Remember me
▼ Content

Many worlds hypothesis

Many worlds hypothesis10-03-2021 04:41
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Does any one see the many worlds hypothesis as an explanation for quantum entanglement?
10-03-2021 04:43
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14443)
keepit wrote: Does any one see the many worlds hypothesis as an explanation for quantum entanglement?

Nobody has established quantum entanglement. There is no need to search for an explanation for something that does not exist.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-03-2021 05:40
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Hold on bucko. There are physicists who believe they have proof of quantum entanglement. I know, i know, you don't believe anyone who disagrees but that is getting old and it's definitely non productive.
The connection between entanglement and the many worlds hypothesis is this - every field (particle) has characteristics such as charge, mass, color, spin etc. There is only a certain amount of mass, charge, spin and color in the universe. We've all heard that mass can't be created or destroyed. It's also true of charge and spin. So, if you have 2 electrons that have indeterminate spin and you send one of the electrons a bazillion miles away and then put left spin on one of the electrons, then the other electron has to have a unit of right spin. Now here's the real tough part - how does the universe know immediately that the first electron just got left spin? Well, the universe does know immediately and it immediately causes the second electron to have right spin in order to conserve spin. But the universe doesn't really know immediately! According to the many worlds hypothesis there is one universe (world) where the first electron gets left spin and therefore the 2nd electron gets right spin. In the second world (universe) the first electron has right spin and the second one has left spin. That's the way it has to be if spin quantity has to be conserved. There's definitely room for debate. We have to choose which universe to enter, the one with the left spin or the one with the right spin. You can't enter both at the same time.
Edited on 10-03-2021 05:42
10-03-2021 05:59
(14443)
keepit wrote: There are physicists who believe they have proof of quantum entanglement.

keepit, you are a moron. Either there is entanglement science or there is not ... and you are saying that there is not.

It does not matter that a human subjectively believes there is entanglement; if he doesn't have science then he's peddling his beliefs and frankly I'm not interested.

Also you are well aware that proofs apply to math, logic and philosophy. There are no proofs in science.

Let me know when you have entanglement science.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-03-2021 07:37
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
We all know that when the liberal left spins anything, they are up to no good... science fiction rarely leads to science fact. Usually, it's just wishful thinking. Sort of like when you are heavily in debt, the ultimate solution, would be just to print yourself enough dollars, to pay off your debt. Then, you don't have to start spending less.
10-03-2021 23:58
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: Does any one see the many worlds hypothesis as an explanation for quantum entanglement?

Nobody has established quantum entanglement. There is no need to search for an explanation for something that does not exist.

Wrong

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/teleporting-toward-a-quantum-internet
11-03-2021 00:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: There are physicists who believe they have proof of quantum entanglement.

keepit, you are a moron. Either there is entanglement science or there is not ... and you are saying that there is not.

It does not matter that a human subjectively believes there is entanglement; if he doesn't have science then he's peddling his beliefs and frankly I'm not interested.

Also you are well aware that proofs apply to math, logic and philosophy. There are no proofs in science.

Children in a daycare might have a better grasp of things. What are you guys on about?
11-03-2021 00:20
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Children in a daycare might have a better grasp of things. What are you guys on about?

Well if they are my kids, yea.........................
11-03-2021 00:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Tends to say that you have nothing to say. It's about your kids. Thank You.
11-03-2021 09:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21624)
keepit wrote:
Hold on bucko. There are physicists who believe they have proof of quantum entanglement.

There is no proof possible in an open functional system. This is a circular argument, or an argument of faith. Attempting to prove a circular argument is a fallacy.
keepit wrote:
I know, i know, you don't believe anyone who disagrees but that is getting old and it's definitely non productive.

Argument of ignorance fallacy.
keepit wrote:
The connection between entanglement and the many worlds hypothesis is this - every field (particle) has characteristics such as charge, mass, color, spin etc.

A particle is not a field. Charge, mass, color, and spin are not fields either.
keepit wrote:
There is only a certain amount of mass, charge, spin and color in the universe.

There is no conservation of mass, charge, spin, or color.
keepit wrote:
We've all heard that mass can't be created or destroyed.

Mass can be destroyed, either by conversion to energy, to by taking it to absolute zero.
keepit wrote:
It's also true of charge and spin.

There is no conservation of charge or spin.
keepit wrote:
So, if you have 2 electrons that have indeterminate spin and you send one of the electrons a bazillion miles away and then put left spin on one of the electrons, then the other electron has to have a unit of right spin.

No. They have independent spin.
keepit wrote:
Now here's the real tough part - how does the universe know immediately that the first electron just got left spin?

It doesn't. The universe doesn't know anything. It has no brain.
keepit wrote:
Well, the universe does know immediately

The universe doesn't know anything.
keepit wrote:
and it immediately causes the second electron to have right spin in order to conserve spin.

The universe doesn't cause anything. It simply exists.
keepit wrote:
But the universe doesn't really know immediately!

The universe doesn't know anything.
keepit wrote:
According to the many worlds hypothesis there is one universe (world) where the first electron gets left spin and therefore the 2nd electron gets right spin.

There is only one known universe.
keepit wrote:
In the second world (universe) the first electron has right spin and the second one has left spin.

There is only one known universe.
keepit wrote:
That's the way it has to be if spin quantity has to be conserved.

Spin is not conserved.
keepit wrote:
There's definitely room for debate.

You are making shit up.
keepit wrote:
We have to choose which universe to enter, the one with the left spin or the one with the right spin. You can't enter both at the same time.

False dichotomy fallacy. Spin in both directions (as they would be measured) exists in the same universe.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-03-2021 13:35
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
What about quantum computers? Google claims they have one. Is it a true quantum computer ( I do not even know what it means) or is it a hoax?
11-03-2021 14:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Tends to say that you have nothing to say. It's about your kids. Thank You.

Actually when one has an above top secret security clearance one is not supposed to have anything to say on a message board followed by the government.

Yawning

Hi Edgar

Are they Edgar?
11-03-2021 16:20
(14443)
Swan wrote:Actually when one has an above top secret security clearance one is not supposed to have anything to say on a message board followed by the government.

Too funny. There is nothing above Top Secret in the US.

11-03-2021 17:32
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
itn,
You misunderstand quantum entanglement at so many levels that it's a waste of time to point things out to you.
11-03-2021 18:18
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
itn,

keepit,

keepit wrote:
You misunderstand quantum entanglement at so many levels

Here is the typical unsupported claim of "you don't know what you're talking about".

keepit wrote:
that it's a waste of time to point things out to you.

Here is the typical cop out of "it is too complex and/or too lengthy for me to explain it to you".
11-03-2021 18:28
(14443)
keepit wrote:itn,You misunderstand quantum entanglement at so many levels that it's a waste of time to point things out to you.

In your own mind you are fooling everyone.

11-03-2021 19:31
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Actually when one has an above top secret security clearance one is not supposed to have anything to say on a message board followed by the government.

Too funny. There is nothing above Top Secret in the US.

Not that your sick mind will ever know about anyway
11-03-2021 20:29
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
For example, if one can't get past the fact that spin is conserved, i don't know what to say. Not that i'm an expert but in general spin is conserved. To speak otherwise one would need to have much, and i really mean much, more expertise than you've ever shown on this website.
11-03-2021 21:22
(21624)
Xadoman wrote:
What about quantum computers? Google claims they have one. Is it a true quantum computer ( I do not even know what it means) or is it a hoax?

It's a hoax. Google computers (I've purchased older ones) are traditional PC's that are rack mounted.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-03-2021 21:23
(21624)
keepit wrote:
itn,
You misunderstand quantum entanglement at so many levels that it's a waste of time to point things out to you.

You haven't pointed anything out to anyone. You are just griping because you don't know either physics nor quantum mechanics.

The Parrot Killer

11-03-2021 21:26
(21624)
keepit wrote:
For example, if one can't get past the fact that spin is conserved,

Spin is not conserved.
keepit wrote:
i don't know what to say.

Say nothing then. You only dig your own hole deeper.
keepit wrote:
Not that i'm an expert

Obviously.
keepit wrote:
but in general spin is conserved.

Spin is not conserved.
keepit wrote:
To speak otherwise one would need to have much, and i really mean much, more expertise than you've ever shown on this website.

Attempted proof by 'expert'. Expert worship. Void authority fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Many worlds hypothesis:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Magma vortex hypothesis about earthquakes3716-08-2023 14:54
BREAKING NEWS- Woody Harrelson voted in as new Worlds smartest man003-03-2023 15:29
"Trump won in a landslide" - A Falsifiable Hypothesis2613-05-2022 01:32
Candle Hypothesis2027-08-2020 09:47
You Are Living In A Trap Endless Matrix Worlds: Dejavu, Lucid Dream, Time Travel, Novels, Movies309-08-2020 04:34
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact