Remember me
▼ Content

You work hard, to get your kids in college...

You work hard, to get your kids in college...23-06-2019 18:42
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/climate-activists-block-german-mine-despite-orders-to-leave/960673460

Wonder how many of those kids have parents working the coal mine? Doesn't say if the miners got paid for the three days the mine was closed. The police should have detain the ones who enter the mine, until a full, and careful safety inspection was completed, the cost divided among those arrested. This kids brought chains, and tools to the protest, entered a safety equipment required work area, possible they did some vandalism, which could result in serious injury or death. If it was one of my kids, and I was working in the mine to put them through college, I wouldn't be wasting bail money on them.

These are the 'saviors' of our planet. After being detained, and eventually released (couple hours), they complained that they were denied food and water... Did they think jail was a four-star resort or something? The police just processed them through, and released them, wasn't much need of serving refreshments. Withholding water, on a short stay was reasonable, since then they would all need to go potty as well, which would likely mean putting the 'kids' in with the more dangerous criminals, least leaving them alone to perform some other mischief.

Not sure what they are teaching in school these days, but what are all those mine workers going to do for an income, without the mine? Wipe bird crap off solar panels? In a country without a high unemployment rate, and recently invited over a hundred thousand Syrian migrants in, closing down any industry, is disaster.
23-06-2019 19:10
L8112
★☆☆☆☆
(115)
The planet killers, and the low IQ thugs (police) who do their bidding might be able to arrest them now, but nature has the last laugh. The entire planet is shaking beneath the billows of the waves of hatred, greed, lust, selfishness emanating from the human mind. The natural world is trembling as its systems which support life begin to collapse like dominoes, all the while you sit back and watch with indifference, actually cheer on its destruction.
While those kids who have no future are arrested for speaking out, a few blocks away the wall street psychopaths go about their usual business lining their own pockets, while millions of humans under the age of 5 starve to death each year-poor to the extent that they have no food, nothing, and die emaciated. In the same way you are programmed to 'disbelieve' in climate change, so you also change the channel when you see those ads asking for donations for those people starving around the planet, in fact you hate the destitute, they are less than you, just like you hate those goddamned glaciers.
23-06-2019 22:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
L8112 wrote:
The planet killers, and the low IQ thugs (police) who do their bidding might be able to arrest them now, but nature has the last laugh. The entire planet is shaking beneath the billows of the waves of hatred, greed, lust, selfishness emanating from the human mind. The natural world is trembling as its systems which support life begin to collapse like dominoes, all the while you sit back and watch with indifference, actually cheer on its destruction.
While those kids who have no future are arrested for speaking out, a few blocks away the wall street psychopaths go about their usual business lining their own pockets, while millions of humans under the age of 5 starve to death each year-poor to the extent that they have no food, nothing, and die emaciated. In the same way you are programmed to 'disbelieve' in climate change, so you also change the channel when you see those ads asking for donations for those people starving around the planet, in fact you hate the destitute, they are less than you, just like you hate those goddamned glaciers.

You are chanting now. All you have is hatred. All you seek is misery. You even have to make up shit to be miserable by.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-06-2019 01:32
(5197)
FOOD... Plants are the most basic food for everything else. It's well established, that plants do best in a warm environment, with considerably higher concentrations of CO2. It's that CO2 in the air, that is key to pretty much every system in your body. Why would anyone mess with a better growing environment for plants, that feed every other living thing on the planet? You rant about babies starving, yet you want to remove as much CO2 from the air, as you possibly can. You don't know if it's actually going to have any effect on temperature, it's basically a test, an experiment. We know for a fact that a few degrees warmer, and 2000 ppm (2%) would be ideal for food production, something we badly need.

Glaciers have been melting since the last ice age, quite a few disappeared, before the fossil fuel burning. It's really amazing any still exist at all, simply because of where they are located, and ice is added every year, more or less keeping pace with the melting. Glaciers are on the move though, and eventually, they will be further out in the sun, and less protected. Guess somebody forgot a few details there. Yeah, the move real slow, but still significant.

Every morning you start a new day, it won't be the same as yesterday. You can't live in the past, nor can you turn back the cosmic clock. You can only move forward. Maybe it's my small brain, but it's an incredibly huge planet. We have no control over how it functions, only our egos are big enough to believe we can change the course. I'm just happy to be alive, and along for the ride, for my short time living. We can stop earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, droughts. Why would anyone believe we can control the planetary thermostat? We don't get to choose the course of the planet, it follows it's own path, we just have to deal with the bumps in the road, as they come. Life is hard work, always has been. It's not sitting on a couch, waiting for government handouts.
RE: L8112 Bent Over Furniture24-06-2019 02:16
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14420)
L8112 wrote: The planet killers, and the low IQ thugs (police) who do their bidding might be able to arrest them now, but nature has the last laugh.

This is the classic religious believer's take on "higher justice," i.e. "those who are trespassing against me beyond my control to do anything about it will eventually meet justice meted out by my deity." In your case you believe that either Climate or Global Warming will prevail and will "punish" the "evil-doers."

Are you smart enough to recognize a religious fanatic when you see one?

L8112 wrote: The entire planet is shaking beneath the billows of the waves of hatred, greed, lust, selfishness emanating from the human mind.

I'm sure you meant to write "emanating from the capitalist mind" ... and no, the planet's mass and orbit are simply not modified in any way. Beyond that, I assure you, the planet does not care.

L8112 wrote: The natural world is trembling as its systems which support life begin to collapse like dominoes, all the while you sit back and watch with indifference, actually cheer on its destruction.

As long as the unnatural world is still OK, I'm fine with the natural world falling by the wayside. We need more dominoes anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5jvUXij7nU

L8112 wrote: While those kids who have no future are arrested for speaking out,

Those kids have no future because of the stupid decisions they made, like naively allowing some Marxist to convince them that they are all "victims" and that they need to commit random acts of violence at the direction of scientifically illiterate morons.

It's really no wonder they have no future. They're complete idiots.

L8112 wrote: a few blocks away the wall street psychopaths go about their usual business lining their own pockets,

I'm trying to imagine what appropriate piece of furniture you were bent over while being told to believe that New York's Wall street was just a few blocks away from Germany's Rhineland region.

The funny thing is how readily you are willing to regurgitate everything that is reamed into you.

L8112 wrote: In the same way you are programmed to 'disbelieve' in climate change,

People are indoctrinated into belief systems, not into a lack of a belief system.

So let's talk about your indoctrination into the Climate Change religion. Who will ultimately triumph, Climate or Global Warming?

L8112 wrote: so you also change the channel when you see those ads asking for donations for those people starving around the planet,

Scams like those play on the emotions of the stupid and gullible. The intelligence and awareness needed to prevent one from falling for obvious scams also helps people to be successful on wall street and to grasp basic physics and math concepts.

L8112 wrote: just like you hate those goddamned glaciers.

I've always found glaciers to be very cold, personally, and they aren't much fun. Even though they cover a lot of ground they won't travel outside their comfort zones. One thing I will say about them, though is that some can be pretty deep if you get to know them, even though it can be hard sometimes to break the surface. Some are bitter because they just let people skate all over them.

But yes, glaciers are always beneath me, ... as opposed to the alternative.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-06-2019 02:50
(14420)
HarveyH55 wrote: It's well established, that plants do best in a warm environment, with considerably higher concentrations of CO2.

I need to quibble with this assertion.

Plants that are suited to cold climates do better in cold climates, and they will not fare very well if you transplant them to hot climates.

Also, it is well established that relatively few plants thrive in the warm Sahara desert as opposed to the much cooler Canada.

I think better wording would be that, if all else is equal, warmer temperatures lend themselves better to plant life by better facilitating the mechanism by which plants live, i.e. better evaporation through leaves providing a better draw of water (and nourishment) at the roots.

Also, aside from areas near volcanoes and around major metropolitan areas, I think all other places at equivalent altitudes have roughly the same amount of CO2, not factoring wind currents.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-06-2019 03:35
(5197)
Baiting...

The temperature increase being sold, is maybe a couple degrees, most plants a pretty tolerant to that slight amount. Deserts have other issues, other than being a HOT climate, like lack of water, maybe nutrients. Never been inclined to visit. Some plants adapt fairly well, takes a while, but we have several northern species growing down here in Florida, that weren't native, few of them are consider invasive. I know I didn't use an all-inclusive, but the plants we call food, can do well in other climates. Sure, we might lose a few, doubt it though, couple of degrees warmer, isn't really all that significant. I do realize that some plants and trees need a cold cycle to produce fruit. Still, I believe that a great volume of food, is better than a larger variety.
24-06-2019 05:11
(14420)
HarveyH55 wrote: Baiting...

I agree with your overall point. I simply had, as I mentioned, a quibble with a misleadingly-worded assertion ... and then I explained why ... and then I offered some wording that I thought would be specific and accurate.

This is, after all, a forum of ideas and words are all we have.

24-06-2019 06:08
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
I'll jump in here real quick....

The argument from the L8112 type crowd is that warmer temps will cause crops to fail and lead to mass starvation around the world.

So here's my take from corn and soybean country.

ASSUMING a couple degrees warmer, farmers around here would love it. We have some of the best soil right here in the Midwest for growing grain, but temps are slightly cooler than optimum on average. I know with corn there is no yield loss until you reach the mid 90s, and even then it is a tiny fraction of loss per day with temps reaching 95. Maximum average high is 84F, so a LONG way to go before any real problems. IF there was an increase in the Sun's output, then the grain belt would simply move north.

So when it comes to the point Harvey is making, I'll agree with him 100%.

Oh, and never mind the fact that we are told temps are in an "unprecedented" rise, while world grain production also increases year after year. Yup, eat your Corn Flakes while they're still available.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
24-06-2019 11:03
(5197)
I'm still trying to grasp the whole warming thing. Just not sure if they are talking about a 2 degree increase, 24/7 the whole year, or just during the daytime. If the planet were 2 degrees warmer, would that mean shorter winters, or just warmer winters, maybe both? There will always be cooling at night. Cooling due to weather events. Cooling during the winter months. To get a 2 degree average, is it going to be short periods during the summer, maybe 10 degrees hotter, the pretty much normal the rest of the year? So many other possibilities to play with the numbers, and still get the same average. Since the proposed warming is based on man-made CO2, would heavy production areas be super hot, and the 'greener' areas be spared? Really wish the IPCC would release their video game to the public, so we can play with it too.
24-06-2019 12:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm still trying to grasp the whole warming thing. Just not sure if they are talking about a 2 degree increase, 24/7 the whole year, or just during the daytime. If the planet were 2 degrees warmer, would that mean shorter winters, or just warmer winters, maybe both? There will always be cooling at night. Cooling due to weather events. Cooling during the winter months. To get a 2 degree average, is it going to be short periods during the summer, maybe 10 degrees hotter, the pretty much normal the rest of the year? So many other possibilities to play with the numbers, and still get the same average. Since the proposed warming is based on man-made CO2, would heavy production areas be super hot, and the 'greener' areas be spared? Really wish the IPCC would release their video game to the public, so we can play with it too.

Just six months ago in Seattle, temperatures were as low as 25 deg F. A few days ago, temperatures were as high as 92 deg F, an increase of 67 deg F in just six months!

Imagine where temperatures will be just six months from now!

What is 'warming'? From when to when? Why are those two points in time important? Why are any other two points in time NOT important?

The phrase 'global warming' has no meaning. It's a meaningless buzzword.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 24-06-2019 12:57
24-06-2019 14:17
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Into the Night Wrote: Just six months ago in Seattle, temperatures were as low as 25 deg F. A few days ago, temperatures were as high as 92 deg F, an increase of 67 deg F in just six months!

Cedar Rapids Iowa...

Feb 1st -30 F
May 16th 90 F

120 degrees in few more than 100 days, and no one died from it!!!!!
Edited on 24-06-2019 14:18
24-06-2019 16:48
(5197)
It's typically a 15-20 degree difference between daytime high, and night time low, pretty much everyday, year round in Florida.

Obviously, the 'Warming', is entirely just how a person interprets the observation, and there are many ways to look at it. The 'Data' being observed, isn't very precise, even with modern instruments, and a considerable margin of error, natural variance, that can't be compensated for. I've seen a few graphs, of possibly raw measurements. and they were very spiky, lot of room to see a cooling trend, or not much change at all. Most definitely didn't see any Hockey-stick shape to it.

Most plants bounce back, they can handle a little frost, a little drought, high heat. Takes a few days to do serious damage, if it's not extreme. Only took one night, hard freeze, to kill acres of orange trees on year. That grove never recovered, no it's strip malls, apartments, and storage place, oh, and a used car lot...
24-06-2019 23:01
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night Wrote: Just six months ago in Seattle, temperatures were as low as 25 deg F. A few days ago, temperatures were as high as 92 deg F, an increase of 67 deg F in just six months!

Cedar Rapids Iowa...

Feb 1st -30 F
May 16th 90 F

120 degrees in few more than 100 days, and no one died from it!!!!!

Yup, close to the same temperature range over the same time interval here in the Madison, WI area, and I survived it too...

Join the debate You work hard, to get your kids in college...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Tell your old college professors to check out climate-debate.com for biogeochemistry30704-12-2023 15:34
Basketball player at white house laughs so hard at biden speech that she collapses and ROOTFLLHMFAO027-05-2023 12:54
So how did the AI flight controller in the 737 Max work out2828-04-2023 23:02
LOL the new king of England never learned how pens work. Most inbred people have this very same problem014-09-2022 21:13
Merrick Garland is honored to work alongside the communist Gestapo FBI012-08-2022 03:04
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact