Remember me
▼ Content

Does anyone knew that plastic bags were made to save the planet ?

Does anyone knew that plastic bags were made to save the planet ?14-11-2019 04:45
mandalaputra
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
plastic bag were invented to save the planet, according to the son of Swedish engineer Sten Gustaf Thulin who created them in 1959.
the bags were made develop as an alternative to paper bags, which were considered bad for the environment because they resulted in forests being chopped down.
making paper bags uses more energy and water and they also heavier, which makes them more expensive to transport.
currently, the majority of plastic bags are not recycled and end up in landfill or polluting the environment where they take up to 1,000 years to degrade.
so, let's reuse your plastic bag to safe our planet. or buy your own reusable bags made from canvas.
I am Indonesian and i am living in Japan right now. obviously in Japan they use plastic bags more than Indonesian people. in Indonesia they banned to us to use plastic bags.

preference:Independent.co.uk
14-11-2019 06:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
mandalaputra wrote:
plastic bag were invented to save the planet, according to the son of Swedish engineer Sten Gustaf Thulin who created them in 1959.
the bags were made develop as an alternative to paper bags, which were considered bad for the environment because they resulted in forests being chopped down.
making paper bags uses more energy and water and they also heavier, which makes them more expensive to transport.
currently, the majority of plastic bags are not recycled and end up in landfill or polluting the environment where they take up to 1,000 years to degrade.
so, let's reuse your plastic bag to safe our planet. or buy your own reusable bags made from canvas.
I am Indonesian and i am living in Japan right now. obviously in Japan they use plastic bags more than Indonesian people. in Indonesia they banned to us to use plastic bags.

preference:Independent.co.uk

Paper bags are made from trees grown for the purpose. All kraft paper today comes from farmed trees. By saving paper, all you are doing is putting farmers out of business.

Papermaking does use water, but the water they use is heavily recycled. Pulp plants even have their own water processing plants for this purpose. The chemicals they use for bleaching and extracting are common and cheap. Paper naturally decomposes very quickly when buried.

Plastic bags use oil byproducts. The plastic is thin, but tough. It naturally breaks down in the presence of UV. They also break down pretty quickly when buried in landfills, but not quite as fast as paper.

Neither material is plutonium. Don't treat it like plutonium. None of it lasts anywhere close to 1000 years.

Since you are living in Japan right now, you have already found their habit of over packaging a LOT. They just like packages!

There is a caveat with the canvas bags. They can harbor bacteria really easily. They tend to get beat up in the wash, too. If you like 'em, use 'em. But be aware of their drawbacks.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-11-2019 02:19
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
mandalaputra wrote:...let's reuse your plastic bag to safe our planet.
Or we could not think about them at all! Because who cares really.

When is someone going to clean up all these sea shells? I mean come on, the litter the beach!!

What's the half life on a sea shell?

I had a friend go to college in Connecticut from a seasonless state. She actually wondered at one point when someone would come rake up the leaves in fall.

Join the debate Does anyone knew that plastic bags were made to save the planet ?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
22 Reasons to be Skeptical of Man-Made Global Warming4927-04-2024 04:05
Only The Old Religions Can Save This Civilization From Total Collapse Destruction003-11-2023 02:36
The Technology Team & Some Entities Was, Are Preventing The Messiah To Save The World1702-08-2023 06:23
If Do Not Receive Support Next 120 Hours , My Conditions To Save This World Will Raise413-07-2023 05:43
You Knew It Would Come to This323-05-2023 22:12
Articles
Barack Obama: Energy Independence and the Safety of Our Planet
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact