the tapetum, gives the animal a better chance at using the few photons around even in the deepest of night.

You can see the effect of the tapetum by shining a light into the eyes of such an animal, and the eyes seem to 'glow'. That's that 'mirror' shining back at you.

In all complex eyes such as these, there is a spot (in humans slightly off center) that is completely blind. This is where the nerve bundle enters the eye. This blind spot is covered by the image processing center of your brain. It just kind of repeats the image near it in your mind to cover this 'hole' in your vision.

Most light is NOT visible frequencies. How objects appear changes dramatically depending on the frequency of light. If you were to convert such frequencies to a visible image using some kind of instrument (similar to an infrared camera or an Xray machine), you would see a very different looking world. You can't see such frequencies directly. You must use an instrument to convert them to visible frequencies to get any idea at all.

Microwaves are pretty low frequencies compared to visible light. They can be generated in a few different ways, most involving a cavity resonator of some kind (sort of like a tuning fork for electrons). Water is translucent at these frequencies and can absorb the photons (thus destroying them) by conversion to thermal energy. Other materials in food are basically transparent. What looks opaque to you in visible light looks transparent in microwave light.

Water, which is basically transparent to visible light (it's actually lightly translucent and refractive), is more opaque at microwave frequencies. Food like a dry cracker (which has little water in it) is basically transparent to a microwave oven. It's like putting nothing in there at all and turning the oven on. You can actually damage the tube that way. The microwaves are not absorbed by anything but the tube itself. You get what is called a high standing wave ratio that turns back on the tube and kind of electrocutes it.

Whatever you cook in the microwave needs water (either ice or liquid water will do). Otherwise, it will not cook. Some pottery has some chemicals in it that heat like the water does at microwave frequencies. The plate made of this pottery gets hot as well. Other pottery uses metal in it's composition and will reflect microwaves. None of this pottery is 'microwave safe' to use in an oven. If the plate only mildly heats in such an oven, you can use it for short periods (certainly long enough to reheat your cold pizza!).

Microwave ovens cook by essentially heating everything at once. Inside, outside, and everything in between. This can create a mess since the inside can cook and not vent heat like the outside can, resulting in a small explosion (chili all over the inside of the oven!) that you have to clean off later. Some people generally put a paper towel or lid over it so the chili doesn't splatter all over the oven.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 12-09-2023 20:34
13-09-2023 20:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14635)
GasGuzzler wrote: Also, IBdaMann, you are saying a photon finds a water molecule by collision.

Physics predicts nature. Quantum mechanics is really just math that has no power to predict anything.

In a classical physics context, if you are a photon, you see up ahead and can tell when you are going to collide with what and can predict what the outcome will be.

In a QM context, you are flying blind and have no idea when you will collide with what, until you do ... and even then you aren't completely sure what you hit or how hard you hit it (i.e. Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle).

.


I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-09-2023 02:41
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5737)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote: Also, IBdaMann, you are saying a photon finds a water molecule by collision.

Physics predicts nature. Quantum mechanics is really just math that has no power to predict anything.

In a classical physics context, if you are a photon, you see up ahead and can tell when you are going to collide with what and can predict what the outcome will be.

In a QM context, you are flying blind and have no idea when you will collide with what, until you do ... and even then you aren't completely sure what you hit or how hard you hit it (i.e. Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle).

.





IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
14-09-2023 05:41
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2996)
Thanks for all the info guys. I've just gotten really slammed busy here the last 2 days but will reread all this and sift through it.

IBdaMann wrote:
In a QM context, you are flying blind and have no idea when you will collide with what, until you do ...


Wow. This sounds a lot like marriage!



Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
14-09-2023 13:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5737)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Thanks for all the info guys. I've just gotten really slammed busy here the last 2 days but will reread all this and sift through it.

IBdaMann wrote:
In a QM context, you are flying blind and have no idea when you will collide with what, until you do ...


Wow. This sounds a lot like marriage!





IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
15-09-2023 04:03
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Thanks for all the info guys. I've just gotten really slammed busy here the last 2 days but will reread all this and sift through it.

IBdaMann wrote:
In a QM context, you are flying blind and have no idea when you will collide with what, until you do ...


Wow. This sounds a lot like marriage!




Omg rofl @ this baby pic!!


RE: The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the15-09-2023 04:24
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:

Microwave ovens cook by essentially heating everything at once. Inside, outside, and everything in between. This can create a mess since the inside can cook and not vent heat like the outside can, resulting in a small explosion (chili all over the inside of the oven!) that you have to clean off later. Some people generally put a paper towel or lid over it so the chili doesn't splatter all over the oven.


As an example, if you put a raw 6 oz steak from the fridge, in a microwave for 1 minute, it will not cook evenly. In general, the outside will be fairly well done, and the inside will be rare.

Now, if you put that same steak fully well done steak in the microwave, to heat it up, for 1 minute, it will start exploding after about 30 seconds.

It's a rather vague thing to say, "cooks it all at once."

It generally seems to take longer for more microwaves to penetrate the inside then the outside. (though not as long as it would take a flame or hot coil)



Edited on 15-09-2023 05:19
15-09-2023 19:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5737)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Microwave ovens cook by essentially heating everything at once. Inside, outside, and everything in between. This can create a mess since the inside can cook and not vent heat like the outside can, resulting in a small explosion (chili all over the inside of the oven!) that you have to clean off later. Some people generally put a paper towel or lid over it so the chili doesn't splatter all over the oven.


As an example, if you put a raw 6 oz steak from the fridge, in a microwave for 1 minute, it will not cook evenly. In general, the outside will be fairly well done, and the inside will be rare.

Now, if you put that same steak fully well done steak in the microwave, to heat it up, for 1 minute, it will start exploding after about 30 seconds.

It's a rather vague thing to say, "cooks it all at once."

It generally seems to take longer for more microwaves to penetrate the inside then the outside. (though not as long as it would take a flame or hot coil)


You cannot cook an already cooked steak


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
15-09-2023 19:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14635)
Swan wrote: You cannot cook an already cooked steak

Sure you can ... and keepit remains ahead by a nose.


I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-09-2023 19:55
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Microwave ovens cook by essentially heating everything at once. Inside, outside, and everything in between. This can create a mess since the inside can cook and not vent heat like the outside can, resulting in a small explosion (chili all over the inside of the oven!) that you have to clean off later. Some people generally put a paper towel or lid over it so the chili doesn't splatter all over the oven.


As an example, if you put a raw 6 oz steak from the fridge, in a microwave for 1 minute, it will not cook evenly. In general, the outside will be fairly well done, and the inside will be rare.

Now, if you put that same steak fully well done steak in the microwave, to heat it up, for 1 minute, it will start exploding after about 30 seconds.

It's a rather vague thing to say, "cooks it all at once."

It generally seems to take longer for more microwaves to penetrate the inside then the outside. (though not as long as it would take a flame or hot coil)


You cannot cook an already cooked steak


You can heat that sucker up until there's nothing but ashes left.


15-09-2023 21:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5737)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: You cannot cook an already cooked steak

Sure you can ... and keepit remains ahead by a nose.


A cooked steak cannot be uncooked, unless the chef is a schizoid like you


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
15-09-2023 21:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14635)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: You cannot cook an already cooked steak

Sure you can ... and keepit remains ahead by a nose.


A cooked steak cannot be uncooked

Correct. However a cooked steak can be cooked further, unless the chef is more ignorant than keepit.
16-09-2023 13:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5737)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: You cannot cook an already cooked steak

Sure you can ... and keepit remains ahead by a nose.


A cooked steak cannot be uncooked

Correct. However a cooked steak can be cooked further, unless the chef is more ignorant than keepit.


So now you agree with me. Excellent!


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Page 4 of 4<<<234





Join the debate The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the :

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Lake Mead516-02-2024 00:19
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
Florida in hot water as ocean temperatures rise along with the humidity213-07-2023 15:50
Lake Mead Water Levels Stage A Comeback?431-05-2023 23:03
FASTER GLACIER MELTING MECHANISM COULD CAUSE HUGE SEA LEVEL RISES420-05-2023 19:54
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact