Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
DRKTS wrote:
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0SFi5bDlPI

Note
The huge imbalance of new high-T records over low
3 Tropical storms form before the beginning of the hurricane season
Last year's Arctic fires reigniting already

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
Hurricane seasons vary from year to year. This is normal.
Fires don't ignite themselves.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-06-2020 16:32
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)

An unsupported assertion. You say this but cannot give scientifically based arguments for this opinion and cannot explain why dozens of prestigious scientific groups do it every month."

Define normal, having this many tropical storms this early is highly unusual, last happened 70 years ago.

So what does ignite fires above the Arctic Circle? Magic? These fires from last year continued to burn deep underground all through the Arctic winter and are springing back to life now the warm weather has returned. That is why they have been labelled "zombie fires".
04-06-2020 20:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
DRKTS wrote:

An unsupported assertion.

Math counts as sufficient support always. Go learn statistical math.

DRKTS wrote:[quote] You say this but cannot give scientifically based arguments for this opinion

It's not an opinion; it's math. You cannot measure the temperature of the earth to any useful margin of error.

If you claim this statistical statement is false, provide a global average temperature within a usable margin of error computed from a valid data set.

... either that or STFU.

DRKTS wrote:[quote] and cannot explain why dozens of prestigious scientific groups do it every month."

Maybe they aren't very prestigious after all. They sound like losers to me.

DRKTS wrote:[quote] Define normal, having this many tropical storms this early is highly unusual, last happened 70 years ago.

Define "highly unusual," preferably in some way that resembles "highly unusual" and not "pretty ordinary."

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-06-2020 21:47
(21599)
DRKTS wrote:

Completely supported...by mathematics.
DRKTS wrote:
You say this but cannot give scientifically based arguments for this opinion

Science is not involved. It is mathematics. There are simply not enough thermometers to reduce the margin of error below the highest and lowest observed temperatures on Earth.
DRKTS wrote:
and cannot explain why dozens of prestigious scientific groups do it every month."

Random numbers are random numbers, no matter who generates them. Science isn't a 'group', government agency, university, academy, or any other political group. It is not any scientist or group of scientists. There is no such thing as a 'scientific group'. Science isn't even people at all.
DRKTS wrote:

Define normal, having this many tropical storms this early is highly unusual, last happened 70 years ago.
The number of storms hasn't changed. The date that the third storm has become organized is a record breaker, true. It is unusually cold this year, allowing these storms to form earlier.
DRKTS wrote:

So what does ignite fires above the Arctic Circle? Magic?

Lightning, careless people, arsonists, etc. I don't think any magic show has caused any wildfire, but I could be wrong about that.
DRKTS wrote:
These fires from last year continued to burn deep underground all through the Arctic winter and are springing back to life now the warm weather has returned. That is why they have been labelled "zombie fires".

They still have an ignition source. The didn't ignite themselves.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-06-2020 23:53
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Into the Night wrote: It is unusually cold this year, allowing these storms to form earlier.

Oh ITN, you shouldn't do that to the poor fella. I imagine the sounds inside his head are quite similar to those heard while teaching a youngster to drive a manual transmission.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
05-06-2020 03:24
(21599)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote: It is unusually cold this year, allowing these storms to form earlier.

Oh ITN, you shouldn't do that to the poor fella. I imagine the sounds inside his head are quite similar to those heard while teaching a youngster to drive a manual transmission.

With worn or missing synchro rings!

The Parrot Killer

05-06-2020 03:38
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Hi Keith.I live in Perth and eagerly awaited this unprecedented storm.It fizzled out the tropical cyclone in the North died out and the big cold front was just another one.At the moment we have just entered winter and it is blue skies sunny days in the low 20s and just perfect.regards Duncan
05-06-2020 03:45
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
And the first rains power always goes out we have a lot of above ground power cables still and the roads get slippery and people do not allow for this and slide in to poles in their hurry.Again happens every year like the death toll on the roads at Christmas
05-06-2020 03:55
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Also we had a record rainfall for May here in the west and all the dams are full and we have water for the next 10 years already.I do a lot of freshwater fishing and recall the 70s when the watercorp would do sprinkler bans claiming we are running out of water and I could see the dams were at 40%.Why do you feel you have to scare dumb people??
05-06-2020 05:04
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
DRKTS wrote:

An unsupported assertion. You say this but cannot give scientifically based arguments for this opinion and cannot explain why dozens of prestigious scientific groups do it every month."

Tropical storms can happen anytime during the year. They usually never get to named strength, until May/June, and usually go back to weaker in November. They've changed the way they name storms, to include sub-tropical storms now. They also send in aircraft (storm hunters), that measure wind speed a little more accurately. They've done this for a long time, but never used the data to define the official wind speed, and naming of storms, until a few years ago. Basically, we are still getting the same storms, just measuring them differently, more accurately. They aren't any worse, or more frequent. The main clue, is that out of the 22 storm names, we still seldom run out, and that's including sub-tropic storms.

So what does ignite fires above the Arctic Circle? Magic? These fires from last year continued to burn deep underground all through the Arctic winter and are springing back to life now the warm weather has returned. That is why they have been labelled "zombie fires".
05-06-2020 14:06
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
DRKTS wrote:
And we have:
gfm7175 wrote:
I have no clue what the temperature of my house is.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote: No one can know the temperature of Denver.
He's absolutely correct....

DRKTS the strategy employed by team denial here is to say that the debate is over before it began because nothing can be known. ITN has never described the temperature of anything can be known much less how, well, anything at all can be known. (see my sig)

And don't hold your breath on any calculations coming forth, they are not.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
05-06-2020 17:28
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted typical blathering...

ARF.
RQAA.
05-06-2020 18:33
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
DRKTS wrote:
And we have:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

DRKTS the strategy employed by team denial here is to say that the debate is over before it began because nothing can be known. ITN has never described the temperature of anything can be known much less how, well, anything at all can be known. (see my sig)

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN

It seems your friends are religious. This is what many Christians believe, the Earth is only 6,000 years old.
You need to remember, the church determined what science is because it's in the Bible. An example is the universe is 6,000 years old. Your friends seem to have similar religious beliefs. The following is a quote;

Let's do a rough calculation to show how this works. The age of the earth can be estimated by taking the first five days of creation (from earth's creation to Adam), then following the genealogies from Adam to Abraham in Genesis 5 and 11, then adding in the time from Abraham to today.

Adam was created on day 6, so there were five days before him. If we add up the dates from Adam to Abraham, we get about 2,000 years, using the Masoretic Hebrew text of Genesis 5 and 11.3 Whether Christian or secular, most scholars would agree that Abraham lived about 2,000 B.C. (4,000 years ago).

So a simple calculation is:

5 days
+ ~2,000 years
+ ~4,000 years

~6,000 years

https://answersingenesis.org/age-of-the-earth/how-old-is-the-earth/
Edited on 05-06-2020 18:34
05-06-2020 19:24
(21599)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
DRKTS wrote:[quote] It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
And we have:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

DRKTS the strategy employed by team denial here is to say that the debate is over before it began because nothing can be known.
Lie. Mantra 30.
tmiddles wrote:
ITN has never described the temperature of anything can be known much less how, well, anything at all can be known. (see my sig)

Lie. Mantra 30.
tmiddles wrote:

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate The Heat Goes On:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Some can take the heat, and214-10-2023 13:26
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
caest iron heat stoerage804-08-2021 06:52
The Atmosphere and Heat13617-02-2021 17:32
July 2020 - Feeling the Heat?7604-09-2020 05:45
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact