Remember me
▼ Content

Quickest way to cool down the planet

Quickest way to cool down the planet19-05-2020 19:32
Evald
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
Send a Satellite some where between Earth and the Sun with a big adjustable umbrella to shadow the Sunny side of earth. The umbrella should also be able to protect us from Solar Flares who can damage all electronics.
This will hopefully buy us time to solve all other issues, cleaning the air and more.
19-05-2020 20:14
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Evald wrote:
Send a Satellite some where between Earth and the Sun with a big adjustable umbrella to shadow the Sunny side of earth. The umbrella should also be able to protect us from Solar Flares who can damage all electronics.
This will hopefully buy us time to solve all other issues, cleaning the air and more.

What, the hell is wrong with you? I didn't move to Florida, because I really enjoy polar bears knocking over my trash can every night. I like a warm climate. If mankind was meant to live in ice and snow, we'd all be covered in fur. Cool the planet... Jesus, save us.

You do realize, that Global Warming, is one of those geeky video games, the college kids play, instead of doing actual college work? They just convince their clueless rich parents it's real, so they don't have to work toward an actual degree, like business management, or law. Kind of like the classes athletes use to take, so they qualified to play, but they really anticipated going pro, and making more money having fun, in one year, than would have their whole life sitting at a desk, their whole life.

Planet Earth is doing just fine. We just went through a long cooling, few thousand years ago. Don't be in such a rush for the next ice age, it'll come soon enough. Enjoy the sun and surf while you can, before it freezes over again.
19-05-2020 22:16
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
Evald wrote:

Uh...such a satellite would have to have electronics to maintain it's position. A solar flare could damage it's electronics too. More so, since it's out in space and not protected by Earth's atmosphere.

Systems on Earth are already well protected against solar flare activity. First by the atmosphere, and secondly by fusing and grounding. That helps protect against lightning activity too.

Plus, what are going to do about the cold areas the umbrella would create?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 19-05-2020 22:17
20-05-2020 02:13
Evald
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
Well the electronics behind the umbrella will be protected to.

We maybe not have to shadowing the whole sunny side but we need to cool the planet quickly to give us time to develop smart solutions to the big problem.

It was not so long time ago we suffered from a big solar flare it was in 1800 hundred i think and that time we didn't have so much electronic.
And if we lost all satellites and powerplants we are in big trouble.
20-05-2020 02:30
(21600)
Evald wrote:

Not possible. It's not grounded.
Evald wrote:
We maybe not have to shadowing the whole sunny side but we need to cool the planet quickly to give us time to develop smart solutions to the big problem.

Why do we need to cool the planet? What problem are you trying to solve?
Evald wrote:
It was not so long time ago we suffered from a big solar flare it was in 1800 hundred i think and that time we didn't have so much electronic.

Solar flares don't destroy powerplants. They can ionize the atmosphere, causing beautiful auroras to move further south, and cause radio blackouts; but these are temporary. They can cause voltage spikes on power lines too, but fusing and grounding stops anything from getting damaged by it.

The last big solar flare that came toward Earth was in 2017. We're still here, and so are our satellites. GPS did have a temporary fault, since those satellites were not able to communicate with their time coordinate station in Boulder, CO.

I bet you had a real panic attack over Y2K too.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 20-05-2020 02:31
20-05-2020 02:46
Evald
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
Into the Night wrote:
Evald wrote:

Evald wrote:

Evald wrote:

Solar flares don't destroy powerplants. They can ionize the atmosphere, causing beautiful auroras to move further south, and cause radio blackouts; but these are temporary. They can cause voltage spikes on power lines too, but fusing and grounding stops anything from getting damaged by it.

The last big solar flare that came toward Earth was in 2017. We're still here, and so are our satellites. GPS did have a temporary fault, since those satellites were not able to communicate with their time coordinate station in Boulder, CO.

Well that one was not so powerful as in 1800 telegraphs wires burned up and who knows how big the next one will be?
But this is just one of the problems we have to face, if the human raze want to survive.

I have no panic I know I die in o a couple of years, by sickness or age.
20-05-2020 03:06
Evald
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Evald wrote:

What, the hell is wrong with you? I didn't move to Florida, because I really enjoy polar bears knocking over my trash can every night. I like a warm climate. If mankind was meant to live in ice and snow, we'd all be covered in fur. Cool the planet... Jesus, save us.

You do realize, that Global Warming, is one of those geeky video games, the college kids play, instead of doing actual college work? They just convince their clueless rich parents it's real, so they don't have to work toward an actual degree, like business management, or law. Kind of like the classes athletes use to take, so they qualified to play, but they really anticipated going pro, and making more money having fun, in one year, than would have their whole life sitting at a desk, their whole life.

Planet Earth is doing just fine. We just went through a long cooling, few thousand years ago. Don't be in such a rush for the next ice age, it'll come soon enough. Enjoy the sun and surf while you can, before it freezes over again.

I understand that you don't believe in climate change in the near future, but isn't Florida suffering from a huge amount of storms who is coming more often than before and cost humans lives an hundred of million Dollars?
20-05-2020 04:18
(21600)
Evald wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Evald wrote:

Evald wrote:

Evald wrote:

Well that one was not so powerful as in 1800 telegraphs wires burned up and who knows how big the next one will be?

No telegraph wires were burned up in 1800. The telegraph system was not installed until 1850. The flare of 1859 didn't burn up any wires then either, but it did render the telegraph system temporarily unusable. Beautiful auroras during that flare too. Intense auroras were seen as far south as Charleston, SC and also parts of France.
Evald wrote:
But this is just one of the problems we have to face, if the human raze want to survive.

The telegraph system survived the 1859 flare. It was back in normal operation within a day or two.
Evald wrote:
I have no panic I know I die in o a couple of years, by sickness or age.

Probably of panic. Membership in the Church of Fear carries a price.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 20-05-2020 04:22
20-05-2020 04:18
(21600)
Evald wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Evald wrote:

I understand that you don't believe in climate change in the near future, but isn't Florida suffering from a huge amount of storms who is coming more often than before and cost humans lives an hundred of million Dollars?

No.

The Parrot Killer

20-05-2020 04:19
(5197)
Not a lot of people getting killed in storms these days, check the stats. Actual, fewer people getting killed during the storms, since people tend to stay in shelter, or at home...

I've lived in Florida about 35 years now, weather is getting milder, not worse. During the rainy season, we still get the near daily thunderstorms, but no where near as severe. We seldom get the strong winds, tornado warnings, or several inches of rain per hour. Hurricanes and tropical storms aren't more frequent. The pick 22 storm names every year, which we don't use up any more. And they start using those names, on sub-tropic storms, just a few years ago. Less frequent, less intense tropic systems. We get about the same number of major hurricanes every year, hasn't changed much. The damage done, always depended on how many, actually make landfall. You would think that with climate models, able to accurately predict the end of the world, could predict when and where a hurricane would make landfall. They almost never predict storms accurately. The spot them, observe them, and try to estimate, based on observations. Hasn't really change much, in 35 years.

None of Al Gores prediction came true. The polar ice didn't completely melt. Polar bears and penguins aren't extinct, coastal cities aren't underwater. 2030, 2050 predictions, are on track, to be similar failures as well.
20-05-2020 04:26
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Not a lot of people getting killed in storms these days, check the stats. Actual, fewer people getting killed during the storms, since people tend to stay in shelter, or at home...

I've lived in Florida about 35 years now, weather is getting milder, not worse. During the rainy season, we still get the near daily thunderstorms, but no where near as severe. We seldom get the strong winds, tornado warnings, or several inches of rain per hour. Hurricanes and tropical storms aren't more frequent. The pick 22 storm names every year, which we don't use up any more. And they start using those names, on sub-tropic storms, just a few years ago. Less frequent, less intense tropic systems. We get about the same number of major hurricanes every year, hasn't changed much. The damage done, always depended on how many, actually make landfall. You would think that with climate models, able to accurately predict the end of the world, could predict when and where a hurricane would make landfall. They almost never predict storms accurately. The spot them, observe them, and try to estimate, based on observations. Hasn't really change much, in 35 years.

None of Al Gores prediction came true. The polar ice didn't completely melt. Polar bears and penguins aren't extinct, coastal cities aren't underwater. 2030, 2050 predictions, are on track, to be similar failures as well.

Indeed. The Antarctic winter ice extend (surface area covered by ice at the winter solstice of that pole) reached a record maximum ice extent...the highest ever recorded, in 2014. It has receded from that since, of course, but it is currently expanding again, as is the north polar ice.

Be aware, however, that ice extent does not measure thickness of the ice or account for any other ice and snow on Earth at any given moment.

The Parrot Killer

20-05-2020 11:34
(5197)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Indeed. The Antarctic winter ice extend (surface area covered by ice at the winter solstice of that pole) reached a record maximum ice extent...the highest ever recorded, in 2014. It has receded from that since, of course, but it is currently expanding again, as is the north polar ice.

Be aware, however, that ice extent does not measure thickness of the ice or account for any other ice and snow on Earth at any given moment.

Don't forget, the ice extent, is already part of the ocean. Melting, would have no effect on sea level what so ever.
20-05-2020 13:51
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Don't forget, the ice extent, is already part of the ocean. Melting, would have no effect on sea level what so ever.

Quite right. The entire polar ice cap could melt, and it would make absolute no difference in sea level.

Perhaps they're trying to justify the story of Noah's ark.

The Parrot Killer

06-06-2020 02:40
Evald
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Evald wrote:

06-06-2020 02:42
Evald
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
Hope you like Hurricane also.
06-06-2020 04:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14420)
Evald wrote: Hope you like Hurricane also.

The windiest places are the coldest. Strong winds are very infrequent in the Gobi desert, the Sahara desert, Death Valley, etc.. Storm-force winds are the norm in many places in Antarctica, and the Arctic.

Similarly, cold planets like Jupiter and Neptune have permanent storms that rage for decades.

Are you implying that Global Warming is going to caue the earth to freeze and bring about major storm activity?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-06-2020 07:39
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
Evald wrote: Hope you like Hurricane also.

The windiest places are the coldest. Strong winds are very infrequent in the Gobi desert, the Sahara desert, Death Valley, etc.. Storm-force winds are the norm in many places in Antarctica, and the Arctic.

Similarly, cold planets like Jupiter and Neptune have permanent storms that rage for decades.

Are you implying that Global Warming is going to caue the earth to freeze and bring about major storm activity?

It's not global warming any ,ore. Nobody is buying that crap. Ir's climate change now. This way, everybody can see the climate change with the seasons every year, and every extreme weather event is a sign, from the Carbon-god. Florida is going to feel the effects of a subtle sign of the coming apocalypse this weekend. Louisiana is scheduled for a Katrina reminder.

Minneapolis had a climate change even this past week. With all the raging wild fires, hundreds of building destroyed, they must have had visitors from California. Guess the have some real estate freed up to plant some solar/wind farms now.
06-06-2020 12:10
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
https://greatclimatedebate.com/I found this site interesting
06-06-2020 23:50
(14420)
duncan61 wrote:
https://greatclimatedebate.com/I found this site interesting

There's an article there "Radiative emissions from greenhouse gases delay cooling, do not produce warming."

It should be titled "I want to convince you of a violation of Stefan-Boltzmann."

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-06-2020 00:10
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
are you agreeing or disagreeing with the article
07-06-2020 01:13
(14420)
duncan61 wrote: are you agreeing or disagreeing with the article

I think I misunderstood your post in another thread and answered your question there.

I neither agree nor disagree ... a violation of physics is not a matter of opinion.

The article about "delaying cooling" is simply an attempt to describe Greenhouse Gas as having the magical superpower to violate physics.

If you have a body of matter, e.g. a baseball, a skateboard, a planet, a molecule, whatever ... the temperature drives the radiance, not the other way around. The hotter a "body" the greater the rate of its radiance. In absolutely no case can radiance, i.e. "cooling" ever decrease while temperature somehow increases. Stefan-Boltzmann clearly shows the relationship and clearly shows how temperature and radiance must move in the same direction, i.e. if temperature increases then radiance and "cooling" must increase. If anyone ever tells you that the earth's radiance has decreased for any reason whatsoever, the implication is that the earth's temperature must have decreased, i.e. it cannot have somehow increased.

Temperature and radiance must move in the same direction. They cannot move in separate directions.

Join the debate Quickest way to cool down the planet:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Greenhouse gases cool better and cause lower surface temperature of earth than non greenhouse gases310-05-2023 08:27
Methane big part of 'alarming' rise in planet-warming gases106-04-2023 21:46
Earth has been in cool down for billions of years.2716-02-2022 18:45
Cool Experiment Idea1617-01-2021 23:25
Global Warming, Planet Temperature Rising Is Like Road Traffic Congestion120-01-2020 06:32
Articles
Barack Obama: Energy Independence and the Safety of Our Planet
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact