Remember me
▼ Content

Tell your old college professors to check out climate-debate.com for biogeochemistry

Page 8 of 8<<<678
01-11-2023 22:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
Im a BM wrote:
For people who actually ever studied science,

Science isn't a 'study'.
Im a BM wrote:
there was no "debate" about whether or not alligators can be scientifically classified as amphibians.

Science is not a classification system. Alligators are amphibians.
Im a BM wrote:
But then it became about the adjective "amphibious".

Now you want to play word games.
Im a BM wrote:
"Amphibious" can refer to inanimate objects. (amphibious assault vehicle)

Also an amphibian assault vehicle.
Im a BM wrote:
"Amphibious" could refer to the life cycle of many insects - larval stage lives in water, adult stage on land.

Yes. Many insects are amphibians.
Im a BM wrote:
But these animals are not in the phylum chordata, sub phylum vertebrata.

So?
Im a BM wrote:
Kind of a requirement to be an amphibian.

Not a requirement to be amphibian.
Im a BM wrote:
Many amphibians aren't even amphibious.

Then they aren't amphibians.
Im a BM wrote:
I was seven years old visiting the redwoods at Prairie Creek state park. The adult salamanders in the creek had GILLS. The rangers warned us that they could die if we caught them and took them out of the water. Once their gills got dry, that would be it. I am more amphibious than those salamanders.

You don't live in water.
Im a BM wrote:
I wasn't much older when we found a newt in the sand dunes. This adult amphibian was breathing through lungs, not gills. But if we put it in the water, its only move would be to try to swim to shore, with difficulty. I am more amphibious than that newt.

You don't live in water.
Im a BM wrote:
Much later I learned about the tree frogs in the montane cloud forest. Their entire lives are spent above ground in the trees. Some species create a mucus sack full of water to lay their eggs in, up in the tree. The juvenile stage is a tadpole getting oxygen through gills, but it never leaves the egg. After metamorphosis, it emerges as an air breathing adult which never goes near a body of surface water. I am more amphibious than those tree frogs.

You don't live in water.
Im a BM wrote:
But natural science is not a word game.

And you are playing word games.
Im a BM wrote:
It has been more than two centuries now that every valid scientific textbook has classified alligators as reptiles.

Science is not a book, paper, pamphlet, magazine, journal, or website. Science is not a classification system.
Alligators are reptiles and amphibians.

Im a BM wrote:
Word games about what is "amphibious" don't change that.
[quote]Im a BM wrote:
They just reveal ignorance.
And scientific illiteracy.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2023 22:43
(21612)
James_ wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
For people who actually ever studied science, there was no "debate" about whether or not alligators can be scientifically classified as amphibians.

"Amphibious" could refer to the life cycle of many insects - larval stage lives in water, adult stage on land. But these animals are not in the phylum chordata, sub phylum vertebrata. Kind of a requirement to be an amphibian.

I was seven years old visiting the redwoods at Prairie Creek state park. The adult salamanders in the creek had GILLS. The rangers warned us that they could die if we caught them and took them out of the water. Once their gills got dry, that would be it. I am more amphibious than those salamanders.

I wasn't much older when we found a newt in the sand dunes. This adult amphibian was breathing through lungs, not gills. But if we put it in the water, its only move would be to try to swim to shore, with difficulty. I am more amphibious than that newt.

Much later I learned about the tree frogs in the montane cloud forest. Their entire lives are spent above ground in the trees. Some species create a mucus sack full of water to lay their eggs in, up in the tree. The juvenile stage is a tadpole getting oxygen through gills, but it never leaves the egg. After metamorphosis, it emerges as an air breathing adult which never goes near a body of surface water. I am more amphibious than those tree frogs.

It has been more than two centuries now that every valid scientific textbook has classified alligators as reptiles.

SOooo, as an educated person you disagree with how a species breathes and instead uses how a motor vehicle is considered? And now I doubt you're educated.

He isn't. He's quite illiterate. Even his 'PhD' is totally fake.

But he really likes whining, word games, and buzzwords.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 01-11-2023 22:46
RE: CH2O is formula for formaldehyde02-11-2023 01:07
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(596)
James_ wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
For people who actually ever studied science, there was no "debate" about whether or not alligators can be scientifically classified as amphibians.

"Amphibious" could refer to the life cycle of many insects - larval stage lives in water, adult stage on land. But these animals are not in the phylum chordata, sub phylum vertebrata. Kind of a requirement to be an amphibian.

SOooo, as an educated person you disagree with how a species breathes and instead uses how a motor vehicle is considered? And now I doubt you're educated.

"CH2O" seems to get invoked as a player in stratospheric chemistry.

It is the formula for formaldehyde.
02-11-2023 02:48
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Im a BM wrote:

"CH2O" seems to get invoked as a player in stratospheric chemistry.

It is the formula for formaldehyde.

It's a gas of little significance.
CH 2 O concentrations were 0.399 and 0.410 ppbv for 0– 2 km, 0.250 and 0.355 ppbv for 2 –4 km, and 0.217 and 0.280 ppbv for 4 –8 km, respectively.

Those numbers say less than 1 CH2O molecule for every 2 billion molecules by volume.
RE: Just BEGGING to get doxxed...06-11-2023 09:16
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(596)
Im a BM wrote:
Google "Cyclical Continuum of Elemental Properties"

The Native American students just weren't getting it the first time, when it was time for the lecture about the Periodic Table of Elements.

The same presentation had been effective enough at the other community college.

But the puzzled looks, and the multiple questions revealed they weren't seeing the continuity.

The cultural bias of doing a lot of reading, starting at the top left, going across to the right, and then ASSUMING the continuity to the left end of the next line down.

The table was arranged like written text.

So, I started to draw a big spiral on the white board with hydrogen at the center.

That's when I got to see a bunch of students at once all get that delighted look of understanding.

The lecture went fine after that.

A few years later I started working on one at home that could be used as a teaching tool.

You can see it with five words entered into Google.

Chemistry teachers use it as a teaching tool.

Another special moment with those students came in the Natural History class.

When it was time for the lecture about Evolutionary Biology, they got it a whole lot faster than the students at the other college.

I think I was just a sentence or to into it.

I said, "All living organisms, every animal, plant, fungus, and microorganism are blood relatives descended from a single common ancestor."

That delighted look was already on everyone's face.

They had never been taught this before as science, but they knew it well as a fundamental truth known for generations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just BEGGING to get doxxed!

This was the open invitation to post a map to my home.

All is fair in war and climate debate.
08-11-2023 11:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14436)
Im a BM wrote:Just BEGGING to get doxxed!

Wrong wording. You INSISTED on publishing your own personal information.

An image search on your continuum graphic, as you demanded, reveals your name, Robert R. Northup, which you can see on the image. (Time: 14 seconds)

An internet search on "Robert R Northup Biogeochemist" basically reveals that you live in Oakland. (Time: 17 seconds)

An internet search on "Robert R Northup Oakland address" lists 4551 Fairbairn Ave, Oakland, CA without having to even click on any links. (Time: 6 seconds)

Google maps immediately comes up with THIS, indicating that you have a nice silver Lexus RX330, a Chevy 1500HD and a covered motorcycle. (Time: 5 seconds)

Anyway, anyone who is willing to spend a minute complying with your demands will learn at least this much about you.
RE: The map posted was not Oakland08-11-2023 18:41
sealover
★★★★☆
(1253)
IBdaMann wrote:

An image search on your continuum graphic, as you demanded, reveals your name, Robert R. Northup, which you can see on the image. (Time: 14 seconds)

An internet search on "Robert R Northup Biogeochemist" basically reveals that you live in Oakland. (Time: 17 seconds)

An internet search on "Robert R Northup Oakland address" lists 4551 Fairbairn Ave, Oakland, CA without having to even click on any links. (Time: 6 seconds)

Google maps immediately comes up with THIS, indicating that you have a nice silver Lexus RX330, a Chevy 1500HD and a covered motorcycle. (Time: 5 seconds)

Anyway, anyone who is willing to spend a minute complying with your demands will learn at least this much about you.

Branner removed posts that had a detailed map to a home. NOT in Oakland.

Maybe Branner would agree that providing a way to find a poster by recommending a Google search is an open invitation to have...

Well, maybe there is no unambiguous definition for doxxing.

But what IdaBM does cannot be defined as debating in a respectful manner.
08-11-2023 19:01
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
sealover wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Branner removed posts that had a detailed map to a home. NOT in Oakland..

sealover wrote:
Maybe Branner would agree that providing a way to find a poster by recommending a Google search is an open invitation to have...

Maybe you just need to be bitch slapped and grow some skin.
sealover wrote:
maybe you just need to be bitch slapped and grow some skin
sealover wrote:
But what IdaBM does cannot be defined as debating in a respectful manner

He will speak for himself, but I'm quite certain he has nothing but respect as he mops the floor with your ignorant whining. Did I mention you should be bitch slapped a grow some skin?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
RE: "..complying with your demands.."10-11-2023 17:33
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(596)
IBdaMann wrote:

At least Google is not so scientifically illiterate that it does not recognize biogeochemistry as an actual field of science.

But, "anyone who is willing to spend a minute complying with (my) demands will learn.." that I hoped to engage in discussion about this actual field of science.

Trolls always reveal their true colors.
RE: Branner will NEVER ban IBdaMann26-11-2023 21:16
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(596)
IBdaMann wrote:

Okay, Branner.

Sooner or later you will come back to check on the website, in case "AngryMessiah" or someone is trying to collect funds here.

You might eventually notice a PM requesting that you remove a post in which one member publishes the personal information of another member.

Heck, you might even notice that your website is DEAD.
27-11-2023 21:17
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Im a BM wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Okay, Branner.

Sooner or later you will come back to check on the website, in case "AngryMessiah" or someone is trying to collect funds here.

You might eventually notice a PM requesting that you remove a post in which one member publishes the personal information of another member.

Why are you mad at IBDaMann for your own posting of your own personal information?
RE: not MY Lexus!27-11-2023 21:32
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(596)
gfm7175 wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Okay, Branner.

Why are you mad at IBDaMann for your own posting of your own personal information?

Yes, I REposted IdaBM's post about some house in Oakland with a Lexus.

Not MY Lexus! Not even my house.

I'm not sure whose personal information IdaBM shared with this.

Maybe there is a biogeochemist with a Lexus who lives there.

How would Google even know what a biogeochemist is?

Isn't it just a religious cult started by some crazy Russian guy?

Somehow, it can be recognized that another member should take a course in computer science because otherwise they have no expertise or knowledge to contribute...

It is pretty obvious that most trolls have never even taken ONE college level course in ANY field of science.

But they are the only ones who know what "heat" means.

They are the only ones who know the difference between science and buzzwords.

That's why they call it all "gibber babble".

If I have no idea what a word means, obviously it is a buzzword that does not mean anything to anyone.
27-11-2023 22:02
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Im a BM wrote:

Somehow, it can be recognized that another member should take a course in computer science because otherwise they have no expertise or knowledge to contribute...

It is pretty obvious that most trolls have never even taken ONE college level course in ANY field of science.

If I have no idea what a word means, obviously it is a buzzword that does not mean anything to anyone.

Are you okay?
RE: Branner didn't bother this time29-11-2023 20:56
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(596)
GasGuzzler wrote:
sealover wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:
sealover wrote:

He will speak for himself, but I'm quite certain he has nothing but respect as he mops the floor with your ignorant whining. Did I mention you should be bitch slapped a grow some skin?

Branner's last visit was two weeks ago.

Either he didn't read his PM, or he just doesn't care what happens here.

Both his websites look like this.

A handful of members who have been there for years and have all racked up thousands and thousands of posts do ALL the discussing.

Not because there aren't another 1680 or 2500 members who are interested in discussing climate change.

It is because very few people want to be insulted by scientifically illiterate trolls.
29-11-2023 21:02
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
sealover wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:
sealover wrote:

A handful of members who have been there for years and have all racked up thousands and thousands of posts do ALL the discussing.

Not because there aren't another 1680 or 2500 members who are interested in discussing climate change.

It is because very few people want to be insulted by scientifically illiterate trolls.

Sadly many forums are taken over by people who have nothing to say.
30-11-2023 05:47
(21612)
sealover wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Branner removed posts that had a detailed map to a home. NOT in Oakland.

But what IdaBM does cannot be defined as debating in a respectful manner.

YOU posted your personal information, Robert.
YOU are the only one to blame.
You are not debating. You are describing yourself.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2023 05:48
(21612)
Im a BM wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

At least Google is not so scientifically illiterate that it does not recognize biogeochemistry as an actual field of science.

But, "anyone who is willing to spend a minute complying with (my) demands will learn.." that I hoped to engage in discussion about this actual field of science.

Trolls always reveal their true colors.
There is no branch of science called 'biogeochemistry'. Google is not science.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2023 05:49
(21612)
Im a BM wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Okay, Branner.

YOU published your own personal information. Only YOU are to blame. Projecting YOUR problem on another is an inversion fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2023 05:58
(21612)
Im a BM wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Okay, Branner.

Yours, from the personal information YOU published about yourself.
Im a BM wrote:

Trying to deny your own post again?
Im a BM wrote:

Denying your own post won't work. ANYONE can go read it.
Im a BM wrote:

Google doesn't 'know' anything. It's an indexing system.
Im a BM wrote:

Google was started in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, developing the search algorithm as students at Stanford.
Im a BM wrote:

DON'T try to bullshit me about computer science or computer design.
Im a BM wrote:

Science is not a college or a course.
Im a BM wrote:

The concept of 'heat' is defined by the 2nd law of thermodynamics, a law of physics that you ignore. It is YOU that does not know what 'heat' means. Inversion fallacy.
Im a BM wrote:

No, you don't get to call your buzzwords 'science'.
Im a BM wrote:

Your buzzwords ARE gibber babble.
Im a BM wrote:

Correct.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2023 06:00
(21612)
gfm7175 wrote:
Im a BM wrote:

Are you okay?

I think his post answers that question already. He's not okay.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2023 06:01
(21612)
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
sealover wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:
sealover wrote:

Maybe you should stop insulting people, you scientifically illiterate troll.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2023 06:02
(21612)
James_ wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
sealover wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:
sealover wrote:

Sadly many forums are taken over by people who have nothing to say.

And you have nothing to say. You have not, however, taken over the forum.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 30-11-2023 06:03
30-11-2023 13:13
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
sealover wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:
sealover wrote:

Says the nuclear scientist who claims that the Earth is 6000 years old

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
01-12-2023 04:17
(21612)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
sealover wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:
sealover wrote:

I never made any such claim. You are hallucinating again. The age of Earth is unknown.

The Parrot Killer

01-12-2023 07:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
sealover wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Im a BM wrote:Just BEGGING to get doxed!

sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:
sealover wrote:

I never made any such claim. You are hallucinating again. The age of Earth is unknown.

LOL the age of the Earth is older than the oldest rocks which are 4.7 billion years old.

Silly

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

03-12-2023 04:58
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14436)
Swan wrote:LOL the age of the Earth is older than the oldest rocks which are 4.7 billion years old.

I think you meant to write "3.7 Billion" as opposed to "4.7 Billion".

What dating method was used and what was the margin of error?
RE: oldest fossilized ecosystems 3900 million years old03-12-2023 08:36
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(596)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:LOL the age of the Earth is older than the oldest rocks which are 4.7 billion years old.

The oldest known rocks are just shy of 4000 million years old.

The earth itself is closer to 4700 million years old.

The oldest fossilized ecosystems are only slightly younger than the oldest rocks of any kind.

Banded iron formations, of the microbanded variety, were deposited in at least three distinct locations, as long ago as 3900 million years ago.

Banded iron formations of the microbanded variety are the fossilized remnants of photosynthetic communities, and ecosystem community succession between two different kinds of anoxygenic photosynthetic bacteria.

During periods of volcanic activity, the atmosphere was full of hydrogen. The most competitive photosynthetic communitiy was one that used hydrogen as reductant for anoxygenic photosynthesis.

When enough time without volcanic activity passed for the hydrogen to be depleted, the competitive advantage went to the photosynthetic community that used hydrogen sulfide as reductant for anoxygenic photosynthesis.

Back and forth, time and time again, leaving banded iron formations as the remnants of the sediments they deposited.
04-12-2023 15:34
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:

1. You do not think, you merely respond like a shark sniffing blood.
2. I did read an article several years ago where the oldest rocks were pushed back to 4.7 billion years by radiometric dating, however now I am only seeing 4.2/4.3 billion years for the oldest rock.
3. How old is the oldest thing in the world?

5 to 7 billion years ago
Scientists with the University of Chicago and Field Museum have discovered stardust that formed 5 to 7 billion years ago—the oldest solid material ever found on Earth.

ULTRA MAGA

Page 8 of 8<<<678

Join the debate Tell your old college professors to check out climate-debate.com for biogeochemistry:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Biogeochemistry Debunked2121-06-2023 22:46
What is Biogeochemistry?7207-06-2023 02:20
You work hard, to get your kids in college...1324-06-2019 23:01
Reality check: Maxime Bernier says CO2 isn't a pollutant. Climate scientists say he's wrong024-02-2019 04:38
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact