Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Oh, my... looks like I caused quite the squabble.

Play nice, boys!

Meh. Swan just like to spend his time insulting people. He contributes very little to the forum other than that.

Says the noodlenuts who does not believe that the climate changes over time or that there was ever an ice age where the first North Americans crossed over from Asia on the ice.

Silly girl

Ever hear of a boat? No, not your dingy...it's an actual boat.

I like it. How fast can it go?

How fast do you WANT to go?

About trolling speed. You wouldn't want to spill your beer!

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-04-2022 15:26
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

Play nice, boys!

Meh. Swan just like to spend his time insulting people. He contributes very little to the forum other than that.

Says the noodlenuts who does not believe that the climate changes over time or that there was ever an ice age where the first North Americans crossed over from Asia on the ice.

Silly girl

There you go again. You have no idea if an ice bridge ever occurred. Climate cannot change. There is no value associated with climate to change.

Yes I do know that the ice bridge occurred because there were no 737's at the time. If your mind could function logically, which it can not you also would know that there was an ice bridge
02-04-2022 16:00
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(350)
Oh Gassy,

That picture of the sofa with the motor on the back reminds me of when I was in high school and we drilled a hole in the back seat, put a keg in the trunk, and ran the spout into the car. What fun.

Hey, does anyone know how you can prevent double vision when you're drunk?

(this is a real question, not a joke)
02-04-2022 19:42
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

Play nice, boys!

Silly girl

There you go again. You have no idea if an ice bridge ever occurred. Climate cannot change. There is no value associated with climate to change.

Yes I do know that the ice bridge occurred because there were no 737's at the time. If your mind could function logically, which it can not you also would know that there was an ice bridge

What has a 737 got to do with an ice bridge that you say occurred??
How do you know there was an ice bridge? Were you there?

You really need to learn to recognize your religion for what it is.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-04-2022 19:43
(21599)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Oh Gassy,

That picture of the sofa with the motor on the back reminds me of when I was in high school and we drilled a hole in the back seat, put a keg in the trunk, and ran the spout into the car. What fun.

Close your eyes and take a nap.

The Parrot Killer

02-04-2022 21:50
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

Play nice, boys!

Silly girl

But how do you know an ice bridge ever existed? No one ever wrote about crossing it, or actually seeing one. Has there ever been a time in recorded history, when this mythical ice bridge reformed, even partially?

Could travelers have made the crossing, polar bear style, on a chunk of ice?

It's all just a guess, and what makes sense to the most, becomes the most likely, until someone dreams up something better. It's faith based, since you believe the 'experts' would know something more, that drives their faith.
03-04-2022 03:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

Play nice, boys!

Silly girl

What has a 737 got to do with an ice bridge that you say occurred??
How do you know there was an ice bridge? Were you there?

You really need to learn to recognize your religion for what it is.

LOL I wasn't there when your father banged your mom behind the dumpster, but since here you are I know that it happened. Your belief that reality exist dependent on whether I was there or not is actually fully and completely pathologically psychotic
03-04-2022 03:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
Swan wrote:Your belief that reality exist dependent on whether I was there or not is actually fully and completely pathologically psychotic

Your belief that reality is determined by whatever you happen to believe and not the other way around is actually fully and completely pathologically psychotic.

Schizzo. Silly girl. LOL Yawn.
Attached image:

03-04-2022 15:26
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Your belief that reality exist dependent on whether I was there or not is actually fully and completely pathologically psychotic

Your belief that reality is determined by whatever you happen to believe and not the other way around is actually fully and completely pathologically psychotic.

I still like the selfie photos of your padded room estate.

What forms the Pacific mid ocean ridge?

Elementary Watson, this is the only place on Earth where the plates are moving away from one another. Furthermore I was not there when this began, nor do I need to be there for reality to exist, not that you the local communist schizzo (AOC) can process logical thought.

So what does Joe Biden's diaper smell like?
03-04-2022 18:26
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(350)
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

Hey, I never thought of that ITN. Good one?

No, actually, you just close one eye!!!

You can't have DOUBLE vision with just ONE eye - get it?
03-04-2022 19:37
(14414)
Swan wrote:nor do I need to be there for reality to exist

Yawn. Yes, you absolutely need to be there to be able to verify, and you absolutely need to verify in order to know. Otherwise you simply believe.

I totally get it, your beliefs don't sound quite as solid when you are honest and refer to them as your beliefs. They sound so much more authoritative when you are removed from the equation.
You eliminate fear of embarrassment by referring to your personal beliefs as "what you know,". But often you are insecure in your beliefs to the point that you can't quite fully delude yourself into thinking that what you believe is what you know, so you often need a little boost by using the power of the Marxist " we" to transform "what you know" into "what we know" ... which is then one short step away from curing into "what is known."

What you believe. -->. MAGICK -->. What is known

Omniscience on demand!

LOL, schizzo. Silly girl! LOL LOL .... ROFYawning
03-04-2022 21:23
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:

Yawn. Yes, you absolutely need to be there to be able to verify, and you absolutely need to verify in order to know. Otherwise you simply believe.

I totally get it, your beliefs don't sound quite as solid when you are honest and refer to them as your beliefs. They sound so much more authoritative when you are removed from the equation.
You eliminate fear of embarrassment by referring to your personal beliefs as "what you know,". But often you are insecure in your beliefs to the point that you can't quite fully delude yourself into thinking that what you believe is what you know, so you often need a little boost by using the power of the Marxist " we" to transform "what you know" into "what we know" ... which is then one short step away from curing into "what is known."

Omniscience on demand!

Wrong, I was not there when your fathers sperm burrowed into your mothers egg, this is verified because you exist. My being there is irrelevant to reality. Not that a schizzo like you can comprehend any sort of reality in the first place.
03-04-2022 22:55
(21599)
IBdaMann wrote:

No. This is psychoquackery.

First, you have to define what 'real' or 'reality' means. This is where philosophy comes in, specifically the problems of phenomenology.

Reality is indeed what you happen to believe. It colors every observation you make. For you, that IS reality. There is no 'absolute reality'.

To illustrate:

Take a simple event, the sunrise.

To one, it is a god, rising above the horizon to light the world for His people (remember Ra?).
To another, it is a vehicle for such a god (remember Apollo?).
To another, it is an object that orbits a stationary Earth (remember Aristotle?).
To another, it is an object that is fixed in space and the Earth's spin makes it look like it's rotating (remember Ptolemy?).
To another, both the Sun and Earth are moving around a central point called a 'barycenter'.
To another, both the Sun and the Earth are moving as they orbit the galaxy.

Several of these are mutually exclusive of each other. Yet, to each observer, what see is 'reality' to them.

Each observer has senses that tell him this event is happening. These are just raw impulses. To give them meaning, they have to be interpreted. That interpretation is according your own personal model of how the universe works. That model is as unique to each of us as a fingerprint.

Some things have common characteristics about that 'fingerprint'. Western culture, for example, tended toward the latter explanations. Eastern cultures tended toward some of the earlier explanations.

You still find sun worshipers today. They still believe the Sun is some sort of god. To them, that IS their reality. To you, that's BS. It all depends on how you interpret your observations.

Even with all our instrumentation (which just augments our basic senses and therefore are just as affected by the problems of phenomenology), we are still stuck with the same way of defining our 'reality'.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories. It is not any observation or data (which is a result of an observation), for observations themselves are all subject to the problems of phenomenology.

An observation can certainly result in a theory, but a theory can come from mathematics or a thought experiment as well. It can even come from watching an episode of Sponge Bob or even while sleeping. As long as the theory is falsifiable, it is science.

Many a person has been fooled by an optical illusion. There are illusions for each of our senses. They are often amusing as we interpret them in a different way, redefining what is 'real' to ourselves when we do so.

Hollywood often makes stories about this very problem, the most notable of which lately is the Matrix movies. Morphius is asking Neo this very question: What IS real? How do you define 'real'? He also answers it after a fashion: 'Real' is only what is revealed to your senses and what you imagine to be 'real' (the interpretation part). Another great bit is in the movie Dark Star where Lt. Doolittle is trying to explain to the Bomb what 'real' means.

I have already shown how the simple event of a sunrise can be differently interpreted by each observer as their own reality. This is true for any observation. The western view is not the only view.

The Parrot Killer

03-04-2022 22:58
(21599)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I still like the selfie photos of your padded room estate.

What forms the Pacific mid ocean ridge?

Unknown. There are several mutually exclusive models.
Swan wrote:
Elementary Watson, this is the only place on Earth where the plates are moving away from one another. Furthermore I was not there when this began, nor do I need to be there for reality to exist, not that you the local communist schizzo (AOC) can process logical thought.

So you believe this model. To you, this is your reality.
Swan wrote:
So what does Joe Biden's diaper smell like?

Probably like shit and pee, if he's wearing one.

The Parrot Killer

03-04-2022 22:59
(21599)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

Hey, I never thought of that ITN. Good one?

No, actually, you just close one eye!!!

You can't have DOUBLE vision with just ONE eye - get it?

Heh. Harder to nap that way, but I've known people to sleep with their eyes open (and unseeing). It's creepy looking.

The Parrot Killer

03-04-2022 23:04
(21599)
IBdaMann wrote:

Omniscience on demand!

Not quite right. Reality exists whether you personally verify it exists or not. His belief IS his reality. Here you are taking the quite proper stand of not stating any belief on the matter and pointing out that his belief is just that...a belief.

You also called the correct fallacy. It is an omniscience fallacy. He is trying to force his reality into yours. He is literally attempting to call his reality an Absolute Reality (there is no such thing).

The Parrot Killer

03-04-2022 23:05
(21599)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Omniscience on demand!

Wrong, I was not there when your fathers sperm burrowed into your mothers egg, this is verified because you exist. My being there is irrelevant to reality. Not that a schizzo like you can comprehend any sort of reality in the first place.

You are describing yourself. It is YOU that has no concept of what 'reality' or 'real' even means.

The Parrot Killer

04-04-2022 01:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

First, you have to define what 'real' or 'reality' means. This is where philosophy comes in, specifically the problems of phenomenology.

Reality is indeed what you happen to believe. It colors every observation you make. For you, that IS reality. There is no 'absolute reality'.

To illustrate:

To one, it is a god, rising above the horizon to light the world for His people (remember Ra?).
To another, it is an object that orbits a stationary Earth (remember Aristotle?).
To another, it is an object that is fixed in space and the Earth's spin makes it look like it's rotating (remember Ptolemy?).
To another, both the Sun and Earth are moving around a central point called a 'barycenter'.

Several of these are mutually exclusive of each other. Yet, to each observer, what see is 'reality' to them.

Each observer has senses that tell him this event is happening. These are just raw impulses. To give them meaning, they have to be interpreted. That interpretation is according your own personal model of how the universe works. That model is as unique to each of us as a fingerprint.

Some things have common characteristics about that 'fingerprint'. Western culture, for example, tended toward the latter explanations. Eastern cultures tended toward some of the earlier explanations.

You still find sun worshipers today. They still believe the Sun is some sort of god. To them, that IS their reality. To you, that's BS. It all depends on how you interpret your observations.

Even with all our instrumentation (which just augments our basic senses and therefore are just as affected by the problems of phenomenology), we are still stuck with the same way of defining our 'reality'.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories. It is not any observation or data (which is a result of an observation), for observations themselves are all subject to the problems of phenomenology.

An observation can certainly result in a theory, but a theory can come from mathematics or a thought experiment as well. It can even come from watching an episode of Sponge Bob or even while sleeping. As long as the theory is falsifiable, it is science.

Many a person has been fooled by an optical illusion. There are illusions for each of our senses. They are often amusing as we interpret them in a different way, redefining what is 'real' to ourselves when we do so.

Hollywood often makes stories about this very problem, the most notable of which lately is the Matrix movies. Morphius is asking Neo this very question: What IS real? How do you define 'real'? He also answers it after a fashion: 'Real' is only what is revealed to your senses and what you imagine to be 'real' (the interpretation part). Another great bit is in the movie Dark Star where Lt. Doolittle is trying to explain to the Bomb what 'real' means.

I have already shown how the simple event of a sunrise can be differently interpreted by each observer as their own reality. This is true for any observation. The western view is not the only view.

So you are saying that if I refuse to define real or reality then nothing is real. Ya know I am coming to the conclusion that you work for the Government because your stupidity is unparalleled
04-04-2022 05:31
(14414)
Swan wrote:So you are saying that if I refuse to define real or reality then nothing is real.

How did you draw that conclusion? Logic isn't your strong suit apparently.

You are the one using the term "reality" and everybody has different definitions so if you won't define what you mean when you use the term, you are just babbling.

Surely you can define the terms you use, yes? ... or do you admit to just babbling words that you don't understand?

Once again, you use the word "reality" ... and you use it in a way that seems to mean "imaginary world of strange beliefs." I think Into the Night simply wanted to offer you the opportunity to confirm that to be the case.

Swan wrote: Ya know I am coming to the conclusion that you work for the Government because your stupidity is unparalleled

Who wants parallel stupidity?
04-04-2022 06:59
(21599)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

To illustrate:

So you are saying that if I refuse to define real or reality then nothing is real. Ya know I am coming to the conclusion that you work for the Government because your stupidity is unparalleled

To you, the use of the word 'real' or 'reality' is without meaning...a buzzword.

The Parrot Killer

04-04-2022 16:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:So you are saying that if I refuse to define real or reality then nothing is real.

How did you draw that conclusion? Logic isn't your strong suit apparently.

You are the one using the term "reality" and everybody has different definitions so if you won't define what you mean when you use the term, you are just babbling.

Surely you can define the terms you use, yes? ... or do you admit to just babbling words that you don't understand?

Once again, you use the word "reality" ... and you use it in a way that seems to mean "imaginary world of strange beliefs." I think Into the Night simply wanted to offer you the opportunity to confirm that to be the case.

Swan wrote: Ya know I am coming to the conclusion that you work for the Government because your stupidity is unparalleled

Who wants parallel stupidity?

Actually you said that if I was not there then I can not know that it was real. I responded by saying that I was not present at your birth nut I still know that you are real. This is true for all things whether your schizzo mind agrees or not.

PS. You need to take the Abilify EVERY DAY

Really
Page 4 of 4<<<234

Join the debate New Ice age by 2030:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
Arctic sea ice cover1909-04-2022 08:29
Arctic ice cover202-04-2022 09:26
From ice core analysis to temperature curves26609-09-2021 01:41
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact