Remember me
▼ Content

Our Fragile Planet

Page 1 of 7123>>>
Our Fragile Planet31-08-2019 20:32
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
Hey guys. I believe this is the section for these kind of posts, but if i'm wrong please move it to the right one.

I recently made a video with the purpose of spreading awareness of the changes our dear planet is enduring right now. It's in dire need of attention, more than ever before. I'd love to hear what you think and if you like it, feel free to share it on your social media! That would mean a lot and I believe it would be a good way to spread the word.

Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF5jHjVt5tk&t=1s
31-08-2019 22:25
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
xchange wrote:
I recently made a video

Thank's for sharing and nice video. I couldn't make out part of the narration near the end "Abeedo responsibility" something

Also the "debate" about this issue online isn't about how to make a difference it's about if there is a problem at all. You'd find your audience for this elsewhere.
31-08-2019 22:58
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
tmiddles wrote:
xchange wrote:
I recently made a video

Thank's for sharing and nice video. I couldn't make out part of the narration near the end "Abeedo responsibility" something

Also the "debate" about this issue online isn't about how to make a difference it's about if there is a problem at all. You'd find your audience for this elsewhere.

Thank you. "it is our duty and responsibility to protect it.."

None told anyone to debate about the issue online. That's not how you make a difference alone. To make a difference it also requires a HUGE effort from not one but many people, to spread awareness of the all the issues that affect our planet. It would be one out of MANY steps in the right direction..
31-08-2019 23:43
(3979)
xchange wrote:
None told anyone to debate about the issue online.

Well there's:
- Firing up the base / Preaching to the choir / Organzing
and then there's:
- Building consensus / reaching across the aisle / reconciliation with the opposition

The online debate has more to do with the later.

Everyone should be on board with not having false information used and there's always plenty of that to be cleared up.

There are people out there believing all kinds of crack pot stuff. Some who believe climate change is a threat and some who believe it's a hoax.

If we are going to make our best effort to improve our own lives we need to have the most honest exchange of information and ideas we can manage.
31-08-2019 23:48
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
tmiddles wrote:
xchange wrote:
None told anyone to debate about the issue online.

Well there's:
- Firing up the base / Preaching to the choir / Organzing
and then there's:
- Building consensus / reaching across the aisle / reconciliation with the opposition

The online debate has more to do with the later.

Everyone should be on board with not having false information used and there's always plenty of that to be cleared up.

There are people out there believing all kinds of crack pot stuff. Some who believe climate change is a threat and some who believe it's a hoax.

If we are going to make our best effort to improve our own lives we need to have the most honest exchange of information and ideas we can manage.

Oh, I think we might have misunderstood each other. I agree with you that

"Everyone should be on board with not having false information used and there's always plenty of that to be cleared up."

I also believe there is a need for information on all fronts as there is still many people that cannot think in long-term risk assessment as well as understand what is expressed in the serious research.
01-09-2019 00:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
xchange wrote:None told anyone to debate about the issue online. That's not how you make a difference alone. To make a difference it also requires a HUGE effort from not one but many people, to spread awareness of the all the issues that affect our planet.

This is called "preaching." It's what religions do.

tmiddles is correct in pointing out that only people who already believe your faith will believe in all the completely undefined "problems" proscribed in your dogma.

I am one of those who is not a member of your congregation. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about so forgive me if I don't get all panicky and worried about your pantheon.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-09-2019 00:13
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
IBdaMann wrote:
xchange wrote:None told anyone to debate about the issue online. That's not how you make a difference alone. To make a difference it also requires a HUGE effort from not one but many people, to spread awareness of the all the issues that affect our planet.

tmiddles is correct in pointing out that only people who already believe your faith will believe in all the completely undefined "problems" proscribed in your dogma.

I am one of those who is not a member of your congregation. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about so forgive me if I don't get all panicky and worried about your pantheon.

I don't preach. That's not what i'm trying to express and I'm not religious neither. I don't really care if you are a member of my congregation or not. I'm just stating that our planet is out of balance and NEEDS human beings to change their behavior which is FACTS and it needs our attention. That's why I made this video, it's not scientific, because lots of scientists all over the world already did this job.
Plus everyone who is interested in this should also know the facts as our demands for fuel, water, land, and food are beginning to place a strain on the planet's limited resources.

The Earth's temperature is rising caused by a buildup of air due to pollution.

The biomass of wild mammals has fallen by 82%, natural ecosystems have lost about half their area and a million species are at risk of extinction – all largely as a result of human actions, said the study, compiled over three years by more than 450 scientists and diplomats.

I could continue like this and you talk about not panicking and worrying.. As Greta Thunberg said, would you also stay calm if your house was on fire?
01-09-2019 00:15
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
IBdaMann wrote:

You don't think we should spread awareness to those narrow-minded and ignorant people who believe it's okay to throw plastic in our oceans or abuse animals etc?
01-09-2019 00:17
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
I am one of those who is not a member of your congregation.

xchange,

IBdaMann and another member here, Into The Night are devout believers in an interpretation of thermodynamics (one in which warmer objects cannot absorb radiance from cooler ones) you won't find accepted by any scientists qualified in the field or in anything published.

They believe in it despite there being ample evidence disproving it and no evidence supporting it.

They are actually very important to consider in approaching the issue and they have counterparts on the other side of the debate.

There are people who adopt beliefs in spite of the evidence and who will actively and knowingly disseminate false information.

The problem is NOT with the people who oppose you I'd argue but with the people who think they are with you.

The greatest liability to scientists who call themselves "skeptics" of global warming are crackpots like IBD and ITN.

It only takes a few fools to cast doubt on an entire group.
01-09-2019 00:23
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

xchange,

IBdaMann and another member here, Into The Night are devout believers in an interpretation of thermodynamics (one in which warmer objects cannot absorb radiance from cooler ones) you won't find accepted by any scientists qualified in the field or in anything published.

They believe in it despite there being ample evidence disproving it and no evidence supporting it.

They are actually very important to consider in approaching the issue and they have counterparts on the other side of the debate.

There are people who adopt beliefs in spite of the evidence and who will actively and knowingly disseminate false information.

The problem is NOT with the people who oppose you I'd argue but with the people who think they are with you.

The greatest liability to scientists who call themselves "skeptics" of global warming are crackpots like IBD and ITN.

Ah okay, thanks for letting me know about IBdaMann.

You stated some good points, thank you for that.

"It only takes a few fools to cast doubt on an entire group." Word.
01-09-2019 00:33
(14414)
xchange,

tmiddles wrote:IBdaMann and another member here, Into The Night are devout believers in an interpretation of thermodynamics (one in which warmer objects cannot absorb radiance from cooler ones) you won't find accepted by any scientists qualified in the field or in anything published.

tmiddles is a scientifically illiterate moron who thinks he can get around physics by pretending to speak for smart people. Notice how he needs to give you conclusions to believe, to lock you into his opinions before you have any chance to learn any relevant information.

If you have any questions, just let me know and I'll help you get the answers you seek. I don't push any conclusions or opinions. tmiddles fears that for some reason.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-09-2019 00:37
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
xchange, If you have any questions, just let me know and I'll help you get the answers you seek.

Kind of like a crazy Yoda : )

He loves teaching you about the grand conspiracy where EVERY TEXTBOOK ON THERMODYNAMICS EVER WRITTEN GOT IT WRONG

Ha ha ha

I'm not kidding. They really think that.
01-09-2019 00:41
(14414)
xchange wrote:You don't think we should spread awareness to those narrow-minded and ignorant people who believe it's okay to throw plastic in our oceans or abuse animals etc?

That's a completely different topic and has nothing to do with the Global Warming religion.

I am a true environmentalist. I advocate strongly against pollution, and that entails knowing what is pollution and what is not. The Church of Global Warming is the single biggest threat to our global environment by trying to classify everything as pollution and everything as poison. If everything is pollution and everything is poison then nothing is pollution and nothing is poison.

Warmizombies have been the single biggest force undermining environmental efforts. I hope that's not your intent.

01-09-2019 00:45
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
IBdaMann wrote:
xchange wrote:You don't think we should spread awareness to those narrow-minded and ignorant people who believe it's okay to throw plastic in our oceans or abuse animals etc?

That's a completely different topic and has nothing to do with the Global Warming religion.

I am a true environmentalist. I advocate strongly against pollution, and that entails knowing what is pollution and what is not. The Church of Global Warming is the single biggest threat to our global environment by trying to classify everything as pollution and everything as poison. If everything is pollution and everything is poison then nothing is pollution and nothing is poison.

Warmizombies have been the single biggest force undermining environmental efforts. I hope that's not your intent.

Well, my video is about the environment as well, which is the primary subject of this thread.

My intent is certainly not to undermine the environmental efforts.
01-09-2019 00:49
(14414)
xchange wrote:My intent is certainly not to undermine the environmental efforts.

Let me ask you, are you interested in reducing the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere?

01-09-2019 00:50
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
I am a true environmentalist.

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:You also believe DDT should be legal I take it.
I don't have much of an opinion on this issue but I believe the government botched it.
We all know the way it works. Some wack-o liberal organization picks a protest cause du jour and protests....

Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
But you sometimes sound like you'd still have DDT on the market.
I believe it should on the market everywhere. It works.
01-09-2019 00:53
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

IBdaMann wrote:
I don't have much of an opinion on this issue but I believe the government botched it.
We all know the way it works. Some wack-o liberal organization picks a protest cause du jour and protests....

Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

IBdaMann, what do you have to say to this?
01-09-2019 00:54
(14414)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

IBdaMann wrote:

Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Thank you for the compliment.

01-09-2019 00:54
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
IBdaMann wrote:
xchange wrote:My intent is certainly not to undermine the environmental efforts.

Let me ask you, are you interested in reducing the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere?

Aren't you? Reducing CO2 emissions is important for the future of our planet.
01-09-2019 01:13
(14414)
xchange wrote:Aren't you? Reducing CO2 emissions is important for the future of our planet.

Absolutely not. Only someone who hates humanity and who hates all life on earth would believe something as terrible as that.

Plants need CO2 which is a life-essential compound. All other life depends on plants or on animals that depend on plants. If the plants go then all life goes.

Today, our atmosphere contains so precious little CO2 that reducing it further would put life in jeopardy.

Would you mind elaborating on why you want to do that?

Oh, I watched your video. It's a tool to manipulate people. There is no science in it. There is, however, a crying little girl trying to get me to make decisions through appeals to my emotions.

I hate when people think I'm stupid and try to manipulate me.

01-09-2019 01:32
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
IBdaMann wrote:
xchange wrote:Aren't you? Reducing CO2 emissions is important for the future of our planet.

Absolutely not. Only someone who hates humanity and who hates all life on earth would believe something as terrible as that.

Plants need CO2 which is a life-essential compound. All other life depends on plants or on animals that depend on plants. If the plants go then all life goes.

Today, our atmosphere contains so precious little CO2 that reducing it further would put life in jeopardy.

Would you mind elaborating on why you want to do that?

Oh, I watched your video. It's a tool to manipulate people. There is no science in it. There is, however, a crying little girl trying to get me to make decisions through appeals to my emotions.

I hate when people think I'm stupid and try to manipulate me.

Lol. What an ignorant comment. Atmospheric carbon dioxide continued its rapid rise in 2019, with the average for May peaking at 414.7 ppm. The highest level in human history and higher than at any point in millions of years.

tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

xchange,

I'm starting to get what you mean tmiddles.

@IBdaMann
Are you serious? Who said the video is scientific? Scientists all over the world already proved all the facts I state in that video. It's only to spread awareness, it's not mean't to educate people. This has nothing to do with manipulation, that must be one of your delusions.
Edited on 01-09-2019 01:34
01-09-2019 02:04
(14414)
xchange wrote:Lol. What an ignorant comment. Atmospheric carbon dioxide continued its rapid rise in 2019, with the average for May peaking at 414.7 ppm.

You are gullible.

1. The numbers you are citing are fabrications. The data are way overstated. Any reasonable person would drop that figure by 10-15% for a more accurate estimate.

2. We are talking about ~380 parts per MILLION. Hello! Do you know why it's called a "trace" gas? We are running on fumes as it were. How is a rational person supposed to care about some more parts per MILLION? Really. How? The next question: who in their right mind is going to get panicky over it?

If more plant food is in the atmosphere, great. I will celebrate that. Talking about needing to reduce CO2 because the "future of the planet depends on it" is absurd.

xchange wrote:The highest level in human history and higher than at any point in millions of years.

Nobody knows that. You have to be really gullible to believe that ancient Sumerians took CO2 readings.

xchange wrote:Are you serious?

Absolutely. I hate when people try to manipulate me.

xchange wrote: Who said the video is scientific?

I told you that there was no science in it.

xchange wrote:Scientists all over the world already proved all the facts I state in that video.

So you admit that you simply regurgitated what you were told to repeat by the people who manipulated you.

That doesn't inspire confidence.

What does inspire confidence? Thinking for yourself. Critical reasoning. Not appealing to emotion when you have no ideas.

xchange wrote:It's only to spread awareness, it's not mean't to educate people.

You're spreading misinformation. Any honest scientist would shred that video, I'm sorry to say.

01-09-2019 02:11
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
IBdaMann wrote:
xchange wrote:Lol. What an ignorant comment. Atmospheric carbon dioxide continued its rapid rise in 2019, with the average for May peaking at 414.7 ppm.

You are gullible.

1. The numbers you are citing are fabrications. The data are way overstated. Any reasonable person would drop that figure by 10-15% for a more accurate estimate.

2. We are talking about ~380 parts per MILLION. Hello! Do you know why it's called a "trace" gas? We are running on fumes as it were. How is a rational person supposed to care about some more parts per MILLION? Really. How? The next question: who in their right mind is going to get panicky over it?

If more plant food is in the atmosphere, great. I will celebrate that. Talking about needing to reduce CO2 because the "future of the planet depends on it" is absurd.

xchange wrote:The highest level in human history and higher than at any point in millions of years.

Nobody knows that. You have to be really gullible to believe that ancient Sumerians took CO2 readings.

xchange wrote:Are you serious?

Absolutely. I hate when people try to manipulate me.

xchange wrote: Who said the video is scientific?

I told you that there was no science in it.

xchange wrote:Scientists all over the world already proved all the facts I state in that video.

So you admit that you simply regurgitated what you were told to repeat by the people who manipulated you.

That doesn't inspire confidence.

What does inspire confidence? Thinking for yourself. Critical reasoning. Not appealing to emotion when you have no ideas.

xchange wrote:It's only to spread awareness, it's not mean't to educate people.

You're spreading misinformation. Any honest scientist would shred that video, I'm sorry to say.

You are spreading too many fake news pal. tmiddles is right about you. If someone is misinformed and gullible it's you.

So you think it's misinformation when I say "we kill and abuse animals, we destroy their homes" etc? Wow, and you are supposed to care about our environment?
01-09-2019 02:24
(14414)
xchange wrote:You are spreading too many fake news pal.

Are you Danish?

xchange wrote:tmiddles is right about you. If someone is misinformed and gullible it's you.

We're going to have a lot of fun, you and I.

I'll post a thorough review of your video. You deserve it.

xchange wrote:So you think it's misinformation when I say "we kill and abuse animals, we destroy their homes" etc?

Yes, it is pure misinformation.

I don't kill and abuse animals and I don't think you do either. There's a huge difference between "we kill and abuse animals" and "we don't kill and abuse animals."

So, over in your country, are people really that easily duped?

01-09-2019 02:32
xchange
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
Are you Danish?

What does that have to do with anything, lol.

That's not necessary. I think I heard enough, I'm not really interested in arguing more with you. I simply wanted to share the video and thought this forum would be a fitting choice for it, perhaps not.

Yes, it is pure misinformation.

I don't kill and abuse animals and I don't think you do either. There's a huge difference between "we kill and abuse animals" and "we don't kill and abuse animals."

So, over in your country, are people really that easily duped?

You really take everything literally, huh? That's hilarious the way you think. Facts are animals are getting killed and abused by human beings, i'm not mentioning YOU or ME specifically but anyone with common sense should get that.

You are really a piece of work.
Edited on 01-09-2019 02:33
01-09-2019 02:45
(14414)
xchange wrote:What does that have to do with anything, lol.

It has a lot to do with many things. This is a forum for asking questions.

Anyway, your evasiveness tells me a lot. Your hatred for life on earth tells me a lot more.

xchange wrote:

That's not necessary. I think I heard enough, I'm not really interested in arguing more with you.

It's not for you. It's for everyone else. You deserve that much. And I'll give your video added exposure by putting my review on other sites.

xchange wrote:I simply wanted to share the video and thought this forum would be a fitting choice for it, perhaps not.

No. You simply wanted to manipulate people with emotional misinformation.

xchange wrote:Facts are animals are getting killed and abused by human beings, i'm not mentioning YOU or ME specifically but anyone with common sense should get that.

Your hate propaganda doesn't say that ... It says "we" are doing it. You are lying for purposes of emotional manipulation because you don't respect people.

01-09-2019 02:53
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
xchange wrote:
So you think it's misinformation when I say "we kill and abuse animals, we destroy their homes" etc? Wow, and you are supposed to care about our environment?

I have a couple questions about the video....

Why was the bear shown with dreary and sad music?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

01-09-2019 02:54
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
GasGuzzler wrote:
xchange wrote:

I have a couple questions about the video....

Why was the bear shown with dreary and sad music?

....while the elephant had happy music and the smiling lady?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

01-09-2019 13:03
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:

You are gullible.

1. The numbers you are citing are fabrications.

xchange,

You can look long and hard on this forum and you'll never find a single bit of research, a study, an experiment or any form of applied science that IBdaMann finds reliable.

This is how the game is played:
Disqualify anything presented you dislike declaring it insufficient.
Be careful to never qualify anything! If you do you'll have real problems explaining why you disqualify equivalent references you don't like.
01-09-2019 18:13
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I personally think Global Warming is a scam. Part of it maybe with interest to protect the environment, but a lot of other groups jumped in for other less noble reasons. Either way, it's still a scam, and most people don't like being lied to, or manipulated, not to mention the thief portion either. The truth always comes out eventually, and people learn, become less trustful.

The socialist democrats in America are a good indicator, huge supporters of Climate Change action, but few, if any, do anything on a personal level to set an example of how an individual can reduce their energy consumption, or environmental concerns. The presidential candidates fly all over the country, usually in private jets they own, lease, or charter. Commercial flights wouldn't be as convenient, or luxurious, but less expensive, and wouldn't be burning as much fuel, since there would be 100-200 other people on the same plane. You see them speaking on TV, usually a single use, plastic bottle of water in hand, or nearby. If it's a sit down event, why not reusable glasses, and a shared pitcher? How many of them travel state-state on a train these days? The where and when, shouldn't be more important than stopping off, and talking to voters every where. Speeches could be delivered electronically, displayed on very large screens at rallies and fundraisers. There is live, two way video communications these days. Still possible to directly interact with the audience, answer questions. The audience is generally just a few thousand (at best), and it's mostly the same speech, same material, dozens of times, all over the country. They could easily expand the event to millions, all at one time, reducing travel a great deal, because they care about environmental issues... That's the politics wanting in on the scam. Can go into the business and money, economy exploit as well, but have to move on.
01-09-2019 20:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
xchange wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I don't preach.

Lie. You are preaching when you made the video. You are preaching right now. I watched the video. You are preaching. You are preaching for the Church of Global Warming and the Church of Green.
xchange wrote:
That's not what i'm trying to express and I'm not religious neither.

Lie. You ARE religious. You are a devout believer in the Church of Green and in the Church of Global Warming.
xchange wrote:
I don't really care if you are a member of my congregation or not.

Lie. Yes you do, or you would not have responded.
xchange wrote:
I'm just stating that our planet is out of balance

Scripture from the Church of Green.
xchange wrote:
and NEEDS human beings to change their behavior

Scripture from the Church of Karl Marx, from which the Church of Green stems from.
xchange wrote:
which is FACTS

Not facts. Scripture. Learn what a 'fact' is. A 'fact' is not a Universal Truth.
xchange wrote:
and it needs our attention.

You already said this. You are preaching.
xchange wrote:
That's why I made this video,

Preaching.
xchange wrote:
it's not scientific,

Of course not. You deny science.
xchange wrote:
because lots of scientists all over the world already did this job.

Void argument fallacy. Name these scientists, their theory of science they created, and how it applies in each scripture you are claiming.
xchange wrote:
Plus everyone who is interested in this should also know the facts as our demands for fuel, water, land, and food are beginning to place a strain on the planet's limited resources.

Lie.

* We have all the fuel we need. Market forces determine the price of fuel, and the commodity price of oil, natural gas, coal, etc. has never been lower. That means there is plenty of it. These fuels are also renewable (at least oil and natural gas are).
xchange wrote:
The Earth's temperature is rising caused by a buildup of air due to pollution.

No atmosphere is being added to the atmosphere. Define 'pollution'.
xchange wrote:
The biomass of wild mammals has fallen by 82%,

Argument from randU. You are quoting a made up number. It is not possible to measure 'the biomass'.
xchange wrote:
natural ecosystems have lost about half their area

Define 'natural ecosystem'. How can you lose half of what you cannot define?
xchange wrote:
and a million species are at risk of extinction –

Argument from randU. You are making this number up too.
xchange wrote:
all largely as a result of human actions,

All of which strangely have to do with anything that goes against Marxism. Strange the correlation, isn't it?
xchange wrote:
said the study, compiled over three years by more than 450 scientists and diplomats.

Since you can't name any of these scientists I will assume this to be a random number also. I will also assume you are referring to climate 'scientists', which deny science and mathematics, or 'green scientists', which also deny science and mathematics.
xchange wrote:
I could continue like this and you talk about not panicking and worrying..

You are preaching. There really is no need to panic.
xchange wrote:
As Greta Thunberg said, would you also stay calm if your house was on fire?

The house isn't on fire. Earth is green and beautiful. You just refuse to see it.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-09-2019 20:12
(21599)
xchange wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]xchange wrote:None told anyone to debate about the issue online. That's not how you make a difference alone. To make a difference it also requires a HUGE effort from not one but many people, to spread awareness of the all the issues that affect our planet.

Plastic decomposes, both in oceans and in landfills. All plastics break down in UV light.

Plastics are also food for bacteria. Those bacteria also live in the oceans.

Ever wonder what happens to all that oil that happens in an oil spill? We don't clean up every single drop of it, no. Bacteria eat it. That bacteria lives in every ocean. That bacteria likes warmer water, so oil (and plastics) are consumed faster there, but they WILL consume it.

xchange wrote:
You don't think we should spread awareness to those narrow-minded and ignorant people who believe it's okay to throw plastic in our oceans or abuse animals etc?

False dichotomy fallacy.

Sure, there are people that like to torture animals so that they live in pain or die slowly. There is nothing wrong with minimizing their suffering. But let's be clear about this. You live because animals die. Even vegetarians.

Throwing plastic in the oceans will happen. YOU cannot stop it. The Church of Green cannot stop it. The stuff isn't inert. It is food. Bacteria and UV will break it down pretty fast. So yes, it's generally okay to throw plastic into oceans. Those are BIG oceans. We can't make enough plastic to be a big problem.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-09-2019 20:20
(21599)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

xchange,

So Carnot's work and the work of Clausius mean nothing to you, eh? Neither does the work of Planck. You say these are not scientists qualified in their field.
tmiddles wrote:

It has not been falsified.
tmiddles wrote:

There is no debate. There is only denial by people like you.
tmiddles wrote:

Like you?
tmiddles wrote:

No, I openly oppose the Church of Global Warming and the Church of Green. As far as you're concerned, I am the Great Satan.
tmiddles wrote:

The Great Satan of your religion is no crackpot.
tmiddles wrote:

The Great Satan will do anything to shake your faith in your religion.

The Parrot Killer

02-09-2019 00:04
(14414)
Our Fragile Planet | The Only One We've Got

You know the saying, "Show me a Climate Change believer and I'll show you someone who is either scientifically illiterate or who is a flat out science denier." Apparently the warmizombies have abandoned all pretense of "settled science" and have gone full bore emotional manipulation.

"Our Fragile Planet | The Only One We've Got" is a "must see" for all gullible people who enjoy being regarded as stupid, who enjoy being manipulated out of their political voice and their cash, and who have an inner need for an omnipotent government to run absolutely every aspect of their personal lives. This video incorporates all the techniques used by Greenpeace, PETA, Time-Share salesmen and generally all scammers trying to bend you over furniture. This video presents no information. It uses no science. It just makes you feel bad and makes you believe that it is your fault.

Here's a play-by-play:
(note: the narrator is not a native English speaker which normally wouldn't be any sort of factor, but in this case it's somewhat humorous when he misuses standard "impact phrases" intended to elicit involuntary emotional responses)

0:00:02 – "clocks are ticking." Well, yeah ... millions of them. Oh wait, it's supposed to be "The clock is ticking" We're supposed to be stressed from the very beginning of the video. Got it.

0:00:07 – Images of three forest fires in Brazil. There's no mention of the annual forest fires in Southern California. Oh wait! California isn't a "Climate Ground Zero" ... at least not yet. Anyway, we know the story. No place in the United States can be worth protecting because the United States is pure capitalistic EVIL. Got it.

0:00:22 – Little girl crying at the EU, babbling in English so as to target the US and the UK for a guilt-Howitzer. She did not give her speech in Portuguese so as to target Brazil, nor did she deliver the presentation in Chinese, Hindi, or in any other language to make anyone else suddenly feel inexplicably guilty. Obviously well rehearsed, the little girl sobs at the "acidification" of our ocean, giving plausible deniability that a little girl can't possibly understand chemistry well enough to know that the whole "ocean acidification" crap is total nonsense and is in fact pure hype targeting the scientifically illiterate.

0:00:35 –Harrison Ford actually believes he is a scientist. This segment is in this video because the author thinks we are driven to adopt the opinions of attention-seeking celebrities

0:00:40 – "We are in the midst of the earth's 6th mass extinction." Right. I'm not buying it. I give the author credit for the ominous nature of the BS delivered with a completely straight face.

0:01:46 – I'm guessing this is the author of the video speaking. He's telling us how uncertain he is concerning the future if we "continue like this" (with "like this" being completely undefined) and the "consequences will become more [unintelligible]" (with "consequences" being completely unspecified).

0:02:05- A CNN anchor telling us that the UN is issuing a dire warning on Climate Change, while flashing a text box reading "REPORT: HUMANS BEHIND EXTINCTION RISK FOR A MILLION SPECIES". The creator of this video seems unaware of the extent to which he is lampooning his own video and videos like it. This is exactly the kind of ridiculous exaggeration you would find on a Saturday Night Live skit bashing conservatives. The author apparently has been manipulated into the erroneous belief that people consider CNN to be neutral and factual, and that the English-speaking world is somehow concerned about what the UN says.

0:02:17- The video very abruptly changes to animal cruelty. It's almost as though the Climate Change video ended and a PETA video suddenly started. The viewer is suddenly made to feel bad in an entirely different manner. Now the viewer is expected to bemoan global suffering imposed onto the cute, adorable animal kingdom by EVIL loathesome humanity. The viewer is expected to realize that he has never committed any such atrocities, but that such atrocities are being committed by other people who should be vilified. Essentially the video rallies people around a common, non-existent enemy.

0:02:35 – We're back to the earth again. The poor earth is exhausted and can't keep up. What? Hey, author, I bet the earth is strong enough body-slam your town with a volcano and not break a sweat. At no point in this video have you offered to make any sort of point. Do you have one?

0:02:44 – We're back to animals again. I'm not sure what's really going on here other than I'm sure that I am supposed to be reaching for my wallet to make a donation and to write my Congressman to demand my taxes be increased.

0:03:18 – We need to save the planet in order for our future generations to be happy and prosperous. So, we don't need to save people, we need to save specifically the planet. Is the planet hurling towards the sun? Is a huge asteroid on a collision course with earth? How do we save the planet? I don't think the planet is in any danger. The author of the video has made no attempt whatsoever to specify any danger to the planet. None whatsoever. The author has been showing images of animals all this time. Are they the threat referenced? It would be stupid if they were but nothing about this video makes any sort of sense.

0:03:31 – Now we get to the Christian argument that the earth is a "gift" to mankind (as opposed to mankind being a growth upon the earth) and by accepting this gift we have incurred the liability to protect it ... from undefined threats no less. I'd like to see that contract and where I signed it.

0:03:41 – The final segment offers hope ... only if all humans join together in one big Marxist ant colony dedicated to serving the plant and animal kingdom. The viewer is informed that alone he cannot make any change, but if he joins everyone else in a soldier ant role of service then he will be filled with that warm, fuzzy fulfilled feeling.

Oh yeah, I definitely recommend this video to everyone ... who feels an inner void that can only be filled by being tooled. If you can't get enough of those "starving children in Africa" videos then cue up this video right now.

02-09-2019 02:45
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Thanks for the play-by-play. Started watching it yesterday, but I had stop, just couldn't finish watching. Really, it stalled at 1:29, and hadn't loaded anymore. Left the window open for over an hour. Wasn't the video, just my slow internet.

Think that little girl was off her meds, wasn't really anything she read, that should have made her cry, like Joe Biden was standing behind her. Then again, it was a short clip, maybe he moved on, after she started sobbing...

Animal cruelty? Yeah, there are cruel people in the world, and they don't stop at animals either. I'm sure we've all seen animal attacking other animals on TV. It's much more viscous live. A small percentage of the human population does bad things, hardly representing all of us.

Earth is exhausted? Tell that to the people living in the Bahamas, still getting beaten up by a strong Cat 5 hurricane, which should be arriving at my door step Tuesday or Wednesday. It's a slow moving storm, so we get to enjoy it for a couple of days.

Brazilian fires... I've got a strong hunch that many of them were farm land being clear for the next season crops. The CNN clips weren't showing a whole lot of trees. I would imagine there are some that get out of control, and burn rain forest, maybe intentionally, but not that common. Lot of people moved to the forests and took up farming and ranching, as there weren't many jobs under the socialist government. Most people don't want to work entertaining tourist, socially... Hope somebody does a video on socialism in Brazil, as it's being dangled in front of the American voters during the coming election year. I don't think we have the same option of moving to unused forest land, and starting our own farms and ranches like they do.

There are a lot of lazy, inconsiderate people on the planet, and I would like to see some of the bad behavior changed. But, I don't believe that new laws or taxes will change anything. Enforcing the existing laws would be a good start.
02-09-2019 04:32
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...you won't find accepted by any scientists qualified in the field or in anything published.
So Carnot's ...Clausius ...Planck. You say these are not scientists qualified in their field.

I think you maybe forgot to quote them or link to the reference? Are you actually going to qualify some real work? Go for it : D

Into the Night wrote:
Ding! Wrong again:net-thermal-radiation "that a warmer body can't absorb radiation from a cooler body" DEBUNKED!!

IBdaMann wrote:At no point in this video have you offered to make any sort of point. Do you have one?
xchange, keep in mind IBD has never made a point in his history on this board. The only thing these guys say, quite literally, is that things are not true. That's it. Your video doesn't pretend to be a lesson in science it is making a social connection and I think you did fine.
Keep in mind these guys worship TRUMP so that they would be critical of an attempt to fire up the base is purely motivated by the fact that they don't like your cause. If you made a video EXACTLY like this about the need to have guns or banning muslims from the US they would love it.
Edited on 02-09-2019 05:09
02-09-2019 15:47
(14414)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:At no point in this video have you offered to make any sort of point. Do you have one?
xchange, keep in mind IBD has never made a point in his history on this board.

... so you too noticed the video had no point.

tmiddles wrote:Keep in mind these guys worship TRUMP

Otherwise completely off topic but why should you pass up an opportunity to virtue-signal to a fellow congregational, and aspiring Climate Scientist no less?

tmiddles wrote: If you made a video EXACTLY like this about the need to have guns or banning muslims from the US they would love it.

Again, you are dishonestly misrepresenting my position (and that of Into the Night as well). Please cite where I favor banning Muslims.

02-09-2019 16:06
(3979)
Rallying supports is the point. It's not a video that was made for you of course.

IBdaMann wrote:Please cite where I favor banning Muslims.

TRUMP begins with: "I approve this message":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoQff8MMVM
Big words on the screen
"TEMPORARY BAN ON MUSLIMS ENTERING THE US"

Your response was:
IBdaMann wrote:
Trump's message was one of security for the country, not one of racism and bigotry as the gullible have been tooled into regurgitating....Trump meant every word that got him elected. None of his supporters are denying what he said, only his detractors continue to this day to distort his message that still stands.

So I took that as YOU approve of that message.

I don't care if you pretend the words BAN and MUSLIM don't apply to the commercial. Because they do. You being crazy doesn't rob me of the ability to observe things which are factual.
Edited on 02-09-2019 16:07
02-09-2019 16:19
(14414)
tmiddles wrote:
Your response was:
IBdaMann wrote:
Trump's message was one of security for the country, not one of racism and bigotry as the gullible have been tooled into regurgitating....Trump meant every word that got him elected. None of his supporters are denying what he said, only his detractors continue to this day to distort his message that still stands.

So I took that as YOU approve of that message.

You intentionally assigned a bogus position to me out of spite. I merely pointed out to you how you were dishonestly distorting Trump's message ... so you decided that I was a fair target as well for assigning the bogus, distorted position you assigned to Trump.

You are a dishonest piece of chit.

02-09-2019 19:22
(21599)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...you won't find accepted by any scientists qualified in the field or in anything published.
So Carnot's ...Clausius ...Planck. You say these are not scientists qualified in their field.

I think you maybe forgot to quote them or link to the reference? Are you actually going to qualify some real work? Go for it : D

You go read up on them and their work yourself, lazy ass.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Ding! Wrong again:net-thermal-radiation "that a warmer body can't absorb radiation from a cooler body" DEBUNKED!!

Nope. Mucking up random numbers is not falsifying anything.
tmiddles wrote:
xchange, keep in mind IBD has never made a point in his history on this board.

Bulverism fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
The only thing these guys say, quite literally, is that things are not true. That's it. Your video doesn't pretend to be a lesson in science it is making a social connection and I think you did fine.

That would be a 'socialist connection', dude.
tmiddles wrote:
Keep in mind these guys worship TRUMP

Nope. He's a damn fine President, but I do not worship him.
tmiddles wrote:
so that they would be critical of an attempt to fire up the base is purely motivated by the fact that they don't like your cause.

Of course I don't like your cause. Your cause is Marxism. Your cause would see this nation overthrown and replaced with some kind of dictatorship or oligarchy.
tmiddles wrote:
If you made a video EXACTLY like this about the need to have guns or banning muslims from the US they would love it.

Wouldn't be the same video or have the same subject matter, would it?

The Parrot Killer

Page 1 of 7123>>>

Join the debate Our Fragile Planet:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Methane big part of 'alarming' rise in planet-warming gases106-04-2023 21:46
Quickest way to cool down the planet2007-06-2020 01:13
Global Warming, Planet Temperature Rising Is Like Road Traffic Congestion120-01-2020 06:32
Does anyone knew that plastic bags were made to save the planet ?215-11-2019 02:19
Petition to pressure governments to save the planet and humankind1024-08-2019 05:16
Articles
Barack Obama: Energy Independence and the Safety of Our Planet
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact